Vossius & Partner > Munich, Germany > Firm Profile
Vossius & Partner Offices
Vossius & Partner > The Legal 500 RankingsVossius & Partner is among the top addresses for patent applications and registration proceedings in Germany. The firm has a mixed patent lawyer and attorney-at-law team and enjoys a good reputation for its forensic practice, especially in the life sciences. In the biotechnology and medical product sectors, the team is regularly active in market-shaping mandates. As one of the largest IP boutiques in Germany, it offers a broad service spectrum, which also covers the electrical engineering, technology, telecoms and mechanical engineering sectors. Elard Schenck zu Schweinsberg heads the team. Thomas Schwarze from the Physics, Engineering and IT group made partner in January 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘ Elard Schenck zu Schweinsberg is a brilliant mind! Handles the dual role of patent attorney and litigious advisor with ease, very good at understanding new technologies. Exceptional in every way. ‘
‘ An excellent team across the board, with real depth of knowledge from everyone from partner to junior associate. Brilliant strategists. Very attentive to the legal and business aspects. Know the German market, the German courts and judges very well. ‘
‘ Jürgen Meier is a true biotechnology and life sciences specialist, advising on breakthrough technologies in a range of areas including CRISPR and microbiome therapy. He has a very extensive knowledge base and is always up to date on how best to protect patents and win opposition proceedings. ‘
‘ Good understanding of law, technology and strategy. ‘
Boston Scientific (BSC)
CRISPR Therapeutics AG
Max Planck Gesellschaft
Merck Sharp & Dome Corporation
Roche group (incl. F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Genentech Inc., Chugai Seiyaku
Starkey Hearing Technologies
- Representing CRISPR Therapeutics AG in EPA opposition proceedings against the Broad Institute.
‘Fast, efficient and friendly. ‘
‘You don’t want Paul Kretschmar on the other side. ‘
‘The Vossius brand team is very dynamic and knowledgeable. ‘
‘Paul Kretschmar is an excellent lawyer with broad IP knowledge and experience. ‘
‘Paul Kretschmar, Mathias Kleespies and Simone Schäfer are extremely knowledgeable, responsive and business oriented. ‘
‘They are creative thinkers, answer questions quickly and the answers are always thorough. I can recommend Paul Kretschmar, Mathias Kleespies and Simone Schäfer for every trademark case in Germany.’
‘Both the telephone exchange and the written communication are condensed to the essentials and presented in a way that is understandable even for non-lawyers. This is a great advantage, especially for in-house legal departments, as it allows the statements to be passed on to the decision-makers without extensive explanations.’
‘Paul Kretschmar and Peter Klein complement each other perfectly as a team. Both have a great focus on practical solutions. A pragmatic or actually economically viable way is always sought and not just a theoretical approach. This is where the two lawyers differ significantly from other lawyers and law firms.’
BSI Federal Association of the German Sporting Goods Industry e.V.
BOFFI S.p.A. e De Padova
Evoqua Water Technologies GmbH
VARO – Vic. Van Rompuy nv
Halfar System GmbH
- Representing the Federal Association of the German Sporting Goods Industry (eV) (BSI) in four trademark cancellation proceedings against the International Olympic Committee (IOC) due to the illegal monopolization of terms.
- Advice to Schöffel on global portfolio expansion and on strategic issues.
- Legal representation of BOFFI SPA and De Padova in a copyright dispute against the industrial designer Prof. Dr. Dieter Rams on the licensing of the 606 shelving system.
Other key lawyers:
‘ Very efficient, collaborative, strategic, reliable, open, competent. We are very satisfied and would work with the team and individuals again at any time. ‘
‘ The services of Vossius & Partner have so far been irreplaceable for us. The undeniable technical expertise coupled with a sensible, no-nonsense approach to IP disputes have enabled us to conduct litigation very efficiently. ‘
British American Tobacco
CJ CheilJedang Corporation
Lenovo Group Limited
MAS Elektronik AG
Online Cleaning Technologies GmbH
- Representing British American Tobacco in six patent infringement proceedings against Philip Morris before the Munich Regional Court, the Hamburg Regional Court, the Düsseldorf Regional Court and the Mannheim Regional Court as part of an international complex of proceedings with parallel proceedings in the USA, Great Britain, Poland, the Czech Republic and Japan, among others, regarding the Systems IQOS, ePod and Glo.