Pérez-Llorca > Madrid, Spain > Firm Profile
PASEO DE LA CASTELLANA, 50
Pérez-Llorca > The Legal 500 Rankings
Spain > Dispute resolution Tier 1Pérez-Llorca maintains a strong position in the Spanish dispute resolution market, where it is well versed in both litigation and arbitration. The department has seen an uptick in cases involving the construction, engineering and infrastructure sectors, particularly with regards to projects in Latin America. Also of note is the firm’s expertise in antitrust litigation; it remains involved in some of the largest follow-on damages cases in Spain, many of which involve large numbers of proceedings. This includes matters before the European Court of Justice (ECJ), where the firm has a notable track record. Outside of the antitrust space, highlights include Juan Manuel Rodríguez Cárcamo‘s advice to Banco Santander on the preliminary reference being analysed by the ECJ in connection with the resolution of Banco Popular, in addition to multiple domestic proceedings. In line with the firm’s consistent growth, it has further expanded its disputes department, most recently with the 2022 hires of Fernando de la Mata and counsel María Domingo, who joined the firm’s growing Barcelona team. Félix Montero draws on over 20 years of experience to lead the firm’s dispute resolution practice, which includes standout practitioners Guillermina Ester; Beatriz García, who has been leading on complex antitrust cases; and Laura Ruiz, a partner since 2021 who has developed a notable practice in commercial, construction, insolvency and banking litigation. Jordi Gras is another key contact in Barcelona.
Other key lawyers:
Acciona Infraestructuras, S.A.
Aena SME, S.A.
Banco de Portugal
Elecnor Servicios y Proyectos, S.A.U.
Fortress Investment Group LLC
Repsol Comercial de Productos Petrolíferos, S.A.
TRATON SE (Group MAN)
- Advised MAN, one of the largest truck manufacturing groups belonging to the Volkswagen Group, on all the proceedings initiated by truck purchasers claiming damages allegedly arising from anti-competitive practices.
- Acted for Calidad Pascual in one of the largest antitrust cases in Spain, representing the client in the follow-on civil litigation in relation to the Spanish milk cartel.
- Advised Técnicas Reunidas on an ICC arbitration relating to the expansion and modernisation works of an oil refinery.
Spain > EU and competition Tier 1Pérez-Llorca has a broad competition practice with significant expertise in cartel investigations conducted by the Spanish and EU competition authorities, major domestic and cross-border merger control cases, and follow-on damages claims. In addition, the team stands out for its strength in EU law, frequently handling high-profile litigation before the European Court of Justice; this practice was further bolstered in September 2022 with the launch of the firm's Brussels office, led by Sonsoles Centeno. Juan Jiménez-Laiglesia leads the competition practice, while Juan Rodríguez Cárcamo heads the EU law litigation practice. Jaime De Blas, Pablo Figueroa, who has additional foreign direct investment expertise, and senior associate Ana María Rodríguez are also key contacts in the sizeable team.
Juan Jiménez-Laiglesia; Juan Rodríguez Cárcamo
Other key lawyers:
Pequeños y Medianos Astilleros Sociedad de Reconversión
AM Fresh Group
Arcelor Mittal (Grupo Condesa)
El Corte Inglés (Sánchez Romero)
Fremman Capital Partners (Palex)
Santa Lucía (Unicaja)
- Advised MásMóvil on the merger control aspects of the combination with Orange España.
- Assisting LaLiga in its challenge before the Supreme Court regarding the rules on publicity on gambling issued by the Council of Ministers.
- Representing Banco Santander before the European Court of Justice in relation to an appeal lodged by Aeris Invest Sàrl in a case relating to the adoption of a resolution scheme regarding Banco Popular.
Tecno Fast Chile
- Advised a large truck manufacturing group belonging to the Volkswagen Group on all the proceedings initiated by truck purchasers claiming damages allegedly arising from anti-competitive practices.
- Advised the Ardagh Group in relation to the financing granted by certain financial entities led by Citi and Bank of America Merrill Lynch through a $325m senior secured multi-currency asset-backed revolving credit facility.
- Advised Zardoya Otis throughout the entirety of the two-month union strike.
Spain > Insurance Tier 1Pérez-Llorca has established a market-leading practice in the insurance sector. It possesses extensive expertise in the design of new contingency insurance products, and the team is also well equipped to assist insurance clients in litigation and regulatory and commercial matters. The department is overseen by Joaquín Ruiz Echauri, a highly reputed practitioner with over 30 years’ of experience, who is particularly active in disputes pertaining to the insurance sector. Associate Jesús Almarcha is seasoned in the development of regulatory projects. Rafael Fernández, who has experience in corporate, regulatory and contentious matters, is another key contact.
Joaquín Ruiz Echauri
Mapfre Vida Sociedad Anónima de Seguros y Reaseguros sobre la Vida Humana y Mapfre España Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros, S.A.
Aegon España S.A. de seguros y reaseguros
Santa Lucía, S.A. Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros
Markel Insurance SE
Mutua Madrileña Automovilista, Sociedad de Seguros a prima fija
Nationale Nederlanden Group N.V.
Metlife Europe Insuranced D.A.C.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG)
UNESPA (Unión Española de Entidades Aseguradoras y Reaseguradoras)
- Advised Airbnb on a temporary regime supporting a Spanish insurance broker in the distribution of insurance products across several countries in Europe.
- Advised Santa Lucía on the extension of its existing life and pensions bancassurance alliance with a Spanish bank.
- Advised Aegon on the analysis of its matching of financial assets linked to savings life insurance products, PPAs.
Spain > Public law Tier 1The highly acclaimed public law team at Pérez-Llorca offers its strong knowledge of regulatory, litigation and public enterprise transactions, covering disputes before courts at both an EU and national level, public procurement and infrastructure matters, and deals involving regulated assets. Leading the practice is Juan Manuel Rodríguez Cárcamo, who is active in a range of matters, with a recent highlight including the successful representation of Banco Santander in a preliminary ruling referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union. Other notable figures include public procurement expert Elena Veleiro and Natalia Olmos, who was promoted to partner in January 2021.
Hospital de Majadahonda
El Corte Inglés
- Advised Air Europa as it entered into a syndicated loan agreement for a period of five years valued at €141m, partially guaranteed by the Spanish government.
- Advised Banco Santander on the preliminary ruling referred to the European Court of Justice by the Court of Appeal of La Coruña (C-410/20).
- Advised El Corte Inglés on a significant management restructuring in its history, designing – from a regulatory and corporate governance point of view – the new decision-making structure for the company at senior management level.
Brookfield Asset Management
Dream Industrial REIT
KanAm Grund Group
Aberdeen Standard European Logistic Income PLC
Global Mergers Acquisitions Capital
W. P. Carey
Realty Income Corporation
Santander Asset Management
Signal Capital Partners Limited
Banco de Sabadell
CDC Inversiones y Valores
Stoneweg & Bain Capital
Generali Real Estate Sucursal en España
- Advised Brookfield Asset Management on all matters related to the acquisition of Spain-based Selenta Group for approximately €440m.
- Advised Realty Income Corporation on a series of deals for the implementation of Realty’s long-term income strategy in Spain.
- Advised CDC Inversiones y Valores on the sale and transfer of all of its shares in Grupo BC to Silver Lake.
Spain > Banking and finance Tier 2Pérez-Llorca is well known for its strong direct lending and private debt practice, with extensive experience advising funds and investment managers, in addition to acting for major Spanish and international banks. The team handles acquisition finance, corporate finance, project finance and restructurings, and has recently been particularly active in major real estate finance matters in the Spanish market - particularly in the logistics and hospitality sectors - and in high-end, cross-border transactions. The firm also has a strong financial services and fund formation practice, led by Josefina García Pedroviejo. London-based practice head Ander Valverde is particularly experienced in direct lending and Ildefonso Arenas is also noted for his expertise in the private debt field. Other key names include Mónica de San Román, who has expertise in the financing of energy and infrastructure projects, and counsel Isabel Villa, who joined the team from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in April 2022.
Other key lawyers:
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Advised the Discovery Group on all Spanish law aspects of the $6bn financing granted to certain subsidiaries of Discovery.
- Advised Ardagh Group on all aspects of Spanish law regarding the financing granted by certain financial entities, led by Citi and Bank of America Merrill Lynch, through a $325m senior secured multi-currency asset-backed revolving credit facility.
- Advised Asset Management One on obtaining authorisation to render services in Spain on a cross-border basis, in one of the first related procedures filed with the CNMV following the entry into force of Brexit.
Carlos Pérez Dávila
European Investment Fund
Banco Santander/Santander Consumer Finance
- Advised Barclays and other dealers on the update of Santander Consumer Finance’s €25bn EMTN programme and its €10bn ECP programme.
- Advised Santander Consumer Finance on the renewal of its domestic commercial paper programme for the issuance of up to €5bn in commercial paper instruments on the Spanish Fixed-Income Securities Market (AIAF).
- Advised Banco Santander, as arranger, Santander Consumer Finance, as Class A notes subscriber and back-up service facilitator, and Financiera El Corte Inglés, as originator (among other roles), on the securitisation of the originator’s consumer loan portfolio in Spain.
Carlos Pérez Dávila
Other key lawyers:
DD3 Acquisition Corp
- Advised CVC in relation to its 20% stake in Naturgy and the partial takeover bid for this company for an amount of €5.06bn by Australian fund IFM.
- Advised Zegona Communications, the largest shareholder in Euskaltel, on the irrevocable undertaking through which its fully owned subsidiary, Zegona Limited, committed to tender the shares it owns in Euskaltel in the framework of a voluntary public takeover bid for Euskaltel launched by Masmovil Ibercom.
- Advised LLYC on the process of the admission to trading of 100% of its shares on the BME Growth segment of BME MTF Equity market, as well as two share capital increases aimed at institutional investors.
Other key lawyers:
CVC Capital Partners
AM& Capital Europe
Cellnex (Ibex 35)
Indra Sistemas (Ibex 35)
Iberdrola (Ibex 35)
- Advised Masmovil on the negotiation and execution of the irrevocable undertaking through which its fully owned subsidiary, Zegona Limited irrevocably committed to tender the shares it owns in Euskaltel.
- Pérez-Llorca advised PreZero throughout the sale and purchase on the acquisition of Ferrovial’s environmental services businesses in Spain and Portugal, for a consideration of €1.133 billion.
- Advised CVC in relation to its 20% stake in Naturgy and the partial takeover bid for this company announced on 26 January 2021 by the Australian fund IFM, for an amount of €5.06 billion.
Spain > Employment Tier 2The employment team at Pérez-Llorca offers proactive advice across the full spectrum of matters, including senior executive dismissals, collective procedures and temporary workforce restructuring plans, with further expertise in carrying out internal investigations relating to whistleblowing claims. The team, led by Luis Enrique Fernández Pallarés, attracts the likes of Just Eat Spain, El Corte Inglés and Grupo Cofely, among other leading corporations in the financial, insurance, energy and retail sectors. Other notable practitioners include Daniel Cifuentes and Laura Pérez, key contacts for litigation and pre-litigation advice, with experience standing before all levels of labour courts and national authorities. Isabel Moya is another standout, focused on remuneration policies and M&A transactions, a wide offering strengthened by the arrival of counsels Marta Iranzo and Yolanda Valdeolivas in early 2022.
Just Eat Spain
Ares Management Corporation
A&M Capital Europe
El Corte Inglés
- Advised Just Eat Spain and Takeaway.com on the negotiation and implementation of the collective bargaining agreement of the Just Eat distribution platform.
- Advised and negotiated the collective redundancy procedure implemented in Groupon Spain in the context of the international restructuring carried out by Groupon.
- Advised Banca March and Banco Inversis after they were sued by two former senior executives of Banco Inversis for an alleged violation of human rights.
Spain > Environment Tier 2
Situated within the firm’s public and regulatory law team, the environment and climate change practice at Pérez-Llorca is well placed to offer comprehensive environmental law advice, covering environmental risks, audits, liability and compliance analysis. The highly experienced team acts for a varied client base, which includes market-leading companies operating in the banking, energy and consumer electronics industries. Head of practice Alberto Ibort Franch is particularly noted for his work on soil contamination and land environmental matters. He is assisted by senior associate and environmental public sector specialist José Del Saz-Orozco. Senior associates Clara Carazo, Beatriz Álvarez and Marta Velasco are other key individuals.
The Carlyle Group
Schwarz Dienstleistung KG
ANEABE (National Association of Bottled Drinking Water Companies)
VGO Capital Partners LLP
- Advised The Carlyle Group on carrying out an analysis of the manufacturing facilities of frits, fillers and enamels, the production of which has severe environmental consequences.
- Advised Schwarz Dienstleistung on the framework of the competitive process for the purchase of 100% of the environmental division of Ferrovial.
- Advised LG Electronics on environmental matters, in particular, carrying out an environmental analysis of the modifications to the company’s Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) management.
As part of the firm’s public law offering, the life sciences group at Pérez-Llorca exhibits strength in patent litigation and IP matters, with supplementary expertise in regulatory, M&A and competition law issues. Leading the team are IP expert Eduardo Castillo, who joined the firm in September 2021, and Juan Manuel Rodríguez Cárcamo, a key contact for public law issues. Rais Amills, an arrival in January 2022, reinforces the team’s capabilities with regard to IP matters, while the addition of counsel Álvaro de Castro in September 2021 contributed towards the practice’s IP and unfair competition efforts.
Spanish General Board of Official Pharmaceutical Colleges
Advanced Accelerator Application
- Represented MGI in ongoing patent litigation against Illumina.
- Advised AgomAb Therapeutics on the purchase of 100% of the share capital of Origo Biopharma.
- Represented the Spanish General Board of Official Pharmaceutical Colleges in relation to the preliminary ruling procedure before the EU Court of Justice in relation to the national system for the verification of medicines in Spain.
Spain > Private equity Tier 2Pedro Pérez-Llorca is present in both Barcelona and Madrid, along with international offices in London, New York and Brussels. The practice, which is naturally coveted by national and international clients, excels in all-manner of private equity transactions, from LBOs, MBOs and MBIs through to divestments, public-to-private deals and competitive tender processes. The practice also carries out an abundance of fund investment and fund raising work, particularly in the context of hedge funds and distressed transactions, and is led by Pablo González Mosqueira whose workload spans public and private M&A, special situations and restructuring processes. Francisco Iso is well-placed to support on deals with a US component, whereas Pedro Marques da Gama serves as a distressed acquisition and special situation specialist. Beyond the partnership, José Luis Romeu is an associate who is able to provide an international outlook, having previously practised at the London office.
Pablo González Mosqueira
Other key lawyers:
White Summit Capital
CVC Capital Partners
- Advised Carlyle on all M&A legal aspects in connection with its acquisition of the Altadia Group from Lone Star
- Advised SAPA Placencia on its entry into the Spanish consortium that has been formed to acquire up to 30% of ITP Aero’s shares, in the context of Rolls-Royce’s sale of 100% of its shares.
- Advised the U.S. fund TCV on its acquisition of a minority stake in the leading cloud security and data analytics company Devo, Inc.
Spain > Projects and energy Tier 2Pérez-Llorca‘s project finance and energy offering, which sits within the firm’s public law and corporate teams, regularly provides high-quality advice in the context of regulatory, litigation, transactional and project finance matters. Licensing and permits, infrastructure projects and the establishment of SPVs are part of this package. Leadership of the team is divided between project finance expert Mónica de San Román, regulatory specialist Ana Cremades and Javier Carvajal, noted for corporate issues. Associate Belén Wert is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Trilantic Capital Partners
Cepsa Comercial Petróleo
Banco de Sabadell
- Advised CVC in relation to its 20% stake in Naturgy and the partial takeover bid for this company for an amount of €2.35bn.
- Advised Sonnedix on all Spanish law aspects of the acquisition of a 100MW photovoltaic operational portfolio from ACS Servicios Comunicaciones y Energía.
- Advised Finerge on a financing granted by Totta Ireland, Bankinter, MUFG Bank and BBVA to a special purpose vehicle owned by Finerge for an amount of €150m.
Juan Oñate; Javier García Marrero
Other key lawyers:
Distribuidora Internacional de Alimentación
Caja Rural de Almendralejo
- Advising Bankinter, as the main financial creditor of Barcelona Projects, the company which owns the Hotel Juan Carlos I in Barcelona, on the hotel’s restructuring process.
- Advised the Royal Caribbean Group on the insolvency proceedings of the companies of the Pullmantur Group, of which Royal Caribbean owns 49%.
- Advising Novagrup Property Developments on its insolvency proceedings.
Spain > Tax Tier 2Pérez-Llorca‘s tax offering is particularly strong in the structuring of high-value M&A and real estate transactions, as well as tax litigation and audits. The firm is building its wealth management practice, advising high-net-worth clients on tax planning and the restructuring of investments, and developing its strength in the insurance tax space. The client base includes major financial institutions, private equity funds and private banks. Clara Jiménez, who is highly regarded for her expertise in tax litigation, heads the team. Barcelona-based Norma Peña i Bagés focuses on the tax aspects of M&A and financial transactions. Other key names include José Ramón Vizcaíno, José Azqueta, an expert in tax issues in the real estate and renewable energy sectors, and José Suárez, who leads on wealth management matters. Since publication, Felipe Alonso Fernández, Javier Povo and Antonio Ruiz joined the firm.
Other key lawyers:
CBRE Global Investors
- Representing Cemex in an appeal before the Spanish Supreme Court regarding the €456m fine imposed on the client arising from an audit related to its corporate income tax from 2006 to 2009.
- Advising CBRE Global Investors on the tax aspects of its acquisition of an office building in the Barcelona 22@ urban transformation project.
- Assisted Fútbol Club Barcelona with several aspects of its financing, for the operation of sports teams and squads and the renovation of the Camp Nou stadium.
Spain > White-collar crime Tier 2Pérez-Llorca‘s white-collar crime practice offers expertise in the full spectrum of corporate internal investigations, with a transnational approach designed to provide comprehensive advice on corporate crime, tax fraud, money laundering and corruption. As a criminal litigation specialist, Adriana De Buerba spearheads the firm’s internal investigations and crisis management offering, with a client portfolio that extends to the telecoms, infrastructure, security and banking sectors. Also working out of the Madrid office are Juan Palomino, an expert in corporate internal investigations with a focus on IP infringements and cyber-fraud, and associate Jorge Walser, noted for fraud and intellectual property rights offences. Counsel Mayte Requejo is a new addition, joining the firm in 2021 to bolster the team’s investigations expertise.
Spain > Industry focus: TMT Tier 3Under the leadership of counsel Andy Ramos Gil De La Haza, a technology and intangible asset expert, Pérez-Llorca is noted for its comprehensive advice on IT and data protection matters. Supplementing this is the firm’s TechLaw initiative, combining M&A, employment, tax, litigation and antitrust experts to tackle a wide variety of technological projects. Also noted is associate Andrea Sánchez, who focuses on privacy and data protection. Raúl Rubio, an experienced figure in the field joined the firm from Deloitte Legal in January 2023.
Assiteca Broker Internacional de Seguros
- Advised AlamoConsulting on the negotiation of agreements to adapt the provision of its services as developers and suppliers of banking software to the European Banking Authority Guidelines.
- Advised Gamer Revolution on negotiating and drafting platform licensing and consultancy agreements with an American start-up which is interested in launching an online e-sports business in the US.
- Advising Insurance Manager in designing and implementing the legal architecture of its business.
Asociación Española de Videojuegos
Asociación Española de Video On Demand
Bimbo Donuts Iberia
- Advised Asociación Española de Video-On-Demand on author rights, copyright and audio-visual law matters.
- Advised Asociación Española de Videojuegos (AEVI) on regulatory issues, copyright and advertisement matters.
- Advised Globalvia on each of its projects’ intellectual property rights, specifically copyrights and trade secrets.
Other key lawyers:
- Advised Volotea and the company’s shareholders on all of the corporate matters of the investment of a total of €210m through an equity-like instrument.
- Advised one of the largest truck manufacturing groups belonging to the Volkswagen Group on all proceedings initiated by truck purchasers claiming damages allegedly arising from anti-competitive practices.
- Advised Air Europa in its entering into a syndicated loan agreement for a period of five years valued at €141m, partially guaranteed by the Spanish government.
Assiteca Broker Internacional de Seguros
- Advised a company with regard to different requests for information from the Spanish Data Protection Agency initiated as a result of a complaint filed by a competitor.
- Advised Gamer Revolution on negotiating and drafting developments, platform licensing and consultancy agreements with an American start-up.
- Advising Komvida on the adaptation of its processes to applicable regulations on data protection.
Pérez-Llorca > Firm Profile
Pérez-Llorca is a pre-eminent law firm in Spain. The firm provides high-end advice to international and domestic clients in connection with the largest and most complex transactions and disputes in Spain or matters with a Spanish component. Pérez-Llorca prides itself on offering unrivalled quality, service and commitment to clients. The majority of the firm’s work is cross-border and often involves several jurisdictions. As an independent law firm, Pérez-Llorca approaches multijurisdictional work by providing turnkey solutions together with other leading independent firms from Europe, the Americas or Asia. Pérez-Llorca offers full-service advice on Spanish law and operates from its offices in Madrid, Barcelona, London and New York.
|Commercial, corporate and M&A||Pedro Pérez-Llorca|
|Mr Alejandro Alberte||Alejandro Alberte has extensive experience in advising on all types of corporate…||View Profile|
|Mr Ildefonso Arenas||lldefonso Arenas advises financial institutions, debt funds, private equity entities and large…||View Profile|
|Mr José Azqueta||José Azqueta has over 18 years’ experience in leading transactional work, particularly…||View Profile|
|Mr Fernando Bedoya||Fernando Bedoya is an expert in civil and commercial litigation and arbitration.…||View Profile|
|Mr Javier Carvajal||Javier Carvajal specialises in takeover bids, M&A transactions, private equity, corporate restructurings,…||View Profile|
|Mr Eduardo Castillo||Eduardo joined Pérez-Llorca as partner in 2021. He specialises in industrial property, intellectual property…||View Profile|
|Ms Sonsoles Centeno||Sonsoles joined Pérez-Llorca in 2021 as a partner in the European Union…||View Profile|
|Mr Daniel Cifuentes||Daniel Cifuentes specialises in collective dismissals, industrial conflicts, business litigation and pre-litigation…||View Profile|
|Mr Cosme Colmenero||Cosme Colmenero joined Pérez-Llorca in 2020 as Counsel in the Corporate practice,…||View Profile|
|Ms Ana Cremades||Ana joined Pérez-Llorca in May 2019 and she was made Partner in…||View Profile|
|Ms Adriana De Buerba||Adriana de Buerba advises national and foreign clients regarding Spanish criminal lawsuits…||View Profile|
|Mr Iván Delgado||Iván Delgado advises national and international clients on corporate, M&A and private equity…||View Profile|
|Ms Guillermina Ester||Guillermina Ester focuses her practice on civil, commercial and corporate litigation and…||View Profile|
|Mr Pedro Fernández||Pedro Fernández is an expert in advising venture capital funds and start-ups…||View Profile|
|Mr Luis Enrique Fernández Pallarés||Luis Enrique Fernández Pallarés is an expert in collective bargaining agreements, labour…||View Profile|
|Mr Pablo Figueroa||Pablo Figueroa joined Pérez-Llorca in 2021 as a partner in the Competition…||View Profile|
|Ms Beatriz García||Beatriz García defends clients before civil and administrative courts as well as…||View Profile|
|Mr Javier García Marrero||Javier García Marrero is an expert in corporate insolvency and IP law.…||View Profile|
|Ms Josefina García Pedroviejo||Josefina García Pedroviejo joined Pérez-Llorca as a partner in 2022. She is…||View Profile|
|Mr Pablo González Mosqueira||Pablo González Mosqueira advises national and international clients on corporate transactions, including…||View Profile|
|Mr Nasif Hamed||Nasif Hamed joined Pérez-Llorca in 2014 and became a partner in 2022.||View Profile|
|Mr Alberto Ibort||Alberto Ibort advises national and international clients on planning, environmental and public…||View Profile|
|Mr Francisco Iso||Francisco Iso advises private equity funds and other financial sponsors on a…||View Profile|
|Mr Javier Izquierdo||Javier Izquierdo has extensive experience advising on civil litigation and arbitration regarding…||View Profile|
|Mrs Clara Jiménez||Clara Jiménez advises national and foreign clients within all branches of tax…||View Profile|
|Mr Juan Jiménez-Laiglesia||Juan Jiménez-Laiglesia has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint…||View Profile|
|Mr Alfredo Lafita||Alfredo Lafita is an expert in M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures,…||View Profile|
|Mr Julio Lujambio||Julio Lujambio advises national and international clients on all areas of corporate…||View Profile|
|Mr Pedro Marques da Gama||Pedro Marques da Gama advises on acquisitions of distressed assets, in particular…||View Profile|
|Teresa Méndez||Teresa Méndez joined Pérez-Llorca in 2023. She has developed her career in…||View Profile|
|Mr Félix J Montero||Félix J. Montero provides expert advice on civil and commercial litigation, and…||View Profile|
|Ms Isabel Moya||Isabel Moya advises on general employment matters and handling industrial actions from…||View Profile|
|Mr Javier Muñoz||Javier Muñoz advises national and international clients (investment funds, hedge funds, private…||View Profile|
|Ms Natalia Olmos||Natalia Olmos Castro joined Pérez-Llorca in 2011 and made partner in January…||View Profile|
|Mr Juan Oñate||Juan Oñate advises companies, financial institutions, hedge funds and private equity funds…||View Profile|
|Mr Alejandro Osma||Alejandro Osma advises national and international clients on Corporate/M&A matters with a…||View Profile|
|Mr Juan Palomino||Juan Palomino advises national and international clients concerning corporate compliance issues, such…||View Profile|
|Mr Julio Parrilla||Julio regularly advises national and international investors on investments in non-performing assets,…||View Profile|
|Ms Laura Pérez||Laura Pérez represents employers before the labour courts and before the labour…||View Profile|
|Mr Carlos Pérez Dávila||Carlos Pérez Dávila has extensive experience in the finance sector, having advised…||View Profile|
|Mr Pedro Pérez-Llorca||Pedro Pérez-Llorca’s corporate practice has a strong international dimension, focusing on public…||View Profile|
|Mr Fernando Quicios||Fernando Quicios advises funds, financial entities, and companies on their investments and…||View Profile|
|Mr Andy Ramos Gil de la Haza||Andy Ramos Gil de la Haza joined Pérez-Llorca as Counsel in 2019…||View Profile|
|Ms Carmen Reyna||Carmen Reyna is an expert in mergers and acquisitions and private equity.…||View Profile|
|Mr Juan Manuel Rodríguez Cárcamo||Juan Rodríguez Cárcamo is a Spanish State Advocate (Abogado del Estado) on…||View Profile|
|Mr Fausto Romero-Miura||Fausto Romero-Miura advises national and international clients on real estate, M&A, and…||View Profile|
|Ms Laura Ruiz||Laura Ruiz joined Pérez-Llorca in 2007 and made partner in January 2021.||View Profile|
|Mr Joaquín Ruiz Echauri||Joaquín Ruiz Echauri has over 25 years of experience providing corporate, regulatory…||View Profile|
|Mr Ignacio Santabaya||Ignacio has built his career in renowned international firms where he has…||View Profile|
|Mr Dídac Severino||Dídac Severino advises various types of national and international clients (including corporations,…||View Profile|
|Mr José Suárez||José Suárez specialises in proceedings before the Tax Administration (economic-administrative proceedings, valuations…||View Profile|
|Mr Jesús Varela||His areas of expertise are real estate financing, real estate investment and…||View Profile|
|Ms Elena Veleiro||Elena Veleiro has extensive experience public administrations, public procurement, specifically in PPP…||View Profile|
|Mr José Ramón Vizcaíno||José Ramón Vizcaíno specialises in real estate and M&A transactions. He advises…||View Profile|
|Mr Luis Zurera||Luis Zurera specialises in all aspects of real estate transactions, advising national…||View Profile|
|Mr Jaime de Blas||Jaime de Blas joined Pérez-Llorca in 2014 and he was made Partner…||View Profile|
|Ms Mónica de San Román||Mónica joined Pérez-Llorca in 2015 and she was made Partner in January…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers at Pérez-Llorca : 280 Pérez-Llorca Madrid : 230
LanguagesSpanish Catalan English French German Italian Portuguese Chinese
OtherBarcelona : Av. Diagonal 640 8ºA 08017 Barcelona London : 17th floor, 110 Bishopsgate London EC2N 4AY New York : 375 Park Avenue, 38th floor New York, NY 10152
A Global Practice
Pérez-Llorca provides high-end advice to international and domestic clients in connection with the largest and most complex transactions and disputes in Spain or matters with a Spanish component. Pérez-Llorca accompanies clients wherever they are based, wherever they have operations or wherever they need the firm. The firm has close connections with the leading firms in every jurisdiction in order to offer clients the best and most specialised advice in each country. The firm’s mission to always find the best possible results for clients for every case, adapting its service to their needs and collaborating with the most distinguished local firms. The lawyers’ profound understanding of the legal market in each country offers clients complete solutions.
From the London office, the firm advises on cross-border transactions with Spanish legal components and provides its expertise to UK-based clients investing in the Spanish market. From the New York office, the firm advises clients on Spanish law and adapts its multidisciplinary assessment to their needs in the US and Latin America.
Pérez-Llorca’s international desks are made up of teams of Spanish lawyers from all of its offices who have in-depth knowledge of the European, LatAm, Asian, and African markets and valuable experience working on all types of transactions. Pérez-Llorca’s lawyers offer expert advice on matters within the regions that have a Spanish component. The firm advises clients and firms on investment opportunities and their internationalisation efforts. The litigation and arbitration team, also part of the firm’s desks, has extensive experience advising on all types of disputes and pre-litigious matters
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Manufacturing
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Private equity
- Projects and energy
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime
- Industry focus: TMT
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: patents
- Transport: Other transport