michels.pmks Rechtsanwälte > Cologne, Germany > Firm Profile
michels.pmks Rechtsanwälte Offices
- Go to...
michels.pmks Rechtsanwälte > The Legal 500 Rankingsmichels.pmks Rechtsanwälte specialises in advising hospitals, medical care centers and medical practices on medical law, but also represents other companies in the healthcare sector. Issues pertaining to inpatient care are handled by Kerrin Schillhorn, who jointly heads the team with Jens-Peter Jahn, who specialises in advice on outpatient care. Jannis Kamann, who joined as partner in January 2021, as well as Marcus Michels cover matters at the interface with employment law, including senior consultant contracts under physician contract law.
‘Kerrin Schillhorn is very committed and has many years of experience. Her in-depth legal knowledge and industry focus ensure successful consulting.’
‘Available at any time, quick contact and prompt as well as pragmatic assistance. Good knowledge of health insurance companies.’
‘Jens-Peter Jahn is always approachable and easily accessible. Quick solutions and he himself takes on every situation I find uncomfortable and solves it communicatively and/or legally.’
‘Concentrated expertise from a wide range of legal areas, which is of the greatest benefit to me. Advice from a single source increases efficiency.’
‘Kerrin Schillhorn: Proven expert in the fields of hospital planning and financing. I don’t know of anyone comparable. Very reliable and quick assessment of facts, so that I as a client can make clear decisions.’
‘Jens-Peter Jahn: Excellent expertise in medical law issues. Absolutely competent advice, especially in KV law, MVZs and takeovers. ‘
‘Jannis Kamann: Very good, reliable and fast support in labor and social security law issues. ‘
Katholische Hospitalvereinigung Weser-Egge gGmbH
Krankenhaus Porz am Rhein GmbH
Kreisklinikum Siegen GmbH
Marien Gesellschaft Siegen gGmbH
MVZ am St. Marien-Hospital Friesoythe gGmbH
MVZ Karl Leisner Goch/Kevelaer/Geldern
MVZ des Universitätsklinikums Köln gGmbH
MVZ St. Marien GmbH
St. Franziskus-Stiftung Münster
St. Vinzenz Krankenhaus GmbH Köln
Universitätsklinikum Köln AöR
Vestische Caritas-Kliniken gGmbH
- Comprehensive advice on hospital law and representation of the Catholic Hospital Association Weser-Egge gGmbH: Cooperation with residents and other service providers, application for geriatric rehabilitation, hospital planning and representation in claims for reimbursement by health insurance companies for complex flat rates according to BSG case law.
- Comprehensive and strategic advice on hospital law for the St. Franziskus Foundation and its 15 hospitals with over 4,000 beds on hospital planning, basic issues, cooperation with the Tele-Stroke-Unit, legal issues in connection with the Covid-19 regulations, organizational requirements for hospitals.
- Comprehensive legal advice on panel doctors to the MVZ St. Marien GmbH in the course of the takeover of further practices.
Germany > Employment Tier 6In early 2021, michels.pmks Rechtsanwälte opened offices in Düsseldorf as well as Cologne. Simultaneous recruting for both locations resulted in the additions of Sebastian Maiß (advice on new work models and the introduction of IT systems) and Peter Hützen (data protection and project support) from vangard | Littler and Jan Peter Schiller (advises at the interface with data protection) from CMS, while Matthias Kappus (recruiting and dismissal of executives, managing directors and board members) had already joined the team from the latter in November 2020. The group is well positioned for ongoing advice on individual and collective employment law as well as project support – name partner Marcus Michels demonstrates particular expertise in both segments– including litigation. Gunther Mävers regularly handles cross-border matters pertaining to inbound business of foreign clients as well as foreign projects from German based clients.
Other key lawyers:
Adler TS GmbH
Brauerei zur Malzmühle Schwartz GmbH & Co. KG
DTM Deutsche Tele Medien GmbH
Duisburger Hafen AG
Johnson & Johnson
METRO Markets GmbH
Music Store Professional GmbH
UFA Show & Factual GmbH
- Ongoing advice to the Bethlehem Gesundheitszentrum Stolberg gGmbH in connection with the comprehensive recruitment and hiring of skilled workers from abroad and the implementation of the accelerated skilled worker process.
- Ongoing advice on employment law to the brewery zur Malzmühle Schwartz GmbH & Co. KG, in particular on short-time work benefits and disputes related to collective agreements.
- Ongoing employment law advice to Dachser SE, including litigation; most recently, among other things, representation in a decision-making process on the extraordinary termination of a works council member.