Baker McKenzie Chile's mining practice has an established track record in assisting large and medium-sized mining companies with their transactional, regulatory and operational needs; it also fields specialists in greenfield mining projects. The Santiago office benefits from some of Chile's most experienced mining lawyers: first-and-foremost, office managing partner Antonio Ortúzar Jr, who leads the local practice and was named head of the firm's global mining practice in mid-2019; but also, Mirco Hilgers, a 20-year veteran focused sharply on mining and foreign investment. Current mandates include Ortúzar Jr's ongoing advice to KGHM International regarding two large-scale mining operations in Chile. Clients also appreciate the firm's ability to tap into mining-related best practices and knowledge through Baker McKenzie’s regional network, which also makes available large numbers of natural resources experts from across the region – and indeed, globally. Associate-level support is provided by Francisco Nualart and Santiago Vial.
Mining in Chile
Baker McKenzie Chile
‘Great for the personal attention and 24/7 availability of the lawyers involved in each process, including partners.‘
‘Antonio Ortúzar Jr is unique; he has the perfect combination of smooth manners and a mathematical mind.‘
Sociedad Contractual Minera Franke
Minera Altos de Punitaqui
Kinross Minera Chile
Park Mine Equipment Corporation
- Provides regular advice to Sierra Gorda, a mining project company owned by Sumitomo Metal Mining, Sumitomo Corp and KGHM International.
- Advising Mantos Copper on the expansion of its entire mining operation.
- Representing Minera Michilla in several mining-related disputes before the courts.
- Assisted ATEX Resources with two major mining exploration transactions.
The six-strong mining department at Bofill, Mir & Álvarez Jana is well-known in the regional market for leading transactions on behalf of a broad client base, including majors such as Sumitomo, listed, mid-size and junior companies, privately-held companies and local mining players. Despite a slowdown in new mining projects and a reduction in funding from investors, the firm has maintained a healthy portfolio of both new and ongoing work – such as its advice to Compañía Minera Cielo Azul on the acquisition of Project Marimaca, a large, open-pit copper oxide deposit. Department head Pablo Mir is a prominent figure in the sector who has profound mining expertise; a strong second line of senior associates comprises Felipe Allende, Joaquín Perez and the recently promoted Teresita González. However, former co-departmental head, Rony Zimerman left for Lembeye Abogados in April 2020.
‘A very responsive and practical team.‘
‘A very well-connected, responsive and pragmatic group that is thoughtful, forward looking and proactive.‘
‘Pablo Mir is appreciated for his responsiveness and knowledge.’
Compañía Minera Cielo Azul
Sociedad Contractual Minera Berta
DMC Mining Services
Compañía Contractual Minera Candelaria
Compañía Contractual Minera Ojos del Salado
Sumitomo Metal Mining
- Acted for Coro Mining on a financing operation involving a non-brokered private placement.
- Assisted Sociedad Contractual Minera Berta with the sale of its Berta Project to Santiago Metals Proyecto 4.
- Advised SCM Franke on a private bidding procedure for the engineering, procurement and construction of a mining project-related water pipeline.
- Advised the Chilean subsidiary of DMC Mining Services (part of Poland-based copper and silver producer KGHM Group), on its incorporation in Chile.
'The leading firm in the Chilean market', Carey's 11-strong department consistently participates in many of the country's most important mining projects, either in relation to developments, financings or M&A transactions. Its practice includes advising local and foreign junior, medium and senior mining companies regarding metallic and/or non-metallic minerals, and their exploration, exploitation and processing. Recent highlights include advising Teck Resources on a $2.5bn loan agreement for the financing of copper project, Quebrada Blanca Phase 2. Director of the mining practice Francisco Corona is a counsel with over 14 years' experience in the mining sector; he and the co-heads of the firm’s natural resources and environmental group, all-round mining specialist Rafael Vergara (a former trustee-at-large of Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation), and highly experienced partner Alberto Cardemil, are the key practice contacts.
‘Carey is the leading firm in the Chilean market.‘
‘Very knowledgeable about the law.‘
‘The experience, knowledge, intelligence and negotiating capacity of Rafael Vergara are highly appreciated.‘
‘The Carey team is strong in experience and knowledge, and its highly professional leaders are very capable. Its strong point, in my opinion, is the lawyers’ professional experience.‘
‘The lawyers guide their clients at all times in the best way.‘
Minera Valle Central
Sichuan Tianqi Lithium Industries
- Advised Teck Resources (and its Chilean subsidiary) on a joint venture with Sumitomo for the acquisition of 30% of Compañía Minera Quebrada Blanca, a copper project in the the construction and development stage.
- Advised Osisko Bermuda on a definitive agreement with Mantos Coppe to modify their existing silver purchase agreement.
- Advised Nueva Unión, a subsidiary of Teck and Goldcorp, on the implementation of a high-value copper project.
- Advised Codelco on an agreement with Anglo American to co-ordinate the exploitation of the Los Bronces and Andina mines.
Traditional mining market mainstay Cariola Díez Pérez-Cotapos fields a 12-strong team that assists an array of international and local clients on the exploration, development, financing and operation of mining projects, worksite closures and associated matters. It also advises on headline acquisitions and the sales of mining companies and assets (copper, gold, silver, nitrates, iron ore, coal and salt, among others). Carlos Pérez-Cotapos consistently leads work teams on significant foreign mining investment projects, mining companies' M&A deals and the financing of mining projects; he recently acted for Bergbau Wagen on the leasing of 64 exploitation mining concessions to Sierra Atacama. Specialising in mining, M&A, project development and community affairs, experienced partner Gonzalo Grez is an integral part of the practice. Senior associate Cristóbal Herrera, who handles a broad array of mining and natural resource-law matters, is an additional point of contact.
Minera Ricardo Resources
Planta Recuperadora de Metales
Appian Natural Resources Fund
- Advised Minera Ricardo Resources on an exploration and option to form a company agreement related to certain mining concessions.
- Advised Trimetals Mining Chile on its sale to Wealth Copper of the company’s interest in the mineral exploitation and exploration concessions (and related assets), comprising the Escalones copper-gold porphyry project.
- Advised Rio Tinto Mining and Exploration on an exploration and option to incorporate a company agreement with Aethon Minerals Corp, and concerning certain mining concessions.
- Assisted Solaris Copper with an exploration and option to form a company agreement, which concerned mining concessions.
'Really impressing' clients, Guerrero Olivos' 11-strong team is regularly involved in the development and operation of significant mining projects in Chile. Key areas of work include high-value mining project acquisitions, financing, joint ventures and M&A transactions, alongside advising on environmental issues, and regulatory and permitting matters. Practice head Pedro Lyon focuses on mining-related project development and finance (and associated structuring), mining agreements, regulatory matters and environmental permits; while Marco Zavala advises local and international mining companies on both transactional activity and mining regulatory issues, and is active in both (mining) project finance and development work. An integral member of the team, Benjamín Pérez was made partner in January 2020; he focuses on regulatory, environmental and exploration matters.
‘It is unique for its platform, with the capacity to cover all disciplines with in-depth knowledge of each one of them. The team is also highly professional and reliable.‘
‘It compares well for its capacity, integrated platform, and reliability.‘
‘The lawyers stand out for their depth of knowledge and availability.‘
‘They have really impressed us with their level of service, particularly in terms of prompt advice, availability to deal with urgent issues, and being willing to go above and beyond to meet clients’ expectations.‘
‘Each individual we dealt with was professional, courteous, responsive, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.‘
Antofagasta Minerals and affiliates
Anglo American Marketing
Golden Arrow Resources
Atacama Copper Exploration
- Advises Soquimich, the largest private company devoted to the exploitation, processing and commercialisation of saltpetre, iodine, potassium and lithium in Chile, on a daily basis.
- Advised joint venture SIMCO (Asian investor Simbalik Group and COMINOR, a local mining conglomerate) on the development of a $500m lithium project in Chile.
- Advised Anglo American Marketing, an affiliate of Anglo American (the world’s largest producer of platinum), on a $45m international financing for mining project Minera Tres Valles.
At full-service law firm Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría, the nine-strong mining practice is flanked by environmental and water law sub-teams, as well as being able to call on the impressive expertise of the broader natural resources group as required on high-profile mining projects. Its experience covers the full range of relevant matters from regulator and contractual, to finance and dispute resolution aspects. With over 20 years' experience in natural resources and corporate law, Juan Paulo Bambach heads the mining and natural resources group; his recent mandates include leading advice to Sumitomo Metal Mining on the acquisition of an indirect equity interest in the Quebrada Blanca copper project from Teck Resources. The department also fields highly-experienced senior counsel Juan Irarrázabal, principal associate María Paz Pulgar – 'a reference point for mining matters' – who coordinates the natural resources department, and transactional specialist, senior associate Cristina Olavarría.
‘The speed of the responses is great and the priority they give us is fantastic.‘
‘The PPU team is an excellent team that is recognised in the market for its technical knowledge and quality.‘
‘Senior associate María Paz Pulgar stands out for her technical knowledge of regulatory issues (something that is difficult to find in large law firms) and for her rigour and focus on detail. Without a doubt, she has a great future.’
‘María Paz Pulgar is an excellent professional who is very diligent and proactive.‘
‘María Paz is a reference point for mining mandates.‘
Sumitomo Metal Mining
Minería Activa: Fondo de Inversión Privado Lantánidos
Minera Salar Blanco
Minera Gold Fields Salares Norte
Minería Activa: Minería Indiana
Latin Minerals Chile
- Advised Latin Minerals Chile and Endurance Investments on the acquisition of the assets of Minera Linderos, an insolvent mining operation company.
- Advised Sumitomo Metal Mining on the execution of an option-to-purchase agreement with Sociedad Legal Minera La Culebra, concerning acquisition of the Colliguay mining project.
- Advised Minera Gold Fields Salares Norte on a gold and silver project.
- Advised Minera Salar Blanco on the development of a lithium project.
Elite firm Claro & Cia.'s broad service offering includes an eight-strong mining practice that is well-known for its assistance with mining-related financing, project development, M&A procedures, and contentious matters in the industry. It also advises on mining regulatory matters, including the environmental law aspects of mining projects. The broad practice of the firm's natural-resources group head, Nicolás Eyzaguirre, covers advice to local and foreign companies developing projects in the mining, energy, water, forestry and oil sectors; key associate-level support comes from Joaquín Rodríguez, an experienced senior in the natural resources group, whose practice is primarily transaction-driven.
Anglo American Sur
Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile
Minera Freeport-McMoRan South America
Sociedad Contractual Minera El Abra
North American Salt Company
Cristalerías de Chile
- Assisted Anglo American with the legal memorandums concerning Chilean permits for the implementation of new technologies in its mining operations in Chile.
- Assisted Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile with an option agreement entered into with Arena Minerals.
- Advised Anglo American Sur on the structuring, negotiation and drafting of a reciprocal easement agreement.
CMS Carey & Allende's five-strong practice advises mining companies on a range of matters, such as acquisitions, electricity supply contracts, permitting and the operation or maintenance of mining projects. It is also experienced in obtaining mining easements and frequently acts for banks on investments in mineral exploitation projects in Chile. The firm also fields specialists in relevant related areas, such as environmental regulation, water rights and public law. Advising on numerous large-scale mining projects in Chile since 1990, Jorge Allende Z leads the mining group, with notable support provided by experienced senior associate Aldo Poblete and associate Manuel Ponce.
Compañía Minera Sierra Norte
María Elena Solar
- Advised Hidroelectrica Lumen, which is developing a run-of-the-river power plant, on the renewal of mining concessions to protect the project’s subsoil.
- Advised Inversiones Alxar on several agreements for the development of lithium exploration projects.
- Advises Compañía Minera Sierra Norte, on an ongoing basis, regarding its projects in the Arica and Atacama regions, including assisting with establishing legal mining easements.
Larrain y Asociados Abogados' specialised nine-member energy and natural resources team advises mining companies and projects on the survey, exploration, development, construction and operational stages of their activities. It also assists with the acquisition and sale of mining companies, mining assets and real estate. In addition, the practice is experienced in project finance, option agreements, treatment plant construction, and mining sector technology development agreements. With a longstanding reputation and deep experience in the sector, Jorge Granic is a regular counsel to large mining companies; and Cristóbal Morandé, whose practice covers regulated services and natural resources, energy law, project financing and corporate/M&A, is also an active in the sector.
‘The experience with this firm is great.‘
‘The team has extensive experience in project and contract financing in the power generation market in Chile and is able to assist its clients in different phases and aspects, from legal strategy to commercial and tax considerations.‘
‘Jorge Granic has great experience in mining issues.‘
Minera Gold Fields Salares Norte
Sociedad Punta del Cobre
- Advised Glencore Chile, in its role as a creditor in part of a larger $225m mining-sector financing and related due diligence operation.
- Advised Goldfields regarding the development of the $800m Salares Norte gold and silver mine project.
Núñez Muñoz Abogados
Longstanding market presence Núñez Muñoz Abogados is the foremost boutique in the sector where it is particularly known for its expertise in mining agreements and transactions, mining project developments, mining property, financing and legal opinions for judicial proceedings. Although recently less involved in mining-related M&A work, the practice nevertheless acted on several high-profile matters, including advising Minera Santo Domingo on its greenfield Santo Domingo Project, a copper-iron-cobalt and gold deposit development currently still in the pre-construction stage. Dedicated mining specialist Patricia Núñez's practice reaches into foreign investment and finance as well as public works concessions and infrastructure; while that of fellow name partner Rodrigo Muñoz includes expertise in environmental and community matters. However, former senior counsel Andres Verdugo moved to LAWGIC Abogados in January 2020 and associate Gonzalo Villazón to FerradaNehme in July.
‘The firm is a small boutique firm, which means it has specialised areas of expertise in energy and resources, and can respond quickly. It has a good understanding of the requirements for foreign investors, and has a broad and diversified knowledge of various areas of the mining sector.‘
‘It is a high quality company that is equal to the other important legal companies in the country (and with better knowledge than some). In addition, we like the company because it recognises some of our requirements and proportions information proactively, without waiting for questions from us.‘
‘The firm has a very good network in the country.‘
‘Patricia Núñez is completely ethical, which is an important quality for us. No games, just good honest advice.‘
Minera Santo Domingo
World Metals & Alloys
Cornerstone Capital Resources
- Advised Antofagasta Minerals on the acquisition of mining assets from a major Chilean mining company.
With mining rights' issues increasingly critical for the funding and development of energy and infrastructure projects, Prieto Abogados' six-member mining department's expertise derives from the firm's energy, infrastructure and real estate groups, as well as the firm's close relationships with major investment funds. It regularly advises on new mining projects, along with judicial actions before the civil law courts and private arbitrations. M&A head Juan Tagle is active in the firm’s energy and natural resources team, which also fields current managing partner Alberto González E. Strong support is drawn from associates Camila Kutz and Agustín Martorell – who heads-up the environmental team. Since publication the practice has been boosted substantially with the incorporation of a team from the former Baraona & Fischer comprising Federico Rodríguez, who arrives as counsel, and senior associates Andrés Maldini and Jorge Echeverría in March 2021; the group has particular experience in generation projects (solar, thermic and hydro), as well as mining (notably the lithium segment).
Compañía Minera Doña Inés de Collahuasi
Los Andes Copper
Engie Energía Chile
DP World Chile
Compañía Minera Doña Francisca
- Assisted Compañía Minera Doña Inés de Collahuasi with the execution of a construction agreement for a recovered water system project.
- Providing general advisory services to Los Andes Copper, in relation to its corporate structure and tax matters.
- Advised Codelco on the amendment and restatement of a $300m loan agreement entered into with Export Development Canada, for the financing of its day-to-day activities and mining expansion plans.
Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego y Dörr's six-strong team advises on all stages and aspects of mining projects, from mining titles and purchase options, to financing and joint venture agreements. Other key areas include exploration, royalty and easement agreements, water rights, permits and reclamation actions. Clients further appreciate the mining project practice's close collaboration with the firm's environmental, labour, tax and litigation groups. With over 30 years' experience advising on a variety of transactions, Sergio Orrego (mining, natural resources, corporate /M&A and projects) heads the team, which also includes Gonzalo Rencoret (corporate, mining, anti-trust and tax) and associate Verónica Roa, who regularly participates in mining projects.
‘Excellent for its highly trained and excellent teamwork, with specific and general knowledge in several areas.‘
‘Excellent team capacity.‘
Aveng Construcciones Chile
- Advised Comunidad Santo Tomás on the constitution of two mining easements.
- Assisted Royal Gold with the status of its royalty rights, further to the liquidation of mining company El Toqui.
- Advised Yamana Gold on the sale of its interest in Argentina’s Gualcamayo mine to Mineros, which involved the sale of equity rights in local subsidiary Mineros Chile.
Barros & Errázuriz's practice is experienced in advising on multiple mining sector-related contracts, including mining concessions, project financings and acquisitions, due diligence, permits, leasing contracts and judicial defences. The team also provides mining advice in relation to water rights, energy issues, community relations, ports, real estate, environmental matters and regulatory issues. The broad practices of experienced partners Fernando Garrido, Pablo Guerrero, Emilio Vásquez and Francisco de la Barra involve mining sector matters.
Minera Las Cenizas
Compañía Portuaria Mejillones
- Advised MacArthur Investments, a US-based investment firm, on the auction process for the acquisition of assets of Compañía Minera El Toqui, which included its gold mine and mining concession packages.
Carcelén, Desmadryl, Guzmán & Tapia
Carcelén, Desmadryl, Guzmán & Tapia's four-strong group combines its mining law specialisation with vast experience in water, environmental and public law, along with complex dispute resolution. Typical cases includes the project planning, financing, exploration, development and closure of works, as well as advising on mining property and easements, contracts, negotiations with the state and surface land owners, and the environmental impact assessment system. Dual-qualified (Chile/Ecuador) name partner Jerónimo Carcelén is highly-regarded and leads the team, which also includes experienced associate Maria-Jose Sotomayor.
‘Carcelén, Desmadryl, Guzmán & Tapia is a boutique firm that is specialised in professional natural resource services. We recommend them frequently.‘
‘Excellent experience and mastery of this area as well as being punctual.‘
‘Jerónimo Carcelén is a figure in the region in energy matters, and his dual status as a Chilean and Ecuadorian lawyer is very important to clients.‘
‘Jerónimo Carcelén is very knowledgeable in this field, but above all he has an excellent professional attitude of collaboration towards the interests of clients. He also proactively utilises graphic elements and photos, which are made available to the client in a timely manner.‘
Sociedad Concesionario Tunel El Melón
Fundación ALA Gold
- Advised Ecuadorian conglomerate Consorcio Nobis on the acquisition of a minority stake in Canada-listed mining company, Adventus.
DLA Piper Chile's mining expertise comprises mining concessions, contracts, litigation, due diligence and project development. The practice has notable expertise in the lithium industry and, through its integration with DLA Piper, frequently works in cross-border matters in various jurisdictions. Metallic and non-metallic mining venture specialist José Pablo Dulanto leads the group, which also fields associate Claudio Sepúlveda – a mining concession and contract expert.
‘The DLA Chile team has specialised professionals in each area, with excellent legal and administrative management. It is great for availability, friendliness, knowledge, strategy and efficiency. They have approached our affairs with professionalism and efficiency to achieve positive results.‘
‘The DLA team showed very good attention to detail and excellent response times. It has the ability to balance legal and business needs, sector knowledge, accessibility, quick thinking and sound recommendations.‘
‘DLA is very knowledgeable and has a wide variety of specialists, thus allowing the client to draw on many different experts. The team is also fair, flexible and always looking to get to a solution.‘
‘The legal team does a great job of taking into account the needs of the business and gets to solutions quickly.‘
‘Associate Claudio Sepúlveda is very professional in his role. He has demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the mining rights’ process and, without hesitation, has been able to respond quickly and efficiently to all of our questions.‘
SLM NX Uno de Peine
Desarrollos Mineros PKR
Compañía Salitre y Yodo de Chile
- Advised SLM NX Uno de Peine on the development of a potassium and lithium carbonate project.
Grasty Quintana Majlis & Cia.'s four-strong mining group is led by experienced natural resources and energy partner Hugo Prieto, and is principally supported by attorneys José Francisco Osman, José Fernández and Sebastián Acevedo. In addition to the firm's full range of legal services to mining companies, it stands out for its ownership of Tecnomin (also led by Prieto), which provides technical services in relation to the processing, constitution, protection and control of mining concessions, and conducts technical due diligence, title studies, surveys and mapping.
‘Rated for its experience and litigation expertise.‘
‘Hugo Prieto has great experience in commercial contracts, drilling and leasing, among others, and the solutions he offers build trust in his professionalism.‘
Minera Tres Valles
Sumitomo Metal Mining Chile
Bridgestone Mining Solutions Latin-America
Vale Exploraciones Chile
Inversiones SMG Chile
- Undertook a due diligence process of the 4000-plus hectare mining concessions assigned to a project, as well as associated counsel on the drafting and negotiation of a share purchase option agreement entered into with the owners of said concessions.
Honorato | Delaveau has extensive experience in the structuring of greenfield mining projects, as well as assisting with mining-related M&A, purchases and sales, restructurings, investments, and project finance. The four-strong team's projects experience further includes mining concessions, rights of way, regulatory and environmental permits, water rights, and engineering and procurement contracts. Gonzalo Delaveau is active in exploration level-related mining activity. Former of counsel Rodrigo Delaveau left the firm in 2019 to become Deputy Justice of the Chilean Constitutional Court.
‘It is a well-organised team. In addition, it is always available, which sometimes does not happen with other offices.‘
‘The lawyers speak good English and have good relationships with clients. Furthermore, their rates are highly competitive.‘
‘Good knowledge of the mining business and control of the uncertainties associated with this industry.‘
‘Excellent experience in mining and energy issues, as well as knowledge of the finance markets associated with mining projects.‘
Los Andes Copper
Compañía Minera Vizcachitas Holding
Herencia Resources Chile
- Assisted listed Canadian mining company Los Andes Copper with the cross-listing of its shares, including on the Santiago Stock Exchange.
Morales & Besa's experienced partner Eugenio Besa heads a six-strong department providing all-encompassing advice, from mining, environmental and corporate law, to finance, M&A, project development, construction and regulatory issues. Typical work also includes assisting with mining rights and agreements, and the incorporation of mining entities and procurement of permits. Mining transactions-focused Lorena Barrientos became the firm's first-ever practice director in 2019; while Katannya Jablonski, Paloma Infante and James Channing provide notable associate-level support.
‘Great knowledge of the relationship between legal issues and business points. Excellent expertise and knowledge of environmental issues, land use and relations with authorities.‘
‘Associate James Channing is an excellent lawyer, who is very user friendly and has a good handling of those matters that are essential when structuring a transaction.‘
Arena Minerals Chile
Anglo Pacific Group
- Advised Fiore Exploration on an option purchase agreement for the development of the Río Loa mining project.
Ossa Alessandri Abogados
Ossa Alessandri Abogados fields a six-lawyer team led by practice head Francisco Ossa. The group advises on major projects, mining property protection, option agreements, and mining-related litigation (including defending energy projects from third parties with mining rights). Other areas of importance include project finance-related legal opinions and mining title due diligence. Víctor Urqueta, who recently advised on the acquisition of mining concessions, was promoted to senior associate.
Los Andes Copper
Minera Santa Julia.
Compañía Minera Vizcachitas Holding
SCM Comet Exploration Chile
- Acted for Minera Santa Julia in an electric easement dispute against the State of Chile.
Schenke Brancoli Abogados
Boutique law firm Schenke Brancoli Abogados was founded in 2019 by Jorge Schenke and Ricardo Brancoli, formerly partners in legacy firm Jara Del Favero & Ried Fabres (JDFRF)'s litigation and arbitration department. The natural resources, mining and water department is led by Hipólito Zañartu, who also joined as a partner from JDFRF, where he was a consultant and mining and water department head. The practice specialises in mining concessions, easements and contracts, as well as assisting with mining property auditing and conducting due diligence of mining companies or projects.
Pan Pacific Copper Exploration Chile
SCM Minera Lumina Copper Chile
Minera Los Pelambres
Compañía Mantos de la Luna
Compañía de Inversiones Adriático
Compañía Minera de Tocopilla
Ferrocarril de Antofagasta a Bolivia
Empresas de Servicios Sanitarios del Sur
Compañía Minera Gatico
Subsecretaría de Minería del Ministerio de Minería
- Provides ongoing advice to Minera Antucoya on mining issues, including the constitution and modification of mining easements and review of mining contracts.
Valdivieso, Gutierrez & Manríquez Abogados
Founded in 2014, boutique firm Valdivieso, Gutierrez & Manríquez Abogados specialises in mining and litigation. The five-strong team is led by name partner Francisco Valdivieso, who is a mining business expert. He advises clients on mining project-related studies, assessments, acquisitions, developments, financing and sales. His fellow name partners, Juan Francisco Gutiérrez (natural resources and litigation) and Mario Manríquez (litigation and environmental law) also have considerable experience in the sector.
‘They have a very good team of lawyers.‘
‘Clients always receive an immediate response.‘
‘Excellent service with an understanding of our business and its origins in Australia.‘
Minera Los Pelambres
Sociedad Minera Candelaria
Minera West Wall
Minera Chañar Blanco
Consejo Minero and Conferedarión para la Producción y el Comercio
- Advised Compañía Minera Refugio on the transfer of a mining property.