Labour in Brazil
Rossi, Maffini, Milman & Grando Advogados enjoys a strong profile in the Porto Alegre market for its specialist expertise in labour law. The practice provides comprehensive support to leading Brazilian companies from a variety of industries, including healthcare and construction, in relation to judicial lawsuits before labour courts, as well as indemnity claims in the context of workplace accidents. On the non-contentious front, the team advises on employment contracts, remuneration policies and due diligence procedures. Managing partner Benoni Canellas Rossi leads the labour group.
‘Committed team which works to solve clients’ problems in an efficient manner. Lawyers are always available.’
‘Partners are qualified professionals who are directly involved in matters. Benoni Rossi, Rafel Maffini and Felipe Grando are recommended.’
BRDE – Banco Regional de Desevolvimento do Extremo Sul
Saint Gobain do Brasil Prod Inds e Para Construcao
Gremio Football Porto Alegrense
Xerox Comercio e Industria
Ajuris – Associacao dos Juizes do Rio Grande do Sul
Amvian Industria e Comercio de Pecas Automotivas
Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao
SPE Holding Beira Rio – BRIO
Cristalia Proistalia Productos Quimicos Farmaceuticos
- Represented BRDE- Banco Regional de Desenvolvimento do Extremo Sul in an action related to a dismissal of an employee.
- Represented Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceição in a claim filed by four doctors, claiming the payment of a 70% monthly gratification, transfer of working hours and the creation of a retirement fund.
- Represented Medabil Industria em Sistemas Construtivos in an action in which the claimant claimed for additional hours and immaterial damages.
- Acted for Cristália Produtos Químicos Farmaceuticos in a labour lawsuit reducing the contingency in a total of 99.5%.
Souto Correa Advogados has a strong profile in labour litigation, acting for companies in the dismissal of senior executives, class actions filed by unions and indemnification lawsuits for occupational accidents and diseases. On the advisory front, the team is adept at assisting with internal policies, due diligence, codes of conduct, transfer and dismissal of foreign employees and collective bargaining. The group is spearheaded by Joel Gallo and Patricia Alves, who sit in the São Paulo office, and Porto Alegre-based Paulo Roberto Souto, who is noted for his stellar work in relation to the management of strikes and collective dismissals. Eduardo Mascarenhas possesses a strong track record acting before the Superior Labour Courts, while Geraldo Korpaliski Filho is a name to note for non-contentious employment matters.
Lenovo Tecnologia do Brasil
Dell Computadores do Brasil
Santo Antônio Energia
Abbott Laboratórios do Brasil
Kodak Brasileira Comércio de Produtos Para Imagem e Serviços
Santos Brasil Participações
Vogel Soluções em Telecomunicações e Informática
- Represented Fraport and HTBM in avoiding a strike by 250 employees in the airport.
- Assisting Semeato Implementos Agrícolas in the restructuring of labour debts, involving a total amount of approximately R$70m.
CMT – Carvalho, Machado e Timm Advogados
With experience in labour consultancy, litigation and preventive strategies, CMT – Carvalho, Machado e Timm Advogados is sought after by clients operating in an array of sectors, including agribusiness, pharmaceuticals, technology, banking and construction. The group's service offering covers public civil actions, individual and collective labour claims and civil investigations. Natalia Schnaider Serro Mies, who combines expertise in non-contentious matters and employment litigation, oversees the department, which includes key associate Michele Bertoletti.
John Deere Brasil
PPG Industrial do Brasil (Revocoat)
Parker Hannifin Indústria e Comércio
- Represents John Deere Brasil in a claim filed by a former employee who had a position of trust and is suing for a significant amount as indemnification.
- Representing Mundial in a claim filed by a plaintiff claiming overtime pay for the period in which he acted as the company’s legal coordinator.
Scalzilli Althaus Chimelo Spohr Advogados
Scalzilli Althaus Chimelo Spohr Advogados offers comprehensive advice to clients in the defence of labour lawsuits, with a special emphasis on matters arising in the real estate sector. Areas of activity for the department include collective bargaining, infraction notices and contingency plans. Marcelo Scalzilli's experience covers conflict mediation with labour unions and HR management issues. Scalzilli heads the practice group alongside Veronica Althaus, Gabriele Chimelo and Ingrid Spohr. Labour procedural law is an area of expertise for Andreia Guerin; Greice Feier focuses on labour and social security law.
Goldsztein Cyrela Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Atlantic Sistemas de Informação
Pronto Ducati Consultoria De Imóveis
Lps Sul Consultoria De Imóveis
Brasil Brokers Participações
- Defended Goldsztein Cyrela Empreendimentos Imobiliários in a labour claim filed by a real estate broker who claimed the recognition of an employment bond and alleged management position.
- Defended Tlantic Sistemas de Informação in a labour lawsuit in which the plaintiff claimed recognition of an employment bond.
- Acted for Brasil Brokers Participações in a claim filed by a realtor against a large real estate company in the Brazilian market.
- Defended LPS SUL in a claim filed by an intern.
The labour and employment practice at Silveiro Advogados provides legal support to companies from the retail, media, steel and construction sectors, among others, in relation to individual and collective dismissals, occupational diseases and accidents, employment contracts as well as due diligence in the context of M&A transactions. Team leader Guilherme Guimarães' experience in the field spans more than two decades. Larissa Salgado is a key contact for telecoms and retail clients.
Lins Ferrão Artigos do Vestuário
Gerdau Aços Longos e Gerdau
Zanc Cobrança e Zanc Serviços Empresariais
Taurus Armas e Taurus Helmets
CMPC – Celulose Riograndense
Companies acting in a range of industry segments, including petrochemicals, mining, manufacturing and energy, seek TozziniFreire Advogados' assistance in labour matters. The team is skilled at advising on compensation, employment contracts, profit-sharing plans and flexible benefits; it is also well equipped to represent clients in contentious matters. The practice is jointly led by Roberto Pierri Bersch and Maurício de Carvalho Góes, who are noted for litigation.
‘TozziniFreire Advogados has a strong team, which is experienced and able to support our needs on diverse aspects, such as labour matters.’
‘The team is very knowledgeable and provides excellent advice in a timely manner. Their ability to think outside the box and find alternatives in complex and challenging situations makes them stand out from other firms.’
‘Roberto Pierri Bersch and Maurício de Carvalho Góes are thorough, pragmatic and pleasant to work with. They have great depth of knowledge with substantial practical experience.’
‘Rafael Saltz Gensas also stands out as he is a bright and very responsive lawyer.’
Foxter Cia Imobiliária
Fras-Le Kavo Kerr
Prometeon Tyre Group
Radio e Tv Bandeirantes
- Assisted Pirelli Pneus with negotiations with the company’s employee union to establish a voluntary severance programme.
- Advised Braskem on the implementation of a new policy that favours settlements in certain lawsuits filed by former employees of the company.