FISCHER (FBC & Co.) covers the full spectrum of white-collar matters and frequently advises leading defendants in the most high-profile public corruption cases. The firm's client list includes Knesset members, mayors and senior advisors. The team also has a strength in securities offences, acting in international investigations by the US Securities and Exchange Commission, in addition to the largest investigation ever conducted by the domestic securities authority. Practice head Dror Matatyahu has experience acting on both sides of white-collar investigations; he previously served as a senior prosecutor in the Economic Department of the State Attorney’s Office.
Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud in Israel
Other key lawyers:
Omer Aviram; Dana Shol
‘The quality of the leading lawyers is unique. They give all their hearts for their clients. Dror Matatyahu and Dana Shol are unique.’
‘Best I ever met!’
‘Deror Matatyahu and Dana Shol: Professional, sensible, high performance over the years!‘
‘From day one, they became like family members. I highly recommended them!’
- Representing MK Bitan in a matter of alleged suspicions of corruption offenses in the Rishon Lezion municipality, while he served as Deputy Mayor and chairman of the city’s planning and zoning committee.
- Representing the Mayor of the City of Bat Yam, Yossi Bachar, in a matter of alleged claims of bribes to voters. Matter successfully dismissed.
- Representing Raz Besserglik in a matter pertaining to a US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) international investigation on suspicion of defrauding investors in the binary options field.
Though only established in 2018, Hadad, Roth & Co has quickly developed a reputation as a go-to practice for white collar and investigation matters; the group is instructed by numerous senior politicians and public figures for representation in the most significant public corruption cases. The firm also represents private companies and individuals accused of tax offences, money laundering and diamond smuggling. Founding partner Amit Hadad leads the department and acts in disputes which attract extensive media coverage. Most notably, Hadad is advising Benjamin Netanyahu with regards to bribery, fraud and breach of trust charges.
‘Senior partners do all the work.’
Adv. David Shimron
- Representing Prime Minister Netanyahu in bribery charges in Case 4000, as well as fraud and breach of trust charges in Cases 1000 and 2000.
- Represented advisors for Prime Minister Netanyahu, during an investigation regarding a felony of badgering a witness. The affair brought up new issues regarding investigation methods.
- Represented David Shimron a hearing regarding suspicions for money laundering.
A boutique dispute resolution firm, Kosteliz & Co., Law Office acts in almost all of the most high-profile public corruption cases in Israel, often representing senior public officials as well as politicians, including Benjamin Netanyahu. The practice is also active in private sector investigations, where it advises businesses and their directors in proceedings relating to bribery, fraud and securities offences. Founding partner Yaron Kosteliz 'combines highest knowledge of the law with his experience together with compassion, common sense and good communication'; he leads the practice alongside fellow founder Yoav Segel.
Yaron Kostelitz; Yoav Segal
‘The personal involvement of Yaron Kosteliz, the principle, in the case allows quick answers at the highest professional level.’
‘Yaron Kosteliz is an outstanding lawyer. He combines highest knowledge of the law with his experience together with compassion, common sense and good communication with his client.’
Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu
Rami Levy Communications Ltd.
Mr. Shai Ben David
Adv. Shlomo Deri
Kost Forer Gabbay & Kasierer (Ernst & Young, Israel) – Ronen Kimchi, CPA
Kost Forer Gabbay & Kasierer (Ernst & Young, Israel) – Ofer Erez, CPA
Mr. Benjamin Arbit
Mr. Ilan Carmit
Mr. Meir Turgeman
Mr. Israel Yehoshua
- Representing Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, in all of the cases where public wrongdoing was attributed thereto.
- Representing Eliezer Sandberg in several police inquiries into the affair dubbed the “Submarine Case” and in a pre-indictment hearing before the Tel-Aviv DA.
- Representing Avigdor Liberman and Yisrael Beiteinu Party in a private prosecution against the journalist Mr. Yoav Yizhak for defamation with the intent to harm Mr. Liberman and the party.
One of the largest full service firms in Israel, Meitar Law Offices has substantial expertise in all areas of white collar crime. The firm is especially active in international investigations, assisting with extradition proceedings as well as securities offences. It acted in connection with the investigation by the Israel Securities Authority as part of the Bezeq-Elovitch affair. Eyal Rosovsky operates a broad litigation practice and has previously represented Ehud Olmert, former Prime Minister of Israel, in the Talansky affair. Nadav Weisman has experience advising on both sides of investigations; he previously worked as a military prosecutor in the Judge Advocate General's Corps of the Israel Defence Forces.
Eyal Rosovsky; Nadav Weisman; Yuval Sasson
Other key lawyers:
‘Nadav Weisman and his team are very professional with high level of service.’
‘Reli Leshem, Nadav Weisman and their team are very professional and helpful.’
‘We have been working with Meitar Law Firm in a very complex criminal file carried out in Romania for alleged corruption and work-related crimes, for Israeli clients, and another similar case investigated by the Romanian Anticorruption Directorate. Meitar Law Firm maintained its high-quality professional standard throughout the entire conduct of the projects, despite the high volume of work. They constantly maintained a liaison between our law firm and the Israeli clients, and understood very quickly the rather significant differences between our legal judicial systems. They did brilliant work in explaining them to the clients in very simple terms, so that we can adopt the best possible strategy in due course.’
‘We have been working with Yuval Sasson and Eithan Kidron, both partners with Meitar Law Firm. Both individuals are very professional and dedicated. Yuval Sasson is a brilliant strategist and can see the broader picture of an investigation, whilst conceiving very creative strategies. Eithan Kidron has a sound attention to details and is able to carry out a very big workload whilst keeping the best professional standards.’
Bazan (Oil Refineries ltd.)
- Represented Siemens AG and Siemens Israel in negotiations with the Office of the Tel Aviv District Attorney (Taxation & Economics), aimed at preventing indictments against the companies with regard to alleged offences of illegal payments to senior executives at the IEC, in connection with tenders in which Siemens took part between 1999 and 2005.
- Representing one of the executives of Bazan with respect to criminal charges for environmental offences.
AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co is instructed on a broad range of private sector investigations, including those concerning economic, tax or security offences, as well as matters relating to public officials such as bribery. The group is particularly active in diamond smuggling and represents major defendants in an investigation by the National Serious International Crimes Unit into the “Black Diamond” affair. Practice head Sharon Kohane specialises in money laundering issues; in addition to representing clients, Kohane is frequently consulted to provide expert opinions for the court.
A Knesset Member – David Bitan affair
Lev Leviev and the LLD Diamonds Company
The Albar Company
Albar CEO Oren Elezra and Chairman of Albar group Mr. Eli Elezra
CFO of Shikun & Binui Group
Constructor in Netivei Israel
The Legal Counsel for Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael (KKL)
Senior executives in the management of Kibbutz Lahav
The College of Management Academic Studies
- Representing MK David Bitan in his hearing before the Attorney general, for allegedly committing financial offences while serving as Deputy Mayor of Rishon Lezion.
- Representing the businessman Lev Leviev and the LLD Diamonds, LLC Company which he owns, in regard to an investigation centred around suspected smuggling of diamonds in the worth of NIS300m and money laundering.
- Representing the Albar Company, a public company, in a wide-ranging investigation regarding suspicions of tax crimes, deception, forgery of documents, submission of fraudulent documents and fraud in the scope of hundreds of millions of NIS for the purpose of the parallel import of cars to Israel.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co. represents companies and their senior officials from a number of industries regarding allegations of bribery, fraud, tax evasion and violations of securities law. In addition, the group handles criminal negligence investigations, often advising construction companies following fatal accidents in the workplace. Moshe Mazor leads the practice and uses his 'very good theoretical knowledge and practical skills' to advise on cross-border investigations. He recently assisted Shapir Group following accusations of the bribery of foreign public employees in Romania.
‘They have extensive experience in the representation of clients in white-collar crime proceedings. They represent big companies from Israel in proceedings abroad, including in Romania. They can easily provide the support needed by clients, given their extensive knowledge of the international legislation and their practice.’
‘The individual that we have worked a lot with is Mr. Moshe Mazor, Partner, Head of the Administrative and White Collar Litigation Department. He is a very qualified individual, with very good theoretical knowledge and practical skills.’
Dr. Gonen Segev
Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering Ltd.
Former senior officials of Shikun & Binui,
Senior officials of Gindi Investments Ltd.
Dor Chemicals Ltd.
Mr. Gadi Reichman
- Representing former senior officials in Shikun & Binui Ltd. in a criminal investigation relating to allegations of bribery of foreign public employees, false registration in corporate documents, fraud, violations of the Securities Law, and other offenses in Africa.
- Successfully advised the Shapir Group and senior officials in the company in investigations relating to allegations of bribery of foreign public employees in Romania.
- Representing former senior officials of Frutarom Industries Ltd., in various criminal and legal proceedings following an internal investigation of bribery and kickbacks allegations in Russia and Ukraine.
Ilan Sofer & Co.
A litigation boutique, Ilan Sofer & Co. advises individuals and businesses on the full range of white collar investigations, including extradition, tax and cybercrime offences. Furthermore, the group is involved in several highly publicised political corruption investigations, and represents a state witness in the Bezeq-Alowitz affair and the Netanyahu-Mozes affair. The team is also active in investigations by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, advising businesses accused of offences related to working on Shabbat and illegal overtime. Name partner Ilan Sofer leads the team and has a longstanding reputation as a 'remarkable litigator'.
Other key lawyers:
Elad Beker; Guy Wilf; Jonathan Dori
‘It is definitely a team of high-level professionals. They perform their tasks in the best way possible, whether it is performing in court, writing pleadings etc. They are also very goal-driven, dedicated and always available for consultations.’
‘Due to Ilan Sofer team’s efforts and talent, the criminal charges were cancelled and the case ended in the result of only a fine.’
‘Ilan Sofer is a remarkable litigator and he definitely masters the art of cross-examination. He is brilliant, creative and sharp, with a killer-instinct yet very pleasant human relation. Beside Ilan, I can mention his partners Elad Beker, Guy Wilf and Jonathan Dori who are also a highly skilled professionals.’
‘Ilan Sofer is extremely knowledgeable and is very committed which is highly important in white collar situations.’
Eitan Ben Zur
Adv. Abu Raya
Israeli Businessman Jacky Ben Zaken
Albar Car Leasing Company
- Representing State witness Nir Hefetz in connection with cases 1000 (“The Gifts Affair”), 2000 (“Netanyahu-Mozes affair”), and 4000 (“Bezeq-Alowitz affair”), a criminal indictment for charges of bribery and more, against PM Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Representing Boaz Dekel against accusations of receiving inside information and performing inside trading regarding the merger of “Nestle” and “Osem”.
- Representing Haim Revivo in an indictment filed against him on charges of bribery, as part of the 1803 Case regarding the allegation that officials received bribes in order to promote various real-estate projects.
Capable of advising on the complete spectrum of white collar and fraud offences, Krispin Rubinstein Blecher Law Offices assists clients from both the private and public sectors in matters related to tax, privacy, securities and criminal negligence. Antitrust is an area of particular expertise; the team is frequently instructed by companies and their directors in numerous sectors accused of cartel offences. Founding partner Roy Blecher, a 'talented and charismatic litigator', leads the practice and has high security clearance, allowing him to attend to classified security cases.
Other key lawyers:
Guy Zeevi; Oron Keinan
‘Blecher is a very talented and charismatic litigator. He is sharp-minded and his performance at court is very impressive. You definitely want him on your side!’
Ayelet Youngster and Gesher Tours
Mr. Ari Harow
Mr. Ronen Moshe
Lt. Col. Yishai Rosilio
Mr. Eran Grinfald
Mr. Yoram Alon
Mr. Asher Neeman
Mr. Hilik Kaliger
Mr. Yochai Ashraf
Mr. Shmuel Tomashin
- Representing Ari Harow in relation to cases that are pending against Prime Minister Netanyahu.
- Advising Ronen Moshe, who is charged with bribing senior government officials to promote and preserve its economic interests.
- Advising Shmuel Tomashi investigations and arrests in bribery cases in several municipalities.
The 'active and energetic team' at Ravit Zemach, Law Office, which was founded in 2011, has established itself as a go-to boutique in the white collar and economic crime arena. The firm represents high-profile individuals and businesses, suspects of securities offences, tax evasion, political corruption and fraud. It has a reputation for representing lead defendants in many of the most significant disputes in the sector; name partner Ravit Zemach, one of very few female partners in the sector, assisted the primary suspect in a money laundering investigation known as the "Submarine case".
‘In two words-Ravit Zemach! She is leading my case for 7 years now- managing it with much wisdom, letting me be involved for my request, and putting a lot of time and effort. She is always available for my questions and never gives up! Every possible defence strategy will be checked thoroughly.’
‘I can truly say I know Ravit understands perfectly what is the meaning of this case for my future life course. I feel and know the case is important to her as much as it is important to me – that means a lot to me and helps me live my life as calmly as possible in these difficult years. I know the case is in very, very reliable hands.’
‘The main aspects: thoroughness and determination. Observing legal proceedings such as conducting a war front in every way, while investing in deep creative thinking about the strategy that will lead to victory. Surgical analysis of all the information to locate vulnerabilities without giving up any detail and thorough scanning of every corner.’
‘Ravit with its active and energetic team (especially Amit), experience the client’s legal case 24 hours a day. They go to bed with the client’s story and get up with him in the morning. Every detail, small and large, is thoroughly treated, and the entire information is divided into chips, and examined under a microscope. All this makes the person on the other side of the barricade realize that his war will be difficult and exhausting, and all this can promote a positive decision for the client.’
Yaacov (Kobi) Karata, CPA
Rabbi Ofer Elmaliach
Mr. Nathan Grossman
Mr. Rafi Rotem
Ms. Ronit Rosenzweig, V.P. Finance at Shikun & Binui
Mr. Aviv Issat
Hillel Cerny and “Holyland”
We! Ankor and Former CEO Mr. Oshri Sharon
Mr. Eran Greenfeld
Dov Weinstein (CPA) and his firm
Adv. Shai Cohen
One of the pre-eminent litigation firms in Israel, S. Horowitz & Co's white-collar offering spans antirust, money laundering, fraud and economic offences. The group frequently handles innovative and precedential matters, such as representing the defendant in the first time an indictment was filed for crypto currency related economic offences. Pnina Sheffer-Emmanuel works with international and domestic corporations and their directors on a variety of issues. Amit Becher joined the firm in 2019, having previously worked in the finance and taxation department of the Tel Aviv District Attorney Office.
Pnina Sheffer Emmanuel; Amit Becher
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Forum International Equity Fund Ltd & Forum Global Fixed
Income Fund Ltd
Daniel Birnbaum – chairman and former CEO of SodaStream International Ltd.
Israel Electric Corporation
Magnezi Group – Kobi Magnezi
British Embassy of Israel
Booking Holdings Inc.
Kitov Pharma Ltd
Minrav Group, IVM-Sadyt
Israel Cancer Association
- Representing KONE Ltd. in a criminal hearing before the Competition Authority in an elevator cartel affair, involving suspicions against the leading elevator companies in the Israeli market.
- Representing one of the suspects in the bribery affair of the Likud’s Knesset Member David Bitan, in a hearing process before the State’s Attorney’s Office for Taxation and Economics.
- Representing an office holder of Magnezi Group in a criminal trial for tax offences before the Central District Court
Vardi Leshem Ron, Law Office is a 'top-notch choice for advice or representation' in white-collar matters; the firm handles a broad range of investigations from securities and tax offences to political corruption. The group is best-known for advising CEOs and other prominent businessmen, often in relation to money laundering. Founding partner Alon Ron, formerly a partner at Dr. J. Weinroth & Co., leads the practice and is acting for one of the individuals implicated in the LLD Diamonds smuggling scandal. Associate Ayelet Leshem advises on white collar investigations as part of a broad litigation practice.
Other key lawyers:
‘The combination of excellent human relations and deep understanding of legal issues and processes.’
‘Highly professional partners, excellent human relations, serious, hardworking with very special and sharp evidence in legal proceedings.’
‘A boutique firm that led the defence in multiple important white-collar cases. Lots of experience, familiarity with the relevant authorities and able to efficiently liaise with such authorities. A top-notch choice for advice or representation in any criminal investigation or indictment. ’
‘Alon Ron leads the practice. He is very smart, develops the right strategies, highly regarded by judges, prosecutors and peers. Provided excellent, quiet and efficient advice.’
Azaria Levi, Manager for Central America operations in SBI
Ronit Biran, the internal auditor of Shikun & Binui
Senior executives and office holders in Shikun & Binui
CEO of 4XP
Senior executives and office holders in Danya Cebus Ltd.
- Representing Mr. Leviev, the son of the renowned Mr. Lev Leviev diamond and real-estate mogul, in connection with his alleged involvement in the illegal smuggling of diamonds from Russia into Israel.
- Representing Avihu Aibchits – former CFO and VP Business Development of Negev Ceramics, a subsidiary of Africa Israel Industries, in the criminal proceedings being conducted against him on charges of securities laws offences and fraud.
- Representing a former senior executive of Frutarom and two partners at PWC Israel in investigation proceedings instigated against Frutaro.
Herzog Fox & Neeman primarily advises private businesses accused of tax evasion, money laundering and securities offences. Joseph Ashkenazi leads the white collar department, which was recently instructed by PM Benjamin Netanyahu to advise on highly-publicized investigations into fraud and breach of trust claims. The firm also has a dedicated anti-corruption group, which works with clients to provide regulatory advice and establish compliance programmes.
Other key lawyers:
- Represented the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, in legal proceeding regarding certain allegations in the cases known as 1000, 2000 and 4000 in which the Prime Minister has been investigated for bribery and breach of trust.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. acts for individuals and companies from across the private sector on a range of issues; the group is particularly active advising on securities offences and regularly represents defendants subject to investigations by the Israel Securities Authority. Practice head Ori Spiegel is highly experienced in offences relating to finance, including tax evasion and money laundering as well as seizure and foreclosure procedures.
Shelly & Sons
Drug Case Online
Super Yuda Supermarket chain
- Representing Liam Israel in a major indictment filed in the Tel Aviv District Court. The indictment relates to allegations of bribery, securities fraud, tax and capital laundering transactions amounting to NIS 10s of millions.
- Representing an individual in defence of an indictment relating to conspiracy, fraud, income tax offences and money laundering.
- Advising a key suspect in the on-going investigation of the Israel Securities Authority in alleged securities offences, fraud offences and offences under the Prohibition on Money Laundering Law.
Spigelman Koren Zamir & Co
Spigelman Koren Zamir & Co has extensive experience in all types of white collar and economic offences, in addition to advising on criminal aspects of environmental, construction and employment law. Daphna Weinberg leads the department, having previously worked under Jacob Weinroth.