Recognised as a 'market-leader for private equity-related transactions', as well regularly advising on strategic M&A, Šavoric & Partners has a role in many of the most Croatia-related deals in the market, across the spectrum of industry sectors, including financial services, telecoms and energy. Boris Šavorić and Lovro Gašparac are key members of the team and have both recently handled investment work for leading CEE-focused financial sponsor, Mid Europa Partners, on acquisitions in Croatia. Nina Radić-Kuzik advises international corporates on commercial and regulatory matters, as well as M&A work.
Commercial, corporate and M&A in Croatia
Boris Šavorić; Lovro Gašparac; Nina Radić Kuzik
Other key lawyers:
Andrea Ruba; Marin Herenda
‘The firm is a market-leader for private equity-related transactions.’
Mid Europa Partners
Lone Star Real Estate Fund
Enterprise Investors via Studenac
CVC Capital Partners
ENNA Logic d.o.o.
- Acted as Croatian counsel for Mid Europa Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in MLINAR pekarska industrija d.o.o., the leading Croatian bakery retail and wholesale business operating the largest bakery retail network in SEE.
- Acted as Croatian counsel for Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of its portfolio company CMC with Meritus Upravljanje (M+ Group), in return for an equity stake in the combined group.
- Advised Generali on the acquisition of the insurance portfolio of Izvor osiguranje d.d., a privately-owned insurance company.
A mainstay of the Croatian legal market, Žurić i Partneri has strong ties with many domestic and international corporates, which are appreciative of the firm's 'timely, professional and cost-effective service' across the waterfront of corporate and commercial matters. Duško Žurić has significant transactional expertise within the energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors, in particular, and was also recently engaged, alongside Edin Karakaš, by the EBRD to assist it in formulating the new Corporate Governance Code in Croatia. Dual Italian and Croatian-qualified partner Daniela Mayer has a strong reputation advising corporates on international commercial contracts, including on cross-border agency, distribution, supply and work contracts agreements, as well as R&D and IP licensing arrangements.
Duško Žurić; Daniela Mayer
Other key lawyers:
Miroslav Plašćar; Edin Karakaš; Ana Vrsaljko Metelko; Mihovil Granić; Maja Skansi; Vedran Kopilovic; Marija Vuchetich; Luka Vukelic; Andrijana Kastelan
‘The firm provides a timely, professional and cost-effective service.’
‘Always at your disposal, fast, very professional, and effectively combining business and legal advice.’
‘Their ability to provide advice that is in my best interests, while clearly stating all possible risks and their probabilities is what makes Zuric i Partneri our first choice.’
‘The lawyers are always available for us and we can rely on them to provide legal advice within an hour if needed.’
‘Marija Vuchetich has always delivered what she has promised.’
OTP Banka d.d.
ADRIATIC BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION – ABA LEAGUE
- Assisted the EBRD in developing and drafting the new Corporate Governance Code.
- Advised one of the biggest cash register system providers in Europe on its envisaged cross-border merger with two Croatian IT companies.
- Advised a regional basketball league on various corporate and commercial matters.
Babic & Partners Law Firm provides 'excellent legal support' to large international corporates on its M&A and other transactional activity, as well as on day-to-day commercial matters associated with conducting business in Croatia. The 'exceptional' Marija Gregoric and Iva Basaric co-head the team and have many years' experience advising corporates from a range of industry sectors.
Marija Gregoric; Iva Basaric
‘Our company received excellent legal support while staying in another country, which speaks to their excellent work co-ordination and process management.’
Forever Living Products International
Pet Network International
Bardek, Lisac, Mušec, Skoko in association with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria)
Benefiting from a 'deep knowledge of Croatian law and its application in a business setting', Bardek, Lisac, Mušec, Skoko in association with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria) is a popular choice among international corporates and funds to advise on their M&A activity in the country. Led by Marija Zrno, the team also forms an integral part of the firm's CEE network of offices and is often involved in regional transactions with a significant Croatian nexus. Both Zrno and Hrvoje Bardek recently advised Porsche on its acquisition of a further stake in high growth Croatian electric vehicle company Rimac. As well as handling a sizeable amount of investment work within the Croatian startup/growth ecosystem, the team is also regularly engaged in significant mandates for hotel groups and investors in the tourism and retail sectors.
Other key lawyers:
Hrvoje Bardek; Ivan Šoštarić
‘The team has a deep knowledge of Croatian law and its application in a business setting.’
Amazon Europe Core S.A R.L.
VSB Holding GmbH
Invest4SEE RE Investment Holding GmbH
Canon Croatia d.o.o.
Pentland Group Plc
Accolade Holding, a.s.
INFINITY GROUP LTD
Österreichische Post AG
OVERSEAS TRADE Co Ltd d.o.o.
Porsche Engineering Group GmbH
WABCO Austria GesmbH.
- Advised Porsche on increasing its stake in Rimac to 15.5%.
- Advising on the sell-side on the sale of 75% of Top Games to Gaming Innovation Group, a Stockholm-listed company, with the remaining 25% of Top Games retained by the local partner.
- Advising German-based IT company, SB Entwicklung, acquiring shares in Three of Them, an important player on the Croatian design, development, and social networking market.
The 'professional and client-oriented' team at Divjak Topic Bahtijarevic & Krka has 'deep knowledge of the legal framework', as well as the capacity to represent many high-profile corporates, including Heineken and Google, on their day-to-day commercial/operational requirements, as well as on discrete standalone projects. Team head Damir Topić is regularly at the forefront of the most significant cross-border M&A work handled by the firm, including his recent advice to United Group on the acquisition of the Croatian business of Tele2 AB. The 'helpful and friendly' Mario Krka is a 'wonderful deal-maker', and one of the rare breed of Croatian lawyers that is able to combine corporate expertise with 'first-rate' competition knowledge. Recently promoted to partner, the 'very talented and highly intelligent' Ema Škugor has a thriving reputation in the market and is highly valued by corporate clients on transactional and regulatory issues, including those impacting the insurance and telecoms sectors. Dual German and Croatian-qualified lawyer, Marina Kovač Krka was also recently promoted to partner and is particularly appreciated by German corporate clients undertaking business in the country.
Other key lawyers:
Mario Krka; Marina Kovač Krka; Ema Škugor
‘The professional team has deep knowledge of the legal framework and provides client-oriented advice.’
‘The team members specialise in different areas of expertise, but also have to keep the big picture in mind. Thus, they organise their internal workflows excellently and cover all areas of a case.’
‘The helpful, dedicated and very friendly Mario Krka is a wonderful deal-maker.’
‘Ema Skugor: very talented lawyer and highly intelligent, with a spot on understanding on what the client needs.’
‘Marina Kovac: provides perfectly structured advice, that easily enables the client to make informed decisions and keeps a watchful eye on the progress as well as the needs of a project.’
AR Packaging AB
Japan Tobacco International
Globe Trade Center (GTC)
- Advised United Group on the acquisition of the Croatian business of Tele2 AB.
- Represented Croatian film distributor 2i Film on its acquisition by the Blitz Group.
- Continuing to provide corporate and commercial advice to Heineken Croatia on its operations in the country, including advice on distribution, customs, leasing, factoring, collective agreements, contract awards and terminations.
Law Firm Glinska & Miškovic Ltd provides 'solutions-oriented advice' to domestic and international corporates on its day-to-day operational and commercial requirements, as well as its transactional work, including M&A and restructuring matters. Team head Aleksej Mišković is appreciated for his 'collaborative negotiating style and focus on the important issues, as opposed to unnecessary posturing'. Mišković regularly leads on the most important M&A mandates handled by the firm, including a number of recent transactions within the gaming sector. Beata Glinska is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Beata Glinska; Tena Jurišić
‘The firm provides solutions-oriented advice.’
‘They are direct and bullet points driven… I liked that since it was easy to solve issues one by one.’
‘Aleksej Mišković has a collaborative negotiating style and a focus on the important issues, as opposed to unnecessary posturing.’
Tower Property Fund Limited
Swedish Match Europe AB
Sanofi Pasteur S.A.
Ritzio International Limited
Deutsche Telekom AG
Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
IR REAL ESTATE LEASING d.o.o. u likvidaciji
Rixecker Investment KG
Edison International S.p.A,
Fortress Investment Group
- Advised OTP, trgovina s tobakom d.o.o. (subsidiary of Swedish Match), on its acquisition of Croatian company, Scandinavian Tobacco Group Zagreb d.o.o., by way of a share deal.
- Advised the majority shareholder of TOPLICE SVETI MARTIN d.d., a luxury golf and spa resort in continental Croatia, in relation to the proposed squeeze out process and ongoing issues regarding the corporate restructuring and corporate governance of the company.
- Acted in advisors’ consortium together with the Boston Consulting Group as legal advisor in the World Bank finance project for the reconstruction and rationalization of Hrvatske ceste d.o.o., a state-owned company for management, construction and maintenance of state roads.
The 'responsive and knowledgeable' team at Madirazza & Partners displays a 'can-do attitude' to problems, irrespective of their complexity, and is consequently instructed by a variety of corporates, SMEs, financial institutions and start-ups, across the gamut of mandates, including on major M&A projects. As well as its high-profile involvement for numerous international banks as creditors to Agrokor on its restructuring, the firm also recently advised Hrvatski Telekom on the sale of shares in OT-OPTIMA TELEKOM, the first independent service provider of land line telephony services in Croatia. Managing partner Josip Madirazza is 'knowledgeable and easy to work with' and co-heads the team alongside the 'very responsive' Morana Herak and 'intelligent, professional and diligent' Tatjana Radmilović. 'Quick-thinking expert' Tin Težak is also appreciated for his ability to provide 'immediate high-level advice on a number of topics', including corporate restructuring and was pivotal to the firm's advice to creditors on the aforementioned Agrokor matter.
Josip Madirazza; Morana Herak; Tatjana Radmilovic
Other key lawyers:
Tin Težak; Marinka Kovačić
‘The team is very responsive and knowledgeable.’
‘They provide possibilities and solutions no matter how complicated the topic is.’
‘We were impressed by the firm’s pro-activeness, great understanding of the issues at hand, diligence and responsiveness. The lawyers are very client- oriented, have excellent attention-to-detail and exhibit a wide scope of knowledge.’
‘Josip Madirazza is knowledgeable and easy to work with.’
‘Tin Tezak is a quick think expert and is client focused.’
VTB Bank (Europe) SE
HRVATSKI TELEKOM d.d.
KAPPA STAR LIMITED
DALEKOVOD PROFESSIO d.d. (now PROFESSIO ENERGIA d.d.)
KUFNER GRUPA d.o.o.
Wpd europe GmbH
PTR PRIME TOURIST RESORTS (CYPRUS) LIMITED
Triglav INT, holdinška družba, d.d.
Steinhoff group’s main creditors
Pošta Slovenije d.o.o.
- Advised major international financial institutions, including VTB Bank Europe, in the negotiation, drafting, submission and implementation of the Settlement Plan of the Agrokor group.
- Advising HRVATSKI TELEKOM, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom and Croatian biggest telecom operator, on the sale of shares in OT-OPTIMA TELEKOM, the first independent service provider of land line telephony services in Croatia.
- Advised PharmaS d.o.o., a Croatian privately owned pharmaceutical manufacturing and marketing company, in an acquisition of Fidifarm d.o.o. – owner of Croatia’s leading food supplements brand Dietpharm, from Atlantic Grupa, a leading regional FMCG company.
With a strong reputation across corporate and M&A disciplines, and also able to draw upon significant expertise in complementary areas, including financing, regulatory, employment and tax, Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC is recognised by one client as 'truly the most versatile blue-chip law firm in the market'. This versatility enables it to provide a seamless one-stop-shop service to domestic and international corporates and funds on many of its most complex and pressing domestic and regional projects. The 'outstanding' Vladimir Mamic heads the team that also includes Nikola Kokot, who is appreciated for her 'excellent project management capabilities', including on work for leasing companies.
Other key lawyers:
Natalija Perić; Nikola Kokot; Martina Strukić Šarić; Frano Belohradsky; Nina Ovčar; Marin Curić; Ivana Marić
‘It is truly the most versatile Croatian blue chip law firm in the market. The firm also shows strong commitment to true senior partner support, while also continuously producing new junior lawyers with strong knowledge and understanding of their areas of specialisation.’
‘I would like to commend Vladimir Mamic for outstanding client relationship management.’
‘Nikola Kokot has excellent project management capabilities.’
Pepco Croatia d.o.o.
HEP d.d. – Croatian electricity provider
Allianz Hrvatska d.d.
SCRAP Leasing d.o.o. u likvidaciji
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
ALTUS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Ltd.
- Advising Bluehouse on its increase of the share capital, including a decision on increase of the paid-up capital, business share takeover agreement, decision on the amendment of the Articles of Association, as well as overall legal assistance with this regard.
- Providing overall legal assistance to a considerable number of member companies of M+ Group (including Meritus Plus, Orso Plan, Sitra Management, Calyx, CDE, M+ Agent, Smartflex Sourcing and Smartflex) including providing full day-to-day legal support in various highly complex statutory, regulatory, corporate and commercial issues.
- Advising on the restructuring of Dalekovod’s affiliated company specialised in the production of steel elements, by establishing appropriate corporate governance with the intention to have more control over the daily business activity of respective company.
Benefiting from 'good connections and experience' and 'deep knowledge of corporate law', as well as being able to leverage the firm's network of offices throughout the CEE/SEE, Wolf Theiss - Zagreb branch is well-positioned to advise local and international companies on domestic and regional work. Led by Luka Tadić-Čolić, the scope of the team's work is broad, and as well as advice to buyers and sellers on M&A matters (including transactions within the financial services sector), it also includes day-to-day corporate/commercial assistance, as well as regular counselling to international corporates seeking to establish a presence in the country or to expand its local operations.
Other key lawyers:
Dora Gaži Kovačević; Saša Jovičić; Luka Čolić; Borna Dejanović
‘The firm has deep knowledge of corporate law and good connections and experience.’
B2 Holding ASA
Antares Vision S.p.A
Hemisphere International Properties B.V. (Steinhoff Europe)
Isoclima S.p.A. / Lipik Glas d.o.o.
Keune Holding BV
Piaggio Hrvatska d.o.o.
ROCA Croatia d.o.o.
Kali Tuna d.o.o.
Grand Circle LLC
Vermilion Zagreb Exploration d.o.o.
Lexmark International Technology Sarl
NKD moda d.o.o.
Peek & Cloppenburg d.o.o.
- Advising Antares Vision on the acquisition of start-up companies in Croatia and Serbia (Tradeticity Group). The work was particularly challenging since both the signing and the closing took place during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Advising Hemisphere International Properties on the financing collateral provided by three Croatian real estate holding companies. The deal is an EU-wide transaction incorporating very innovative restructuring efforts which needed to be carefully transposed into Croatian documents to avoid insolvency, FX, liability and enforcement concerns.
- Advising Lexmark International Technology on its complete corporate and workforce restructuring in Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Bulgaria. The process is still ongoing, since it required extensive preparatory actions in terms of corporate governance changes, ending the relationships with the customers and suppliers and closing down the financial books.
'Very strong on corporate law and M&A' and also noted for its data protection expertise, Batarelo Dvojkovic Vuchetich Law Firm LLP has thrived in the market since its establishment in 2017 and is gaining plaudits for its 'energetic and fresh approach', which manifests itself in a willingness 'to try and do things differently'. The firm has developed particular strength in the IT sector, and stands out from many of its peers as a result of its 'understanding of the commercial background and technical issues which IT market participants encompass'. Ivan Dvojkovic is a 'seasoned corporate lawyer with the capacity to negotiate complex M&A projects involving private equity buyers' and co-heads the team alongside Laurenz Vuchetich, who has a 'great reputation in the IT market'.
Ivan Dvojković; Laurenz Vuchetich
Other key lawyers:
Marko Bohaček; Tomislav Sadrić
‘The practice of the firm is unique due to its expertise in IT law and fintech, which is not seen in Croatia. Their main strength lies in understanding the commercial background and technical issues with which IT market participants encompasses.’
‘ The team is well organised and works to high standards.’
‘It is a practical firm which is strong on corporate law and M&A matters.’
‘The team is flexible to deal with, provides a very good level of spoken and written English, understands the gaming and technology industries, and is very efficient and reasonable on fees.’
‘Very pragmatic, responsive, and entrepreneurial (also in fee agreement).’
‘I think that this firm has a lot of energy. As a recently-formed firm, they are very determined to try and do things differently, with a fresh approach. They are sensible and grounded, and have navigated some very difficult transactions to a successful conclusion.’
‘We have been working with the firm for almost three years now and we note the consistency of quality, responsiveness and client-orientation of all team members.’
‘Laurenz Vuchetich has a great reputation in the IT market and is a sought-after lawyer among our peers.’
‘Laurenz Vuchetich is the driving force in the firm’s success story on the market. His leadership-based approach and technical knowledge has been impressing us for a while.’
‘Personally, I worked with Laurenz Vuchetich and I can describe him as a professional who provides you also confidence and trust. His communication is very clear; he is polite and supportive in negotiations.’
‘Ivan Dvojkovic is a seasoned corporate lawyer with the capacity to negotiate complex M&A projects, involving private equity buyers. Furthermore, he is very skilled at SPA’s and shareholder agreements.’
European Coastal Airlines d.o.o.
Dubrovnik Pearl Ltd.
Gaming Innovation Group
Government of the Republic of Croatia
Adria Capital Partners LLC
Provectus Capital d.o.o.
Nova Ljubljanska Banka – Macedonia
European SeaPlane Service GmbH
Otago Beteiliungs GmbH
Adma Fӧrvaltnings AB
Forum Media Group
Invest Sedlić d.o.o.
Tower Property Fund – South Africa
Good Game Global
N14 Real Estate
- Advising Optimapharm on its sale to the US private equity fund the Rohatyn Group and with regard to the shareholder agreement between the seller and purchaser.
- Advising Dubrovački biser Ltd on the combined restructuring and refinancing transaction with York Capital Management, as the investor, in relation to a real estate development project spread over one million square meters of coastline close to the city of Dubrovnik.
- Advised ASA Prevent Group (the largest Bosnian corporate conglomerate) on its joint venture with Siemens from Germany in relation to the construction and operation of a hospital in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Benefiting from well-established ties with domestic and regional entities from a range of industry sectors, including tourism and financial services, and also regularly picking up cross-border work as a corollary of its "best friends" relationship with international law firm Hogan Lovells International LLP, Bogdanovic, Dolicki & Partners has strong visibility across a wide range of corporate transactional work, including M&A and joint venture structuring, in addition to a range of commercial contracts work. Tin Dolicki is recommended.
Bradvica Marić Wahl Cesarec
Praised for its 'great problem-solving abilities' and 'excellent international experience and language skills', Bradvica Marić Wahl Cesarec has a flourishing reputation in the market as a result of its 'highly responsive' advice across a diverse range of domestic and cross-border corporate mandates. The recent integration of Branko Skerlev into the firm (he was previously consulted in an informal co-operation with the firm), bolsters its M&A capability, particularly as it relates to investments made within the private equity space (in light of Skerlev's previous work in-house at a Croatian alternative investment fund). Another strong selling point is the firm's ability to provide competition law advice pursuant to any M&A or other corporate structuring activity. The 'highly knowledgeable' Neven Marić is noted for his ability to provide 'innovative solutions' on corporate transactions within the energy and construction sectors and co-heads the team alongside the 'exceptional' Matthias Wahl .
Neven Marić; Matthias Wahl
Other key lawyers:
Mislav Bradvica; Branko Skerlev; Edi Suljić; Jan Gebauer
‘Excellent team with international experience and language skills. Highly responsive and with extensive industry knowledge.’
‘Exceptional communication, with great risk assessments in all projects. Legal expertise on a par with the most accomplished offices in the country.’
‘They are highly motivated and skilled, with the benefit of significant experience in the M&A field.‘
‘Matthias Wahl is an exceptional lawyer who is able to provide legal services in three different languages (English, Croatian, German).’
‘Mislav Bradvica is always full of out-of-the box ideas but also has a great knowledge of the legal part.’
‘Neven Marić is highly knowledgeable, experienced and bi-lingual with a very good sense of compromise and innovative solutions to the issues at hand.’
‘Neven Marić and associate Jan Gebauer have the ability and experience to really understand the client position and their view of risks and rewards involved in each case, which makes it easier to concentrate and set goals and strategy a lot sooner in the process.’
‘Edi Suljić is a very supportive and collaborative team member with very good organisational skills.’
BEMIS MANUFACTURING COMPANY
VALAMAR RIVIERA/VALAMAR OBERTAUERN
KASPAR PAPIR (CROATIA/SINGAPORE)
QUAESTUS PRIVATE EQUITY
ERICSSON NIKOLA TESLA
MINORITY SHAREHOLDERS OF DUKAT
- Advised R22 Group’s subsidiary, H88, on the acquisition of a Croatian hosting company located near Zagreb.
- Represented Midas Network on the sale of part of the company to several foreign and domestic investors.
- Advising Wienerberger Group in the opening of liquidation process of its Croatian subsidiary, a joint stock company Wienerberger-Cetera d.d.
Hanzekovic & Partners
The 'commercially-minded' team at Hanzekovic & Partners provides a 'cost-effective' and 'innovative' service to companies from a wide range of sectors, including tourism, financial services and energy, on day-to-day corporate and commercial matters, as well as transactional work. Under the leadership of the 'very personable and approachable' Irina Jelčić, the team has a particularly strong reputation for handling cross-border M&A matters on both the buy and sell side. Co-head Andrea Domac Ričković is also recommended.
Irina Jelčić; Andrea Domac Ričković
Other key lawyers:
Andrej Bošnjak; Paula Jagar
‘The team provides commercially-minded advice.’
‘It is cost-effective and innovative.’
‘Irina Jelčić is very personable and approachable.’
Adris Grupa d.d.
Mr Mato Škojo
GRAND DALEWEST LIMITED
HANZA MEDIA d.o.o.
- Assisting state-owned Norwegian company, INNOVATION NORWAY, on establishing an office in Croatia.
- Advised Mato Škojo as sole shareholder of leading Croatian bakery chain, Mlinar, on the sale of a majority share in the company to Mid Europa Partners.
- Advised Hanza Media on the merger of three publishing companies, for the purposes of increasing its business efficiency.
Co-headed by Martina Prpić and Dinka Kovačević, KOVACEVIC PRPIC SIMEUNOVIC LLC handles day-to-day corporate and commercial work (including as it relates to data protection), as well as M&A and corporate restructuring. The firm is developing a particularly strong track record advising on financial services-related M&A work, including its recent work for a Slovenian insurance company on its acquisition of two Croatia-based insurance entities. The firm also continues to have a significant role on Agrokor-related matters, by virtue of its representation of Fortenova (the successor company to Agrokor).
Martina Prpić; Dinka Kovačević
Other key lawyers:
Danijela Simeunović; Dino Simonoski Bukovski; Ana Novaković
HPB-stambena štedionica d.d.
HRVATSKA POŠTANSKA BANKA d.d. (HPB d.d.)
Zavarovalnica Sava, zavarovalna družba d.d.
Norinco International Corporation Ltd.
SYNLAB HRVATSKA – Polyclinic, member of the SYNLAB GROUP (Synlab Holding GmbH)
Butan plin d.d.
Team Electric Oy Ab
Auctus Capital Partners AG
Falko Regional Aircraft Limited (existing lessor) Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale (existing financing bank) Chorus Aviation Capital (Ireland) Limited (new lessor)
Fortenova grupa d.d.
BTA Havalimanları Yiyecek ve İçecek A.Ş. and BTA CROATIA d.o.o.
ConTec CRO d.o.o.
SIGNIFY INTERNATIONAL B.V., Branch office Zagreb
Ytong Porobeton d.o.o.
Ivicom Consulting d.o.o.
Central Registry of Affiliates (REGOS), Agrokor d.d., Fortenova grupa d.d., BTA CROATIA d.o.o.,General Hospital Zabok and Hospital of Croatian Veterans, General Hospital Varaždin, General Hospital Karlovac, General Hospital of Šibensko-Kninska County, Special H
- Advised Zavarovalnica Sava, zavarovalna družba d.d. on the acquisition of two insurance companies and the first transfer of portfolio of Croatian insurance companies abroad ever conducted in Croatia.
- Advised Chinese company, NORINCO International Cooperation Ltd, on a €32m acquisition of rights to build and operate a 156MW wind power plant in an advanced stage of development on the Adriatic coast in Croatia.
- Provided complete assistance in relation to the merger of HPB -Stambena štedionica d.d. (savings bank) to HPB d.d. (Hrvatska poštanska banka d.d.) as acquiring company.
Krehic & Partners Law Firm in cooperation with Deloitte Legal
Praised for its 'responsive and pragmatic approach' and now benefiting from access to enhanced global resources and know-how by virtue of the firm's merger with Deloitte Legal in October 2019, Krehic & Partners Law Firm in cooperation with Deloitte Legal can provide a one-stop-shop service to local and international corporates across a range of corporate and commercial matters, including advice on cross-border M&A and large-scale group reorganisations. Benefiting from a 'strong international background and solid understanding of the ICT and telecommunications market', in part due to her former role as in-house counsel at Croatian Telekom (which is now a major client of the firm), team head Tarja Krehic excels in providing 'business and solutions-oriented advice' to corporates in highly regulated industries.
Other key lawyers:
Perica Miović Petronio; Matea Gospić Plazina; Ivan Zornada
‘The firm has a deep understanding of key areas of IT business and an overarching knowledge of the M&A process.’
‘Compared to other law firms, these guys really invest their time and expertise into legal problems and due to their long-lasting expertise and know-how in highly regulated industries, such as telecommunications and ICT, they understand the business-side of each legal issue.’
‘The firm is truly an expert in the field of GDPR and is well-organised, approachable, responsive and pragmatic.’
‘Tarja Krehic has a long-standing local experience with strong international background and solid understanding of ICT and telecommunications market, which is a rare combination. She is highly professional, business and solutions-oriented, sharp and always available. She is also knowledgeable about trends in corporate and M&A.’
Gazechim Group, France
Project Matrix, Croatia
ABEST d.o.o., Croatia
INA Inc, Croatia
Adria Taurus Ltd
M Nekrenine Ltd, Croatia
Globallogic Group, USA
Croatian Telekom Inc, Croatia
Business Intelligence Ltd, Croatia and UK
Inter Cars, Poland
Deloitte d.o.o., Croatia
Fortuna Group, Czech Republic
- Advising the listed Croatian national oil company, INA, in a complex cross-border merger (also involving its Dutch subsidiaries), resolving complex corporate and regulatory issues and corporate challenges resulting from the termination of certain foreign and local branch offices.
- Advising Croatia-based company, Orbico Group, on its European level corporate restructuring, involving multi-jurisdictional local mergers, cross-border mergers and squeeze-outs.
- Representing INFOBIP, a fast growing Croatian (and UK) based IT and telecommunications company operating globally, on a wide-range of commercial and corporate issues, including legal support with drafting and modifying the client’s most significant commercial agreements, advising on all types of corporate governance and commercial compliance issues, including GDPR and whistle-blowing platforms, as well as on merger-filing issues with respect to their world-wide acquisitions and asset deals.
Benefiting from 'in-depth knowledge of the local Croatian market', the 'approachable and dependable' team at Ostermann & Partners LLP provides 'solutions-oriented' advice to domestic and international companies across a range of corporate and commercial work, including on complex M&A transactions involving listed companies. 'Very educated and polite' founding partner Mojmir Ostermann has developed a particularly strong reputation advising investors on NPL acquisitions, as well as developing a strong grounding on telecoms regulatory matters.
Other key lawyers:
Vjekoslav Ivančić; Marijana Soldo
‘The team is highly professional and committed to the client/transaction. More importantly they have experience in managing highly complex M&A transactions involving different parties and listed companies regulated by capital market rules.’
‘They are fully available and very punctual at delivering by the deadline. Irrespective of the obstacles that can appear, they put in the extra effort to meet the deadline.’
‘The team consisted of strong individuals that were very educated, knowledgeable in different areas and also well-prepared.’
‘Ostermann & Partners LLP has in-depth knowledge of the local Croatian market.’
‘The team is approachable, dependable and solutions-oriented.’
‘Mojmir Ostermann is a gentlemen and a great lawyer. He is very educated and polite but is also an excellent and tough negotiator, who has a great mix of theoretical and practical knowledge.’
‘The business-oriented Mojmir Ostermann has a high level of knowledge in different areas, and is able to provide grounded arguments aimed at reaching a substantially good deal.’
‘Vjekoslav Ivancic is knowledgeable and thorough; even though he is a complete star, he is very down-to-earth and approachable.’
Connecting Europe Broadband Fund (CEBF)
Intesa International Value Services
- Performing due diligence and drafting agreements for Connecting Europe Broadband Fund on its €30m investment in a fibre-based high-speed broadband network covering over 135,000 locations.
- After APS Investments won the auction for the sale of Addiko Bank’s NPL portfolio, with nominal value of transferred claims of approx. €12m, the firm negotiated the legal matters of the Loan Sale and Purchase Agreement and prepared the complete financing scheme of the transaction by Balbec, a global private investment firm with expertise in sourcing alternative credit investments.
- Handling de-listing and withdrawal of shares without share capital decrease for Badel 1862, the largest and oldest wine and alcoholic beverage producer in Croatia, owned by MGL.
Porobija & Porobija has deep ties with local and international corporates, with work including advice on day-to-day matters and specific transactional projects. Led by managing partner Boris Porobija, the team is also regularly engaged in M&A and corporate activity involving foreign investment into the country. Particular industry strengths include hospitality, telecoms and energy.
Other key lawyers:
Željka Rostaš Blažeković
Arena Hospitality Group d.d.
International Zagreb Airport
BINA ISTRA d.d. (Istrian Motorway concessionaire)
- Advising Arena Hospitality Group, on a new five-star hotel development in Zagreb City Center
- Advising BINA-ISTRA d.d. on various commercial and corporate issues related to their business activities.
- Advising Euronet on various commercial and corporate issues related to their business activities in Croatia.
Schoenherr in cooperation with Croatian lawyers provides 'very professional and client-oriented' advice to domestic and international entities from a range of industry sectors, including retail, tourism and real estate, on the day-to-day issues associated with running their businesses in the country, as well as on M&A matters. 'Easy to deal with and with an eye-for-detail like no other', team head Ivan Einwalter is frequently engaged in the highest-profile M&A mandates handled by the team, including its recent work, alongside the firm's Vienna office, for Tele2 on the €220m sale of its Croatian business to United Group. The 'solutions-oriented and efficient' Dina Vlahov Buhin is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Dina Vlahov Buhin; Vice Mandarić; Kresimira Kruslin
‘The team is made up of highly-skilled lawyers with great knowledge of our industry.’
‘The team is reactive and pragmatic and has good technical skills.’
‘Schoenherr’s team in Croatia is highly skilled, covering practically all relevant legal areas in which a company operates. They combine business orientation with expert in-depth knowledge. ’
‘The team is very professional, client-oriented and experienced. We have very good communication with them, they are very responsive and they act proactively.’
‘Ivan Einwalter and Vice Mandaric are outstanding attorneys. Ivan has impressive drafting skills and an eye-for-details like no other. Vice is able to provide full advice covering legal, financial and tax implications and he is a true one-stop-shop for corporate and M&A transactions. ’
‘Vice Mandaric is a million-dollar ideas man and finds a solution that no one else in the room considered, yet once he explains it, everyone wanders why it did not cross their mind first.’
‘I worked with Ivan Einwalter and Dina Vlahov Bluhin. I found them reactive, easy to deal with and pragmatic, with good knowledge of the local market.’
‘Dina Vlahov Buhin is a very competent, solutions-oriented and efficient lawyer. She is always reachable, responsive and very pleasant to work with. She has good drafting skills and her services are always of highest quality. She understands our needs and our business environment, for which reason we fully trust Dina and the advice she provides us with.’
SBERBANK of RUSSIA
Jonhson & Johnson S.A.
Mercury Processing Services International d.o.o.
RAUCH Fruchtsäfte GmbH
Runs Like Butter
ALCA ZAGREB d.o.o.
- Advised Tele2 AB on the €220m sale of its Croatian business to United Group, a leading telecoms and media provider in South East Europe.
- Advised Sberbank of Russia and several of its local subsidiaries across ex-Yugoslavia region in a multi-layered mandate regarding its €1bn plus exposure to the Croatian food and retail conglomerate Agrokor and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Advised Leibniz Service on the acquisition of a 30% share in Croatian destination management company, Gulliver Travel d.o.o., the leading destination management company in the region and a part of the TUI Group.
Law Office Žarkovic continues to gain traction in the market and is growing its client roster among domestic and international corporates, which appreciate the firm's ability to provide a full-service approach across the panoply of corporate and commercial issues impacting their Croatian operations. Branimir Žarkovic heads up the team that was strengthened in October 2019 by the arrival of Marko Milošević from Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC, particularly in light of his expertise advising on the commercial and employment arrangements impacting clients in the transport sector.
Other key lawyers:
Marko Milošević; Matea Mimica Žarković; Anja Cigelj; Matea Lacko
Liburnia Riviera Hoteli
Alkyon Partners Gmbh
Karl Blaha (Blaha FamilyOffice)
Begin Capital Markets
- Representing Liburnia Riviera Hotels across a range of corporate and commercial matters, including advice on corporate governance issues.
- Advising Petruzalek d.o.o. (part of Sirap Group – one of the biggest international fresh food packaging producers in Europe) on its general day-to-day business conduct, including advice on corporate changes at the company level (new management board nominations,corporate restructuring and governance between group companies – primarily connection between Slovenian and Croatian companies).
- Providing general legal support to Telia Carrier Croatia LLC, including i) preparation of general annual shareholders committees, ii) annual reporting and iii) other corporate matters.
Praised for its 'strong internal procedures, teamwork and information exchange', Gajski, Grlic, Prka & Partners has broad corporate and commercial bandwidth on behalf of clients from a range of industry sectors, including energy, construction, food and beverages. 'Solutions-oriented' team head Mladen Prka has gained particular visibility as a result of his role as one of the advisors to Agrokor on its restructuring and his ongoing work for its successor company, Fortenova Group, in relation to the disposal of non-core assets.
Other key lawyers:
Martina Gajski; Tamara Obradović Mazal; Elias Ernst; Ivana Špehar Janković; Ana Roce
‘We appreciate the firm’s strong internal procedures, teamwork and information exchange.‘
‘Mladen Prka is solutions-oriented.’
A-MORE YACHTS LLC
ANNI AUREI LLC
ELEKTRONIČKI RAČUNI LLC
Fortenova Group JSC
RESALTA družba za upravljanje energetskih storitev LLC /RESALTA LLC
S&T AG (Austria)/S&T CROATIA LLC
- Continues to provide legal advisory services to Fortenova Group in its regular corporate scope of business related to the disposal of non-core assets following the complex restructuring of Agrokor Group.
- Advised Rezal on the sale process of a large construction company Projektgradnjaplus LLC valued at approximately €5m.
- Advised Anni Aurei in the sale process of the economic business unit of the company.
'Combining good legal knowledge with a commercial understanding of what is and is not important to the client', Ilej & Partners, in cooperation with Karanovic & Partners is well-versed across a range of corporate and commercial mandates, running the gamut from day-to-day advisory work, through to bespoke transactional mandates. As well as receiving direct instructions from clients, the team, which is led by the 'unflappable and resourceful' Goran Ilej , regularly works alongside large international law firms, where it provides the Croatia-related legal advice pursuant to cross-border mandates.
Other key lawyers:
Franka Baica; Dora Horvat; Boris Dvoršćak; Nika Jurković
‘The team is responsive, pragmatic, professional, and always delivered on time and up to standards.’
‘We have co-operated with them on a due diligence report for a portfolio transaction, the team’s inputs provided were very well drafted, to-the-point and always on time.’
‘The team combines good legal knowledge with a real commercial understanding of what is and is not important to the client. They are very client focused and become part of the team driving to get the deal done.’
‘Goran Ilej capitalises on the breadth of the experience he had as the longstanding general counsel of Agrokor. He’s seen just about every legal and commercial situation imaginable and therefore remains unflappable and resourceful under pressure.’
‘Franka Baica was in charge of the Croatian aspects of our file and truly did an excellent job.’
Eurofins Scientific Group
Optima Befektesi Alapkezelo
General Electric and GE Healthcare
H & M Hennes & Mauritz
Österreichische Post AG
M7 Real Estate
Space Inch Custom software LLC
- Acted as Croatian local counsel to Hungarian company, Optima Befektesi Alapkezelo, on its acquisition of a majority share in Globe Trade Centre S.A. from Lone Star Funds.
- Advised Generali Investments on its first investment at the end of 2019 by acquiring a 75% interest in Eko Papir d.o.o, a Croatian company producing environment-friendly paper bags.
- Advising Pfizer on a wide range of legal matters, such as antitrust, data protection, commercial issues, regulatory compliance and employment matters.
Benefiting from 'deep knowledge and actionable solutions', Marohnic, Tomek & Gjoic, Law Firm has developed a particularly strong reputation among investment funds and their managers, both in relation to corporate governance and structuring work, as well as in the pursuant investment activity - often within the real estate sector. As part of his wide-ranging corporate and commercial oeuvre, team head Josip Marohnić regularly advises on public procurement and energy-related matters.
Other key lawyers:
Tonka Gjoić Tomić; Tena Tomek
‘The team has deep knowledge and provides actionable solutions.’
‘Josip Marohnić represents a new generation of legal service.’
Feelsgood Capital Partners
LCN Capital Partners
Balkan Properties Limited UK
Rigi Real Estate
Samoniklo bilje d.o.o.
- Advising long-term client, Zagreb Logistics Park, on leasing and development matters.
- Advised Institut AllergoSan, one of top five EU probiotics producers, on their direct entry into the Croatian market.
- Devised a complex regulated corporate structure between the shareholders of the Alternative Investment Fund Manager company which will manage the operations of the Feelsgood Capital Partners investment fund.
Matekovic Law Firm
Led by the 'analytical and responsive' Krešimir Mateković, Matekovic Law Firm provides 'expert and understandable advice' to international and domestic clients, including a number of pharmaceutical entities, on the day-to-day corporate and commercial advice associated with conducting business in the country. On the M&A front, Mateković has continued to handle a significant amount of work for China Dynamics (Holdings) Limited, as the shareholder in Croatian electric vehicle company, Rimac Automobiles.
Other key lawyers:
Ivan Sabljić; Dora Adžić; Laura Mateković
‘The firm provides expert and understandable advice.’
‘Kresimir Matekovic is analytical and responsive.’
Adriatic Luxury Development
China Dynamics (Holdings) Limited
Luxottica South Eastern Europe
NOVO NORDISK Hrvatska
Quada – projekt L.p.
Raiffeisen – Leasing
RL – ETA
Sanofi Aventis Groupe
Sanofi – Aventis Croatia
Super igra Ltd.
- Advised CHINA DYNAMICS (HOLDINGS) LIMITED, as shareholder of the Croatian company Rimac Automobiles, on issues associated with the new investment into Rimac by Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corporation.
- Advised Raiffeisen-Leasing on the sale of 100% of shares held by its subsidiary RL GAMMA HOLDING GmbH in the Croatian company RL-Gamma Ltd.
- Continuing to advise French pharmaceutical company, Sanofi-Aventis, across a range of commercial contract matters related to its activity in Croatia.
Praljak & Svic Law Firm
'Able to combine the full-service approach of large law firms, with the attention-to-detail of a small boutique practice', Praljak & Svic Law Firm is a popular choice among domestic and international private and public companies from a myriad industry sector. Praised for his 'high-quality and results-focused service', Marko Praljak heads a team that has a 'great knowledge across corporate and commercial law'.
Other key lawyers:
‘It is able to combine the full-service approach of large law firms, with the attention-to-detail of a small boutique practice.’
‘The very knowledgeable and responsive team is determined to contribute to the client’s success. For example, during the Covid-19 situation, although many logistical challenges arose, they always found ways to step in and support you. They fully respect every employee of the client and are very professional but also people friendly.’
‘The team is focused, knowledgeable and dedicated.’
‘The accessible, pragmatic and solutions-oriented team has great knowledge of corporate and commercial law.’
‘Marko Praljak provides a high-quality and results-focused service.’
‘Vitorija Svic is very knowledgeable on corporate and competition law. She is easy to talk to and always looking out for the client.’
British American Tobacco
- Advised domestic insurer, Croatia Osiguranje, on its partnership with Sapiens, a leading global provider of software solutions for the insurance industry, to replace its existing IT solutions with a new system which will digitize the entire field of non-life and health insurance and claims.
- Advised Inditex on the restructuring of all of its companies’ shareholding structures in Croatia.
- Advising Tokic (a Croatian automobile spare parts company) on its acquisition of Slovenian company Bartog.
Led by the 'experienced and very practical' Hrvoje Vidan, Vidan Law Office provides 'professional legal support of the highest international standards in the commercial, corporate and M&A fields'. Consequently, although it lacks the resources of some of its higher-ranked peers, the firm punches above its weight and regularly advises international companies on their Croatia-based activity where it is appreciated for its language skills, as well as the ability to expedite matters in a timely fashion, by virtue of its one-stop-shop approach.
Other key lawyers:
‘The entire corporate team at Vidan Law Office is simply great! We worked with them on several corporate/commercial projects last year and have excellent impressions. They are responsive, professional and capable to guide clients seamlessly through all legal issues.’
‘The team provides high quality and professional legal support at the highest international standards in the fields of commercial, corporate and M&A. Their availability and readiness are key strengths and makes collaboration with this team easy and successful.’
‘The high levels of professionalism and the fluency in different languages, ensures that they make excellent partners for collaboration, while maintaining a pleasant business atmosphere.’
‘Hrvoje Vidan is the key figure. He is very esteemed and probably one of the leading business lawyers in Croatia. He is highly experienced and very practical.’
Vukmir & Associates provides 'high-quality and responsive' advice across the spectrum of corporate and commercial matters facing TMT clients, as well as those in other highly regulated industries, including the pharmaceuticals and financial services sectors. Part of the group's value-add to clients in these sectors derives from its ability to leverage the firm's broader overarching IP expertise, enabling it to provide 'solutions-oriented' advice on licensing agreements and other commercial contract issues. The team is 'also knowledgeable about data privacy', an area that Tomislav Pedišić is particularly accomplished. The 'exceptionally knowledgeable and professional' Sanja Tkalec Kovac leads the practice.
Sanja Tkalec Kovač
Other key lawyers:
Ivan Ćuk; Tomislav Pedišić
‘The firm provides high-quality and responsive advice. It is also knowledgeable about data privacy issues.’
‘Vukmir & Associates is internationally very well-connected and in cases where their office does not cover certain areas of expertise, they are willing to recommend law offices and/or lawyers who can provide required legal support.’
‘During our collaboration, it was proved numerous times that attorneys at Vukmir & Associates possess immaculate legal knowledge and skills, that help them find the best solutions that benefit the needs of their clients and business partners.’
‘Sanja Tkalec Kovač is exceptionally knowledgeable and professional, and most importantly of all is fully dedicated to us as a client.’
Hewlett-Packard / Selectium
Procter & Gamble
Trelleborg AB / Trelleborg Croatia
Erste&Steiermärkische Bank d.d.
Zagrebačka banka d.d.
Payback (part of American Express Group)
Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG
Njuskalo.hr / Styria
- Advised Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. on its cross-border acquisition of Max Holder Group.
- Advised PAYBACK (part of the American Express Group) on the launch of the new PAYBACK App (a dedicated shopping assistant) as well on the process of updating the legal documentation for the existing loyalty program PAYBACK operates in cooperation with dm (German retail stores chain).
- Advising a B2B marketplace connecting brands and taxi/PVH fleets around the world in the process of entry to the Croatian market.
Led by the 'exceptional' Silvije Cipcic-Bragadin, Čipčić-Bragadin Mesić & Associates provides 'extremely business-oriented advice' to energy and pharmaceutical clients across a range of corporate and commercial matters.
‘The practice is extremely business-oriented and with a specific industry sector knowledge and focus which proved to be a significant strength when structuring projects.’
‘The advice was clear, professional and delivered in a timely manner.’
‘The exceptional Silvije Cipcic-Bragadin is a well-known name in the market and highly respected by his peers.’
Unilever (Croatia, Slovenia Hungary)
Flixbus Mobility GmbH & Flixbus CEE South d.o.o.
Nafta a.s., and Nafta International BV
Valgo SA and Valgo Montenegro
China Machinery and Engineering Corporation
Ministry of Administration of the Republic of Croatia
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Advised longstanding client Flixbus on the acquisition of a business from Črnja Tours, a passenger transport operator in Croatia.
- The firm advised Unilever on various commercial aspects related to the termination of its distribution agreement with Stanic and establishment of a new one with Atlantic Trade to deliver its products to the Croatian market.
- Advised China Machinery and Engineering Corporation on corporate and commercial issues associated with its entry into the country.
As well as handling general commercial and corporate matters, Orehovec, Vinter, Kiš, Šimunović's practice head Tomislav Orehovec also has a strong track record advising on restructuring and bankruptcy matters. Clients include domestic and foreign companies and the firm has notable expertise in the utilities sector.
‘The team is responsive, well prepared and capable to handle complex legal issues in a very limited time. In comparation to other firms we would clearly state that exceptional cooperativity is their greatest strength.‘
‘Quick response, flexibility, broad knowledge, availability.‘
‘Excellent team of experts which have a lot of experience and know-how on local market. Very professional and cooperative.‘
INA Group (INA- industrija nafte d.d., INA maziva d.o.o., INA
maloprodajni servisi d.o.o., STSI d.o.o., Crosco d.o.o. etc.)
Zagrebački holding d.o.o.
Vodoopskrba i odvodnja d.o.o.
NLB InterFinanz AG
Grand auto d.o.o.
Hyundai Croatia d.o.o.
Lola RIBAR d.d.
KNAUF Insulation d.o.o.
- Advising INA – Industrija nafte d.d. on the full range of commercial and corporate matters, including the provision of complex legal opinions.
- Acted for swisswindows AG, Swiss manufacturer of windows and doors, on due diligence of Croatian production company in Varaždin.
- Assisting Zagrebački holding d.o.o. with a range of ongoing corporate and commercial matters relating to its operations.
Law firm Bekina, Škurla, Durmiš and Spajic Ltd
At Law firm Bekina, Škurla, Durmiš and Spajic Ltd, the 'exceptional' Branimir Škurla is a 'skillful negotiator', who provides strong representation to international companies across a range of corporate and commercial matters, including on M&A transactions and corporate governance issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘The exceptional Branimir Skurla is a skillful negotiator.’
The 'responsive and service-oriented' team at Fabijanić, Mirošević & Vuković Law Firm Ltd provides 'efficient and thorough' advice to transport and energy-related corporates, in particular, across a range of ongoing commercial advice, as well as on transactional matters. Name partner Igor Mirošević has 'outstanding analytical skills', which he frequently utilises on due diligence M&A-related processes.
Other key lawyers:
Juraj Fabijanić; Marin Vuković
‘The firm is responsive and service-oriented.’
‘The firm is efficient, extremely thorough and available on short notice.’
‘The ability to conquer new subjects in a short period of time with a high level of commitment and expertise is what makes them really stand out.’
‘Igor Mirošević demonstrated outstanding analytical skills in preparing the legal opinion.’
‘Igor Mirošević and Marin Vuković showed impressive knowledge and experience in competition, commercial and company matters.’
ACCIONA ENERGÍA S.A.
ARRIVA International Limited
KONZUM plus d.o.o., Zagreb
ALUFLEXPACK Novi d.o.o
Poliklinika Milojević d.o.o.,
Petrim d.o.o., Donja Jagodnja
PRIVLAKA agricultural cooperative
The Croatian Civil Aviation Agency
ALTERA – d.o.o., Sigetec Ludbreški,
MNK Futsal Dinamo, Zagreb, sports association,
- Providing ongoing corporate and commercial advice for ACCIONA ENERGÍA’s local companies, including advice on corporate governance.
- Advised ARRIVA International on due diligence related to a local target company in the passenger road transport sector, followed by drafting a share purchase agreement with escrow mechanism and elaborated set of conditions precedent, participating in negotiations with the sell side.
- Advising KONZUM plus in its capacity as tenant, including on the fulfillment of various seller and tenant post-closing obligations under several sale-and-lease back transactions, consisting of a wide range of commercial and real estate advice to the client in order to enable the client’s compliance with undertaken obligations.
Co-headed by the 'broad-minded, eloquent and professional' Lovro Kovačić and 'tough negotiator' Damjan Krivić, Gugic, Kovacic & Krivic law firm provides a 'high standard of work' for foreign investors across the spectrum of their corporate and commercial requirements. The firm also handles a considerable amount of commercial (including data protection matters) and M&A work for travel and leisure clients.
Damjan Krivić; Lovro Kovačić
‘The firm has wide experience in M&A, transactional support and corporate law.’
‘Lawyers at the firm provide a high standard of legal services to its clients.’
‘Lovro Kovačić is broad-minded, eloquent, professional and persistent, while Damjan Krivić is a tough negotiator of a modern caliber, who does not wander in negotiations and achieves his goals.’
KARISMA RESORTS INTERNATIONAL S.A.
China Aoyuan Property Group Limited of Aoyuan Mansion
DDM Group AG
Hrvatski zavod za zapošljavanje (Croatian Employment ServiceBureau)
Samsung Electronics Austria Gmbh
ROCHE d.o.o. (Roche Ltd)
AZ Pension Fund
AxFina Holding SA
Lynxcap group AG
- Advising AZ Pension Fund on various matters, including on its recent capital investment in THE GARDEN BREWERY, one of the country’s largest craft breweries.
- Advising KARISMA RESORTS INTERNATIONAL across a range of matters, including in relation to corporate governance and GDPR compliance.
- Advising China Aoyuan Property Group across a range of matters, including as it relates to an increase of share capital in order to invest into the ownership structure of the company LUKA ZADAR.
Law Office Lacmanovic
At Law Office Lacmanovic, managing partner Natalija Lacmanovic has established a particularly strong reputation in the market for her work on NPL-related transactions, as well as on insolvency matters.
Established in 2018, the 'young and energetic' two-partner team at Law Firm Babić, Brborović & partners has quickly established itself in the market as a popular choice among local private and public sector entities across a range of ongoing corporate and commercial matters. 'Very energetic, charismatic and diligent' managing partner Siniša Babić 'offers sound and clear advice, even on the most complex issues'.
Siniša Babić; Tamara Brborović
Other key lawyers:
Matija Magerl; Petra Svete
‘The law firm is comprised of a young and energetic team of professionals that is highly devoted to its clients.’
‘The firm is unique due to their vigour, high level of proficiency, availability, and clear focus on matters that have been entrusted with them.’
‘They are extremely responsible and reliable, and we always receive quick feedback from them, which allows us to solve all emergencies in an adequate way.’
‘Siniša Babić is very energetic, charismatic and diligent.’
‘Siniša Babić offers sound and clear advice even on the most complex issues.’
‘Matija Magerl is truly versatile, devoted, and knowledgeable and we feel confident with his legal advice provided to us on an everyday basis in most of our corporate and commercial legal matters.’
Siemens Healthcare Ltd.
KARISMA HOTELS ADRIATIC Ltd
Karlovačka banka jsc.
Zepter Zest Ltd.
City of Sisak
Croatian standards institute
Callidus – adult education institute
HOO TV Ltd.
University of Zagreb Faculty of transport and traffic sciences
Philip Zepter Jahte Ltd.
- The firm advised the Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences of the University of Zagreb on the establishment of its Scientific Foundation. The Foundation was successfully established in October 2019 and the firm has provided legal counsel to its everyday operations ever since.
- Advises regional bank Karlovačka banka jsc. across a range of corporate, commercial and governance matters.
- Providing ongoing corporate and commercial advice to Grad Sisak (City of Sisak), including in relation to the establishment of the Shared Services Centre, as a joint project of the local self-government unit and its subsidiaries.
As well as regularly advising domestic and international companies across the gamut of conventional corporate and commercial mandates, M&S Partners has niche expertise advising on white-collar corporate criminal litigation. Andrej Šooš Maceljski heads the team.
Andrej Šooš Maceljski
Other key lawyers:
Ivana Miloš; Nikola Berović; Potjeh Kurtović
British American Tobacco
Colliers Southeast Europe EOOD and Colliers Advisory Ltd.
PWC – PricewaterhouseCoopers Savjetovanje d.o.o.
Select Group UAE
PBZ Croatia Osiguranje
West Gate Shopping City
Franchise Cannabis Corp. – Standard Processing d.o.o.
Adriatic tourist resorts
J&T Capital Markets
Terrma Capital Corp.
Germania Sport ltd.
INSTITUT IGH, joint-stock company for research and development in civil engineering
Athena Global Partnes Ltd.
Excellence Investment Fund, EIF, LLC
OTTO BOCK ADRIA d.o.o.
Hornet Medical d.o.o.
Swisslog Italia S.r.l.
Led from the firm's Rijeka headquarters by the 'approachable and organised' Ivana Manovelo, Macesic & Partners LLC has 'great and wide knowledge' across a range of corporate and commercial matters, including those associated with the pharmaceuticals, energy and transportation sectors. The firm also continues to develop a thriving reputation in the technology sector, where it continues to help guide start-ups throughout their growth cycle.
‘Macesic and Partners is very professional and has lots of experience in corporate law.’
‘The lawyers are calm, educated, sympathetic and fun to be around.’
‘The efficient and accessible team has great and wide knowledge.’
‘The responsive Ivana Manovelo is a true professional and always delivers the promised results.’
‘The approachable and solutions-oriented Ivana Manovelo is an excellent lawyer.’
Caronte & Tourist Isole Minori S.p.A.
Bureau Veritas Croatia d.o.o.
Maersk Line A/S
White Falcon Petroleum Technologies
Markusic & Maretic Law Firm
As the first and only lawyer from a Common Law jurisdiction to be admitted to practice in the country, UK and Australia-qualified managing partner of Markusic & Maretic Law Firm, Don Markušic, is a popular choice among international clients as a result of his 'ability to navigate the intricacies of the Croatian legal system'.
Don Markusic; Monika Maretic
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm has the bi cultural ability, networks and insight to be extremely helpful in navigating the “intricacies” of Croatian systems especially with regard to international organisations and expectations.’
‘Don Markusic is close to his clients’ needs and is an incredible networker to decision makers in business, the government administrators and political circles both Croatian and internationally.’
American International School
- Advised EBRD in relation to drafting Factoring Legislation in several jurisdictions including Montenegro, Kosovoand Northern Macedonia and Serbia.
- Advised the World Bank on Factoring Contracts in the Middle East.
- Advised Pacific Shores Holding on the acquisition of a marble quarry.
Law Office Mucalo
'Always able to find the right solution and present it in a plain and easy to understand manner', Law Office Mucalo provides wide-ranging corporate and commercial expertise to foreign and domestic clients in the telecoms, media and pharmaceutical sectors. As well as his overarching corporate and commercial expertise, team head Igor Mucalo is recognised as 'one of the best competition law experts in Croatia', and this adds a further dimension to the firm's ability to effectively counsel clients.
‘High ethical values, high professional standards, all the while maintaining a humane approach to their clients.’
‘A brilliant team that is always able to find the right solution and present it in a plain and easy to understand manner.’
‘Igor Mucalo is very reliable, with rarely seen integrity; his primary goal is always client satisfaction.’
‘Igor Mucalo is very experienced in the most complex legal situations.’
‘Igor Mucalo is one of the best competition law experts in Croatia. He understands customer needs and always provides innovative solutions.’
HEP (Hrvatska elektroprivreda – Croatian electricity incumbent)
HP – HRVATSKA POŠTA (Croatian postal incumbent)
INA (Croatian oil and gas incumbent)
Bavaria N. V.
- Advising HEP, as the investor, in the construction of two biomass co-generation power plants in Osijek and Sisak (BE-TO Osijek and BE-TO Sisak).
- Advising Croatian Post on the contemplated carve out of its Pay TV service, which was later sold to Croatian Telecom, and later in the merger clearance proceedings before the Croatian regulator in the area of electronic communication (HAKOM), including the administrative lawsuit proceeding initiated by competitor A1 against HAKOM’s decision on conditional merger clearance.
- Legal advisors and representatives in the abuse of dominance case against Croatian Telecom before the Croatian Competition Agency on allegations that Croatian Telecom abused its dominant position on the Pay TV market by restricting the TV coverage of UEFA Champions League and Europa League and the Croatian national football league.