Liedekerke > Brussels, Belgium > Firm Profile
BOULEVARD DE L'EMPEREUR 3 KEIZERSLAAN
Liedekerke > The Legal 500 Rankings
Belgium > Environment Tier 1Situated within the firm’s regulatory department, Liedekerke‘s environment team operates both as a standalone practice and in conjunction with the firm’s corporate and real estate lawyers, covering matters relating to the circular economy, soil pollution, waste management, and pesticides. Practice heads François Tulkens and Dominique Devos are well regarded in litigation and real estate law, respectively, with Devos a key contact for brownfield developments in Flanders. Of counsel Filip De Preter has broad expertise, while senior associate Bert Van Herreweghe is recommended for his experience in planning and zoning.
Dominique Devos; François Tulkens
‘The team comes across as proactive, quick, responsive, and very competent.’
‘Dominique Devos is very nice to work with.’
Brussels Capital Region
Agence Francaise de Developpement
- Assisted lead counsel Latham & Watkins LLP (in New York) and client One Rock Capital Partners LLC with the Belgian environmental law aspects of the successful acquisition by the client of the tire additives business of Eastman Chemicals Company.
- Assisting TotalEnergies with several environment matters, amongst others, advising on its liability in relation to historical soil pollution in the Walloon Region; assisting with a legal opinion on the refusal of a wind power permit in Feluy and with an appeal to the Council of State; and assisting with an appeal related to solar panel permits.
- Assisting Droh!me with the development of a new leisure park based on sports, nature, culture and education (the DROH!ME Melting Park) on the site of the old Boitsfort Hippodrome in the Brussels region.
Other key lawyers:
‘Damien Verhoeven is, and remains, one of the front-runners in the energy law world, always ready to jump in and offering sharp and outstanding advice in very technical matters, like tariffs, market and capacity mechanisms.’
‘Lola Malluquin is brilliant, and therefore complements Damien very well.’
‘Administrative follow-up and billing are smooth and exemplary.’
Fortescue Metals Group
- Advising Elia in the implementation of the Belgian Capacity Remuneration Mechanism to ensure adequacy of electricity capacity after nuclear phase-out.
- Assisting Nala Renewables (a joint venture between Trafigura and IFM Investors) with the development of a 25MW/100MWh Battery Electricity Storage System on Nyrstar’s site in Balen.
- Assisting Air Liquide with its participation in the CO2 capture, transport and liquefaction project Antwerp@C in the Port of Antwerp.
Olivier Vanden Berghe; Etienne Kairis; Yves Delacroix
‘The team’s strength is that they are able to translate abstract legal rules into down-to-earth practical advice within a reasonable time.’
‘They are reliable and have an excellent knowledge of the latest legal topics.’
‘The team can cover the entire country in a large variety of legal disciplines.’
Grand Opticiens Belgium
Kia Motors Belgium
LOUIS VUITTON Services Europe
- Assisted Inno in its €2 million damages claim against Unizo and Mode Unie, as well the termination of a partnership/demonstration agreement in relation to the 96k€ claim introduced by a former manager of INNO NV.
- Assisted Colruyt Group with several transactions including the acquisition by Colruyt Group of a 40% stake in Smartmat NV.
- Assisted Grand Opticiens with the transfer of 35 shops of the Grand Optical brand to a potential buyer.
‘The real estate law team is easily accessible. It offers innovative solutions on sometimes very technical issues such as complex real estate transactions.’
‘The lawyers we work with are always available and willing to listen. They quickly understand our problems and provide us with very operational legal solutions.’
‘Top specialists in real estate transactions. Great and longstanding experience in local business. A highly recommended team.’
‘Great team players and always looking for a solution. Top availability. They have the ability to understand both the strategic importance of the project as well as the tiny details that keep a project on track.’
Domitys (Groupe ÆGIDE )
ION Residential Platform
Thomas & Piron Batiments
- Assisting Proximus in a sale and lease back transaction with Immobel regarding its two iconic towers in the Northern Quarter of Brussels.
- Assisting B&B Hotels Belgium with several projects, including the acquisition of the IBIS Budget business in Liège as part of a complex and major transaction between B&B Hotels and Accor involving 30 hotels in France, the acquisition of the QBic business in Brussels, and several other hotel developments in Belgium.
- Advising Befimmo for several years on all aspects of the ZIN project, an ambitious real estate project aiming to transform Towers 1 and 2 of the World Trade Centre complex in the Northern Quarter of Brussels.
Damien Conem; Freya Mareels; Wim Dedecker
Other key lawyers:
Thomas Vanthournout; Reinout Vrielinck
‘Very efficient and ambitious team headed by two high potential partners, Wim Dedecker and Freya Mareels. The team is large enough to offer sufficient capacity, but at the same time close-nit so that a collective high standard is ensured.’
‘Wim Dedecker has built a strong track record in capital markets transactions, which he combines with a flourishing M&A practice. I would definitively recommend working with Wim given his expertise, his devotion and his particularly efficient conciliatory style.’
‘Very professional team with experience from international law firms.’
‘Partner on the deal was Freya Mareels, although day-to-day contact on the deal was mostly with Thomas Vanthournout. He understands very well the position of the lenders, is very reactive and easy to reach. The transaction was burdensome from a legal point of view, yet Mr Vanthournout managed the process very efficiently. He also took the initiative to liaise directly with the company counsel in order to tackle certain issues.’
‘Great team. High expertise, nice to work with & affordable.’
‘Wim Dedecker – sophisticated & creative. Freya Mareels – smart & extensive experience. Reinout Vrielinck – super smart & creative.’
‘Excellent price-quality ratio – constructive – willing to think outside the box.’
Postbank, a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank
Total Energies Gas & Power, London, Meyrin-Geneva Branch
U.S. Zinc North America
Innovatus Capital Partners
BNP Paribas Fortis
- Acting as lender’s counsel to Natixis in connection with a revolving credit facility for Ageas SA/NV.
- Assisting Belfius Bank and BNP Paribas Fortis in connection with the set-up of a EUR 100,000,000 Euro Medium Term Notes (EMTN) programme for Codic International SA and a first issuance under the programme of EUR 20,000,000 4.50% Fixed Rate Green Senior Notes listed on Euronext Growth.
- Assisting Sonaca, active in the aviation sector, in connection with a refinancing of existing indebtedness, allowing Sonaca to extend the maturity of its credit facilities to 2026, and aimed at repayment in full of existing bilateral term debt and of a “covid-19 support” revolving facility granted in 2020.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very hands-on, accessible, delivers always on time the expected quality and expertise. Billings in line with budget and regularly reported. High focus on diversity and innovations where possible within the legal profession.’
‘Business acumen, pragmatic approach, down to earth, always accessible when needed. They go the extra mile every time when required to get a deal done!’
‘The team is very accessible, highly motivated and qualified and responds fast.’
‘Jacques Meunier and Davy Vandenbussche deliver excellent services, respond fast and have very good negotiation and communication skills. We could not have done this transaction without their assistance!’
BT Brammer (Rubix)
Kurt Van Dal – the e-Power group
shareholders of Intys Consulting
BNP Paribas Fortis
Adjacent V2 LP
Idun Industri AS (Orkla)
- Assisting TTR Energy in the set-up of a Belgian co-investment vehicle for the acquisition of eight wind farms located in France , representing a total of 100 MW and generating an annual electricity production of 240 GWh.
- Assisting Kiwa with its strategic acquisition of Vincotte Group, the largest TIC (testing, inspection, and certification) company in the Belux region.
- Advising DST Global and Redpoint Ventures on their investment in Deliverect, scale-up restaurants with online ordering services through its cloud software as part of a USD 65 million Series C equity financing round.
Mwingz (Jv Proximus – Orange Belgium)
Philip Morris Benelux
ABB Industrial Solutions
Jean-paul Van Avermaet
ECHA (European Chemicals Agency)
AEG Belgium (Vinci Group)
BNP Paribas Fortis
Brussels Airlines (Lufthansa)
Provera (Cora – Louis Delhaize)
DP World (Antwerp Gateway)
- Assisting Kiwa before the Belgian Competition Authority on its acquisition of Vinçotte.
- Assisting the former leading manager of the security services firm G4S, thereafter CEO of bPost (presently former CEO of bPost), in the investigation by the Belgian Competition Authority regarding alleged restrictive practices in the sector of security services.
- Assisting Philip Morris Benelux in its appeal before the Brussels Market Court against the decision of the Belgian Competition Authority imposing a fine on cigarette manufacturers for alleged exchange of confidential information regarding wholesale and resale prices on the Belgian Market.
Belgium > Dispute resolution Tier 2Fielding a large team of ‘excellent experts with an international mindset‘, Liedekerke boasts a sizeable and sophisticated international arbitration offering, spearheaded by Arnaud Nuyts, a veteran advocate praised for his ‘superb advocacy skills‘ and ‘impressive command of the law‘. Nuyts co-chairs the disputes group alongside commercial contracts and litigation head Olivier Vanden Berghe and Roel Fransis, an expert in insolvency and finance litigation. Africa desk chief Aimery De Schoutheete is a seasoned litigator and arbitrator, as well as an expert in OHADA law, with considerable experience in francophone Africa and Great Lakes region proceedings. Bruno Hardy – who was promoted to counsel in July 2022 – routinely serves as counsel in international arbitrations across the engineering, energy, and construction sectors, among others. All named lawyers are based in Brussels.
Arnaud Nuyts; Olivier Vanden Berghe; Roel Fransis
Other key lawyers:
Aimery de Schoutheete; Bruno Hardy; Beatrice Van Tournout
‘Arnaud Nuyts is one of the best arbitration counsel on the market.’
‘In international arbitration, Arnaud Nuyts and his team, including Bruno Hardy, are world-class litigators, capable of handling large claims under many different laws.’
‘Arnaud Nuyts has a very impressive command of the law that allows him to discuss the most complex and subtle issues under Belgian, Qatari, English or other laws. And yet, he is pragmatic. He is held in very high regard by all arbitrators, who listen to him and trust him. These are rare qualities in international arbitration.’
‘Highest quality of legal and strategic services; excellent experts with an international mindset.’
‘Arnaud Nuyts is a star; superb advocacy skills, superb strategist and jurist. Beatrice Van Tournout is an excellent young practitioner.’
‘Extremely detail-oriented people, particularly in international arbitration.’
‘Bruno Hardy is an excellent lawyer. He takes the time to analyse the case, listen to all the feedback and come up with a strategy to counter the other party.’
‘They are dedicated, reliable, flexible and creative. They are very professional, exceptional in efficiency and delivering the legal product. They think strategically and act proactively. Their communication with the client is excellent. I find them all committed to their work, capable of working under time pressure until the last minute of the deadline. They smoothly dealt with cross border, international and foreign complex law issues as well as ISDS issues, which they have extensive experience in. We can always rely on their professional advice.’
Republic of Poland
Republic of Kazakhstan
- Acting as lead counsel in Belgium for the Republic of Kazakhstan (RoK) in a multi-jurisdictional dispute relating to the enforcement by the Stati Parties of a USD 530 million ECT Arbitral Award obtained in 2013 against the RoK, and successfully assisted the RoK in obtaining a denial of exequatur of the Award in Belgium and a lifting of all attachments there.
- Representing McCain and Lutosa in a summary proceeding before the president of the Brussels court of Enterprises against natural gas supplier Antargaz in a dispute related to energy price increase.
- Representing Mr. Sanjeev Gupta, CEO and Chairman of GFG Alliance, in litigation against ICP Origination I LLC and American Industrial Partners, a PE firm based in NY who act as secured lender to ALVANCE Aluminium Duffel.
Belgium > Employment Tier 2Clients including public authorities and major multinationals flock to Liedekerke‘s employment and benefits team for ‘hands-on advice‘ on labour law issues ranging from collective dismissals and closures to disputes over discrimination and harassment. Paul Geerebaert leads the team, with a long record of appearances before the Belgian labour courts as well as experience in matters such as the negotiation of agreements and transfer of undertakings. Vincent Busschaert is well regarded for his broad practice, while senior associate Leen Holvoet is seen as an ‘exceptional lawyer‘.
‘The team has vast knowledge of employment law and more importantly industry-related case law, which makes its advice more valuable and relevant. Case studies and options are presented to the client taking into account the client’s view and company culture. Speedy turn-around of queries.’
‘The partners are personable and relatable. They make you feel like a valued client. No rushing.’
‘The Liedekerke labour practice provides hands-on advice.’
‘Leen Holvoet possesses a unique set of qualities which combine exceptional acumen, complete understanding of the client’s needs, and immediate responsiveness. These, alongside superb legal proficiencies and a collegial approach, render Leen an exceptional lawyer – who is always a sheer pleasure to work with, and to be legally supported by.’
‘Very reactive and easy to work with. They bring added value to their clients in assessing the legal situation and recommending practical solutions.’
‘Leen Holvoet is very available for her clients and gives hands-on advice with a smile.’
Ashland Industries Europe
Grand Opticiens Belgium
Institute for the Equality of Women and Men
- Assisting Grand Opticiens with the employment aspects of the transfer of 35 shops of the Grand Optical brand to a potential buyer, a sale which is part of the divestment conditions imposed by the EU antitrust regulator, which cleared the sale of GrandVision (the parent company of Grand Opticiens Belgium) to EssilorLuxottica.
- Advising Liberty Liège-Dudelange, a known steelwork manufacturer in Belgium, on a restructuring involving possible collective dismissal and closure and up to 380 possibly impacted employees.
- Assisting the Institute for the Equality of Men and Women with several dismissals related to discrimination and moral and sexual harassment at work.
Tom Van Dyck
Other key lawyers:
Sarah Michot; Louise Verstraete
‘The financial law practice consists of true specialists in the field. The practice has developed an extensive regulatory watch tool that demonstrates that no development within their practice goes by unnoticed. By providing regular overviews of their regulatory watch, they also enable us as in-house counsels to ensure we have not overlooked anything. The practice also distinguishes itself from other similar practices by understanding the commercial/business interests we as inhouse counsels also have to take into consideration. Tom Van Dyck and his team are able to provide prompt, accurate and practical advice with respect to the most complex topics.’
‘Apart from the extensive knowledge of the legislation itself, the team is very much up to speed with all latest development in the field, enabling them to provide us with not only accurate but also very practical legal advice or support.’
M&G INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENTS
KBC Asset Management
Incofin Investment Management
Central Labelling Agency (CLA)
- Advised Euroclear as lead coordinator on the implementation of the Shareholders Right Directive II on Euroclear’s operations in 11 different jurisdictions.
- Assisted M&G International Investments SA in the context of the publication of marketing materials and the art. 10 SFDR documents in Belgium.
- Advised Incofin Investment Management SA on the suitability of the ELTIF status for a new AIF they wish to set up.
Other key lawyers:
- Assisting a client who is being prosecuted for several offences, including misuse of corporate assets and breach of trust.
- Assisting a federal Ministry in a criminal investigation concerning a procurement contract.
- Assisting a multinational involved as suspect in a criminal investigation concerning infringements to the waste legislation, helping them with preparing for all expected inquiries. |
Basra Oil Company
Gerard Lopez & Jogo Bonito Group
- Assisting Mr Sanjeev Gupta (GFG Alliance), the former ultimate beneficiary of Belgian aluminium manufacturer ALVANCE Aluminium Duffel, in relation to the restructuring and refinancing of the group and in relation to litigation with American Industrial Partners (a private equity firm based in New York) and its affiliate ICP Origination I LLC, acting as lender.
- Advising Basra Oil Company in relation to a conservatory third-party garnishment levied by BP Iraq NV at the request of Mammoet Salvage BV against the client to secure an alleged claim for €57,808,606.93 and possible opposition proceedings.
- Assisting VREG in the context of a conservatory third-party attachment on green energy and combined heat and power certificates held by – amongst others – Elexys NV in the database managed by the client.
‘The Liedekerke IP team is knowledgeable, prompt, efficient, pragmatic, and commercial. A go-to team for IP support in Belgium.’
‘Very diverse and young team, all pleasant to work with. True experts in IP and life sciences.’
‘Liedekerke’s team is experienced and very responsive.’
‘The team provides prompt, detailed responses to all queries. Their communication always exhibits professionalism and amicability in equal parts.’
‘Etienne Kairis, Amélia Goy, and Bernard Vanbrabant do a fantastic job.’
‘Sarah Van Den Brande particularly focuses on copyright, trade marks, and designs within the IP practice, while also utilising her knowledge in commercial and contract law. Trusted knowledge of the market.’
‘Amélia Goy is unwaveringly helpful and forthright. High-quality work and consistent results.’
‘Sarah Van Den Brande is excellent to work with, and has a hands-on approach.’
Communaute Francaise De Belgique
Maritime Coastal Agency
Sunday B. Morning
- Representing the Association of International Collective Management of Audiovisual Works (AGICOA) and its Belgian affiliate, AGICOA Europe Brussels, in litigation proceedings against various parties, including BAVP, Telenet, Orange, Voo and Brutélé.
- Represented L’Oréal in a patent infringement dispute related to the technology at the basis of its Steampod 3.0 device.
- Assisting Sunday B. Morning in relation to its trade mark portfolio in Belgium, as well as in enforcing its rights against the previous owner of the Sunday B. Morning business.
Jean Pierre Kesteloot
‘They are legal experts and very pragmatic; they make themselves available. They make sure their output is useful based on the needs of the client.’
‘They study the matters very well, and they are always available, even in case of an emergency during the weekend.’
Iberia Lineas Aereas de Espana
NMBS / SNCB
BCA Europe Transport Solutions
Axis Specialty (former Aviabel)
- Assisted Brussels Airlines in legal proceedings before the French-speaking Enterprise Court of Brussels against its former component support service provider, Sabena Aerospace Engineering, as a consequence of the contract termination amidst the Covid crisis.
- Represented Iberia in court in relation to a claim by a travel agent regarding the recovery of compensations the travel agent paid out to customers over various years as a result of different incidents on Iberia flights.
- Advised and assisted SNCB (National Railway in Belgium) in several matters in the past months, amongst others in relation to various commercial contracts and providing an opinion on the accessibility of the new SNCB vending machines/automats in the framework of a contract.
Belgium > Tax Tier 3Liedekerke‘s tax practice is strongly focused on transactional tax issues, assisting Belgian and international clients with both contentious and non-contentious matters. The team is jointly led by Lievin De Wulf, who specialises in the tax elements of business and corporate law, and Pierre Desenfans, who has niche expertise in real estate tax.
Lievin De Wulf; Pierre Desenfans
Other key lawyers:
Jasper Bossuyt; Leila Baddour
‘They have a very practical approach and understand the client’s needs very well. So, they are not only technically very skilled, but also practical.’
‘Liedekerke’s tax practice is reputable in real estate tax matters.’
‘Strong knowledge, quick to deliver, very good availability.’
‘Very knowledgeable and experienced team. Great experience in real estate.’
‘Good and direct contact. Usually readily available. Immediate assistance.’
‘Lievin De Wulf is an expert in his field and can assist in any transaction very efficiently.’
‘Pierre Desenfans is very experienced in real estate tax matters. He is solution-oriented, practical and knows everything in that area.’
‘Lievin De Wulf stands out for his efficiency, reliability, capacity to adapt, and good sense of humour. Leila Baddour is a solution provider who is available and efficient.’
- Advising a multinational chemicals company on the Belgian tax aspects of soil remediation costs and its €571m remediation agreement with the Flemish Government.
- Assisting a major real estate investor in a mutual agreement procedure with the relevant Belgian and French authorities in order to resolve a tax dispute over the sale of the shares of French real estate companies leading to a situation of double taxation that violates the Belgium-France Tax Treaty.
- Assisting a hotel chain with the tax aspects of the acquisition of a Brussels hotel.
Liedekerke > Firm Profile
With over 55 years of experience in all major areas of Belgian and European business law, Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick stands out among Belgian law firms. It is one of the largest independent law firms in Belgium, with over 110 lawyers (including 29 partners), and offices in Brussels, London, Kinshasa and Kigali.
Our clients include international and domestic businesses, from start-ups and private companies to major listed companies and multinational corporations, as well as financial institutions, governmental bodies and intergovernmental institutions.
Liedekerke is a full-service firm providing advisory, regulatory, transactional, and litigation capabilities in more than 16 business areas, including a private client practice area.. The firm also has dedicated sector teams.
Our lawyers teach in Belgium and abroad, sit as arbitrators, are recognized authors and are regularly called upon to draft legislation.
With strong local roots and Belgian identity, the firm has excellent international connections and global reach.
|Managing Partner; Labour & Employment||Vincent Busschaertfirstname.lastname@example.org||+ 32 2 551 15 22|
|Real estate||Yves Delacroixemail@example.com||+32 2 551 14 18|
|Corporate and M&A||Christel Van den Eyndenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+32 2 551 15 35|
|Tax||Lievin De Wulfemail@example.com||+32 2 551 15 70|
|Environment||Dominique Devosfirstname.lastname@example.org||+32 2 551 15 55|
|Intellectual Property||Etienne Kairisemail@example.com||+32 2 551 14 32|
|Employment||Paul Geerebaertfirstname.lastname@example.org||+32 2 551 14 58|
Staff FiguresPartners : 29 Lawyers non-partners : 70+ Staff (non-lawyers) : 50+
LanguagesDutch English French
Liedekerke is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting diversity and inclusion. We believe having a diverse workforce and striving for equality will improve our impact on society and the community in which we operate, and improve our firm’s culture and performance.
We endeavour to create an environment at our firm in which people are treated equally and with respect, regardless of their gender, race, religion or belief, affectional and sexual orientation, disability or age.
We do so by imposing specific diversity policies and procedures in all departments and business units, particularly in the recruitment and evaluation process of both lawyers and support staff, as well as in our relations with suppliers and other third parties.
We attract talents from the widest possible pool and make an effort to recruit lawyers and staff members from different backgrounds and nationalities. Our lawyers and staff are from various ethnic backgrounds (currently some 20% of our staff is of non-Belgian origin) and collectively we speak no less than 11 languages.
Some of our lawyers work on a voluntary basis at the Royal Institute IRSA, which is the largest Center in Belgium for teaching and education for people with impaired vision, speech and hearing.
We have also been at the forefront of addressing the issue of gender balance in private practice for many years now. Like most firms, we have also struggled to keep talented female lawyers on board and on the partnership track. Through internal policies and an active role in various initiatives, we have been pushing this agenda and are now achieving tangible results. The percentage of female partners has been on the rise.
For many years now, our firm has participated in and supported a variety of initiatives, including:
LDIA (Legal Diversity & Inclusion Alliance): Liedekerke is a founding member of the LDIA, a cross law firm alliance launched in Brussels in January 2019. Members of the LDIA commit to build a diverse and inclusive workplace in which everyone benefits from equal treatment and opportunities, irrespective of race, ethnic or social origin, gender or sexual orientation, age, disability, language, religion, political preference or any other grounds of personal discrimination.
Women in Law: Designed to provide encouragement and support for talented women in law firms, the program brings together women from different disciplines and various fields in small groups to foster and encourage their professional development.
Women on Board: a non-profit association created by five women, one of whom is a former Liedekerke partner, dedicated to promoting womens access to directorship roles within Belgian enterprises (public and private). Our firm has also contributed by organizing legal seminars on topics such as director’s liabilities, responsibilities and remuneration.
Lex Mundi GOAL: Liedekerke is the exclusive Belgian member of Lex Mundi, the leading global network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries. Lex Mundi Global Opportunities for Advancement and Leadership for Women in the Legal Profession address this challenge by identifying and providing specific resources to assist firms in the advancement and retention of women within the legal profession.
Belgium: Bribery & Corruption
Published: June 2023
Authors: Magda VandebotermetMargot VandebeekBruno Aguirre
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Bribery & Corruption laws and regulations applicable in Belgium.
Belgium: Corporate Governance
Published: March 2023
Authors: Christel Van den EyndenValérie SimonartFleur VanswijgenhovenMax Le BlancThomas Verbergt
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Corporate Governance laws and regulations applicable in Belgium.
Belgium: White Collar Crime
Published: September 2023
Authors: Magda VandebotermetMargot Vandebeek
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of White Collar Crime laws and regulations applicable in Belgium.
Belgium: Intellectual Property
Published: September 2023
Authors: Sarah van den BrandeEtienne KairisBernard Vanbrabant
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Intellectual Property laws and regulations applicable in Belgium.
Belgium: Employment and Labour Law
Published: May 2023
Authors: Vincent BusschaertPaul GeerebaertBruno AguirreSiemen Buttiëns
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Employment and Labour laws and regulations applicable in Belgium.
Belgium: Mergers & Acquisitions
Published: March 2023
Authors: Jacques MeunierWim DedeckerCéline TallierMaurits Arnauw
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Mergers & Acquisitions laws and regulations applicable in Belgium.
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Retail
- Real estate and construction
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition: Belgian law
- Dispute resolution
- EU regulatory: Financial services
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Intellectual property