As a mixed law and patent law firm, Bardehle Pagenberg is a particularly good choice for infringement proceedings, nullity proceedings and opposition proceedings. The well-tuned team is regularly involved in major infringement proceedings and offers many years of experience in nullity and opposition proceedings, both in Germany and at European level. Thanks to its experience in complex cross-border matters, the practice is particularly popular with large international corporations, but also attracts German medium-sized and smaller companies as well as start-ups. While focusing on the automotive, telecommunications, software and electronics sectors, its diverse case load covers a much broader technical spectrum, including medical technology and mechanical engineering. In Germany, the firm has offices in Munich and Düsseldorf while offices in Paris and Barcelona as well as its collaboration with Singaporean law firm Yusarn Audrey LLC also ensure its international presence. Johannes Heselberger, who is dually qualified as patent lawyer and attorney-at-law, is a key contact along practice heads Christof Karl (semiconductor technology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering), Johannes Lang (electrical engineering and electronics, telecommunications, IT), Tobias Kaufmann (electrical engineering and electronics, sports, automotive ), Joachim Mader and Georg Anetsberger.
Patent litigation: patent lawyers in Germany
Other key lawyers:
Johannes Heselberger; Axel Berger; Patrick Heckeler; Stefan Lieck; Patrick Daum; Martin Hohgardt; Christian Haupt
Cisco Systems Inc.
Endo Surgery Inc.
Henniges Automotive Sealing Systems
Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
10x Genomics Inc.
- Representation of Cisco as a defendant in patent litigation against Centripetal Networks before the District Court of Düsseldorf regarding four patents and one utility model in the field of computer technology, as well as representation in parallel nullity proceedings (or cancellation proceedings).
- Representing Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd as a plaintiff in a number of 4G and 5G infringement cases against Nokia and opposition cases against Nokia in 4G and 5G systems.
- Representing TomTom in a variety of nullity and opposition proceedings against Nokia and Sharp (caused by the previous Connected Cars litigation series).
IP boutique BRAUN-DULLAEUS PANNEN EMMERLING acts with a clear focus on contentious patent proceedings. The extremely experienced team is best known for its representation in strategic disputes pertaining to standard-essential patents in mobile communications and its active litigation practice in the connected cars sphere; patents in the power electronics area, particularly solar energy, represent another practice mainstay. The group also represents clients in nullity and opposition proceedings and is regularly called upon in infringement proceedings. In addition to numerous multi-jurisdictional disputes, the team further handles complex German proceedings, especially for German medium-sized companies which frequently instruct the practice with IP prosecution matters. Practice heads Friedrich Emmerling and Karl-Ulrich Braun-Dullaeus as well as Franck Klein (wired communication, electronics, mobile communications) are the key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
‘The law firm is setting new standards for Germany in the fields of physics, electrical engineering and electronics as well as mechanical patent litigation.’
‘Four partners and several collaborators work proactively to provide a complete service, ranging from providing non-infringement or infringement arguments, successfully fighting for or against the validity of patents, knowing about and finding necessary evidence, proposing workarounds and usually to winning cases or suggesting useful solutions.’
‘Fritz Emmerling is very successful in coordinating international litigation.’
‘Fritz Emmerling is great at analyzing cases, discovering strengths and weaknesses and finding solutions for the client. He knows what kind of external support is required. His cooperation with litigators, but also with teams in other countries or in joint defense groups is moderate and convincing. I have yet to see a comparable German patent lawyer in litigation.’
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Continental Automotive GmbH
Leonardo MW Ltd
Thales DIS France
- Representing Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd before the Federal Patent Court, the Federal Court of Justice and the European Patent Office, providing technical support in the parallel infringement proceedings and strategic advice.
- Representation of Deutsche Telekom before the Federal Patent Court, the Federal Court of Justice and the European Patent Office as well as technical support in the parallel infringement proceedings and strategic advice.
- Technical support for Philip Morris in German infringement proceedings in cooperation with lawyers at the district courts and higher regional courts.
Cohausz & Florack, a mixed law and patent law firm with offices in Düsseldorf and Munich, is one of the market's top addresses, particularly for proceedings pertaining to licensing programs for standardized technologies (SEP); here, Gottfried Schüll is the key contact. The team covers both supervision and coordination of infringement and nullity proceedings in SEP as well as in other technical areas, while its second particular strength lies in the life sciences and pharmaceuticals fields, where it applies in-depth expertise in opposition proceedings alongside its wealth of experience in nullity and infringement proceedings; Arwed Burrichter has made an excellent name for himself in this sector. Natalie Kirchhofer, whose expertise includes biochemistry, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, also enjoys a very good reputation. Other key figures include Christoph Walke, who specializes in communications engineering and audio and video processing, and Jochen Kapfenberger, who is primarily active in proceedings related to mechanical engineering and process engineering.
Other key lawyers:
‘Arwed Burrichter: Outstanding patent attorney, judicial strategies and excellent detailed knowledge, is excellent at understanding the client and his needs.‘
‘Excellent subject matter knowledge and litigation experience.’
Alison Hi-Tec Co. Ltd.
Ocado Innovation Limited (UK)
Vitasweet Co. Ltd.
Dörries Frank-Molnia & Pohlman
Dörries Frank-Molnia & Pohlman has a market-wide reputation for its strength in contentious proceedings. The team's clout regularly comes into play in strategically important cross-border litigation, both in nullity and in opposition proceedings as well as in an advisory capacity in the context of infringement proceedings. The versatile team covers a wide range of technology, which, in addition to the biochemistry, pharmacy, chemistry and food science industries also encompasses mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and physics; the areas of pharmaceuticals and mobile communications represent further particular focuses. Thanks to its many years of experience in coordinating international proceedings, the group is also one of the top addresses for multi-jurisdictional disputes. Hans Ulrich Dörries (molecular biology, biotechnology), David Molnia (telecommunications, medical technology), Sandra Pohlman (biotechnology, pharmacy), Philipp Nordmeyer (semiconductor technology, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering) and Elisabeth Greiner (pharmacy) jointly lead the team with Michael Eder (chemistry and molecular biology), Dominik Ho (physics, software, communications engineering), René Okoampah (mechanical engineering, mechanics) and Oliver Schulz (physics, electrical engineering, mechanics).
‘They understand highly complex topics and put together a competent team that can familiarize itself with topics in a very short time.’
‘The patent formulation is prepared as a draft and only corrected and released for the final discussion. This saves a lot of time and is very practical for our internal processes.’
‘Are good partners, also in strategic matters.’
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
Trumpf GmbH + Co. KG
Lonza Solutions AG
ZENTIVA Group, a.s.
Biogen MA Inc.
Mylan / Viatris
Imerys Graphite & Carbon Switzerland
- Advising and representing Interdigital in litigation in enforcing a patent portfolio against leading global electronics companies.
- Advising and representing Nokia in enforcing a patent portfolio against leading global electronics companies.
- Advising and representing IPBridge in the enforcement of a patent portfolio against leading global electronics companies.
Maikowski & Ninnemann strategic specialisation focuses to equal parts on prosecution and contentious proceedings. The patent law firm with offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Leipzig and Munich possesses in-depth experience in cross-border disputes and, thanks to its double specialization in prosecution and disputes, is a particularly good choice for clients that also seek assistance with their patents, utility models and employee inventions from a single source. The team is particularly visible in the high tech and electrical engineering/electrics areas but covers a broad technical spectrum nonetheless. Key contacts include Felix Gross (process engineering, software-based inventions), Fabian Sokolowski (medical technology, life sciences), Christoph Schröder (medical technology, electrotechnology, mobile communications, vehicle technology, mechanics) and Gunnar Baumgärtel (automotive technology, electronics, optics, software, telecommunications) as well as Ralf Emig (vehicle technology, engine technology, telecommunications, software), Andreas Tanner (electrical and semiconductor technology, standard-essential mobile phone technology), Frederick Kramer (vehicle and engine technology, IT, telecommunications, electrical engineering) and Matthias Hoffmann (pharmaceuticals, life sciences, process engineering, material sciences).
Other key lawyers:
ARRI (Arnold Richter)
Joyson Safety Systems
LG Electronics (LGE)
LR Health & Beauty
- Comprehensive advice to Broadcom, including nullity proceedings and litigation.
- Comprehensive advice to Fitbit, including annulment proceedings and litigation.
- Comprehensive advice to Biotronik, including new applications, opposition and nullity proceedings and litigation based on large patent portfolios, each with thousands of intellectual property rights.
Based on the combination of a very experienced prosecution and a now very renowned litigation practice, Eisenführ Speiser has established a strong reputation in contentious proceedings. The mixed law and patent law firm is nationally and internationally active and regularly handles complex parallel nullity and infringement proceedings. while appeal proceedings represent the third mainstay of its forensic practice. Technical focuses include mechanical engineering, medical technology and electronics. Katrin Winkelmann (mechanical engineering, medical technology, structural engineering), Lars Birken (mechanical engineering, medical technology) and Jochen Ehlers (electrical engineering, information technology) in Hamburg, Christoph Fehn (electrical engineering, information technology, medical technology) and Fabian Fegers (structural engineering, medical technology, mechanical engineering) in Munich as well Klaus Göken (civil engineering, electrical engineering, IT, mechanical engineering, medical technology) and Uwe Stilkenböhmer (chemistry, life sciences) in Bremen are among the team's key contacts. Christine Cirl (biotechnology) and Max von Vopelius, who is particularly active in advising start-ups, made partners in January 2022.
Other key lawyers:
Katrin Winkelmann; Lars Birken; Jochen Ehlers; Christoph Fehn; Fabian Fegers; Klaus Göken; Uwe Stilkenböhmer; Christine Cirl; Max von Vopelius
Access Advance LLC
Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Via Licensing Corp.
Sisvel International S.A.
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
HARTING Electric GmbH & Co. KG
Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
Poly-clip System GmbH & Co. KG
Hoya Surgical Optics GmbH
- Representation of Harting in referral proceedings before the ECJ (C-44/21) regarding the requirement for patent injunctions.
- Representation of HOYA Surgical Optics GmbH in the patent infringement dispute regarding intraocular lenses against patent owner Alcon Pharmaceuticals Ltd, coordination of parallel nullity proceedings in France, Belgium, Switzerland and Austria.
- Representing Joyson Safety Systems Inc. in infringement and nullity proceedings regarding automotive safety technology against Autoliv Development AB.
Grünecker is an established advisor for patent law in Germany, also in contentious proceedings. The IP boutique, with its headquarters in Munich and offices in Berlin and Cologne, houses a team comprised of patent lawyers and attorneys-at-law, enabling them to handle complex proceedings from a single source. The team’s size corresponds to its broad technical spectrum which includes mechanical engineering, IT, electronics and life sciences expertise. It acts in nullity, infringement and opposition proceedings both in a purely German context as well as in multi-jurisdictional disputes that regularly entail US or Asian aspects. Moritz Höffe (physics, software), Thomas Schuster (physics), Martin Dropmann (mechanical engineering, medical technology), Udo Weigelt (physics), Christian Meisinger (mechanical engineering) and Jens Koch (mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, civil engineering) are key contacts. Felix Kahr (mechanical engineering, mechatronics, among others), Thomas Kronberger (physics, software) and Alexander Stumvoll (mechanical engineering, product development and production technology) were promoted to equity partnership in January 2022, while Markus Grammel (life sciences, pharma) made associate partner.
Other key lawyers:
‘They develop a deep expertise in relation to contended patents, have a solid technical understanding of issues and the ability to explain them simply and clearly. Grünecker finds the right balance between a realistic risk assessment and the creativity and drive to solve all problems that may arise in a legal dispute.’
‘Grünecker can also draw on a large number of talented patent lawyers, which is essential in complicated cases involving multiple patents.’
‘Moritz Höffe and Thomas Kronberger have sound judgement, a deep understanding of technical facts and the ability to clearly communicate difficult concepts.’
Hytera Communications Corporation Limited
LONGi Solar Technologie GmbH
Rehau AG & Co
Vestel Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret A. S.
- Representing LONGi Group in patent infringement proceedings conducted in multiple jurisdictions including China, USA, Australia, Netherlands and Germany.
- Representing Vestel in a series of six disputes in the SEP area with parallel proceedings in the Netherlands and Great Britain.
- Representing Hytera in various wireless communications infringement litigation against Motorola, including parallel litigation in the United States.
As one of the largest prosecution practices in Germany, Hoffmann Eitle is a known figure especially in opposition proceedings, but also has relevant experience in complex infringement and nullity proceedings. The practice has gained a particularly good reputation in the chemistry and biotechnology fields, while its strengths also stand out with regards to mechanical and electrical engineering. Matthias Kindler, Peter Klusmann and Klemens Stratmann are responsible for the chemistry department, the biotechnology team is headed by Leo Polz and Joseph Taormino, Christopher Furlong leads the mechanics group and Georg Siegert oversees the electrical engineering department. Stephan Klaus (chemistry, medical technology, materials science, pharmacy) joined from Wuesthoff &Wuesthoff in October 2021.
Matthias Kindler; Peter Klusmann; Klemens Stratmann; Leo Polz; Joseph Taormino; Christopher Furlong; Georg Siegert
Other key lawyers:
James Ogle; Anne Schön; Volker Tillmann; Kei Enomoto; Thorsten Bausch; Martin Bachelin; Dominik Scheible; Thomas Becher; Stephan Klaus
- Representing Regeneron in several EPO opposition proceedings concerning the use of transgenic mice for the production of antibodies.
- Defending Allergan in opposition proceedings regarding dermal filler syringes.
Based on the firm's global footprint and mix of patent lawyers and attorneys-at-law, Jones Day is well equipped to handle cross-border disputes. In Germany, the firm is present in Munich where Olga Bezzubova heads the European patent lawyers team, as well as in Frankfurt with the physics team lead Dorothée Weber-Bruls and Andreas Holzwarth-Rochford (physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering). Christian Paul, who is dual-qualified as a chemist and lawyer, and Gerd Jaekel jointly lead the litigation team from Munich. The team assists numerous international corporations, including German companies, and on an international level, is particularly well versed in proceedings related to the US, Australia and Asian jurisdictions such as Japan and China, as well as in disputes related to France and Great Britain. Munich-based biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical specialist Ping Li made partner in January 2022.
Akebia Therapeutics, Inc.
BioMarin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
CJ CheilJedang Corp.
Lufthansa Technik AG
Puma Biotechnology, Inc.
Hope Medical Enterprises, Inc.
Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Merck & Co., Inc.)
Innio NXP Semiconductors N.V.
Tung Thih Electronic (TTE) Co. Ltd. / Valeo
- Representing CJ CheilJedang Corporation in a patent dispute with a Japanese competitor before the courts in Düsseldorf. The dispute concerns an amino acid and a genetic engineering process for its production.
- Representing Puma Biotechnology in opposition and opposition appeal proceedings against various generics manufacturers regarding European patents for cancer treatment.
- Representing Lufthansa Technik AG in an international series of proceedings against a US supplier of cabin electronics and various users of the technology.
In contentious proceedings, Maiwald Intellectual Property particularly impresses with longstanding experience in opposition proceedings before the EPO and subsequent appeal proceedings; here, the team, which is headquartered in Munich, has a track record of achieving groundbreaking judgments. Its forensic practice focuses on life sciences and the pharmaceutical sector, especially with regards to biotechnology and medical devices, and in addition to its EPO practice, also handles nullity and accompanying infringement proceedings, which often entail cross-border aspects. In addition to its powerful litigation team, the boutique also provides a broad registration practice that encompasses strong life sciences expertise alongside sector know-how in mechanical and electrical engineering as well as artificial intelligence. Key contacts among its patent lawyers include Derk Vos (chemistry, pharmacy), Dirk Bühler (pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, personalized therapies, diagnostics), Eva Dörner (chemistry, pharmacy, crop protection), Martin Huenges (biotechnology, pharmacy), Lutz Kietzmann (among electrical engineering, measurement and process engineering, mechanical engineering) and Stefanie Parchmann (pharmacy, biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry). Biochemistry, biotechnology and pharmaceutical specialist Annelie Wunsch made partner in February 2021.
University of California
Lindt & Sprüngli Chocoladefabriken GmbH/AG
Roche Diagnostics GmBH
- Successful representation of the University of California in CRISPR/Cas9 matters before the EPO.
- Representation of Sandoz Hexal in various proceedings.
Uexküll & Stolberg is broadly equipped with three specialized teams. Under the leadership of Peter Franck (chemistry), Bernd Janssen (technology) and Albrecht von Menges (biotechnology), litigation represents one of the firm's central pillars. From the main office in Hamburg and its Munich branch, the practice acts in contentious application proceedings before the DPMA and the EPO and is regularly instructed to assist with nullity and infringement proceedings. The mixed law and patent law firm's client base includes large international corporations, for whom the team's experience in cross-border proceedings is particularly valuable, as well as numerous medium-sized companies and start-ups.
Other key lawyers:
Bristol-Myers-Squibb / Pfizer
Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Representing the Bristol-Myers-Squibb/Pfizer alliance in several opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office (EPO) against up to twelve opponents.
- Representing Amgen as patent owner in four opposition proceedings before the EPO and in injunction proceedings in Düsseldorf and Munich against a number of generic drug manufacturers.
- Represented WR Grace in an opposition before the EPO against a patent in relation to polymerization processes for polyolefins, specifically the widely used Dow process.
As one of the largest mixed law and patent law firms in Germany, Vossius & Partner continues to be one of the market's top addresses. The firm houses one of the most experienced patent litigation practices in Germany and, in addition to its strong opposition practice, especially before the EPO, is also regarded for its experience in nullity and infringement proceedings. With offices in Munich, Düsseldorf, Berlin and Basel, the group is well positioned both nationally and internationally; for disputes related to other jurisdictions, it can also rely on experienced cooperation partners worldwide. The team is particularly active in disputes relating to the US, Asia and other European jurisdictions, while its range of technical expertise is clearly reflected in the team's structure: specialized teams are available for the areas of chemistry and pharmacology, biology and biotechnology, physics and technology as well as IT. The firm further houses a separate structure for patent disputes and patent infringement proceedings and also offers expertise in soft IP and data protection. The team's key figures include Natalia Berryman (chemistry, pharmacology), the physics, technology and IT experts Raphael Salzer, Arnold Asmussen, Christoph Eisenmann, Christian Sandweg, Rainer Viktor, Thomas Schwarze and Elard Schenck zu Schweinsberg as well as biology and biotechnology specialists Hans-Rainer Jaenichen, Jürgen Meier, Andreas Heiseke, Friederike Stolzenburg and Christian Schlörb. Dirk Harmsen, Stefan Fickert and Peter Hoecherl are among the main contacts for chemistry and pharmacology. Ju Min Kim, who specializes in telecommunications, electronics and computer engineering, made partner in 2022.
Other key lawyers:
Natalia Berryman; Raphael Salzer; Arnold Asmussen; Christoph Eisenmann; Christian Sandweg; Rainer Viktor; Thomas Schwarze; Elard Schenck zu Schweinsberg; Hans-Rainer Jaenichen; Jürgen Meier; Andreas Heiseke; Friederike Stolzenburg; Christian Schlörb; Dirk Harmsen; Stefan Fickert; Peter Hoecherl; Ju Min Kim
Boston Scientific Corporation
British American Tobacco
GOK ISCAR Ltd.
Umicore AG & Co. KG
- Representing CRISPR in opposition proceedings against the Broad Institute regarding CRISPR/Cas9 technology.
- Representing Boston Scientific Corporation (BSC) in global medical device litigation against Nevro and Micro-Tech in litigation in the United States and Germany, among others, and in eight infringement proceedings before the District Court of Düsseldorf.
- Representing Umicore in a number of oppositions relating to automotive catalytic converters. Comprehensive advice in complaint and nullity proceedings as well as in employee inventions matters.
Zimmermann & Partner Patentanwälte mbB
Zimmermann & Partner Patentanwälte mbB is particularly known for its extensive advice to Samsung Electronics and General Electric, for which it has successfully handled opposition, opposition appeal, nullity and infringement proceedings. The versatile team also possesses experience in proceedings in the medical technology, sporting goods and mechanical engineering industries. Joel Nägerl, Benedikt Neuburger, Thomas Leidescher, Dominique Gobert , Marc Kraushaar and Urs Liedl in Munich as well as Frank Steinbach in Berlin are the key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Bombardier Transportation GmbH
Continental Automotive GmbH
General Electric Company
GE Wind Energy
Motorola Mobility / Lenovo
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Antolin Ansell Ltd.
Arno Friedrichs Hartmetall GmbH & Co. KG
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Integrated Circuit Testing
KPMG Lauda Dr. Wobser GmbH & Co. KG
NGK Spark Plug Co. Ltd.
Nippon Steel Sumitomo Metal Corp.
Parity Quantum Computing GmbH
Schindler Deutschland AG & Co. KG
TIER Mobility SE
Tug Pet Products LLC
Ursa Insulation S.A.
Wonderland Switzerland AG
Boehmert & Boehmert
Boehmert & Boehmert has longstanding experience in nullity and infringement proceedings as well as in opposition and opposition appeal proceedings. The team is well versed in assisting with national, European and international proceedings, where it can rely on the cooperation with its own attorneys-at-law. Recently, the practice placed a particular technical focus on mechanical, electrical and process engineering as well as medical technology. Dennis Kretschmann (physics, electrical engineering, optics, IT, software), Christian Appelt (physics, mechanical engineering, electronics, computer technology), Felix Hermann (communication technology, mobile phone standards) and Nils Schmid (including automotive technology, production and manufacturing technology, medical technology) in Munich are the main contacts.
Beauty Union Global Ltd.
CALIK DENIM TEKSTIL SAN. VE TIC. A.S.
HGF Europe LLP
HGF Europe LLP entered the German market in 2019 with the merger of HGF and Patronus in Munich. Embedded within the firm's extensive European network, the team is an especially good choice for cross-border cases, in particular UK-related disputes, but also for matters relating to France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Ireland and Austria. The Munich team provides particular in-depth expertise in electrical engineering, software, materials science and life sciences matters. In addition to multinational corporations, the clientele further includes numerous medium-sized and smaller companies as well as start-ups. Markus Zoller (life sciences), Jan Robert Naefe (materials science) and Bernhard Ganahl (physics, engineering) are the German key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Markus Zoller; Jan Robert Naefe; Bernhard Ganahl
Emporia Telecom GmbH & Co. KG.
Aalberts Advanced Mechatronics (AAM)
TPI Technologies Inc.
- Regular filing of patents and FRAND license negotiations and nullity proceedings for Emporia.
- Ongoing advice to Voestalpine, which annually files a large number of patent applications and oppositions as well as legal disputes.
- Representing SIAG in European opposition proceedings.
Lorenz Seidler Gossel
Lorenz Seidler Gossel is particularly well known in the market for its longstanding experience in contentious proceedings. In addition to numerous national and international corporations, the Munich IP boutique also represents a large number of medium-sized and small companies as well as start-ups. Clients benefit from the opportunity to obtain patent and legal advice from a single source, which is particularly advantageous in disputes with parallel nullity and infringement proceedings. The firm's active opposition practice is also noteworthy. The team's key figures include Nikolaus von Tietzen (electrical engineering and IT), Wolfgang Behr (physics) and Robert Frick (chemistry).
Other key lawyers:
Nikolaus von Tietzen, Wolfgang Behr, Robert Frick
Credit Card Supply Corporation
- Representing Aquinos (Pt) in a €1m mattress foam litigation, including nullity proceedings.
- Representing Credit Card Supply Corporation in a legal dispute with Bundesdruckerei regarding patent infringement through the production of security features for the German identity card and passport.
- Representing Liebherr-Werk Nenzing in patent infringement proceedings against Bauer at the Higher Regional Court and in nullity proceedings at the Federal Patent Court.
Prinz & Partner particularly impresses with its active opposition practice, both before the DPMA and the EPO, but also possesses longstanding experience in product piracy matters, for example in connection with border seizures or at trade fairs. However, the group is also well versed in nullity proceedings as well as in providing patent law advice on infringement proceedings. Practice heads Thomas Kitzhofer and Jochen Sties, both specializing in mechanics and materials science, as well as Tim Hülsheger, who focuses on physics, mechanics, electrical engineering and communications engineering, and senior associate Jürgen Strass, who also primarily acts in the mechanics, electrical engineering and physics fields, are the key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Jürgen Strass; Tim Hülsheger
European Central Bank
Emissions Control Technologies
Rohde & Schwarz
Inteva / Roof Systems Germany GmbH
GB Boucherie NV
Delo Industrieklebstoffe GmbH & Co. KGaA
Schill + Seilacher
Sartorius Stedim Biotech GmbH
Metrona Union GmbH
BCS Automotive Interface Solutions GmbH
ABB Schweiz AG
Curiosity Diagnostics Sp. z o.o.
micro resist technology GmbH
Alfred E. Tiefenbacher (GmbH & Co. KG)
Prüfer & Partner‘s team is headed by Dorothea Hofer (physics, medical technology, semiconductors, artificial intelligence), Jürgen Feldmeier (automotive technology, precision engineering, sports equipment) and Andreas Oser (chemistry, pharmaceuticals, life sciences) as well as attorney-at-law Andreas Jacob. The experienced team regularly acts in opposition, nullity and infringement proceedings.
‘The cooperation is very pleasant and the partners involved are characterized in particular by a collegial cooperation. I would like to single out Jürgen Feldmeier.‘
Brother Industries, Ltd.
Knorr-Bremse Systeme für Schienenfahrzeuge
Knorr-Bremse Systeme für Nutzfahrzeuge
Hymmen GmbH Maschinen- und Anlagenbau
Multipond Wägetechnik GmbH
B Braun Melsungen AG
Biedermann Technologies GmbH & Co. KG
EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems
ATOMA Gesellschaft für automatische Waagen GmbH
- Representation of Hymmen GmbH Maschinen- und Anlagenbau in two legal disputes against Barberan, a Spanish competitor, before the Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court, and at the same time defending these patents before the Federal Patent Court and before the EPO. Strategic advice, including on setting up an international patent portfolio.
- Representing Brother Industries, Ltd. in proceedings on patent infringements and utility model infringements in the field of ink cartridges before the district court and higher regional court in Munich, the district court and higher regional court in Düsseldorf, the Federal Patent Court and the European Patent Office (BPatG) and the European Patent Office (EPO) due to the infringement of ink cartridge protection rights by compatible Pelikan cartridges , also in the context of preliminary injunction proceedings.
Weickmann & Weickmann
Munich-based IP boutique Weickmann & Weickmann specializes in the mechanics, electrical engineering and IT as well as chemistry and life sciences fields. The team is called upon in nullity and infringement proceedings as well as in opposition proceedings before the DPMA and the EPO. Markus Herzog and Brigitte Böhm jointly lead the practice. Manuel Millahn, who holds several medical technology patents himself, made partner in January 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG
Meggle Group GmbH
Fränkische Industrial Pipes
TCI Telecomunicazioni Italia S.r.L.
United Initiators GmbH
- Longstanding advice to and representation of Fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG in patent infringement proceedings.
- Successful representation of Italian company TCI before the Federal Patent Court against Signify Holding BV, formerly known as Philips Lightning Holding BV, which spun off from the Philips Group, in nullity proceedings.
- Representing Novelis in a large number of opposition proceedings defending Novelis’ European patents or pursuing oppositions against European patents of Novelis’ competitors.