Banking, finance and capital markets in Croatia
Jointly headed by Boris Šavorić and Mia Lazić, Šavorić & Partners' two-partner team has an excellent reputation advising domestic and international banks and borrowers on deals involving financing across the capital structure, both from a new money perspective, as well as in a distressed context. The team has recently been particularly active advising on corporate and real estate finance deals in the retail sector.
Mia Lazić; Boris Šavorić
Enterprise Investors Corporation (Pan Pek)
Enterprise Investors Corporation (Studenac)
CIB Bank Zrt.
BNP Paribas Bank
Mid Europa Partners
- Advised Enterprise Investors Corporation on obtaining financing from J&T banka to facilitate the purchase of the Pan Pek group of companies, a large Croatian chain of bakeries and producer of bakery products.
- Assisted CIB Bank as a creditor with the restructuring of the debtor group of companies owning and operating several hotels in the Primošten area and ultimately the sale of its claims to Bohemian Financing.
- Advised BNP Paribas Bank on the securitisation of receivables of pharmaceutical company, Teva group.
Led by the 'superb' Damir Topić, Divjak, Topic & Bahtijarevic's four-strong team has excellent credibility among many leading international banks, including JP Morgan and Nomura, and also regularly works alongside a plethora of large international law firms to provide the Croatian law input on major cross-border financings. The scope of the work runs the gamut from bilateral and syndicated new money acquisition, real estate and project financings, through to complex structured finance mandates, capital markets work and restructurings (including a significant creditor-side role on the Agrokor restructuring). Martina Kalamiza is noted for capital markets work, while Ana-Marija Grubišić Čabraja is particularly active handling non-performing loan transactions.
NOMURA International Plc.
DEUTSCHE BANK & EOS Holding GmbH
EUROPEAN INVESTMENT FUND
J&T Bank KGAL Investment Management GmbH & Co. KG
EOS Hamburg/ EOS Matrix
- Representing a financial institution as a major creditor in the extraordinary management procedure involving the largest Croatian private company, Agrokor.
- Advising JP Morgan on a complex cross-border acquisition and secured financing transaction.
- Advised Nomura on Croatian law matters with respect to financing and securitisation of credit facilities.
Adhering to the 'very top international standards', Law Firm Glinska & Miškovic Ltd is appreciated by borrowers and lenders for the 'responsive and knowledgeable service' it provides across a wide range of financing mandates, including as it relates to acquisition and energy/project financing. Led by the 'outstanding' Aleksej Mišković, the team excels at handling cross-border syndicated and club bank debt financings, where it benefits from strong ties with many high-profile international institutions, including Deutsche Bank and BNP Paribas. On the capital markets front, the team has an excellent track record for Croatian issuers on Eurobond transactions. Anamaria Žuvanić is also recommended across a range of transactions (including on real estate financings), in addition to regulatory matters.
‘With their deep industry knowledge and a pragmatic approach, they always focus on achieving the best result.‘
‘The reliable team provides comprehensive advice to its clients and has an in-depth knowledge of local law, thus being in a position to work very efficiently, always paying attention to detail and being problem-solving oriented.‘
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Erste Group Bank
Banca IMI S.p.A.
Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch
BNP Paribas, London Branch
BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV
VTB Bank (Europe) SE
Sberbank Europe AG
UniCredit Bank Austria AG
- Advised the EBRD on the project finance facilities for the construction and expansion of energy facilities, operated by Hrvatska Elektrorprivr.
- Advised Erste Group Bank on the provision of a €47m facility for the refinancing of existing credit facility obligations of Poslovni Park Zagreb, the owner and operator of one of the largest business parks in Croatia.
- Acted for Raiffeisen-Landesbank Steiermark on all matters of Croatian law in relation to a €3m facility agreement to Bretanide Resort, one of Croatia’s tourist facility developers.
Madirazza & Partners handles a vibrant mix of new money financings and refinancings/restructurings for lenders and borrowers. Having been at the vanguard of the pre-bankruptcy procedure in the country (it was involved in the first major case implementing the procedure following its enactment in 2012), the team has developed an excellent reputation for handling high-profile creditor-side work, including its pivotal role for numerous banks as fulcrum stakeholders of the Agrokor Group under the newly enacted Extraordinary Administration Act. 'Very well-respected' managing partner Josip Madirazza was central to the aforementioned mandate and is also noted for his 'excellent work' on energy project financings. Morana Herak and recently promoted partner Tatjana Radmilović regularly advise issuers and underwriters on debt and equity capital markets transactions.
Josip Madirazza; Tin Težak; Morana Herak
‘The firm combines in-depth knowledge of specific sectors with a very flexible and reasonable approach to foreign clients which have little knowledge of the Croatian legal system, and need to be guided and advised efficiently.‘
‘Josip Madirazza stands out as a result of his longstanding experience in corporate and finance law and his patience and insight in handling complex negotiations between strong personalities.‘
‘Tin Težak is a knowledgeable and hands on lawyer.‘
VTB Bank (Europe) SE
Zagrebačka banka d.d.
Deutsche Bank Luxembourg S.A
Zagrebačka banka d.d. (UniCredit Group)
Raiffeisen Leasing d.o.o.
PROFESSIO ENERGIA d.d.
- Acting for numerous major international financial creditors, including VTB Bank (Europe), on the Agrokor restructuring.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on perfecting the security package relating to the €331m financing of the Zagreb Airport construction.
- Assisted Steinhoff Group’s main creditors with the implementation of the financial restructuring of Conforama (a Steinhoff Group subsidiary) through a €316m two-tranche bond issuance.
Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC
Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC has an excellent reputation for banks and corporates across the gamut of transactional and regulatory financing mandates. The team has established relationships with a mix of regional and international lenders, for which it handles bilateral matters as well as substantial syndicated debt financing mandates and equity capital markets work. As well as work for commercial banks, the team continues to regularly advise the EBRD, including on a €30m syndicated financing it, alongside Addiko Bank, provided to DIV Group. Luka Rimac has significant regulatory knowledge which he effectively implements on behalf of clients including the Zagreb Stock Exchange (including his recent work for it on the creation and launch of an innovative crowdfunding platform based on bitcoin technology). Frano Belohradsky is also recommended.
Luka Rimac; Frano Belohradsky
‘The knowledgeable and hardworking team provides excellent advice across equity and debt capital markets matters.‘
‘The firm has extensive knowledge of capital markets legislation.‘
Zagreb Stock Exchange
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Zagreb City Holding
Nova Kreditna Banka Maribor d.d. and NOVA KBM GROUP members
SKDD CCP d.d.
Privredna Banka Zagreb d.d. (Croatian subsidiary of Intesa San Paolo)
Zagrebačka banka d.d. (Croatian subsidiary of UniCredit)
Hrvatska elektroprivreda – HEP d.d. (Croatian electric provider company)
- Advising the EBRD on high-value financings of several borrowers in Croatia, including advising it, alongside Addiko Bank, on a €30m syndicated financing to DIV Group.
- Acting for Zagrebački holding, the City of Zagreb utility services provider, on the issuance of the second tranche of HRK500m notes as part of its overall €300m capital raising.
- Assisting regional bank Nova Kreditna Banka Maribor with numerous matters, including a €12.6m cross-border financing to Croatian media company, Hanza Media.
An established and well-respected presence in the market, Porobija & Porobija is best-known for its work for lenders and borrowers on energy and infrastructure-related financing matters. Zeljka Rostas Blazekovic has an excellent reputation across a wide range of financing activity, including her work for international investment banks underwriting Croatian sovereign bonds.
One of the most established firms in the country, Žurić i Partneri is regularly instructed directly by international and regional banks, as well as through a referral basis by numerous high-profile international law firms, on many of the most significant transactions in the market. Duško Žurić has particular expertise handling major infrastructure and energy-related project financings, from both a new money and restructuring perspective. The team also handles financial services regulatory matters and regularly assists international clients with the launch of new products and operations in the domestic market. The 'reliable and responsible' Mihovil Granić 'has an excellent knowledge of national and international regulations' relating to financing work, including restructurings, project financing and capital markets work.
Duško Žurić; Edin Karakas
‘The firm maintains a high quality and responsive service.‘
‘The team is exceptionally smart, knowledgeable and client-oriented.‘
‘Edin Karakas is thorough and on point.‘
‘Mihovil Granić provides exceptional legal advice.‘
Babic & Partners Law Firm excels in providing local law advice to international banks and corporates on cross-border financings and refinancings related to corporate, real estate and project mandates. Iva Basaric is recommended.
Iva Basaric; Boris Babic
TRG Management LP
Bardek, Lisac, Mušec, Skoko in association with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria)
Often tapping into the expertise of lawyers spread across the firm's extensive international network, particularly throughout Central and Eastern Europe, and also generating a significant amount of standalone work, Bardek, Lisac, Mušec, Skoko in association with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria) provides a 'competent and efficient' service to international banks across a range of mandates, including acquisition finance matters in the retail sector. In addition to her broad-ranging new money and restructuring transactional work (which recently included advice to Goldman Sachs as a major creditor in the Agrokor restructuring), team head Jelena Nushol has developed a niche expertise on the sell-side on NPL transactions.
Erste Group Bank AG
Zagrebačka banka d.d. – Croatian arm of UniCredit Group
The European Investment Bank (EIB)
IFC – International Finance Corporation
Raiffeisen Bank International
Bank Pekao S.A.
Credit Suisse AG
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
SIX Group AG
Citibank N.A. London Branch
UniCredit Bank AG
King Street (Europe) LLP
B2 Holding ASA
Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- Advised Heta AG on the complex sale of two servicing platforms and portfolio of receivables and properties with a face value of €800m.
- Acted for Goldman Sachs as a major creditor on a series of Agrokor-related mandates.
- Advising EIB on a series of financing mandates with lenders including an airport operator, a hotels and leisure market leader, and an e-car producer.
Working on its own and also frequently in conjunction with Hogan Lovells International LLP, with which the firm has a "best friends" relationship, Bogdanovic, Dolicki & Partners handles a wide range of domestic and cross-border finance work for lenders and borrowers, both in a new money and refinancing/restructuring context. Tin Dolicki is recommended.
KOVACEVIC PRPIC SIMEUNOVIC LLC continues to thrive in the market for a varied roster of financing parties by virtue of its ability to handle traditional new money and restructuring mandates (including acquisition and project-related financings), as well as work within more specialised areas, including asset finance. 'Very commercial and precise' co-head Danijela Simeunović is active across a wide array of financing mandates and has carved a successful niche for herself in relation to aviation financing work.
Danijela Simeunović; Dinka Kovačević; Martina Prpić
‘The team has in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the banking and finance sector.’
‘Dinka Kovačević is a highly regarded professional who constantly strives for the highest quality of work and thinks ahead so she can pre-warn clients on any potential problems.‘
‘Danijela Simeunović is knowledgeable and practical.‘
Insight Investment Management (Global) Limited
Ministry of Finance, Republic of Croatia
Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt
PRIVREDNA BANKA ZAGREB
CRÉDIT INDUSTRIELET COMMERCIAL
Hrvatska poštanska banka dioničko društvo (HPB d.d.)
AIK Banka AD
MUFG UNION BANK, N.A
OTP Banka d.d. (formerly Splitska banka d.d.)
HPB – Stambena štedionica d.d.
- Advising a leading global asset manager on the financing to facilitate the acquisition of a large NPL portfolio secured by real estate collateral in Croatia.
- Assisted Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt, with its cash pooling arrangement and conducted a legal due diligence of its cash pooling documentation.
- Advised a group of lenders, in cooperation with Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, on the refinancing of the Zagreb airport concession project operated by Medunarodna Zračna Luka Zagreb d.d. (International Zagreb Airport Jsc.) as the concessionaire.
Headquartered in Rijeka - Croatia's principal seaport - Macesic & Partners LLC has a long-established reputation for handling maritime-related work, including ship and shipbuilding financings. The firm also has some long-established ties with major international banks, including Credit Suisse and Raiffeisenbank, which generates a significant amount of transactional and regulatory work. The team has successfully expanded the scope of its work to include recent debt and equity financing work for a major tech start-up. 'Highly intelligent and knowledgeable' team head Ivana Manovelo has 'extensive knowledge of the law relating to banking and financial institutions'.
‘The very skillful and helpful team has deep understanding of the capital markets.‘
‘The team is exceptional: it provides high-end legal service and added value to our business.‘
‘Ivana Manovelo thinks outside the box. She is not only an exceptional professional but also a very pleasant person to work with.‘
Erste & Steiermärkische
Jointly headed by the 'knowledgeable' Mojmir Ostermann and the 'proactive and responsive' Vjekoslav Ivančić, Ostermann & Partners LLP's two-partner team provides 'professional and detail-oriented advice' to lenders and borrowers across a range of financing mandates, including as it relates to funding corporate and real estate transactions. Utilising a multi-disciplinary approach which leverages practitioners from the corporate and litigation practices, the team also excels at handling NPL portfolio acquisition work and restructuring mandates.
Mojmir Ostermann and Vjekoslav Ivančić
‘The quality is excellent across the firm.‘
PRESS GLASS S.A.
- Advised Press Glass on the refinancing of a €200m syndicated loan.
- Acted for APS Holding on its (ultimately failed) bid for the acquisition of H-Abduco, REOs and corporate secured NPL portfolios of the Heta Asset Resolution Group, with a total gross exposure of approx €872m secured by real estate market value of c. €394m.
- Acted for APS Holding on its (ultimately failed) bid for the €335m acquisition of the NPL portfolio of Zagrebačka Banka.
Led out of Zagreb by Vedrana Iveković and also regularly working alongside practitioners from across its CEE network, Wolf Theiss - Zagreb branch has a strong pedigree among borrowers and lenders across a range of financing and regulatory work. The team is also noted for its financial services M&A work and its increasing presence in the burgeoning fintech sector.
Advent International Corporation
Allianz Global Investors GmbH
B2 Holding ASA
Bain Capital Private Equity
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
Citigroup Global Markets
Croatian Central Depository and Clearing Company (SKDD)
DDM Group AG
Erste & Steiermärkische Bank
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Hemisphere International Properties B.V. (Steinhoff Europe)
One Equity Partners
Ritzio International Limited
The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Advising Hemisphere International Properties, a subsidiary of Steinhoff Europe, on the financing collateral provided by three Croatian real estate holding companies, including insolvency regulations, capital maintenance and corporate benefit rules, liability of directors and regulatory issues.
- Acting for the EBRD on a €25m secured loan to a Croatian manufacturer of aluminium.
- Advising Austria-based private equity firm, Mezzanine Management, on the mezzanine financing of Croatian clinical research organisation Optimapharm, acquisition of direct equity interest, refinancing of existing debt and other cash management issues.
Law Office Žarkovic has successfully leveraged the strong connections name partner Branimir Žarkovic has in the market on behalf of corporates and funds. Recent work has included numerous regulatory and operational matters, in addition to refinancing work pursuant to NPL acquisitions.
Blaha Family Office
Amon Ra LLC
OHM Management Group
Ox Capital Markets
Alkyon Partners GmbH
Skinest Finland Oy
- Advising Cypriot-registered investment firm, Ox Capital Markets, on the passporting process of services from the client to the Croatian market and engagement of the tied agent for the local market.
- Acting for Ramon Ra LLC on the refinancing related to the acquisition of an the investment firm.
- Assisted OHM Management Group with a NPL acquisition and set-off mechanics in light of the pending pre-bankruptcy proceedings and expected enforcement over the properties.
Since its establishment in 2017, the 'enthusiastic and energetic' team at Batarelo Dvojkovic Vuchetich Law Firm LLP has quickly made significant inroads into the local market for lenders and borrowers across a range of bank lending and capital markets transactions. 'Very knowledgeable' team head Vladimir Batarelo has a strong reputation in the market, particularly on financing matters within the food and beverages industry; he acts for domestic coffee and snacks producer Franck as a major creditor in the high-profile Agrokor restructuring.
‘Very committed, proactive and knowledge.‘
European Coastal Airlines d.o.o.
Industrieliegschaftenverwaltung AG and Kaltenberg Bayern
Day 8 Ltd
Government of the Republic of Croatia
Adria Capital Partners LLC
Clarum d.o.o. (Hans Henglein & Sohn GmbH)
Provectus Capital d.o.o.
NLB Bank AD Skopje
Nova Liburnija d.o.o
European SeaPlane Service GmbH
Otago Beteiliungs GmbH
Adma Fӧrvaltnings AB
M San Grupa d.d.
TPF International Ltd.
Forum Media Group
Croatian Hydrocarbon Agency
Invest Sedlić d.o.o.
Immobiliare Jurić d.o.o.
- Advising Franck, the largest Croatian coffee and snacks producer, on its financial restructuring after the start of the Agrokor restructuring process.
- Assisting Day 8 Ltd with obtaining financing for a concession project on the Island of Vis.
- Acted for Zaba Unicredit, as agent, on drafting a syndicated loan facility agreement for the refinancing of the largest Croatian IT company.
Law Firm Ecimovic & Kaleb LLC
Praised for its 'integrity and responsiveness', Law Firm Ecimovic & Kaleb LLC provides a 'professional and trustworthy service' to banks, leasing companies and corporates across a range of financing activity, including on capital markets matters and NPL portfolio acquisitions.
Ivan Kaleb; Josip Ećimović
‘The team displays excellent knowledge.‘
‘The very dedicated team takes its time to understand the matter and prepare in order to give you the best possible representation.‘
‘Ivan Kaleb and Josip Ećimović are very pleasant to work.‘
- Advised Return to Business on the procurement of an NPL portfolio worth approx. €54m.
- Representing SB Leasing Ltd. in liquidation.
- Advising Societe Generale Bank Serbia on the bank’s investment efforts in the Republic of Croatia, work which included legal advice regarding debenture bonds and real estate liens ensuring the deal.
Founded in 2012, the 'young and motivated' team at Gugić, Kovačić & Krivić law firm is appreciated for its 'proactive and solutions-oriented approach', and has established a strong reputation on behalf of investors and sellers of NPL portfolios, in particular.
Damjan Krivić; Lovro Kovačić
‘Tasks are performed very reliably, and within a very pleasant working environment.‘
‘Damjan Krivić stands out for his knowledge, passion, proactivity and out-of-the-box thinking.‘
DDM Group AG,
AZ pension fund – management company AZ d.o.o., Heinzlova (member of the Allianz group)
ERSTE&STEIERMÄRKISCHE BANK d. d.,
TRIGLAV OSIGURANJE d. d. (TRIGLAV INSURANCE Company Ltd.)
Hrvatski ured za osiguranje (Croatian Insurance Bureau)
Erste Group Bank AG
Erste & Steiermärkische S- Leasing d.o.o.
Raiffeisen društvo za upravljanje obveznim I dobrovoljnim mirovinskim fondovima dioničko društvo (Raiffeisen Mandatory and Voluntary Pension Funds Management Company Public Limited Company)
HAWLE Deustchland Beteiligung GmbH
- Advising DDM Group as a potential buyer of a substantial NPL portfolio from Zagrebačka bank.
- Acted for Sberbank as seller of a corporate and private individual NPL portfolio.
- Advised Hrvatski Telekom on the negotiations of partnership terms with Zagrebačka banka regarding a new product – digital mobile banking channel/application.
As well as its 'pre-eminent reputation for large-scale debt enforcement work', Hanzekovic & Partners also regularly handles restructuring/refinancing and new money mandates. The team has also recently advised on numerous fintech-related regulatory issues.
Damir Metelko; Kruno Knežević
‘Well organised and well resourced.‘
Zagrebačka banka d.d.
Erste&Steiermärkische Bank d.d.
OTP banka d.d.
CROATIA OSIGURANJE d.d.
Erste Card Club d.o.o.
HRVATSKA POŠTANSKA BANKA d.d.
Ajinomoto Europe SAS
- Acted for Mr Mato Škojo on the sale of the entirety of his shares in Mlinar d.d. as its single shareholder.
- Represented Ajinomoto Europe SAS in the collection of a claim under the Act on Compulsory Administration Procedure in Companies of Systemic Importance for the Republic of Croatia.
European banks, equity funds, and gaming companies regularly instruct the team at Ilej & Partners to assist them with a wide range of banking and finance matters, including advising on establishment of credit facilities and securities, project finance, and financial restructuring. In addition, the practice provides day-to-day legal advice to a number of international and domestic companies doing business in Croatia. The practice is jointly headed by transactional expert Goran Ilej, and Franka Baica, who specialises in domestic and cross-border M&A and real estate projects, regularly advising clients on all matters concerning share deal and asset deal transactions.
Goran Ilej; Franka Baica
Fortuna Entertainment Group
Credit Europe Bank
Zagrebačka banka d.d. & Unicredit Bank Srbija a.d. (members of UniCredit group)
- Advised the Fortuna Entertainment Group on the refinancing of its acquisition of a 100% share in the Hattrick Sports Group.
- Assisted Credit Europe Bank with the refinancing of a loan to one of the largest hotels in Dubrovnik.
Law Office Lacmanovic
Law Office Lacmanovic handles a range of financing work, including as it relates to funding real estate and corporate transactions, as well as in the context of insolvency matters. Praised for her 'clear and practical advice', team head Natalija Lacmanovic is regularly at the forefront of the most significant work handled by the team, including its ongoing work for Heta Asset Resolution across a range of matters including the sale of numerous substantial NPLs.
‘Competence, transparency in communications and billing and an ability to keep client secrets.‘
Q.C.M. camo plus AG
RUAG Corporate Services AG / RUAG Schweiz AG
Heta Asset Resolution AG
Dundee 360 Real Estate Corporation
- Acting for Switzerland-based company, Q.C.M. camo plus in the debt collection and pre-bankruptcy proceedings against the debtor European Coastal Airlines, a seaplane operator based in Split.
- Represented Ruag Schweiz with respect to its debt collection, within the pre-bankruptcy and bankruptcy proceedings and litigation against the debtor European Coastal Airlines.
- Advised Heta Asset Resolution on numerous matters including on loan restructurings and debt collections.
Led by Ivana Miloš, M&S Partners has expertise across the gamut of transactional, regulatory and litigation for a range of domestic and international financial services entities. Miloš has been at the cutting-edge of work relating to the Swiss franc-denominated loan litigation and continues to represent one of the principal defendant Croatian banks in the ongoing precedent-shaping litigation brought by borrowers of Swiss Franc-denominated consumer loans.
Jointly headed by Tonka Gjoić and Tena Tomek, Marohnic, Tomek & Gjoic, Law Firm's two-partner team provides a 'friendly and professional approach' to funds on NPL portfolio acquisitions, as well as more general financing work - where the firm is appreciated for its ability to 'keep up to date with all relevant capital market trends'. Tomek has been particularly active advising on the establishment of the first Croatian Social Impact Investment Fund.
Tonka Gjoić; Tena Tomek
‘The team has in-depth knowledge and understanding of our needs and is able to always respond to them quickly and efficiently.‘
‘They keep up to date with all relevant capital market trends, ensuring that we maintain our competitive edge in the market.‘
Balkan Properties Limited UK
JP International Holdings AG
Rigi Real Estate Austria
Samo ljubav d.o.o.
Feelsgood Capital Partners
- Advised Balkan Properties on a multimillion-euro refinancing transaction.
- Acted for an NPL/property acquirer on a complex matter concerning the acquisition of prime real properties located in Zagreb, Croatia.
- Advising Feelsgood Capital Partners on the establishment and operation of a €30m Croatian Social Impact investment fund.
Orehovec, Vinter, Kiš, Šimunović
The 'knowledgeable' team at Orehovec, Vinter, Kiš, Šimunović handles a range of banking and finance work for both borrowers and lenders although it is perhaps best-known for its insolvency-related work.
Led out of Zagreb by Ozren Kobsa and also often working with key network offices including Vienna, Schoenherr in cooperation with Croatian lawyers handles a range of transactional, regulatory and litigation for a range of domestic and international banks and corporates. Recent work has included advising on several bank-related NPL disposals and advising a bank on a regulatory-driven capital raising.
Sberbank of Russia
HETA ASSET RESOLUTION
Steinhoff Europe AG
VTB Capital Trading Limited
- Advised Raiffeisenbank Austria on raising new capital by way of bond issuance.
- Advising Sberbank of Russia and its local subsidiaries on a multifaceted mandate regarding its over €1bn exposure to the Croatian food and retail giant Agrokor and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Acting for UniCredit Bank, HypoVereinsban on its private offerings of financial structured products to investors in Croatia.
Law Office Skerlev
At Law Office Skerlev, name partner Branko Skerlev has tremendous experience (he was formerly in-house at a leading Croatian private group) within the alternative funds space. His work in this area includes assisting with the establishment of hedge and private equity funds, in addition to advice on pertinent regulatory matters.
‘With deep experience in the financial services industry, Branko and his team from Law Office Skerlev provides us with strategic and practical advice to a diverse array of our business interests.‘
‘The team is calm under pressure, possesses astute legal acumen, but is willing to let points go when it makes commercial sense.‘
‘Branko Skerlev has considerable experience in complex capital markets matters, M&A deals and private equity transactions.‘
‘Branko Skerlev has an excellent capacity for seeing the big picture and is so exceptionally good with details.‘
At Vidan Law Office, name partner Hrvoje Vidan is recognised by one client as 'surely one of the best banking and finance lawyers in the country'. Vidan handles bank loan financing as well as debt capital markets work across a range of industry sectors, including energy, hospitality, retail and real estate.
‘The team at Vidan Law Office is simply great. The lawyers are very supportive, knowledgeable and able to offer practical solutions for the issues at hand. They have great drafting skills and are capable to tackle successfully even the most complicated mandates.‘
‘Hrvoje Vidan has outstanding understanding of the business and of the commercial ideas standing behind the legal work that needs to be done.‘
- Advised AIK Bank on identifying prerequisites for cross-border and on-site provision of banking services.