Commercial, corporate and M&A in Croatia
The 'enthusiastic' team at Šavorić & Partners is 'very well-known in the market' and is regularly engaged in many of the highest-profile transactional matters for international and local corporate clients from a varied array of industry sectors. As well as public M&A, the team is also regularly instructed by private equity and venture capital funds on their downstream investments; Boris Šavorić recently advised a private equity fund managed by Enterprise Investors Corporation on its €110m acquisition of Studenac.
Boris Šavorić; Lovro Gašparac; Nina Radić Kuzik
‘Very well-known in the market.‘
Enterprise Investors Corporation (Pan Pek)
Enterprise Investors Corporation (Studenac)
Generali CEE Holding B.V.
Palumbo Group S.p.A.
Erste d.o.o. & PBZ Croatia Osiguranje d.d.
South Central Ventures (SCV Partners d.o.o.)
Outer Reef Yachts Europe Limited
Inspire Investments d.o.o.
Mid Europa Partners
- Acted for prominent Polish investment fund, Enterprise Investors Corporation, on due diligence of two Croatian companies holding the production facilities in Zagreb and Đakovo.
- Advised Polish Enterprise Fund VIII, a private equity fund managed by Enterprise Investors Corporation, on the acquisition of a 100% stake in Studenac d.o.o.
- Advised on four investments by South Central Ventures.
'Able to provide support on Croatian legislation in the context of complex cross-border matters, Babic & Partners Law Firm is particularly well suited to handling transactional work for large multinational corporates on deals involving a Croatian nexus. Praised for their 'very client-oriented approach', co-heads Marija Gregoric and Iva Basaric have excellent reputations in the market across a range of industry sectors including the pharmaceutical industry.
Marija Gregoric; Iva Basaric
‘The team is obviously used to working according to international standards for due diligence, in terms of level of information (local practices and knowledge of the industry concerned by the due diligence exercise) explanation and valuation of legal risks.‘
‘Iva Basaric is very responsive and efficient.‘
‘Marija Gregoric and Iva Basaric have a very client-oriented approach.‘
Bardek, Lisac, Mušec, Skoko in association with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria)
Led by Hrvoje Bardek, Bardek, Lisac, Mušec, Skoko in association with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria)'s 'very responsive' two-partner team provides 'impressive legal and commercial knowledge' to domestic and international corporates on their investments in the country. It has recently been busy advising major international corporates on their investments in Croatian start-ups, exemplified by Bardek's recent work for Porsche on its €20m investment in Rimac and Greyp Bikes (owned by Croatian entrepreneur Mate Rimac). Recently promoted to partner, the 'knowledgeable, efficient and approachable' Marija Zrno also played a key role on the aforementioned mandate, and in addition to her transactional work has also developed a strong reputation advising corporates on data protection compliance matters.
‘The team’s legal and commercial knowledge was impressive and helped us, a new market entrant, to understand the relevant legal environment to a greater extent.‘
‘They pay attention to details and still tend to co-operate in simplifying the matters in order to enhance the signing/closing of the transaction.‘
‘Marija Zrno works well with legal counsels of the counter party and endeavours to find balanced legal solutions.‘
‘ Very responsive.‘
‘Impressive legal and commercial knowledge.‘
Fundusz Ekspansji Zagranicznej FIZ (Polish International Development Fund)
- Advising Porsche on its €20m investment in Rimac and Greyp Bikes.
- Acted for Bavarian company, Hawle Armaturen, on its acquisition of former competitor, joint stock company MIV d.d.
- Assisting Austria-based company Weitzer Pana with the full scope of corporate, investment and transaction matters in Croatia.
Now headed by Damir Topić, Divjak, Topic & Bahtijarevic has a strong reputation in the market for handling big-ticket M&A mandates and ongoing commercial work for large international corporates, particularly within highly regulated industry sectors. Topic regularly handles M&A transactions for international asset managers and their portfolio companies; he recently advised private equity sponsor, KKR, on the Croatian aspects of the sale of a majority share interest in a multi-play telecoms and media provider in South East Europe. 'Highly professional and customer-oriented' senior associate Ema Škugor is a key contact for many of the biggest corporate clients represented by the firm, including Heineken. Leveraging her EU law expertise, she also has a niche specialism in public procurement matters.
‘The team provides advice in a professional and expeditious manner.‘
‘Ema Škugor takes a real personal approach to her work.‘
‘Ema Škugor is highly professional and customer-oriented.‘
AFP (Aluflexpack) / Montana Tech components AG
Nommura International Plc
AR Packaging AB
Japan Tobacco International
Globe Trade Center
- Advised KKR on the sale of a majority share interest in a multi-play telecoms and media provider in South East Europe to a leading international investment firm.
- Acted for AR Packaging on its acquisition of all outstanding shares in a Croatian producer of high-quality folding carton products for the tobacco, food and consumer goods segments.
- Assisting Heineken with a range of ongoing corporate and commercial matters relating to its Croatian operations.
'Outstanding in all areas they work in', Law Firm Glinska & Miškovic Ltd provides an 'excellent level of service' to multinational and domestic companies. Leveraging close direct ties with local and international entities from a range of industry sectors and also regularly working alongside large international law firms (including DLA Piper with which it has a close relationship), the team's work runs the gamut from large corporate restructuring mandates, through to big-ticket M&A matters. 'One of the best in Croatia', team head Aleksej Mišković is regularly at the forefront of the most significant mandates handled by the firm, including his work for core client, Rixecker Investment KG, on its recent takeover of Metalska Industrija Varaždin, the largest Croatian fittings and foundry producers. The 'creative and solutions-oriented' Beata Glinska is also recommended.
‘The firm provides deeply profound, responsive and strategic advice.‘
‘The level of service is excellent in quality, industry knowledge and legal content.‘
‘Aleksej Mišković is one of the best in Croatia.‘
‘Beata Glinska is creative and solutions-oriented.‘
‘We enjoy working with Beata Glinska not only because of her creative approach to problem solving, but also because of her in-depth knowledge and precision, as well as dedication to provide the best possible solution to her clients.‘
‘Outstanding in all areas they work in.‘
‘Excellent level of service.‘
Rixecker Investment KG
Tower Property Fund Limited
M7 Real Estate
Fortress Investment Group
- Advised Erste Group Bank on the transfer of business assets and shares to a prominent investor.
- Acting for Rixecker Investment KG on to its shareholding package in Metalska Industrija Varaždin.
- Advising Jadranski naftovod on corporate governance matters.
Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC
Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC advises domestic, regional and international companies on day-to-day corporate and commercial matters, as well as big-ticket transactional work. Team head Vladimir Mamić has vast experience across a range of industry sectors, including insurance, media, healthcare and energy sectors. Mamic handles a significant amount of regional work for M+ Group, including advising on its recent IPO listing on the Zagreb Stock Exchange. The team has also been involved in some high-profile corporate restructuring assignments. Nikola Kokot is also recommended.
Hrvatska elektroprivreda d.d. (HEP d.d.) – Croatian electricity provider
Meritus Plus Group
Allianz Zagreb d.d.
SCRAP Leasing d.o.o.
- Advising the local subsidiary of Deloitte across various corporate, commercial and labour law issues, including the provision of highly complex legal opinions (such as new European legislation regarding conducting audits related to subjects of public interest) and representation in judicial proceedings arising from the respective issues.
- Acting for media group Styria on drafting and providing overall legal assistance concerning the execution of several agreements on business cooperation with the client’s business partners, as well as complete support in regards to harmonisation with new EU GDPR-applicable provisions.
- Advising Jadrolinija, Croatian state-owned sea shipping company, on a major corporate restructuring matter.
Picking up purely local work and often working in co-ordination with offices from across the firm's CEE network on mandates involving a significant Croatian nexus, the 'professional and client-oriented' team at Wolf Theiss - Zagreb branch provides a 'very commercial service' on M&A mandates, ongoing commercial advice, and the establishment or expansion of local Croatian operations by international corporate clients. The team is particularly strong advising on financial services M&A, including its recent work for SIA on the closing of its acquisition of First Data’s card processing businesses in Croatia, Serbia, Hungary and Romania. Team head Luka Tadić-Čolić is recommended.
‘They are professional, experienced, client-oriented and focused lawyers who work very well individually, as well as a team.‘
‘Very commercial service.‘
‘Professional and client-oriented.‘
Adriatic Gate (International Container Terminal Services)
Advent International Corporation
ALSO International Services GmbH
Bain Capital Private Equity
Bolidt Kunststoftoepassing B.V.
C&A Mode GmbH
Citigroup Global Markets
DDM Group AG
B2 Holding ASA
Emil Frey Holding
Faunus Selva k.d.
Global Bet Holding (Wettpunkt Group)
Global Ports Holding A.S.
Grand Circle LLC
Hemisphere International Properties B.V. (Steinhoff Europe)
Isoclima S.p.A. / Lipik Glas d.o.o.
Kali Tuna d.o.o.
Keune Holding BV
Marinetek Finland Oy
MediaCom Central Europe Zagreb
Munich RE Group (Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft)
Piaggio Hrvatska d.o.o.
ROCA Croatia d.o.o.
RUFI Immobilien GmbH
Stirling Square Capital Partners
Umdasch Shopfitting Group GmbH
Vermilion Zagreb Exploration d.o.o.
- Advising German reinsurance company, Munich RE Group, on the sale of its life and non-life Ergo subsidiaries in Croatia.
- Acting for DDM Group and B2 Holding as bidders on the “Solaris” transaction, consisting of the acquisition of Heta’s entire shareholding in Abduco as well as the acquisition of Heta’s (i) portfolios of non-performing debt and/or leasing receivables with aggregate outstanding claims of approximately €450m and (ii) real estate located in Croatia with an aggregate market value of approximately €40m.
- Assisting SIA with the corporate restructuring of its newly acquired card processing business in Croatia, Serbia, Hungary and Romania.
As one of the longest-established firms in the market and benefiting from significant strength-in-depth at partner and associate level, Žurić i Partneri is well placed to advise domestic and international corporates across a wide array of ongoing corporate and commercial work associated with doing business in the country, in addition to handling high-profile M&A mandates. Recent highlights include Miroslav Plašćar 's work for OTP Bank on its high-profile merger with Splitska Bank. 'Quick thinking and approachable' senior partner Duško Žurić has particular expertise advising clients on domestic investments in the energy, infrastructure and real estate fields, while Daniela Mayer (who heads up the Italian desk) is particularly accomplished at handing commercial work, including advice on on cross-border agency, distribution, supply and work contracts agreements, as well as research and development (R&D) and IP licensing arrangements. Edin Karakaš has 'impeccable knowledge of judicial practices and new corporate legislation' and is regularly involved in high-end M&A deals and regulatory projects.
Duško Žurić; Daniela Mayer
‘The firm’s solutions and advice target our particular requests and have been of great value for our company so far.‘
‘Confidentiality, loyalty and integrity combined with the excellent service are their key strengths.‘
‘The firm is approachable, professional and fast in responding to our legal questions.‘
‘One of the best law firms in Croatia and the region, in terms of size, professionalism and history.‘
‘Miroslav Plascar has superior research and analytical skills, and is able to process large volumes of information quickly and formulate an effective strategy for each case that is assigned to his workload.‘
‘Edin Karakaš has impeccable knowledge of judicial practices and new corporate legislation.‘
‘Ana Vrsaljko Metelko is very skilled and worth recommending.‘
‘Duško Žurić is quick thinking and approachable.‘
OTP banka d.d.
- Advising OTP banka on matters relating to its merger with Splitska banka.
A well-established presence in the market, Bogdanovic, Dolicki & Partners leverages the strong ties it has with many domestic corporates from a panoply of sectors, including financial services and tourism, and also regularly handles work for multinationals, much of which it generates by dint of the firm's "best friends" relationship with large international law firm Hogan Lovells International LLP. Name partner Tin Dolicki has an 'excellent reputation' for M&A and corporate work.
One of the largest law firms in the country, Hanzekovic & Partners has the critical mass to handle a significant volume of day-to-day corporate work for domestic and international clients, as well as to advise on transactional work, including M&A and demergers, public takeovers and joint ventures. Praised for her 'technical knowledge and commercial approach', Irina Jelčić is a key member of the team and recently led the firm's work for Mato Škojo on the sale of his shares in Mlinar, a leading Croatian bakery retail and wholesale business, to Mid Europa Partners in what was one of the largest M&A deals in Croatia in recent years.
Irina Jelčić; Andrea Domac Ričković
‘The firm is very knowledgeable in respect of corporate law and transactional matters in Croatia.‘
‘The team is client oriented and has impressive market and legal knowledge.‘
‘Irina Jelčić is a standout partner, particularly in relation to corporate/M&A work. She is very well informed and shows a real interest in understanding what works for her clients. She has excellent technical knowledge of the legal documentation as well as taking a commercial and robust view to negotiations.‘
‘Combined expertise of both domestic and international sectors makes Irina Jelčić a unique choice for our legal help.‘
‘Irina Jelčić is a top lawyer in the commercial, corporate and M&A field of law.‘
Mr Mato Škojo
GRAND DALEWEST LIMITED 2
Adris Grupa d.d.
Boris Bruno Weiss
- Acted for Mato Škojo on the sale of the shares in Mlinar, a leading Croatian bakery retail and wholesale business, to Mid Europa Partners.
- Advised Adris Grupa on the acquisition of a controlling interest in a company which indirectly owns the majority share in hospitality, catering and tourism company, HUP Zagreb.
- Provided an analysis of the legal framework needed for the establishment of the first specialised company for the long-term rental of vehicles.
KOVACEVIC PRPIC SIMEUNOVIC LLC acts for Croatian companies and local subsidiaries of international corporates across a range of ongoing commercial matters associated with conducting business in the country (including in relation to corporate governance matters and advice on supply/distribution agreements), as well as on M&A transactions. The 'experienced and pragmatic' Dinka Kovačević is well versed at handling complex cross-border mandates across a range of industry sectors, including infrastructure, telecoms and energy; she recently advised a Chinese investor on the due diligence of a Croatian joint stock company owning a 270MW wind farm project in an advanced stage of development. The team has also recently been active assisting with GDPR-related compliance matters.
Dinka Kovačević; Martina Prpić; Danijela Simeunović
‘Dinka Kovačević is very experienced, responsive and pragmatic.‘
NORINCO International Cooperation Ltd
SYNLAB HRVATSKA – Polyclinic, member of the SYNLAB GROUP (Synlab Holding GmbH)
RADIN PRINT d.o.o.
MP-FILMSKA PRODUKCIJA d.o.o.
BTA Havalimanları Yiyecek ve İçecek A.Ş. and BTA CROATIA d.o.o.
Hrvatska poštanska banka dioničko društvo (HPB d.d.)
BUTAN PLIN d.o.o.
Hrvatski Telekom d.d.
Zavarovalnica Sava, zavaravovalna družba d.d.
HPB-Stambena štedionica, dioničko društvo za stambenu štednju
STARMAC AIRCRAFT HOLDINGS DESIGNATED ACTIVITY COMPANY PULSAR ENGINES NO. 3 DESIGNATED ACTIVITY COMPANY
Xella Porobeton HR d.o.o. in liquidation and Ytong Porobeton d.o.o.
- Advised C2H Equity, a Czech investment fund, on a potential acquisition of textile group companies.
- Acting for MP-Filmska Produkcija on production and co-production agreements, intellectual property rights, lease of filming locations, employment and regulatory issues arising from production activities in Croatia.
- Advised Magdis on a capital increase, issuance of new share interests and shareholders’ structure.
Madirazza & Partners advises domestic and international entities on M&A work, as well as day-to-day corporate and commercial matters - including corporate governance advice and guidance on contractual law matters. The 'experienced and calm' Josip Madirazza regularly handles M&A matters within the telecoms, energy and pharmaceutical sectors. He has also established a market-leading reputation for handling corporate restructuring matters and has had a pivotal role for many major financial institution creditors on the high-profile Agrokor insolvency.
Josip Madirazza; Morana Herak; Tatjana Radmilovic
‘The firm is very client oriented.‘
‘The experienced Josip Madirazza is a calm attorney, who is open minded when seeking solutions.‘
‘Morana Herak has high sense of responsibility for her work, she is responsive to the client and solution-oriented.‘
‘Senior associate Marinka Kovačić has very good knowledge of energy transactions.‘
VTB Bank (Europe) SE
HRVATSKI TELEKOM d.d.
Triglav INT, holdinška družba, d.d.
PTR PRIME TOURIST RESORTS (CYPRUS) LIMITED
wpd europe GmbH
RALU LOGISTIKA d.o.o.
- Advised VTB Bank and many other major international financial institutions, as creditors, on the €2.6bn Agrokor restructuring.
- Acted for Hrvatski Telekom on the divestment of its electricity business to RWE, the second largest electricity supplier in Croatia.
- Advised Triglav INT on its acquisition of a majority interest in Raiffeisen Pension Insurance Company from Raiffeisenbank Austria.
Led by 'knowledgeable and solution-oriented' managing partner Mojmir Ostermann, Ostermann & Partners LLP is particularly adept at handling distressed M&A-related matters. In addition to working on a significant amount of buy-side work for investors on NPL mandates, the team also recently advised strategic investor, Meteor Group, on its high-profile debt-for-equity swap of troubled Croatian alcoholic and soft drinks producer Badel 1862.
‘The team’s availability and response to the client’s demands is excellent.‘
‘The team is at all times ready and willing to address/tackle all issues that the client requests as the transaction progresses.‘
‘As a client we always have the impression that they are on top of things and this is very important for us.‘
‘Mojmir Ostermann is knowledgeable and solution-oriented.‘
Connecting Europe Broadband Fund
Total Television for telecommunications
- Acted for a strategic investor, Meteor Group, on its €100m acquisition of Badel 1862, the largest and oldest wines and alcoholic beverages producer in Croatia.
- Acted for Connecting Europe Broadband Fund on the establishment of an investment vehicle for an open-access network in the rural areas of the two North-Western counties in Croatia.
- Advising Agrokor on the management and oversight of shareholders’ meetings of listed Agrokor subsidiaries.
Led from Zagreb by Ivan Einwalter and also regularly working alongside colleagues from across the firm's CEE and SEE network of offices, the 'modern and proactive' team at Schoenherr in cooperation with Croatian lawyers is well placed to advise on multi-jurisdictional mandates from across a wide array of industry sectors, including media, telecoms and retail. This multi-office approach was recently exemplified by the firm's representation (which was led out of Zagreb but also involved significant input from the firm's Vienna and Belgrade offices) of Sberbank - the largest single creditor of Agrokor on its restructuring. Dina Vlahov Buhin has been at the forefront of numerous M&A matters led from the office.
‘Their approach and willingness to co-operate, as well as their efficiency is very much appreciated.‘
‘The team includes a lot of enthusiastic and very smart young people.‘
‘The team is modern and proactive.‘
Josip Milavić (founder of Studenac)
Société Générale SA
SBERBANK of RUSSIA
ALCA ZAGREB d.o.o.
Hotelbeds Group SL.
Mercury Processing Services International d.o.o.
LOCOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES LLC
Johnson & Johnson S.A.
- Advised Josip Milavić on the sale of his entire stake in Studenac to Polish Enterprise Fund VIII, a private equity fund managed by Enterprise Investors.
- Acted for TUI on a joint venture with Sunce koncern, for the purpose of development of a hotel project in Croatia.
- Assisting Sberbank of Russia and its local ex-Yugoslavia subsidiaries with a multi-layered mandate regarding its exposure to the Croatian food and retail conglomerate Agrokor, its subsidiaries and affiliates within the extraordinary administration procedure over Agrokor Group.
Established in 2017 by former Šavorić & Partners lawyer Branimir Žarkovic, Law Office Žarkovic has made significant inroads in the market, primarily for international corporates, across a range of corporate and commercial matters in the country. The 'client-oriented and responsive' team has recently handled numerous M&A mandates in the hospitality and transportation sectors.
‘The team is very responsive and knowledgeable.‘
‘The team is client-oriented and responsive.’
‘An exceptional team of professional and knowledgeable lawyers which helped us favourably in every legal case/issue we have had so far.‘
‘Their main strength is, although young team by average age, their experience in local and International trade law is unrivalled in Croatia.‘
‘With his enormous legal knowledge, experience and multidisciplinary approach, Branimir Žarković helped us in many negotiations, signing contracts and due diligence.‘
OHM Management Group d.o.o.
Alkyon Partners Gmbh
Amon Ra LLC
Karl Blaha (Blaha Family Office)
OX Capital Markets
- Advising OHM Management Group on a number of investment projects.
- Acted for Karl Blaha on the incorporation of local SPVs for his intended projects in Croatia (currently three SPVs).
- Assisted the Skinest Group (primarily AS Skinest Rail as the mother company) with the acquisition of a prominent Croatian NPL.
The 'enthusiastic and energetic' corporate team at Batarelo Dvojkovic Vuchetich Law Firm LLP has made substantial inroads into the market following its establishment in 2017 and has continued its growth strategy with a number of notable new hires at an associate level. Praised for its 'practical and commercial approach', the firm has picked up some 'critical matters for entrepreneurs' and corporates, particularly within the TMT, retail, food and beverages, and tourism sectors. Ivan Dvojkovic is a 'very trusted adviser' and handles a range of corporate governance, M&A and corporate restructuring work.
Ivan Dvojković; Laurenz Vuchetich
‘In my view the firm is one of the strongest M&A offerings in the country.‘
‘Enthusiastic and energetic.‘
‘Practical and commercial approach.‘
‘Laurenz Vuchetich has good expertise in restructuring.‘
‘Ivan Dvojkovic works on sensitive matters like takeovers and is a very trusted advisor.‘
European Coastal Airlines d.o.o.
Industrieliegschaftenverwaltung AG and Kaltenberg Bayern
Day 8 Ltd
Government of the Republic of Croatia
Adria Capital Partners LLC
Provectus Capital d.o.o.
Nova Liburnija d.o.o
European SeaPlane Service GmbH
Otago Beteiliungs GmbH
Adma Fӧrvaltnings AB
Forum Media Group
Invest Sedlić d.o.o
- Advising the working group of the Croatian government on its negotiations and conclusion of an investment/advisory agreement with Lazard concerning the engagement for the repurchase of the majority stake in the oil company INA d.d.
- Acting for European Coastal Airlines on its corporate restructuring in pre-insolvency proceedings, advising on its day-to-day corporate matters and on its negotiations with potential new investors.
- Advising Franck on its corporate and financial restructuring throughout a period of 20 months, from the enactment of the so-called “Lex Agrokor” in Croatia.
Bradvica Marić Wahl Cesarec
Jointly headed by the 'solution-oriented' Neven Marić and 'exceptional' Matthias Wahl, Bradvica Marić Wahl Cesarec's two-partner team handles M&A, corporate restructuring and joint venture structuring for corporates from a range of industry sectors, including energy, financial services, automotive and tourism. German-qualified partner Wahl is particularly strong at advising corporates from Germany, Austria and Switzerland on matters with a Croatian nexus.
Neven Marić; Matthias Wahl
‘This is a great team that is easily accessible and always provides precise and correct answers.‘
‘The firm is truly a one-stop shop where you can get the right advice in the right moment.‘
‘Neven Marić has a lot of experience, especially on bigger M&A transactions and corporate law and combines this experience with a practical approach.‘
‘Neven Marić is solution oriented.‘
‘Ivan Luetić has very good communication skills and delivers high quality advice.‘
‘Matthias Wahl is exceptional.‘
Bemis Manufacturing Company
OT Industries Hungary
TPA tax and audit Group
Groz Beckert Group
Gryphon Invest AG
- Advising Gryphon Invest on the acquisition of Croatian Novo Gaming and its affiliated group companies from Austria-based sister company Novomatic.
- Advised Bemis, the world’s largest toilet seat producer, on the acquisition of 100% of the shares of the biggest regional toilet seat producer Ivanicplast from its sole shareholder, Vitomir Klasic.
- Assisting Wienerberger Group with its merger with Tondach, a Croatian sister company that ceased to exist following reorganisational changes within the Wienerberger Group.
Ilej & Partners has a strong reputation in Croatia among international and domestic clients for its ability to handle purely domestic work, in addition to work throughout the Balkan region by virtue of its ties with Karanovic & Partners in cooperation with local lawyers. Led by Goran Ilej, the firm has been particularly active of late advising clients in the hospitality sector on M&A matters.
Goran Ilej; Franka Baica
Bureau Veritas International SAS
Novasol d.o.o., Croatian subsidiary of Novasol A/S
- Advising a worldwide French corporation, Bureau Veritas International, on its acquisition of a Croatian issuer of maritime certificates.
- Acted for Novasol on its acquisition of Croatian company Plan Adria.
- Advising CBS International on all corporate and commercial matters necessary for conducting its day-to-day business in Croatia.
Law Office Lacmanovic
Led by the 'professional and experienced' Natalija Lacmanovic, Law Office Lacmanovic is 'especially good at handling M&A deals and transactions'. Lacmanovic's primary strength in this area is in the tourism and hotel space, particularly as it relates to NPL sales with sizeable hotel assets underpinning the loans.
‘Top-notch team of professionals who are efficient, proactive, business- oriented and deliver top-quality services.‘
‘Provides concrete, practical and business driven advice, outstanding negotiating and other soft skills. Excellent analytical skills.‘
‘The firm is especially good at handling M&A deals and transactions.‘
‘Natalija Lacmanovic is an outstanding problem solver and a lawyer with in-depth legal expertise across several legal fields, including commercial, corporate and M&A.‘
‘Natalija Lacmanović is professional and experienced.‘
‘Natalija Lacmanovic is a pleasure to work with.‘
HETA Asset Resolution AG and HETA Beteiligungen GmbH
Globalization Partners International Inc.
Austria Bio Garantie GmbH
Motus Melior d.o.o.
- Advising Heta Asset Resolution and Heta Beteiligunge on the sale of Rezidencija Skiper, which includes 5-star Kempinski Hotel Adriatic, golf resort and a number of luxurious villas, to the Serbian MK Group.
- Assisting Globalization Partners International with the legal framework in Croatia with respect to temporary employment agencies, representing the client before the Ministry of Labour and Pension System and other public institutions, establishing the limited liability company in Croatia and advising the client on employment agreements and national labour law legislation.
- Acting for Motus Melior, a leading Croatian sports and rehabilitation centre, on the shareholders’ agreement and exit of two shareholders.
The 'commercial and business-oriented' boutique firm Marohnic, Tomek & Gjoic, Law Firm has successfully cultivated a strong offering in the asset management space, both in terms of structuring and M&A activity for funds and managers. 'Always abreast of industry trends', team head Josip Marohnić also has niche expertise in relation to public procurement matters.
‘The team has in-depth knowledge and understanding of our needs and is able to always respond to them quickly and efficiently.‘
‘The team is commercial and business oriented.‘
‘The individuals are all highly trained and dedicated to their clients.‘
‘The friendly, professional approach is a breath of fresh air for our investments in Croatia.‘
‘Their proactive approach has been paramount in our ability to successfully pursue investments in Croatia and the wider SEE region.‘
‘Josip Marohnić is always abreast of industry trends.‘
‘They always go the extra mile to finish the job.‘
‘Tonka Gjoic is approachable, knowledgeable and reliable.‘
Feelsgood Capital Partners
PCC Biomasa Karlovac d.o.o.
LCN Capital Partners
Balkan Properties Limited UK
Rigi Real Estate
CONTROL PROCESS SPÓŁKA AKCYJNA
Essity Croatia d.o.o.
Medvednica Nature Park Governance Authority
- Advising Feelsgood Capital Partners (General Partners of the Fund) on the establishment and further operation of a €30m investment fund active within the Social Impact Accelerator of the European Investment Fund.
- Assisted project development company PCC Biomasa Karlovac with the sale of the biomass cogeneration power plant located in Karlovac, Croatia.
- Advised Rigi Real Estate on a biogas power plant dryer facility and eco-fertilizer product development in partnership with the Croatian Faculty of Agriculture.
Matekovic Law Firm handles a range of day-to-day corporate and commercial advisory work for domestic and international clients, in addition to a steady flow of M&A mandates. Name partner Krešimir Mateković is the core practitioner in the practice and is particularly well known for his work within the pharmaceutical sector.
‘Krešimir Mateković is supportive, knowledgeable and accessible.‘
Adriatic Luxury Development
Banca Farmafactoring S.p.A.
China Dynamics (Holdings) Limited
Luxottica South Eastern Europe
NOVO NORDISK Hrvatska
Quada – projekt L.p.
Raiffeisen – Leasing
RL – ETA
Sanofi Aventis Groupe
Sanofi – Aventis Croatia
- Advised China Dynamics (Holdings) on the sale of shares in Rimac Automobili and in Greyp Bikes.
- Acted for Quada – projekt (the Croatian subsidiary of German company Quada Buamanagement) on its €1.6m sale of its business to Croatian businessman, Željko Orešković.
- Assisted Raiffeisen-Leasing with the sale of 100% shares in Croatian company RL-Gamma Ltd.
Porobija & Porobija has a strong reputation in the local market. As well as regularly working on domestic corporate and commercial mandates, it also frequently works alongside international law firms on significant cross-border matters.
Praljak & Svic Law Firm
Jointly headed by Marko Praljak and Marin Svic, Praljak & Svic Law Firm's two-partner team provides 'reliable, focused and professional' advice to domestic and international clients. The range of work is wide, from day-to-day corporate housekeeping, through to joint venture structuring and M&A matters.
Marko Praljak; Marin Svic
‘The team is reliable, focused and professional.‘
‘Vitorija Svić is highly competent on corporate law issues and market regulations.‘
- Advised TOKIĆ on the acquisition of AUTOCENTAR MARINIĆI.
Led by 'experienced and practical' name partner Hrvoje Vidan, Vidan Law Office provides a 'knowledgeable and professional service' to SMEs and larger corporations. Work includes corporate governance advice and M&A structuring.
‘The firm has in-depth understanding of corporate work and vast experience with M&A transactions.‘
‘It provides a knowledgeable and professional service.‘
‘Hrvoje Vidan is a pleasure to work with and is always able to offer practical solutions for the matters at hand.‘
‘Hrvoje Vidan is experienced and practical.‘
Leveraging its position as the country's premier IP firm, Vukmir & Associates handles a considerable amount of commercial and transactional corporate work for IP-rich companies, including those within the hi-tech, IT and pharmaceutical sectors. Led by the 'responsive and knowledgeable' Tomislav Pedišić, the team has handled numerous GDPR-related projects for clients.
Sanja Tkalec Kovač; Ivan Ćuk; Tomislav Pedišić
‘The firm has an an excellent knowledge of the business and legal environment and a versatile approach to each question, case and matter.‘
‘They kept us regularly updated as the matter progressed which ensured we reached a commercially successful outcome.‘
‘The very polite Tomislav Pedišić provides a very responsive advice.‘
‘Tomislav Pedišić was excellent and we would recommend him to other UK firms that require legal services in Croatia.‘
‘Tomislav Pedišić is responsive and knowledgeable.‘
Procter & Gamble
Trelleborg AB / Trelleborg Croatia
Erste&Steiermärkische Bank d.d.
Payback (part of American Express Group)
Angelini Pharma Österreich GmbH
Njuskalo.hr / Styria
- Advised a German multinational engineering and technology company on the launch of an e-bike application on the local market, including the review and localisation of contractual documentation, as well as providing legal advice on different regulatory and consumer protection issues.
- Assisting Microsoft with an extensive survey on potential blockers for use of Cloud services in the infrastructure sector.
- Advised a Chinese multinational telecoms equipment and consumer electronics company on an extensive survey on various regulatory and data privacy/cybersecurity issues related to the performance of business activities on the local market.
Law firm Bekina, Škurla, Durmiš and Spajic Ltd
The 'knowledgeable and proactive' team at Law firm Bekina, Škurla, Durmiš and Spajic Ltd provides a 'very responsive' service to a primarily internationally-focused client base from across the tourism, energy and financial services sectors. Branimir Škurla has 'vast legal knowledge' and deploys this to great effect on corporate housekeeping matters and M&A mandates.
Branimir Škurla; Goran Durmiš; Hrvoje Spajić; Željko Bekina
‘Branimir Škurla has vast legal knowledge.‘
‘The team is knowledgeable and proactive.‘
Law Firm Ecimovic & Kaleb LLC
Jointly headed by name partners Ivan Kaleb and Josip Ećimović, the 'very professional' team at Law Firm Ecimovic & Kaleb LLC provides 'solution-oriented' advice to domestic and international corporations across the panoply of day-to-day matters (including as it relates to commercial contracts and corporate governance), as well as on transactional work, including M&A matters.
Ivan Kaleb; Josip Ećimović
‘The innovative and business friendly way of resolving legal issues, while leaving no stone unturned is what makes the practice unique.‘
‘Ivan Kaleb is easy to work with, open minded and knowledgeable. He has the ability to quickly assess a situation and to find solutions.‘
‘Josip Ećimović and Ivan Kaleb are excellent corporate lawyers who are able to clarify complex matters very quickly and efficiently.‘
Gajski, Grlic, Prka & Partners
Jointly headed by Mladen Prka and Martina Gajski, Gajski, Grlić, Prka & Partners provides 'innovative, responsive and efficient' advice to domestic and international corporates across a wide range of corporate and commercial matters. The team has developed a strong reputation for restructuring/insolvency work, in part due to its work for Agrokor on various issues related to its high-profile insolvency.
Mladen Prka; Martina Gajski
‘The firm treats you as a most important client, everything is done on time with excellent understanding of the legal problem.‘
‘Multi sectoral knowledge, willingness to adopt to specific client’s needs, very intelligent and co-operative.‘
‘Mladen Prka and Elias Ernst are very responsive and dedicated.‘
‘Martina Gajski – always available, quick turnaround time, experienced in commercial law.‘
NCP Repair Shipyard Šibenik Ltd
SENSE ESCO Ltd
- Acted for Agrokor in a crisis management and restructuring procedure – The Extraordinary Administration Proceedings.
- Advising Agrokor on the intended disposal of its non-core business operations following implementation of the Settlement in the Crisis Management Proceedings.
- Advised Uljanik on its restructuring process and negotiations with strategic investors.
Gugić, Kovačić & Krivić law firm excels at advising on 'sophisticated and unusual' corporate and commercial matters, particularly within the travel and leisure industry. The firm also benefits from close ties with the relevant public authorities, including Financial Agency officials and public notary offices, and is well placed to act for international clients looking to do business in the country.
Trpimir Gugić; Damjan Krivić
‘Readiness to accept new mandates and out of box cases makes them unique.‘
‘Handles sophisticated and unusual matters.‘
MONTMONTAŽA d.d.(MONTMONTAZA PLC),
Hrvatski Telekom d.d. (CROATIAN TELECOM INC.),
KARISMA RESORTS INTERNATIONAL S.A.
China Aoyuan Property Group Limited
DDM Group AG
HAWLE Deustchland Beteiligung GmbH,
Hrvatski zavod za zapošljavanje (Croatian Employment Service Bureau)
Samsung Electronics Austria Gmbh
ROCHE d.o.o. (Roche Ltd)
MAZNA HOLDINGS d.o.o. (MAZNA HOLDINGS Ltd.)
- Advised Montmontaza plc on its sale to RWE Croatia.
- Acted for Croatian Telecom on the negotiations of partnership terms with Zagrebačka banka regarding a new product – digital mobile banking channel/application.
- Handling a range of corporate and commercial work for Karisma Resorts International.
Krehic & Partners Law Firm in cooperation with Deloitte Legal
The merger of The Law Office Krehic & Stanicic and Orešković & Partners Law Firm to create Krehic & Partners Law Firm in cooperation with Deloitte Legal has effectuated an even greater offering in the region, particularly in light of Tarja Krehic's corporate experience in the the telecoms sector. The firm's ability to leverage the firm's institutional tax expertise by virtue of the firm's Deloitte network provides a 'very cohesive and commercial' offering to local entrepreneurs and multinationals across a range of M&A, restructuring and regulatory compliance matters.
Fortuna Game a.s.
Zvecevo Ltd (Croatia)
INA (MOL group)
SDA Retail Ltd
Arena Centar Zagreb d.d.
Croatian Chamber of Economy
DUKAT (Lactalis group)
Lura Grupa d.d.
Vantage Leasing d.o.o.
MONDO INC d.o.o.
- Advising Mobilisis Ltd (Croatia) on corporate matters and procurement procedures.
- Acted for Bygghemma Group First AB on its investment in Furniture1 UAB.
- Advised RTL Hrvatska on due diligence concerning a potential acquisition of assets related to web portals / domains held by third party.
Led by Andrej Šooš Maceljski, M&S Partners handles a mix of day-to-day commercial counselling, corporate governance and transactional work for clients within the energy, hospitality and real estate sectors. The team has also been active advising one of the main non-bank creditors of the Agrokor restructuring.
Andrej Šooš Maceljski
Headed out of the firm's Rijeka headquarters by Ivana Manovelo, Macesic & Partners LLC provides 'responsive and pragmatic' advice across a range of corporate and commercial matters, including those associated with the energy and transportation sectors. The firm has also been increasingly active in the technology sector as a result of handling a significant amount of work for a notable Croatian start-up, Bellabeat.
‘The firm has a longstanding presence on the Croatian market where it continuously maintains a high reputation and is noted for its work with both domestic as well as international clients and on international transactions.‘
‘The firm has a thorough knowledge of commercial and corporate law, great commercial thinking and adaptability to the client’s needs.‘
‘The team is responsive and pragmatic.‘
Caronte & Tourist Isole Minori S.p.A.
White Falcon Petroleum Technologies
P&S Capital d.o.o.
Law Office Mucalo
Headed by Igor Mucalo, Law Office Mucalo provides a one-stop shop service to international and domestic clients when starting, running or expanding their business in Croatia. As well as his ability to advise on the corporate elements of M&A matters, Mucalo is also well versed on competition law issues and is able to provide the necessary merger control issues that may occur, particularly as it pertains to the telecoms space.
‘The firm really took time to get to know me as a client and provides me with advanced counsel regarding my legal obligations without me asking them to do so.‘
‘All the people (I worked with) from the firm are pleasant, easy to work with, highly competent and excellent in their respective field of expertise.‘
Croatian Telecom (member of DT group – Croatian telecom incumbent)
HEP (Hrvatska elektroprivreda – Croatian electricity incumbent)
HP – HRVATSKA POŠTA (Croatian postal incumbent)
INA (Croatian oil and gas incumbent)
Profil Group (one of the leading Croatian book and textbook publishers and bookshops)
Bavaria N. V.
Continental Film (a major film distributor in the region)
- Advising HEP, as the investor, on the construction of two biomass cogeneration power plants.
- Assisting Croatian Post with the carve out of its EVO TV service (Pay TV service).
- Acting for Ezpada on the acquisition of the remaining minority share in the Croatian electricity and gas retailer Proenergy.
Law Office Skerlev
At Law Office Skerlev, name partner Branko Skerlev has niche expertise advising private equity and venture capital funds on regulatory issues, as well as their M&A activity in Croatia. Skerlev has 'considerable experience in complex capital markets matters, M&A deals and private equity transactions', and brings added real world expertise as a result of his former role as in-house counsel at a Croatian alternative investment group.
‘The team has developed a strong reputation for its work on behalf of corporate clients in Croatia on private equity and M&A projects.‘
‘Branko Skerlev provides strategic and practical advice.‘
‘Branko Skerlev has considerable experience in complex capital markets matters, M&A deals and private equity transactions.‘