Morrison Foerster > Berlin, Germany > Firm Profile
Morrison Foerster Offices
POTSDAMER PLATZ 1
Morrison Foerster > The Legal 500 Rankings
Media > Entertainment Tier 2Morrison Foerster is particularly strong in media transactions, especially in the broadcasting sector. Here, the key contact is Christoph Wagner, who heads the global media practice and is therefore 'excellently connected' across the globe. Film, entertainment and copyright matters represent another mainstay which is overseen by Christiane Stützle. However, the practice is not only instructed by traditional film industry clients, but also increasingly by internet platforms in matters at the interface of content and technology. Furthermore, Andreas Grünwald and his team advise clients on business processes compliance with new regulatory requirements related to the State Treaty on Media and the Protection of Minors in the Media as well as the Youth Protection and Network Enforcement Act.
‘Christiane Stützle and her team advise on art and copyright law. What is unique about the practice is the combination of profound knowledge of the art industry and the client’s interests and sound advice on the front lines of German and European copyright law. The advice is excellent, efficient and competent. The entire team is very friendly and committed far beyond the usual level.’
‘Christiane Stützle, specialist lawyer for copyright and media law, knows and understands the challenges of the art industry and therefore always finds the right solution for all questions and challenges.’
‘The issues are addressed immediately. You always have the feeling that you have first priority. The team is always available and very client-oriented. ‘
‘The law firm has an excellent network in the area of media law. The team has a broad range of expertise in the media arena and, in addition to platform regulation issues, also has special expertise in copyright, telecommunications, contract and antitrust law. The whole thing is complemented by an experienced litigation department. The law firm works in an extremely service-oriented manner with short turnaround times and always at a high professional level.’
‘Christoph Wagner is an absolute luminary in media law and has an excellent network. His diplomatic and well-considered negotiation skills are particularly appreciated.’
‘Christoph Nüßing is characterized by a quick grasp and extremely precise and comprehensive legal advice on all legal issues relating to platform operation and content marketing.’
‘Andreas Grünwald and his team have fantastic knowledge of the tech industry and a commercial understanding. His insight, clarity and responsiveness make him an expert on EU inquiries. He and his team are a pleasure to work with and embody what should be first class legal advice.’
Disney / Twentieth Century Fox und Tochtergesellschaften
Axel Springer SE
Fachverband Rundfunk- und BreitbandKommunikation (FRK)
Majid Al Futtaim Cinemas
Radio NRJ GmbH
Tele Columbus AG
Twitch Interactive, Inc.
- Advice to Disney/Twentieth Century Fox on the integration into Disney Group as well as ongoing advice on film projects, clearance of rights, etc. for distribution via Disney+, drafting of contracts and music licenses.
- Advising Twitch Interactive, Inc. on one of the currently most innovative and successful online offers on numerous groundbreaking regulatory and copyright regulation projects.
- Successful administrative court representation of the largest private radio broadcaster in Europe, Radio NRJ, in a difficult legal dispute on the use of important transmission capacities in Germany.
Industry focus > Telecoms Tier 3
Other key lawyers:
‘Philip Radlanski: Analytical approach and easily understandable reports of reasonable length and cost.’
Northrop Grumman LITEF (Germany)
United Internet/1&1 und Group Companies
Twitch Interactive, Inc.
American Academy in Berlin GmbH
DocuSign, Inc., USA
- Representation of telecoms provider 1&1 before the district court of Bonn with a successful reduction of the multi-million euro fine by more than 90%.
- Advising Northrop Grumman LITEF GmbH on the implementation of Northrop Grumman Group’s compliance design in its German subsidiaries (including the introduction of an EU-based whistleblowing platform).
- Defense of Notebooksbilliger.de AG against a €10.4m fine imposed by the Lower Saxony data protection authority for allegedly illegal camera surveillance of employees and customers.
‘Good integration and cooperation between the different areas. Particularly good at coordinating international cases.’
‘Very well integrated into the international unit.’
‘Patrick Späth: A lot of experience and judgment!’
‘Very experienced, internationally networked senior partner in tandem with very client-oriented young partner, internationally positioned, extensive practical experience from numerous US law firms.’
‘Patrick Späth is very experienced in internal investigations, also in connection with advice in arbitration proceedings.’
Hamburg Commercial Bank AG
Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts (Helaba)