Commercial, corporate and M&A in Brazil
Souto Correa Advogados' corporate department balances a mixed workload of M&A, day-to-day corporate matters and corporate governance. The firm is a top choice for domestic and international companies seeking assistance in corporate transactions, shareholder agreements and related due diligence procedures. On the contractual front, the team is often retained to advise on the negotiation of commercial agreements, often in the context of construction projects and distribution contracts. In addition, it draws upon the expertise of practitioners in other departments to advise on bankruptcy, real estate, agribusiness and timberland investments. Gilberto Deon Corrêa Júnior, who focuses on business and insolvency law, co-heads the group with Fernanda Girardi Tavares, whose specialisms include commercial, infrastructure and technology agreements. Other key contacts include Carlos Souto and Luis Felipe Spinelli.
Ecovix Construções Oceânicas
Refinaria de Petróleo Riograndense
Lenovo Tecnologia (Brasil)
Medabil Soluções Construtivas
- Advised SLC Participações on the acquisition of 100% of the shares held by Erasmo Carlos Battistella in Lavoro Máquinas Agrícolas.
- Provided legal assistance to Rincão Energia in setting up a hydroelectric power plant in south Brazil, advising on the contractual, tax, environmental and real estate aspects.
- Engaged by ABB, one of the three largest manufacturers of electrical equipment in the world, to support on the legal aspects of the implementation of ABB’s online marketplace.
The Porto Alegre office of TozziniFreire Advogados is a go-to destination for Southern Brazilian companies involved in major transactions and cross-border corporate transactions. The practice is best known for its expertise in M&A and corporate restructurings, but also demonstrates strength in capital markets, contractual matters and compliance. Its diverse client list operates in a range of industries, including technology, food and beverage, financial services and healthcare. Contract law expert Luis Renato Ferreira da Silva oversees the team alongside dual-qualified Maria Bofill, whose areas of expertise include M&A, private equity and foreign investment. Daniel Born Roman is another name to note in the department.
Banrisul – Banco do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul
Sinergy Novas Mídias Ltda.
The United States of America Embassy in Brasilia
Sodexo do Brasil Comercial
Parus Alimentação e Facilities
- Advised Adelle Indústria de Alimentos on the sale of a pork processing plant located in the State of Rio Grande do Sul to Seara Alimentos.
- Assisted Geremia Redutores in the sale of Geremia Redutores, a Brazil-based manufacturer of gearboxes, speed gear motors, speed multipliers and components for mechanical transmission to WEG-Cestari.
- Advised NorthCapital Holding on the acquisition of Belmont Mineração, an emerald mining company.
- Legal assistance to Thyssenkrupp Elevadores and its shareholders in a wide range of corporate matters, including foreign investment and an analysis on the company’s transformation.
- Assisting Timac Agro Indústria e Comércio De Fertilizantes on its innovation initiative and its investment in bioengineering startup Regenera Biotecnologia.
CMT – Carvalho, Machado e Timm Advogados
Commercial agreements, corporate restructurings and cross-border transactions are at the core of the corporate practice at CMT – Carvalho, Machado e Timm Advogados. The team is noted for offering comprehensive advice in contractual matters involving distribution, agency and franchise agreements, as well as construction projects. Banking and financing work are among the other areas of activity for the team, which is led by Rafael Bicca Machado. Giordano Andrei dos Santos is another name to note.
‘Lawyers are diligent and helpful. Rafael Bicca Machado is an outstanding lawyer. He is always available to give the best legal advice and solve clients’ problems.’
- Represented Empresas Randon, through its subsidiary Master Sistemas Automotivos, in its acquisition of Ferrari Indústria Metalúrgica.
- Advised BriviaDEZ, a digital agency headquartered in the State of Rio Grande do Sul, on the acquisition of A2C Comunicação.
Silveiro Advogados is a traditional player in the commercial, corporate and M&A market in the region of Rio Grande do Sul, routinely advising on M&A, real estate, capital markets transactions, financing and restructuring. Cross-border projects and matters involving investment funds also feature on the group's caseload. Department head Pedro Chagas is proficient in private equity, venture capital and foreign investment. M&A and succession planning are notable fields of practice for André Silveiro, while Vasco Maestri Trindade specialises in commercial and business law. Daniel Báril leads on bankruptcy matters, and Bruno Cunha is noted for real estate issues and corporate law.
HT Micron Semicondutores
- Assisted Kwitko Participações e Assessoria Imobiliária in the acquisition of Hotel Plaza Catedral from I Deon Incorporadora e Construtora.
- Advising Frusapar on the implementation of a succession plan for two holding companies.
- Advised Enveritas, a non-profit US corporation with international operations in over ten countries, on the incorporation of a subsidiary association in Brazil.
- Assisted Alibem with the revision of all corporate acts of its subsidiary AGRA.
Veirano Advogados' Porto Alegre office has a solid corporate and M&A practice, with a particularly strong track record in buyer-side mandates. Clients operate in a wide range of industries, including agribusiness, financial services, renewable energy and education. Corporate restructuring, joint venture agreements and international commercial contracts are other areas of expertise for the practice, which is under the leadership of Fernando Verzoni, who brings broad experience in cross-border transactions and foreign investment. Diego Fraga Lerner is well versed in real estate and commercial agreements. Fernanda Fossati is another name to note.
Refinaria de Petróleo Riograndense
Canasia Australia Pty
BSBios Indústria e Comércio de Biodiesel Sul Brasil
Frutarom do Brasil Indústria
Metasa Indústria Metalúrgica
IMA Schelling Brazil Manutenção de Máquinas
Inovyo Inteligência de Mercado
- Advising EBC Group on the structuring and development of the Omega Green project, a $800m plant that will produce renewable diesel and synthetic paraffinic kerosene.
- Represented Borrachas Vipal in the acquisition of 51% of Marangoni Tread North America.
- Represented Metasa in the sale of a 20% stake in the company to GB Corp.
- Assisting ABRAPA in the negotiation of a share purchase agreement for the acquisition of a company based in Singapore.