Corporate and M&A: PRC firms in China
With significant offices in Shanghai and Beijing, Fangda Partners is most known for complex cross-border M&A transactions, particularly outbound investments of Chinese companies and high-value inbound investments for multinationals and international financial institutions. The practice group is led by Shanghai's Norman Zhong, and includes cross-border acquisition and joint venture expert Jeffrey Ding; Michael Han, who is able to draw on vast knowledge about competition law; and Grace Yu, whose specialisms are M&A and financial regulations. Leo Lou is another name to note for advising on financial institution transactions, while Amanda Zhou focuses on corporate finance. In May 2020, Jonathan Zhou left for an in-house position.
‘Fangda’s team members generally have rich experience in servicing multinational companies’ M&A operations in China. Because they are habitually active in the legal service market, they can share and pass on their experience gained in different projects to customers in a timely manner.’
‘Whether the client has been rooted in the Chinese market for many years or entered China for the first time in a certain industry, you can quickly understand the legal environment of the Chinese market and effectively respond to new legal issues that are constantly emerging in the Chinese market.‘
‘Fangda team has solid Chinese client base together with deep understanding of international deals. They give us reliable feedback and practical solution to important issues’
‘Norman Zhong, head of M&A team, is excellent. He has high communication skills, professional knowledge, plentiful experience and trusted personality.’
‘Very professional team. Strong in negotiation and documentation.’
The Goldman Sachs Group
Alibaba Group Holding
Central Huijin Investment
China Hua Neng Group Hong Kong
Eddingpharm Group (Cayman) Holdings
- Global deal counsel advising a buyer consortium led by Envision on its acquisition of electric battery operations and production facilities from Nissan and NEC.
- Advised Alibaba on its 100% acquisition of HQG, the holding company of the cross-border e-commerce business unit, Kaola, from the Nasdaq-listed Chinese internet company, NetEase
- Advised Goldman Sachs on its sale of a stake of about 4% in Taikang Life to Allianz SE.
Han Kun Law Offices has a growing reputation for advising multinationals and Chinese corporates and SOEs on domestic, out- and inbound M&A transactions. The firm is most known for its TMT sector expertise; Charles Li and Tracy Zhou recently advised JD.com on its $500m investment in Aihuishou and its subsequent strategic cooperation agreement. Exemplifying the firm's depth of expertise, David Tang is often instructed on corporate compliance and regulatory matters arising from corporate transactions. All handling cross-border M&A, inbound investment and funds are Aaron Zhou, Zaiguang Lu, Cheng Chen and Yipu Li.
Other key lawyers:
‘Special experience in investment and financing legal advisory services for TMT industry investment mergers and start-ups, the team is very professional and pragmatic.’
‘Dafei Chen, a partner lawyer, is deeply involved in the investment, financing and mergers and acquisitions legal consulting services of the TMT industry and start-ups. He understands business logic, can focus on key points, analyses legal risks and solutions from the perspective of customers, and puts forward practical suggestions. He is the go-to lawyer of our company in domestic investment and M&A transactions.‘
Enerpac Tool Group
Vipshop Holdings Limited
American Express Global Business Travel
- Advised Chinese Classifieds Site 58.com on its $8.7bn Take-Private Deal
- Advised Heineken on its strategic partnership with China Resources
- Assisted JD.COM with its $1.6 billion disposal of a portfolio of modern logistics warehouse facilities to its newly established JD Logistics Properties Core Fund together with GIC
JunHe LLP's core areas of expertise are foreign direct investment, private equity deals, M&A and reorganisations, areas in which Daniel He excels. The team also regularly assists domestic companies with overseas and local investments, including acquisitions of non-performing asset portfolios. Corporate compliance is another key service for the group, where it provides advice on privacy and data protection. Audrey Chen is admitted to practice in China, New York and California, and has developed a strong cross-border transactional practice; Yue Zhang has expertise in TMT sector deals; Wei Wei has expertise in reorganisations; while Kai Wang is making a name for himself for cross-border M&A. The department is jointly led by Joe Chen and Henry Shi.
Other key lawyers:
‘The professional legal services of JunHe’s merger and acquisition team are efficient and dedicated. Accurately control legal risks and have a solid foundation in legal English.’
‘The law firm has a strong comprehensive strength, rich lawyer resources, and a wide range of businesses, and can provide professional opinions from various legal perspectives for a specific matter.’
‘The law firm’s philosophy and culture promote the growth and development of lawyers in the firm The professionalism and teamwork spirit advocated also ensure the high quality of the services provided to clients.’
‘The law firm has a high reputation, attracting a large number of outstanding lawyers to join, ensuring the overall level of the service team.’
‘The top lawyers are rich in resources and echelon The connection configuration is reasonable, suitable for the different levels and levels of lawyer experience and level requirements for different projects and matters, and helps clients to choose and balance between work quality requirements and cost control.’
‘The professional division of the team is very complete, and the mutual collaboration and internal resource mobilization are rapid. The service quality is high.’
‘Junhe has a large clientele and is therefore able to provide benchmarking.’
‘Responsive and mentally nimble.’
‘Practical solution-oriented advice. Very professional and responsive.‘
Yimidida Supply Chain Group
Shihezi Zhongbang Equity Investment Management Partnership
Shanghai Electric Group Company
Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding
China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone Holdings
Chengtong Fund Management
Hongtai Capital Holdings
Shanghai Yunjian Enterprise Management Consulting Partnership
CICC Jiahe (Tianjin) Equity Investment Fund Management
China Structural Reform Fund
Gold Stone Investment
AXA Asia AXA
CRHC Central Enterprise Operation Investment Fund Management
CRHC Ronghui Equity Investment Fund Management
King & Wood Mallesons
With a network that includes offices in London and New York, King & Wood Mallesons is well-placed to assist foreign clients on their investments in China, as well as outbound transactions by Chinese companies. The group has extensive experience advising domestic corporates and SOEs on M&A, as well as transactions arising from the Belt and Road initiative. The Beijing team is jointly led by Ping Xu and Kaiding Wang; Lixin Wang leads in Shanghai; while Zhangqi Tao heads the department in Shenzhen. Wei He focuses on cross-jurisdictional M&A and private equity investments, as do Jennifer Yao, Ling Huang, Ping Yao and Dai Zhang.
‘The organization network is wide, the experience is very rich, the customer is considerate, the work quality is high.’
‘They can also provide high-quality opinions and have a strong ability to mobilize internal resources.’
Zhejiang China Commodities City Group
Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts and its actual controller/majority shareholders
China Resources Beer (Holdings) Company
China National Complete Plant Import and Export Group Corporation
China Hainan Rubber Industry Group
Silk Road Fund
Harrow International Management Services
Hna-Caissa Travel Group
Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor
- Advised Ningbo Jifeng and its controlling shareholder on its investment in Grammer
- Advised Daimler on its joint venture with Geely that will operate a brand in new energy vehicle sector in China
- Advises GOTION and Volkswagen China on their strategic cooperation agreement in relation to the manufacture of lithium batteries.
Corporate transactions are a core part of Zhong Lun Law Firm's practice. The team is regularly instructed by multinational and listed companies on restructurings, M&A, cross-border deals and outbound investment. It provides a full service, drawing on wider firm expertise in tax, finance and the Chinese regulatory environment. The China-wide department is jointly led by Audry Li, who also has experience as an arbitrator, and Richard Zeng; while Lingchen Pu is the contact for corporate and foreign direct investment in Beijing, and Scott Guan is a key contact in Shanghai. Chairman of the firm's management committee Anthony Zhao has substantial experience in TMT sector deals involving public and private companies. Ting Gao has quickly established herself as an expert in advising foreign companies on their China entry strategy.
‘Work hard, can better serve customer needs, actively communicate with customers, and explore suitable solutions.’
‘Able to actively communicate, actively think, and actively propose solutions to help customers solve business problems.’
‘The team we have worked with are reliable and they are expert in real estate transaction and operation matters.‘
‘They will assess the risks associated with the transaction or operation timely and precisely and provide valuable advice to facilitate the transactions. Quality of works are impressive.’
‘Zhong Lun provides services in a very broad range of different legal topics.‘
Sinomine Resource Group
China-LAC Industrial Cooperation Investment Fund Co
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
Shanghai SUS Environment
TBEA Shenyang Transformer Group
Global Logistics Property
Ironbridge Equity Partners
Barrick Gold Incorporation
Symrise Asia Pacific
Go Capture Marketing (Shanghai)
Avenue Asia Capital Management
Macquarie Corporate Holdings
SINOTRANS Southern China
Mongolia North Heavy Industries Group
Qiming Venture Partners
Armstrong World Industry
The Jackson Laboratory
China Re Asset Management Company
China Merchants Bank Company
Diamond Wood China
Cree Huizhou Solid State Lighting Company
TCL Financial Holding (Shenzhen)
China Great Wall AMC (International) Holdings
Minsheng Financial Leasing Company
Chow Tai Fook Jeweller (Shenzhen)
- Advised Ascendent Capital on its investment in the form of secured convertible and exchangeable bonds in the education business subsidiary of NetDragon Websoft Holdings
- Advised Sinotrans Limited on its merger with Sinotrans Air Transportation Development by share exchange.
- Advised Liaoning Bora Group on its establishment of a mega-sized joint venture for production of petrochemical products with LyondellBasell (Phase I Investment at RMB18bn)
Global Law Office handles public and private M&A transactions, with a specialism in advising state-owned enterprises (SOEs) in their cross-border activities. Other areas of expertise include foreign investment, industrial compliance and SOE regulations. The department is jointly led by Beijing's Jinrong Liu and Alex Liu, Shanghai's George Wang and Shifang Guo in Shenzhen; all of whom have experience in cross-border M&A and private equity transactions. Shenzhen managing partner Cheng Li is another partner of note with corporate restructuring expertise; while the managing partner of the Shanghai office Yu Zhang has a significant M&A practice.
New Frontier Corporation
Blue Sail Medical
China Merchants Expressway
CICC Capital Management
ARA Asset Management
China National Nuclear Corporation
Shanghai Care Alliance Medical Technology
Minsheng Education Group
- Advised New Frontier Corporation on its acquisition of United Family Healthcare from TPG, Fosun Pharma and other existing shareholders.
- Assisted BeiGene with a global strategic partnership for oncology.
- Acquisition of the Canadian Listed Company First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
Haiwen & Partners has a well-established M&A team that is regularly instructed on domestic and cross-border transactions, by way of acquisition of material assets, mergers, private equity investments, stock purchases, restructurings and joint ventures. Clients include both Chinese and foreign private and public companies, as well as SOEs. Managing partner Jiping Zhang heads the department, with substantial experience advising financial institutions and multinationals on their deals in the PRC. Yu Cao has a strong reputation for entertainment and media sector transactions; Xiajun Fang is the contact for asset restructurings of listed companies in China.
China International Capital Corporation
Jiangxi Copper Company
Wuhan Zhongshang Commercial Group
Three Gorges Capital Holdings and Changjiang Ecological Environmental Protection Group
CITIC Capital Holdings
- Advised Wuhan Zhongshang Commercial Group on Easyhome’s backdoor listing in the A-share market.
- Advised Diageo on its Further Stake Increase in Shuijingfang.
- Advised Jiangxi Copper on its acquisition of Shandong Humon Smelting through a $433m share purchase.
Jincheng Tongda & Neal
Jincheng Tongda & Neal is a full-service firm that assists PRC and international clients with domestic and cross-border transactions, with a particular focus on M&A in the natural resources, energy, automotive, pharmaceuticals and TMT sectors. On outbound deals, the group often acts as lead counsel, coordinating transactions associated with the Belt and Road initiative. Co-heading the group, Annie Wu has impressive experience acting as PRC and lead counsel in cross-border transactions, as do fellow practice heads Stephen Peng and managing partner Xiaodong Zheng. Mingkai Wang is another practitioner of note with expertise in corporate, SOE and securities law.
‘Professional with insights.’
‘Responsible and responsive.’
China Minmetals Corporation
China Energy Investment Corporation
CITIC International Cooperation
China CAMC Engineering
Zhongzhan Zhonghe (Beijing) International Exhibition
Jingtian & Gongcheng's M&A team advises domestic and foreign clients on all aspects of their transactions. The group is able to utilise the firm's expertise in other areas, including competition, employment, intellectual property and tax to provide a full service. An area of particular expertise is assisting Chinese clients with their participation in cross-border Belt and Road Initiative deals. The team is led by Huang Yongqing and includes co-founding partner Wei Bai. Guanchun Dai is another stand-out practitioner with experience in cross-border deals.
Volkswagen Group (China)
Shanghai Hongda Mining
Wanda Sports Group Company
Yunnan Water Investment
Thai Union Group
China Risun Group
Greater China Financial Holdings
5i5j Holding Group
Ivy Education Group
China Huaneng Group
China Gezhouba Group
ABC Fintech Inc.
Advantage Partners Asia Fund
Haidilao International Holding
KGF Asia Holding
Football Club Internazionale Milano
Beijing Hosen Investment Management, LLP
Tian Shui Hua Tian Technology
TOUS les JOURS
- Acted as joint PRC counsel to Suning Group as the acquire of an 80% stake in Carrefour China.
- Acting as PRC and Hong Kong counsel to China Huaneng Group in relation to the privatisation of Huaneng Renewables
- Served as lead counsel to Jiayou International Logistics on its participation in a PPP project for the modernisation of a road and land port in the Republic of Congo.
The corporate and commercial team at Llinks Law Offices is well-versed in foreign direct investment, and often advises foreign clients on the local legal environment and their operations in China. The group also advise Chinese corporates on their transactions domestically and abroad. The department is jointly led by foreign direct investment specialist Nicholas Lou and Grant Chen. Colin Shi has developed a strong M&A practice and advises a mixture of foreign and domestic investment funds. Senior associate Kyle Zhao is noted for advising investment funds, particularly in the real estate sector.
‘Familiar with the legal environment and business knowledge of overseas mergers and acquisitions. The team members are all PhDs and masters graduated from well-known overseas law schools.’
‘They are very experienced in mergers and acquisitions negotiations and can provide companies with a lot of good ideas when negotiating with each other.’
‘Have a good understanding of foreign business culture, which is of great help to Chinese-funded enterprises in overseas mergers.’
Shanghai Electric (Group) Corporation
Sinochem Zhejiang Chemical
Sinochem International Corporation
Xiamen ITG Group
Döhler Asia PTE
Xiamen International Trade Group
Ping An Capital
Contemporary Amperex Technology
EBA (Beijng) Investment and Management
Contemporary Amperex Technology
Fulida Group Holding
Tian Yuan Law Firm
For Tian Yuan Law Firm, corporate and M&A is a central pillar of the offering. The group is experienced in advising on domestic and international M&A transactions, including overseas reverse takeovers. It is also regularly instructed by SOEs on their transactions. Yanling Ren is head of the corporate and M&A department, also specialising in real estate transactions. Guanxiong Wu takes the lead on education sector transactions. Lihua Wang has expertise in deals involving listed companies, while Aihua Xiao focuses on transactions for SOEs.
Beijing Offcn Education & Technology
China Resources Land
China Yangtze Power
Maple Leaf Educational Systems
New Journey Hospital Group
Rotary Vortex Limite
Shandong Yingcai University
SDIC Power Holdings
Wanda Film Holding
Xiamen Qinhuai Technology
- Advised China Yangtze Power on its $3.59bn acquisition of 83.6% of shares in Peruvian company Luz Del Sur (LDS, Peru’s largest listed electricity company) held by Sempra Energy from the USA
- Advised Willsemi on its RMB15.5bn acquisition of Beijing Omnivision, a world famous image sensor chip supplier.
- Advised Henan Shuanghui Investment & Development on its RMB40bn acquisition of Henan Shuanghui Group
The group at AllBright Law Offices has significant experience in M&A transactions in China, particularly advising international companies on their inward investments. The group is also called on to assist Chinese companies with the due diligence aspects of their offshore deals. Fangzhou Bao chairs the department, and in addition to M&A and listed company restructuring expertise, also advises on mixed-ownership restructuring of SOEs. Phillip Zhang specialises in foreign direct investment, as does Carl Li.
Shanghai Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park Development
Shanghai Electric Group
Guo Rui Technology
China State Shipbuilding Corporation
Ganzhou Financial Holding Group
Datong Coal Mine Group
Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical
Agricultural Bank of China Financial Assets Investment
Shenzhen Huichuan Technology
- Assisted Shanghai Zhangjiang Hi-Tech with its investment in Huaqin Zhangjiang Haocheng.
- Advised Zhangjiang Group and Zhangjiang High-tech on a joint venture to establish Shanghai Junji Construction and Development
- Advised INEOS on the expansion of its business in China.
DaHui Lawyers' team is regularly instructed as lead counsel by Chinese companies in cross-border transactions, with expertise across the TMT, energy, healthcare, bio-tech, manufacturing and education sectors. The department is led by founding and managing partner Richard Ma, who has experience in high-profile inbound investments. Zheng Zha focuses on M&A and corporate finance, while Julia Dai specialises in M&A and strategic investments, particularly in the TMT sector. Cloud Li has a growing practice advising European and American multinationals and SOEs on their transactions in China.
‘I like the pragmatic way they work and the speed. The solutions are always very clear and transparent for us as foreign market participants.’
China Seed International
Cirium (Flight Global)
Hainan Airlines / HNA Group
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
LexisNexis Legal Professional & Risk Solutions
Messe München Group
Mitsui & Co
- Advised on the post-spin off onshore and offshore structuring of Evernote’s China JV.
- Advised Comcast on a tailored strategy to dissolve certain PRC entities and implement complex capital refunding and employment/labour plans.
- Advised CBS on the establishment of new entities and strategic partnerships in China.
The corporate and M&A group is central to DeHeng Law Offices' offering. The group often acts as lead counsel for Chinese clients in cross-border acquisitions, and is well-versed in outbound greenfield investments. In terms of sector expertise, the team specialises in advising mining and semiconductor manufacturers. Zhaoxia Fan heads the department, and focuses on M&A and restructurings for a solid client list of SOEs and investment funds. David Chen takes the lead on cross-border transactions.
Chengdu Global Century Exhibition & Travel Group
Shenzhen Qianhai Development Investment Holding
Shenzhen Kunpeng Equity Investment Management
Yunnan Baiyao Group
China Nuclear Engineering & Construction Corporation
Wuxi Communications Construction Engineering Group
- Advised Shenzhen Qianhai Development Investment Holding on the RMB 145.8bn capital increase project of Shenzhen Qianhai Shekou Free Trade Investment Development
- Advised Yunnan Baiyao Group on its RMB 50bn acquisition of Baiyao Holdings 3. Client:
- Advised the Independent Financial Consultant on WH Group’s RMB 39.091bn acquisition of Henan Luohe Shuanghui Industry Group.
Grandall Law Firm has a strong reputation for M&A transactions for large domestic corporates. The group also has experience in cross-border deals, both outbound, on behalf of Chinese clients, and inbound foreign investment. The core team includes chief executive partner of the firm Hongbing Lv and energy and infrastructure sector expert Weidong Wang. In 2019, the group benefited from the arrival of Alan Huang from Guantao Law Firm.
‘Alan Huang is an excellent lawyer. I would recommend him to my colleagues.’
- Advised Jiangsu Expressway company on its participation in a consortium including China Merchants Expressway Network and Technology, acquiring Turkish infrastructure company ICA
- Advised Joyvivo Agriculture Development on its acquisition of Chilean company Australis Seafoods.
- Advised Haoxiangni Health Food on its $705m sale of the brand Be & Cheery to PepsiCo
At Commerce & Finance Law Office, lawyers advise clients on asset restructurings for Chinese listed companies, strategic investment, asset acquisitions, as well as M&A projects. The group is jointly led by M&A specialist Xiaoman Zhang, healthcare and education sector expert Jianhai Luan, Andrew Zhang, Xinggao Pan and Lingyun Dai. Catherine Shen is noted for her expertise in the real estate and automotive industries, where she often assists with M&A projects and foreign direct investment.
Other key lawyers:
- Advised Tangshan Delong Steel on acquisition of Bohai Steel Group
- Advised Tsinghua Holdings on the reform of the affiliated enterprises.
- Advised Henan Shuanghui Investment & Development on an asset restructuring project.
Lawyers at Dentons China have access to the firm's international resources, as well as a presence in cities across China, enabling it to advise Chinese clients on domestic and the PRC-aspects of global transactions. In Beijing, the main figures are Guang Han, Meili Gao, Xuefeng Leng, Qing Guo and Libei Wu; while Jiamao Cheng and Sunny Sun are of note in Shanghai.
China Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund
China National Nuclear Corporation
State Power Investment Corporatio
China South Industries Group
Chinalco Capital Holdings
China National Investment and Guaranty Corporation
China National Nuclear Corporation Capital Holdings
China Aero Engine Corporation Finance
Sany Automobile Financing
SPIC Fund Management
Shandong Bohui Group
Bank Of Communications Financial Assets Investment
FunDe Sino Life Insurance
Shanghai Mianlin Network Technology
Incline Elevate GP
China Venture Capital Fund Corporation
Arcline Investment Management
Oshkosh JLG (Tianjin) Equipment Technology
Shenzhen SharkNinja Technology
Starkey Hearing Technologies
- Advised FunDe Sino Life Insurance on its investment into the Cayman holding company of Baidu Takeaway.
- Advised Shanghai Mianlin Network Technology on seeking investment from Aqua Venture.
- Advised Incline Elevate on the PRC aspects of its global aquisition of ASP Global.
The team at FenXun Partners works closely with Baker McKenzie's global network through a joint operation, to advise an impressive range of multinational clients and state-owned enterprises on their transactions in the PRC. The group is led by managing partner Yingzhe Wang, who is noted for his knowledge in SOE reorganisations and M&A. Zhenyu Ruan focuses on the TMT sector and has a strong track record in M&A and regulatory issues in China.
INEOS Styrolution Group
Jin Jiang International
Beiqi Foton Motor
Shenzhen S.F. Investment
Guangxi Digital Group
- Advised Whirlpool on the disposal of its Embraco business (including two China subsidiaries) in an auction sale.
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline on the proposed acquisition of a global consumer healthcare business from Pfizer and proposed joint venture.
- Advised INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, on its the acquisition of the polystyrene sites from Total, following receipt of all applicable regulatory and legal approvals.
Guantao Law Firm
The team at Guantao Law Firm has knowledge in company formation and corporate governance, franchise and chain store operations, as well as in transactional issues such as public and private M&A. The domestic corporate team is led by Bo Su, while Dongying Sun leads the international team. Founding partner Liguo Cui is also regularly involved on the transactional side.
Zhongce Rubber Group
Guangdong Champion Asia Electronics
China Railway Construction Investment Group
Beijing Ctrowell Technology Corporation
Xi’an Dagang Road Machinery
Tangshan Jidong Cement
Zhejiang Communication Investment Group
Hangzhou Anow Microfiltration
- Advised China Railway Construction on acquisition of 49% of equity of a subsidiary of Evergrande Group and debts along with the project.
- Advised Zhejiang Communication Investment on its acquisition of three roads.
- Advised Beijing Ctrowell Technology on a major asset reorganisation.
At AnJie Law Firm, lawyers have significant experience in a wide range of corporate transactions, including listed company M&A, consolidations, asset restructuring, management buyouts, as well as in- and outbound investments. The department is jointly led by foreign direct investment expert Yu Wang and Simon Li, who stands out for M&A transactions.
‘Anjie’s team has extensive project experience in the field of investment and mergers and acquisitions, and has provided professional services for many mergers and acquisitions and large-scale well-known transactions in the market. At the same time, compared with other firms, the team’s configuration is relatively senior and has relatively high requirements for service quality control; service charges are also at a reasonable level.’
‘Anjie pays sufficient attention to the company to support our daily legal issues and acquisition business; and on key issues and links, more experienced lawyers will provide relevant opinions at the same time.’
‘The team is very good at listening, will fully consider the problem from the perspective of the enterprise, and combine their rich experience to put forward risk warnings and tips.’
‘The team is always very patient to explain various legal issues and deal with various situations for the company. In summary, we often recommend such a high-quality team of lawyers to our partners.’
China Energy Investment Corporation
Beijing Electric Vehicle
Sinochem International Corporation
China General Nuclear Power Corporation
Tianjin Lishen Battery Joint-Stock
Tengyun Great Health Management
Wangtai Holding Group
Huanan Cultural Tourism Group
- Advised China Energy Investment Corporation on the establishment of a joint venture in China with EDF Renouvelables, with respect to the offshore wind farms project with a total installed capacity of 500 MW. This joint venture is the very first foreign investment in offshore wind project in China.
- Advised BJEV, a subsidiary of the BAIC Group for electric cars, on the establishment of two joint ventures with Magna, a global automotive supplier and the world’s leading brand-independent vehicle contract manufacturer, with respect to automotive engineering and manufacturing of new energy vehicles. These joint venture operations mark an historic milestone for NEV manufacturing industry in China.
- Advised Tengyun Great Health Management the subsidiary of Centenary Golden Recourses Group, a leading institutional investor emerging from China’s real estate market, with respect to its acquisition of controlling interests in AnXin Nursing, a major player in heath sector engaging in the operation of nursing homes across the country.
Corporate transactions are core to East & Concord Partners' practice. The group has experience in company incorporations, domestic and international M&A, day-to-day operational advice, as well as dissolutions and liquidations. The department is jointly led by M&A experts Meiying Zhang and Bin Xu. Xiaodong Hu is a specialist in foreign investment and also has experience in company shareholding reform projects and asset reorganisations. Founding partner Yi Yao is known for advising Chinese companies on outbound investments.
Wuchan Zhongda Group
Zhejiang Department Store
Xi ‘an Lubaijia Hotel Management
Tianjin Hao Decoration Carpet
- Advised Qingdao Special Opportunities Investment on asset restructuring and the disposal of an NPL portfolio.
- Advised SDIC Chuanghe Fund Management on the RMB40m acquisition of Guilin Zhishen
- Advised Prestolite Electric Beijing on the transfer of RMB326m in equity to a Belgian company.