Eversheds Sutherland > Düsseldorf, Germany > Firm Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Offices
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Press Releases
- Comparative Guides
- Legal Briefings
Eversheds Sutherland > The Legal 500 RankingsEversheds Sutherland is regularly instructed by DAX30 companies, large corporations and executive bodies on corporate law issues and cooperates frequently with the firm's tax and dispute resolution practice. Led by Christof Lamberts, the group advises on restructuring, joint ventures and corporate governance issues as well as compliance matters and liability disputes. Christian Mense is a key contact for the M&A and capital markets interface. The team has industry-specific expertise in automotive, manufacturing, technology, energy as well as healthcare.
‘Excellent, forward-looking project and cost planning, even if different departments and offices (also internationally) are involved.’
‘Economic, comprehensive approach; Look beyond the legal horizon. Understanding of company or group-internal processes.’
‘The team has a very broad range of expertise and works in a very solution-oriented and economically viable manner. Every issue could be clarified and different solutions were always shown, in order to then go together with the most feasible way for the client. In addition, the team always reacted adequately and satisfactorily to short-term problems.’
‘All contacts were always available and very committed, even after the project was completed. All goals were met to our complete satisfaction, which is why we are happy to recommend the law firm.’
‘With the help of the good cooperation, the organization and the professional advice, the general meeting was very successful and took place to the satisfaction of everyone involved. Even for short-term problems, solutions could always be found. The human and professional cooperation with the partners was consistently pleasant, friendly and professionally unobjectionable.’
All for One Group SE
Allegion (Trelock, Kryptonite)
Hanwha Q Cells
- Advising All for One Group SE on the conversion of its legal form from a German to a European stock corporation (Societas Europaea, SE).
- Advice to the CEWE Foundation on the virtual general meeting.
- Advising a semiconductor company on the international spin-off of a business unit.
‘The team consisted of Max Findeisen and Anthony Cross. They worked very well together, helped by Anthony’s qualifications in the UK and Germany.’
‘Max Findeisen is an excellent business lawyer and very practical. Being less used to civil contracts, he gave sound advice on where we should and shouldn’t agree.’
‘It was very reassuring that Anthony Cross is qualified in both Germany and the UK as the contracts are in English but governed by German law.’
‘One-stop-shop for all major areas of law relevant to transactions. Good networking between the offices.’
‘Michael Prüßner: Pragmatic consulting approach. Very good client perspective due to in-house GC experience. Knows what matters.’
Norges Bank Investment Management
- Advising Norges Bank Investment Management on the acquisition of 50% of the offshore wind farms Borssele 1 and 2 in the Netherlands from the Danish energy group Ørsted for around €1.38 billion.
- Advising Reconomy on the takeover of the German Reverse Logistics Group and Duales System Noventiz.
- Advising Shell on the takeover of the charging infrastructure provider Ubitricity from the shareholders, including Heinz Dürr Invest, the Siemens subsidiary Next47, Honda, EDF and earlybird.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very responsive. Experienced lawyers and very competitive fees. ‘
‘Very friendly, good turnaround, generally very reliable and always high-performing.’
Modine Manufacturing Company
MTS Systems Corp.
Special Olympics Deutschland
Toyota Motor Credit Corporation
- Advising crypto stock exchange Coinbase in connection with the awarding of the first BaFin license for proprietary trading and crypto custody in Germany.
- Advising a manufacturer-dependent financial service provider in the automotive sector on an international IT compliance and data protection matter involving several European countries.
- Advising several companies from the industrial and technology sectors on how to respond to cyber attacks.
Other key lawyers:
‘We work with Eversheds exclusively in real estate financing. The team works through processes very correctly and is always master of the processes. As a customer, this reliability enables us to use our capacities elsewhere.’
‘Thomas Ziegler negotiates financing documents very emphatically and his leadership through the financing enables us to leave processes completely to Eversheds at any time.’
‘Eversheds is characterized by professional competence, extraordinarily high responsiveness and targeted consulting services. In this way, our interests are efficiently pursued and maximized.’
‘Thomas Ziegler is extremely responsive and provides professional, competent and goal-oriented advice. In this way, with Mr. Ziegler, we are able to optimize the results of negotiations and secure our legal positions.’
AXA Investment Managers
- Advising Finch Properties on a joint venture with Partners Group on the sale of the Golden House in Frankfurt to DIC Asset.
- Advising an investment fund company on a forward asset deal for the acquisition of a property for senior living.
- Advising an investment manager on the financing of the acquisition of several logistics properties in Europe.
‘Great competence in drafting distribution agreements.’
‘Thanks to his own in-house experience, Hellert can empathize with the client’s needs.’
Leica Geosystems/ Hexagon
- Advising Aspen Pharma on the sale of its European thrombosis business to Mylan.
- Advising Ineos on the free distribution of disinfectants to German clinics during the Covid 19 crisis.
- Advising Veoneer on the sale of driver assistance systems for autonomous driving and on strategic projects with German car manufacturers.
Germany > Employment Tier 4Eversheds Sutherland handles all individual and collective employment law issues, including regular cooperations with other practices such as corporate and M&A, data protection and restructuring. Taskforces, joining experts from across its German and international offices, routinely cover cross-border instructions on mergers, restructurings and business transfers. Practice head Frank Achilles also focuses on cross-border project support, while Rolf Kowanz is a renowned expert for matters pertaining to occupational pension schemes. The client portfolio consists mainly of large international corporations, including the healthcare and life sciences, automotive, consumer goods and technology sectors.
‘Even complex topics are quickly grasped, reduced to the essentials and carefully introduced to possible solutions. Legal formalities limited to what is necessary. Good practice look.’
‘Bernd Pirpamer: Very experienced, safe, prudent, pleasantly practice-oriented; grasps the topics very quickly and gives possible solutions without losing sight of special features. Leaves room for your own. Elegant legal advice.’
‘Mr. Bernd Pirpamer: Very confident, competent and goal-oriented appearance. Solution-oriented.’
‘Professional competence, friendly, available until late in the evening, flexible in making appointments – a call to discuss matters is also possible in the evening.’
‘The cooperation is great.’
- Advising Aspen Pharma in connection with the €642 million sale of the European thrombosis business to the US pharmaceutical company Mylan.
- Support of a global energy management group in the negotiation of a reconciliation of interests and a social plan in connection with the closure of a German site with simultaneous production relocation to Romania.
- Employment law advice to a leading global semiconductor manufacturer in connection with the worldwide carve-out of a business unit.
‘Very practical approach, very good understanding of processes in companies, very high level of professional competence, precision and availability with a very good feeling for specific and practicable solutions.’
‘We mainly work with Magdalena Kotyrba, she has a very good client orientation, is very pragmatic and very good at communication.’
Archer Daniels Midland
- Longstanding international advice to INEOS, including on regulatory and technical requirements for biocides in Germany and on labeling requirements.
- Advising Otsuka on a strategically important and global collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Medical Research Institute and as further cooperation partners Evotec as well as the international pharmaceutical companies GlaxoSmithKline and Johnson & Johnson.
- Advising Owens & Minor, the listed US pharmaceutical wholesaler, on the sale of the pharmaceutical logistics group Movianto to the French EHDH Holding Group as well as ongoing regulatory and contractual issues.
‘Global presence was very helpful as multiple jurisdictions were involved.’
‘Stephan von Marschall: Great competence, communication and great service. You feel taken seriously.’
Wolff & Müller
- Advising and representing Burger King in distribution law disputes, among other matters.
- Advising and representing the British Financial Services Compensation Scheme in connection with the insolvency of the German Property Group.
- Advising a German semiconductor manufacturer in connection with allegedly defective car chips.
GE Renewables Energy
- Advising Johnson Controls on the defense against a recourse claim.
- Advising a US industrial company on securing insurance coverage for a product recall in the automotive sector.
- Advising an industrial company on securing insurance coverage after a product damage event.
‘ Very client-friendly team that combines pragmatic and entrepreneurial advice with legal expertise.’
‘ Tobias Maier is very responsive, thinks economically and quickly finds solutions. ‘
Kering Group (Gucci, Brioni, Pomellato etc.)
Leonine (Tele München Gruppe)
- Advising Otsuka Novel Products on contract negotiations, including the distribution of IP usage rights and licenses.
- Comprehensive advice to Leonine, the media company that emerged from the Tele München Group, on trademark and competition law.
- Representing Havaianas against a large international goods retailer and against a Europe-wide discounter because of the sale of counterfeit designs and brands in Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark.
Eversheds Sutherland > Firm Profile
In Germany, more than 160 lawyers, tax advisors and notaries in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg and Munich provide advice to multinational groups, listed and medium-sized companies, investors, financial service providers as well as family businesses in all relevant areas of commercial law.
|Antitrust and competition||Martin Bechtoldfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 89 54565 146|
|Banking and finance||Dr Alexander Honrathemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 232|
|Compliance||Dr Joos Hellertfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 89 54565 185|
|Construction||Dr Steffen Jungemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 310|
|Corporate||Dr Matthias Heissefirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 89 54565 231|
|Employment||Frank Achillesemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 275|
|Energy||Dr Werner Brickwedde, LL.M.||firstname.lastname@example.org||+49 211 86467 51|
|Energy||Dr Martin Weitenbergemail@example.com||+49 211 86467 58|
|Financial services and investment management||Dr Carola Rathkefirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 40 808094 200|
|Insurance||Fabian Volzemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 391|
|Intellectual property||Dr Tobias Maierfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 89 54565 262|
|IT and data privacy||Dr Alexander Niethammer, LL.M. (UConn)||email@example.com||+49 89 54565 318|
|IT and data privacy||Dr Lutz Schreiberfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 40 808094 444|
|Life sciences||Dr Tobias Maieremail@example.com||+49 89 54565 262|
|Litigation and dispute management||Dr Joos Hellertfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 89 54565 185|
|M&A||Christof Lambertsemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 217|
|Pensions||Dr Rolf Kowanzfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 40 808094 230|
|Private equity||Sven Schwenekeemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 153|
|Procurement law||Carsten Eichlerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 89 54565 264|
|Real estate||Dr Gerhard Moltemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 137|
|Restructuring and insolvency||Dr Christian Hilpert, MBAfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 30 70 01 40 600|
|Tax||Dr Stefan Diemeremail@example.com||+49 89 54565 239|
|TMT||Dr Lutz Schreiberfirstname.lastname@example.org||+49 40 808094 444|
|Trade and distribution||Dr Joos Hellertemail@example.com||+49 89 54565 185|
|Trade and distribution||Dr Alexander Niethammer, LL.M. (UConn)||firstname.lastname@example.org||+49 89 54565 318|
|Notary||Carsten Brüninghausemail@example.com||+49 30 700140 950|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 3,000 in this country : 160
MembershipsEversheds Sutherland the global law practice that sets the standards
OtherContact : Dr Alexander Niethammer, LL.M. (UConn) (managing partner) Other offices : Please see www.eversheds-sutherland.com for details of offices around the world
Press Releases26th April 2022 Wenzel Röhsner, LL.M. (29) has been admitted to the Vienna bar in March 2022 and appointed Legal Director at Eversheds Sutherland in Austria. He specializes in intellectual property and litigation law with a focus on tort, civil and corporate law.
24th January 2022 Michael Röhsner, LL.M. (26) has been admitted to the Vienna bar in December 2021 and has been promoted to Legal Director at Eversheds Sutherland in Austria. He focuses on data protection, IT law and cybersecurity.
7th January 2021 München, 10. Dezember 2020 - Die globale Wirtschaftskanzlei Eversheds Sutherland hat Reconomy, den führende Anbieter von Entsorgungs- und Rücknahmelösungen in Großbritannien, bei der Übernahme des deutschen Entsorgungsfachbetriebs Noventiz beraten. Verkäufer ist das deutsche PE-Haus SEAFORT Advisors.
Corporate reorganisations: key considerations on a global reorganisation projectRobin Johnson, Christian Mense and Nicola Evans continue their series of papers on corporate reorganisations. In this article, they look at the key considerations on a multinational reorganisation project.
The deal is done – what happens next?In the third of their series of articles on corporate reorganisations, Robin Johnson, Christian Mense and Nicola Evans of Eversheds Sutherland consider what to do once an agreement is signed When a company buys a business or group of companies, a lot of work, time and cost goes into due diligence of the target. Due …
Recent motives and trends for corporate reorganisationsIn the fourth of their series of articles on corporate reorganisations, Robin Johnson, Christian Mense and Nicola Evans give on overview on the most recent motives and trends for corporate reorganisations.
Why employers should engage more with employee mental healthFor several years, employers have been urged to do more to look after the mental health of their workforce. Even before the pandemic, in January 2019, mental health at work was a primary discussion topic at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting accompanied by huge estimations of the financial impact, globally, in terms of lost …
Sweden: International Arbitration
Published: October 2021
Authors: Jonas Löttiger Hans Forssell
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to International Arbitration laws and regulations that may occur in Sweden.
Finland: Intellectual Property
Published: June 2022
Authors: Petteri Häkkänen Kati Rantala Lassi Lepistö Fanny Pajuniemi
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Intellectual Property laws and regulations that may occur in Finland.
- Corporate and M&A > Corporate
- Corporate and M&A > M&A: mid-sized deals (sub-€500m)
- Information technology > Data protection
- Real estate and construction > Real estate
- Trade and distribution > Trade, distribution and logistics