Firms in the Spotlight Real estate and construction
Mahendra Bhavsar & Co
Mahendra Bhavsar & Co. is a leading Gujarat focused law firm, established since 1982. The Firm acts as a One Stop solution for legal requirements in Gujarat and has a long standing expertise in dealing with Real Estate, Foreign Investments, Corporate, Commercial, IP, IT, Litigation and Arbitration from both domestic and international perspectives.View Profile...
Real estate and construction in India
The department at AZB & Partners is well equipped to advise on all phases and aspects of real estate developments, comprising financing, investments, dispositions as well as debt restructuring. One of its key capabilities includes assisting private equity (PE) funds and sovereign investors on their joint ventures with domestic developers for the construction and development of real estate projects, for which co-head Sai Krishna Bharathan is a name to note. Fellow co-leader Nohid Nooreyezdan is noted for her extensive expertise in premium commercial projects, while Hardeep Sachdeva has significant experience of M&A and PE transactions within the real estate sector.
Virtuous Retail South Asia Pte. Ltd
Ascendas Property Fund Trustee Pte. Ltd
Altico Capital India Limited
Varde Partners inc.
Interglobe Real Estate Ventures
Hecate Warehousing Private Limited
Asthetic Township Developers Private Limited
- Advised Reco on the largest single commercial property transaction that has taken place in India.
- Advised DLF CCD on its acquisition of five commercial property assets (both completed and under development), from DLF and its subsidiaries, including one of India’s largest malls, the Mall of India.
- Advised Keppel, an arm of the Singapore based conglomerate, Keppel Corporation, on India’s first ever collaboration between Singaporean and Indian developers (Rustomjee) for a township in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region
Besides having the ability to handle large agricultural and urban land title due diligence across India, the practice at Khaitan & Co LLP is also proficient in IT Park related laws, industrial developments and government lands allocated for private use. Regular instructions include joint venture transactions, acquisition of large parcels of land, leasing of commercial property and redevelopment matters. Private equity investments involving commercial, residential, industrial, retail and hospitality assets are other core areas of expertise for the department. Harsh Parikh has a wealth of experience advising on joint development agreements and slum rehabilitation issues. Avnish Sharma excels in foreign investment in the real estate sector, while title due diligence is an area of specialist interest for Devendra Deshmukh.
‘Experienced, intelligent and pleasant to deal with. The team is quick to adapt (even in these testing times) and always available.’
Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG
Usha Martin Limited
Suraj Estate Developers Private Limited
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited
Aion India Investment Advisors Private Limited
SHL India Private Limited
Waterbright Pte. Ltd
Max Estates Limited (a Max group company)
The Blackstone Group
Congelados de Navarra S.A.U
IIFL Wealth & Asset Management Limited (“IIFL Wealth”)
Adventz Securities Enterprises Limited
ASK Property Investment Advisors
Northern Propmart Solutions Limited (a Max group company)
Mr JC Chaudhry, Promoter (Aakash Institute)
Construction Industry Development Board, Malaysia
Eknath Buildco Private Limited, (a Shree Naman Developers group company)
Royal Bank of Scotland
India Educational And Research Institutions Private Limited (KK Birla Group)
Actis TREIT Holdings (Sing
- Assisted Rolls-Royce Power Systems with diligence and acquisition of over 4 Acres (66,400 square meters) of land in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Advised Vrihis Properties Private Limited, a portfolio company of Brookfield Asset Management, in relation to the acquisition of 2 floors of a building known as Jet Airways Godrej BKC.
- Advised Blackstone on its acquisition of a majority stake in the warehousing and logistics business of Allcargo Logistics Limited.
Fielding a real estate team based across New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co offers pan-India support covering foreign direct investments, land use, joint ventures, as well as restructuring and development matters. Furthermore, the department is well versed in environmental law and contentious matters, standing out for its extensive experience in high value real estate financing, private equity (PE) transactions and commercial leasing. Mrinal Kumar has been actively advising on corporate and commercial issues pertaining to real estate transactions. Real estate, construction and engineering mandates feature heavily on Ashoo Gupta’s workload; she is also an individual to note for high-value PE investments in the real estate space.
- Advised Brookfield on the acquisition of Hotel Leelaventures Limited (HLVL) for an aggregate consideration of $600m.
- Acted for Partners Group AG in relation to its maiden direct real estate investment in India through a majority acquisition of two Indian companies from Xander Group Inc., which are engaged in the construction and development of warehouses on SEZ (“special economic zone”) Land.
- Assisted Blackstone on its exit from 15 group companies forming part of the K Raheja group.
With a strong presence in Mumbai and Bengaluru, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas’s team, which is split across other offices in New Delhi, Chennai and Hyderabad, is particularly sought after for its corporate capabilities in the context of real estate transactions. Practitioners are often engaged by international funds in relation to financing and investments in the sector, but also showcase strength in property development and tittle investigation mandates. Namrata Kolar combines experience in dispute resolution, and commercial and residential projects development. Special townships, agricultural land, IT parks, and special economic zones are all key areas of expertise for Abhishek Sharma. Mridul Kumbalath leads advice to a range of clients, including developers, real estate financiers and funds.
Other key lawyers:
Argan Properties Private Limited (Purvankara Group)
Blackstone Advisors India Private Limited
Salarpuria Sattva Group
Sattva Developers Private Limited
My Homes Group
CoWrks India Private Limited
PropertyShare Online Platform Private Limited
P. Morgan Services India Private Limited
Rolex Watch Company Private Limited
Antara Senior Living Limited
Ascendas Firstspace Development Management Private Limited
L&T Financial Services Limited
Gillette India Limited
Mountainia Developers and Hospitality Private Limited (OYO Group)
Asia Pragati Capfin Private Limited
Tata Realty Limited
Strata Property Management Private Limited
Larsen & Toubro Limited
- Acted for realty firm Sobha Limited which entered into a joint development arrangement with Mrs. Sreelatha Bhupal and Mr. Keshav Bhupal for the development of lands measuring 16190.58 square metres (about four acres) at Somajiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Advised CoWrks India Private Limited in relation to long term lease hold rights of office premises in RMZ Millennia Business Park, which is a standalone office building located in the prominent South Business District of Chennai.
- Acted as legal counsel to J. P. Morgan Services India Private Limited in relation to the licensing of approximately 1.15 million square feet of premises at Nirlon Knowledge Park, Goregaon, Mumbai, which is owned by Nirlon Limited.
Advising on the full gamut of property laws, DSK Legal acts for marquee developers and funds in relation to the leasing, development and acquisition of real estate projects. Transactions involving foreign investment in real estate through private equity players is another core area of activity for the practice, which also offers representation to clients before regulatory authorities. Deputy managing partner Sajit Suvarna, whose areas of expertise include industrial and township developments, special economic zones and logistics parks, is a key point of contact in the real estate team. Other core individuals include Sagar Kadam, who leads advice to funds and non-banking financial companies financially invested in the real estate market in India, and Saloni Mody, who is also noteworthy for real estate finance.
Other key lawyers:
‘The land rules are pretty complex in all the states of the country. In particularly and in this sector, there are very few lawyers who have in-depth knowledge of the land laws and simultaneously are experts in corporate law. With respect to DSK legal, I found Sajit Suvarna and Sagar Kadam who possess this dual expertise.’
Prestige Hospitality Ventures Limited
HDFC Capital Affordable Real Estate Fund-1
SPREF II PTE.LTD.
Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Private Limited
Prestige Estates Projects Limited
Prestige Falcon Realty Ventures Private Limited
Godrej Properties Limited
Pinetree Realtors Private Limited (an SPV of ICICI Pru AMC)
ATS Savvy Infrastructure LLP (a joint venture of ATS Greens and the Savvy Group)
- Advised Prestige Hospitality Ventures Limited, a part of the Prestige Group, Bengaluru, India, with respect to its acquisition of 50% equity stake in Bamboo Hotel and Global Centre (Delhi) Private Limited.
- Assisted SPREF II Pte. Ltd. in acquiring 100% of the equity shareholding and other securities of TSI Business Parks (Hyderabad) Private Limited, which was jointly held by Reco Rock Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund and TS Hyderabad 12A.
- Conducted title investigation in respect of property popularly known as “RK Studios” at Chembur, Mumbai 400071 and rendered advisory from time to time with respect to acquisition of the Property by Godrej Projects Development Limited.
Offering pan-India coverage, Hariani & Co., Advocates and Solicitors is a go-to destination for a number of housing finance companies, developers, property purchasers and sellers. The team, which is skilled at advising on leave and license agreements for commercial premises, lease trasactions, as well as acquisition of residential and commercial property, is regularly retained to assist with diligence and issuing of title reports. Managing partner Ameet Hariani, whose experience in the real estate sector spans more than three decades, leads the practice.
- Assisted HDFC Ltd. with conducting property due diligence with respect to a redevelopment project.
- Assisted ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company Ltd, an asset management company, and ICICI Prudential Real Estate AIF in a funding arrangement involving property due diligence.
- Advising M/s Ajanta Enterprise in relation to the sale of a portion of land situated in Pune.
J Sagar Associates
Real estate funds, banks, developers and investors regularly seek J Sagar Associates’s legal support in relation to financing, tax, development and regulatory issues arising out of real estate projects. The practice, which is based across New Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Mumbai, excels in development agreements, joint ventures, conveyancing, and leave & license agreements. Furthermore, the department has a strong transactional track record in the sector, evidenced by its regular involvement in the purchasing and selling of development sites, as well as commercial, residential and industrial property. Vivek Chandy, who is routinely involved in leasing and sale transactions, leads the team. Malini Raju focuses on due diligence and real estate finance.
Other key lawyers:
Virtuous Retail Group
Indiabulls Real Estate Limited (IBREL)
Krishak Bharati Cooperative Limited
Prestige Estates Projects Limited
Aditya Birla Real Estate Fund
Godrej Fund Management
GBTC I (Master) Pte. Ltd
APG Strategic Real Estate Pool N.V. (“APG”)
- Advised Virtuous Retail South Asia Pte Ltd, which through its Indian subsidiaries, Elpis Ventures Private Limited and KLEIO Developers Private Limited (Companies) acquired approximately 20 acres of land in Thane, Maharashtra from J.K. Investo Trade (India) Limited, part of the Raymond Group.
- Assisted Divyasree Developers (“Divyasree”) in connection with setting up of India Office Assets Fund I, a Category II Alternative Investment Fund registered with SEBI (“Fund”) for the purpose of developing new projects as well as acquiring under-construction and completed assets across key commercial office markets in India.
- Advised Indiabulls Real Estate Limited (IBREL) and its subsidiaries which have entered into definitive agreements with entities controlled by the Blackstone Group Inc. (Blackstone), a globally renowned real estate private equity investor, to divest IBREL’s entire stake in Mariana Infrastructure Limited (which owns commercial project in Gurugram) and the commercial assets/development in Mumbai.
Kochhar & Co. offers real estate and construction law services on a pan-India basis, acting for a predominantly multinational client roster. In addition to assisting with foreign investment, the team is skilled at advising on the purchase and lease of land for the development of industrial parks, power projects and townships. Particular areas of growth for the department include handling real estate matters involving co-working spaces and data centres; the team is also experienced in private equity investments and exit mechanisms concerning real estate projects. Alok Tewari is the key point of contact in the team. Preetam D’Souza is recognised for his wealth of experience in real estate transactions and construction agreements, which are also areas of activity for Simrat Grover.
‘Alok Tewari and Simrat Grover are a great team to work with. Alok Tewari is very professional, prompt and accessible. He is extremely adept in promptly pinning down key risks that a real estate transaction may pose. He is equally adept in finding quick solutions to mitigate the risks of the client. His focus stays on taking the transaction through by providing practical solutions to complex issues. Simrat Grover is a very intelligent and efficient lawyer. She turns around documentation swiftly and diligently.’
‘The team at Kochhar & Co. are practical in their advice which is feasible in implementation. Alok Tewari and Simrat Grover are prompt in their response. Their legal advice is comprehensive and business practical. They act as business partners to our Company and not merely legal advisors.’
‘Kochhar as a firm contains in-depth knowledge of local laws and regulations faced by multinational companies when doing business in India. Its presence in all of the major local markets and ability to advise on the nuances of each has been a large benefit to our company. In addition, the attorneys at Kochhar are well versed in the needs of large global technology companies, and have been able to assist with several matters in various areas of the law. My company’s experience with Kochhar has been characterized by a high degree of responsiveness, personable interactions with all attorneys and a willingness to go the extra mile to meet our needs. Kochhar & Co has earned a reputation of handling our matters professionally and efficiently, in such a manner that it puts our minds at ease. That is the hallmark of a great outside counsel law firm.’
‘Alok Tewari displays a zealous commitment to his clients that is second to none. He responds to queries quickly and with all relevant information, and pulls in other attorneys as needed to solve problems on our behalf. Alok has become our trusted advisor for these matters in India. Simrat Grover (principal associate) has also done fantastic work on our behalf in the real estate and construction sector.’
‘The quality of advice provided by Kochhar & Co. is solution and business oriented and this is the key difference for any Client. It has been excellent experience, while working with Alok Tewari and Simrat Grover on numerous Real Estate Transactions. We really appreciate the way they provide business oriented solutions to any legal issues we may have.’
‘Alok Tiwari has been advising us on Real Estate issues for more than a decade. He and his team are extremely knowledgeable and their TAT is phenomenal.’
‘We are really impressed by the way Kochhar team keeps eye on the emerging trends and new regulations coming into effect irrespective of the domains. They promptly alert us by notifying such updates and actionable required from us. We always rely on Kochhar to complete things on time even if there is delay at our end and we approach them at the last minute.’
Monin India Pvt Ltd.
Decathlon Sports India Pvt. Ltd
Founding Years Learning Solutions Private Limited
Samsung R&D Institute India
Emercorp Capital Advisors Private Limited
Opera Solutions, LLC
F5 Networks Innovation Private Limited
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Private Limited
Future Retail Limited
Optum Global Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Resideo International India Private Limited
Synopsys India Private Limited
Experion Developers Private Limited
- Advised Monin India Private Limited on the acquisition of non-agricultural land for setting up of a factory at Sangareddy, State of Telangana.
- Provided comprehensive advice to ANTHEM INC, an American health insurance company, with respect to establishment of its offices in Special Economic Zones in Bangalore and Hyderabad.
- Assisted Decathlon in conducting due diligence of large retail spaces collectively admeasuring approximately 2,50,000 sq. ft.
L&L Partners Law Offices renders services to international and Indian developers, private equity funds and investors, which seek assistance in relation to financing issues, acquisition of property, leasing agreements and construction of real estate projects. Drawing in resources from firm-wide practices in the areas of corporate and tax law, the firm is a one-stop shop for construction and real estate mandates. Sachit Mathur has recently advised on land aggregation for renewable energy projects, and assisted with the development of warehousing parks in India. Mathur’s areas of activity also include commercial and residential plotted developments, as well as M&A and PE transactions within the real estate sector. Vaibhav Suri is knowledgeable of multi-state legislation and regulatory issues pertaining to leasing, ownership and usage of property.
Godrej Properties Limited
Birla Estates Private Limited
Godrej Fund Management
Arcelor Mittal India
Mahindra Lifespaces Developers Private Limited
Emaar MGF Land Limited
Embassy Industrial Parks Private Limited
One Industrial Spaces Private Limited
ATS Infrastructure Limited
Tribeca Creators LLP
Steel Authority of India Limited
TATA Housing Development Co. Ltd
Government of the United States of America
Acme Cleantech Solutions Private Limited
Ascendas Firstspace Development Management Private Limited
Experion Developers Private Limited
Eldeco Infrastructure & Properties Ltd
Ashiana Housing Private Limited
ASK Investment Property Advisors Private Limited
YES Bank Limited
Motilal Oswal Investments
SBI Cap ventures – SWAMI Investment Fund
WELSPUN ONE Logistics Parks
- Advised Arcelor Mittal S. A. in their real estate analysis of acquisition of steel plants and associated properties of Essar located across India (in Gujarat, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Chattisgarh).
- Advised Azure Power on acquisition of 15,000 acres in the State of Rajasthan for setting up of their solar power plants.
- Advised Birla Estates in its joint venture with Anantraj group for development of plotted colony on 73 acres in Gurugram.
Law Point brings together teams of lawyers and tax advisors with thorough understanding of the real estate industry. The firm has significant experience advising on joint development agreements, conveyancing and leasing, and is also well versed in representing real estate developers and builders in litigation. With strong regulatory capabilities, the practice is also active in assisting clients with project development under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016. Joyita Sabharwal often advises real estate funds and non-banking financial companies on complex transactions. She oversees the department with Samir Sanghavi and Dharmesh Shah .
‘Samir Sanghavi understands legal, commercial, financial and tax law.’
Radius Developers Pvt. Ltd.
The Wadhwa Group
Shree Naman Developers Ltd.
HDFC Capital Advisors
Mr. Ajoy Kapoor
Rashtriya Metal Industries Ltd.
National Happy Home Group
Trust Capital Services (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Vijaygroup Housing Pvt. Ltd.
Bell Weather Capital Pvt. Ltd.
Enam Asset Management Company Pvt. Ltd.
Tulsiani Sumer Group of Builders
Sumer Group of Builders
Rajhans Infracon (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Ariisto Group of Builders
Suraksha Group of Companies
- Acted for National Happy Home which is undertaking a composite re-development scheme of two contiguous piece and parcels of land of Sewri Wadala Estate which are leased to two different lessees one being Individuals and the other being a Co-operative Housing Society under the amalgamation policy of the MCGM.
- Advised Radius Group on the sale of a pre-leased commercial building situated at the prime location of Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai to a non-resident global real estate fund viz. Blackstone Group.
- Assisted Xrbia Group with the transfer of its rights and entitlements in the free sale component in an under construction slum scheme in Chembur to L&T Group.
Trilegal, which is traditionally noted for acting for funds investing in the real estate sector in India, has now bolstered its service offering tailored to international developers. Benefiting from a network of local-level support teams across main states in India, the firm not only assists with conventional real estate aspects, but also provides advice in relation to foreign and domestic equity investments, securitisation of assets, debt restructuring and litigation. Kunaal Shah is routinely instructed in acquisitions and financing deals involving the real estate sector. Rahul Arora excels at handling transactions involving commercial, residential and agricultural assets. Real estate investments and title verification are key areas of activity for Samira Lalani.
Embassy Office Parks REIT
WeWork India Management Private Limited
Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
Taisei Corporation (Japan)
Axon Partners Group
THINK Gas Group
Novolipetsk Steel Company Limited (NLMK) (Russia)
Engie (India) Group
India Resurgence Fund (India RF)
Tata Communications Limited
ICICI Bank Limited
ReNew Power Private Limited (formerly known as Ostro Energy Private Limited)
RD Buildtech and Developers (Karnataka) Private Limited
Piramal Capital and Housing Finance Limited
McWane India Private Limited
Marriott International, Inc.
- Acting as legal head of Embassy Office Parks REIT (India’s first REIT).
- Advised WeWork on critical compliance requirements relevant for commercial co-working spaces, arising out of key central and state-level legislation pertaining to construction, development, maintenance, and occupation of business buildings in India.
- Assisted IndiaRF, a fund promoted by Piramal Enterprises Limited and Bain Capital Credit, in conducting real estate verification in relation to the transfer of certain vital properties across different locations in northern parts of India.
ALMT Legal has strength in assisting with the structuring of real estate development projects and investments in the sector, advising on tax efficient models and compliance issues. Sale deeds, joint venture agreements, construction contracts as well as title investigations feature among the team’s regular workload. Co-leader Sameer Tapia focuses on real estate transactions, including the sale and acquisition of land, as well as commercial and residential property.
BRUS CHAMBERS, Advocates & Solicitors
BRUS CHAMBERS, Advocates & Solicitors is sought after by a wide array of investors, buyers and developers, seeking advice on real estate development projects and strategic transactions. The team is regularly engaged to assist with due diligence, titles searches and conveyance, but is also adept at handling the purchase and sale of immovable property and sector-related contentious matters. Uttam Hathi has extensive experience in real estate and construction law mandates.
Other key lawyers:
The real estate team at Dhir & Dhir Associates demonstrates particular strength in debt restructuring matters and financing issues. Its notable areas of practice further include handling large-scale real estate transactions and foreign direct investment, having advised on a wide range of projects across India involving commercial and residential property, townships and special economic zones. Alok Dhir jointly leads the department with financing expert Girish Rawat. Other key individuals include Guranpreet Singh Sarna, who is skilled at assisting with engineering and construction contracts.
Other key lawyers:
IIFL Home Finance Limited/ B.D. Infradevelopers Private Limited
Trident Infrahomes Private Limited and Romano Infrastructure Private Limited
Decathlon Sports India Private Limited
IIFL Home Finance Limited/MRG Infrabuild Private Limited
IIFL Home Finance Limited/Brick Town Developers Private Limited
IIFL Home Finance Limited/Pyramid Home Developers LLP
IIFL Home Finance Limited/Shivshakti Real Home Private Limited
Alchemist Asset Reconstruction Company Limited
- Acted as legal advisor to IIFL Home Finance Limited in the acquisition of land parcels situated at Revenue Estate of Village Badha, Tehsil Manesar and District Gurugram, Haryana.
- Advised Trident Infrahomes Private Limited on the drafting and submission of resolution plan for the Corporate Debtor i.e. IREO Fiverriver Private Limited under the provisions of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Assisted Decathlon Sports India Private Limited in acquiring leasehold rights on 10 units situated at the lower ground floor of commercial complex known as Star Mall situated in the revenue estate of Village Silokhara, Sub-Tehsil Wazirabad, District Gurugram, Haryana.
Dua Associates is adept at advising and structuring property development agreements. The team is typically engaged in the setting up of IT and industrial parks and integrated township projects. The team’s transactional capabilities are equally strong; lawyers regularly assist with the leasing and acquisition of immovable property, and foreign direct investments. Department leaders B. R. Srinivas is a name to note for the latter, while Brijita Prakash is often retained by landowners in relation to commercial leasing mandates.
Prestige Estates Projects Limited
Aditya Birla Solar Limited
Godrej Housing & Properties
Kalyani Developers Private Limited
Assetz Infrastructure Private Limited
MAIA Estates LLP
Total Environment Habitat Private Limited
M/s. Goyal Hariyana Constructions
M/s. ADRA Constructions LLP
- Assisted Aditya Birla Renewables Limited in setting up of their renewable solar power plants in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Odisha.
- Assisted Aequs Infrastructures Private Limited in conducting due diligence and in the acquisition of approximately 300 acres of land located in Koppal district, Karnataka.
Fox Mandal offers a blend of advisory, compliance and litigation services covering residential, industrial, commercial and mixed-use developments. The team, which acts for Indian and multinational clients, witnessed a recent increase in mandates pertaining to sectors such as logistics, warehousing, data centres and renewable energy. Overseeing the Hyderabad office, Purnima Kamble advises on the full-range of commercial real estate matters, including financing, leasing and project development. The Chennai team is led by Jayaprakash Padmanaban, who focuses on real estate and infrastructure, while Prashantha Kumar S T heads up the real estate offering in Bengaluru, Mumbai and Pune.
‘The team is detail oriented, transparent and very knowledgeable. They give practical solutions to Real Estate Due Diligence. Fox Mandal has continuously upgraded and maintained their talent pool to meet the emerging requirements of the business environment.
‘The team is very competent and updated on the law. The individuals demonstrate excellent legal acumen and a sense of balance in closing deals. They are accessible and take ownership of the assignment rather than push it over to junior lawyers.’
‘The partner, Purnima Kamble, is not only a subject-matter expert but is also extremely responsive. She also helps in providing out-of-the-box solutions to sticky issues and is definitely an asset at the negotiating table.’
Piramal Financial Services
Tata Realty India Ltd
Ascendas IT Park (Pune) Pvt. Ltd
Avenue Supermart (DMart)
Axis Finance Limited
Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Birla Estates Pvt Ltd
Wells Fargo EGS (India) Pvt Ltd
CSG Systems International (India) Pvt Ltd
Thuraipakkam Developers Pvt Ltd
Adeona Developers (House of Hiranandani)
Decathlon Sports India Pvt Ltd
Dover India Pvt Ltd
Edelweiss Financial Services
GM Infinite Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
Godrej Properties Ltd.
Honda Cars India Ltd
ICICI Ventures Fund Management Co Ltd
AQR Capital India Services LLP
IIFL Home Finance
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA)
JK Petro Energy Pvt Ltd
KMR Estates & Builders
Aditya Homes Pvt Ltd
Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Realty Fund
L&T Financial Services Ltd
LIC Housing Finance Ltd
Lowes Services India Pvt Ltd
Neustar Data Info
- Acted for Brila Estates in acquisition of their first real estate project “Birla Alokya” admeasuring 33715.82 Sq. Mts. in Bangalore.
- Assits AvenueSupermart(DMart) with property title due diligence in relation to the acquisition of the immovable property for the setting up of its retail business shopping malls in various locations in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Advised Olympia Cyberspace on the acquisition of the land from Exide Industries Limited, in relation to the proposed development a 1.1-million sq ft Greenfield IT park.
Kanga & Company Advocates and Solicitors
Based across its offices in Begaluru, Hyderabad, Gurugram and New Delhi, the team at Singhania & Partners LLP has a proven track-record in real estate transactions. The service offering ranges from legal support in relation to financing matters, development agreements, and leasing to representation in project development disputes and class-action lawsuits arising out of land acquisitions. The team has recently gained significant clients in the retail, hospitality, energy and construction sectors. Ravi Singhania is a noteworthy practitioner, whose areas of expertise include finance, M&A and dispute resolution.
S&P Global Inc.
Nikhara Bharat Construction Co. Ltd. (NBCCL)
Ramky Infrastructure Ltd.
Laboratory Corporation of America
PNC Delhi Industrial Infra Private Limited
Leisure Hotels Pvt. Ltd.
Abhyudaya Housing & Construction Pvt. Ltd.
MMS Maritime (Japan)
RCI India Private Limited
Lister Moessner (India) Private Limited
National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL)
Avi-Oil India Private Limited
Kelly Services India Private Limited
Roland Berger Private Limited
- Defended Nikhara Bharat Construction Co. Ltd. (NBCCL) before SEBI proving that the project is for Real Estate Development not Collective Investment Scheme.
- Acted as legal counsel to subsidiary companies of S&P Global Inc., USA for leasing of a 300,000 sq. ft. of office space at Ahmedabad for a built-to-suit global technology development centre.
- Advised SM Group on a joint development agreement for construction of real estate project in North-East and on legal issues relating to its housing project in Guwahati.
Tatva Legal’s real estate group acts for a diverse client base, which is composed of both domestic and international lenders and investors. The team handles transactions related to the financing of real estate projects, as well as the acquisition and leasing of commercial and residential property. Typical mandates also include townships development and special economic zones, which are key areas of focus for N. K. Dilip, based in Bengaluru. With in-depth knowledge of real estate matters and dispute resolution, Shailendra Komatreddy is a name to note in Hyderabad. In the same office, Ashish Anshu specialises in title verification.
‘We have been associated with Tatva Legal Hyderbad & Bangalore Teams for the last 10 years. The team possesses in-depth subject matter knowledge and has the ability to give practical solutions during deadlock situations on transactions related to real estate.’
‘Shailendra Komatreddy, Ashish Anshu, N.K. DILIP and S.Raghu Nandana are recommended.’
‘The individuals demonstrate good legal acumen and are accessible.’
Coffee Day Enterprises Limited
TSI Business Parks (Hyderabad) Private Limited; and TS Hyderabad 12A
Woodcraft India Pvt. Ltd.
Ashoka Builders India Pvt. Ltd.
Cybercity Builders and Developers Pvt. Ltd.
Pact Closure Systems (India) Private Limited
- Acted for Coffee Day Enterprises Limited in the sale of its IT park in the outskirts of Bengaluru to Blackstone.
- Advised TSI Business Parks (Hyderabad) Private Limited on the sale of 100% shareholding of the company, by its shareholders namely Reco Rock Private Limited and TS Hyderabad 12A.
- Assisted Sattva Group in the granting of a term loan of up to $46m to Eden Buildcon Ltd. for the financing of a commercial project in Hyderabad.
Showcasing extensive experience in the construction sector, Advaita Legal brings together regulatory and legal experts to advise private and public sector clients on a variety of real estate matters. Shailendra Singh, who routinely advises on construction contracts and lease of industrial land, heads up the group. Mandates pertaining to due diligence on land parcels, development agreements, joint ventures and conveyance deeds are key areas of strength for the department.
Ranchi Smart City Corporation Limited
Nashik Municipal Corporation
Gwalior Smart City Development Corporation Limited
Infrastructure Development Authority, Bihar
Indian Port Rail Corporation Limited
National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
- Assisting Ranchi Smart City Corporation Limited in implementing the integrated infrastructure development smart city project.
- Advising Nashik Municipal Corporation and its smart city SPV on the implementation of smart city proposals.
- Providing advice to Gwalior Smart City Development Corporation Limited as its ‘Procurement Expert’ in preparation of bid documents for selection of implementation agency for each package.
Dhaval Vussonji & Partners
Apart from supporting clients on core real estate requirements such as title search and due diligence, Dhaval Vussonji & Partners is also skilled at assisting with real estate transaction structuring, succession planning, and RERA projects. The team provides an umbrella service offering which further includes advice on real estate financing and disputes arising out of construction and other commercial agreements. Founding partner Dhaval Vussonji, who has in-depth knowledge of foreign direct equity investments, spearheads the department.
Shapoorji Pallonji Group
JM Financial Fund
Kotak Mahindra Group
- Advised Virtuous Retail Services Private Limited (Xander Group) on the acquisition of approx. 20 Acres of Prime Land at Thane, near Viviana Mall from J.K. Investo Trade (India) Limited (Raymond Group).
- Acted for Shapoorji Pallonji Real Estate in relation to the development Management Agreement between Neptune Ventures and Developers Private Limited and Shapoorji Pallonji Development Managers Private Limited (a Shapoorji Pallonji group company).
- Assisted Jade Agri Land Pvt. Ltd. (an Adani Realty entity) with the acquisition of land admeasuring 37 acres situated in Village Chandansar, Taluka Vasai and District Palghar.
Economic Laws Practice
Economic Laws Practice handles both contentious and non-contentious real estate matters, with a particular emphasis on land acquisitions, title searches, tax efficient investments and project development. Clients active in the residential, commercial, industrial and hospitality space routinely engage the team in relation to leasing and financing of redevelopments, integrated townships and logistics parks, among other types of real estate projects. Practice head Babu Sivaprakasam is a seasoned practitioner in real estate finance. Aditya Khadria is another key point of contact for lenders and real estate developers.
Other key lawyers:
Litolier Properties Holdings Private Limited and Dipika Silk Mills Private Limited
IndusInd Bank Limited
M/s. Relcon Infraprojects Limited (Developer)
- Assisted Litolier Properties Holdings Private Limited and Dipika Silk Mills Private Limited in a matter involving the Leave and License of 12 floors in a commercial building in Andheri to Oyo Workspaces India Private Limited for the purpose of operating a co-working business model.
- Acted for IndusInd Bank Limited in the due diligence of two campuses in a parcel of land around 15.19 Acres, Chennai owned by M/s. RMZ Infotech Private Limited (RILP).
- Represented M/s. Relcon Infraprojects Limited (Developer) in an arbitration related to the redevelopment of the building of Shailesh Vihar CHS Ltd (Society).
Juris Corp provides comprehensive advice in the field of real estate and construction law. With considerable experience in the structuring of transactions, the practice is adept at advising on property acquisitions, investments and conveyance deeds. The team has strong regulatory capabilities, particularly in relation to matters with RERA (Real Estate Regulations Act) implications. Avikshit Moral, who oversees the department, has a thorough understanding of joint ventures and redevelopment projects.
Mahanagar Gas Limited
Automotive Manufacturers Pvt. Ltd.
Capgemini Technology Services India Ltd.
Omkar Realtors and Developers Pvt. Ltd.
DMI Finance Private Limited
JM Financial Credit Solutions Ltd.
Standard Chartered Bank
- Advised Mahanagar Gas Limited in acquiring a strategic land parcel situated at Khalapur as part of the company’s expansion plans.
- Represented the Mumbai based developer Lotus Group in relation to a complaint filed against it by 2 allottees of its real estate project, before the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
- Advising Mahanagar Gas Limited on acquiring various strategic parcel of lands on lease/license/dealer owned dealer operated basis for setting up CNG stations in and around Mumbai.
Transactional matters and title verification are core aspects of the real estate practice at LexCounsel. The team is a go-to choice for educational institutions seeking support in relation to real estate matters. Other areas of focus include assisting with acquisition and leasing of land, commercial and residential property. Seema Jhingan is one of the legal advisors to note in the group.
Other key lawyers:
Majmudar & Partners’s real estate practice predominantly acts for developers, private equity funds, technology and pharmaceutical companies in a range of contentious and non-contentious matters. The team boasts expertise across property acquisition and conveyancing, as well as lease and license agreements. Practice head Neerav Merchant, whose experience in the sector spans more than 20 years, is a go-to counsel for real estate developers.
Other key lawyers:
‘Majmudar provides multiple strategies to approach a problem.’
EA Swiss Sarl
CompuCom Systems, Inc.
Suez Water Technologies and Solutions (India) Private Limited
- Assisted EA Swiss Sarl in connection with a complex lease transaction for office space of its Indian subsidiary in Telangana.
- Assisted CompuCom Systems Inc in connection with an extremely complex lease transaction for the office space of its Indian subsidiary in a special economic zone in Pune.
- Advised WWE on various complex queries in relation to exiting the existing joint work facility space.
Indian and international corporates, real estate funds and developers seek Phoenix Legal's support in an array of real estate matters. Mandates range from foreign direct investment to acquisition and lease of immovable property, construction and engineering contracts as well as project development. Siddharth Hariani is a key individual in the team, which often offers advice in relation to compliance and regulatory issues under RERA.
HDFC Capital Advisors Limited
Cooper Standard India Pvt. Ltd
- Acted on behalf of Cooper Standard India Pvt. Ltd. to lease space admeasuring 60,000 square feet in an industrial park located at Village Navlakhumbre and Badhalwadi, Taluka Maval, District Pune developed by Talegao Industrial Parks Private Limited (a part of Hiranandani group of companies) for manufacturing automotive parts.
- Acted on behalf of Cooper Standard India Pvt. Ltd. to lease an office space of 6192 sq.ft. in an IT building in Guindy, Chennai, India.
- Advised HDFC Capital Advisors Limited in relation to H-CARE 2’s investment into a real estate developer for construction and development of affordable housing projects in the National Capital Region.
SNG & PARTNERS
SNG & PARTNERS fields a team of lawyers who are proficient in regulatory issues within the real estate sector, and well placed to advise on foreign direct investment and development projects. The practice, which demonstrates particular strength in township developments, is adept at assisting private equity clients, lenders and banks with local laws across a multitude of Indian states. Financing matters and large-scale project development are some of Sadhawa Mishra’s key legal specialisms, while Munish Upadhyay specialises in real estate due diligence.
Axis Bank Limited
M/s. Rite Developers Pvt. Ltd.
Standard Chartered Bank
Blue Star Ltd.
ICICI Bank Limited
Indusind Bank Ltd.
RBL Bank Ltd.
- Advising M/s. Rite Developers Pvt. Ltd. in relation to the redevelopment of an existing dilapidated building.
- Advising Natraj CHSL on a redevelopment project under DCR 2034 Regulation 33 (11) situated at Ghatkopar.
- Conducted title due diligence on behalf of Standard Chartered Bank, and advised on a franchise agreement for a renowned chain of hotels.