Intellectual property in Croatia
Although it has successfully broadened the scope of its legal services over the years, Vukmir & Associates remains best known for its 'market-leading IP offering'. The scope of the work runs the gamut across both non-contentious and contentious matters and includes work for high-profile international entities including Procter & Gamble and Amazon, as well as tech-based start-ups. The 'vastly experienced' Mladen Vukmir is particularly skilled at handling patent infringement and copyright mandates. Senior associate Mirjana Jurišić is also recommended.
‘Market-leading IP offering.‘
Praised for its 'responsiveness and industry knowledge', full-service firm Divjak, Topic & Bahtijarevic continues to grow its IP capabilities and led by 'goal-oriented' senior associate Olena Manuilenko is increasingly valued by many of the firm's institutional corporate clients, including Heineken and Japan Tobacco International, for its ability to advise across the spectrum of IP issues impacting on their businesses in Croatia.
‘The firm is well organised and we really appreciate their timely and concise reports on matter developments.‘
‘One of the firm’s greatest advantages is its responsiveness and ability to provide appropriate advice based on a long lasting business relationship and mutual understanding.‘
‘The responsive Olena Manuilenko provides clear, to-the-point and goal-oriented advice.‘
‘Stands out for its responsiveness and industry knowledge.‘
‘Olena Manuilenko is goal oriented.‘
ULTRA ENTERPRISES INC
FOX NETWORKS GROUP EUROPE
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
JAPAN TOBACCO INTERNATIONAL
- Advising Fox Networks Group Europe across a range of issues, including non-linear audio-visual services, collective rights management and advertising.
- Assisting Google with privacy, media, and technology matters.
- Advising Heineken Croatia on IP and privacy law, trade mark prosecution, copyright contracting and dispute resolution, as well as GDPR compliance.
Leveraging its network of offices throughout Eastern Europe, boutique IP firm PETOŠEVIC is best known for its patent and trade mark prosecution work for international corporates. Team head Ivan Kos is recommended.
Živko Mijatovic & Partners
Often working closely with practitioners from across the firm's network of offices throughout the Balkans, Živko Mijatovic & Partners provides 'proactive and commercial support' to many notable international corporates on the management of their IP portfolio strategies. Headed by Ivana Šarlija, the team is also noted for its anti-counterfeiting measures and customs seizures.
‘The firm is proactive and commercial in its support of brand protection matters in the region.‘
Korper & Partneri Law Firm
Boutique IP firm Korper & Partneri Law Firm has a strong track record in the region for SMEs and multinational corporates across the spectrum of IP matters, including trade mark and patent prosecution, litigation and licensing.
Adriatic Luxury Development
Banca Farmafactoring S.p.A.
China Dynamics (Holdings) Limited
Heta Asset Resolution
Luxottica South Eastern Europe
NOVO NORDISK Hrvatska
Raiffeisen – Leasing
RL – ETA
Sanofi Aventis Groupe
Sanofi – Aventis Croatia
- Advising Adriatic Luxury Development on various trade mark issues.
- Representing Luxottica South Eastern Europe in a trade mark infringement procedure against Slovenian company Adrial.
- Advising Novo Nordisk Hrvatska on copyright agreements with healthcare professionals.
At Vidan Law Office, managing partner Hrvoje Vidan has 'in-depth knowledge of IP law' and leverages this to good effect for domestic and international corporates on their trade mark, industrial designs and copyright matters before the Croatian and the EU authorities.
‘The firm is dedicated to each matter, provides quick responses and exercises lateral thinking.‘
‘We appreciate Hrvoje Vidan’s passionate and detailed approach, which makes us and our clients feel that we are in good hands.‘
‘Hrvoje Vidan has in-depth knowledge of IP law.’
- Advising a regional confectionary producer in numerous trade mark procedures.
- Advising a multinational food retailer in a trade mark revocation procedure against another retail chain.
- Representing a European retail chain in trade mark and administrative disputes and trademark registrations and oppositions.
Praised for its ability to 'work closely' with other complementary practice groups, including corporate and competition, Wolf Theiss - Zagreb branch excels at providing a holistic service to clients on non-contentious mandates, including as it relates to IP due diligence associated with corporate transactions and the commercialisation of IPR. 'Very knowledgeable' team head Luka Čolić has expertise in trade mark and copyright matters and regularly handles work for clients in the pharmaceutical, IT and financial services sectors.
‘The team’s availability and engagement was superb, professional and human in every aspect, with great quality, resourcefulness and advisement.‘
‘Luka Čolić’s knowledge and advice, and honesty helped us a lot to make the best end result from our case.‘
Ex Works Capital Fund
Munich RE Group
Group M Central Europe Zagreb d.o.o. (WPP Group)
Accenture Global Services Limited
Mondelez Europe GmbH
SIGNA Property Funds Deutschland AG
- Advising Ex Works Capital Fund on the registration of security against various IPR registered with international and national intellectual property registries in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia.
- Assisting Fruehwald with the registration of a trade mark in Croatia.
- Advising Booking.com on Croatian data protection and marketing issues.