A firm that thrives on both inbound and outbound investments, Fangda Partners is engaged in private equity and public M&A transactions in addition to take-private deals, distressed and commercial transactions, business restructuring, divestments and joint ventures. Shanghai-based Norman Zhong leads the offering, complimenting his transactional expertise with knowledge of corporate finance, fund formation, FDI and private equity; he operates from the Shanghai office alongside Mengjie Wang, a partner at the more junior end of the spectrum who is particularly knowledgeable of transactions with capital market and IPO elements. Elsewhere in Beijing, Jeffrey Ding is adept in general corporate matters and public offerings while Michael Han specialises in M&A-related competition issues. A key distinguisher for the practice is its market-leading expertise in a number of highly regulated industries, namely financial services, TMT, life sciences and pharmaceuticals.
Corporate and M&A: PRC firms in China
‘Compared with other law firms, Fangda has three key advantages: 1. the team is more able to think and solve complex legal issues from the perspective of the business team. They are committed to truly solving problems for customers, not just controlling risks; 2. the team has a strong spirit of cross-team collaboration. We ask Fangda for support in many fields apart from M&A. They can quickly help us coordinate Fangda’s internal lawyer resources and help us solve problems efficiently; 3. The Fangda team can respond to customer needs 24 hours a day and deliver quickly, without defects. This is very important for us.’
‘The team has very rich experience in the field of mergers and acquisitions, and can coordinate the antitrust, Hong Kong, and BVI lawyer teams to work together to complete the work tasks, and the billing has good flexibility.’
‘The team is good at complex cross-border M&A transactions and capital market-related transactions.’
A buyer consortium led by Shanghai Wanye Enterprises
A consortium consisting of Warburg Pincus, General Atlantic, Ocean Link and Mr. Yao Jinbo (the “Consortium”)
Alibaba (A-RT Retail)
CJ Logistics Corporation
EF Education First
E-House (China) Enterprise Holdings Limited
Ever Harmonic Global Limited
Haier Electronics Group Co., Ltd.
National Integrated Circuit Fund, Puluo Huajin and Goldstone Investment
Redwood China Logistics Fund
Shanghai Baosteel Packaging Co., Ltd.
TCL Technology Group & China Star Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd.
TPV Technology Limited
Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited
- Acted as PRC legal counsel to TPV Technology on the RMB13.1bn acquisition of its 51% share by Nanjing Huadong Electronic Information & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Advised a consortium consisting of Warburg Pincus, General Atlantic, Ocean Link and Mr. Yao Jinbo in the taking private transaction of 58.Com Inc.
- Advised HEG on a scheme of arrangement proposal by Haier Smart Home Co., Ltd. for an approximately HK$93,313m to HK$120,949m privatisation of Haier Electronics by way of a securities exchange offer involving the issuance of H shares of HSH to be newly listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
Han Kun Law Offices caters to a roster of private and state-owned enterprises, publicly listed companies and multinationals, supporting them on high-value cross-border transactions. In Beijing, Chaoying (Charles) Li is a go-to for public and private financings, incorporation and corporate restructuring affairs and is experienced in a broad array of industries, from energy, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals through to IT and telecoms; he is supported locally by junior partners Zaiguang Lu and Aaron Zhou, both of whom are well-versed in private equity, M&A and foreign direct investments. Over in the Shanghai office, David Tang is able to call upon a background at various international law firms, as well as governmental positions, when advising on multi-jurisdictional mergers, day-to-day operational matters and corporate compliance. At the more junior end, Cheng Chen has carved out a prominent reputation within a number of specialist sectors such as e-commerce, gaming, online education, semiconductors and biotechnology.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is able to provide fast and effective response on complex transactions or legal issues while ensuring high quality.’
‘Lawyers are very sensitive to clients’ needs and legal issues of cross-border business, and are able to fully understand clients’ pain points and propose solutions in time.’
Tencent Music Entertainment Group
Enerpac Tool Group
Vipshop Holdings Limited
Volkswagen (China) Investment Company Limited
KPS Capital Partners
American Express Global Business Travel
Shenzhen Mingde Holding Development Co., Ltd.
- Advised Baidu on its US$3.6bn acquisition of JOYY Inc.’s PRC domestic video-based entertainment live streaming business.
- Advised Bitauto Holdings Limited on a US$1.1bn privatisation and acquisition transaction.
- Advised VCIC on an around €1bn investment into JAG and JAC Volkswagen.
JunHe LLP, established in 1989, is a full-service law firm with a vast domestic network, specialising in general corporate, M&A, regulatory compliance, equity and debt investment, exit, buy-out and foreign direct investment mandates, among others. At the Shanghai office, Adam Li leverages his experience of working in New York and the Silicon Valley to advise on US-China transactions, from both an inbound and outbound perspective, while Daniel He has represented several standout Fortune 500 companies on government approval, joint venture and strategic investment projects. Elsewhere, Yue Zhang has notable experience in handling transactions in the telecoms, internet and hi-tech fields, operating from Beijing alongside Audrey Chen whose first-rate reputation within the market is evident by the fact that she was the first female lawyer to serve on the Board of Directors of Lex Mundi and the Jurisdictional Council Member for China of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association. Found among the far-reaching client list are multinationals, state-owned enterprises, private equity funds, venture capitals, unicorns and start-ups from industries are diverse as media, sports, environment, education, energy and manufacturing.
‘JunHe’s team is practical and solution-oriented. They find the most efficient ways to reach the best solution for the client while maintaining high-quality work. As an in-house counsel, they understand that I need to reach alignment with multiple internal stakeholders to reach a decision, and they help me every step of the way.’
‘Besides having superb legal expertise, Daniel He always listens intently to learn the needs of their client and counterparties, then finds ways to bridge gaps to reach a resolution. He is frank about what is and is not achievable, yet creative in finding solutions. They are flexible in fee arrangements, which is important during difficult times, such as during COVID.’
‘The team has been deeply involved in the corporate field for many years, and the team members are focused and stable. On the basis of grasping the core of the profession, the rarest thing is that the team can think forward-looking about the landing of the project, think about the level of risk, and seek solutions in a pragmatic and innovative way. The team is able to coordinate the resources in the firm very effectively, and lead the professionals of other teams in the project, in order to achieve the achievement of providing customers with a full range of seamless comprehensive legal services.’
‘Daniel He is good at listening, understanding the business needs of clients. He can effectively combine legal risks with business goals. He is pragmatic, and is a trusted external legal counsel for us.’
‘A very commercial firm that provides the appropriate risk analysis. Good local knowledge and understanding of how things work in practice, on the ground. ’
‘Roy Sun is very knowledgeable and commercial. He responds quickly and is always available to talk through matters. He provides timely and practical advice and is able to recommend colleagues or third parties for matters that are out of his practice area. ’
‘This is a strong team with a clear work division in which they have different resource allocations for different difficulty levels. Cross-regional teams and professional members respond to the legal service needs of clients in different business regions, and the communications between them are always smooth.’
‘Roy (Jiangang) Sun is professional, efficient and pragmatic, with an excellent combination of law and business expertise.’
‘The team has been deeply involved in the corporate field for many years, and its members are dedicated and stable. The team is most capable of forward-looking thinking about the implementation of projects, considering risk levels and seeking solutions in a pragmatic and innovative way.’
- Advised on the Major Assets Restructuring of Chongqing Brewery Co.,Ltd.
- Advised DuPont N&B on the consolidation with IFF.
- Advised Fiat Chrysler Automobiles on its merger with Peugeot Société Anonyme.
King & Wood Mallesons
An international firm headquartered in Asia, King & Wood Mallesons is naturally a go-to for foreign investments into China, Hong Kong and the wider region; the team has had a busy year supporting on cross-border M&A, the Belt and Road Initiatives, PPP, new energy and domestic company reform matters and is co-headed by Ping Xu, a veteran in the structuring, negotiation and implementation of countless M&A transactions, both inbound and outbound. The team also includes project finance and foreign direct investment specialist, Harry Du, who is principally focused on real estate and infrastructure projects, as well as Kaiding Wang whose track record includes private equity transactions, joint ventures and divestitures in addition to corporate governance and general advice. The trio are based in Beijing alongside Jennifer Yao whose workload includes share and asset acquisitions, strategic investments and the establishment of plants, R&D centres and regional headquarters. Meanwhile, at the Shanghai office, Lixin Wang fronts the East China corporate practice and is a key point of contact for inward-facing multinationals. Ling Huang, an international partner, is also active within the PRC market, splitting her time between the New York, Beijing and Shenzhen offices.
‘We use Xu Ping and her M&A team for all M&A related work in China and they are terrific. They give expert advice but with a commercial focus and provide practical options and solutions to problems. Their English is excellent which is vital for a global multinationals and so their written and verbal communications are always comprehensive but clear and concise. They are very responsive and proactive. Xu Ping leverages her team very effectively and they are also high quality lawyers who reflect these same qualities. We also use the KWM regulatory team for some of our M&A related regulatory work and they also reflect these qualities.’
‘Xu Ping is a standout. She is not just one of the best M&A partners in China but also globally when I compare her to many others I have dealt with in multiple jurisdictions. She is incredibly hard-working and responsive but what sets her apart is her combination of expert knowledge, practical approach, and ability to strategise and generate clever solutions to wicked problems, all of which is communicated clearly and concisely in her excellent English. She is also a pleasure to deal with. She is highly in-demand but still manages to be very responsive.’
‘The team displays solid industry expertise, multi-faceted insights on issues in mergers and acquisitions, and can actively design solutions for clients. They can always provide unique and innovative design in the transaction structure. They can cooperate with other professional teams in the law firm to give a full range of professional advice seamlessly.’
‘The team is very familiar with the industry background and client’s needs, and really stands out as it is familiar with industry regulations; has a diversified professional knowledge system; and has a good understanding of domestic and foreign capital markets; can provide a very timely and professional transaction structure, prompt potential risks and give corresponding solutions; have an overall view of the project, forward-looking judgment; very accurate grasp of the overall coordination direction of the project team; efficient communication skills including internal and external communication with clients’.
‘The M&A team has rich experience, strong strength and reasonable fee.’
‘Ping Xu and Jingchuan Zhao (Hang Zhou) have rich experience and are considerate to clients. They not only can provide professional legal support, but also provide very useful suggestions in terms of transaction strategy structure and process arrangement.’
‘The company’s M&A business team has strong professional ability, rich project experience and smooth internal cooperation.’
‘With professional knowledge in the industry and diversified team members, they are able to provide multi-faceted views on problems in M&A projects and take the initiative to design solutions for clients.’
Tsingtao Brewery Group
FAWER Automotive Parts Limited Company
Fujian Provincial Communication Transportation Group Co., Ltd.
JIC Technology Investment Co., Ltd.
LyondellBasell Polyolefin (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and its affiliates
- Advised Gotion High-Tech Co., Ltd. and Volkswagen (China) Investment Co., Ltd. on a package deal with respect to strategic cooperation.
- Advised Basell International Holdings B.V., as an affiliate of LyondellBasell Industries, on its successful acquisition of 50% equity interests of Liaoning Bora Petrochemical Co., Ltd. from Liaoning Bora Enterprise Group Co., Ltd.
- Advised LG Chem, Ltd. entering into a transaction document with Ningbo Shanshan Co., Ltd (“SHSH”) to sell LGC’s LCD polarizer business in consideration of US$1.1bn.
Zhong Lun Law Firm, a practice with ‘the special magic to make transactions efficient, accessible and easier’, is home to a leading track record in M&A deals, corporate transactions and restructurings in addition to business development and expansion affairs. In Shanghai, Anthony Zhao serves as chairman of the firm’s management committee and compliments his M&A prowess with knowledge of capital markets, private equity, and venture capital markets; he is supported by Scott Guan who fronts the overall corporate and M&A department and is adept in general corporate matters and cross-border disputes in addition to transactions. David Wang and April Yan ‘understand the needs of US clients better than most’ meanwhile at the Chengdu office, Yunfan He garners acclaim for his ‘wealth of experience in M&A’. Audry Li and Zhe Yu jointly co-lead the firm’s recently established cross-border investment and M&A practice group.
‘We have worked with several Chinese lawyers and law firms over the years and found David Wang and April Yan to be the go-to resources to get difficult things done. They are always available and responsive and understand the needs of their US clients more than most. They have good relationships with market regulators and deliver solid advice from the regulators’ perspective. David and his team are also able to handle negotiations on clients’ behalf where language or cultural barriers prevent his clients from being effective. ’
‘David Wang and April Yan stand out for their high quality and results-oriented service with a human touch. ’
‘Flexible legal fees arrangement.’
‘Legal expertise and industry knowledge on foreign investment and telecommunication services.’
’‘Practicing in corporate and M&A requires comprehensive knowledge and rich experience, which I can both see from Zhong Lun Team. The team consist of professional practitioners, and most of them work deeply in this area for many years. You can trust them for anything, they are professional, responsible and sympathetic. They have a special magic to make transactions efficient, accessible and easier, and working with them was such a joy that I will never forget.
‘Of course, the billing is fair and transparent. The team has a reasonable standard to price your needs. And compare with other law firms at the same level, they can help you more than you pay.’
‘They are the best, and I recommend them to every business partner after working with them.’
‘The lawyer who impressed me most is Yunfan He, the partner of Zhonglun’s Chengdu Office. He has a wealth of experience in M&A and was in charge of many projects with us. He is a wise man with a warm heart, always standing in others’ shoes and helping us achieve our goals with his professional skills and commercial sense. Besides, his team work together efficiently under his direction, each lawyer in his team is responsible and professional. They have strong legal educational background and rich experience in this practice. They are high-quality talents that I will hire for my own company.’
Qingdao urban construction investment (Group) Co., Ltd
China Merchants Industrial Park (Qingdao) venture Co., Ltd
Qingdao Haier production and Urban Innovation Group Co., Ltd
Qingdao Special Steel Co.,Ltd
New Hope Group Co., Ltd. and its main affiliates
Dongfang Electric Corporation and its main affiliates
China Cinda Asset Management Co., Ltd. Sichuan Branch and Chongqing Branch
CapitaMalls Asia (Chengdu) Co., Ltd. and five affiliates of CapitaLand Group
Sichuan Tourism Development Group Co., Ltd.
Sichuan Jinding Industry Financial Holding Co., Ltd.
Huaxi Securities Co., Ltd.
Sichuan Tianqi Lithium Co., Ltd.
New hope dairy Co., Ltd.
Chengdu Raffles Industry Co., Ltd
Sichuan Development Finance Leasing Co., Ltd
Chengdu Boaoteke Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Sichuan Haotel Communication Co., Ltd
Xingyuan Environment Technology Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou Huixin Internet Microfinance Co. Ltd
Haisco Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd
Symantec Software Development Chengdu Co., Ltd.
Chengdu Gaoxin Innovation Investment Co., Ltd.
Sichuan Development Emerging Industrial Park Investment Construction Management Co., Ltd.
Citic Securities Company Limited
Shanghai Yiyao Biotechnology (Group) Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou Development Zone Strategic Industry Investment Fund Partnership (Limited Partnership)
Guangzhou Chuangjing Mdical Treatment Technology Co., ltd
Huangpu Investment Holding (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd.
Science City (Guangzhou) Investment Group Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou Zhongxing Renhui International Medical Management Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou Knowledge City Investment Holdings Co., Ltd. NO
Beijing Jing Ning Guo Da Technology Development Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Cell Therapy Group Co., Ltd. (上海细胞治疗集团有限公司 )
Xinjiang Deyuan Biological Engineering Co., Ltd. (新疆德源生物工程有限公司)
China RAILWAY 17th BUREAU Group Co., Ltd. (中铁十七局集团有限公司)
Wuhan Yanxi Micro-Component Co., Ltd. (武汉衍熙微器件有限公司)
Wuhan Gewei Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. (武汉正维电子技术有限公司)
QuMei Home Furnishings Group Co., Ltd. (曲美家居集团股份有限公司)
Jiangsu Longliqi Bioscience Co., Ltd. (江苏隆力奇生物科技股份有限公司)
Nofanji Investment Consulting (Beijing) Co., Ltd. (诺凡基投资咨询(北京)有限公司)
Shanghai Fenghwa Group Co.,Ltd. (上海丰华（集团）股份有限公司)
Shaoxing Shangyu Taihe Equity Investment Co., Ltd. (绍兴上虞贻赫股权投资有限公司)
Shenzhen Zhaoguang Investment Co., Ltd. (深圳市招广投资有限公司)
Guangxi Dossen Hotel Management Co., Ltd. (广西东呈酒店管理有限公司)
Barrick Gold Corporation
I Squared Capital
Trafigura Pte Ltd.
Beijing Konruns Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou City Construction Investment Ltd.
Synertec Corporation Limited
Bissell Homecare Inc.
Endeavour Consumer Health Limited
State Grid Overseas Investment Co. Ltd.
Liaoning Bora Group
Callaway Golf Company
PTM Engineering Plastics
Ascendent Capital Partners
L Catterton Asia
Zai Lab Limited
Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Electric Power Co., Ltd.
Subsidiaries under the China National Nuclear Group
Citic Securities Company Limited
Shanghai Yiyao Biotechnology (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Advised NetEase on its offering and secondary listing in Hong Kong.
- Advised the joint bookrunners on Lufax Holding’s the IPO and listing on NYSE.
- As the legal advisory team of the strategic investor, National Energy Investment Group, the team participated in the bankruptcy restructuring project, and successfully assisted National Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd in becoming the new shareholder and investor of the project.
AllBright Law Offices compliments its vast domestic network with international offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, London and Seattle. The cross-border M&A sphere is a particularly fruitful field of activity for the department, on both the inbound and outbound fronts, and the group is also extensively experienced in supporting domestic businesses, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises. Team head Fangzhou Bao is based at the Shanghai headquarter and is well-versed in a number of transaction types, from strategic M&A, financial investments and private financing through to the acquisition of listed companies and mixed ownership restructurings involving state-owned enterprises.
‘Fangzhou Bao is a star name in the market. His team is among the best cooperative lawyers in terms of the quality of case documents, the accuracy of legal opinions, service attitude and the ability to solve problems. The feature of this team is that they are a rare professional team integrating law and business in the capital markets.’
Wuxi Construction and Development Investment Co., Ltd.
Chongqing Aluminium Industry Development Investment Group Co., Ltd.
Glarun Technology Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Jinling Environment Co., Ltd.
Blue Sail Medical Co., Ltd.
Tianneng Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
Shandong Sunway Engineering Co., Ltd.
State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Anhui Provincial People’s Government; JAC Group Holdings Co., Ltd.
China Resources Pharmaceutical Holdings Co., Ltd.
Xinjiang Beixin Road & Bridge Group Co., Ltd.
- Advised Wuxi Construction and Development Investment Co., Ltd. in participating in the SPO of Kangxin New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Entrusted by Chongqing Aluminum Industry Development and Investment Group Co., Ltd. to conduct due diligence on 19 aluminum processing enterprises (involving 12 provinces and cities) including Southwest Aluminum, Northwest Aluminum, and Northeast Light Alloy.
- Acted for Tianneng Heavy Industries on its acquisition by Zhuhai Port Group.
Global Law Office fields a team with considerable proficiency in cross-border, private and public M&A transactions. The practice represents PRC state-owned enterprises in addition to public companies from China, the US, UK and Hong Kong, among other jurisdictions; it advises on foreign investment, industrial compliance, the regulation of state-owned assets, merger control filings and national security reviews. Jinrong Liu has overseen 100 equity and debt offerings throughout his illustrious career and co-leads the department from Beijing together with Alex Liu, an expert in cross-border takeover and reorganisation matters, and Shifang Guo, the key point of contact for outbound M&A.
Other key lawyers:
China Merchants Expressway Network & Technology Holdings Co., Ltd., China Merchants Union (BVI) Limited, Zhejiang Expressway Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Expressway Company Limited, Sichuan Expressway Company Limited, Anhui Expressway Company Limited
Luxsan Precision Technology (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd.
Jiaxin International Resources Investment Ltd.
Minsheng Education Group Company Limited
Luxvisions Innovation Technology Limited
Luxshare Precision Industry Company Limited
Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
Henan Yuneng Holdings Co., Ltd.
Minsheng Education Group Company Limited
- Acted for Luxsan Precision Technology (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd., an affiliated entity of the A-share listed company Luxshare Precision, as it acquired 100% shares of Wistron’s PRC subsidiaries Wistron Investment (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. and Wistron Infocomm Manufacturing (Kunshan) Co., Ltd., which engaged in the assembly of iPhone and other Apple products.
- Acted for Luxvisions Innovation Technology Limited as it acquired 374,159,400 shares of Hong Kong listed company Cowell e Holdings Inc., representing approximately 44.87% of the issued shares, for a total cash consideration of HK$2,196,315,678 (being HK$5.87 per share), and triggered the possible mandatory conditional cash offers.
- Acted for ESR to form an offshore joint venture with GIC to further acquire certain warehousing and logistics projects within the PRC.
Haiwen & Partners complements its capacity for high-end M&A with extensive privatisation, IP, antitrust declaration, fund structuring, labour, listing and tax analysis expertise. Beijing-based Jiping Zhang enjoys a commanding presence in the field of private equity investments and oversees the team which is principally active in the TMT, finance, biopharmaceutical, education, retail, automobile, energy, real estate, consumer goods and machinery manufacturing sectors.
Other key lawyers:
Hao Bian; Yu Cao; Wenzhen Dai; Xiajun Fang; Ning Du
‘They have rich practical experience in real estate asset securitization and private equity funds, and serve clients including private equity funds, securities direct investment companies, insurance companies and other financial or investment institutions.The team has outstanding and professional team members with seamless communication.’
Syngenta Group Co., Ltd.
Sinopec Tianranqi Company
Sinopec Kantons Holdings Limited
Hillhouse Capital Management Pte. Ltd.
Tencent Holdings Limited
Huadian Power International Corporation Limited
- Assisted with the consolidation of ChemChina and Sinochemtheir agricultural businesses into Syngenta Group Co., Ltd, which is expected to become the world’s leading agriculture inputs company, spanning crop protection, seeds, fertilizers, additional agricultural and digital technologies, as well as an advanced distribution network in China, reaching farmers nationwide.
- Acted on Tencent’s Acquisition of Sogou.
- Acted for Hillhouse QFII on its acquisition of A shares through a negotiated transfer with a consideration of approximately RMB 15.8bn.
Jingtian & Gongcheng is geared for a broad spectrum of transactions including private equity and strategic investments, domestic and international M&A, company and asset restructuring, as well as M&A financing. Beijing-based practice head Yongqing (William) Huang is vastly experienced when it comes to the technology, TMT, healthcare, insurance, finance, environment and new-economy industries.
‘Very responsive; professional; diligent; high quality documents and legal analysis.’
HBIS Group Co., Ltd (河钢集团有限公司)
HBIS Resources Co., Ltd （河钢资源股份有限公司）
HBIS Group Beijing International Trading Co., Ltd （河钢集团北京国际贸易有限公司）
JLMAG Rare-Earth Co., Ltd （江西金立永磁科技股份有限公司）
Shanghai Beyond Science Co., Ltd（上海丙晟科技有限公司）
Shandong Jingu Holding Group Co., Ltd（山东金谷控股集团有限公司）
Leoch International Technology Limited （理士国际技术有限公司）
Wuba Company Limited.（五八有限公司）
Sany Construction Technology Co., Ltd.
Anxin Capital Co., Ltd.
Sino IC Fund II
Huawei Hubble Investment
京东方科技集团股份有限公司(BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd.)
奇瑞汽车股份有限公司（Chery Automobile Co., Ltd.）
浙江台华新材料股份有限公司（Zhe Jiang TaiHua New Material Co., Ltd.）
北京电子城投资开发集团股份有限公司(Beijing Electronic Zone Investment and Development Co., Ltd.)
芜湖海螺型材科技股份有限公司(Wuhu Conch Profiles and Science Company Limited)
安徽海螺水泥股份有限公司(Anhui Conch Cement Company Limited)
桐昆集团股份有限公司（Tongkun Group Co.,Ltd.）
北京京运通科技股份有限公司（Beijing Jingyuntong Technology Co. , Ltd.）
TCL科技集团股份有限公司（TCL Technology Group Corporation）
合肥立方制药股份有限公司（Hefei Lifeon Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.）
Lennox International Incorporation
Pietro Fiorentini S.p.a
Wacker Neuson SE
Yunnan Water Investment Co., Ltd.
Thai Union Group
Beijing Yuanxin Technology Group Co., Ltd.
Shanghai International Port Group
China Ventures Capital
Long Valley Capital
China Everbright Limited
Chemclin Diagnostics Corporation
SDIC Venture Capital
Beijing Med-Zenith Medical Scientific C., Ltd.
China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group
Bank of China
C.BANNER INTERNATIONAL Holdings Limited
Jiangxi Jemincare Group Co., Ltd.
China Dental Group
China Merchants Shekou Holdings
China Merchants Properties Development Limited
CCECC Sierra Leone Limited
Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd.
Haidilao International Holding Ltd.
China Harbour Engineering Co., Ltd.
Beijing Construction Engineering Group
China Gezhouba Group Co., Ltd.
Golden Vision Buyout Fund SPC
Shun Tak – China Travel Shipping Investments Ltd
Shanghai Jinjing Investment Management Consulting Co., Ltd
SKS Ventures Limited
China Resources Medical Holdings Company Limited
Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Co., Ltd.
Xinjiang Joinworld Co., Ltd.
China Nonferrous Metal Mining (Group) Co., Ltd.
Hongkong Excellen Mining Investment Co., Ltd.
Excellen Mining Holding (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd.
Deziwa Mining S.A.S
Kambove Mining S.A.S
CNMC Huachin Mabende Mining S.A.
Chambishi Copper Smelter Limited
Lualaba Cooper Smelter S.A.
Jiayou International Logistics Co., Ltd.
Shaanxi Zinc Industry Co., Ltd.
China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Acting for Shanghai Beyond Science Co., Ltd in its restructure of ETCP Group.
- Advised BIS Group in the acquisition 12.5% shares of Beijing Iron Ore Trading Center Corporation from China Beijing Equity Exchange.
- Assisting Sino IC Fund II with the US$2.25bn investment in SMIC Nanfang for SMIC’s 14nm production line – one of the largest investments in recent China’s IC industry and a key step for China semiconductor industry to upgrade its ability on advanced IC production.
Tian Yuan Law Firm’s corporate and M&A department hones its focus on restructurings, mergers, investments and domestic equity purchases in addition to cross-border transactions and Belt and Road projects. The team is frequently engaged by state owned-enterprises and listed companies from the energy, TMT and real estate sectors and is also active in the insurance, education, healthcare and environment fields. In Beijing, practice head Yu Piao demonstrates a tenacity for both inbound and outbound investments in addition to private financing, reorganisations and offshore listings while Aihua Xiao is the go-to for a number of central government-owned companies in respect of their major projects.
China Railway Materials (Group) Commercial Corp.
SINOCHEM GROUP CORPORATION
State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Shijingshan District, Beijing
Inner Mongolia Natural Dairy Co., Ltd. (“Youran”)
Yangtze Andes Holding Co., Limited
Inner Mongolia Junzheng Group Co., Ltd.
China Cinda Asset Management Co., Ltd.
Hygeia Healthcare Holdings Co., Limited
New Journey Hospital Group
Sichuan Shuangma Cement Co., Ltd.
- Advised CRM on its major assets restructuring and listing (RMB 12.129bn major assets restructuring of the two central enterprises).
- Advised Sinochem Group Corporation on its cooperation with ChemChina Corporation in connection with the restructuring of their respective agrochemical segments and established Syngenta Group, the largest agricultural chemical company in the world.
- Advised Yangtze Andes on receiving the investment by Cyan, Magenta Investment and Llamas (BVI) Investment by way of subscription of shares and acquisition of existing shareholder loan.
At DaHui Lawyers, the team not only represents prominent Chinese names such as Alibaba and Tencent, but also leading multinationals including Airbnb and Netflix. The team is equipped to handle both the PRC and international law aspects of international deals and is headed by managing partner Richard Ma, a TMT sector veteran who splits his time between Shanghai and Beijing. Other specialist sectors include energy, healthcare, biotech, manufacturing and education and the practice is also home to Cloud Li who enjoys a track record in M&A, fund formation, investment, dispute and compliance matters.
Alibaba Group Inc.
China Seed International
Cirium (Flight Global)
Hainan Airlines / HNA Group
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
LexisNexis Legal Professional & Risk Solutions
Messe München Group
Mitsui & Co., Ltd
Princeton University Press
Reed Business Information (RBI)
Research Square (AJE)
Shell / Royal Dutch Shell
Siam Cement Group (SCG)
Simon & Schuster
SingEx Exhibitions Pte. Ltd
- Advised Yellow River on the establishment and growth of its platform, JHD Technologies, into one of the largest, most successful merchant enablement platforms in China and then to merge with a SPAC.
- Advised Sequoia in establishing a strategic joint venture (with an innovative structure) to exclusively offer a localised version of GitLab’s global services within the PRC.
- Advised RELX, including Elsevier, LexisNexis Risk Solution, and Reed Exhibitions, on a variety of market entry, regulatory and compliance, and M&A activities.
DeHeng Law Offices caters to a global client roster, bolstered by a team that is proficient in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish in addition to Malay, Japanese and Korean. Its lawyers thrive in a broad variety of deals, from cross-border and public M&A to asset purchases, spin-offs and major reorganisation and are especially knowledgeable of the mining and technology sectors. In Beijing, Zhaoxia Fan jointly fronts the department alongside Wei Chen who is principally focused on outbound M&A.
‘The team under the leadership of Zhaoxia Fan is outstanding and is able to provide high-quality solutions for clients.’
‘Zhaoxia Fan is able to accurately identify legal risks for clients and propose solutions.’
The Committee of Financial Institution Creditors of China Minsheng Investment Group
Shanghai Yuyuan Tourist Mart (Group) Co.,Ltd.
Dalian Energas Gas-System Co., Ltd.
Zhuhai Da Heng Qin Investment Co., Ltd.
Fujian Dongfei Environment Group
North China Pharmaceutical Company.Ltd.
Shenzhen Baode Digital Information Co., Ltd.
Zhuhai Huajin Lingsheng Fund Management Co., Ltd., Ningbo Kunlun Xinyuan Equity Investment Management Partnership (Limited Partnership), Sunshine Insurance Group Inc., Ltd., China Merchants Securities Investment Co., Ltd., Guotou (Shanghai) S&T Achievements Conversion Venture Investment Fund(L.P.) , etc.
Aoyuan Healthy Life Group Company Limited
Shenzhen Sunshine Laser & Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- Advised The Financial Institution Creditors Committee of China Minsheng Investment Group on the restructuring of China Minsheng Investment Group.
- Advised Shanghai Yuyuan Tourist Mart (Group) Co.,Ltd. on its agreement and tender offer to acquire Jinhui liquor Co.,Ltd.
- Advised Zhuhai Da Heng Qin Investment Co., Ltd. on its agreement acquisition of Shenzhen Worldunion Group Incorporation.
Grandall Law Firm specialises in corporate financing and M&A, representing domestic and international players on transactions throughout the globe. Sector expertise is far-reaching and encompasses aviation, TMT, hotels, food, real estate, IT and logistics, among many other industries. Managing partners Xiangming Liu and Jianjun Guan are active in this space.
China Eastern Airlines
State Power Investment Corporation (SPIC)
China Minmetals Corporation
GCL New Energy Holdings Co., Ltd.
CRRC Corporation Limited (CRRC)
Tianjin Pharmaceutical Group
Guohua Investment Holding Co., Ltd
Shanghai Feilo Acoustics Co., Ltd.
- Acted for China National Nuclear Power Co., Ltd. as it absorbed China Nuclear Exchange Energy Co., Ltd. as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Assisted E-Town with the purchase of a 90% stake of ZTE Gaoda.
- Advised China jujube maker Haoxiangni Health Food on its $705m selling of online snack brand Be & Cheery to PepsiCo.
Co-lead by Beijing-trio Stephen Peng, Xiaodong Zheng and Annie Wu, Jincheng Tongda & Neal is geared for both inbound and outbound M&A transactions. The teams foremost fields of expertise are natural resources, new energy, insurance, new materials, insurance, pharmaceuticals, real estate and TMT.
In addition to its local PRC expertise, Llinks Law Offices is well-placed to support on cross-border matters and is home to lawyers proficient in French, Japanese and English, among other languages, many of whom have previously practised abroad. The practice is co-headed from Shanghai by Grant Chen, and Nicholas Lou, a private equity and venture capital specialist who is particularly active in the real estate and construction fields. Also integral to the offering is Selena She, who brings a decade of experience in Silicon Valley to the table, as well as junior partner Colin Shi who is particularly adept in deal structuring and capital re-organisation matters. Clients include state-owned enterprises, domestic and international listed companies, dynamic players in the technology field and several Fortune 500 outfits.
Shanghai Electric (Group) Corporation
Sinochem Zhejiang Chemical Co.,Ltd.
Fulida Group Holding Co., Ltd.
Sinochem International Corporation
Xiamen ITG Group Corp.,Ltd.
Döhler Asia PTE
Xiamen International Trade Group Co., Ltd.
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Ltd
S.F. Holding Co., Ltd.
Yonghui Superstores Co., Ltd.
- Assisting the first listed company to pass the review of the introduction of foreign strategic investment project by the non-public issuance after the new regulations come into effect ——Volkswagen(China)’s strategic investment in Gotion High-tech Co., Ltd.
- Advised Haoxiangni Health Food Co., Ltd. on the disposal of a wholly-owned subsidiary Baicaowei to Pepsi at the consideration of more than US$700m.
- Advised CDH Investment on its acquisition of Shenzhen Qianhai Patuoxun Network Technology Co., Ltd. together with other relevant parties.
Commerce & Finance Law Offices steers its clients through major mergers, acquisitions, asset transactions and reorganisations, paying close attention to transaction structuring, due diligence, negotiations and regulatory considerations. The practice is headed from Beijing by Xiaoman Zhang and also specialises in integration and mixed-ownership reform in addition to the formation of state-owned capital management and operation companies.
Weichai Holding Group Co. Ltd
Weichai Power Co., Ltd.
Tsinghua Holdings Co., Ltd.
CK Asset Holdings Limited
- Advised Weichai Holding Group Co. Ltd on acquisition of Lovol Heavy Industry.
- Advised Weichai Power Co., Ltd. on acquisition of Weifang Shengrui transmission Co., Ltd.
- Advised Tsinghua Holdings Co., Ltd. on the reform of The Affiliated Anterprises of Tsinghua University.
Dentons China forms part of the firm’s sizeable strong M&A practice, engaged from multijurisdictional transactions across APAC, the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the US. The team is co-led from Beijing by Zhang Hong and Guang Han and is proficient in acquisition finance, M&A, joint ventures, competition and antitrust matters, merger control reviews and takeovers.
Shandong Bohui Group Co., Ltd.
Dinghui Investment Management (Tianjin) Company Limited
Global Logistic Properties Investment (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK CORPORATION 中国建设银行
MENGSHANG BANK Co.,LTD蒙商银行
BANK OF CANGZHOU沧州银行
KPMG Consulting (China) Co., Ltd 毕马威企业咨询（中国）有限公司
- Assisted Bohui Group with completing the transfer of all equity to Sinar Mas Group, which involved many matters such as the acquisition and reverse takeover and tender offer of a listed company.
- Assisted Arçelik A.Ş., the Europe’s fourth-biggest white goods company in total sales with carve-out of its business in China which involves sale of Beko Electrical Appliances Co., Ltd. to Konka Group, a leading consumer electronic enterprise in China, by an asset deal.
- Assisting Global Logistic Properties with financing and M&A projects such as equity acquisition and asset acquisition, IDC investment projects and the assignment projects of land use right through land bidding, auction and listing.
The corporate and M&A department at East & Concord Partners is co-led by Bin Xu, an expert in inbound and outbound investments who is particularly active in the energy, natural resources, projects and infrastructure fields. Qixiao Cai fronts the offering alongside Xu, honing his focus on investment and company and securities laws matters while also working on restructuring, enterprise reformation, M&A and listing mandates. Other specialist sectors include automobiles, heavy machinery, food, drinks, clothing and finance in addition to media, publishing and entertainment.
China Nonferrous Metal Mining (Group) Co., Ltd.
SPD Silicon Valley Bank Co., Ltd.
Beijing Coking Chemical Plant
DMG Entertainment Media Co., Ltd.
Mr. Chen Yihong
Zhongnong Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Provided legal due diligence services for China Nonferrous Metal Mining (Group) Co., Ltd.’s acquisition of Tibet Julong copper project.
- Acted on the Shanghai Zendai restructuring project involving a series of transactions in which the debtor Shanghai Zendai Property Limited and its affiliated parties carry out the overall restructuring of seven debts with the remaining principal balance of more than US$400m owed to its creditors.
- Entrusted by Minerva Foods to set up its entities for its business operation in China.
Leveraging its joint operation office with Baker McKenzie FenXun, FenXun Partners supports private and publicly listed companies on both their domestic and overseas activities. Cherrie Shi is a direct and outbound investment, M&A, joint venture and global restructuring project specialist; she co-heads the practice from Shanghai along with Zhenyu Ruan whose core strengths include regulatory matters, particularly those in the TMT space, as well as business alliances and technology transactions. At the more junior end, counsel Leo Zhang has led on a couple of standout transactions of late and is especially well-regarded for outbound investments.
Other key lawyers:
INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH
Jin Jiang International
Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd.
Shenzhen S.F. Investment Co., Ltd.
Sika Hongkong Limited
Guangxi Digital Group
- Collaborated closely with joint operation office of Baker McKenzie in advising HengTen Networks Group Limited on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital in Virtual Cinema Entertainment Limited.
- Advised Jin Jiang International and SINO-CEE Fund on their acquisition of the Radisson Hotel Group from HNA.
- Assisted Jin Jiang International in launching and advising a squeeze-out procedure to squeeze out the remaining individual minority shareholders of Radisson Hospitality.
Proficient in a wide array of affairs, examples from Guantao Law Firm’s workload include corporate governance, company formation, public and private M&A, franchise operations and reorganisation matters. Bo Su jointly heads the practice from Beijing together with managing partner Dongying Sun.
Other key lawyers:
PetroChina Company Limited
Anbang Insurance Group Co., Ltd
Zhejiang Communication Investment Group CO., LTD
China Railway Construction Investment Group Co.Ltd. (subsidiary of listed company China Railway Construction Corporation Limited
Hebei Jinxi Iron and Steel Group Company Limited
SDIC Power Holdings Co., Ltd.
COSCO SHIPPING Ports Limited
Shanghai Lansheng Corporation
Binhai Investment Company Limited
Tianjin TEDA Investment Holding Co., Ltd.
CapitalBio Technology Co., Ltd
GREATWALL LIFE INSURANCE CO.,LTD
- Adivised CK Asset Holdings Limited on HK$19.38bn acquisition from LKSF the shares of (a) Eagle Frame Limited；(b) Mondrem Corporation；(c) Moonstone Global Investment Limited; and (d) Gerbera Investments Limited in consideration for the issue of consideration shares under a specific mandate.
- Advised PetroChina Company Limited on selling its pipeline business and assets to China Oil&Gas Pipeline Network Corporation.
- Advised Anbang Insurance Group Co., Ltd on the disposal of 55% shares of Chengdu Rural Commercial Bank.
Zhao Sheng Law Firm
Zhao Sheng Law Firm is instructed on a plethora of deal-types including joint venture, disposal, restructurings and public takeovers. The team places a high degree of emphasis on cross-border M&A, leveraging its joint operation office with Linklaters, and enjoys an in-depth knowledge of the TMT, energy, automotive, real estate, financial institution, consumer and healthcare sectors, among others. Eric Liu caters to both state-owned enterprises and foreign investors, supporting them on both the transactional and daily operation fronts; his team also includes Richard Gu who possesses over 20 years’ of experience in handling multijurisdictional transaction, cybersecurity and data privacy compliance mandates.
‘Good understanding of regulations in relation to financial industry in China. Strong network with relevant regulators.’
‘High attendance to details and very responsive.’
‘Richard Gu and Eric Cheng come highly recommended.’
‘They are very good at combining industry characteristics with related legal fields, and provide us practical legal opinions in a targeted manner. Another outstanding advantage is the one-stop service mode of international law and Chinese law provided by them. By linking with Linklaters, they were able to leverage the firm’s global business network which saved us from instructing another firm. This enabled us to greatly improve the efficiency of project management and control the cost.’
‘Richard Gu is one of our trusted Chinese deal experts. Gu has extensive business experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and is familiar with trading rules and potential risks in different regions.’
‘Team members are very efficient, with solid legal knowledge and good business awareness.’
‘The team is unique and is our go-to for any mainland PRC issues, whether it be M&A transactions, derivatives and structured products trade deals, regulatory queries or potentially contentious matters.’
‘Eric Liu is our absolute go-to for mainland PRC legal issues. He is exceptional, reliable and second-to-none in terms of his legal expertise, commitment and quality of service. I have him on speed-dial for any mainland legal issues.’
The Adecco Group
China National Offshore Oil Corporation (中国海洋石油)
Sofina Asia Private Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited
Porsche (Shanghai) Commercial Service
- Advised Schroders on its proposed wealth management joint venture with the wealth management subsidiary of Bank of Communications to be set up in Shanghai.
- Advised Bright Food International Limited on the sale of 100% of all the issued shares of a leading Spanish food & beverage business to Transgourmet through an auction process.
AnJie Law Firm's corporate and M&A team is co-led by Yu Wang who has developed specialist expertise in handling joint ventures between global industrial foreign investors and major domestic state-owned enterprises. Elsewhere, Simon Li is a veteran of countless cross-border acquisition, venture capital and foreign direct investment transactions while Wilson Lu is the key point of contact for restructurings, refinancings and the disposal of state-owned assets.
‘The team has a deep understanding of the automotive industry and has good communication with clients. It is highly involved in projects and can quickly understand clients’ needs. With solid professional knowledge, serious, meticulous and responsible for works, strong team affinity.’
‘The team members are experienced in the industry and have a professional prediction of all kinds of risks that may occur in the cooperated projects.’
China Energy Investment Corporation
Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd.
Century Golden Resources Group
Sinochem International Corporation
Tengyun Great Health Management Co., Ltd.
Sinochem Oil Marketing Co., Ltd.
CETC Energy Co., Ltd.
Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation
CNNC Proton Technology & Development Company, Ltd of China National Nuclear Corporation
Foton International Trade Co., Ltd.
FRIMECO Produktions GMBH
HuiyingMedicalTechnology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Long Valley Capital
- Advised China Energy Investment Corporation on its establishment of a Sino-foreign joint venture with EDF Group, with a total investment of RMB7.94bn.
- Advised Sinochem International on a RMB17.7bn acquisition of controlling interest in Yangnong Group from Syngenta and sale of Yangnong Chemical to Syngenta.
- Advised CICC as underwriter counsel on a RMB98.9bn asset restructuring project by Xinjiang Tianshan Cement co,LTD , the third largest asset restructuring project in the history of A-shares.
Beijing DHH Law Firm
Services provided by Beijing DHH Law Firm include corporate establishment and governance support, shareholder rights protection, restructuring, M&A and corporate equity transfers. Practice head Yuexi Yao has previously worked at leading international firms and is particularly active on the cross-border front; her team also includes lawyers who have practiced or studied in the US, UK, Germany, Korea, Japan, France and Russia, among other countries.
PetroChina Company Limited
China Merchants Bank Co., Ltd.
China First Automobile Co., Ltd.
Shandong Financial Asset Management Co., Ltd.
The People’s Insurance Company (Group) of China Limited
China Vanke Co., Ltd.
Tsingtao Brewery Company Limited
China Everbright Bank Company Limited Co., Ltd
NVC Lighting (China) Company Limited
State Grid Corporation of China
- Advised Shanghai Branch of the Export-Import Bank of China on bank loan financing and cross-border guarantee.
- Advised Shanghai King Chemical Co., Ltd. on Round A RMB financing project.
- Advised Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited & Bank of China (Malaysia) Limited on legal supervision of personal credit investigation and loan on cross-border real estate investment in mainland China, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
Providing M&A and restructuring advice to both domestic and international entities, HHP Attorneys-At-Law is a prominent player in several highly regulated industries such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare, food, mining and advertisement. The firm is a member of Meritas, an international alliance of global law firms, and is headed by Yao Rao, a lawyer who boasts a track record in supporting multinationals on the establishment and running of their operations in China.
‘The team is well organised and able to allocate suitable staff for us based on the lawyers’ qualifications and expertise. The lawyers are responsive and proactive, with a strong business mind and a deep understanding of business realities. Meritas, a consortium of law firms in which HHP is affiliated, has many members around the world, which is able to meet our needs for overseas laws.’
‘Yao Rao is good at analysing problems and developing strategic plans that effectively solve our problems. He is not only an expert in corporate and M&A, compliance and labor law, but also is able to provide us with excellent legal services in all aspects.’
‘The team is highly knowledgeable, responsive, comprehensive and able to analyse legal issues thoroughly from a business perspective. For different projects, they can flexibly set up appropriate teams, equipped with lawyers with corresponding expertise, and the billing mode is transparent, which can well match our needs.’
‘Yao Rao is also good at communication. He is able to provide an effective and comprehensive assessment on client needs, covering legal, financial, tax and other aspects, so that clients’ transactions can be fully protected and risks can be avoided in a forward-looking manner.’
‘In addition to profound legal knowledge and practical experience, Yao Rao has excellent leadership not only to lead the team to provide efficient and high-quality services, but also to actively influence client teams and promote close and efficient cooperation.’
‘The team is very professional and orderly, and always provide operable solutions from the perspective of clients.’
‘Rao Yao has the solid legal knowledge and extensive practical experience.’
‘Hands-on, responsive and bilingual.’
Great Wall Glory Securities
Orchid Orthopedic Solution
- Advised a leading trust company on an RMB 1bn acquisition of a real estate project in China.
- Advised a confidential client on a US$300m global acquisition of engineering logistics companies.
- Advised a leading PE firm on an RMB 110m acquisition of a pharmaceutical packaging company.
Acting for domestic and international companies alike, Shihui Partners is engaged for share and asset acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, joint ventures and auction sales. In Beijing, practice head George Niu compliments his prowess in cross-border M&A deals with expertise in venture capital and private equity transactions.
ZZ Capital International Limited
JD Industrial Technology Inc.
Minhai Auto Parts Limited
Huaxing Growth Capital
SG Micro Corp
Beijing JD Tuoxian Technology Co., Ltd
Shanghai Junxin Yizhi Network Technology Co., Ltd.
- Assisted JD Logistics in its acquisition of a controlling interest (approximately 55% of the equity interests) in Kuayue Express through a series of complicated structures and arrangements, including purchasing existing shares from Kuayue’s existing shareholders, subscribing for newly issued equity interests in Kuayue Express, and issuance of certain options abroad as part of the consideration.
- Acted for ZZ Capital International Limited on its RMB850m acquisition of all the equities of Dalian Kingwisoft Technology, a listed company on the National Equities Exchange and Quotations (“NEEQ”) of China.
Broad & Bright Law Firm
Broad & Bright Law Firm is home to lawyers with experience at a number of leading international law firms, making it a natural choice for cross-border matters. Hongchuan Liu and Philips Ding co-lead the practice which is equipped to support buyers, vendors, investors and financiers alike, calling upon the firm’s antitrust, tax, IP and employment practice to serve as a one-stop shop. The firm is due to be fully merged with AnJie Law Firm in 2022.
Hongchuan Liu; Philips Ding
Other key lawyers:
Huan Chen; Lei Shi; Olivia Huang
Apollo Trading Corporation
China Salt Industry Group Co., Ltd.
Hui Ye Law Firm is a rapidly expanding outfit that has hired and promoted over 60 partners over the past year and established 6 new offices. The corporate and M&A department is thoroughly experienced in supporting all stages of major transactions including due diligence, deal structuring, restructuring plans and antitrust matters. Shanghai-based Dong Wu heads the practice which possesses a deep knowledge of the energy, pharmaceutical, real estate, high-tech, aviation, manufacturing and hotel sectors.
Jiangsu Provincial Government, State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Jiangsu Provincial Government, Jiangsu Provincial Department of Transport, Eastern Airport Group Co., Ltd.
Sinotrans&CSC Zhejiang Co., Ltd
Shanghai Huandian Technology Co.,Ltd (Bilibili)
Suzhou Funate New Electronic Materials Co., Ltd
Bright Food Co., Ltd
China Eastern Airlines Media
Shanghai Xiehe Education Group
Superlab Suisse AG
Shanghai Yingcui Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Advised Jiangsu SASAC’s on its acquisition of Hainan Airline’s subordinate enterprise Jinpeng aviation project.
- Advised Bilibili on its acquisition of Meishe Technology.
- Advised Shanghai Bright Food Group in the renewal, negotiation and merger of the JV with German Zwilling Company, and advised on the establishment of regional headquarters in Shanghai.
Rui Bai Law Firm
Rui Bai Law Firm is member of the PwC global network of law firms and handles general commercial and corporate matters for numerous standout multinational in addition to M&A, regulatory, joint venture and restructuring work. Barbara Li, who has previously worked at major international firms, leads the practice and is particularly accomplished within the TMT and Fintech sectors.
Other key lawyers:
Tahota Law Firm is co-headed from Chengdu by Shoutai Cheng and Zhengping Xu. The team has handled numerous high-value corporate transactions within the real estate and energy sectors over the past 12 months and is a prominent name with an impressive broad regional offering that covers western China. The firm also has branch offices in other major cities across China and a number of overseas offices.
Other key lawyers:
Three companies of Blu-ray Group, Territory Group and Zhenghuang Group
Jinan Industrial Development and Investment Group Co., Ltd
Chengdu Shimao Real Estate Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries
Chengdu Shimao Xincheng Real Estate Development Co., Ltd
Shanxi Kaicheng Industrial Co., Ltd.
Chongqing Junliang Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
Kunming Yueying Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
Longteng Real Estate Group Co., Ltd.
Sichuan Province Yuanda Juhua Real Estate Development Group Co., Ltd
Chongqing Yulong Asset Management (Group) Co., Ltd
- Supporting Blu-ray Group, Territory Group, Zheng Huang Group on project acquisition matters. Specific examples of work include legal due diligence, transaction structure design, transaction agreement drafting, and negotiation.
- Supporting Jinan Industrial Development and Investment Group Co., Ltd which acquired 11.9% of Moso Power’s shares at a price of 404m Yuan.
- Acted for Longteng Real Estate Group Co., Ltd. in the acquisition of the equity of Jianyang Aviation Investment Co., Ltd.
Yuanda China Law Offices
Under the leadership of James Jiang, Yuanda China Law Offices oversees M&A, equity and asset sale, PIPE, spin-off, joint venture, partnership formation and leveraged buyout transactions, among others. Jiang is especially busy on the cross-border front and is dual-qualified to practice in New York; his notable expertise in regulatory compliance and FDA matters is also a key point of differentiation for the practice.
Other key lawyers:
‘The response of the team is fast, and they will communicate the implementation plan seriously.’
‘Lawyers are available all of the time and are able to adjust the plan according to our needs. The team can also continuously update the regulatory information for our reference.’
Guangzhou OncoImmune Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Shenzhen Qingbo Huineng Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd.
Qinhao Pharmaceutical (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Shyndec Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
China National Biotechnology Group Co., Ltd.
Sinopharm Runda Medical Supply Chain Services (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Advised Guangzhou OncoImmune Biotechnology Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of Suzhou Stanwei Biological Technology Co., Ltd by employing a stock-for-stock merger strategy.
- Advised Qinhao Pharmaceutical (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. on its recently closed financing of an aggregated proceeds of around RMB 210m.
- Acted for China National Biotechnology Group Co., Ltd. on its outbound investment in a target pharmaceutical company in Israel.