Banking, finance and capital markets in Czech Republic
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is renowned for handling high-value mandates in the banking sector, acting for both lenders and borrowers and undertaking complex syndicated loan matters. Banking remains a core practice area for the firm and clients describe the team as possessing 'excellent knowledge of the law'. Recent highlights include precedent-setting cases in the Czech market, particularly in the structured finance space, led by counsels Silvie Horackova and Petra Mysakova. Capital markets expert Petr Vybiral, who is recommended for bonds work, and associate Lukáš Vondřich, who has experience in insolvency matters, are also key members of the team.
Petr Vybíral; Silvie Horáčková; Petra Myšáková
‘The team has an excellent quality of work, flexibility and the ability to resolve unexpected legal issues.’
‘Petra Myšáková has excellent expertise in both Czech and English law matters and has the ability to find legal solutions perfectly matching the commercial context of transactions.’
‘The team is known for its expertise.‘
Fortuna Entertainment Group N.V.
Labe Wood s.r.o.
Československá obchodní banka, a.s.
Macquarie Aircraft Leasing Services (Ireland) Limited
Česká spořitelna, a.s.
Sberbank CZ, a.s.
One Equity Partners Europe GmbH
Raiffeisen Bank International AG
Komerční banka, a.s.
Komerční pojišťovna, a.s.
Citibank Europe plc
Czech Banking Association (Česká bankovní asociace)
HSBC Bank plc
J & T Banka, a.s.
J&T IB & Capital Markets a.s.
Moneta Money Bank, a.s.
TMR Finance CR, a.s
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia a.s.
- Advised a club of banks led by Československá obchodní banka (ČSOB) and Komerční banka on new credit facilities provided to Škoda Transportation and its subsidiaries to refinance its existing indebtedness.
- Advised Česká spořitelna and ČSOB on financing provided to Bike Fun International.
- Advised J&T IB and Capital Markets, in its role as the sole arranger, and J&T Banka, in its role as the sole lead manager and the fiscal and paying agent, on the issuance of bonds under Czech law by Liberty One Methanol, guaranteed by KKCG.
Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář handles large, high-profile financing mandates for major international and domestic banks and is highly recommended for its advice on securities. Led by Libor Basl, the team works closely with the firm's office in Slovakia to act on cross-border matters across industry sectors. Senior associate Lukáš Hron handles corporate financing matters and Marek Disman is noted for his real estate financing expertise. Alexandr César, who heads the competition group and is co-head of the M&A practice, advises on business and share transactions.
‘A first-class law firm with remarkable deal experience in the local market as well as in the neighbouring jurisdictions. An efficient, helpful and results-oriented team that sticks to the agreed budgets.‘
‘Marek Disman’s technical knowledge is second to none. He is a solicitor you would want on your side and is exceptional in escrow agreements.’
‘The team is extremely professional and efficient in all engagements and dealings.’
Československá obchodní banka (ČSOB) / KBC Bank NV
Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH)
Kofola Československo / Aetos a.s.
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic
Moulins de Kleinbettingen S.A.
Aures Holding / AAA Auto
Erste Group Bank AG
NH Hotel Group, S.A.
- Representing the liquidator of ERB bank, which was appointed by the Czech banking regulator, Czech National Bank, following the withdrawal of ERB bank’s licence.
- Advising ČSOB on the post-acquisition refinancing of a borrower’s debts in relation to a well-known office building in Prague.
- Advised a Czech subsidiary of NH Hotel Group on a €535m refinancing of senior secured high-yield bonds by NH Hotel Group.
Clifford Chance's market-leading practice is singled out for its expertise in real estate financing matters and project financing mandates. Led by Miloš Felgr, the team is skilled in big-ticket, cross-border transactions and has a focus on complex acquisition finance. Marian Husár, who is dual qualified in the Czech Republic and England and Wales, is the key contact for real estate finance transactions and capital markets, having acted in a number of deals for financial institutions. Vladimír Rýlich specialises in IPOs and financial regulatory work.
Dentons' banking and finance team has 'an unmatched understanding of the industry' and is skilled in the full range of financing and regulatory matters, particularly real estate finance. The team handles cross-border capital markets, insolvency and financial litigation matters, acting for a wide roster of financial institutions and investment groups. Daniel Hurych and Jiří Tomola co-head the practice and have extensive experience advising corporate clients on local and international financial transactions. Among the other key team members are John Stansfield, who acts for both borrowers and lenders, Tomáš Osička and associate Martin Manduľák. The department also draws on international support from the firm's offices in London and Moscow.
Daniel Hurych; Jiří Tomola
‘Daniel Hurych is an outstanding lawyer thanks to his breadth of experience and negotiating skills. He is skilled mainly in real estate finance and general syndicated transactions.‘
‘Aside from being technically very strong, Tomáš Osička is also extremely willing to help and to find a practical solution to problems.’
CPI Property Group
Komerční banka (Société Générale Group)
Česká spořitelna (Erste Bank Group)
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia
Československá obchodní banka (KBC group)
Česká exportní banka (Czech Export Bank)
- Advised CPI Property Group on pan-European financing and capital markets transactions, including two bridge-to-bond loans, an update of its euro medium term notes (EMTN) programme, and three bonds emissions.
- Advised Komerční banka and Česká spořitelna, as the lenders, on providing a multi-currency term and revolving facilities for Eurowag group.
- Advised BNP Paribas, as an arranger and dealer, and Citigroup Global Markets, as a dealer, on the update of ČEZ’s EMTN programme to be listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
Described as 'top-notch', PRK Partners represents industry leaders on the full spectrum of banking matters, with a specialism in complex financing transactions and international deals. Clients include some of the world's largest financial institutions. The team is co-led by securities and capital markets expert Martin Aschenbrenner; Václav Bílý, who has expertise in insolvency work and is recommended for his experience in solar energy financing; and Jan Kohout, who is a key name in project financing. The wider team also includes Jan Ditrych, who has experience advising on securities, and associate Tomáš Bureš, who assists with cross-border work and has experience in regulatory and finance matters. The practice group has also been strengthened by the arrival of the experienced Michal Matějka from Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář.
Martin Aschenbrenner; Václav Bílý; Jan Kohout
‘Excellent. Top-notch. They are as good, competent and effective as in any major business centre in the world.’
‘PRK is outstanding.‘
Česká spořitelna, a.s.,
Raiffeisenlandesbank NiederÖsterreich-Wien AG
HYPO NOE Gruppe Bank AG
Československá obchodní banka, a. s.
UDI CEE a.s.
Wustenrot hypotecni banka
Komerční banka, a.s.
UnicreditBank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s.
- Acted as Czech legal adviser to J.P.Morgan (with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer acting as lead counsel) on the refinancing of the Rodenstock Group’s senior debt facilities.
- Advising Raiffeisenbank on its term and operating loans to a company owning two five-star hotels in the centre of Prague.
- Advised UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, as the lender, in multiple transactions regarding the financing and refinancing of solar power plants and renewable energy sources in general.
White & Case (Europe) LLP is described by clients as having a 'standout' banking practice, with 'smart, commercial and responsive' senior partners. The team handles large financing transactions and complex restructuring work for an extensive roster of banking clients, including longstanding client UniCredit. David Plch heads the banking team, which includes Jonathan Weinberg, who handles English law financing matters, and Jan Linda, who regularly acts for German clients. The team has experience in big-ticket, international matters, drawing on the support of its London, Warsaw and Frankfurt offices. The capital markets practice is co-led by Petr Hudec and Eva Svobodová, who have experience representing underwriters on a range of both domestic and international transactions. Recently promoted partner Tomáš Jíně has expertise in leveraged finance.
Jonathan Weinberg; Jan Linda; Petr Hudec; David Plch; Eva Svobodová
‘Jonathan Weinberg is technically astute, hardworking and a tough negotiator. An excellent choice for complex structured financings.‘
‘The best legal team in the Czech Republic. They are very knowledgable in terms of both the law and regulatory issues and the business. Great client management. Excellent value for money.’
‘The team is highlighted for its strong expertise, high-quality advice, integrity and efficiency.’
Ceska sporitelna (Erste Group)
Ceskoslovenska obchodni banka (KBC Group)
Komercni banka (Société Générale)
EP Infrastructure (EPH Group)
České dráhy (Czech Railways)
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers – Erste Group Bank, Česká spořitelna, UniCredit, Unicredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, Société Générale and Komerční banka – on the syndicated financing provided to the CTP group.
- Represented PPF Banka and J&T Banka, as the arrangers, on the financing of up to CZK1.967bn provided to TollNet for the purpose of sub-delivering an electronic tolling system in the Czech Republic.
- Advising 13 lenders (led by UniCredit) on an $820m financing for EuroChem.
BBH, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o. has a strong focus on acting for borrowers in financing matters, but also counts lenders including Czech and foreign banks among its clients. The team is known for its expertise in derivatives and for its advice on financial transactions and fintech matters. Capital markets expert Tomáš Sedláček heads the group. Petr Precechtel, who is noted for his advice to multinational corporates on all aspects of banking and finance, newly promoted partner Zdeněk Husták, and senior associates Adam Necas and Andrea Adamcova are also recommended.
‘The team has a very strong regulatory background, especially when dealing with the National Bank. The level of experience and commitment to the client is quite difficult to find anywhere else.‘
‘Tomas Sedlacek is highly experienced in representing borrowers in bank financing transactions.’
Air bank a.s.
Artesa, spořitelní družstvo a.s.
Czech Property Investments a.s.
Česká Exportní Banka (Czech Export Bank)
Česká Národní Banka (Czech National Bank)
Česká pojišťovna a.s.
Českomoravská nemovitostní a.s.
Home Credit group
J&T banka a.s.
PPF banka a.s.
PPF Group Over
Škoda Transportation a.s
- Advised the borrower on a €200m structured financing deal.
- Advised the borrowers on a series of funding arrangements of CZK2bn for start-up telecoms group Nordic.
- Advised the issuer on the update and restructuring of a CZK1bn bond offering.
Pavla Křečková leads the banking practice at CMS, which is noted for its real estate finance expertise. The team handles large project financing transactions as well as frequently advising leading banks and sponsors on corporate matters. The team also includes Paul Stallebrass, who has considerable international experience and often advises clients in the wider CEE region and Scandinavia; Anna Radnev, who represents financial institutions; senior associates Lukáš Valúšek and Pavel Srb; and associate Barbora Ševčíková. In addition, the practice expanded with the arrival of Hana Řičánková from KPMG Legal Czech Republic.
Pavla Křečková; Paul Stallebrass
Komerční banka, Česká spořitelna, Slovenská sporiteľňa and Citi
- Advised UniCredit on the financing provided to GLL Real Estate Partners, acting together with LB Asset Management on behalf of South Korean investor Hanwha Investment & Securities, for the acquisition of the Waltrovka office complex in Prague.
- Advised a group of banks – Komerční banka, Česká spořitelna, Slovenská sporiteľňa and Citi – on the financing for Invia.
- Advised Advent International on the financing of its contemplated acquisition of Zentiva.
Glatzová & Co., s.r.o. has wide-ranging expertise in contentious and non-contentious matters, including advising on high-value corporate financing transactions, loans and bonds. Led by restructuring specialist Martin Dančišin and Libor Němec, the group also includes managing associate Jarmila Tornová and senior associate Filip Murár.
Martin Dančišin; Libor Němec
Joyson Safety Systems Group
Smart Capital Group
Nomura International Plc
ČSOB, a.s. (Bank, member of KBC group)
ČSOB pojišťovna, a.s. (member of KBC group)
J&T IB and Capital Markets a.s.
EC Financial Services, a. s.
InfraPartners Management Group
DRFG Financial Management a. s.
EFEKTA obchodník s cennými papírya.s.
Maxi-Tip Finance s.r.o.
Consolidated Assets B.V
Všeobecná úvěrová banka a.s., pobočka Praha (member of Intesa Sanpaolo group)
- Advising ČSOB on the financing provided to Pražské služby for the reconstruction and greening of the waste incinerator in the Malešice district of Prague.
- Advised EC Financial Services on the financing of up to CZK490m provided by Banka Creditas for the acquisition of its competitor, Jet Money.
- Advised Libli (formerly Suntel Net) on a CZK470m acquisition loan provided by UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Kinstellar's banking team handles high-value domestic and international transactions for financial institutions and is particularly noted for its expertise in real estate finance. Co-led by Martina Březinová and Květoslav Krejčí, the practice group has English law capabilities and often handles complex, cross-border matters, as well as advising on internal investigations and compliance. Managing partner Lukáš Ševčík and Leo Javorek are also key members of the team, and Klára Štepánková provides real estate expertise.
Martina Březinová; Květoslav Krejčí
‘Kinstellar’s team is particularly strong in real estate finance, where it is able to combine know-how with the firm’s real estate practice. The team can rely on very good internal knowledge, as well as capable and experienced individuals.’
‘Leo Javorek is experienced and technically very strong, and is also always available and willing to help.’
Landesbank Hessen –Thüringen (Helaba)
ČSOB (KBC Group)
Barclays Bank PLC
Česká spořitelna, a.s. (Este Group)
JP Morgan Limited
ING Bank N.V. (London Branch)
Komerční banka, a.s. (Société Générale group)
- Advising Goldman Sachs and Citigroup on the financing of Advent International’s acquisition of Laird plc.
- Advising Barclays Bank plc on the financing of the acquisition of Moravia IT by RWS Holdings plc.
- Advising Komerční banka on the €11m refinancing provided to Polygon.
Boutique firm BADOKH's strengths include real estate finance and acquisition finance, and it has experience acting for borrower clients. The team, which includes Jakub Dostál, Ivo Bárta and Michael Mullen, advises local and foreign clients on all aspects of financing and handles due diligence. Petr Kuhn is the key contact for capital markets work, particularly equity financing. Robert David departed for Wolf Theiss.
Jakub Dostal; Ivo Barta; Michael Mullen
C.H. Kališ & Partners s.r.o., advokátní kancelář focuses on handling insolvency and restructuring matters for its financial sector clients, which include Czech and international banks. Co-led by Martin Kartner and David Kučera, the practice represents clients in insolvency proceedings and financial litigation. The team has expanded its banking practice with the hires of associates Hračja Grigoryan and Soňa Panáková, who have notable insolvency experience, from Becker & Poliakoff v.o.s. and AK RHK, s.r.o., respectively.
Martin Kartner; David Kučera
Veba, textilní závody a.s.
Vítkovice Heavy Machinery
Gain Capital – Forex.Com UK Limited, Ltd
SES Spar European
Shopping Centers GmbH
Interactive Brokers LLC
LLC Investment Company of Vnesheconombank
International Investment Bank
Czech Export Bank
BRP Tax SA
Erste Group Bank AG
Incot spol. s r.o.
Carclo Technical Plastics – Brno, s.r.o.
- Represented a client in the textile industry in the course of its insolvency proceedings.
- Advised a major Czech engineering group on ensuring the necessary financing in the course of its insolvency proceedings.
- Acted for a client on the sale of its part in one of the biggest shopping centres in Prague.
Dunovská & Partners is described as 'extremely experienced and focused' and is led by the highly rated David Urbanec. The practice is known for its financial restructuring work and has an extensive roster of clients which includes all the major domestic banks. Barbora Simon Dunovská advises on high-value financing projects and banking regulatory matters.
‘Unlike large law firms, this company has a very individual, almost family-like approach to its clients and their cases. They have excellent knowledge in the area of banking law and the issues related to it.’
‘Barbora Dunovska and David Urbanec are top Czech lawyers in the area of banking and finance.‘
‘David Urbanec is a great professional with exceptional knowledge of legal matters ranging from credit transactions to insolvency proceedings.’
‘Barbora Dunovska excels with her in-depth, innovative and analytical thinking, always proposing well-thought-out and workable solutions. David Urbanec is an excellent lawyer and a very good negotiator. They are both real professionals who are able to advise us on the most complex structures, delivering high-quality legal opinions.’
Československá obchodní banka, a.s.
Česká spořitelna, a.s.
HSBC France – Prague branch
ČSOB Factoring, a.s.
Odyssey 44, a.s.
Sberbank CZ, a.s.
Banka Creditas a.s.
Wüstenrot – stavební spořitelna a.s.
Trinity Bank a.s.
Penta Investment Limited
Moravia Systems a.s.
Wüstenrot hypoteční banka a.s.
- Advised ČSOB and its clients on acquisition projects it had financed.
- Advised a client on a £5.9m acquisition financing project.
- Advising ČSOB on M&A transactions in the SME sector.
HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., attorneys at law
At HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., attorneys at law, the banking and finance team acts for both borrowers and lenders on financial transactions and has a specialism in complex restructuring. Led by Filip Čabart, the team also has experience in capital markets; Jan Topinka is particularly highly recommended in this area. Associate Štěpán Černý provides support on syndicated loan matters. The team also regularly assists foreign law firms with international financing transactions that have a Czech legal element.
Filip Čabart; Jan Topinka
Československá obchodníbanka (KBC Group)
Česká Spořitelna (member of Erste Group)
Fair Credit International
- Acted as a local counsel to Norton Rose Fulbright to advise Bank of America on the structuring, establishment and maintenance of security in the Czech Republic.
- Advised Fair Credit International on the structuring of bank financing by J&T Banka, the establishment of a dedicated investment fund and private offer of its shares, individualised private equity financing by a number of high-net-worth individuals, and a restructuring of bad debt by one of the companies in the client’s group.
- Assisted Komerční banka with the drafting and negotiation of loan and security documentation pertaining to the financing of the construction of Štěrboholy Retail Park in Prague.
Kocián Šolc Balaštík is noted for its 'superior regulatory knowledge' and its strength in project finance, acquisition finance and leveraged finance deals. Jointly led by banking experts Petr Kasík and Martin Krejčí, the team has expertise in regulatory work and financial litigation, and advises leading banks.
Petr Kasík; Martin Krejčí
‘Martin Krejci is an experienced and likeable lawyer who gives everything for the client in leveraged finance and debt capital markets work.’
‘Counsel Vlastimil Pihera is one of the leading lights on bonds (and has a niche trusts practice).’
‘The team has good experience and capabilities in the areas of leveraged finance (lender and borrower side), asset finance, debt capital markets and more specialised spaces like fintech and mini-bonds.‘
‘An extremely close-knit team that will never let you down.‘
Czech National Bank
O2 Czech Republic a.s.
Raiffeisenbank a.s. 1
J&T Banka a.s.
Karlovarské minerální vody a.s.
- Advised a client on the syndicated financing provided by J&T Banka and Poštová banka for the repayment of existing term loans.
- Advised Karlovarské minerální vody on the financing for the acquisition of PepsiCo companies’ assets in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary.
- Advising J&T Banka on the financing of a Cypriot company owned by Dragon Capital and another private mezzanine investment company.
Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o., advokátní kancelář counts major banks among its clients and has particular strength in real estate finance. Practice head Danica Sebestova - who is described as a 'very experienced senior lawyer with good business sense' - specialises in international financial regulation and is spearheading the innovative blockchain technology practice within the firm. The team also includes new arrival Veronika Vaněčková, who joined from JPMorgan Chase's London team in July 2019 and brings expertise in asset finance and experience with international clients.
‘Radek Janecek is engaged, smart and fights for clients.’
‘Kristyna Kodetova has an eye for detail, and is fast and precise.‘
‘Danice Šebestová is a very experienced senior lawyer with good business sense.‘
Československá obchodní banka, a.s.
Komerční banka, a.s.
Deutsche Bank AG
Česká exportní banka, a.s.
Redstone Real Estate, a.s.
Raiffeisenbank International AG
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s.
- Advised ČSOB on the bilateral financing of a group of major European operators of food retail stores in the Czech Republic.
- Advising Komerční banka on export financing insured by Slovak export bank Eximbanka to a Russian borrower for the purchase of equipment.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on a multi-currency loan and revolving facilities to the Walraven Group.
Weinhold Legal advises major Czech banks and financial institutions on all aspects of project finance and acquisition finance. The team also has a particular focus on securitisation. Pavel Jendrulek leads the team, while Daniel Weinhold is another key contact.
UniCredit Czech Republic and Slovakia
Česká spořitelna (Erste Bank Group)
Balcar, Polanský & Spol
The team at Balcar, Polanský & Spol focuses on contentious banking matters, under the leadership of skilled litigator Marek Pilař. The practice represents domestic banks in arbitration and bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. Associate Martin Danajovič has strong litigation experience.
Komerční banka a.s.
Česká spořitelna a.s.
- Acting for Česká spořitelna in a dispute over the alleged illegal repayment of a loan it provided and a related claim for damages.
bpv Braun Partners s.r.o. provides an 'excellent quality' banking service and is experienced in handling cross-border financing deals for domestic banking clients. David Vosol leads the team, which also includes Arthur Braun and senior associate Zuzana Štěpánková.
‘Katerina Trzaska and Arthur Braun are standouts. Both provide swift responses and never miss a deadline. They are reliable, competent and multilingual.’
‘Arthur Braun’s strategic understanding of the market must be pointed out, as well as the speed and quality of his work.‘
IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG
Korea Development Bank
Bank Europe Ltd.
- Advised Raiffeisenbank on the construction of an outlet shopping centre in Ostrava.
- Advised Raiffeisenlandesbank Niederösterreich-Wien on its €47m deal with Vienna House Capital Group.
- Advised Raiffeisen-Leasing Finanzierungs on a €17m loan refinancing in an international real estate transaction.
Deloitte Legal s.r.o., advokátní kancelář has significantly expanded its banking team with several hires from Wolf Theiss, including new practice head Jan Procházka. The group has a wide range of expertise and is experienced in the regulatory aspects of the financial industry, handling compliance and restructuring work. Radek Musílek, who focuses on conducting due diligence, is another key contact.
DELTA legal advises banking clients on acquisition financing and refinancing matters. Practice head Libor Vacek and Pavel Fára, who focuses on real estate finance, are the key contacts. The group also has Slovak law capabilities, acting for clients from the Slovak desk.
Komerční banka, a.s.
Investika, investiční společnost, a.s.
Trigea nemovitostní fond, SICAV, a.s.
John Crane Sigma
- Acted for real estate fund Trigea as the borrower in the financing of the acquisition of Turimo, the owner of an office building located in Prague.
- Acted for Investika Beta as the borrower in the refinancing of its debts related to an office building in Pilsen by UniCredit Bank.
- Advised Komerční banka on adding a new tranche to an existing loan agreement and on the complex restructuring of an existing collateral package.
The banking team at DLA Piper is 'professional and commercially oriented', handling an range of acquisition finance and real estate finance matters. Jointly led by Miroslav Dubovský and Petr Šabatka, the practice is experienced in advising both lenders and borrowers on corporate finance, as well as in assisting with regulatory matters. Jakub Adam provides real estate expertise and Petr Koblovsky is noted for his advice to investors and financial institutions.
Miroslav Dubovský; Petr Šabatka
UniCredit Leasing CZ, a.s.
Erste Group Bank
J & T Banka
- Advising UniCredit Leasing CZ on the financing of three locomotives worth over €12m for Advanced World Transport.
- Advising Atlantis Investment on the issuance of bonds with a total value of €5m.
- Advising Erste Group Bank, as a bookrunner, on the sale of shares in publicly listed company Kofola through a private placement by CED Group.
Giese & Partner, s.r.o.
Giese & Partner, s.r.o. focuses on advising its wide range of banking sector clients on project finance matters. The team has a 'specialisation in the needs of banks' and is jointly led by Martin Holler, who is the key contact for major German banks, and Jitka Sytařová. Associate Denisa Molnár stands out for her real estate and acquisition finance experience.
Martin Holler; Jitka Sytařová
‘Very fast response times, proactive and forward-looking, excellent knowledge of the legal sectors required for the transaction.’
‘Jitka Sytarova and Denisa Molnar are both very knowledgeable and attentive.’
pbb Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG
Berlin Hyp AG
UniCredit Bank Austria AG
Helaba Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Advised Rodenstock on the refinancing of an existing bank loan.
- Advised Deutsche Pfandbriefbank on the refinancing of the Futurama Business Park in Prague.
- Advised Deutsche Pfandbriefbank on the restructuring and development financing of a logistics centre.
PETERKA & PARTNERS
PETERKA & PARTNERS has the ability to handle major pan-regional transactions in the banking space thanks to its offices in Hungary, Romania and Poland. The team also has experience in loan financing for domestic banks. Senior associate Petr Říha leads the team, while arbitration expert Hynek Peroutka is also a key contact.
Komercni banka, a.s.
Unicredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s
Banque PSA Finance SA
RCI Finance CZ s.r.o.
Flawless Money Limited
- Advising AXA Group on its internal anti-money laundering procedures under Czech law.
- Acting for Komercni banka on the acquisition of a company owning real estate by a borrower operating in the property rental sector.
Schoenherr Czech Republic
The team at Schoenherr Czech Republic is 'very clever and professional and gives fast responses'. Natálie Rosová and Vladimír Čížek jointly lead the team, which regularly handles real estate finance; other highlights from the year include acting on regional transactions and advising international banks. Jitka Kadlčíková is also recommended. The practice is equipped to handle cross-border matters across the CEE region, with offices in Bucharest, Sofia and Belgrade.
Natálie Rosová; Vladimír Čížek
‘Very knowledgeable with a pragmatic approach to problem solving. Very well-organised and very responsive.‘
De Lage Landen International
Quadrivio Sgr S.p.A.
EVO Payments Inc.
Ares Management Limited
Uniqa Insurance Group
- Advised the UniCredit Group on establishing two exclusive strategic partnerships with Allianz and Generali for the distribution of insurance products for individuals and small businesses in various CEE countries.
- Advised EVO Payments on the formation of a strategic alliance with Moneta Money Bank in the payment card acceptance (merchant acquiring) sector.
- Advised Viacom on setting up a multilayer cash-pooling structure in CEE.
Skils s.r.o. advokátní kancelář
Skils s.r.o. advokátní kancelář has experience handling complex transactions and advising a wide array of clients, including domestic and international banks. The team is led by Karel Muzikář and includes key contacts Karel Dřevínek and Karolína Horáková.
Ceska sporitelna (Czech Savings Bank)
Moneta Money Bank
Advent International Corporation
- Advising Czech Savings Bank, as the target company, on the squeeze-out of its shares by Erste Group Bank, as the majority shareholder.
- Advised Moneta Money Bank on the performance of its notification and information duties under capital markets regulation.
- Acted for Moneta Money Bank in court proceedings initiated by Arca Services challenging the validity of the acquisition of a part of the banking business of Agrobanka Praha in 1998.
Wolf Theiss has experience handling an array of large transactions, particularly in the real estate financing space. Banking expert Robert David joined from BADOKH to lead the practice, and the team also includes associate Tomáš Šlechta. The practice has faced a number of departures, notably that of Jan Kotous, who left to form the core banking team at Deloitte Legal s.r.o., advokátní kancelář.
‘Robert David knows his stuff and is putting Wolf Theiss on the map.‘
Berlin Hyp AG