Exclusively dedicated to dispute resolution, Ferro, Castro Neves, Daltro & Gomide Advogados enjoys a strong reputation in the Brazilian market for its strategic litigation practice. Covering civil, corporate and administrative cases, the team has a wealth of experience in domestic and cross-border disputes across a variety of sectors, including construction, financial services and infrastructure. Marcelo Roberto Ferro, who is proficient in high-stakes litigation and arbitration, stands out for his experience in matters related to infrastructure and shareholders' disputes. He coordinates the department alongside José Roberto de Castro Neves, who has a strong track record in court proceedings involving civil and commercial law. Other individuals to note in the litigation team include Karina Goldberg and Gustavo Birenbaum, the latter of whom focuses on corporate disputes and administrative litigation.
Dispute Resolution: Litigation in Brazil
Ferro, Castro Neves, Daltro & Gomide Advogados
Marcelo Roberto Ferro; José Roberto de Castro Neves
Construtora Norberto Odebrecht
- Advised Volkswagen do Brasil in a class action filed by ABRADECONT (Association for the Defense of Consumers) before the 1st Commercial Court of Rio de Janeiro concerning the emission of C02 in its diesel vehicles.
- Represents Banco BTG in a number of civil procedures, including arbitration, corporate litigation and credit recovery.
- Represented Rio Bravo in a dispute against Santander in relation to the performance of 28 contracts of properties where the main branches of Santander are located in Brazil.
Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Advogados has a notable track record for advising market-leading clients from a range of industries, most notably energy, technology, financial services and consumer goods, in a range of litigation mandates spanning the corporate, administrative, regulatory and pre-litigation spheres. Key areas of strength for the department include multimillion-dollar disputes involving public law issues and government entities, post-M&A conflicts, sensitive political matters and administrative misconduct claims. The department has recently witnessed significant growth in cases involving insurance, construction, environment and restructuring-related contentious matters. The dispute resolution team also plays a key role in the firm's pro bono initiatives, having represented several clients in immigration, LGBTQ and Covid-19 related litigation. Maria Abreu de Moura Guido, who is proficient in securities litigation and arbitration, and Nicole Moreira de Barros Reis, a key contact for technology companies, were recently welcomed to partnership. Flavio Pereira Lima is a standout name; he handles disputes related to M&A, telecoms, banking and construction. Ricardo Junqueira, who focuses on corporate and infrastructure disputes, and Alex Hatanaka, who specialises in cases involving financial and capital market issues, are also key members of the team, as are civil litigator Fernando Dantas Motta Neustein and Maricí Giannico.
‘Mattos has a very solid team of litigators, who have superb strategic thinking and long-term perspective on managing cases.’
‘Fernando Dantas is an exceptional litigator, who always provides practical, strategic and realistic advice on the management of cases.’
‘ Very good litigation team, with knowledgeable and very well prepared lawyers. Very hard working and committed, offering creative solutions to solve the client’s problems. Also a very good integration with other areas of the firm.’
‘It is recommended for the high technical quality of legal services provided by a multidisciplinary team, specialised in various legal disciplines, that works together to make the solution feasible for the Client.’
‘Partners Flávio Pereira Lima and Thiago Luis Santos Sombra are professionals who stand out for their technical competence, personal service and dedication to the Client’s cases.’
Philip Morris Brasil Indústria e Comércio
Philip Morris Brasil
FCA Fiat Chrysler Automóveis Brasil
Garrett Motion Indústria Automotiva Brasil
Alphaville Jundiaí Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Companhia Energética de São Paulo – CESP
Porta dos Fundos Produtora e Distribuidora Audiovisual
Supervia Concessionária de Transporte Ferroviário
Gol Linha Aéreas
Brazilian Vegetable Oils Industry Association (ABIOVE)
Facebook Serviços Online do Brasil
- Represents Philip Morris in a healthcare cost recovery claim filed by the federal union seeking reimbursement for past and future healthcare expenses with the treatment of 27 diseases.
- Represents Porta dos Fundos – a well-known Brazilian comedy producer – in a public civil action and several individual lawsuits concerning freedom of speech in the context of humour.
- Acts for Supervia, a company that operates the public transportation service in the railway system in Rio de Janeiro, in several cases concerning unilateral requirements imposed by the state that alter the original concession standards.
With 'seasoned lawyers in a wide variety of practice areas', Pinheiro Neto Advogados has an extremely strong reputation in Brazil. The firm's litigation practice is skilled at handling high-profile cases with national and international significance, especially matters arising from corporate, commercial and contractual disputes. Gilberto Giusti is seasoned in domestic and cross-border matters, showcasing comprehensive knowledge of cases involving civil, commercial, corporate, securities and construction disputes. Civil and commercial litigation are the main areas of activity for Luis Cláudio Furtado Faria, who is regularly retained by clients operating in the energy, shipping and financial services sectors. Celso Cintra Mori, whose litigation experience spans more than five decades, and civil litigator Diógenes Gonçalves are other key contacts within the department. Vicente Coelho Araujo, who is based in the Brasília office, stands out for his track record in appellate litigation before the Brazilian higher courts.
‘The team is excellent.’
‘The breadth of the practice is its core strength. Pinheiro Neto has seasoned lawyers in a wide variety of practice areas so no matter the problem, someone at the firm has relevant experience to help you solve it.’
‘The firm offers qualified professionals and, as they work in different segments, they manage to contemplate several aspects.’
‘Professionalism; Quality of service; Understanding the customer’s business.’
‘I would highlight Pedro Paulo Barradas Barata and Carla Cavalheiro for their reliability, clarity and quality of arguments.‘
KPMG Auditores Independentes
Brookfield Infrastructure Group
Mitsui Gás e Energia
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Arcos Dourados Comércio de Alimentos
Casa Bahia Comercial
CTEEP – Companhia de Transmissão de Energia Elétrica Paulista
Vantage Drilling International
Viabahia Concessionária de Rodovias
Alstom Brasil Energia e Transporte
- Representing Canadian-based company Brookfield in two lawsuits involving the sale of NTS, a Petrobras subsidiary that engages in natural gas distribution in the southeast region of Brazil.
- Assisted Microsoft in judicial and administrative proceedings in which the Brazilian National Council of Justice (CNJ) discussed the suspension of the agreement signed by the State Court of Justice of São Paulo (TJSP) and Microsoft on February 2019.
- Provides legal defence to Mitsui Gás e Energia do Brasil (MGEB), a company of the Mitsui Group, in a public civil lawsuit filed by the Federation of Oil Workers (FUP) against Petrobras and MGEB.
Sergio Bermudes Advogados is a go-to destination for Brazilian and international clients engaged in high-stakes litigation. The firm is recognised for its extensive experience before administrative bodies, regulatory authorities and the superior courts, showcasing an impressive track record in Supreme Federal Court cases. The firm fields sub-groups focused on disputes pertaining to corporate and commercial agreements, public law, environmental issues as well as real estate, insurance and energy-related matters. Recently, the department has been particularly busy with cases arising out of the Covid-19 crisis, including Direct Actions of Unconstitutionality (ADI) against the Brazilian Quarantine Law and against state and municipal laws. The department relies on a stellar bench of leading litigators, including Marcio Vieira Souto Costa Ferreira and Fabiano Robalinho Cavalcanti, both of whom possess strong credentials in corporate and commercial litigation. They oversee the team alongside Sergio Bermudes, who is a key figure in the Brazilian dispute resolution market. Rafaela Fucci plays a key role in insurance-related matters, and judicial restructuring and disputes pertaining to the energy sector are among Ricardo Loretti Henrici's specialisms. Marcelo Fontes is a name to note for contractual disputes, while Caetano Berenguer excels in contentious matters involving infrastructure contracts.
Sergio Bermudes; Marcio Vieira Souto Costa Ferreira; Fabiano Robalinho
‘The service provided is of high quality, the strategy is designed to meet the clients’ needs and the result is always very satisfactory. What makes them different from other firms is the availability of the partners and the 360º view of the clients’ needs.’
‘I recommend Fabiano Robalinho as an individual who stands out for providing a service with technical quality and who understands the clients’ sector.’
‘Marcio Vieira Souto Costa stands out for his seniority, availability, creativity, involvement in matters and ability to handle sensitive and complex issues. Good experience in regional and superior courts.’
‘Caetano Berenguer is an exceptional lawyer, not only for his technical knowledge, but also for his quick reasoning and strategic thinking.’
‘Sérgio Bermudes is a lawyer with unique experience and several successes in the litigation area.’
‘Ricardo Loretti is exceptional in assisting clients with strategic and relevant cases.’
‘The technical knowledge of the team is unique. Without a doubt, the best in Brazil in its area of expertise.’
‘Sergio Bermudes Advogados’ team is extremely committed to the work and client. The technical quality of the professionals is a definite standout. I am convinced that it is the best dispute resolution firm in Brazil, both in arbitration and litigation matters.’
Federação Nacional de Saúde Suplementar (FenaSaúde)
Concer – Companhia de Concessão Rodoviária Juiz de Fora-Rio
- Defends Vale in significant matters, including concerning environmental disasters: the tailing dam collapses in Mariana in 2015 and Brumadinho in 2019.
- Represents Braskem in a R$6.7bn lawsuit filed by the Federal Prosecutor’s Office.
- Represents Enel in a dispute against the state of Goiás seeking reparatory measures due to multiple breaches of the privatisation contract of CELG-D.
With a strong network of offices in Brazil, 'renowned law firm' Demarest Advogados has the ability to act for clients from several segments, including energy, pharmaceutical, infrastructure and steel production, in litigation, arbitration and mediation. Corporate disputes, cases involving capital markets, contractual liability and public law issues are key areas of activity for the practice, which is under the joint leadership of Celso Xavier, Marcelo Inglez de Souza and Rafael Gagliardi. Xavier excels in litigation involving securities, competition law and contractual agreements, while Souza combines a strong dispute resolution and intellectual property practice. Regulatory matters, most notably those involving the energy and infrastructure sectors, are among Gagliardi's areas of expertise.
Celso Xavier; Marcelo Inglez de Souza; Rafael Gagliardi
‘Demarest is a renowned law firm in Brazil, formed by highly qualified professionals, especially in the area of litigation and disputes. Their deep knowledge of this field and legislation, and their results in court, makes the firm one of the best legal boards in Brazil.’
‘Celso Xavier is a distinguished professional.’
‘Lawyers are specialists in different topics and have deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical sector. They are always available.’
‘Excellent service. Provide practical solutions to clients pointing out risks. Rafael Gagliardi is recommended.’
Gol Linhas Aéreas
Câmara de Comercialização de Energia Elétrica – CCEE
- Representing Google in litigation related to Google Ads.
- Hired by Facebook to assist it in a case related to the IPv4 and IPv6 and the disclosure of users’ information on the internet.
- Filed a lawsuit on behalf of BR Distribuidora, Raízen and BP to vacate a previous judicial award concerning the entrance of third parties in a pool for fuel distribution in the Guarulhos Airport.
The sizeable dispute resolution team at Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados is a solid performer in litigation at all levels in Brazil, including proceedings before the superior courts in Brasília. Recently, the team has been particularly active in cases involving clients from the mining, technology, start-up, pharmaceutical, banking and aviation sectors; bankruptcy and judicial reorganisations are also areas of strength for the department. Eliane Cristina Carvalho, whose fields of expertise include civil litigation, crisis management and preventive measures, heads up the practice with Gláucia Mara Coelho, who stands out for her impressive track record in high-stakes judicial and administrative proceedings. Corporate disputes are notable areas of practice for Ariana Anfe and Paulo Eduardo Leite Marino. Eduardo Perazza de Medeiros is another key contact, especially for contractual disputes, environmental class actions and administrative improbity claims.
Eliane Cristina Carvalho; Gláucia Mara Coelho
‘The firm has a unique position in the market regarding the implementation of collective programs for the resolution of conflicts.’
‘Glaucia Coelho is a professional who stands out for being extremely didactic, technical and extremely brilliant in their work.’
‘Broad and deep knowledge, speed and availability to find the best strategy.’
‘Paulo Eduardo Marino and Ariana Anfe stand out for their technical competence, professionalism and dedication to the client.’
‘Team with excellent knowledge in the field. The ability to respond immediately to urgent and critical demands is impressive. All are excellent professionals, but I would highlight Eliane Carvalho.’
Sequoia Logística e Transporte
Gumi Brasil Participações
Oracle do Brasil Sistemas
Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais
Samsung Eletrônica da Amazônia
CEEE – Companhia Estadual de Energia Elétrica
GRU – Concessionária do Aeroporto Internacional de Guarulhos
- Representing Samarco Mineração in a case related to an accident involving its dam Fundão, causing a massive spill of 32 million cubic metres of mud tailings beyond the property limits.
- Assisted Kirton Bank in a judicial claim filed by the counterparty to discuss cashbacks on the transaction price of an M&A deal.
- Acted for Braskem, which decided to close its activities in Maceió (Alagoas) due to a report that mentioned the occurrence of geological events that affected the region.
Mannheimer, Perez E Lyra Advogados
Dispute resolution boutique Mannheimer, Perez E Lyra Advogados stands out for its strong capabilities across all types of litigation. Examples include its significant expertise in shareholders' disputes, post-M&A conflicts and cases involving contractual issues. The firm acts for a diverse client roster, which includes heavyweights from the construction, infrastructure, private equity, oil and gas and financial services sectors. The highly regarded Sergio Mannheimer steers the Rio de Janeiro team on an array of litigation mandates. Tomaz Lyra is the main point of contact in São Paulo; he is adept in matters before state and superior courts. Civil and corporate litigation specialist Fernanda Aviz is another key practitioner, as is Marcela Levy.
Sergio Mannheimer; Tomaz Lyra
‘Professionalism, and a keen sense of humanity combined with technical knowledge.’
‘Sérgio Mannheimer has great academic credentials, and is knowledgeable of topics.’
‘The service provided by Mannheimer’s lawyers is excellent. The firm is a dispute resolution boutique, focused on litigation and arbitration. Lawyers are good strategists, always anticipating their opponents’ next steps. The advice is tailor-made. I recommend the work of two partners at the firm: Marcela Levy and Fernanda Aviz. They are young and very dedicated, with total mastery of the subject being discussed. Always available and quick to deliver, even when faced with highly complex issues, which distinguishes them from other lawyers.’
‘Tomaz Lyra (partner) is highly qualified and offers solutions for complex cases in line with the most up-to-date jurisprudence and specific to the subject under analysis.’
Construtora Arena Pernambuco
Construtora Queiroz Galvão
Nuclebrás Equipamentos Pesados – NUCLEP
Enel Green Horizonte MP Solar
CTEEP – Companhia de Transmissão de Energia Elétrica Paulista
Fundação dos Economiários Federais – FUNCEF
ERB – Energias Renováveis do Brasil
State Grid Group
João Fortes Engenharia
Iesa Óleo e Gás
G4S Vanguarda Segurança e Vigilância
Consórcio Ipojuca Interligações
Cubico Sustainable Investments
Caixa Participações – CAIXAPAR
- Represents IMCOPA in a R$200m dispute arising from the default by the lessee of its industrial premises and losses resulting from acts of the company’s former chief officers.
- Representing Hyatt in a foreclosure lawsuit to collect the loan granted for the construction of the Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro Residences.
- Acted for Enel in a dispute regarding the rendering of public lighting services in the Angra dos Reis municipality.
High-value commercial disputes are at the core of the litigation practice at TozziniFreire Advogados, which represents clients from several industries, including infrastructure, banking and technology. The team, which is also noted for its knowledge of the automotive sector, excels in contractual and technology-related disputes. Fernando Eduardo Serec has considerable experience in contentious matters involving financial contracts and administrative law. He jointly leads the practice with Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente, who is highly regarded for consumer litigation. Mônica Mendonça Costa is a highly regarded practitioner for contentious matters arising from M&A and real estate transactions. Other noteworthy practitioners include Antonio Marzagão Barbuto Neto and Julio Andrade Neves, the latter of whom is a go-to counsel for automotive clients.
Fernando Eduardo Serec; Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente
W.R. Grace & Co.
BMW do Brasil
International Industria de Motores da America do Sul
Ford Motor Company Brasil
Oracle do Brasil Sistemas
BR Ambiental Fundo de Investimento em Participações Multiestratégia
Romani Industria e Comércio de Sal
FS Agrisolutions Industria de Biocombustíveis
Axalta Coating Systems
- Representing Caterpillar in a judicial dispute against Usina Xavantes regarding an indemnification action against Caterpillar alleging that the generator sets sold by it were defective.
- Representing Coteminas in a complex judicial dispute against three important farmers in the state of Goiás.
- Represents Colgate in several strategic cases in Brazil, notably a civil action filed by the state legislature of Rio de Janeiro challenging the efficacy of an ingredient of its toothpaste.
Trench Rossi Watanabe
Trench Rossi Watanabe is recognised for its 'experience in highly complex disputes involving large national and international clients'. The dispute resolution team often acts alongside other departments, bringing together multidisciplinary expertise to address clients' needs in civil and commercial litigation before the superior courts. Marcio Polto coordinates the team from São Paulo; he is particularly noted for his experience in corporate disputes and cross-border matters. Corporate litigation is a key area of activity for co-head Andrea Brick, based in Rio de Janeiro; she is regularly instructed by telecoms, energy and mining-sector companies. Gledson Campos leads on bankruptcy and insolvency-related litigation, which is also an area of focus for Giuliana Schunck, who in addition handles contractual, family and commercial disputes. Tiago Zapater specialises in class actions and environmental litigation.
Marcio Polto; Andrea Brick
‘Highly qualified team which is available for urgent matters.’
‘Specialised knowledge and international recognition.’
‘Andrea Brick stands out in dispute resolution.’
‘Tiago Vaitecunas Zapater is recommended.’
‘TRW has one of the best litigation practices in the country. The team’s experience in highly complex disputes involving large national and international clients from different industries before the most diverse courts in the country is outstanding. The team’s technical capacity is equally impressive, with professionals who bring the latest academic developments to the reality of the forum in an objective and pragmatic way.’
‘Marcio Polto is one of the great names in the litigation field and leads TRW’s litigation team with competence and efficiency. Marcio has an excellent strategic vision and commercial approach and is always available to provide excellent customer service. His crisis management skills are equally outstanding.’
Associação Brasileira de Descartáveis (ABRADE)
Instituto Socioambiental do Plá
Petros – Fundação Petrobrás de Seguridade Social
- Represents LIEBHERR in an indemnification lawsuit filed by Brazil Marítima before the São Luís-MA District Court regarding a fire that destroyed a port crane.
- Acts on behalf of Ingresso.com, an online ticket seller company, in a lawsuit filed by Associação de Defesa dos Consumidores do Rio Grande do Sul – ADECON-RS, in relation to the charge of the “convenience fee” for the online sale of tickets.
- Represents Wright Medical Technology in an indemnification lawsuit filed by Techmedical Importações e Comércio and JDR Comércio de Produtos Cirúrgicos seeking damages resulting from contractual defaults.
BMA - Barbosa, Müssnich, Aragão fields a team of professionals specialised in the prevention and resolution of conflicts, who are equipped to assist clients engaged in corporate and civil disputes. With significant experience in administrative and judicial proceedings, the firm represents clients before state and federal courts. The team is also adept at handling cross-border matters, working alongside leading international firms. Restructuring and dispute resolution specialist Felipe Evaristo dos Santos Galea jointly leads the team with Pedro Costa, whose areas of expertise include infrastructure and corporate disputes. André Abbud is regularly instructed by clients operating in the energy, infrastructure, healthcare and agribusiness sectors. Rafael Castilho focuses on civil and commercial litigation.
Felipe Evaristo dos Santos Galea; Pedro Costa
‘The technical ability of the professionals, as well as their macro vision of the market in which our company operates stands out. They are always up to date, available, and provide accurate and direct opinions.’
‘The attention and involvement of the entire team is second to none. The case is still ongoing and from the beginning we felt very comfortable with all the care provided by the team. Their technical ability and the development of strategies are unique. They have a broad view of negotiations and proceedings, anticipating risks and developing innovative strategies.’
‘Felipe Evaristo Galea is one of the best lawyers in this area. His availability also sets him apart from others.’
Usiminas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais – USIMINAS
Owens Corning Fiberglas
Sul America Santa Cruz Participações
Latam Airlines Brasil
Airbnb Serviços Digitais
- Represents Galvão Engenharia in a series of disputes arising from Operação Lava Jato and the subsequent decision made by Petrobras to terminate the contracts in progress for the construction of a fertiliser plant located in Mato Grosso do Sul.
- Acts for Owens Corning Fiberglas in a lawsuit filed by a Brazilian company specialised in metallic roofing systems.
- Represents Usiminas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais, one of the largest steel companies in Brazil, in a lawsuit related to an agreement entered into by the client and the largest supplier of industrial gas in Brazil.
Showcasing particular strength in contractual and M&A-related disputes, Cescon Barrieu offers representation to domestic and international clients, most notably investment funds, public companies and financial institutions, in complex litigation. Furthermore, the team's caseload is populated by a diverse range of contentious matters, including those involving construction, infrastructure, public procurement, environmental and consumer law issues. Focusing on corporate conflicts, Carlos David Albuquerque Braga jointly leads the department with four other key practitioners: Gabriel Seijo Leal de Figueiredo is seen with great regularity handling contractual and post-M&A disputes, while restructuring and insolvency mandates are Fábio Rosas' key specialism. Helena Abdo, who excels in procedural matters and mediation, is highly regarded by clients, and Mauricio Fabbri is a key contact for both Brazilian and foreign companies.
Carlos Braga; Gabriel Seijo Leal de Figueiredo; Fábio Rosas; Helena Abdo; Maurício Fabbri
‘Cohesive and responsive litigation team.’
‘Helena Abdo and her team have provided excellent services for our company in handling a critical regulatory / public law case. We have so far obtained the best possible result in the lawsuit, and her craft has been instrumental in reaching such great results.’
‘The firm is attentive and always very helpful. In addition, it stands out in the legal scene for providing an excellent service, with speed, care and cutting-edge advice. Gabriel Seijo and Helena Najjar Abdo are recommended.’
‘The entire team actively engages in our cases. There are other professionals from the Cescon, Barrieu, Flesch & Barreto Advogados law firm who also stand out, however, Helena Abdo is fantastic.’
Bionovis – Companhia Brasileira de Biotecnologia Farmacêutica
Boehringer Ingelheim do Brasil Química e Farmacêutica
Nexa Recursos Minerais
Banco BTG Pactual
FII Campus Faria Lima
Alipay Singapore E-Commerce
- Successfully represented Boehringer Ingelheim do Brasil Química e Farmacêutica in a product liability lawsuit that sought compensation under an allegation concerning a drug for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Acts for Bionovis in an ordinary procedure filed by Genentech concerning patent PI9809387-8.
- Represents Spring Televisão in a public civil action filed by the Federal Public Prosecutor, claiming that the direct transfer of the television concession owned by Abril Radiofusão and granted to Spring without a bidding process was illegal.
Huck, Otranto, Camargo Advogados is well equipped to handle cases at both the administrative and judicial level. Clients from the insurance, education, construction, energy and technology sectors regularly turn to the team for representation in class actions, contractual disputes and restructuring-related issues, among other sorts of contentious matters before regulatory agencies and the superior courts. Guilherme Gomes Pereira heads the department, which also includes dispute resolution expert Rogério Carmona Bianco, whose areas of expertise cover class actions and construction disputes. Conflicts involving corporate issues, health insurance and the pharmaceutical sector are all fields of activity for Alexandre Domingues Serafim, who is also a name to note for patent litigation.
Guilherme Gomes Pereira
‘The firm focuses on strategic litigation and handles sensitive cases. Work is performed with technical excellence and mastery, and lawyers offer effective solutions.’
Unip – Universidade Paulista
EDB – Sistemas Elétricos
The Carlyle Group
Grupo Equipav – Empate – Aegea
Grupo Sympla – Movile – Naspers
CIN Corporação Industrial do Norte
CIN Brasil Participações
Resource Capital Funds
Mangels Industrial and Tecnopar
Floresta Realizações Audiovisuais
Cristália Produtos Químicos e Farmacêuticos
- Representing Empate Engenhria e Comércio in a claim regarding the payment of an alleged debt.
- Acting for Editora Manole in a corporate dispute between the clients and its former majority shareholder.
- Represents Mercado Bitcoin Serviços Digitais, the largest cryptocurrency and digital assets exchange platform in Latin America, in a case regarding fraud in cryptocurrency trading.
With an 'excellent and strategic view of litigation', Lefosse Advogados has a wealth of experience helping domestic and foreign clients navigate the complexities of Brazilian law and courts. Class actions, commercial and corporate disputes are all strengths for the team led by Pedro Maciel, who routinely acts for clients from the construction, banking, telecoms and energy sectors. Domestic and cross-border proceedings including public and private corporations are some of Raphael Nehin Corrêa's notable areas of practice. Márcio Opromolla is well regarded for his experience in litigation and crisis management. Rafael Stefanini is another contact for corporate disputes. In a recent development, Diogo Ciuffo Carneiro joined the firm from Bichara Advogados.
‘Excellent and strategic view of litigation, with well-defined work plans and in-depth study of the necessary issues. One of the best firms I have had the opportunity to work with in the area.’
‘Marcio Opromolla seeks to go deeper into the business issues and has a very strategic approach.’
IRB Brasil Resseguros
Lactalis do Brasil – Comércio, Importação e Exportação de Laticínios
Lenovo Tecnologia Brasil
Norte Energia – NESA
Procter & Gamble Industrial e Comercial
Merck Sharp & Dohme Saúde Animal
Energia Sustentável do Brasil – ESBR
- Successully represented Lenovo in a strategic class action over the alleged installation of malware in certain laptops.
- Represented Lactalis in a lawsuit filed against AGRICOOP – Cooperativa Central Agrofamiliar in relation to the termination of a purchase agreement of non-pasteursed milk.
- Acted for Elfa Medicamentos in a class action lawsuit filed by the city of Aracaju, concerning the supply of medicine.
Veirano Advogados brings together experience in litigation, mediation and arbitration, and is equipped to handle administrative proceedings and insurance claims. Recently, the department saw an increase in mandates pertaining to class actions, construction disputes and contentious issues arising from distribution agreements. Other areas of activity included assisting clients involved in lawsuits against public entities and matters coming out of the Covid-19 crisis. Practice head Felipe Bastos acts for Brazilian and foreign clients in commercial and corporate litigation. Rosangela Delgado has extensive experience in product liability, contractual and regulatory issues. Priscila Sansone is also noted for contractual and tort law.
‘The dispute resolution team at Veirano Advogados has extensive experience in complex cases and a great capacity to respond to urgent requests. Furthermore the partners are extremely available.’
‘Felipe Bastos is experienced, available and has great strategic thinking.’
‘I was very impressed by the team’s technical skills and the pragmatic way in which they handled matters.’
Kawasaki do Brasil
Indústria e Comércio and Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Eletrobras Termonuclear – Eletronuclear
Global Payments Serviços de Pagamentos
Amil Assistência Médica Internacional
Repsol Sinopec Brasil
Johnson & Johnson
Westrock Celulose, Papel e Embalagens
Sovos Compliance Desenvolvimento de Sistemas
Três Tentos Agroindustrial
Taxweb Software de Compliance Fiscal
Align Technology do Brasil
Porto do Açu
Pan-Americana Indústrias Químicas
Sider Comercial Industrial
VAA Brasil Importação e Exportação
Associação Brasileira d’A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Últimos Dias
Warner Music Brasil
Shell do Brasil
BNY Mellon Serviços Financeiros Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários (BNY Mellon)
Aurora Energia Renováveis II
Hidrovias do Brasil – Vila do Conde
Marka Nikko Asset Management
Subsea 7 do Brasil Serviços (Subsea 7)
Weatherford Indústria e Comércio
Wärtsilä Finland Oy
Concessionária Aeroporto Rio de Janeiro
- Successfully defended Raízen in a major claim for damages and loss of profits based on tort.
- Represents Porto do Açu in 476 lawsuits which discuss indemnification due by the client due to expropriation proceedings.
- Obtained on behalf of Westrock the suspension of municipal decrees based on the Covid-19 pandemic, which severely impacted the client’s business.
The litigation department at Wald, Antunes, Vita e Blattner Advogados attracts praise for its ‘technical capacity, availability and strategic vision‘. Its practitioners are regularly instructed by clients from a variety of industries in relation to infrastructure, commercial, corporate, restructuring and banking-related disputes. In the administrative litigation sphere, the team is sought after by public service concessionaires looking for legal support in the context of enforcement matters and bid protests. Civil litigator Mariana Tavares Antunes is extremely active in the team, which also includes Arnoldo Wald Filho, who focuses on litigation and arbitration, and contractual law specialist Marcus Vinícius Vita Ferreira. Bernardo Cavalcanti Freire and Eduardo Cezar Chad are widely recommended by clients. Other names to note include Arnoldo Wald, Alexandre de Mendonça Wald and Marina Gaensly Blattner. Since publication, Samantha Mendes Longo left the firm, in October 2021.
Arnoldo Wald; Alexandre de Mendonça Wald; Arnoldo Wald Filho; Mariana Tavares Antunes; Marcus Vinicius Vita Ferreira; Marina Gaensly Blattner; Bernardo Cavalcanti Freire; Eduardo Cezar Chad
‘Competent and dedicated professionals, close to the business and committed to results.’
‘Bernardo Freire stands out in administrative and civil litigation.’
‘Great technical knowledge; proximity to the client; always aim to solve the client’s problem. Eduardo Chad is recommended.’
‘This is a firm that combines important qualities with a highly competent team, 24/7 customer service with a high degree of assertiveness in their work. I would like to highlight Alexandre Wald, Mariana Antunes and Eduardo Chad.’
‘Technical capacity, availability, and strategic vision. Bernardo Freire is recommended.’
Partido Humanista da Solidariedade – PHS
Confederação Nacional dos Pescadores e Aquicultores – CNPA
Companhia Docas do Estado de São Paulo – CODESP
Viação Aérea de São Paulo – VASP
Alliance Shopping Centres
CESP- Companhia Energética de São Paulo
- Represented Partido Humanista da Solidariedade before the Supreme Federal Court as claimant in an ADI (Direct Unconstitutionality Action).
- Acts for Grupo Farmabrasil before the Supreme Federal Court as amicus curiae in ADI n. 5529, which aims at declaring the unconstitutionality of the sole paragraph of Article 40 of Law No. 9,279 / 96.
- Represented Confederação Nacional dos Pescadores e Aquicultores – CNPA as claimant of ADPF (a claim of non-compliance with a fundamental precept) n. 389.
Acting for national and foreign clients, Bichara Advogados handles complex lawsuits and class actions in the telecoms, construction, real estate and energy sectors. Adriana Astuto is skilled in civil and contractual disputes, and regularly represents concessionaires in contentious matters. Fellow co-head Thiago Lins is a counsel of choice for telecoms, insurance and agribusiness clients in relation to litigation and arbitration mandates. Environmental litigation, administrative proceedings and public law-related disputes are also strengths; Pedro Acioli Werner has extensive experience in this regard. Former department leader Diogo Ciuffo is no longer at the firm, but the team was joined by André Gondinho, a specialist in civil, commercial and tax litigation, from Siqueira Castro – Advogados in June 2021.
Adriana Astuto; Thiago Lins; André Gondinho
‘The team is always up-to-date on issues, managing to anticipate scenarios and guide clients in preventing disputes.’
‘Diogo Carneiro stands out for his technical accuracy. Associate Pedro Salarini is recommended for his quick responses, global vision of the client and for his ability to always find a solution.’
‘Availability and sense of urgency in serving clients, without forgetting the undisputed technical quality of the lawyers.’
‘Thiago Lins is one of the partners at the firm, he is a lawyer with a lot of experience and technical knowledge.’
‘Proactivity, availability, efficiency and speed.’
Construtora Queiroz Galvão
Laureate International Universities
- Acted for Oi in class actions that aimed to prohibit telecoms companies from suspending the service in the event of default by the user.
- Represented SINIPERIO (School’s Union of Rio de Janeiro) in a case related to the suspension of classes by the mayor of Rio de Janeiro due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Acted for J&F Investimentos in a $4bn indemnification lawsuit filed by BNDES for losses allegedly caused by wrong evaluation of assets during the acquisition of Bertin.
KLA Advogados has extensive experience in assisting pharmaceutical, insurance, consumer products, automotive and media-sector clients in an array of judicial and administrative litigation. The team – whose main strengths include corporate and commercial disputes – often acts alongside international law firms in cross-border mandates. Department head Tiago Cortez is seasoned in antitrust and competition cases. Taisa Oliveira is highly regarded for her impressive track record in disputes concerning real estate and contractual matters, the latter of which is also an area of focus for Flávia Cristina Alterio Falavigna; both were promoted to partner in October 2021.
‘Technical and procedural knowledge, accessibility and personality of the partners, excellent writing and reasoning.’
‘Flavia Alterio provides a personalised service focused on customer needs. She is helpful and available to debate theses, lines of defence and arguments.’
‘Up-to-date, technical and creative professionals who find the perfect solution to the problems presented by clients.’
‘Taisa Oliveira is an excellent professional, who is technical, eloquent, available, up-to-date and quick to understand the client’s needs.’
Cia Brasileira de Distribuição
Lear do Brasil
General Mills Brasil
GE Healthcare do Brasil
Procter & Gamble
- Assisting an individual in a commercial dispute against several companies related to a loan of over R$27m.
- Representing Ecogen in a civil claim filed by Condomínio Geral Norte Shopping regarding the early termination of a lease agreement.
- Representing Tegra Group in four related claims regarding the demobilisation of Tegra Group’s operation in the Central-Western region.
Leite, Tosto e Barros Advogados Associados
Leite, Tosto e Barros Advogados Associados' recent caseload illustrates its strength in litigation; it has handled cases involving credit recovery, tax law, shareholder disputes, public concessions, infrastructure and energy-related issues. With in-depth knowledge of credit recovery, Ricardo Tosto is a key practitioner. Rodrigo Quadrante is highlighted for handling commercial law and banking cases, while Paulo Guilherme Lopes is particularly noted for his track record in arbitration. Other key individuals include 'great litigator' Patricia Rios and Daniel Albolea Junior.
Paulo Guilherme Lopes; Ricardo Tosto; Rodrigo Quadrante; Patricia Rios; Daniel Albolea Junior
‘Full-service firm focused mainly on the areas of civil and commercial litigation and arbitration. It acts with extreme professionalism, competence and dedication. We have been working for over twenty years together with excellent results.’
‘Ricardo Tosto is recommended for judicial matters; Paulo Guilherme Lopes stands out in arbitration; Patrícia Rios is a great litigator and Rodrigo Quadrante handles cases related to commercial and banking law.’
‘Leite e Tosto is recognised for its strong performance in dispute resolution. The firm’s busy civil and commercial litigation department is led by experienced partners Paulo Guilherme Lopes, Ricardo Tosto and Rodrigo Quadrante and is known for its deep knowledge of cases involving credit recovery, distribution contracts and product liability issues.’
- Represented Alupar in a R$22m lawsuit regarding a supply and service contract.
- Acted for Group UTC in a billion-dollar matter related to Operation Lava Jato.
- Assisted EDP in a contractual matter involving the acquisition of energy in the context of the pandemic.
Lobo de Rizzo Advogados
The experience of Lobo de Rizzo Advogados' litigation team spans disputes arising from commercial contracts, corporate matters, restructuring and consumer law issues. Civil litigation and arbitration specialist Luis Fernando Guerrero acts for a diverse client roster that includes leading international and Brazilian players. He oversees the department with Gabriel José de Orleans e Bragança, who has brought a number of mandates pertaining to the banking sector since his arrival at the firm. Hugo Tubone Yamashita is a name to note at the associate level.
Luis Fernando Guerrero; Gabriel José de Orleans e Bragança
‘Lobo de Rizzo is a full-service firm that is prepared to provide legal advice in all areas of law. The firm has professionals with exceptional technical capacity in civil, tax and labour litigation and the service is provided with agility. The professionals go deep into the client’s business and propose alternatives that make deals viable, pointing out the risks.’
‘Luis Fernando Guerrero has excellent technical abilities in civil litigation and arbitration matters.’
‘The team stands out for its in-depth knowledge and legal experience in the market. Gabriel José de Orleans e Bragança is recommended.’
Hydria Participações e Investimentos
Dia Brasil Sociedade
Banco Rabobank International Brasil
Banco ABC Brasil
China Construction Bank (Brasil) Banco
Ernst & Young Auditores Independentes
Invista Crédito e Investimento
Jive Asset Gestão de Recursos
Sul Financeira – Crédito, Financiamentos e Investimentos
Itaúsa – Itaú Investimentos
- Provided assistance to Dia Brasil in its strategic civil litigation cases involving contractual disputes with franchisees, including four class actions.
- Acting for Hydria in damages claims filed by Energisa Mato Grosso – Distribuidora de Energia seeking compensation for fines levied by the state of Mato Grosso upon wrongful use of tax credits.
- Assisting Autostar in civil litigation cases involving lease agreements and the consequences brought by the Covid-19 pandemic.
'Composed of highly qualified and experienced professionals in judicial, administrative and arbitration disputes', the team at Souto Correa Advogados is well versed in litigation involving consumer law, environmental issues, construction, energy, contractual and corporate disputes. The team - which is predominantly based in Porto Alegre - is under the leadership of Guilherme Rizzo Amaral, Julia Klarmann and Otávio Domit. Roberta Feiten Silva leads on product liability cases and consumer lawsuits, and Ricardo Quass Duarte is noted for his work in complex civil litigation.
Guilherme Rizzo Amaral; Otávio Domit; Julia Klarmann
‘This practice has lawyers with special experience in product liability matters. They are able to work as part of a worldwide team considering foreign law systems and company tactics as well.’
‘Ricardo Quass Duarte is very committed and always has a clear tactic in mind.’
‘The team is extremely competent, composed of highly qualified and experienced professionals in judicial, administrative and arbitration disputes.’
‘Among the many excellent lawyers in the firm, I highlight the work of Guilherme Amaral.’
‘Partners provide personalised services. Professionals involved in cases always have in-depth knowledge of the facts and stand out for their technical and legal knowledge.’
‘Ricardo Quazz Duarte works in civil litigation and is extremely competent and committed. He always seek to deeply understand clients’ problems and deliver winning solutions and strategies.’
‘They are dedicated to cases, seeking successful alternatives to disputes.’
Airbnb Serviços Digitais
Companhia de Navegação Norsul
Continental Brasil Indústria Automotiva
Duque Comercio e Participações
Eletropaulo Metropolitana Eletricidade de São Paulo
GDC Partners Serviços Fiduciários Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários
GE Energias Renováveis
GL Events Exhibitions
Lenovo Tecnologia Brasil
Mar Azul Logística, Armazenamento, Terminais e Transportes
Microsoft do Brasil Importações e Comércio de Software e Vídeo Games
Samsung Eletrônica da Amazônia
Votorantim Asset Management Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários
- Represents Petrobras in a lawsuit to set aside a partial award rendered in arbitral proceedings.
- Represented Microsoft in a class action regarding Brazilian data protection regulations.
- Represents Airbnb in public civil actions that claimed that the platform would have violated decrees that banned hosting services as a way of preventing the Covid-19 pandemic.
The dispute resolution department at Stocche Forbes Advogados represents clients in lawsuits involving breach of contract, civil liability, commercial issues and corporate disputes. Rafael Passaro has 'a distinguished professional profile' in the field of civil litigation and administrative proceedings. He oversees the practice with Fernanda Cardoso, Luis Guilherme Aidar Bondioli and Guilherme Gaspari Coelho, who is a key contact for commercial and corporate disputes. Lilian Patrus Marques is a name to note for preventive work, litigation and arbitration matters.
Rafael Passaro; Luis Guilherme Bondioli; Guilherme Gaspari Coelho; Fernanda Cardoso
‘The vast experience and high qualifications of the partners and lawyers are characteristics that make Stocche Forbes stand out. The ease of interaction between clients and the team is also a differential that makes it one of the best firms in Brazil.’
‘Their biggest quality is the lawyers’ availability and technical knowledge.’
‘Lilian Patrus has impeccable technique, is organised and available.’
‘Rafael Passaro is available and understands the client’s business.’
‘Rafael Passaro is my main point of contact for litigation matters. He has vast experience and qualifications in topics in this area. He is a reference in the market and has a distinguished professional profile.’
OEP Brasil Electronics
- Retained as counsel for Dudalina in a dispute between shareholders of two companies it has incorporated.
- Acting for Brookfield Incorporações in a dispute over an agreement executed between TG São Paulo Empreendimentos Imobiliários and an investor regarding some commercial units.
- Defending Tegra Incorporadora and MB Engenharia SPE40 in a dispute regarding the construction of a shopping centre in Distrito Federal.
Offering broad services that span public law-related claims and litigation involving financing contracts, corporate restructuring, transactions and energy issues, Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados is well versed in 'resolving complex disputes'. Acting for construction and oil and gas companies in class actions related to environmental matters is an area of particular strength for the practice, which often works with the firm's Brasília office in cases before the superior courts. Antonio Celso Pugliese stands out for his work in judicial disputes in the construction and financial sectors. Carolina Mansur is well regarded for insolvency and bankruptcy-related litigation, while commercial and technology disputes are among Nahima Müller's key areas of specialism.
Antonio Celso Pugliese; Carolina Mansur; Nahima Müller
‘The litigation team is really excellent. Their business knowledge is impressive.’
‘Carolina Mansur is available and committed to clients.’
‘The practice provides a service of excellent technical and professional quality. It is capable of resolving complex disputes. I recommend Celso Pugliese as an individual.’
‘I would like to highlight Nahima Muller. She stood out for her differentiated performance.’
‘Celso Pugliese is a reference in strategic civil cases. He is a senior partner of the group, but he remains a reference in complex cases, where it is necessary to see more than the rules of civil procedure. He also stands out for his enormous knowledge of the oil and gas sector.’
Dispute resolution boutique BFBM – Barroso Fontelles, Barcellos, Mendonça & Associados is routinely engaged by clients, most notably in the telecoms, internet and banking sectors, in relation to proceedings before the superior courts of Brazil. The team - which has been particularly busy with several disputes arising from the Covid-19 pandemic- is well equipped to handle both judicial and administrative proceedings. Rafael Barroso Fontelles is a go-to counsel for major Brazilian banks, while Felipe Monnerat Solon de Pontes is sought after by telecoms companies. Eduardo Mendonça is best known for his experience in cases concerning regulatory matters and freedom of speech. Civil and banking law specialist Konstantinos Andropoulus is also active in dispute resolution.
Rafael Barroso Fontelles; Eduardo Mendonça; Felipe Monnerat Solon de Pontes
‘Technical quality of service; ability to suggest important strategies for the business, excellent reasoning and performance. Eduardo Mendonça is recommended.’
‘The firm stands out for acting in litigation with a strategic vision that goes beyond the cases. As they know the market, the internet and technology sector very well, we know that BFBM’s performance is guided by a strategic positioning, in which it seeks not only a positive result in the specific case, but a result that can have an impact in the market and positively influence the portfolio of ongoing legal cases.’
‘Eduardo Mendonça is the main litigation partner at the Brasília office. He knows the ins and outs of acting in higher courts like few others and stands out for his work in the area of technology and internet. He is available and has been a strategic partner for sensitive issues in courts across the country.’
‘The level of delivery and the search for the desired result combined with an excellent legal technique make the BFBM firm stand out in the national legal market.’
‘My main contact is Felipe Monnerat Solon de Pontes Rodrigues, and what distinguishes him from so many other partners and lawyers is his persistence, availability and legal excellence.’
‘The entire legal team is extremely competent, technical and easily adapts to clients’ needs and requests. Felipe Monnerat is recommended.’
‘The engagement, technical knowledge and involvement of partner Felipe Monnerat Solon de Pontes Rodrigues are impressive and worthy of recognition. He has in-depth knowledge of Brazilian and international jurisprudence, which guarantees lasting solutions to the issues raised.’
Sinditelebrasil (Sindicato Nacional das Empresas de Telefonia e de Serviço Móvel Celular e Pessoal)
Abraplex (Associação Brasileira das Empresas Exibidoras Cinematográficas Operadoras de Multiplex)
FGC (Fundo Garantidor de Crédito)
Louis Dreyfus Company Brasil
- Represents Banco Bradesco in a compensation claim filed by a ticket seller for major events.
- Acted for Telefônica Brasil in the filing of a lawsuit against Smartgeo, which was hired by Telefônica to develop and maintain an online service offered to its customers.
- Acted for Itaú Unibanco in a lawsuit where the counterparty compelled the client to render credit accounts linked to its current account, as a result of the credit transactions contracted beforehand.
The ‘extremely competent and innovative’ litigation team at Castro Barros Advogados handles an array of mandates, but particularly excels in high-stakes credit recovery lawsuits and corporate and commercial disputes. José Augusto Leal is proficient in contentious matters arising from financing transactions. Alexandre Espínola Catramby also regularly acts for financial market players; other areas of expertise include commercial and public law disputes. Recently promoted partner Rodrigo Gonçalves Lima de Mattos specialises in credit recovery, while Olympio Carvalho is the name to note for shipping and transport cases. Marco Deluiggi is the contact in São Paulo for insurance claims.
José Augusto Leal
‘Successful representation in the enforcement of an arbitral award against a state-owned entity. Pragmatic, easy to deal with.’
‘Olympio Carvalho is highly experienced, focused, and goal-oriented.’
‘The litigation team is extremely competent, innovative and capable of devising interesting strategies for clients, always focused on achieving quick results.’
‘Alexandre Catramby is the partner in charge of the litigation area, with experience in civil law and civil procedure that place him in a privileged position in relation to his competitors.’
‘Rodrigo Mattos is a senior staff attorney with robust legal knowledge and impeccable writing. Jose Augusto Leal has experience in complex litigation and is highly knowledgeable of business law.’
‘The firm has a team of professionals who are prepared and dedicated to the client. I highly recommend the work of Olympio Carvalho, whose expertise and procedural skills contribute favourably to our performance.’
‘The team has vast technical knowledge and extremely qualified lawyers. Alexandre Catramby stands out in the team; he always comes up with optimal solutions to address our problems.’
Hewlett-Packard Enterprises Financial Services
Banco BTG Pactual
Renault do Brasil
Pentágono Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários
União de Lojas Leader
- Representing Haitong and HPFS in lawsuits against IESA and other companies of the Inepar Group.
- Representing investors in a dispute related to Odebrecht’s judicial restructuring.
- Acting for Renault in a dispute against a car dealer involving R$80m.
L.O. Baptista Advogados
L.O. Baptista Advogados provides comprehensive services in dispute resolution, demonstrating the ability to handle corporate, construction, environmental, product liability, IP and credit recovery lawsuits. André Carmelingo Alves acts for clients from a multitude of sectors in corporate and commercial disputes before the main courts of the country. He manages the practice alongside André Mendes Espirito Santo, who is regularly instructed by clients in the retail, automotive and technology sectors. Other noteworthy individuals include André de Martini Menossi and Ulisses Simões da Silva, both of whom were welcomed to the partnership in February 2021. The dispute resolution department was also strengthened by the arrival of a team of lawyers from RPSN Advogados, including Silvia Rodrigues Pachikoski.
André Camerlingo Alves; André Mendes Espirito Santo
‘The team is committed and delivers excellent results. André Mendes is a great lawyer.’
‘In addition to the high level of technical knowledge, the practice provides very personalised services.’
LAB Empreend. Imobiliários
SR Logística E Transportes
Nail Aliance Cosméticos
Lew’ Lara Publicidade Propaganda
Micromar Indústria e Comércio
Plastcenter Indústria e Comércio
Laces and Hair Instituto De Beleza
Pavsolo Construtora e Mineradora
TR Negócios E Participações
Tub Express Exportação
E-It Technologies Consultoria De Informática
Bcem Comércio de Produtos Alimentícios
Mardam Indústria e Comércio de Produtos de Higiene
Delti Solução em Eletricidade
- Represents Plastcenter Indústria e Comércio in a dispute involving alleged fraud in the transmission of the company’s quota shares.
- Acts for Delti Solução em Eletricidade in a case regarding the termination of a construction contract for two electric power stations in the state of São Paulo.
- Assisted the Shareholders of R1 Participações e Gestão de Negócios in a claim seeking reparation of damages filed by the counterparty alleging a breach of an insurance contract.
Dispute resolution is the core area of focus at LUC Advogados, which is skilled in litigation involving public and private law before the state and federal courts. Luciano de Souza Godoy, whose background includes a ten-year tenure as a federal judge, heads up the practice with Ricardo Zamariola Júnior, who is highly regarded by clients for his experience in litigation involving corporate, contractual and family law disputes. Leonardo Dib Freire - who was promoted to partner in September 2021 - is another star in the dispute resolution team; he specialises in both judicial and administrative litigation.
Luciano de Souza Godoy; Ricardo Zamariola Junior
‘LUC Advogados has a team of excellent lawyers suitable for complex cases. Luciano Godoy is always a reference in the dispute resolution realm. Ricardo Zamariola also always shows great disposition and good ideas.’
‘Leonardo Dib Freire is always very well informed. Competent, helpful, always available to assist us.’
‘Attentive to the client and always available. Leonardo Dib, Luciano Godoy and Ricardo Zamariola are recommended.’
‘LUC lawyers have an extraordinary technical capacity. They deal with complex cases very easily and can quickly understand the scenario.’
Radar Propriedades Agrícolas
Construtora Norberto Odebrecht
Grupo Leste Investimentos
Ipiranga Produtos de Petróleo
Sindicato Nacional das Empresas Distribuidoras de Combustíveis e de Lubrificantes – SINDICOM
Buser Brasil Tecnologia
Caixa Econômica Federal – CEF
ANBIMA – Associação Brasileira das Entidades dos Mercados
Arcor do Brasil
- Defending Colgate-Palmolive Comercial before the Federal Court of Appeals of São Paulo in relation to a debt collection lawsuit arising out of the operation built by the client to raise funds for the acquisition of Kolynos.
- Retained by Buser – a digital service provider in the bus charter business – to represent it before the Supreme Federal Court in a direct action for unconstitutionality that challenges newly passed federal legislation.
- Acting for SINDICOM – Sindicato Nacional das Empresas Distribuidoras de Combustíveis e de Lubrificantes in a lawsuit challenging regulatory legislation that prohibits producers from selling ethanol directly to retail petrol stations without intermediation of fuel distribution companies.
Siqueira Castro – Advogados has strength across the board in relation to litigation involving civil liability, contractual breaches, commercial agreements, corporate issues, tax law and environmental matters. Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro, whose experience covers litigation and mediation, leads the department. The firm – which also fields a team in Brasília experienced in acting before the highest courts – attracts instructions from a multitude of sectors, including construction, banking, manufacturing, technology and insurance, among others. André Frossard Albuquerque and Daniela Soares Domingues are other core members of the litigation and arbitration team.
Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro
Slavel Distribuidora de Automóveis
Nacional Gás Butano Distribuidora
Construções e Comércio Camargo Correa
AMBEV – Companhia de Bebidas das Américas
CNEN Projetos de Engenharia
Iguatemi Empresa de Shopping Centers
Fraport AG Frankfurt Airport Services Worldwide
Aeroporto de Porto Alegre
FETRANSPOR – Federação das Empresas de Transporte de Passageiro do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Pronto Express Logística
White Martins Indústria de Gases
Casa & Vídeo Rio de Janeiro
CEG – Companhia Distribuidora de Gás do Rio de Janeiro
OGMO/Santos – Orgão Gestor de Mão de Obra do Trabalho Portuário do Porto Organizado de Santos
Associação Brasileira de Televisão por Assinatura – ABTA
Peixe Urbano Web Serviços Digitais
- Represents Construções e Comércio Camargo Corrêa in a collection lawsuit filed against the company of public works in the state of Rio de Janeiro – EMOP.
- Defended the interests of Casa & Video in lawsuits aimed at securing the operation of several of its stores during the existence of state and municipal decrees which ordered the closure of several economic activities during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Represents Slavel, a Hyundai dealership present in several cities in the state of Paraná, in a lawsuit for concerning anti-competitive measures.
Drawing on its international law firm partnership, Tauil & Chequer Advogados is well placed to handle cross-border litigation. Highlighted for its 'great legal knowledge and experience in the litigation and advisory field', the team assist clients in both administrative and judicial proceedings, and is particularly skilled in commercial disputes involving construction projects, oil and gas, and energy-related matters. Gustavo Fernandes sits at the helm of the practice, where Mauro Pedroso Gonçalves is also a key figure.
Gustavo Fernandes; Mauro Pedroso Gonçalves
‘Law firm with great legal knowledge and experience in the litigation and advisory field.’
‘Readiness and assertiveness.’
‘Analyzes new strategies in order to understand the situations and propose adequate solutions for the client. Searches for references for the construction of arguments and for the structuring of ideas. Gustavo Fernandes stands out.’
‘Gustavo Fernandes and João Cople are great experts of law and characteristics related to the IT services market.’
Indra Brasil Soluções e Serviços Tecnológicos
BNY Mellon Serviços Financeiros DTVM
Petronas Petróleo Brasil
Vantage Drilling International
Sinopec Petroleum do Brasil
Banco Mizuho do Brasil
Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário – VBI Logístico
Confederação Nacional da Indústria (CNI)
- Acts as counsel to Eneva in the writ of mandamus filed before the Court of Itapiranga, Amazonas, concerning the rules issued by health authorities in relation to Covid-19.
- Representing The Bank of New York Mellon in a lawsuit filed by the state of Maranhão to renegotiate the terms of a credit and guaranty agreement executed by the parties.
- Engaged by VBI, a real estate investment fund of BTG Pactual, to represent it in a lawsuit filed by TAIFF – Proart Distribuidora de Produtos de Beleza, a company in the beauty and cosmetics sector in Brazil.
At Warde Advogados, the litigation practice places a particular emphasis on corporate and commercial disputes, anti-corruption and regulatory matters. The firm - which has recently secured instructions from new clients in the financial services, retail and media sectors - is highlighted as 'smart, strategic and very well connected'. Department leader Walfrido Jorge Warde Júnior is best known for his performance in corporate disputes on behalf of infrastructure, energy, food and beverage and media companies. Recent joiner Alfredo Sérgio Lazzareschi Neto excels in commercial disputes, and Jose Luiz Bayeux Neto is recommended for bankruptcy cases. Other noteworthy practitioners include Felipe Emmanuel de Figueiredo and Rodrigo Jesuino Bittencourt, the latter of whom is proficient in post-M&A disputes.
Walfrido Jorge Warde Júnior
‘Excellent team. Smart, strategic and very well connected. Walfrido Jorge Warde Júnior and Felipe Emmanuel de Figueiredo are fantastic.’
‘In addition to having deep knowledge of matters related to the law, the practices’s decisions are invariably made based on effective strategies. ‘
‘Walfrido Warde needs no introduction. One of the smartest people I have ever met. José Luiz Bayeux Neto has the gift of turning any dense subject into wonderful stories.’
‘The team is recognised for its combativeness, independence and ability to act in different jurisdictions.’
‘Walfrido Jorge Warde Júnior, founding partner of Warde Advogados, has outstanding expertise in corporate disputes and capital markets. Rodrigo Jesuino Bittencourt has extensive experience in litigation, arbitration, corporate law and capital markets issues.’
‘Significant experience in litigation. Legal knowledge combined with a practical vision of the business world.’
‘José Luiz Bayeux Neto and Walfrido Jorge Warde Júnior are efficient and objective, and have profound knowledge of business and corporate law.’
‘Strategic thinking. José Luiz Bayeux Neto possesses great legal knowledge and understands clients’ needs. Walfrido Jorge Warde Júnior provides practical and accurate solutions, and focuses on getting the best results on behalf of the client.’
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional – CSN
Cyrela Brazil Realty
M. Dias Branco
Saraiva Livreiros Editores
Xuzhou Construction Machinery Group
VKN Motors do Brasil
IRB Brasil Resseguros
Clube de Investimento
EMSA – Empresa Sul Americana de Montagens (Grupo EMSA)
- Represents JBS in several class actions filed by Brazilian individuals who are seeking reimbursement for purported losses JBS caused to the public treasury.
- Represented Sequoia Participações in a shareholder dispute filed against Aroeira Participações.
- Continues to represent CSN (a shareholder of Usiminas) in proceedings before the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil (CVM) and the Supreme Court of Justice seeking to compel Ternium-Techint to proceed with a takeover bid of common stock issued by Usiminas.
ASBZ Advogados is best known for its relevant role in nationwide lawsuits, particularly matters before the state courts of São Paulo. Praised for the 'deep involvement' of its partners, the civil litigation team is sought after by clients active in a variety of industries, including financial services, retail, technology, construction and energy, among others. Managing partner Alfredo Zucca Neto handles civil and commercial litigation matters on behalf of retail and food and beverage companies. Aitan Canuto Cosenza Portela, João Biazzo Filho and the recently promoted Nicole Bork Alvo are also noted. Christian Vieira specialises in disputes pertaining to the construction, automotive and retail sectors.
Alfredo Zucca Neto; Aitan Canuto Consenza Portela; Christian Garcia Vieira; João Biazzo Filho; Nicole Bork Alvo
‘Partners are deeply involved in matters, have excellent technical knowledge and a great business vision.’
‘Aitan Portela is great.’
‘Knowledge, expertise and quick response time.’
‘Alfredo Zucca Neto stands out for his competence, dedication and differentiated customer service.’
Banco Santander (Brasil)
CTEEP – Cia. De Transmissão de Energia Elétrica Paulista
Rádio e Televisão Bandeirantes (Band)
Companhia Brasileira de Soluções e Seviços
Mexichem Brasil Indústria de Transformação Plástica
Bom Negócio Atividades de Internet
Prime Sistemas de Atendimento ao Consumidor
Federação Paulista de Futebol
Banco AndBank (Brasil)
Confederação Brasileira de Futebol
Case New Holland
- Acts for CTEEP in a public civil action involving public companies’ employee pensions.
- Defends the interests of the Paulista Football Federation in a public interest civil action seeking the payment of pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages concerning the 2005 São Paulo and Brazilian football championships.
- Assists Grupo Big (Walmart) in a collection lawsuit brought by VBR seeking damages of R$27.5m.
Azevedo Sette Advogados regularly acts before federal and state courts, administrative authorities and regulatory agencies. Primary fields of expertise include litigation involving consumer law, credit recovery, corporate disputes, civil liability, as well as insurance and environmental claims. Ricardo Azevedo Sette specialises in civil and commercial matters. Consumer lawsuits and construction disputes are key specialisms for Marcos Augusto Leonardo Ribeiro, while Paulo Ciari de Almeida Filho is a name to note for labour and IP litigation. Leonardo Platais Brasil Teixeira is a key point of contact for technology clients. Other names to note include João Capanema, Felipe Moraes, Leonardo Farinha Goulart and Rodrigo Badaró de Castro.
Ricardo Azevedo Sette; Paulo Ciari de Almeida Filho; João Capanema Barbosa Filho; Felipe Moraes; Leonardo Farinha Goulart; Leonardo Platais Brasil Teixeira; Marcos Augusto Leonardo Ribeiro; Rodrigo Badaró de Castro
‘The civil litigation team works in partnership with clients as an extension of the legal department. It acts in a proactive way. Paulo Ciari is responsible for the civil litigation area and acts as a bridge to other professionals in the team.’
‘The office has very well-defined teams from each area, and this creates an excellent synergy at times when discussions about the client’s strategies as a whole are necessary. Ricardo Azevedo Sette and Leonardo Platais are excellent.’
SASCAR Tecnologia e Segurança
Auto Viação Guaianazes
Toyota do Brasil
Lifecenter Sistema De Saúde
Concessionária do Aeroporto de Confins
Supermercados Irmão Lopes
Embaré Industrias Alimenticias
Minas Arena – Gestão De Instalações Esportivas
- Represents Caedu in several lawsuits involving consumer law, product liability and administrative matters.
- Provides specialist legal advice and represents Banco Semear in strategic and consumer lawsuits in relation to civil and contractual matters.
- Represents Concessionária do Aeroporto de Confins – BH Airport in strategic litigation in consumer, civil and environmental matters.
Covering the full array of litigation services, Campos Mello Advogados is equipped to represent clients at all court levels, including the superior courts in Brasília. Due to its cooperation with DLA Piper, the firm often provides pre-litigation advice and legal opinions to a host of international clients. Felipe Hermanny, whose experience includes commercial litigation and arbitration, leads the São Paulo team. Vinicius Pereira is an ‘essential asset in any legal process’ according to clients; he is based in Rio de Janeiro and specialises in contractual disputes in the financing, real estate and energy sectors. Credit recovery and contentious insolvencies are key areas of focus for Leandro Rinaldi in Rio. Since publication, the practice was further bolstered by the arrival of João Marçal Martins from Tauil & Chequer Advogados, in October 2021.
Felipe Hermanny; Leandro Rinaldi
‘The team’s main ability is to continuously monitor the company’s activities and anticipate any legal problems that may arise. Vinícius Pereira is a partner with extensive knowledge of different areas of law, which makes him an essential asset in any legal process.’
‘High quality service and a lot of availability and attention. In particular, partner Vinicius Pereira stands out for his ability to find solutions in complex litigation and for the didactic way in which he presents his arguments, in addition to his great presence in court. He also stands out for the elaboration of innovative and complex theses.’
‘Excellent office. Vinicius is very considerate and has comprehensive knowledge. I strongly recommend him.’
‘I would highlight, as a differentiating quality, the international partnership between Campos Mello Advogados and DLA Piper. Vinicius Pereira has always been very attentive and willing to collaborate with projects. He is a trained professional with solid experience.’
‘The CMA litigation team is excellent. Vinicius Pereira stands out for his knowledge, experience and availability. Associate Beni Flint proved to be a great professional.’
‘Extremely diligent, as well as assertive in the strategies. Always available. Leandro Rinaldi is recommended.’
Leste Litigation Finance
GR Serviços de Alimentação
Hyatt Grand Hotel
Grupo Máquina de vendas
Massa Falida do Banco BVA
Baker and Hughes
Casa & Video
Banco BTG Pactual
Hard Rock International
- Represents Máquina de Vendas Brasil in a lawsuit requesting the annulment of a CAM-CCBC arbitral award.
- Acting for Statkraft Energias Renováveis in a public civil action filed by the National Association of Independent Participants and Assistants of FUNCEF (ANIPA) against several defendants concerning damages for losses caused by mismanagement of resources.
- Representing LMTE- Linhas Macapá Transmissora de Energia in a lawsuit filed by senator Randolphe Rodrigues requesting several covenants and moral damages on behalf of the people of the state of Amapá related to 20 days of partial blackout in the state.
CMT – Carvalho, Machado e Timm Advogados
The dispute resolution lawyers at CMT – Carvalho, Machado e Timm Advogados 'act as true partners of the business' and offer assistance to a diverse client base engaged in contentious matters involving engineering contracts, distribution and commercial agreements, and corporate issues. Paula Abi-Chahine Yunes Perim is the main name to note in São Paulo; she has a wealth of experience in cross-border matters and disputes arising from M&A, infrastructure and construction projects. Fabiane Verçosa is based in Rio de Janeiro and leads on arbitration work. Tiago Faganello is another key contact for dispute resolution.
Fabiane Verçosa; Paula Abi-Chahine Yunes Perim; Tiago Faganello
‘I consider the service to be very good and quick. Technical quality is also a plus. The partner Fabiane Verçosa is the person who works with me.’
‘CMT is extremely attentive and thorough. They are client-focused and always available. They act as true partners of the business. They try to understand the client’s business in order to give the best possible opinion within the timeframe they’re given.’
‘Their service stands out because they really know our business and come up with adequate solutions.’
Administradora Geral De Estacionamentos
CMPC Celulose Rio Grandense
Gerdau Aços Longos
PPG Industrial Do Brasil
Yara Brazil Fertilizantes
Merck Indústrias Químicas
Brdigital – Brasil Digital Telecomunicações
Câmara De Comercialização De Energia Elétrica (CCEE)
Unesul De Transportes
Teikon Tecnologia Industrial
Philip Morris Brasil Indústria E Comércio
Teixeira Duarte (EMPA)
John Deere Brasil
CYMI Construções e Participações
STARR Indemnity & Liability Company
- Representing Philip Morris in a lawsuit filed by the bankrupt estate of ERIL, seeking the annulment of a real estate sale deed.
- Engaged by Yokogawa Service to file an action in a case concerning services rendered by Industec at the plant of the EPC executed with Vale.
- Defends Ambev in two lawsuits entered by a former beverages distributor claiming for restitution for a contract termination.
With offices in Rio de Janeiro, Brasília and São Paulo, Felsberg Advogados prides itself on rendering the full range of dispute resolution services, covering domestic and cross-border litigation and mediation matters. The department's caseload attests to its ability to act across a wide range of sectors, including energy, construction and transport, and to handle a variety of contentious matters arising from corporate issues, M&A, consumer law and financing contracts. Marcus Alexandre Matteucci Gomes leads the practice, which also includes Eduardo Périllier, who focuses on judicial restructuring.
Marcus Alexandre Matteucci Gomes
‘The technical quality and commitment of the team stand out.’
‘Marcus Alexandre Matteucci Gomes is great.’
‘Excellent service. They pay attention to the details of each case. Dedication to understanding the facts and technical particularities of the subject matter.’
Votener – Votorantim Comercializadora de Energia
T4F Entretenimento (Time 4 Fun)
MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company
WPP do Brasil Participações
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional – CSN
Francisco Biazi Filho
- Assisting Votener in a collection claim in the 33rd Civil State Court of São Paulo against Coenergy Comercializadora de Energia to recover amounts owed as a termination fine of an energy trading agreement.
- Representing Equipav Engenharia in environmental litigation arising from the alleged non-compliance with environmental regulations concerning the MS-040 Highway.
- Acting for Renova Energia in enforcement proceedings filed by Banco Citibank to collect the amount represented by a credit note issued by the client.
Inglez, Werneck, Ramos, Cury e Françolin Advogados (IWRCF) is well equipped to provide pre-litigation advice and represent clients from a multitude of industries in litigation at the administrative and judicial levels. The group has established itself as a popular choice of counsel for clients in the automotive, healthcare and food and beverages industries. Renato José Cury is regarded as an 'excellent professional in consumer issues'; he has a strong track record in civil litigation and class actions. Andréa Pitthan Françolin is highlighted for her 'availability, broad and strategic vision of the themes, clear understanding of facts and business vision', and Tatiana Magalhães Florence excels in disputes related to commercial and administrative law.
Renato José Cury; Andréa Pitthan Françolin
‘The firm is formed by excellent professionals who are dedicated to their clients. Partners work very closely on a daily basis and that makes a big difference. Renato Cury is an excellent professional in consumer issues.’
‘The litigation team is very well prepared. Always available, provides innovative and pragmatic solutions.’
‘Andrea Francolin is the best lawyer for commercial disputes. Extremely competent, very intelligent and a great communicator.’
‘Dedicated team, committed to serving its clients, always seeking the best legal solution. The partner responsible for civil litigation, Andrea Françolin, has a vision of the client’s business and is dedicated to understanding all issues as if she were responsible for the issue internally, translating the technicality of law into business.’
‘IWRCF stands out for its availability, quality of advice and ability to meet deadlines. Without a shadow of a doubt, the availability, cordiality and quality of advice make the service exceptional.’
‘It is the best practice in terms of understanding the urgency of the request, strategic vision and alignment with the business’ interests. They have a multidisciplinary team that always provides a complete and well-founded answer.’
‘Andrea Françolin is by far the best professional in the area I’ve had the opportunity to work with. The commitment, availability, broad and strategic vision of the themes, clear understanding of facts and business vision, certainly distinguish her.’
‘I highlight Renato José Cury in the litigation and consumer area. Renato is a brilliant lawyer, with excellent training and very dedicated to the client. He is a professional with exceptional ability to define the strategy of a case in order to achieve the best results for the client.’
Volkswagen do Brasil Industria de Veículos Automotores
Dow AgroSciences Industrial
Mattel do Brasil
Nissan do Brasil Automóveis
Goodyear do Brasil Produtos de Borracha
Audi do Brasil Indústria e Comércio de Veículos
- Representing Goodyear do Brasil Produtos de Borracha in a dispute regarding the termination of several agreements with a distributor.
- Represented Medtronic and Auto Suture in the pre-litigation phase and in all lawsuits involving the termination of distribution agreements.
- Defends LIASA in a lawsuit filed by a bank in relation to the alleged breach of a loan agreement.
MAMG Advogados was born out of the merger of dispute resolution boutique MGA Advogados and L.O. Baptista Advogados' former arbitration team in 2021. The litigation group offers support to domestic and international companies in an array of matters before courts and regulatory agencies at the municipal, state and federal level, with a particular focus on construction and infrastructure disputes. Paulo Macedo Garcia Neto is skilled in commercial litigation and arbitration arising in the energy, agribusiness, healthcare, insurance and infrastructure sectors. Mariana Capela Lombardi Moreto 'excels in judicial litigation and arbitration', especially cases involving civil liability, commercial contracts, real estate transactions and antitrust investigations. Rafael Francisco Alves is another noteworthy individual, focused on complex litigation.
Paulo Macedo Garcia Neto; Mariana Capela Lombardi Moreto; Rafael Francisco Alves
‘Very experienced partners, who serve clients in a professional and effective way.’
‘Mariana Capela Lombardi excels in judicial litigation and arbitration. Paulo Garcia Macedo deserves to be highlighted for his work in dispute resolution.’
TSL Engenharia, Manutenção e Meio Ambiente
EET Brasil Alumínio e Parafinas
ALM Administrações e Participações e Empreendimentos
Runner Assessoria Empresarial e Participações
Faraday Investimentos e Participações
Agropecuária Tuiuti (Shefa)
Fazendas Nacionais Participações
Arena das Dunas Concessão e Eventos
- Acting for Arena Das Dunas Concessão e Eventos in a lawsuit against the state of Rio Grande do Norte regarding a PPP contract for the construction of a football stadium.
- Acting for TSL Engenharia and EET Brasil Alumínio in a case related to a breach of the memorandum of understanding (MOU) regarding three loan agreements for the construction of an industrial unit.
- Represents Runner Assessoria Empresarial e Participações in a claim regarding the breach of an agreement for the purchase of quotas of a third company.
Mattos Engelberg Advogados
At Mattos Engelberg Advogados, the litigation group has a solid track record in representing clients in commercial, product liability, consumer law, post-M&A, banking and real estate disputes, where it provides assistance throughout the entire litigation or arbitration procedure. Led by João Carlos Areosa, the team is also skilled at representing clients before the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM) and the Central Bank of Brazil. Practice head Areosa handles commercial and corporate disputes before state and federal courts. Corporate litigation is an area of expertise for Raphael Rangel Pereira, who is also the name to note for administrative proceedings.
João Carlos Areosa
‘Technical quality and experience in presenting alternatives and solutions.’
‘João Carlos Areosa provides technical and practical advice, always proactively.’
Summit Global Asset SPC
Telefônica do Brasil
Bank of America Merrill Lynch Banco Múltiplo
BBCA Brazil Industrial e Investimentos
Barry Callebaut Brasil Indústria e Comércio de Produtos Alimentícios
CTEEP – Companhia de Transmissão de Energia Elétrica Paulista
M. Dias Branco
Louis Dreyfus Company
Indra Brasil Soluções e Serviços Tecnológicos
Aliança Agrícola do Cerrado
Smartcoat – Serviços em Revestimento
- Acts for Summit Global Asset SPC in a third-party claim related to a foreclosure of real estate involved in a chattel mortgage in benefit of Summit.
- Assisted BBCA in the preparation and filing of a lawsuit to enforce the delivery of soybeans based on an agreement of purchase and sale of this product.
- Represents a Brazilian investor in a case related to a sophisticated stock market fraud regarding a harmful investment portfolio managed by brokers.
Rolim, Viotti, Goulart, Cardoso Advogados
Rolim, Viotti, Goulart, Cardoso Advogados has carved out a reputation for acting for clients operating in highly regulated industries - including telecoms, energy and mining - in judicial and administrative litigation. The team counts civil disputes related to distribution agreements, consumer and real estate law among its key strengths. Department leader Helvécio Franco Maia Júnior has significant experience in cases arising from franchising agreements and contractual issues. Luís Felipe Bernardes Sá Teles is seasoned in civil litigation.
Helvécio Franco Maia Júnior
‘Expertise, prompt service and excellent client service.’
‘Helvécio Franco Maia Júnior is great.’
FCA Fiat Chrysler Automóveis do Brasil
Mercedes-Benz do Brasil
Ciber Equipamentos Rodoviários
CNH Latin America
Companhia Energética de Minas Gerais – Cemig
Ligas de Alumíno – LIASA
ABRADEE – Associação Brasileira de Distribuidores de Energia Elétrica
Mosaic Fertilizantes P & K
Kinross Brasil Mineração
Operador Nacional do Sistema Elétrico (ONS)
Companhia Estadual de Geração e Transmissão de Energia – CEEE-GT
Companhia de Geração e Transmissão de Energia Elétrica do Sul do Brasil – CGT ELETROSUL
- Assisted CGT Eletrosul in filing an administrative appeal related to a revision process of tariffs by ANEEL, Brazil’s energy regulator.
- Successfully demonstrated Gerdau Açominas in a class action concerning an alleged scheme aimed at diverting public funds to supply steelworks.
- Acting for Telefônica, which seeks the annulment of a fine imposed by the Brazilian Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) for the alleged non-compliance with user rights standards.
Silveiro Advogados has extensive experience of handling litigation throughout the entire justice system in Brazil. The team is particularly prominent in the telecoms, construction and corporate sectors. Ricardo Leal de Moraes, who specialises in competition and administrative law, is a name to note in the team, as are Ricardo Ranzolin and Igor Bimkowski Rossoni, who 'stand out for their technical capacity and excellent client service skills'.
‘The team’s dedication to understanding and finding solutions to unusual issues, with a quick and efficient response is outstanding.’
‘Igor Bimkowski Rossoni and Ricardo Borges Ranzolin stand out for their technical capacity and excellent client service skills.’
‘Silveiro Advogados has acted in our cases in a very diligent and proactive manner, always a step ahead in all procedural acts, in addition to working with commendable zeal and impressive speed. The litigation team has served us brilliantly and has put together a very successful strategy so far.’
‘Igor Bimkowski Rossoni and Rafael Brunati Pereira da Silva had a proactive performance throughout the case. In addition, they demonstrate that they have great technical knowledge in the matters discussed and have been extremely successful in all our matters so far.’
‘After a long partnership with the real estate office, we hired Silveiro to work in the civil and litigation area. Igor Rossoni is responsible for the great work done. In addition to deep academic knowledge, Igor is also a thorough lawyer when discussing legal strategies (post and before litigation).’
‘The team is attentive and always very helpful. They provide cutting-edge advice.’
‘It is a state-of-the-art practice that works very quickly, efficiently and with a lot of knowledge of the facts, in matters of judicial and administrative litigation. Ricardo Borges Ranzolin and Igor Binkowski Rossoni are recommended.’
Banco Cooperativo SICREDI
BANRISUL – Banco do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul
Terra Santa Agro
Rio Bravo Investimentos
TMSA – Tecnologia em Movimentação
HT Micron Semicondutores
Faculdade de Campinas – FACAMP
- Represents Telefônica in various class actions arising from consumer-related issues in the state of Rio Grande do Sul.
- Representing H&F majority shareholders in a lawsuit in which the minority, due to alleged disloyalty, seeks compensatory damages.
- Representing Zaffari in a lawsuit discussing the right to vindicate the possession of a building located in Porto Alegre.
Vieira, Rezende, Barbosa e Guerreiro Advogados
Vieira, Rezende, Barbosa e Guerreiro Advogados undertakes work relating to litigation and arbitration, attracting engagements from domestic and international companies, pension funds and investment banks. Paulo Albert Weyland Vieira draws on his background as a corporate lawyer to handle complex corporate disputes. Marcos Serra Netto Fioravanti is not only adept in assisting clients with civil and commercial litigation, but also acts in arbitration in Brazil. Claudio Roberto Pieruccetti Marques excels in public law-related disputes.
Paulo Albert Weyland Vieira; Marcos Serra Netto Fioravanti; Claudio Roberto Pieruccetti Marques
Marine Production Systems do Brasil
BW Offshore do Brasil
Fundação Petros de Seguridade Social – PETROS
Unimed Petrópolis/RJ Cooperativa de Trabalho Médico
Belo Monte Transmissora de Energia SPE
Pirapora X Energias Renováveis
- Acting for Vale in a lawsuit filed by Brazilian & Braz, related to the alleged termination of a lease.
- Representing Belo Monte Transmissora de Energia in an indemnity action filed by Agropecuária Binotto.
- Defending Unimed, one of the largest private health insurance and medical services providers in Rio de Janeiro, in three lawsuits regarding tax debt.
WZ Advogados‘ ‘proactive and efficient team’ advises a balanced mix of domestic and foreign clients involved in litigation related to construction and real estate contracts, business transactions and trade law, among other areas. Vânia Wongtschowski is seasoned in both arbitration and litigation, and Marília Canto Gusso is singled out for her work in disputes pertaining to the energy, retail, construction and infrastructure sectors. Debt restructuring is an area of focus for Domingos Refinetti. Other noteworthy practitioners include Juliana Brotto de Barros Milaré, Maria Amélia Alves Araújo and recent hire Patrícia Lamaneres Binnie, who joined from Lobo de Rizzo Advogados in August 2021.
Vânia Wongtschowski; Marília Canto Gusso; Juliana Brotto de Barros Milaré; Maria Amélia Alves Araújo.; Domingos Refinetti
‘The technical quality of the services provided by the firm is what differentiates it from others in the national market.’
‘Vânia Wongtschowski stands out out due to her seniority and commitment to the Client.’
‘Proactive and efficient team.’
Alper Corretora De Seguros
BRF – Brasil Foods
BYD Shangluo CO
Capulho I Fundo De Investimento Em Direitos Creditórios Não Padronizados
EIT – EMPRESA Industrial Técnica
Mary Kay Do Brasil
Somos Sistema De Ensino
Sodexo Pass Do Brasil
T-Grão Cargo Terminal De Graneis
Vitória Química Tintas e Anticorrosivos
Worldpay Do Brasil Processamento de Pagamentos
- Acting for Braldecar Empreendimentos in a claim filed by Cosan Indústria e Comércio, Raízen Energia and Companhia de Gás de São Paulo – COMGÁS, through which the plaintiffs seek the termination of lease agreements executed with Braldecar.
- Representing Gerdau Aços Longos in a lawsuit involving allegedly predatory prices.
- Acting for Capulho I Fundo De Investimento Em Direitos Creditórios Não Padronizados in a case related to the recovery of credit involved in agricultural financing.
Corporate litigation is at the core of Almeida Advogados' dispute resolution practice, which acts for clients in court and administrative proceedings. Co-leader Andréa Seco has specialist knowledge in civil litigation and judicial reorganisations, and is well versed in disputes pertaining to the energy, automotive, transport, banking and retail sectors. Fellow practice head Henrique Carmona do Amaral devotes his practice to litigation and arbitration.
Andréa Seco; Henrique Carmona do Amaral
Paulista Saúde – Boston Medical Group
MSC Cruzeiros do Brasil
Bom Negócio Atividades de Internet (OLX)
Aerovias de México – Aeroméxico
Hughes Telecomunicações do Brasil
Aço Verde Gusa Nordeste
Stericycle Gestão Ambiental
Mahle Metal Leve
RJ Trading e Investimentos
- Filed several lawsuits on behalf of Boston Medical Group to prevent Google do Brasil Internet from selling ads that violate BMG’s trade mark and to seek indemnities for moral and material damage.
- Representing Bom Negócio Atividades de Internet (OLX), an online marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam, in a corporate and trade mark dispute.
- Defending Aeroméxico in a motion filed by the state prosecutor of São Paulo requesting Aeroméxico to buy lands near the Guarulhos Airport to plant trees and green areas as indemnity for the CO2 emissions caused by its planes.
Andrade Maia Advogados
Andrade Maia Advogados has a significant track record in litigation involving the technology, healthcare, automotive, telecom, retail and oil and gas sectors. Founding partner Júlio Cesar Goulart Lanes oversees the 'highly qualified and extremely engaged' team of partners and associates, which manage a substantial caseload and are 'well connected in the south region'. Otávio Luiz Verdi Motta is singled out for his experience in strategic lawsuits. Other names to note for litigation include Carolina de Azevedo Altafini Brody, Fábio Cardoso Machado and consumer law specialist Fabrício Costa Pozatti.
Júlio Cesar Goulart Lanes
‘Firm with excellent technical performance and well-connected in the South Region. Otávio Motta possesses strategic vision in litigation.’
‘A lot of quality and agility in service.’
‘The firm delivers excellent quality for exceptional value. Both partners and associates are highly qualified and extremely engaged in understanding clients’ business and needs. The team is proactive and usually responds very quickly. Even when performing with increased volume, the team maintains strategic-like quality in matter management.’
‘Andrade Maia’s main difference from its competitors is interest. The firm is mindful of client’s needs and business reality and focuses on delivering practical results.’
‘I understand that the main characteristic of the team is its strategic positioning and alignment with the client’s objectives.’
Uber Tecnologia do Brasil
Jaguar Land Rover
Construtora Queiroz Galvão
General Motors do Brasil
CIA Mutual de Seguros
- Acted for Uber Tecnologia do Brasil in a lawsuit filed by Partido NOVO to declare unconstitutional the city of Porto Alegre law nº 12.162/2016.
- Filed a a writ of mandamus on behalf of Construtora Queiroz Galvão against the act of Presidente da Comissão Permanente de Licitações, which authorised China Railway in the bidding for international competition no. 118/2016, of the city of Canoas/RS.
- Representing Refinaria de Petróleo Riograndense in a class action filed by the Rio Grande do Sul state prosecution concerning soil contamination.
Led by corporate litigation specialist Bruno Carriello, the dispute resolution team at Bocater, Camargo, Costa e Silva, Rodrigues Advogados has vast experience in handling cases before federal and state courts. Matters arising from corporate, capital markets, civil, tax and labour disputes are areas of specialism for the department, which also handles administrative litigation. Germano Rego Borges is also part of the core team.
‘The team has extensive legal knowledge on matters of interest to the client, being up-to-date on different topics and capable of promptly defending our interests. Unlike other firms, access to lawyers is easy. Bruno Carriello Rosa is recommended.’
‘Very synchronized group bringing diverse skills to the cases in question. Bruno Carrielo thinks outside of the box. ‘
‘The technical knowledge of its team makes this firm unique and the agility and precision with which the services are provided favours decision-making. I recommend Bruno Carrielo.’
Previ – Caixa de Previdência dos Funcionários do Banco do Brasil
Real Grandeza – Fundação de Previdência e Assistência Social
PETROS – Fundação Petrobras de Seguridade Social
Generali Brasil Seguros
Fator Corretora de Valores
Fundo de Recuperação de Ativos – Fundo de Investimentos em Direitos Creditórios
Fidc Brasil Plural Recuperação de Crédito
Socopa – Sociedade Corretora Paulista
Fundação de Seguridade Social Braslight
Fundação Atlântico de Seguridade Social
Fundação Forluminas de Seguridade Social – FORLUZ
Fundação de Seguridade Social da Arcellormittal Brasil – FUNSSEST
Fundação Assistencial dos Empregados da Cesan – FAECES
Brasco Logística OffShore
Fundação Vale do Rio Doce de Seguridade Social – VALIA
- Represents Eletrobras and its CEO and members of the board in lawsuits regarding the validity of the general shareholders’ meeting that decided the privatisation of six electrical energy distributors in several states of the north and northwest regions.
- Acts for Caixa de Previdência dos Funcionários do Banco do Brasil (PREVI) in judicial litigation of approximately 2,000 lawsuits discussing private pension contracts and labour contracts.
- Hired to file a partial dissolution lawsuit of Sendas Business Group in a R$200m case.
Domestic and foreign clients turn to Cascione Pulino Boulos Advogados for assistance with administrative proceedings and judicial disputes related to consumer rights, commercial agreements, IP and public law-related matters. In particular, public law disputes are a key area of activity for co-head Renato Moraes. Leonardo Espíndola and Tatiana Kauffmann also specialise in litigation, as well as alternative dispute resolution methods.
Renato Moraes; Leonardo Espíndola
‘I am always assisted in a very personal and close way. The involvement of partners in the day-to-day business is certainly a huge differential. All lawyers are very technical and always make me feel confident about the decisions made.’
‘Cascione is a firm of young people who bring creative and innovative solutions. Renato Moraes, the partner, is excellent. He has answers to all my questions and never leaves me unattended. He is present, involved and always makes me feel very secure.’
‘Tatiana Kauffmann accompanies me on a daily basis. An exceptional lawyer, she always answers me promptly, answers my questions correctly and it is evident that she understands a lot about the business.’
‘Very practical approach and high technical knowledge.’
‘Renato Moraes is an exceptional professional, always available and with extensive technical knowledge.’
Itafos Mineração e Fertilizantes
Raízen Araraquara Açúcar e Álcool
Log-In Logística Intermodal
Som Maior Áudio e Vídeo
Weener Indústria Plástica
Starboard Restructuring Partners
Logitecth do Brasil Comercio de Acessoria de Informática
Banco Santander (Brasil)
PDV Loteamento e Empreendimentos Imobiliários
PVH Brasil projetos renováveis
Sherwin-Williams do Brasil Indústria e Comércio
The Valspar Corporation
Caixa Econômica Federal
Euro Pneus Comercial
Beta 48 Incorporação
Dover Fueling Solutions
- Acted for Sumisho Aero Engine Lease as claimant seeking the repossession of an aircraft engine leased to Avianca Brasil, which is in judicial recovery.
- Acting for JP Miguel Engenharia in a collection claim regarding fees owed to a former engineer in charge of maintenance and renovation of residential and commercial properties in São Paulo.
- Represented Beta 48 Incorporação in an execution claim filed by Rejo Participações Eirel seeking payment due to an alleged breach of a purchase and sale real estate property agreement.
Dias Carneiro Advogados is instructed by clients from an array of industries, including banking, construction, energy, life sciences, agribusiness and insurance. Led by 'excellent litigator' Antonio Nachif and the highly regarded Laura Mendes Bumachar - whose areas of expertise cover restructuring and insolvency, litigation and arbitration - the department is particularly active in corporate and commercial disputes. The team was recently strengthened by the arrival of Álvaro Brito Arantes from Muriel Medici Franco Advogados.
Laura Mendes Bumachar; Antonio Nachif
‘Dias Carneiro’s team is experienced and knows the industry very well. The litigation team always presents viable and reasonable strategies. Antonio Nachif has great technical knowledge.’
‘Knowledge of the subject. Antonio Nachif is an excellent litigator, closely monitors the processes that he is responsible for and is always available for any meetings or clarifications.’
‘The litigation team has a high technical capacity to act in complex cases. Excellent service. Antônio Nachif is recommended.’
Arcadia Commodities Trading Limited
Brasil Plural – Banco Múltiplo
Control Union Brasil
Emsenhuber Advogados Associados
Interpart Planej. de Negócios Empresariais
Oracle do Brasil Sistemas
Raízen Combustíveis Group
Riot Games Serviços
Schneider Electric Brasil
Dental Cremer Produtos Odontológicos
OLX Atividades de Internet
- Representing Solairedirect in a civil class action concerning alleged environmental damages related to the installation of an energy plant.
- Represented one of the main platforms for digital prescriptions that emerged during the Covid-19 pandemic, Memed, in a civil investigation concerning consumer rights, which was dismissed and shelved in 2020.
- Represented technology company VivaReal Internet in several lawsuits concerning Brazilian internet law, which were ruled favourably to the client in 2020.
Duarte Garcia, Serra Netto e Terra Advogados
Duarte Garcia, Serra Netto e Terra Advogados' dispute resolution group is well placed to act on behalf of companies in a range of sectors and public figures in litigation. Its recent caseload includes cases involving environmental claims, contractual issues and real estate-related disputes, illustrating the team's broad capabilities in these and other areas. Mario Sergio Duarte Garcia is counsel of choice for many construction companies. He leads the practice with Daniel Gustavo Magnane Sanfins, who focuses on civil proceedings and digital law. Wilson de Toledo Silva Junior is another contact for judicial litigation.
Mario Sergio Duarte Garcia; Daniel Gustavo Magnane Sanfins
‘Very well structured firm, excellent customer service, and its professionals, in addition to solid legal knowledge, are extremely dedicated and focused on seeking the best result and client satisfaction.’
‘Daniel Sanfins is an excellent professional and is always available to guide the client in the search for the best result.’
‘The firm has a range of extremely technical professionals, who are very well prepared to solve problems. They are open to suggestions and think completely outside the box.’
‘Daniel Sanfins is extremely accessible, highly technically trained, and extremely strategic.’
‘Duarte Garcia, Serra Netto and Terra combines legal understanding with attention and dedication to clients.’
Home Health Fornecimento de Insfraestrutura de Apoio e Assistência ao Paciente no Domicílio
Metrus – Instituto de Seguridade Social
São Carlos Empreendimentos e Participações
Atena – Tecnologias em Energia Natural
Copersucar – Cooperativa de Produtores de Cana-de-Açúcar, Açúcar e Álcool do Estado de São Paulo
- Acted for Parcom Participações in filing a civil lawsuit against Telefônica Brasil, claiming compensation for dividends that were not paid to the client.
- Represents Metrus Instituto de Seguridade Social, a pension fund institute for the employees of the subway company that serves the city of São Paulo (São Paulo Metro) in a lawsuit filed by a human resources company.
- Represents Capital Construções e Dragagens, a well-known civil engineering company, in a lawsuit filed against a public bank, claiming the termination of a contract entered into by the parties.
Elias, Matias Advogados
With particular strength in the real estate sector, Elias, Matias Advogados provides comprehensive assistance to clients in the context of civil and commercial litigation. Consumer law and credit recovery are notable areas of expertise for the team. Carla Maluf Elias and Rubens Carmo Elias Filho are names to note in the team; both are well versed in real estate litigation.
Rubens Carmo Elias Filho; Carla Maluf Elias
‘The firm’s opinions and guidelines substantially contribute to decision-making in companies and provide comfort as to the paths to be followed.’
‘Rubens Carmo Elias Filho is the leader in the real estate area at the firm and his technical knowledge is exceptional.’
‘Legal knowledge well above average. Rubens Elias has great technical expertise.’
Spraying Systems Do Brasil
Spectrum Brands Brasil Industria e Comercio De Bens De Consumo
Construal Desenvolvimento Urbano
Your Route Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento
HSR Specialist Researchers
Santos Salles Empreendimentos e Participações
Cyrela Brazil Realty Empreendimentos e Participações
Crane Worldwide Logística Do Brasil
Francal Feiras e Empreendimentos
Zangari Administração De Bens
Casa Grande Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Predial Cherem Empreendimentos
- Acted for Construtora TS-R in various civil suits regarding agreements signed between the client, as a consumer, and companies that supply elevators and related equipment, parts and services.
- Representing Your Route Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento and HSR Specialist Researchers in an intellectual property lawsuit involving unfair competition and improper use of software.
- Hired by Santos Salles Empreendimentos e Participações to act in several civil and corporate lawsuits related to the sale of shares and disclaimer of warranties, due to non-compliance by the new shareholders.
Based in Mato Grosso do Sul, Ernesto Borges Advogados is equipped to assist clients in individual and collective lawsuits related to insurance, banking, corporate and consumer law. Rodrigues de Oliveira Castro Bernardo focuses on civil litigation and acts for large companies operating in Brazil. Walberto Laurindo de Oliveira Filho, who excels in insurance claims, is highly regarded.
Bernardo Rodrigues de Oliveira Castro; Walberto Laurindo de Oliveira Filho
‘I believe that the firm’s portfolio is attractive to companies like us that operate in the energy sector, because of the recognition of professionals in the market, and the quality of the service provided. Walberto Laurindo de Oliveira Filho is recommended.’
‘Diversified practice in mass litigation, but also assists with strategic disputes. Walberto Laurindo de Oliveira Filho is great.’
CESP – Comphania Energética de São Paulo
- Acted for Banco Bradesco in a lawsuit seeking the extension of rural credit notes and the decommissioning of the guarantee of the rural property related to fiduciary alienation.
- Representing Banco Cetelem in a public civil action promoted by the public ministry of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul against the client.
- Representing Banco Cetelem in an action filed against the client to declare void a payroll loan agreement.
Covering advice on civil, administrative and commercial litigation, Gasparini, Nogueira de Lima e Barbosa Advogados acts for an impressive domestic and international client roster. Ana Lygia Tannus Giacometti's areas of specialism include tort, insurance claims, consumer rights, and contractual and corporate disputes, and Maysa Abrahão Tavares Verzola, who has notable experience in judicial and administrative proceedings, is also highly regarded. They lead the team alongside Pedro Paulo Wendel Gasparini, who receives plaudits from clients for his 'extensive experience in civil litigation'.
Pedro Paulo Wendel Gasparini; Maysa Abrahão Tavares Verzola; Ana Lygia Tannus Giacometti
‘It is a full service office with a wide range of activities in the civil litigation area. The partners are attentive and helpful in judicial proceedings or arbitration. There is direct contact with partners throughout cases.’
‘Pedro Paulo Wendel Gasparini is attentive and has extensive experience in civil litigation. Maysa Abrahão Tavares Verzola is an assertive professional with experience in strategic civil cases and arbitration. Ana Lygia Tannus Giacometti is an experienced professional with a strong presence in civil litigation.’
‘We strongly recommend the work of partner Maysa Verzola, who helped us with important cases.’
‘The partner Maysa Verzola has technical and refined knowledge of civil law matters. She is very clear in her position, making it easier for the client to understand.’
‘GNLB Associados is a unique law firm in advising and assisting their clients in Dispute Resolution. Pedro Paulo Gasparini has a brilliant mind. Maysa Abrahão Tavares Verzola is also recommended.’
AMC Serviços Educacionais
Camargo Corrêa Infra
Giorgio Armani Brasil
Siemens Healthcare Diagnósticos
Metso Brazil Indústria E Comércio
Iron Mountain do Brasil
Espólio de Cecília de Almeida Prado Amaral
- Representing Iron Mountain in a claim to contest a tender launched by Petrobras for a contract to provide specialised filing services, which was awarded to SOS Tecnologia e Gestão da Informação.
- Representing Top Service as plaintiff in a lawsuit filed against Araucária Nitrogenados – ANSA, a Petrobras subsidiary, seeking compensation for the loss suffered during the performance of a contract.
- Assisted Camargo Correa to obtain a judicial decision authorising the transport of employees from several construction sites to Florianópolis airport to send them home due to the suspension of activities triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Justen, Pereira, Oliveira & Talamini Advogados
Justen, Pereira, Oliveira & Talamini Advogados is popular among public and private sector clients seeking representation in litigation involving public law and government entities. Commercial disputes also feature on the team's caseload, which is predominantly populated by contentious matters related to government contracts, PPPs and concessions. 'Standout professionals' Eduardo Talamini and André Guskow Cardoso - who are based in Curitiba - oversee the litigation practice.
Eduardo Talamini; André Guskow Cardoso
‘The team has in-depth knowledge of administrative law and uses this knowledge intelligently in strategic litigation. The team is diligent, efficient and thorough in its approach to disputes and creative in proposing solutions. In our opinion, the firm represents the gold standard in complex legal disputes in the area of public law.’
‘Excellent technical capacity. Standout professionals include Eduardo Talamini and André Guskow Cardoso.’
‘Quality of service. Involvement and commitment of partners and associates. Knowledge at the highest level.’
Federação das Empresas de Transporte de Passageiros dos Estados do Paraná e Santa Catarina (Fepasc)
Rumo Malha Sul
Terminal de Contêineres de Paranaguá – TCP
J. Malucelli Energia
SETPESC – Sindicato Das Empresas De Transporte Rodoviários De Passageiros No Estado De Santa Catarina
Transporte Coletivo Pérola do Oeste
SINTERJ – Sindicato Das Empresas De Transportes Rodoviários Intermunicipais Do Estado Do Rio De Janeiro
- Represents FEPASC in several administrative procedures and lawsuits regarding the validity of the current concessions and the concessionaires’ right to financial compensation for all the losses resulting from certain acts of the government.
- Represents Terminal de Contêineres de Paranaguá – TCP in several disputes at the Federal Court of Audit, the Federal Public Ministry (Prosecutor’s Office) and Federal Courts.
- Represents BRK Ambiental in several lawsuits in order to ensure and enforce a public water supply and sewerage management public contract’s rules.
Marchini Botelho Caselta Advogados
Providing preventive and litigation services, Marchini Botelho Caselta Advogados excels in antitrust, corporate, environmental and public law-related litigation. The team is also prepared to represent clients before regulatory agencies and in judicial reorganisations. Aurélio Marchini Santos is regarded for his work in 'the most complex cases', acting before state and federal courts. He oversees the practice with Daniel Costa Caselta, who brings together experience in litigation, arbitration and mediation. The team was reinforced by the arrival of Martim Della Valle from his own boutique firm in September 2020; he possesses a notable track record in arbitration and as a compliance advisor.
Aurélio Marchini Santos; Daniel Costa Caselta
‘Marchini Botelho Caselta Advogados combines expertise in competition and corporate law with well-designed litigation strategies, acting in the judicial and administrative fronts.’
‘Aurélio Marchini has, in addition to the usual experience and competence, the rare quality of listening to the client and adapting legal solutions to the most complex cases.’
‘Great technical knowledge. Daniel Caselta and Aurelio Marchini are excellent lawyers.’
White Martins Gases Industriais
John Deere do Brasil
Atem’s Distribuidora de Petróleo
Associação Cemitérios Privados de São Paulo – ACEMBRA
Sindicato dos Cemitérios e Crematórios Particulares do Brasil – SINCEP
Elemidia Consultoria e Serviços de Marketing
O Estado de S. Paulo
Technip Operadora Portuária
Terminal Portuário de Angra dos Reis
Omega Desenvolvimento de Energia
Electrolux do Brasil
Amar Assistência em Seguros
- Acted for FNS in two claims against a public-owned company to seek damages and specific performance of the obligation of repairing defects on rails and sleepers on FNS’s railway track.
- Represented Ultrafértil in several claims to ensure the continuity of the construction of a confined aquatic disposal cell.
- Advised White Martins in a lawsuit to annul a R$1.76bn fine imposed by CADE.
Monteiro de Castro e Setoguti Advogados
Monteiro de Castro e Setoguti Advogados attracts instructions from a range of domestic and international clients. Civil litigation, corporate disputes and court-supervised reorganisations are key specialisms for the team, which is led by Guilherme Setoguti and Rodrigo Monteiro de Castro, both of whom are active in contentious matters involving contractual issues, corporate and business law.
Guilherme Setoguti; Rodrigo Monteiro de Castro
Rádio E Televisão Bandeirantes
Rádio E Televisão Bandeirantes Do Rio De Janeiro
Construcap – CCPS – Engenharia e Comércio
Tsc Juazeiro Shopping Center
Tenco Shopping Centers
Shoppings Do Brasil Investimentos e Participações
Regida Empreendimentos e Participações
GGHI Negócios Imobiliários Participações
Multiner and 2007 Participações
Brasilinvest Empreendimentos e Participações
Toscana Desenvolvimento Urbano
Boulder Empreendimentos e Participações
B2S Invest Participações
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Consultores
Hot Biscuits Participações
Agrinlog Ciência Ambiental
Nobel Nove Transportes e Combustível
- Acted for TV Bandeirantes in the lawsuit proposed by two of its shareholders requesting the dismissal of the company’s CEO.
- Represents three businessmen in the agricultural industry in relation to a public lawsuit for administrative improbity acts filed by the Public Prosecutor Office against the National Bank for Economic and Social Development (BNDES).
- Represented Regida Empreendimentos e Participações in a lawsuit filed by one of Apsen’s minority shareholders claiming that Regida, a major shareholder, must be prevented from voting in Apsen’s general meeting to approve the accounts because its partners are also Apsen’s directors.
Ulhôa Canto, Rezende e Guerra Advogados possesses 'vast experience in civil litigation' and is perhaps best known for the contentious work it undertakes on behalf of energy clients. Marcelo Beltrão da Fonseca heads up the group, which has expanded its service offering and has seen an increase in work from financial services, telecoms and real estate companies in relation to commercial and corporate disputes.
Marcelo Beltrão da Fonseca
‘Legal knowledge and vast experience in civil litigation. Marcelo Fonseca is excellent.’
Eletropaulo Metropolitana Eletricidade de São Paulo
Light Serviços de Eletricidade
Alliance Sonae Shopping Centers
Banco Santander (Brasil)
CESP- Companhia Energética de São Paulo
Hotelaria AccorInvest Brasil
L.B.K.S.P.E. Empreendimentos e Participações
DME Distribuição- DMED
Associação dos Aposentados Participantes de Eletros- APEL
- Acting for Enel Distribuição in connection with a lawsuit filed by Eletropaulo to suspend and declare null and void an administrative order by the ANEEL to recalculate Eletropaulo’s past tariffs.
- Acted for Braskem in filing a lawsuit to seek compensation for loss and damages caused by the February 2011 northeast region blackout.
- Provided legal assistance to Votorantim in connection with real estate litigation involving a private environmental preservation area owned by the client.