With an outstanding reputation in white-collar crime, FISCHER (FBC & Co.) covers the full range of matters across all regulatory authorities. The department’s ability to call on expertise from the litigation, tax, competition law, and environmental protection practices is a clear asset. The group also advises on cross-border issues, such as matters involving investigations by the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Dror Matatyahu, formerly a senior prosecutor in the Economic Department of the State Attorney’s Office, is a prominent figure in the field and is currently acting chairman of the Economic Crimes & Anti-Money Laundering Committees and head of the Law and Communications Committee of the Israel Bar Association as well as a member of the National Criminal Bar Association.
Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud in Israel
FISCHER (FBC & Co.)
Other key lawyers:
‘Dror Matitiahu is a professional in his field, he has a big heart and he will do all he can do and even more than that to make the client happy.’
‘A rare combination of personal attitude and maximum availability alongside maximum professionalism. In a white-collar trial, your lawyer also becomes your psychologist, and Dror Matityahu certainly fits the definition.’
‘The uniqueness of the firm lies in its ability to provide a wide range of legal care. Our sense, time, and time again, was that they treat every legal case that comes to them, small and large, with equal importance. Dror Matityahu is in a unique place, in light of his experience in the State Attorney’s Office, and his familiarity with the way the State Attorney’s Office thinks and conducts itself.’
‘Their strength lies in the wide variety of legal departments in the firm, so that the client can receive comprehensive legal treatment, in every aspect, almost, in his business or personal activity.’
‘Dror Matatyahu has many years of experience in the field of white-collar. He has very good relations with various officials in the state authorities. The other lawyers in the department are very experienced and professional.’
‘Dror Matatyahu is considered one of the best litigators in the field, with great ability to improvise and think outside the box. Beyond that, he is known as an honest attorney. He has accumulated many achievements in large cases.’
‘Extremely professional and compassionate.’
‘Professional lawyers with a very broad expertise spectrum.’
MK David Bitan
Mayor Yossi Bachar
Tidhar Construction Ltd.
Mr Meir Hamo
Mr Tamir Zuman
Mr Yuval Kidron
Mr Eli Tobol
Mr Hanania Isacharov
Mr Yitzhak Rever
Ms Reut Benodis
Mr Yuri Shaklover
Mr Or Elovitch
Mr Uri (Uriel) Messer
Mr Golan Davidi
The Israel Brothers Ltd.
Mr Yoel Israel
Mr Yehoshua (Shuki) Gabay
Mr Shuki Sagis
Mr Moshe Rahmut
Ms Sivan Tzibolski
- Represented Yehoshua Gabay in an investigation alleging bribery, theft, forgery, and computer penetration.
- Representing MK David Bitan in an investigation by Lahav 433 alleging corruption.
- Representing Or Elovitch in an investigation by the Securities Authority alleging several financial crimes.
Kosteliz & Co., Law Office
A boutique firm excelling in political corruption matters, Kosteliz & Co., Law Office provides a comprehensive offer in civil, commercial, and administrative litigation with particular expertise in planning, zoning and real estate, representing clients in hearings before the State Attorney General, the Israelis Securities Authority, the Competition Authority, and all criminal court instances. A leading heavyweight litigator in his field, Yaron Kosteliz is also well versed in employment and military law. Co-founder Yoav Segal focuses on large-scale civil law suits, administrative petitions, class actions, disciplinary proceedings and white-collar crimes. In a recent highlight, the pair represented several heads of audit from Ernst & Young Israel before the Israeli Securities Authority concerning an administrative violation.
Yaron Kostelitz; Yoav Segal
Other key lawyers:
Aviad Shaulson; Simcha Albachari
‘Yaron Kosteliz is brilliant fast thinker who dives deep into the case and has the ability to understand the whole picture without loosing the small details of it. The team led by Yaron Kosteliz is brilliant. They are the best.’
Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu
Mr. Eliezer Sandberg
Mr. Benjamin Arbit
Mr. Avigdor Liberman
Rami Levy Communications Ltd.
Mr. Amikam Shorer
Kost Forer Gabbay & Kasierer
Mr. Ronen Kimchi
Adv. Dr. Harel Arnon
Mr. Ilan Carmit
Mr. Meir Turgeman
Mr. Israel Yehoshua
Mr. Avi Hovav
Rabbi Bakshi Doron
- Represented the late Rabbi Bakshi Doron, former Chief Rabbi of Israel, in the Supreme Court in an appeal alleging fraud.
- Represented Mr. Avigdor Liberman – Minister of Finance, former Minister of Defense and, previously Deputy Prime Minister of Israel, in a private prosecution.
- Representing Rami Levy Communications Ltd. in criminal proceedings concerning offences against the protection of privacy laws.
Meitar Law Offices
Meitar Law Offices is a go-to firm for domestic and international clients in matters of international crime, tax, bribery, and securities, with a track record of acting in high-profile cases such as the “Submarine Affair” and “Case 4000“. The department is co-headed by Eyal Rosovsky, a renowned litigator and member of several committees outside the firm, Nadav Weisman , a former military prosecutor regularly advocating before the district court and the Supreme Court in matters of commercial and criminal white-collar matters, and Yuval Sasson, a former deputy to Israel’s State Attorney and specialist in cases involving highly sensitive security matters.
Eyal Rosovsky; Nadav Weisman; Yuval Sasson
Other key lawyers:
Eithan Kidron; Nachshon Shohat
‘Very professional team with strong business acumen.’
‘ Meitar La Offices maintained its high-quality professional standard throughout the entire conduct of the project. Meitar Law Offices understood very quickly the rather significant differences between different legal judicial systems and did a brilliant job of explaining them, in very simple terms.’
‘Both Yuval Sasson and Eithan Kidron are very professional and dedicated. Yuval Sasson is a brilliant strategist and can see the broader picture of an investigation, whilst conceiving very creative strategies. Eithan Kidron has a sound attention to details and is able to carry out a very big amount of workload whilst keeping the best professional standards.’
Bazan (Oil Refineries ltd.)
Suny Electronics Ltd.
- Represented Michael Bulatov in an extradition brought by the Russian Federation for three alleged murders in Kazakhstan.
- Representing Reciplia SRL and Tal Silberstein in connection with criminal proceedings in Romania alleging organised crime, money laundering, and traffic of influence.
- Advised Ilan Yeshua, the former CEO of Walla, before, during and after his investigation by the Israeli police and the Israel Securities Authority in the Bezeq-Elovitch affair, also known as Case 4000.
Ravit Zemach, Law Office
Ravit Zemach, Law Office will “fight for its clients as if it is a real war” as exhibited by its strong track record in handling local representation as part of international investigations with multi-jurisdictional aspects for a long list of high-profile clients. Ravit Zemach is a leading expert in the field of white-collar crime, especially in cross-border matters, with her representation of Michael Ganor in the “3000 Case” on charges of bribery, money laundering, and tax evasion a stand-out example.
Other key lawyers:
‘This practice fight for its clients as if it is a real war – the practice will do anything (by law of course) to give the clients the best outcome possible.’
‘Ravit dedicates herself completely to the case and is always available for anything I might need from her. I truly feel and know winning the case is as important to her as to myself. Besides her exceptional legal knowledge and her thorough method of working, Ravit is supper creative and takes unusual points of view.’
‘Amit Nir is also a bright lawyer. He is very sharp-minded.’
Mr. Michael Ganor
Mr. Ronen Moshe
Mr. Yaacov (Kobi) Karata
Rabbi Ofer Elmaliach
Mr. Nathan Grossman
Mr. Rafi Rotem
Ms. Ronit Rosenzweig
Mr. Aviv Issat
Mr. Oshri Sharon
Mr. Eran Greenfeld
Mr. Ofer Kotler
- Represented Yaacov Karata before the Magistrate Court regarding allegations of aiding others with tax evasion.
- Representing Ofer Kotler in investigations alleging bribery of foreign civil servants in Africa.
- Representing Rafi Rotem in an appeal by the state to overturn his convictions.
AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co
Led by Sharon Kohane, the team at AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co specialises in white-collar crime, with particular expertise in offences pertaining to administrative corruption, tax, securities, competition law, and money laundering. A former servant at the Tel Aviv district attorney office as senior prosecutor and head of department, Kohane is particularly experienced in money laundering matters.
‘Professional with huge patience and availability.’
Mr. Rami Tayeb
Adv. Shlomo Deri
Mr. Moshe Hava
Mrs. Eva Waldman
Mr. David Bitan
LLD Diamonds Company
Mr. Oren Elezra
Mr. Eli Elezra
- Represented MK and advocate David Bitan before the Attorney General in proceedings arisen from allegations of bribery, breach of trust, money laundering and tax offences.
- Representing Rami Tayeb in proceedings regarding allegations of bribery, money laundering, tax evasion, and fraud.
- Representing Albar Company and its officials in an investigation regarding tax crimes, deception, forgery of documents, and submission of fraudulent documents, valued at NIS250m.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co.
With strong cross-border capabilities, the department at Goldfarb Seligman & Co. has a strong proficiency in representing governmental officials, particularly in matters pertaining clemency and sentence reduction, in addition to acting for defence companies and healthcare players, with notable expertise in work safety compliance and money laundering. Able to draw on the expertise of four dedicated litigation departments, Moshe Mazor , whose specialisms include additionally advocating in proceedings concerning environmental, competition, and securities law, heads the white-collar practice. He regularly represents military and security personnel and is a specialist in handling cases concerning the US and Eastern European countries.
‘Good staffing of professionals, responsive and experienced.’
‘Moshe Mazor is an exceptional and outstanding lawyer – very professional, responsive, understanding of client needs and provides practical on the spot advice.’
‘The professionalism and the dedication in conducting the strategy for the clients stand out.’
Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering Ltd.
Senior officials of Gindi Investments Ltd.
Magen David Adom
Mr. Alexander Yashish
Mr. Guy Caspi, one of the founders and former CEO of the Fifth Dimension Ltd.
Dr. Hillel Davis
Dor Chemicals Ltd.
Yaron-Shimoni-Shacham Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Oram Engineering and Management Ltd.
Mr. Gadi Reichman
Mr. and Mrs. Erdman
Mr. Guy Rodnicki
Mr. Imad Dakhla
- Representing Alexander Yashish in an investigation concerning suspicion of bribing foreign public servants, falsifying corporate documents, fraud, and securities law violations in Africa.
- Providing ongoing counsel and representation to NSO Group in investigations related to the so-called “Pegasus Project”.
- Representing former senior officials of Frutarom Industries Ltd., in various proceedings alleging bribery and kickbacks in Russia and Ukraine.
Ilan Sofer & Co.
Focused on white-collar crime and commercial litigation, Ilan Sofer & Co. offers a boutique service in these complementary practices, mainly acting for former public officials and prominent business people. Previously head of the white-collar and commercial litigation team at Goldfarb Seligman & Co., Sofer himself is additionally an expert in competition and tender law as well as in employment law. He is also co-chair of the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Committee of the Israel Bar Association as well as a member of its National Ethics Committee.
Other key lawyers:
Elad Beker; Guy Wilf; Jonathan Dori
‘Very personal and professional team. 24/7 answer your calls and calm you down. Very efficient and know how to navigate the situation in your favour.’
‘Warm and professional personnel that make you to feel safe and that you are in a good hands to represent your interests.’
‘Ilan Sofer & Guy Wilf help me a lot, they are professional, good people, and very high-quality lawyers’
‘Ilan Sofer is smart and has lots of experience. Guy Wilf is professional, involved in ALL details and a very nice lawyer, gives you the security in your case.’
‘Ilan Sofer is extremely talented, super smart, and an amazing professional.’
Adv. Abu Raya
Mr Jacky Ben Zaken
- Representing State witness Nir Hefetz in connection with cases 1000 (‘The Gifts Affair’), 2000 (‘Netanyahu-Mozes affair’), and 4000 (‘Bezeq-Alowitz affair’) – which are part of the criminal indictment against former PM Benjamin Netanyahu for charges of bribery and more.
- Representing Haim Revivo, a renowned Israeli soccer player, in an indictment filed against him on charges of bribery, as part of the 1803 Case regarding the allegation about officials receiving bribes in order to promote various real-estate projects.
- Representing Tnuva, Israel’s largest food manufacturer, and its officers in an investigation carried out by Lahav 443 – an elite police unit, regarding suspicions of bribery and fraud related to a reform by the Ministry of Health.
S. Horowitz & Co
S. Horowitz & Co assists with a broad spectrum of white-collar crime offences and regularly collaborates with prominent US and EU firms in cases with an international scope. Co-head Pnina Sheffer-Emmanuel is an experienced litigator who handles criminal investigations, hearings, and proceedings before both courts and regulatory agencies concerning alleged offences of money laundering, breach of trust, cartel, and fraud. Co-head Amit Becher specialises in criminal and administrative cases in capital markets in addition to white- collar crime matters and served as a senior attorney and head of division at the district attorney’s office before joining the firm.
Pnina Sheffer Emmanuel; Amit Becher
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Forum International Equity Fund Ltd
Forum Global Fixed Income Fund Ltd
Former CEO of Shikun & Binui
Booking Holdings Inc.
Israel Electric Corporation
Baker Mckenzie LLP
Ashdod Port Company
- Representing KONE Ltd. in a criminal case before the district court concerning the elevator cartel affair.
- Representing David Katz and Bereshit Group in investigation proceedings before the Israel Securities Authority alleging securities, tax, money laundering, and fraud-related offences.
- Representing Avi Davidov in a criminal case before the district court in relation to the case against Knesset member David Bitan.
Vardi Leshem Ron, Law Office
Active in corporate, contract, and real estate matters, Vardi Leshem Ron, Law Office impresses with its strong white-collar practice which covers the full spectrum of offences and breaks new ground in up-and-coming fields such as criminal activity in Forex trading. Experts in civil and criminal litigation, the team is led by Alon Ron who represents clients in matters of securities, money laundering, breaches of duty, and tax offences with particular expertise in the financial services sector. His team includes Ayelet Leshem, who alongside the full range of white-collar offences, also covers real estate-related matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm, and specifically Alon Ron, is extremely experienced and highly regarded by investigation and prosecution authorities as well as courts. Alon has advised on numerous investigations, and appeared on trial in numerous cases. He is smart, knowledgeable and sharp. He has a quick grasp of the matter and an ability to develop the right strategy.’
‘The attorneys, and in particular Alon, demonstrate extensive knowledge in the specific field in question, and legal professionalism combined with an action strategy that gives the client the confidence that he has a winning representation.’
Mr. Shaul Elovitch
Mr. Avihu Aibchitts
Mr. Azaria Levi
Mr. Amos Anatot
Mr. Zvulun Leviev
Mr. Yonatan Turgeman
Ms. Rinat Hayoun
Ms. Ronit Biran
Mr. Erez Miara
Ms. Josie Zinger
Mr. Gabi Yosipov
- Represented Avihu Aibchits in a claim, criminal proceedings, and class action, valued at $11.2m.
- Representing Amos Anatot in alleged bribery of foreign officials, securities reporting violations, and two PWC officials in their role as gatekeepers.
- Representing Shaul Elovitch in criminal proceedings alleging illicit benefits, fraud, breach of loyalty, and misrepresentations.
Herzog Fox & Neeman
The team at Herzog Fox & Neeman represents clients in matters pertaining to securities, taxation, breach of duty, competition law, and money laundering and supports them with a dedicated anti-corruption/bribery team. The lead duo consists of Joseph (Yossi) Ashkenazi, an expert in white-collar prosecutions and disciplinary proceedings, and Daniel Reisner, a practitioner with experience from the UK, the US, and the Netherlands with a focus on cross-border cases alleging violations of international and trade law as well as bribery and corruption. The team also includes associate Orr Diskin, who specialises in multi-jurisdictional class actions, and associate Shiran Stein who handles criminal investigations in international bribery and corruption cases.
Other key lawyers:
Orr Diskin; Shiran Stein
- Represented the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, in the legal proceeding regarding certain allegations in the cases known as 1000, 2000 and 4000 in which the Prime Minister has been investigated for bribery and breach of trust.
Krispin Rubinstein Blecher Law Offices
The team at Krispin, Rubinstein, Blecher Kadouch & co. focuses on securities, competition law, taxation and money laundering offences. Defence and national security matters involving governmental authorities and military hearings are other areas of strength. Practice head Roy Blecher is an expert in handling classified security issues and additionally proficient in class actions. His team has seen significant growth this year, with the promotion of Elior Korem to partner and the arrival of a number of new associates.
Other key lawyers:
Ayelet Youngster and Gesher Tours
Mr. Ari Harow
Mr. Ronen Moshe
Mr. Eran Grinfald
Mr. Yoram Alon
Mr. Asher Neeman
Mr. Hilik Kaliger
Mr. Yochai Ashraf
Mr. Shmuel Tomashin
Mr. Salman Amar
- Acting for Ari Harow in a high-profile corruption case.
- Acted for Ronen Moshe in proceedings involving charges of bribing senior government officials to promote and preserve his economic interests.
- Advising Shmuel Tomashin on his arrest and investigations into alleged bribery of officials in several municipalities.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co.
In addition to handling security fraud matters, Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. focuses on offences relating to tax and money laundering, particularly the forfeiture of property under the Prohibition on Money Laundering Law and the Criminal Procedure Ordinance. Practice Head Ori Spiegel is a specialist in these areas in addition to assisting with bribery, forgery, threat, and extortion offences. Before entering private practice, Spiegel served as head of the Special Tax Cases Department at the Israel Tax Authority.
Nissim Lasri – Drug Case Online
Super Yuda Supermarket chain
Shelly & Sons
Tel Aviv Municipality Water Company – Mei Avivim
- Representing Aviram Almog, the owner of several cleaning and pest control companies, in proceedings related to alleged tax offences with a value of NIS27m.
- Representing Liam Israel in a major indictment filed in the Tel Aviv District Court regarding allegations of bribery, securities fraud, tax and capital laundering, with transactions amounting to several NIS10m.
- Representing Y.D. Cohen Bros, an Israel-based contracting company in criminal proceedings regarding alleged malpractice and work safety offences.