CABANES Avocats is a well-established public law boutique with particularly strong public law contract expertise. The 16-lawyer firm is retained by a mix of leading public and private sector entities, including major cities and regions, the city of Paris, the French Presidency and blue-chip companies, such as Bouygues and Vinci. The practice stands out through its extensive experience and ability to advise on the largest French infrastructure projects and public procurement contracts as well as for its strength in tackling related sensitive litigation. Recent work included several landmark waste, road and port public procurement and projects. The practice also assisted several French regions with the opening of regional rail networks to competition. The practice is co-headed by four partners: Benoît Neveu andBenoît Polderman, who focus on advisory work, and litigators Christophe Cabanes and Vincent Michelin.
Administrative and public law in France
Christophe Cabanes; Benoît Neveu; Vincent Michelin; Benoît Polderman
‘Christophe Cabanes has a very particular knowledge of administrative law and an ability to make its subtleties understandable to a commercial clientele. His experience and skills are remarkable. He s is an exceptional lawyer, skillfully assisted by Vincent Michelin.’
‘CABANES AVOCATS is very competent and responsive in the area of litigation in public economic law. The lawyers of this firm, in particular Me Christophe Cabanes and Me Vincent Michelin, have very good strategic thinking and are attentive to their clients.’
‘The team is dynamic, available and business-oriented. The lawyers are passionate about their job and open to the outside world. This team is always looking for a pragmatic solution. It questions itself and never takes anything for granted. It has a very diverse client portfolio, which allows it not to be locked into ready-made solutions, but to create bridges between activities to find solutions. That is a real advantage, especially in public law.’
‘Christophe Cabanes is unfailingly available and remarkably accessible. He listens, he discusses and he always seeks a pragmatic, viable and satisfactory solution. It is precious to have someone like him by your side. Charlotte Pezin is dynamic and unfailingly available. She listens a lot, accepts the challenge and is driven by a real desire to help. It is valuable to have a person like Charlotte by your side.’
‘Extremely competent in both advice and litigation, particularly in public contracts and public competition law. The team is professional, responsive and attentive to the client. They provide very comprehensive analyses with clear, motivated and operational recommendations.’
‘Christophe Cabanes is an excellent professional. Responsive and versatile, he has a great strategic vision and great negotiating skills combined with a strong practice of litigation, which is very valuable, particularly in complex cases. Vincent Michelin is a remarkable lawyer with whom it is very pleasant to work. Available and rigorous, endowed with an excellent understanding of the issues (operational, financial, political …) and a great expertise in public contracts, he is always oriented towards the solution, adapts and ensures the defense the interests of his client with efficiency and pugnacity.’
‘The firm has strong expertise in public contracts and public procurement, and particularly in public services and environmental law.’
‘We particularly appreciate our collaboration with Benoît Neveu and his team, who listen to our needs.’
‘Cabanes – Avocats has extensive experience and expertise in public law, as well as perfect knowledge of communities and our activities. It is very attentive to the technical aspects of the case and uses its very good knowledge of our businesses to further anchor the legal debate in the reality of our businesses and the context. The firm shows great clarity and great precision.’
‘We work very regularly with Masters Christophe Cabanes and Vincent Michelin. These gentlemen have many qualities. They show a very strong motivation and implication which contribute to produce a very solid argument. Perfect availability, perfect responsiveness – always available to answer a question, however simplistic or complex it may be.’
‘Responsiveness and expertise in public law, pragmatism, clear and simple notes, which can be understood and followed by our teams.’
‘The firm has a very strong experience of public and administrative law.’
‘Benoit Neveu has perfect knowledge of public and administrative law and provides solutions to every problem encountered in a pragmatic way.’
‘Benoit Neveu has developed remarkable expertise in concession law. He is very business-minded, responsive and knows his files remarkably well. Benoit Neveu is one of the best lawyers of the Parisian market on the subjects of urban services.’
‘The team is very responsive; they are excellent professionals who are also available.’
‘Very high reactivity. Proven mastery of public and administrative law. Great capacity for innovation.’
‘The team is made up of specialists in public law, in particular in public business law, who have a close understanding of the functioning of public authorities, but also of the challenges of private individuals. This varied clientele gives them a global vision of public and administrative law. Very high responsiveness and availability.’
‘Vincent Michelin, with whom I mainly work, is extremely available, pragmatic and he has the rare particularity of being inventive in law’.
‘A competent and expert team, which provides complete and precise answers to the questions asked and solutions adapted to the context of each case.’
‘Its great strength lies in its ability to combine high legal technique and an ability to offer agile solutions and innovative strategies. The firm demonstrates exceptional efficiency which has enabled favorable decisions to be obtained, including in particularly difficult cases. This efficiency is due to exceptional argumentative agility both in the production of written submissions and during interventions at hearing.’
‘Me Christophe Cabanes and Me Benoît Neveu demonstrate great finesse of analysis.’
‘Friendliness, responsiveness and efficiency are the key words.’
‘Lawyers can be contacted at any time for high quality and reliable assistance.’
‘Extreme availability of both partners and collaborators, combined with a simple relationship with clients. Desire to provide the best advice.’
‘Benoit Polderman is an excellent and very available interlocutor who provides relevant and quality advice. He understands the expectations of his clients and adapts to them.’
‘Available, responsive, providing pragmatic and effective answers after a detailed analysis.’
‘Highly competent firm in public and administrative law.’
‘Their advice is always pragmatic while being legally sound. Very good listening skills. Responsiveness and availability.’
‘The team is specialised in public law in the broad sense (excellent knowledge and experience in public procurement, but also urban planning law, administrative law …). Responses provided are very pragmatic and therefore meet the needs of the company. It is a dynamic and very operational team, and always available.’
Ville de Paris
Présidence de la République
Ile de France Mobilités
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
Métropole d’Aix Marseille
Métropole de Bordeaux
Bouygues Travaux Publics
Europe Service Propreté
Métropole de Nice
Métropole de Lille
Métropole de Toulouse
Etablissement public du Mont Saint-Michel
Syndicat des Eaux d’Ile de France
Grand Port Maritime de Marseille
Grand port Maritime du Havre
Etablissement Public Paris Terre d’Envol
Ville de Nice
Ville de Bordeaux
- Successfully represented the City of Paris before the French administrative Court regarding the Tour Triangle project (€500m).
- Advised the Région Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur on the first-of-its-kind award of public contracts for public passenger transport by rail (€280m per year).
- Successfully represented Aix-Marseille Metropole in litigation regarding the replacement of the rake of the carriages of the metropolitan underground railway (€460m).
Clifford Chance is one of the market’s go-to firms for large PPP and public procurement projects. The ten-lawyer team handles an impressive workload for public and private sector entities, including many of the country’s most high-profile projects in the transport sector, such as its work as advisor of the Société du Grand Paris regarding the construction of new sections of the new Paris métro network 'Grand Paris Express'. The firm also takes on strategic matters in the aviation, road and train infrastructure sectors; including highly challenging contract performance disputes. In the energy sector, the firm advises on strategic regulatory issues and on several of France’s largest offshore wind projects. Finally, the team also assists clients with regulatory issues in relation to a number of other sectors, including the sports sector. Co-heads of the practice David Préat and Gauthier Martin are excellent. Counsel Jean-Baptiste Merigot de Treigny is a very promising team member.
David Préat; Gauthier Martin
Other key lawyers:
Jean-Baptiste Merigot de Treigny
‘This is a team whose professionalism, technical competence, understanding of the challenges of the offshore sector are incomparable.’
‘Gauthier Martin and all of the associates with whom we work are available, attentive, pedagogical and, what does not spoil anything, very friendly.’
‘An essential and unique team. Its members stand out through their professionalism and great competence, both in terms of legal analysis and their knowledge of the sector and market practices. A dynamic team that knows how to find solutions in the interest of their client while having a global vision of the file and project.’
‘Gauthier Martin is highly available, listens to his client, shows great intellectual curiosity, which allows him to anticipate potential difficulties and risks. At the same time, he is pragmatic and with a real sense of the result. Clémence Graffan and Daphné Celet are mid-level associates who show great maturity and professionalism, which confirms the quality of the firm and team’s recruitment and training policy.’
‘They have a very strong experience in the field of concessions and PPP, and in particular on the subjects of infrastructure projects launched by the French State. In this sector, we consider that they are in the top 3 in France.’
‘David Préat is a high-level lawyer, very creative, and endowed with excellent negotiating skills. His frankness and his ability to take a stand are highly appreciated within our teams. Gauthier Martin and Jean-Baptiste Mérigot de Treigny are experienced lawyers, pragmatic and very pleasant at work.’
‘As a partner in public business law, Gauthier Martin is a particularly valuable advisor to support para-public organizations in their participation in complex public-private partnership projects because of his great legal expertise and its real understanding for economic and political issues. In addition, Gauthier Martin and his team stand out through their hard work and commitment which make them full members of a project team.’
‘The team is very available and responsive, at the forefront of matters in a quickly evolving regulatory environment. Client rendering is always very professional and easy to use.’
‘Me Gauthier Martin distinguishes himself by his proactivity and is always relevant, total commitment to the satisfaction of customer needs.’
‘The team has an exceptionally precise and in-depth knowledge of subjects in public business law and in particular of public-private partnerships. Added to this is the ability to be pragmatic in analysing situations to provide advice that is always operational and of a quality that few firms can offer.’
‘David Préat has exceptional knowledge of public business law, the institutional context and the PPP sector. His ability to analyse complex situations and to give sound and valuable advice is impressive. Gauthier Martin also has exceptional knowledge of public business law. He knows how to combine in an incomparable way the rules of law and the imperatives of his clients to provide concrete and operational answers.’
‘Clifford Chance provides us with quality and relevant advice. The team is very responsive and available. All the disputes entrusted to them have been won.’
‘David Préat and his team (mainly Daphné Celet) always listen to our comments while being proactive when necessary.’
‘The strength of the team lies in its capacity for anticipation and pragmatism in its analyses and advice. As such, the team is in contact with other lawyers of the firm who can analyse aspects that go beyond public law (European law, business law, etc.).’
‘Gauthier Martin’s legal recommendations are particularly concrete and take into account the real situations of the company to assess the risks involved. He is also very available and very responsive.’
French Ministry of ecologic and solidarity-based transition
Société du Grand Paris
Vauban Infrastructure Partners
French Professional Football League (Ligue de Football Professionnel – LFP)
- Advising Société du Grand Paris on public procurement contracts for the design and the construction of the western and the eastern sections of the Line 15, part of the new Paris metro network project ‘Grand Paris Express’.
- Advising the project sponsor in connection with the financing of the second offshore wind farm project financed in France off the coast of Fécamp.
- Advising the French Ministry in charge of transport (i) in the context of the indemnity proceedings initiated by Notre-Dame-des-Landes Airport’s concessionaire following the state’s decision to abandon the project and to terminate the related concession and (ii) on the structuring and the award of this new concession contract for Nantes-Atlantique Airport (NA) and Saint-Nazaire Montoir Airport (SN).
Headed by the highly regarded Marc Fornacciari, Dentons’ four-lawyer team offers leading public procurement expertise. The practice is frequently retained by governmental, municipal and other public sector entities to assist with the structuring and launch of tender offers concerning large infrastructure projects and public procurement contracts in the transport sector. The practice recently worked on two new major motorway projects and is also advising on the awarding of the operation of Grand Paris’ new metro lines. Major sponsors from the defence and school sectors entrust the team with strategic project matters. Finally, clients also turn to the firm to deal with highly sensitive contract execution and performance issues as well as for renewable energy projects in France. The practice also handles some work abroad. Counsel Dorothée Griveaux is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘Precision, dedication and keeping deadlines.’
‘Dentons is particularly relevant in its analyses, which it is able to carry out in depth. It allows its clients to make informed decisions and to best defend its interests.’
‘Marc Fornacciari is strongly involved with his clients and is able to carry out very detailed analyses which allow the best decision to be taken. Dorothée Griveaux, who works alongside him, has a strong capacity for work and for in-depth analysis. She knows how to find unexplored, but robust paths to effectively meet the specific expectations of her clients.’
‘Dentons’ administrative and public law practice is unique due to their deep knowledge of this type of specialised contract together with their strong understanding of how issues can be handled taking into account public and private interests and practices. They have a strong capability in advising on a tender process and on what can be negotiated with the public sector entity’.
‘Marc Fornacciari is very smart, imaginative, very experimented and implicated in his deals. He knows the public sector environment very well (its reflexes & its constraints) and has also a strong network among civil servants, which can be very useful in order to be able to convince or make them aware of any complex issue’.
‘Dorothée Grivaux is very experienced in this niche market, very available and efficient to execute deals’.
RATP Dév. + Keolis
CAISSE DES DEPOTS ET CONSIGNATIONS
COMPAGNIE DES ALPES
Moroccan Airports Authority (Office National Des Aéroports, ONDA)
BMR Energy Ldt
UNIVERSITE PARIS SACLAY (previously UNIVERSITE PARIS SUD)
Haut-Rhin Conseil Départemental
Ministry for the Ecological Transition
Direction départementale des territoires du Rhône
- Advising the French Transport Authority for the Paris Region (Ile-de-France Mobilités) on the award of two concession contracts for the operation of four new automatic metro lines of the ‘Grand Paris Express’ (GPE), a metro network under construction.
- Advising the Ministry of Ecological Transition in connection with the award of the highway concession between Castres and Toulouse (‘LACT’).
- Advising EOLFI as part of the implementation of a €250m offshore floating wind farm project off the coast of Brittany (Groix & Belle-Ile), the first floating wind farm in France.
Jones Day offers an eight-lawyer practice of strong repute. The team is retained by both public and private sector entities to assist with challenging matters in regulatory and financial public law. A notable example was advising the state on the privatisation project of Parisian airport operator ADP and Parisian metro operator RATP in a complex dispute with Ile-de-France Mobilités regarding the non-payment of public transport subsidies linked to the Covid-19 outbreak. The practice also impresses with its strong regulatory and project know-how in the energy sector, including on electric mobility matters and power charging network stations. The public procurement expertise is also highly regarded, especially for large broadband infrastructure projects across the country and for its litigation experience. More recently, the group also took on high-level public procurement work in the healthcare sector. Practice heads Philippe Delelis and Nicolas Brice are excellent.
Philippe Delelis; Nicolas Brice
CAISSE DES DEPOTS ET CONSIGNATION
JEFF KOONS LLC
- Representing the Paris public transportation company (RATP) in an administrative litigation dispute against the regulatory authority (Ile-de-France Mobilités) which ceased its payments due to a lack of ressources generated by the Covid-19 crisis.
- Advising Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC) as an investor in the French wider national fibre broadband network projects (‘Plan National Très Haut-Débit’) on five BOT projects to design, build and operate very high-speed broadband networks.
- Assisting the governmental agency with the privatisation of the company Aéroports de Paris (ADP) which runs the Parisian airports (Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle, Orly and eleven other airports in the Ile-de-France Region).
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP‘s six-lawyer team is of one the market’s most sought-after practices for high-end public economic law and regulatory matters involving France’s top state-owned companies and companies in whom the state retains a significant stakeholding. Reorganisations and privatisation projects are areas of particular strength, with recent examples including assisting the French State (via the Agence des Participations de l’Etat) with the privatisation of La Française des Jeux through a €2bn IPO. The group also advises on major public procurement work and is active in litigation. The practice's varied and high-profile includes top names in the energy and telecoms sector. Frédéric Salat-Baroux is highly recommended and co-directs the practice with Marc Lordonnois, who made partner in early 2021. Associate Quentin Lejeune is also highly involved.
Frédéric Salat-Baroux; Marc Lordonnois
Other key lawyers:
Compagnie des Alpes
SA du Parc du Futuroscope
FGTI (Fonds de garantie des victimes du terrorisme)
French State (Agence des Participations de l’Etat)
Aéroports de Paris
Caisse des dépôts et consignations
Compagnie Nationale du Rhône
Gestionnaire d’Infrastructure CDG Express
Advent International Corporation
- Represented the French State (Agence des Participations de l’Etat) on the €2bn IPO and privatization of La Française des Jeux.
- Advised Caisse des dépôts et consignations, Compagnie des Alpes and SA du Parc du Futuroscope on the award of a long-term lease by the Département of Vienne for the renovation and extension of the Futuroscope theme park (€300m).
- Advised TDF in connection with the complaint lodged by Towercast at the French Competition Authority following the acquisition of ITAS by TDF, securing a successful outcome for the client.
Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP is the go-to-firm for large domestic infrastructure projects and public procurements as well as for related performance and litigation issues. The five-lawyer team is retained by leading sponsors, operators and lenders and handles a high volume of highly strategic work. Expertise includes representing sponsors and operators in negotiations or or in legal proceedings with the French state and other local public authorities regarding damage awards following the termination, abandonment or performance issues of leading infrastructure projects; notably in the transport sector. The team is also assisting clients affected by Gilets Jaunes’ protests and the Covid-19 pandemic in their negotiations with the French state and other public entities to obtain compensation. Sponsors and lenders als mandate the group for major infrastructure projects in France and overseas. Practice head Thierry Laloum is a superstar in the field. He is ably surrounded by special European counsel Charles-Antoine Erignac, senior associate Anne-Laure Barel and associate Virgile Chanel.
Other key lawyers:
Charles-Antoine Erignac; Anne-Laure Barel; Virgile Chanel
‘The team is made up of good technicians who are able to work satisfactorily in a French environment.’
‘I work with counsel Charles-Antoine Erignac who is a nice and pleasant person. He knows his field well.’
‘The team has worked on a large number of innovative projects or cases for many years which enables it to understand the diversity of public law issues. They provide the best advice.’
‘Thierry Laloum is, in my opinion, one of the best practitioners in Paris’.
‘The team at Willkie Farr & Gallagher has demonstrated exceptional pedagogy in explaining complex subjects. Their ability to provide efficient and pragmatic responses has very few equivalents; few firms have this quality.’
‘Thierry Laloum has a remarkable knowledge of public law. He brings invaluable advice which makes it possible to resolve very complex situations which very few are able to do.’
‘Very homogeneous team. Partners and associates are always available. They listen to their clients which is very appreciable. Partner Thierry Laloum admirably unites his team.’
‘Thierry Laloum is extremely brilliant. His strategy at the start always turns out to be the right one. He has an absolutely amazing ability to anticipate. He is totally involved and success is his only goal. He is very attentive to his customers.’
‘ Very professional, interdisciplinary and available team.’
‘A very competent and efficient team with solid experience. A team that actively participated in defining our strategy within very tight deadlines.’
‘Maître Thierry Laloum is an excellent lawyer who is very shrewd in his approach and fully understands our requests and concerns. He is proactive and has always been able to find relevant solutions to our problems. He is very available and provided excellent advice on the definition of our strategy.’
Caisse des dépôts et consignations
Searchlight Capital Partners
Bouygues Travaux Publics
- Advised the lenders of the consortium led by Keolis on the financing of the project for the operation of the rail link between Paris-Est Station and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (the CDG Express Project).
- Advised the lenders on the €60m project financing for the construction of an extension to the Prado Carénage tunnel in Marseille.
- Advised Meridiam on the development of the greenfield project Centrale Électrique de l’Ouest Guyanais (CEOG).
Adaltys Avocats combines several key assets: a deep bench of public law experts, an office network covering France’s main cities, including Paris and Lyon, and large breadth of expertise. The firm assists many of the country’s largest regions and cities such as Lyon, Marseille and Lille, as well as other leading public sector operators and entities. Leading private operators are also clients. The practice has particularly strong expertise in public contracts, urban planning law and litigation, with a particularly busy caseload in the transport sector. In urban planning law, the practice is active in several high-profile Parisian building construction and renovation projects. The group's energy regulatory expertise is also among the best in France. Gilles Le Chatelier in Lyon and Laurent Sery in Paris co-head the practice. Also highly recommended are the Lyon-based Romain Granjon and Jean-Marc Petit, the Paris-based Gilles Le Chatelier, and the Lyon- and Marseille-based Benjamin Boiton.
Gilles Le Chatelier; Laurent Sery
Other key lawyers:
Romain Granjon; Guillaume Chaineau; Jean-Marc Petit; Benjamin Boiton
‘Very good state aid law expertise. Excellent responsiveness and availability.’
‘Lawyers are highly available and responsive. They have great knowledge of local issues.’
‘The lawyers are serious and practical. They are very knowledgeable in the transport sector and in public law contracts’.
‘Benjamin Boiton is highly available, puts himself in his clients’ shoes to find innovative solutions that address his clients’ needs. He is a fine negotiator.’
Métropole de Lyon
Métropole de Marseille
Métropole Européenne de Lille
Métropole de Nice
Métropole de Rouen
Métropole de Bordeaux
Métropole de Saint-Etienne
Métropole de Toulon
Métropole de Nantes
Région AuRA – Auvergne Rhône Alpes
Région Sud – Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur
Région Bourgogne Franche-Comté
Région Centre Val de Loire
Val d’Isère Ski resort
Courchevel Ski resort
Serre-Chevalier Ski resort
Collectivité de Corse
Ministère de la transition écologique
Ministère de la cohésion des territoires
Département de la Haute-Garonne
Département de la Dordogne
ADEME – Agence De l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l’Énergie
APIJ – Agence Pour l’Immobilier de la Justice
OPPIC – Opérateur du Patrimoine et des Projets Immobiliers de la Culture
Grand Port Maritime de Rouen
Grand Port Maritime de Marseille
Grand Port Maritime de Nantes St Nazaire
Grand Port du Havre
Ile De France
- Represented Île-de-France Mobilités in the renegotiation of the historic contract with the RATP, the largest transport concession in France.
- Assisted Oppic with the restoration and development schemes of the Grand Palais.
- Assisted Corsica in the context of 6 ongoing disputes and expert appraisals led by Corsica Ferries France, with overall financial stakes exceeding €150m.
Allen & Overy LLP
Allen & Overy LLP‘s seven-lawyer practice is in high demand for its strong regulatory expertise in various industries fields, including the media, TMT, transport and environment sectors. Well versed in challenging mandates, the team is a popular choice for high-stakes matters, such as the representation of Total in France’s first climate change litigation. Additionally, the practice offers strong PPP know-how, especially in the transport and wider infrastructure sectors. Finally, the practice also provides key assistance with brownfield and M&A transactions and advised several clients on Covid-19-related regulation and state financial support. Practice head Romaric Lazerges, counsels Antoine Coursaut-Durand and Luc Lamblin, and senior associate Arthur Sauzay are recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Antoine Coursaut-Durand; Luc Lamblin; Arthur Sauzay
Comfort Del Gro
King Street Capital
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
Infravia Capital Partners
Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations
Air France KLM
Agence des Participations de l’Etat (APE)
- Advised the French state, acting through the Agence des participations de l’Etat, in the context of the Covid-19 outbreak, including on the €7bn financing of Air France-KLM.
- Advised UBS sub, Golden VinzClortho, on the acquisition of a minority stake in Altitude Infrastructure THD which will enable Altitude to increase its financial capacity and to develop as the main independent fiber operator in France today.
- Advised Total on climate change litigation that was initiated by several NGOs and local authorities in January 2020 before the Judicial Tribunal of Nanterre.
Baker McKenzie receives regular instructions from leading French operators such as EDF, ADP and SNCF to advise on strategic regulatory and public economic law issues. Lately, the firm was notably involved in strategic companies’ status and reorganisation projects. The ten-lawyer team also routinely assists with key matters in the healthcare and IT sectors, including public procurement work and related litigation issues. Finally, the practice also has good urban planning law expertise. Emmanuel Guillaume and Arnaud Cabanes co-head the practice. Counsel Rémi Ducloyer is another key member.
Emmanuel Guillaume; Arnaud Cabanes
Other key lawyers:
Agence Nationale de la Santé Publique (SPF)
Electricité de France (EDF)
ADP (Aéroports de Paris)
Cote d’Azur Airport (ACA)
Conseil Départemental d’Eure-et-Loir
Racing Club de Lens
Chelsfield / The Olayan Group
- Assisted Bollegraaf with the renegotiation of a signed agreement for temporary grouping of companies regarding the construction of a waste recycling plant in La Réunion.
- Assisted CGI with negotiations arisen from a public procurement contract entered into between CGI and Ile-de-France Mobilités.
- Represented Aéroports de Paris (ADP) before civil (Bobigny commercial court) and administrative courts in an indemnification litigation against Prologis which holds an authorisation enabling it to occupy premises on the airport public domain managed by ADP.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I.'s large team allows the firm to cover most of the market’s strategic public law matters with high-level expertise. In Michel Guénaire, the practice counts a high-level energy regulatory expert among its ranks which fits well in the group's strong wider regulatory expertise. Also of high repute is the firm’s public procurement expertise which is sought after by governmental and local public entities as well as private companies, increasingly so with the advent of new urban transport projects such as free-floating scooter and electric vehicle charging stations projects in Paris. Thomas Courtel and Bénédicte Mazel are the two key names in that area. Finally, Emmanuel Vital-Durand and Alexandre Gauthier both provide excellent urban planning and public domain expertise. They assist public and private sector companies with ambitious public and private retail, infrastructure and construction projects. Environment law expert Jean-Nicolas Clément also contributes.
Jean-Nicolas Clément; Thomas Courtel; Alexandre Gauthier; Michel Guénaire; Bénédicte Mazel; Emmanuel Vital-Durand
‘A good knowledge of the file in its local context and a good reactivity.’
‘Gide has recognised experience and expertise in the transport infrastructure concession sector, which is reflected by the quality of its advice.’
‘Flawless availability and responsiveness. Bénédicte Mazel demonstrates great efficiency both in the quality of the advice provided and in the production of legal documents (contracts, analytical notes, etc.) regarding highly complex files.’
‘They are available and responsive. They accompany and assist well the customer in making the right choices.’
‘Extensive experience in the management of administrative files and excellent consideration of political considerations.’
‘Perfect mastery of the field, extensive experience on major issues related to public service delegation and concessions.’
‘Great availability and listening skills on the part of the partner and his team.’
‘High-quality work and remarkable knowledge of the public infrastructure field.’
TELT (SAS Tunnel Euralpin Lyon Turin)
SNCF Réseau, Kaufman & Broad, Altarea-Cogedim, Indigo, and Elogie
US Embassy in France
SMTPC (Company Marseillaise du Tunnel Prado Fairing)
Société NUMA – Partouche Group
Isihara Sangyo Kaisha (ISK)
- Advised TELT, the entity in charge of the completion of the cross-border section of the Lyon-Turin link from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to Susa/Bussoleno, on the public law issues associated with its public shareholders, town planning, environmental issues and associated execution orders, including disputes arisen in connection with the awarding of contracts and the project’s environmental impact after the launch of the first significant service orders.
- Represented Enedis in disputes brought before the French courts by plaintiffs who have challenged the deployment of smart metres.
- Advised the French Civil Aviation Authority on the termination of its concession for the airport of Tahiti Faaa’a following a judicial order from June 2017.
Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP has well-established project and PPP expertise. The practice assists major sponsors, public sector entities and private companies, and is very active in significant port and transport projects in France and its overseas territories. Public law entities also entrust their large property development projects to the team. In addition, the practice is involved in major energy projects in francophone Africa. The practice is co-headed by Bruno Cantier and Ludovic Babin and also includes counsel Perrine Limousin.
Bruno Cantier; Ludovic Babin
Other key lawyers:
A consortium led by Engie and Meridam
African Finance Corporation
Colas Projects and Mirova
Aéroports de Paris S.A. (ADP)
- Advised ADP (part of the Société Gestionnaire d’Infrastructure CDG Express consortium) on the CDG Express railway project which is set to connect the Gare de l’Est with Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, a non-stop route covering 32 kilometres.
- Advised the sponsors (i. e. Colas Projects and Mirova) on the partnership contract between the Communauté d’Agglomération du Centre Littoral (CACL) and Ibys, a consortium of Colas Projects, Ribal Travaux Publics and Mirova (now Vauban Infrastructure Partners), regarding the financing, design, construction, maintenance and renewal of the infrastructure of two BRT lines.
- Advised a candidate on the award of the third call for tenders launched by the State for its offshore wind turbine programme in Dunkirk.
Latournerie Wolfrom Avocats advises a prominent client that includes many of France’s leading public and private sector companies. The versatile team has high-level regulatory expertise and regularly works on high-profile matters in the telecoms and transport sectors, for example regarding the allocation of 5G frequencies. The public law procurement expertise is equally excellent and has attracted several major building and telecoms infrastructure projects. Finally, the team also offers solid urban planning law know-how, sought after for several major public real estate and development projects in Paris and Marseille. Jean Latournerie, Laurent de la Brosse, Térence Cabot and Marion Delaigue co-head the practice.
Jean Latournerie; Laurent de la Brosse; Térence Cabot; Marion Delaigue
‘Excellent legal and analysis skills in public law.’
‘ Responsive and highly available.’
‘Laurent de la Brosse is able to provide a public and private law approach to projects. He is very practical.’
‘Marion Delaigue provides a comprehensive approach and always suggests the best possible solution.’
‘Térence Cabot’s team is one of the best in France in the telecoms regulatory sector. They have great knowledge of authorisation issues.’
Paris la Défense
Ministery of Ecological Transition and Territories
Région Grand Est
Région Auvergne Rhône Alpes
BOUYGUES ENERGIES SERVICES
Grand Paris Aménagement
Pôle Leonard de Vinci
Canal France International
Voies Navigables de France
Société du Grand Paris
- Advised SNCF Network on plans to modify existing entities of the group which operate as so-called EPICs, making them French limited liability companies.
- Provided strategic advice to the Transport Office of Corsica, the public industrial and commercial entity of the island of Corsica, on the establishment of a public service airline between Corsica and several European cities., as well as on the establishment of a public service air supply link between the territory and the French mainland from 2020 to 2023.
- Assisted the Ministry of Ecological Transition with a legal procedure and contractual negotiation to authorise EDF to operate g a Research Center near Paris.
Since Pierre Guillot took the lead of Linklaters’ practice at the end of 2019, the seven-lawyer team has not changed its key focus. The public law team is tightly integrated in the firm’s leading infrastructure and energy practice and assists lenders and sponsors with major domestic PPP and renewable energy projects and transactions. The group’s work on a landmark French port modernisation project and its busy caseload of clients seeking assistance with tender offers in various sectors, including the road and airport sectors, are also a result of the team’s set-up. The practice also advises on regulatory and foreign investment authorisation matters in the context of M&A transactions led by the firm.
‘Very good team in public economic law, with a strong commitment from both the partner and associates. Pierre Guillot has strong internal knowledge of the French Ministry of environment which is undoubtedly a plus for clients. Great availability of the team (including the partner) and excellent legal expertise on many aspects of public economic law.’
‘Excellent team which includes lawyers able to provide appropriate advice to a public sector company.’
‘Great experience and great availability ; the team has exhaustive knowledge of public law.’
‘In-depth knowledge of concession law, in particular in the gas sector ; responsiveness and efficiency; availability.’
‘Pierre Guillot provides clear analyses that take into account strategic contextual elements.’
‘Excellent partner in public law (Pierre Guillot) and a team of high-level associates.’
‘A highly technical team at the forefront of the very latest regulatory and jurisprudential developments. Very good availability.’
‘Pierre Guillot has, thanks to his career in the French senior administration, a very sure judgment and analysis.’
‘This is an excellent team led by Maître Pierre Guillot.’
‘Pierre is very bright, responsive and business-oriented. He answers very precisely and goes deeply in every issue. ’
Caisse des dépôts et consignations
French State (Agence des participations de l’Etat)
- Advised the arrangers (BNPP, CACIB, Natixis et Société Générale) on the €2.4bn financing of acquisition of irrevocable rights of use of telecom infrastructure in low density areas to provide high speed broadband connection.
- Advised Atlas Arteria on the acquisition of a €1bn controlling stake in motorway concessionaires APRR and Adelac (from Macquarie).
- Advised Crédit Agricole CIB, BNP Paribas, Société Générale and the European Investment Bank, on all aspects of the €2bn limited recourse financing of the Fécamp offshore wind farm, with a capacity of 500MW.
Orrick Rambaud Martel’s team has extensive experience advising on major public procurement projects, including several landmark projects in the rail and metro sectors. The team is also a leading name for high-profile energy projects, especially significant offshore projects. Finally, the practice is also recognised for its strength in complex litigation, notably in relation to major public procurements, and offers experience in managing complex issues regarding motorway tariffs. Data protection is also dealt with. The practice is now co-headed by Geoffroy Berthon, who made partner early 2020, and senior counsel Noël Chahid-Nouraï, following the departure of Jean-Luc Champy to White & Case LLP in 2020.
Geoffroy Berthon; Noël Chahid-Nouraï
‘Orrick Rambaud Martel’s public and administrative law team is a young, friendly and dynamic team. The team is competent and able to deal with varied and complex environments.’
‘I work with Geoffroy Berthon who is a young talented partner. An excellent technician, he is able to deliver sound advice. With a very large workforce, he is available and attentive.’
‘Effective and efficient practice, fair and rapid in its assessments and responses, measured and able to keep in mind the challenges of a project to preserve its fundamentals and its accessories.’
‘Geoffroy Berthon is a leading lawyer: his involvement, his understanding of projects, the accuracy of his interventions in negotiations, his intelligence of the situation and the excellence of his writing are major assets for a case.’
Allianz Global Investors
Bolloré Transport & Logistics
Caisse Des Dépôts et Consignations
DIF Capital Partners
French Government – Ministère de la Transition écologique et solidaire
UGGC Avocats has a large and experienced team that has gained the trust of which many leading public and private sector companies, including major governmental financial institutions such as Bpifrance, Athe gence des Participations de l’Etat and CDC. The practice has particularly high-level expertise in public procurement, economic regulation and public finance and is sought after for France's landmark public projects such as assisting the French State with Notre-Dame’s rehabilitation work. In the transport sector, the group also attracts significant mandates, for example the construction of new metro lines in Paris, the termination of concessions and the setting up of a public railway group. Compliance matters from the public sector (Sapin II anti-corruption) is also taken on. The highly regarded Thierry Dal Farra is in charge. Also involved are Philippe Hansen, Franck Lepron and Benjamin de Sevin.
Thierry Dal Farra
Other key lawyers:
Philippe Hansen; Franck Lepron; Benjamin de Sevin
‘Superior knowledge of procurement law.’
‘Thierry Dal Fara and Benjamin de Sevin have knowledge and practical experience with government procurement law and practice.’
‘Very high availability and responsiveness of the team ; ability to understand operational issues and business models which contribute to the depth and relevance of the legal analyses.’
BANQUE DE FRANCE
FRENCH MINISTRY OF CULTURE
SPIE BATIGNOLLES GROUP
CONAIR GROUP INC.
CITÉ DE LA MUSIQUE – PHILHARMONIE DE PARIS PUBLIC ENTITY
AGENCE DU NUMERIQUE EN SANTE
BPIFRANCE ASSURANCE EXPORT
AGENCE France LOCALE
AGENCE DES PARTICIPATIONS DE L’ETAT
REUNION DES MUSEES NATIONAUX – GRAND PALAIS DES CHAMPS ELYSEES
CAISSE DES DÉPÔTS & CONSIGNATIONS
SOCIETE DU GRAND PARIS
LA FÉDÉRATION NATIONALE DE L’IMMOBILIER DU GRAND PARIS
SEITA (IMPERIAL TOBACCO GROUP)
- Assisted the French Central Bank with the construction of the Museum of Economics in Paris.
- Assisted the French State and the Ministry of Culture in the rehabilitation of Notre-Dame.
- Assisted SNCF with a control by the French Anticorruption Agency (AFA).
Led by Emmanuel Glaser, Veil Jourde’s team is retained by many of France’s leading public and private sector companies to advise on their most strategic regulatory matters, including representation before administrative courts. A stand-out feature is the group's experience in advising on some of the most recent important reforms in the rail sector, for example regarding the opening of the regional rail markets. In the energy sector, the practice is involved in high-profile proceedings dealing with regulated tariff issues. The practice also has a strong know-how in the media sector and in high-level public procurement work. Counsel Sandrine Perrotet also contributes.
Other key lawyers:
‘Leading technique and knowledge of French administrative laws which are very valuable to clients. The team is highly responsive and available.’
‘Emmanuel Glaser and counsel Sandrine Perrotet stand out through their ability to provide relevant advice on a wide range of subjects.’
Total Direct Energy (ex Direct Energy)
Conseil national du notariat
SNCF, SNCF Réseau, SNCF Mobilités
Compagnie nationale des Commissaires aux comptes (CNCC)
Association Française indépendante de l’électricité et du gaz (AFIEG)
Conseil national de l’ordre des vétérinaires (CNOV)
- Represented Canal+ in the ‘Touche pas à mon poste’ matter, securing invalidation of a decision by the Conseil supérieur de l’audiovisuel that had forbidden the client to broadcast advertisements for a limited time, as well as obtaining the payment of over €1m to the client because of the illegality of the interdiction.
- Advised SNCF Réseau on the adoption of new tariffs for access to rail infrastructure, including different contentious proceedings before the Autorité de régulation des transports (‘ART’) regarding the conformity of national legislation with EU law and the scope of competence of the ART.
- Advised the Association Française indépendante de l’électricité et du gaz (‘AFIEG’) on the application of a force majeure clause in old purchase agreements for nuclear energy, including representation in the different proceedings before the Conseil d’Etat, the Tribunal de commerce and the Cour d’appel de Paris, a landmark matter in its recognition of force majeure in the context of the Covid-19 crisis.
White & Case LLP added new star partner Jean-Luc Champy, formerly at Orrick Rambaud Martel, to its ranks in early 2020. As one of France’s top lawyers for large domestic projects and related litigation, Champy is sought after for a series of prominent French brownfield and greenfield projects alongside sponsors; including assisting clients with high-profile telecoms, road, airport and rail projects and concession contracts. Another area of strength are tender offers for offshore wind projects. In addition, Champy is handling highly sensitive contentious matters, involving extensive negotiations with the French state in relation to tax issues or abandonment of major projects in the motorway, airport and road sectors. Second partner François-Guilhem Vaissier is also recommended and notably handles construction and energy project work. Senior associate Quirec de Kersauson also deserves a mention.
Jean-Luc Champy; François-Guilhem Vaissier
Other key lawyers:
Quirec de Kersauson
‘Jean-Luc Champy is an excellent professional, particularly astute and imaginative in proposing effective and innovative solutions. His in-depth knowledge of concession contracts and his understanding of the issues are strong assets.’
‘The strength of this team is undoubtedly the great experience of Jean-Luc Champy.’
Société du Grand Paris
- Assisted Bouygues with its successful bid to develop the aquatic centre for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris.
- Advising Société du Grand Paris on the negotiation of conventions related to the interfaces of the Grand Paris Express with Ile-de-France Mobilities and RATP.
- Advising Transdev on the call for tender launched by Région Paca on the operation of railway transportation services, the first call for tender launched by a local authority relating to the opening to competition of regional railway transportation services in France.
AdDen avocats is a solid public law boutique firm that unites some 40 lawyers under its roof. The majority of the team is based in Paris, while the rest is spread across the Bordeaux, Lyon, Marseille, Nice and Nantes regional offices. The firm has top-level urban planning law expertise and is retained by leading developers to advise on highly strategic permits issues in relation to France’s largest retail and other real estate projects. Several landmark skyscraper renovation projects are included in the team's caseload. Elsa Sacksick is a superstar in that field. Also recommended are the experienced Laurent Férignac, Leïla Gosseye and Alexia Robbes, who advise on environment, urban planning and construction law matters. The practice notably assists public and private sector contractors with various building construction projects. Nicolas Nahmias is a key name for public procurement work, with a strong focus on public transport-related projects in the recent past. The other practice heads are Simon Daboussy, Jean-Joseph Giudicelli, Laurent Givord, Audrey Lebeau and Anne Davy.
Elsa Sacksick; Nicolas Nahmias; Laurent Férignac; Leïla Gosseye; Alexia Robbes; Simon Daboussy; Jean-Joseph Giudicelli; Laurent Givord; Audrey Lebeau; Anne Davy
‘In-depth urban planning law expertise.’
‘Elsa Sacksick demonstrates high-level urban planning law expertise. She is available, practical and currently engaged in several ongoing Parisian projects.’
‘High level legal technique and great grasp of concrete matters at hand. The team demonstrates high availability and perfectly adapts to clients’ requirements.’
The Olayan Group (represented by Chelsfield)
- Advised Icawood and its partners on environmental matters and urban planning as part of the project launch of ‘Arboretum’ low-carbon campus project, developing 126,000sqm in Nanterre La Défense.
- Advised Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield on urban planning and urban commercial planning as part of the disposal of a portfolio of five shopping centres in France to the joint venture formed by the client, Crédit Agricole Assurances and La Française, announced in February 2020.
- Assisted Hammerson with urban planning issues regarding the sale of a commercial asset of more than 80,000sqm in Paris : due diligence of planning and commercial development authorisations produced in data room.
Headed by Jacques Dabreteau, Ashurst LLP's team notably deals with public contract procurement, regulatory issues and related litigation. The practice regularly acts for governmental entities as well as leading public and private sector operators, notably in the energy and transport sectors. A recent notable work highlight was assisting the state entity in charge of the reconstruction of Notre-Dame de Paris. The group also offers experience in managing strategic litigation.
‘The team knows the client’s requirements and has developed tailored expertise over the years.’
‘Availability; reactivity; adaptability; perfect understanding of clients’ needs.’
‘The public law team, represented by Maître Dabreteau, has perfect expertise in the field of public business law. As such, the team has effective national and international expertise in the areas of public procurement and competition law.’
‘Maître Dabreteau has great qualities and very high expertise in the field of public law. He also has excellent interpersonal skills.’
‘Jacques Dabreteau is proactive in following up on cases, shows excellent responsiveness and provides a very good overview of cases beyond the sole legal and judicial topics.’
‘Very responsive and available team who knows how to make technical subjects accessible.’
‘The public and administrative has unfailing expertise on the issues we solicit them on. The team provides us with insights on all matters relating to public law as well as on related topics. They are able to find concrete and operational legal solutions to the problems we face. They are available, efficient and provide services that are highly appreciated.’
‘Jacques Dabreteau has consistently proven to be an outstanding lawyer. He has an expert and accurate view of the issues we have to deal with. He always seeks to develop legal consultations that fully meet expectations. He ensures that his analysis is based on tangible and relevant arguments. He has extensive expertise in concession contracts and is therefore a fantastic help to our department. Jacques stands out for his professionalism and cleverness on the most challenging issues.’
‘Great responsiveness and availability.’
French Minister of Transport
European Investment Bank
The Carlyle Group
P&O Ferries Holdings Limited
Robert Bosch France
- Advised the public entity in charge of the reconstruction of the cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris.
- Advised wpd Offshore on the development and financing of a 500MW offshore wind farm off the coast of Fécamp.
- Appointed by the French Ministry in charge of transport (Ministère de la Transition écologique) as its legal advisor on all its projects in relation to the development of freight transport intermodal services.
August Debouzy's team covers a broad array of issues: regulatory matters, public contracts and procurement, public domain, urban law, and litigation are all dealt with. The firm assists a wide range of big corporations, notably several blue-chip and start-up IT companies, notably with complex French, EU and international data law issues. Recently, the team has been particularly solicited for strategic assistance in relation to Covid-19 restrictions in France. Vincent Brenot and Emmanuelle Mignon co-head the practice, which also includes counsel Hélène Billery.
Vincent Brenot; Emmanuelle Mignon
Other key lawyers:
SNCF / SNCF Réseau /SNCF Mobilités
Apsys Beaugrenelle SAS / SNC Beaugrenelle Patrimoine
Province Nord de Nouvelle-Calédonie
- Advising Le Printemps Group on the successful challenge against the administrative shutdown of its flagship Le Printemps Haussmann at the end of the Covid crisis.
- Advising LVMH in the context of the structuring and negotiation with the French State of its supply of chirurgical masks and respirators.
- Representing France compétences before the Administrative Court of Paris in the context of an emergency proceeding against a major public contract in the professional training sector.
At Bredin Prat, Yann Aguila ’s team is retained by leading French and international private companies as well as by public sector entities and trade organisations to advise on strategic regulatory issues, including administrative litigation. With key clients from the transport and hospitality sector, the practice is well versed in challenging new national or local regulations on hospitality and transport rules. The team also regularly assists public sector companies and bodies with their reorganisation. Other work includes supporting the corporate team in M&A transactions involving public infrastructure or public law companies. General public law, including public contract law, is also available. Counsel Guillaume Froger is the other key member.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is very dynamic, responsive and impactful. It very quickly understood our challenges. The exchanges were fluid and efficient.’
‘Yann Aguila’s team provides a very detailed analysis of the situation, has an excellent understanding of the subject at hand and provides very good reactivity.’
Agence de la transition écologique (ADEME)
Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegacion Aérea (AENA)
Association française de l’immobilier locatif
CCI Paris Île-de-France
Conseil interprofessionnel du vin de Bordeaux (CIVB)
Défense Conseil International
Fédération des exportateurs de vins et spiritueux
Fédération des sociétés immobilières et foncières
Fédération française des vins d’apéritif (FFVA)
Union des maisons et des marques de vin
- Advising Airbnb on various public law matters, including the referendum project relating to the conditions of use of Airbnb in Paris.
- Advising COJO Paris 2024 on public law matters relating to Paris’s organization for the Olympic Games 2024.
- Advising FEVS on the possibility of legal actions against the French State for the compensation of damages suffered by the French wine industry due to French State measures and retaliation measures of the United States.
CMS' very frequently assists companies with state aid and subsidies-related litigation, including VAT issues concerning public projects. Claire Vannini, who also specialises in EU regulation work, is a key name in that respect. Through François Tenailleau, the team also advises private operators on public procurement projects and related litigation, including school and hospital building refurbishment projects. Christophe Barthélemy is retained by leading energy operators to assist with energy regulatory issues. Finally, Cendrine Delivré advises on infrastructure projects.
François Tenailleau; Claire Vannini; Christophe Barthélemy; Cendrine Delivré
‘An available team with high technical quality. Lawyers are close to clients and keen to meet their expectations, which allows them to adopt pragmatic positions.’
‘Cendrine Delivré has strong listening skills, shows promptness in proposing solutions, and her mastery of legal texts was of great use to us.’
‘We have been working mainly with Me Christophe Barthélemy. We appreciate both his skills and his very detailed knowledge of our market and its players. His contribution to a litigation file was decisive.’
‘Very good knowledge of the field of autonomous vehicles; great practice of project financing which places CMS among the expert firms in this field’.
SNCF Gares & Connexions & SNCF Réseau (French railway sector)
Caisse des dépôts et consignations (CDC) (French public institution)
La Banque Postale
Crédit Agricole Group
Total Raffinage France
Société d’exploitation des Ports du Détroit (operator of the ports of Boulogne-sur-Mer and Calais)
Axxès (Vinci/Eiffage joint-venture)
Aqua Club Exploitation
eBioSanté (joint-venture incorporated by Synlab Labco and Groupement des Laboratoires de Biologie Médicale)
Europe Energie Sud
Imagerie d’Epinal SA
Warwick Capital Partners LLP
- Represented Total Raffinage France in proceedings brought before the Conseil d’Etat and the French Conseil constitutionnel against the ministerial decree which discontinues the national aid scheme for the use of biofuels produced by palm oil.
- Assisted Warwick Capital Partners LLP and FII Co. with foreign investment litigation before the French administrative courts (tribunal administratif, cour administrative d’appel, Conseil d’Etat) regarding the decision of the French Minister of the Economy, Industry and Digital Affairs that authorised the company FII Co to acquire control of Porcher Industries.
- Represented Crédit Agricole in proceedings before French administrative courts against the French State, brought in order to obtain the reimbursement of subsidies granted by the French State to farmers in financial distress and that had been prefinanced by the bank, securing three successful judgments for the client.
De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés handles a good amount of public infrastructure work and is notably advising on major projects spanning various fields, including the telecoms, road and wider transport infrastructure sectors. A good amount of work is also done in France overseas’ territories where the firm is involved in several major infrastructure modernisation projects in French Guyana and New Caledonia. The practice also advises on public funding, urban law issues and has specific regulatory expertise in the health sector. Recently, the team was particularly sought after to handle urgent related Covid-19 situations in the transport and healthcare sectors. The client base consists of public sector clients and private companies. Frédéric Destal, Agnès Macaire and Gaïa Witz co-manage the practice. Louis de Gaulle also contributes.
Other key lawyers:
Collectivité Territoriale de Martinique
Caisse des dépôts et des consignations
Collectivité Territoriale de Guyane
Conseil Régional de la Réunion
Fédération Française du Transport de Personnes sur Route (FFTPR)
Gouvernement de la Nouvelle Calédonie
Ministry of Justice
The committee of planning of the 7th district of Paris (Septième arrondissement de Paris)
Deutsche Pfandbriefbank (PBB)
Société publique local d’aménagement numérique de la Guyane
Province Sud Nouvelle-Calédonie
Gouvernement de Wallis et Futuna
Association des amis du Champs de Mars
- Advised the Ministry of Justice on the refinancing of two public and private partnership contracts (PPP) related to prison facilities entered into in 2012 (Lot A and Lot B) between the Ministry of Justice and Helios A and Helios B.
- Advised the Communauté d’agglomération Cayenne Centre littoral on launching the tender process for the construction and operation of new bus lines.
- Advised the Collectivité Territoriale de Guyane on the construction and operation of a ferry.
De Pardieu Brocas Maffei’s Christine Le Bihan-Graf is highly regarded for her high-level regulatory expertise. She advises leading names in the transport and energy fields, such as Enedis and RATP, on their most challenging regulatory issues, including landmark matters such as privatisation and the opening of markets to competition processes. The practice also handles energy and infrastructure project work in France, leveraging its strong complementary project finance expertise. Leading public and private sector operators are clients. Counsel Laure Rosenblieh also contributes.
Christine Le Bihan-Graf
Other key lawyers:
CAISSE DES DEPOTS ET CONSIGNATIONS
CONSEIL DU COMMERCE DE FRANCE
ELECTRICITE DE STRASBOURG
- Advising La SAUR, French longstanding water services leader, on the sale of its minority share on the capital of Electricité de Mayotte to the fund Quaero Capital.
- Advising Veolia, a global leader in optimized resource management, on the setting-up of a solution for enhancing electrical flexibility, called Flexcity, based on the knowledge and the technology of Actility.
- Advising Enedis, the French Electricity Distribution System Operator, on the framework of a priority constitutional question before the French Constitutional Court.
DS Avocats stands out through its excellent urban planning law expertise. The practice assists major public sector entities undertaking ambitious urban private and public development and district revitalisation projects. The deep bench, based mainly in the Paris office and also in Lyon, means that the group is able to cover a large range of public law issues, including public contract work. The Paris-based Frédéric Lévy and Lyon office managing partner Jean-Marc Poisson co-chair the practice, which also includes key members Monique Ambal, David Guillot, Laura Ceccarelli-Le Guen, Michaël Moussault and Nathalie Sultan. The hiring of Stéphane Gasne from Pinsent Masons LLP in June 2020 should strengthen the firm’s project and infrastructure practice.
Frédéric Lévy; Jean-Marc Poisson
Other key lawyers:
Monique Ambal; David Guillot; Laura Ceccarelli-Le Guen; Michaël Moussault; Nathalie Sultan; Stéphane Gasne
‘Highly responsive and practical. Nathalie Sultan demonstrates strong listening skills. She can adapt to every situation and is very available’.
Société de Livraison des Ouvrages Olympiques (SOLIDEO)
SPL Plaine Commune Développement
Conseil régional de la Réunion
- Advising the Olympic Work Delivery Company (SOLIDEO) on planning the delivery of various works and development needed as part of the preparation of the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Assisted the city of Boulogne-Billancourt with adapting urban planning rules and issuing building permits on Seguin Island, in particular on the site intended to accommodate a major 130,000sqm commercial real estate programme carried by the DBS group, which includes Vinci Immobilier.
- Assisting EPA MARNE and EPA France with the urban development of Marne la Vallée.
FTPA’s team combines excellent public procurement, regulatory and litigation expertise. The firm is recommended for complex work and assists a prominent client base of public and private operators. Highly strategic public procurement projects in the rail sector are a key line of work. Other work includes a key project in the space sector and a strong caseload in the art and culture sector. The team was recently mandated to advise on the reconstruction of a landmark public building. Raphaël Crespelle is highly recommended.
‘Mastery of the specificities of administrative law; good ability to identify legal and contextual arguments; high availability of partners and collaborators; ability to listen to the client and convince it based on legal recommendations; immediate and good apprehension of business issues and integration of constraints and strategies.’
‘Very meticulous monitoring of cases with good anticipation of needs and deadlines; ability to identify new legal arguments and sense of priorities in the preparation of cases.’
‘The firm has always responded with pragmatism and made it possible, within tight deadlines, to find the most appropriate solutions.’
‘Precise advice and always adapted.’
‘A reactive team (especially during the pandemic), complementary and supportive associates who work harmoniously and effectively together.’
‘ Lawyers fully involve their clients in the thinking process and in finding solutions.’
‘The team has a very good knowledge of our contractual practice which allows it to give reactive advice and to have a fair appreciation of risks.’
‘Raphaël Crespelle has very good knowledge of our practice, our problems and our specific challenges.’
‘A leading firm in the field of advice and litigation.’
‘We can only persist in recommending the public law team remarkably led by Maître Raphaël Crespelle. The qualities of this team, made up of Maître Raphaël Crespelle and Maître Ludovic Alamargot are as follows: excellent responsiveness, attention and availability.’
‘The firm demonstrates a high degree of reliability both in the field of legal advice and in litigation; this team is attentive to developing the best strategies in close collaboration with the client; they are clever tacticians. This team is always attentive to provide solutions to problems that arise. The customer benefits from legal certainty which gives it a lot of comfort. Maître Raphaël Crespelle, thanks to his long practice in contract law and public procurement, is a recognised expert in this field. He competently and efficiently leads a high-quality, remarkably efficient team.’
Gibson Dunn is regularly retained by leading companies from various industries, including the transport and insurance sector, to assist with complex regulatory issues. The team regularly handles regulatory litigation before administrative courts and also assists clients with their relations with various regulatory bodies. The French State, governmental bodies as well as state-owned and private entities rely on the practice for assistance with strategic matters, such as privatisations and other major projects. Practice head Nicolas Baverez and of counsels Nicolas Autet and Maïwenn Beas are recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Nicolas Autet; Maïwenn Beas
Goutal Alibert & Associés
Public law boutique Goutal Alibert & Associés solely advises public sector entities. The 30-lawyer boutique has a prominent client base that includes leading metropolises, regions and cultural institutions as well as foreign states. The practice has excellent know-how in large-scale construction and infrastructure projects. Ethics and criminal law matters in the public sector are also part of the group's portfolio of expertise. Yvon Goutal and Florence Alibert co-head the practice which includes twelve partners, including Elisa Corazza, Nathalie Kaczmarczyk and Mounia Idrissi who were in the 2020 partners’ promotion round.
Yvon Goutal; Florence Alibert
Etat de Monaco
Métropole du Grand Paris
Musée du Quai Branly
Centre George Pompidou
Région Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
- Assisted Métropole du Grand Paris with the financing, construction and exploitation of the new Olympic Aquatic centre, including dealing with public procurement ligation.
- Assisted the Principauté de Monaco with its extension project over sea water.
- Assisted Région Sud Paca with managing disputes with SNCF MOBILITES regarding the regional transport network agreement.
Joffe & Associés assists major public sector operators as well as local entities and major private companies. Headed by Mathieu Gaudemet, the practice has solid expertise in public contracts, urban planning, state aid and regulatory matters. The team is handling highly strategic work in the transport sector, notably in the rail sector, and shoulders a busy litigation caseload.
SNCF MOBILITES / CONTRAT STIF
AÉROPORTS DE PARIS
CLUB MED SAS
GIP SANTÉ NUMÉRIQUE HAUTS DE FRANCE
FCC MEDIO AMBIENTE SA
- Assisted SNCF Voyageurs’ Transilien branch with the renegotiation with STIF of the operating agreement for all IDF rail links for 2020-2023.
- Assisted SNCF Réseau with the implementation of the next wave of legislative reforms proposed by President Macron for the French railway sector.
- Assisted SNCF Voyageurs with renegotiating thousands of kilometres of railway line rental contracts with regional authorities.
King & Spalding LLP has built a strong reputation for regulatory litigation initiated against the French state or challenging new regulation before the French administrative courts and the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). In that area, the firm is notably representing key client and oil company Vermilion in a series of high-profile disputes regarding hydrocarbons permits issues and the implementation of a new law putting an end to hydrocarbons exploration and exploitation in France. Other work includes healthcare-related matter and high-profile infrastructure projects. Counsel Ruxandra Lazar deserves all praises.
‘Ruxandra Lazar is always available, insightful and straight to the point. She is never short of solutions and is a real expert in French hydrocarbon regulations. Very pleasant contact.’
‘King & Spalding’s public and administrative law team is dynamic and highly responsive. They have extensive and in-depth knowledge of their files. Their approach to clients is very personalised; they adapt to each of them and offer the best guarantees of quality service.’
‘Ruxandra Lazar is an excellent lawyer. In particular, her knowledge of mining law is very thorough. Very responsive, she quickly understands the challenges of the files entrusted to her and knows how to adapt to each of her clients.’
‘Accurate and personal support without pushing for the consumption of fees.’
‘High-level legal advice by seeking the best compromise with the minimum risk for the client.’
Maurel & Prom
Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas
- Represented Vermillion in litigation relating to hydrocarbon permits and concessions and the implementation of the law ending hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation in France.
- Represented the Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas in a proceeding against the French State before the European Court of Human Rights.
- Advised a client on the French law aspects in the context of international arbitration in relation to the termination of an infrastructure concession agreement.
Lacourte Raquin Tatar's team has high-level urban planning law expertise which nicely completes the firm’s leading real estate practice. The team assists leading many French and international property developers undertaking large property development projects, such as major urban district modernisations, developments and office building renovations. It successfully represented Altarea Cogedim which was selected to work on two large Grand Paris new urban projects. Practice head Vincent Guinot and counsel Anne-Laure Gauthier are recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘Responsiveness and mastery of subjects; fluidity of exchanges.’
‘Very good knowledge of public law to deal with complex real estate transactions involving local authorities or public establishments.’
Allianz Real Estate
LaSalle Investment Management
- Advising the DBS group on the realisation of an operation of 130,000sqm of office space in the central part of Ile Seguin in Boulogne.
- Advised Gecina on the redevelopment of the Tour Ibox, opposite the Gare de Lyon station, including assistance with necessary administrative authorisations.
The team at LPA-CGR avocats has stellar expertise in the fields of urban planning law and renewable energy regulatory matters, often involving landmark mandates. The highly prominent client base includes leading property investors and developers as well as prestigious luxury goods brands who seek out the group's expertise in diverse authorisation and permits issues linked to ambitious real estate projects; often in collaboration with the firm’s real estate practice. Outside of real estate projects, the team was involved in the telecoms sector disputes regarding the installation of antennas. Partner Hélène Cloëz is an absolute star in the urban planning law sphere. The large team also has expertise in various other areas such as public law contracts, smart cities and eco-neighbourhoods projects. Fabrice Cassin and Hélène Gelas are highly recommended.
Fabrice Cassin; Hélène Cloëz; Hélène Gelas
‘The team has unique experience in administrative litigation, particularly in regards to renewable, wind and solar energy projects. They have been advising their clients in these areas for over twenty years and have a perfect understanding of the regulations and their evolution.’
‘Fabrice Cassin and counsel Yaël Cambus are well experienced in the sector. They provide quality analyses and anticipate well developments in case law. Good understanding of client issues.’
‘The LPA-CGR team in public law has very detailed knowledge of the sector and the challenges regarding renewable energies. Its members have a great capacity to understand the problems of project development and to help remove the multiple administrative obstacles encountered.’
‘Fabrice Cassin has remarkable sector knowledge. His personal involvement in renewable energies and the breadth of cases he has handled for over 20 years make him, in my opinion, one of the most experienced public lawyers in the field.’
‘Availability, adaptability, good listening and in-depth industry knowledge.’
Fnac / Darty
ADP (Aéroports de Paris)
- Advised several clients, including GECINA, on operations to transform existing real estate assets into new forms of use such as co-living or co-working, including assistance with the related tax issues.
- Assisted several clients with the offshore wind calls for tender concerning the largest wind projects in France, including advice on issues concerning the occupation of the public domain.
McDermott Will & Emery AARPI‘s team is recognised for its strong regulatory expertise. The firm notably acts for leading private and public operators in the energy, telecoms, airport and public transport sectors, assisting clients with their strategic issues, including litigation and public procurement work. In recent work, the practice advised Aéroports de Paris on major public procurement work, and acted for Engie and its subsidiaries in regulatory matters and the renewal of hydroelectric concessions issues in France. Other areas of strength are the setting up of funds and companies and in public law assistance in the context of M&A transactions. Sabine Naugès and Laurent Ayache co-head the practice.
Sabine Naugès; Laurent Ayache
‘The team has very specialised competence in public law, an exceptional quality of writing, and a great ability to understand operational and financial issues.’
‘Perfect knowledge of the files, and highly responsive and proactive.’
‘The team has leading expertise in public law and regulatory law, particularly in the energy sector. Its skills in the areas of public contracts and concessions should be emphasised. The team also demonstrates excellent responsiveness and availability.’
‘Laurent Ayache is an excellent advisor on strategic issues affecting regulated sectors and public procurement law. His knowledge and experience, particularly in the hydropower sector, are extremely valuable.’
Orange and its subsidiaries (Orange Marine, Orange RDC, …)
Engie and its galaxy (SHEM, Climespace, GRDF)
Groupe Action Logement
Aéroports de Paris (ADP)
IPC Petroleum (ex-Lundin), Geopetrol and BridgeOil
Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie du Var
- Advising Orange as chief legal advisor on matters of French and EU public law, including on a dispute before the Council of State, in support of the ARCEP (Autorité de Régulation des Communications Electroniques, des Postes et de la Distribution de la Press) which acted opposite virtual mobile network operator Coriolis.
- Assisted Engie with a dispute brought before the Council of State to defend the legality of the merger of two hydroelectric concessions of SHEM – the two power plants of Marèges and Saint-Pierre-de-Marèges – in a single concession with an installed capacity of 304MW ending in 2048.
- Advised Tencent on mobilising its European donation of emergency medical devices and personal protective equipment in the fight against COVID-19.
PARME Avocats can put forward large resources with 26 public law experts who advise major cities, regions and other public sector entities, leading engineering companies and other private sector operators. The practice has strong public law contract expertise and regularly advises on major public procurement and PPP projects. Recent matters, such as assisting the French State with the refinancing of the new Paris courthouse, exemplify the team's popularity. The practice also has good urban planning and construction expertise, with construction and rehabilitation projects of major public infrastructure such as train stations a core part of this line of work. Another busy area are projects in the energy sector. The practice is headed by Xavier Matharan, and also includes key partners: Mathieu Noel, Emmanuel Guillini, Karine Hennette-Jaouen, Ludovic Cuzzi and Tony Janvier.
Other key lawyers:
Mathieu Noel; Emmanuel Guillini; Karine Hennette-Jaouen; Ludovic Cuzzi; Tony Janvier
DEMATHIEU & BARD
DÉPARTEMENT DES BOUCHES DU RHÔNE
DEPARTEMENT DE LA HAUTE SAVOIE
METROPOLE DE DIJON
GENERALI REAL ESTATE
IEM (GROUPEMENT INTERMARCHE)
IRSN (INSTITUT DE RADIOPROTECTION ET DE SURETE NUCLEAIRE)
KAUFMAN & BROAD
LE CIEL DE PARLY
VILLE DE MARSEILLE
MINISTÈRE DES AFFAIRES ETRANGERES
MINISTÈRE DE L’ÉCOLOGIE
MINISTERE DE L’INTERIEUR
MINISTERE DE LA JUSTICE
REGION HAUTS DE FRANCE
REGION ILE DE FRANCE
REGION AUVERGNE RHONE ALPES
VILLE DE RUNGIS
UNIVERSITÉ CLAUDE BERNARD
- Advised EDF-PEI on the creation of a thermal power plant in Guyana and in Corsica.
- Assisted Paprec Group with the construction of two methanisation units.
- Assisted the Departmental Council of Haute Savoie with the construction of a funicular railway.
Racine demonstrates high-level urban-planning law expertise. The firm assists major companies and leading developers undertaking major land and property development projects, with recent examples including several projects around Paris’ main airports and an ambitious industrial farming project in the North of France. In addition, the practice also offers strong general public law and public contract expertise, acting for both public and private sector entities. Finally, the firm also advises on energy regulatory matters. The practice is co-headed by Thierry Gallois and Sylvain Bergès in Paris alongside Damien Richard and 2020’s newly promoted partner Anthony Bichelonne in Lyon.
Thierry Gallois; Sylvain Bergès; Damien Richard; Anthony Bichelonne
‘A dynamic and very responsive team, with a simple and effective approach to client relations.’
‘Very accessible and responsive partners, in particular Sylvain Bergès. He is very business-oriented and is always looking for an efficient solution.’
‘Very strong team.’
Grand Nancy Thermal
Edouard Denis group
- Assisted DEME Group (Dredging, Environmental and Marine Engineering NV) with its participation in a consultation launched by a region for a public service concession for the planning, operation, management and development of a commercial port entrusted to a SEMOP.
- Advised Grand Nancy Thermal Développement on the renovation of the Nancy thermal baths as part of a public service delegation-concession.
- Assisted Aviapartner, an independent provider of airports ground handling services, with various disputes regarding the occupation of airport public domain.
Boutique firm Schmitt Avocats is the partner of choice for several of France’s leading private sector companies thanks to its high-level public law contract expertise and track record of advising on the awarding of prominent public procurement contracts, for example in the defence, transport, energy and healthcare sectors. The advisory practice is matched by excellent contentious expertise, including experience in high-stakes performance contract litigation proceedings. Olivier Schmitt, Antoine Tabouis, Elias Berkani and Romain Douineau are very experienced partners. In addition, Emmanuel Bachelier leads the public real estate law practice and assists leading developers undertaking ambitious public or private sector land development projects.
Olivier Schmitt; Emmanuel Bachelier
‘Great experience in public law. Highly available’.
‘Always available, efficient and user-friendly. An impeccable litigation track record’.
‘Excellent knowledge of marchés publics’.
‘Elias Berkani has great listening skills. He answers issues at hand in a clear manner and anticipates future potential obstacles. He is practical, flexible and extremely reliable.’
‘Olivier Schmitt, Antoine Tabouis, Emmanuel Bachelier and associate Julie Mendes-Bataille are all excellent professionals.’
‘Olivier Schmitt and Emmanuel Bachelier are very available, highly responsive and highly knowledgeable.’
AEW EUROPE / AEW CILOGER
AG REAL ESTATE
BAYER HEALTHCARE FRANCE
CENTRE NATIONAL D’ÉTUDES SPATIALES (CNES)
CFI – COMPAGNIE FRANCAISE D’INFORMATIQUE – CFI GROUPE
COVIVIO (ex-Foncière des Régions)
CRÉDIT AGRICOLE IMMOBILIER
DÉPÔTS PÉTROLIERS DE FOS (DPF)
LES DOCKS DES PÉTROLES D’AMBÈS (DPA)
GLAXOSMITHKLINE (GSK) FRANCE
GROUPE CHARLES ANDRÉ (GCA) – GCA SUPPLY – NOVATRANS
IVECO FRANCE (CNH INDUSTRIAL group, ex-FIAT INDUSTRIAL group)
LES PETITS CHAPERONS ROUGES (LPCR) – GROUPE GRANDIR
PAUL RICARD S.A.
RAFFINERIE DU MIDI – ENTREPÔTS PÉTROLIERS DE LYON (EPL)
- Advised THALES group on the consequences of the Covid-19 epidemic on the performance of its public procurement contracts, notably in the defence & security sector.
- Advised TOTAL on its participation in the ongoing award procedure led by the City of Paris of a ten-years concession contract for the provision of a new and large network of recharging points for electric cars in Paris.
- Represented COVIVIO in the expropriation procedure, particularly the question of the expropriation compensation, regarding the creation of the line ‘CDG Express’.
Seban & Associés
Seban & Associés exclusively acts for public sector entities, including the French state and many of France’s largest regions, departments, cities and ports. The firm's 80-strong lawyer team provide public, private and criminal law expertise through its main office in Paris and its nine regional offices. The firm also stands out for its ability to provide high-level expertise in the full spectrum of public law, spanning notably public law contracts, urban planning, financing of local entities, and public official law. During the first Covid-19 lockdown, the firm acted for local public entities facing challenges in the running of public services. The energy, transport, internet infrastructure and project sectors are particularly busy areas of work, but the practice is also active in several major public housing and urban renovation projects. The team is co-headed by founding partner Didier Seban, Marie-Hélène Pachen-Lefèvre, Thomas Rouveyran, Guillaume Gauch, Alexandre Vandepoorter, Lorène Carrère, Aloïs Ramel, Solenne Daucé and Philippe Guellier.
Marie-Hélène Pachen-Lefèvre; Thomas Rouveyran; Guillaume Gauch; Alexandre Vandepoorter; Lorène Carrère; Aloïs Ramel; Solenne Daucé; Philippe Guellier
- Advised Cerema on the new LOM law regulation.
- Advised Région des Pays de la Loire on the opening of the regional railway lines (TER) to competition.
Sekri Valentin Zerrouk
Sekri Valentin Zerrouk ’s Yamina Zerrouk runs a solid practice which assists many leading public and private companies, as well as public local entities and several big law firms. The team is able to deal with a wide range of issues, spanning public law contract, environmental law, urban planning and regulatory issues. It has particular expertise in advising on the restructuring of public law companies, including privatisation work. The group's track record includes strategic work in the transport sector, the management of a series of disputes relating to public procurement issues, and major retail and real estate projects such as advising French elite school Sciences Po on the acquisition and rehabilitation of the Hôtel de l’Artillerie as its new future campus.
CORSICA COMMERCIAL CENTER
UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP
- Represented Agfa Healthcare before the administrative court of Amiens in proceedings brought to obtain the cancellation of a €2m public procurement contract awarded to Medasys Med by the Groupement Hospitalier Public Sud de l’Oise.
- Assisted Campari with the sale of its 13.5 hectares villa Les Cèdres located in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat with regard to urban planning, heritage and environmental protection regulations.
- Assisted Corsica Linea in a litigation resulting from the transfer of the shipping service between France and Corsica, formerly operated by SNCM.
Taylor Wessing has a strong focus on assisting sponsors and lenders with French greenfield and brownfield infrastructure projects, often alongside the firm’s financing practice. The team is often mandated to deal with small and medium-sized projects, but also regularly secures larger mandates. The setting up of broadband internet networks in various parts of the country for Altitude Infrastructure accounts for a significant portion of the caseload. The practice is also involved in several public building construction projects. It was retained by the French state to assist with the awarding of a PPP regarding the construction of entre Pompidou Museum’s future storage and creation centre. Practice head Sophie Pignon, who is also active in several projects in Africa, is highly recommended.
Vauban Infrastructure Partners
Département du Nord
NGE and Altitude Infrastructure
Voies naviguables de France
Aéroports de Côte d’Azur
Région Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur
- Advising Altitude Infrastructure on five different transactions for the award of a public service delegation relating to the financing, design, construction, operation and marketing of a high-speed communication network.
- Advising Mirova (BTP Impact Local, CIF II, FIDEPPP 2 and MCIF) on the acquisition of a stake in Axione and on the acquisition’s partial financing.
- Advising Société Générale on the financing of the special purpose company Covage Calvados, holder of a high-speed communication network (THD) concession contract in the Department of Calvados.
Aramis advises major French public and private sector companies, including top names in the energy and rail sectors, as well as international groups and local public sector entities. Headed by Etienne Amblard, the team has strong public procurement expertise, with a track record of advising on several key projects in the transport and telecoms sectors. The team also has strong litigation know-how and is notably dealing with several large public procurement disputes. Finally, the practice also provides regulatory guidance and is handling a series of strategic matters in French Polynesia, especially in the telecoms and post sectors. Associate Kévyn Gillet also deserves a mention.
Other key lawyers:
‘Aramis has a deep understanding of our business practices. Aramis’ approach is very personalised so it saves time and money. Aramis keeps you informed about any relevant legal changes and new rules linked to our business.’
‘Etienne Amblard’s advice is sharp and gets to the point. He is a true valuable legal partner for a company.’
‘Etienne Amblard has high-level technique able to solve the most complex legal issues. He has great work ethics.’
Caisse des dépôts et consignations
Syndicat mixte Autolib’
Tunnel Euralpin Lyon Turin
Emovis (Abertis group)
Office des postes et télécommunications de Polynésie française
- Represented SAVM in a flagship litigation related to ‘the Autolib’ concession termination (electric car sharing program).
- Advised RTE (French public operator dealing with electricity transportation) on a strategical artificial intelligence project.
- Represented Carrefour in a dispute with a strong strategical/financial stake before administrative Court against the French Ministry of Economy regarding(administrative fines imposed in application of new regulations on relations between retailers and suppliers.
BCTG Avocats excels at advising and defending urban planning and environment law permits pertaining to large scale onshore and offshore wind projects in France. The firm is currently handling high-stakes related litigation in relation to several of France’s largest renewable energy projects. Headed by Paul Elfassi, the team also has strong regulatory law expertise, especially in the renewables energy sector. Finally, the practice also has good public law expertise, with advisory and contentious work in relation to various public procurement contracts key parts of the caseload, including port, hospital and waste treatment infrastructure contracts. Counsel Nelsie Bergès is also involved.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very responsive and professional. The team has highly effective knowledge and experience of administrative and public law energy projects.’
‘Tailored services and great support on renewable energy projects.’
‘Great litigation expertise: a high rate of success’.
‘Very high-level quality team.’
‘Paul Elfassi and Nelsie Bergès are knowledgeable, experienced and available.’
‘Paul Elfassi is highly responsive, calm and cool-tempered. He provides clear and practical advice.’
GROUPE EDF RENOUVELABLES
VSB ENERGIES NOUVELLES
- Successfully assisted EDF Group and Endbridge with the litigation associated to the three offshore windfarm projects awarded after the first State tender (St Nazaire, Fécamp and Courseulles-sur-mer) since eight years.
- Acted for Eolien Maritime France in the financing of the offshore windfarm off the coast of Fécamp, with an installed capacity of 497MW.
Bersay is retained by numerous public local entities across France to advise on tender offers pertaining to large-scale internet broadband and telecoms infrastructure public procurement projects. Headed by Martin Tissier, the practice is involved in several large-scale projects and related litigation in this space. General public law expertise is also available.
‘First hand knowledge of public actors and local public service operators. The legal advice provided allowed a tailor-made approach to each project, adapted to each territory.’
‘Mastery of the environment of public business law.’
Syndicat Mixte Gers Numérique
Département de l’Yonne
Caisse des dépôts et consignations
Département du Loiret
Collectivité de Corse
SMO Paca THD
- Represented Arteria in litigation between Arteria and Manche Numérique regarding an IRU (indefeasible right of use) contract of its fibre optic in the Manche area in France.
- Advised the Syndicat Mixte Gers Numérique on the award of a 25-years concession contract by SMO GERS Numérique, a public body comprising local authorities (Region and Municipalities), to build and operate a fibre optic network with a 100 000 FttH home pass in the South of France.
- Advised CDC Habitat on the award of a 15/20 years concession contract by CDC HABITAT to build and operate a car charging infrastructure in its housing stock across France.
DLA Piper has solid public procurement law expertise. The practice advises high-profile sponsors, lenders and public bodies on the awarding of major contracts in a broad range of sectors, including contracts for telecoms infrastructure and contracts for the construction of facilities for clients from the university, defense and healthcare sectors. The team is currently managing several files dealing with performance issues of past public law contracts. It also provides regulatory expertise. Jérôme Pentecoste and Pascal Martin co-head the team.
Jérôme Pentecoste; Pascal Martin
Ville de Paris
Free Mobile/ Iliad
Vinci Construction France
- Advising VCF on several complex public contracts, including the stage of procurement, financing and execution contingencies (global performance contracts, PPPs, concessions).
- Advised ACOSS on all of its economic and financial public law issues.
- Advised Normandy Region and its SEM SAPHYN, guarantor of the borrowers subscribed by CYCHLAD and NHA, on the construction and operation of an innovative cancer hadron therapy treatment centre.
Eversheds Sutherland (France) LLP ‘s key public law partner Bruno Richard is very experienced in advising public and private sector clients and has strong public law contract expertise. He is handling several challenging public procurement disputes in the urban transport and telecoms areas, including one matter in New Caledonia. Other work includes a major dispute pertaining to a prominent real estate project. Jacques Bouillon and of counsel François Lichère, are also recommended. Louis-Narito Harada left the firm in mid-2021.
Other key lawyers:
Jacques Bouillon; François Lichère
‘Great ability to work on complex transactions, particularly in the field of public transport and urban planning.’
‘I work with Bruno Richard who is a talented and experienced lawyer who distinguished himself by his good pragmatism, culture and humor.’
‘An attentive team with a perfect knowledge of the challenges and practices in public procurement law. The team is a valuable partner both in setting up complex cases and in litigation.’
‘Bruno Richard combines a perfect knowledge of legal matters and of various sectors, such as public transport in particular. He demonstrates a valuable availability and a perfect mastery of legal issues. His practice of mediation makes him a regular partner in dispute resolution.’zt
Eaton Power Quality
- Representing SNC Lavalin, the Canada-based global engineering and construction group, on the management of a complex litigation matter linked to the termination of a public-private partnership for the construction of a museum in Nogent sur Seine.
- Advising Agence Française de Développement on the legal environment across six countries relating to renewable energy in the context of the One Planet Summit.
- Representing Vent d’Est, the France-based wind developer, on several matters related to the development of wind parks at the intersection of public procurement, town planning, regulatory and energy law.
FIDAL assists public local entities as well as sponsors and private operators. The team is able to provide a broad array of expertise and is particularly recommended for its urban planning law expertise which earned it mandates on several major urban renovation projects in Paris and Marseille. Another area of strength are public law contracts, with major sports infrastructure projects featuring i nthe caseload. Jean-Sébastien Oriou chairs the practice. Also recommended are: Cécile Fontaine, Arnaud Charvin and Laetitia Santoni , who particularly stands out for urban planning law projects. Hugues de La Forge contributeshis experience in African infrastructure projects, especially transport-related matters.
Other key lawyers:
Cécile Fontaine; Arnaud Charvin; Laetitia Santoni; Hugues de La Forge
‘Good listening skills; thoroughness and capacity for innovation.’
Vinci Construction DOM-TOM
DEMATHIEU BARD IMMOBILIER
VILLE DE PARIS
Caisse des depots et consignation
Ville de Saint Denis
Ville de Versailles
Société du Grand Paris
Governement of Ivory Coast
- Advised the consortium consisting of Engie, Suez; La Poste and Vyv on the design and realisation of the smart territory project of Angers Loire Metropole.
- Advised the City of Paris in the context of a global performance public contract for the design, construction, maintenance and technical operation of an arena comprising a multifunctional hall whose purpose is to host high-level national and international sporting competitions as well as performances and concerts.
- Advised the consortium of Vinci, Engie and UCPA on a public service concession for the design, realisation and operation of the Olympic Aquatic Center in Saint Denis.
Franklin‘s team has a strong focus on advising major public and private operators on regulatory issues pertaining to the telecoms and energy sectors. The team handles the public law and regulatory aspects of major transactions and is well versed in litigation. Finally, the team also provides assistance with urban planning law and public procurement law, both in France and abroad. Jérôme Michel is in charge.
‘Responsive team. Good understanding of our topics and flexible approach.’
‘Very good responsiveness and good professionalism, high-level expertise.’
‘Jérôme Michel is always very available and accessible, perfectly perceives the expectations of his clients and the context of the case submitted to him, so as to provide an optimal legal and commercial response.’
‘Very available team, with an excellent command of administrative law, and in particular in public business law. Perfect knowledge of the industry challenges faced by its clients and of the functioning of local communities.’
‘Jérôme Michel is very responsive, very available, has a great ability to listen and analyse, which allows him to be effective in his advice. Very good knowledge of the challenges and industry constraints of his clients.’
‘Jerome Michel is available and business-oriented.’
- Advising Enedis on a particularly large joint litigation throughout France, relating to the installation of Linky smart meters.
- Advising Keolis on public law regulations, including on public procurement, public service concession and infrastructure project issues for the regional express train project to be operated from Dakar, Senegal.
- Advised SFR Group on the public law and regulatory aspects of its sale to US-based investment firm, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR), of a 49.99% stake in SFR’s TowerCo (valued at €3.6bn).
Genesis Avocats' team advises a prominent client base made up of private developers and retailers, contractors and various other private sector companies and public sector entities. Several key projects in the transport and hospitals sectors in French overseas territories, such as La Réunion and Guadeloupe, feature in the caseload, including a seaport and harbour redevelopment project. Marie-Yvonne Benjamin is the key contact on those aspects. Isabelle Cassin is recognised for her excellent urban planning law advisory and litigation expertise and offers experience in handling landmark projects from the retail, tourism, as well as sports sector.
Marie-Yvonne Benjamin; Isabelle Cassin
Syndicat Mixte des Transports du Douaisis
Centre Hopital Universitaire de Guadaloupe
Office Public de l’Habitat 17 (La Rochelle)
EEASM – Etablissement des Eaux et de l’Assainissement de Saint-Martin (Guadaloupe)
COMMUNE ET COMMUNAUTE DE COMMUNES DE GIEN
Commune de GRIMAUD
PIERRE & VACANCES
- Advised Paris Habitat, the public office of housing and major players in social housing in Paris, on planning and development issues, including representation in several disputes regarding planning and construction operations in Paris.
- Advised EEASM Saint Martin on water and sanitation concessions, including monitoring of contracts and support in monitoring disputes.
- Advised the Office Public de l’Habitat La Rochelle on several major social housing construction projects.
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP is recommended for its solid project and public procurement expertise. The practice regularly assists sponsors with public infrastructure projects spanning various sectors, including the aviation sector where the group is experienced in major public tenders for the expansion and upgrade of airports. The practice also provides regulatory assistance, notably in the context of corporate and finance transactions in the energy and telecoms sectors. Finally, the group also handles litigation, with particularly strong experience in advising on public projects and related litigation in Africa. Christophe Lefort and of counsel Mathias Dantin co-head the practice.
Christophe Lefort; Mathias Dantin
‘Extremely responsive and available team to deal with urgent matters. A highly developed international network, they have effectively supported us on numerous issues not only in France but also elsewhere. Special attention is paid by this firm to regulatory updates.’
‘Mathias Dantin provides exceptional follow-up and responsiveness. He has a very methodical approach to cases, and presents an excellent balance of legal technical knowledge and the commercial approach that one can have with clients. His international experience is also very different compared to other firms with which we work.’
‘Very efficient, available, professional.’
‘The plural and transversal skills of Christophe Lefort’s team provide real added value in the management of our files. Attentive to requests, they are perfectly responsive. The team is able to produce high-level analyses as quickly as possible on new and structuring subjects for the company.’
‘Christophe Lefort, Mathias Dantin and Artem Soloshchenkov form a real team, united, competent and very professional.’
‘Excellent knowledge of the sector and its legal risks. The due diligence carried out by the firm is complete, clear and detailed. They make it possible to invest fully knowing the various risks. Having a good knowledge of the sector, the team proposes intelligent solutions which make it possible to move projects forward.’
‘Excellent knowledge of the market and the issues we may encounter. Great availability. Efficiency in negotiations. Relevant and in-depth analyses of all potential legal risks.’
CEETRUS / SEMOP Gare du nord
Croatian Ministry of Public Works and Maritime Affairs
Colonial First State Group
Q-Park France SAS
- Advising a confidential bidder on the potential acquisition of Covage SAS.
- Advising a confidential bidding consortium on the Nantes-Atlantique and Saint Nazaire Montoir airports concession project, including the financing, design, expansion/upgrading, operation and maintenance of the two airports.
- Advising the Croatian Ministry of Public Works and Maritime Affairs on the negotiation of amendment N°6 to the concession agreement between the Republic of Croatia (as Grantor) and Bina Istra (a JV between Bouygues Construction and several state owned shareholders) relating to the financing and construction of a new section of the ‘Y’ highway.
Klein Wenner’s practice offers in-depth public procurement expertise. The team, which has a strong presence in the defence industry, regularly assists with the negotiation of public procurement contracts on behalf of major defence and armament companies. Recently, it also provided key support in dealing with public contract suspension, renewable and renegotiation issues linked to the Covid-19 pandemic, for example acting for a major airport-handling operator. Regulatory, defence secrecy and litigation are other areas of strength. Eve Derouesné and Marc Sénac de Monsembernard are recommended. They co-head the practice alongside Matthias Fekl and Pierre Le Breton.
Eve Derouesné; Marc de Monsembernard; Matthias Fekl; Pierre Le Breton
Société du Grand Paris
Lagardère Live entertainment
Chambre de commerce et d’industrie Seine Estuaire
Autoroute Paris Rhin Rhône
Autorité de regulation des communications électroniques et des postes
Société d’exploitation de la Tour Eiffel
Fédération Française de Tennis
- Represented Climent Travaux Publics in precontractual referee litigation against a public procurement procedure, involving issues regarding the competent court system (administrative or judicial) and the correctness of the minimum requirements which variants must meet.
- Represented Vivauto PL in precontractual referee litigation against a public procurement procedure for the technical check of public transport vehicles.
- Assisted a defence company during the period of the national health emergency due to the COVID19 with the execution of several contracts regarding the supply of war materials.
Magenta is particularly proficient at dealing with public economic law issues, often mixing French public law and EU law topics. The practice regularly assists public and private sector clients regarding the challenging of various regulations before French administrative and EU courts. The group acts in several proceedings contesting various public taxes, notably in the energy and transport sectors where it has excellent regulatory knowledge. Public procurement contracts and related litigation are other strong lines of work. Founding partners Vincent Jaunet and Sylvain Justier and counsel Fanny Mahler, who directs the practice together with Jaunet, are the main practitioners.
Vincent Jaunet; Fanny Mahler
Other key lawyers:
‘Availability and adaptability.’
‘Ability to understand the opposing party’s orientations and ability to negotiate.’
‘Strong responsiveness; ability to integrate public law into a more global transactional context and more specifically; strong know-how and experience of Fanny Mahler. The team led by Fanny Mahler shows remarkable technical quality and great professionalism. Fanny Mahler is a person of great talent.’
‘Very responsive team.’
‘In-depth knowledge of transport regulation subjects and, more generally, of markets’ opening up to competition.’
‘Partner Sylvain Justier and counsel Fanny Mahler are two brilliant lawyers, available and responsive. Sylvain Justier provides concrete and clear and solutions to problems. Fanny Mahler establishes a quality relationship with her clients, is particularly available and provides innovative and effective solutions to the issues raised. She is particularly responsive.’
Compagnie Maritime Marfret
- Advising ARENADOUR CAPITAL on public bidding process for the award of concession agreement for the rehabilitation and operation of major spa complex in South of France.
- Advised CAPZA on the acquisition of a majority stake in French fire safety specialist Eurofeu group, in relation to environmental law issues.
- Advised MAGENTA DISCOUNT on the challenge of the price and margin control rules implemented by New-Caledonia in 2018, securing a priority preliminary ruling on constitutionality before the Conseil Constitutionnel.
Norton Rose Fulbright’s Marion Roquette-Pfister leads team that has excellent regulatory expertise in the healthcare sector. The practice assists leading pharmaceutical companies and was highly sought after as advisor on the supply of essential drugs and masks during the Covid-19 pandemic. Beyond healthcare, the practice also shows strong public procurement expertise. It is particularly involved in the transport sector where it assisted a leading private company with a major public procurement contract in the rail transport sector. Associate Benjamin Jothy also provides strong support.
Other key lawyers:
‘Exceptional responsiveness, excellent legal reliability even on the most complex public procurement law subjects, very friendly contact. Lawyers are familiar with the corporate world and understand the needs of businesses. The advice is very pragmatic.’
Association Pour le Progrès de la Biologie Médicale (‘APBM’)
Autorité de Régulation des Transports
Ministère de la Transition Ecologique (French Ministry of Transports)
TOTAL MARKETING France
Tokyo Electron Ltd
- Advised PFIZER in the context of the negotiations with the French health authorities for the supply of essential drugs during the COVID 19 crisis.
- Carried out a European comparative study of the motorway sector for the French Transport Regulator.
- Assisted TIER MOBILITY with the tendering process for the development of an electric scooter service (smart mobility) in Paris City.
Boutique firm Pamina Avocats regularly advises on complex regulatory matters, especially often in the transport sector. Lead duo Rémi Sermier and David Epaud notably act for major airline companies and a major airline companies’ syndicate in launching various proceedings challenging new governmental decrees regulating airport taxes and traffic. State aid cases and projects in African jurisdictions as well as public procurement work are also included in the caseload.
Remi Sermier; David Epaud
‘David Epaud is an excellent lawyer. He knows his files very well; he is dynamic, cultivated and responsive.’
IN Groupe (Imprimerie Nationale)
Crédit Agricole Leasing & Factoring
Syndicat des compagnies aériennes autonomes (SCARA)
Syndicat de la presse quotidienne nationale (SPQN)
Secure Identity Alliance
- Advising DP World on the Ndayane Port $1bn project in Senegal.
- Advising IN Groupe (formerly Imprimerie Nationale) on the electronic Identity Card project, to be implemented nationwide in 2021.
- Representing SCARA in an action against a government decree amending the regulatory framework of French airports.
Reinhart Marville Torre‘s team regularly takes on significant public procurement work, including related award and performance litigation. Strategic matters in the transport sector, such as assisting several clients specialising in new transport vehicles mobility, for example bike and scooter rentals, with major city public procurement contracts is a very busy line of work. The group is also experienced in public tenders for bus and tramway concessions for metropolises. Lionel Levain is in charge.
‘I highly recommend the public and administrative law team. The team is very competent and sharp on all subjects pertaining to public procurements, transport and mobility; which is a fairly rare skill. They closely follow legislative developments with us and are a source of proposals.’
‘They are very specialised and have a global overview of subjects.’
‘The team with whom we collaborate shows extraordinary reactivity and an ability to dive very quickly into files. Respecting deadlines is also one of their great qualities.’
‘Lionel Levain has a very good knowledge of public procurement rules. He is always relevant, very involved and has excellent memory of what has been said and done in previous cases. He is also creative when needed to find innovative solutions.’
‘Great competence, availability and understanding of client issues and ability to truly be part of the client team!’
‘Lionel Levain masters his subject. I appreciate his ability to listen, which is a key element in proposing solutions adapted to client’s needs.’
Corsica Ferries France
Française de l’Energie (FDE) / Gazonor
Isère (local government – Département)
MARFINA (MOVENTIA – MOVENTIS)
Région Ile de France
- Advised Cityscoot on all public law-related matters regarding the operation of a scooter free-floating service in the Paris metropolitan area and other French cities, including representation in all litigation brought before administrative courts to challenge the client’s permits and rights.
- Represented Corsica Ferries in litigation proceedings regarding pilotage regulations in French Mediterranean ports, in particular pilotage exemption certificates and pricing of port services.
- Represented Française de l’Energie and Gazonor in different litigation proceedings before several administrative courts against the Ministry of the Environment, brought regarding granting hydrocarbons exclusive exploration licences and for indemnification claims following the 2017 law that ended the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons and set out down a list of provisions relating to energy and the environment.
Watson Farley & Williams LLP’s practice strongly focuses on infrastructure and energy work and offers in-depth expertise of advising major French and international sponsors and developers on large greenfield and brownfield renewables energy projects in France and Europe. It is also well versed in advising large private sector companies and start-ups on innovative projects in energy and transport mobility, such as corporate PPA, hydrogen production and battery storage projects. In addition, the practice also advises on major PPP and public procurement projects. Laurent Battoue leads the practice. Arnaud Troizier is the other key contributor.
Other key lawyers:
‘An ultra-available and open-minded team.’
‘Very fine analytical skills and great knowledge of the public contract and project environment.’
‘Arnaud Troizier is a very good expert in public contracts who integrates clients’ requests in his research for innovative contractual solutions. He is very available and responsive. His work is extremely concise and spot-on.’
Amundi Transition Energétique
Bâtiment Force Centre
Bouygues Energies and Services
BTP Impact Local
French Ministry of Defence
The Renewables Infrastructures Group
Vauban Infrastructure Partners (f.k.a. Mirova)
- Advising a consortium comprising Groupe Renault, the Fonds de modernisation écologique des transports, German aggregator The Mobility House and Mitsui & Co on the project structuring and set-up of a joint project company in Germany specialising in stationary energy storage systems using electric vehicle batteries.
- Assisting the French Ministry of Defence with the bidding process relating to a concession (BOT) for the renovation/construction, maintenance and operation (together with the pre-financing of the capex) of approx. 12.000 housing units for military personnel, including advice on the drafting of the tender documentatio, comparison of the bids, negotiation and closing.
‘Nadia Saïdi is very responsive and has great experience.’
CA PARIS VALLEE DE LA MARNE
AGENCE ARCHITECTURE APS
Louis des Cars; Christophe Lapp; François Muller
- Represented Bouygues Construction, Bouyges TP and Bouygues SA in litigation in front of administrative courts following a cartel case on public works contracts.
Gérard Falala; Vincent Drain
Alain Vamour; Sébastien Pinot
‘Maître Pinot and his team are very responsive and relevant, even on sensitive subjects requiring in-depth analysis.’
‘Maître Pinot demonstrates a very thorough understanding of sensitive situations, which allows relevant support whatever the issues raised.’
‘Sébastien Pinot is an excellent technician. He is precise, rigorous and imaginative in order to find solutions.’
Ville de Paris
Groupe Mon Abri
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Métiers
Covivio (ex Foncière des Murs)
Fusion for Energy
Grand Port Maritime de Nantes
Grand Port Maritime du Havre
CHU de Rouen
Ministry of Economy & Finance
DGFIP (Direction Générale des Finances Publiques – Ministère de l’action et des comptes publics)
Agence Française anticorruption
- Advising Ademe on the financing of four floating offshore windfarms in order to boost floating wind farm technology in France.
- Advising the city of Paris on the update of its €7bn medium term notes programme as well as on bond issues.
- Advising the real estate and financing group of general interest Action Logement on the launch of the public procurement tenders in order to select the advisors of its newly created subsidiary ‘Foncière TBL’, one of the key elements of Action Logement’s new investment plan, which will purchase offices and transform them into housing.
Chatain & Associés
‘Availability, thoroughness, organisation, efficiency and reliability.’
‘Muriel Fayat is dynamic, pleasant and adaptable to all kinds of situations, even complicated ones.’
‘The firm’s involvement is total in order to meet the client’s expectations. Maître Fayat manages to juggle between legal constraints and business issues. She provides practical, not just theoretical, analysis.’
‘Maitre Fayat stands out for her speed of action and good understanding of subjects, however technical.’
‘The team, represented by Maitre Muriel Fayat, was extremely available and very competent in terms of public procurement law.’
‘The firm offers both a good legal and a technical approach. The lawyers dedicated to our cases are very available to the point that we sometimes have the impression of being their only customers. They all have remarkable skills’.
DE GUILLENCHMIDT & ASSOCIES (DGA)
Maxime de Guillenchmidt; Matthieu Ragot
‘Available, pragmatic, deep knowledge of public and tender law.’
‘Very professional and available partners. Always provides great quality work.’
‘Excellent knowledge of the French administration services and great understanding of its internal functioning.’
‘Maxime de Guillenchmidt is excellent: he has great technique and knows how to implement efficient strategies. He has an excellent network and understanding of the French administration.’
‘Matthieu Ragot has excellent business acumen and business sense.’
- Advised Voi Technology on the launch of its activities in France with respect to compliance with French laws and the submission of offers to the public tenders issued by several cities in France (Lyon, Marseille, Grenoble, Paris, Nice).
Yves-René Guillou; Thomas Laffargue; Florence David; Karim Hari; Bruno Kern; Benoit Perrineau; Véronique Vanden Hacker; François Viseur
Groupe Hospitalier Sud Ile de France
Conseil Régional de Guadeloupe
SIAEAG (syndicat des eaux de Guadeloupe)
Opérateur du patrimoine et des projets immobiliers de la culture (OPPIC)
Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Créteil (CHIC)/Centre hospitalier intercommunal de Villeneuve Saint George (CHIV)/Groupement Hospitalier de Territoire
Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie d’Ajaccio (CCI Ajaccio)
Centre Hospitalier de La Martinique
Centre Hospitalier Léon Binet (Provins)
Centre Hospitalier Saint-Anne
Centre d’Accueil et de Soins Hospitaliers de Nanterre (Cash Nanterre)
Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale (INSERM)
Agence publique pour l’immobilier de la justice (APIJ)
Grand Port Maritime de Marseille (GPMM)
- Advised Groupe Hospitalier Sud Île de France on matters involving human resources, public procurement and public health, including representation in disputes.
- Representating Bouygues Telecom before administrative courts regarding legal issues in the context of the deployment of its network nationwide, including issues relating to regulations under the Electronic Post and Communications Code, relations with the ARCEP and the roll-out of 5G.
- Representated the Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Créteil (CHIC) before courts in matters involving human resources, public procurement and public health.
Société du Grand Paris
- Advising the Société du Grand Paris in the context of judicial proceedings brought to acknowledge the condition of the buildings and constructions located in close proximity to the construction area of the Grand Paris Express.
- Assisting SWEN IMPACT FUND FOR TRANSITION, a consortium of Crédit Agricole Group (CALEN and IDIA) and the KEON group on the establishment of the ‘Ter’Green’ joint venture.
Frédéric Scanvic; Corentin Chevallier
- Advised COVALDEM on the conclusion of a contract for the creation and management of collection and elimination of waste in the south of France, including representation in a connected litigation.
- Advised Mac Arthur on the management of administrative licenses for two outlets in France, in Vernon and Miramas.
- Advised LORCOS, a local manufacturer of soaps and hygiene products in Lorraine, on public law matters related to its water discharges in the local network, including a dispute arisen from a claim for expertise submitted by the local public entity that was successfully dismissed before the local administrative Court, discussions with this local authority and its operator, VEOLIA group, for the signature of a discharge convention.
‘Very high legal technique and a mastery of operational issues; the team shows great availability and responsiveness and knows how to adapt perfectly to our requirements.’
REGION ILE DE FRANCE
AEROPORTS DU GRAND OUEST
CHEVRILLON & COMPAGNIE
CAISSE DES DEPOTS ET CONSIGNATIONS
Groupe HO TAM CHAY
- Assisted Region Ile-de-France with two expert assessment proceedings regarding the construction of the Olympic site dedicated to canoe, kayak and rowing, involving a high number of companies.
- Assisted Neoen with a legal action introduced against the building permits and the ICPE operating license of a wind farm project composed of 18 wind turbines.
- Assisted ASSYSTEM with a recourse launched against a SNCF decision awarding an important public procurement to another competitor.
Alexandre Le Mière
‘Easy and direct team.’
RETAIL & CONNEXIONS
INSTITUT GUSTAVE ROUSSY
CENTRE EUGENE MARQUIS
CONSTRUCTION RÉNOVATION BALLANCOURT
- Advised Retail & Connexions on drafting a new concession contract on station advertising and the corresponding tender procedure, with €90M in income over ten years for SNCF Gares & Connexions at stake.
- Assisted Unicancer with updating the templates of public procurement contracts and orders to private law.
- Assisted CRAM with the framework of the global public performance contract for the entire heating system of the Le Havre conglomeration.
‘Small firm, but extremely specialised in its field of expertise.
‘Virginie Lachaut-Dana specialises in town planning and co-ownership law. She has a good team and good relationships with her interlocutors.’
‘Remarkable. Everything is there: knowledge of the professional sector, responsiveness, speed, availability. Excellent value services. Nothing is ever too much.’
‘Small and young firm, but 100% committed to the client. Extremely rare. The firm chooses its files carefully, but then commits to them thoroughly. Remarkable performance from every point of view.’
‘Virginie Lachau-Dana shows great availability and is an excellent professional.’
Wilhelm & Associés
Marie-Anne Renaux; Delphine d’Albert des Essarts
‘Excellent firm in the field of town planning (under the leadership of Me Marie-Anne Renaux), including administrative authorisations to build and authorisations for commercial exploitation. Excellent responsiveness and good advice.’
‘The availability and quality of advice of Marie-Anne Renaux is very good. Her associate Inès de Cirugeda is very proactive and they work very well as a team.’
‘Excellent knowledge of the real estate sector, its challenges and public players. The firm’s analysis is always fair, relevant and error-free, while problems may have been encountered with other firms. The firm is competent both in advice and in litigation.’
‘The personality and excellence of Me d’Albert des Essarts, who is always personally and fully involved in her files, impress. She is inventive and innovative in her proposals. Her analysis of risks and chances of success of a procedure is without comparison among her peers.’
‘Extremely serious and responsive firm.’
‘ Accessible, reactivity and professionalism.’
‘ Responsiveness, rigour and availability seem to be the three key words governing their mode of operation.’
‘Great listening skills, as well as pragmatism and rigour Their analysis allows rapid and serene decision-making.’
‘Marie-Anne Renaux is a specialist in commercial development.’
LECLERC (AGNEAUX DISTRIBUTION)
SUPER U (CODIM)
SUPER U (AU MARCHE DES DRUIDES)
HYPER U (PACA PARTICIPATIONS)
- Assisting FREY GROUP with obtaining the commercial administrative authorisation necessary to construct and open a new commercial building in Saint-Genis-Pouilly.
- Advising FINANCIERE APSYS on developing its mixed project ‘Bordeaux Saint-Jean’, involving all real estate issues such as land control with the public establishment, development of town planning documents, administrative authorizations.
- Advising COSTCO on its French development, especially its second project in France in Pontault-Combault (commercial lease, administrative authorizations and construction agreement).