International trade in Ukraine
Other key lawyers:
Oleksandr Tereshchenko; Anna Babych
‘I like the quality of Aequo’s analysis and its hands-on expertise. They can complete work at a quick rate, and they can even work overtime towards tight deadlines. The work is excellent – there is nothing to improve.’
‘Aequo’s team works in tandem with each other. We have been working with Aequo for several years and I could state that they are developing and working really well to satisfy the needs of their clients.’
‘Our main contact is Oleksandr Tereshchenko. I am grateful to him for his personal involvement in our project. Indeed, he is knowledgeable in his field and has all the necessary communication skills. The latter played a critical role in our project, as it brought together several stakeholders and Oleksandr successfully dealt with many sensitive issues.’
‘I would like to emphasise the role of Mariya Nizhnik – she really understands how the competition authority works and provide sound advice to clients.’
BSN medical GmbH
Smart Maritime Group
LTG Cargo Ukraine
Soldi & Co
European Business Association (EBA)
- Advising EBA on launching a Ukrainian voluntary initiative for collecting and disposing of empty pesticide containers.
- Assisting Smart Investments with elaborating a package of measures for the development of shipbuilding in Ukraine.
- Successfully represented ArcelorMittal in a dispute over the anti-dumping duty applied to its competitor, a Moldova-based producer, before the Supreme Court.
Aminat Suleymanova; Iryna Moroz; Ivan Kasynyuk
Other key lawyers:
Yurii Bedenko; Pavlo Lebediev
‘AGA Law Firm is an international law firm, well known for it best quality expertise and experience. They are a key player in their area of expertise.’
‘AGA practitioners have a deep knowledge in international trade, I can confirm their valuable experience in the grain and oil trading sphere. AGA practitioners are aware of all peculiarities of this business therefore provide services in pre-arbitration settlements very effectively.’
‘Ivan Kasynyuk, Aminat Suleymanova and Iryna Moroz are three partners that perform their role perfectly, they dig deep into the case and are supporting the case from the beginning to the successful completion. They are able to analyse tricky cases and to propose the best settlement for the client.’
‘AGA Partners is one of the leaders among law firms. Despite the ongoing conflict, their team is always kind and available over the phone, email, etc. We think that it shows their professionalism and high skills.’
‘We closely work with Irina Moroz and Yurii Bedenko. They are highly qualified lawyers, always stand by and control every case that they deal with. We had a specific case concerning the non-fulfilment of contractual obligations by buyers, and with the help of AGA Partners we finalised this case in a positive way.’
‘In my opinion, the uniqueness of the team lies in the professionalism, quality and efficiency of the partners. In short – always in touch and ready to solve problems professionally.’
‘Ivan Kasynyuk – leading partner, highly competent with hands-on approach to dispute resolution. We also worked with Pavlo Lebediev who has a good understanding of international commercial arbitration.’
AK NISASTA SAN. VE TIC. A.S.
Alliance Grain Trade
ARIA Commodities (Cayman) Limited
Arnika Organic Europe AG
Bek Tarim/Hitit AG
BSS Group LTD
China National Building Materials and Equipment Import & Export Corporation
ERGOLENS ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Grow The World
Georgian Business and Development Company LLC
INFAVOR Sp. z. o. o
Logan Edzell Crerar
MAX KRÓLIKOWSKA DANUTA SPÓŁKA KOMANDYTOWA
PAMYAĞ GIDA VE KİMYA SAN. TİC. LTD. ŞTİ
Ofis Yem Gida Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS
“Delta Wilmar Ukraine” LLC
L&A Trade LLP
Reed Smith LLP
GrainCorp Operations Limited
Viking Trading OU
LLC “KUKHAR RISHELIE”
Royal Garden LLP
Poseidon Tradewaves Limited
Gals Agro LLP
KTL Ukraine LLP
MMT Commodities GmbH
Risoil Overseas Ltd
TRADEX GIDA DIS TIC LTD STI
Mova Trade Gida San. Tic. A.S.
Millcorp Geneve SA
ADAMA UKRAINE LLC
Agro Metal FZCO
Miloubar Agriculture Cooperative LTD
NCH Capital Inc. (UK)
Harvest Group S.A.
State Food Grain Corporation of Ukraine, PJSC
ADM Company GmbH
POSCO Daewoo Corporation
COFCO Agri Resourses LLC
Astarta Holding LLC
Myronivsky Hliboproduct (MHP)
Olam International Limited
Marcopolo Commodities SA
GAFTA Kyiv Office
Oleos Trading Limited (UK)
Ronly Holdings Ltd (UK)
Smart Trade Overseas SA
Fergus Kazakhstan LLP
Mimier Trade SA
- Advised Agroprosperis on negotiations with counterparties from six jurisdictions concerning the delivery of cargo worth $53m by vessels which have been blocked in Ukrainian ports.
- Advising a major UK trading company on various matters related to performance of sale contracts governed by English law, including application and interrelation of force majeure clauses and war risk clauses, for a total of $10 million.
- Advised a major Swiss agritrader on the preparation of sample draft sale contracts concerning the delivery of agricultural commodities governed by English law.
Alexey Pustovit; Gleb Bialyi
Other key lawyers:
Olesia Kryvetska; Anton Sintsov
‘They have used all necessary legal means to protect our clients’ interests and went to great lengths to put forward legal and economic arguments.’
‘Asters international trade practice has a strong track record in the field. The lawyers have cross-departmental specialisation covering competition law, customs law and FDI, along with trade law. This helps the team to come up with certainly valuable solutions throughout the case. They are also are successful in integrating marketing research and GR-related initiatives into the project’s strategy.’
‘The team works extremely well under time pressure and in stressful situations, which was particularly important for our project during the invasion of Ukraine.’
‘Alexey Pustovit has also has a strong expertise in competition and antitrust, knows the market, takes a very open and client-oriented approach which determines the way the team handles the projects. He skillfully manages multiple-party cases and has a good understanding of clients’ business priorities.’
‘Counsel Olesia Kryvetska is definitely a rising star, she is very competent in both Ukrainian and WTO law, her academic background is what makes Asters’ team profile distinctive from other law firms’ trade practices.’
‘Asters is regarded as one of the top international trade practices in Ukraine, which is well deserved.’
‘Alexey Pustovit is a skillful manager, he definitely knows how to build bridges with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues.’
‘Asters is one of the leading law firms in Ukraine, with excellent contacts and offices internationally. I have found it a reliable and innovative partner, with excellent substantive and language capabilities. I have recommended it to several clients.’
ADOÇİM ÇİMENTO BETON SANAYİ ve TİCARET A.Ş.
Akçansa Çimento Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
AŞKALE ÇİMENTO PAZARLAMA SAN. VE TİC. A.Ş.
Bartın Çimento Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (SANKO Holding)
Çimko Çimento ve Beton Sanayi Ticaret A.Ş.|(SANKO Holding)
Çimsa Çimento Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
DEPS Telecom LLC
DINCER CIMENTO BETON MADENCILIK SANAYI VE TICARET A.Ş.
Eurasia Telecom Sp. z.o.o.
European Invest LLC
KAVÇİM ÇİMENTO SANAYİ VE TİCARET A.Ş
Qingdao Honesteel Metal Co., Ltd.
Rybnitsa Cement Plant CJSC
SANKO Dış Ticaret A.Ş. (SANKO Holding)
Shandong Hwafone New Materials Co., Ltd.
Shandong Iron&Steel Group Jiangsu Trading Co., Ltd.
Shandong Boxing Huaye Industry and Trade Co., Ltd.
Trans Lok SPE LLC
WENDAR ENTERPRISE CO., LTD
ZHEJIANG CHENGMING INDUSTRY & TRADE CO., LTD.
Medi GmbH & Co. KG
Miniso Hong Kong Limited
LLC Urozhaina Kraina
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office
Other key lawyers:
Other key lawyers:
‘Unique combination of knowledge of both English law and local legal practice gives a great advantage in building cases and multi-level strategy of protection of clients’ interests.’
‘Danil Hristich provides encyclopaedic knowledge and exceptional readiness to participate in emergency cases. Highly competitive professional level.’
‘The team consists of highly professional lawyers with strong litigation and arbitration experience. We highly appreciate that they always try to understand the commercial rationale behind the dispute.’
Integral Petroleum S.A.
Petrochemical Logistics Ltd
Blockchain Optimization S.A.
- Acted for a Ukrainian sunflower oil trader in a cross-border dispute for $1.4m, which included an arrest of a vessel in Malta, arrest of cargo in the Netherlands, arbitration in London and enforcement in Cyprus and Switzerland.
- Represented Integral Petroleum before the High Court of Justice in relation to the non-payment of shipping cargo, obtaining default judgments in the amount of nearly £8m.
- Representing Petrochemical Logistics and Blockchain Optimization before the High Court in relation to recouping clients’ £2.3m investment in a fraudulent scheme.
Ilyashev & Partners
Other key lawyers:
The Association of Cement Producers Ukrcement
Ivano-Frankivsk Cement Plant
Kryvyi Rih Cement
Druzhkovka Hardware Plant
COFCO Agri Ukraine
Zaporozhye Ferroalloy Plant
Nikopol Ferroalloys Plant
UkrRosKhim (Ukrainian Plant Chemistry)
Odessa Cable Plant “ODESKABEL”
YUZHKABEL (Yuzhcable works)
Ukrainian Match Factory
Ukrainian Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Producers Association
The Ukrainian association of producers of ferro-alloys and other electrometallurgy products (UkrFa)
Ukrainian Centre for European Policy
Moldova Steel Works
Eurotrubplast Trading House
- Representing Ukrainian cement producers in an anti-dumping investigation concerning imports to Ukraine of cement originating in the Russian Federation, the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Moldova.
EMERGY AS group of companies (Ukraine/Norway)
PA Energocomplekt LLC
PJSC Centravis Production Ukraine
- Represented PJSC Centravis Production Ukraine in a sunset review of anti-dumping measures against imports of seamless corrosion-resistant pipes.
- Represented EMERGY in a safeguard investigation against imports of cables to Ukraine initiated by Odeskabel and Yuzhkabel.
- Representing Epiroc Mining India and Epiroc Ukraine in a safeguard investigation against imports of three-cone drill bits into Ukraine, initiated by UBT.
Alexander Weigelt; Volodymyr Yakubovskyy; Oleksandr Aleksyeyenko
- Representing Bergader Privatkäserei, as an interested party, in a safeguard investigation concerning imports of certain types of cheese.
Oleksiy Katasonov; Vita Miroshnychenko
‘The team is full of great people who are proactive, constantly follow updates in local legislation and look for opportunities to apply them in reality, deliver training materials and support with difficulties.’
‘Under the current project I closely collaborate with Vita Miroshnychenko, who is an excellent expert in customs and trade activity and proactively delivers great knowledge and expertise in a fast-paced environment, considering specifics of UA integration into EU and all related topics.’
‘PwC team has open mind and they take initiative in resolving the client’s inquiries.’
Polpharma UA LLC
LTG CARGO UKRAINE, LLC
FLEXTRONICS TOV PLANT, LLC
Winner Imports Ukraine LTD, LLC
Swiss Krono, LLC
Aptiv Global Operations Limited
Leopold Kostal GmbH & Co. KG
Apple Ukraine LLC
Hankook Tire Ukraine LLC
LEONI Bordnetz-Systeme GmbH
A/T B.A.T. – PRILUCKY TOBACCO COMPANY PJSC
JT INTERNATIONAL UKRAINE CJSC
BSH Pobutova Technika TOV
Goodyear Ukraine LLC
PSP Pharma Ltd
Swiss Krono LLC
- Advised Ignitis UAB on entering the Ukrainian gas and oil market.
- Assisted Winner, Flextronics, Swiss Krono, Goodyear, BAT and BSH with a fit and gap analysis concerning compliance with AEO criteria.
- Advised Aptiv Global Operations on obtaining inward processing authorisation in Ukraine.
‘The most professional team for international trade practice in Ukraine.’
‘Anzhela Makhinova leads with exceptional knowledge of the topic and practice.’
‘The unique practices of this company are an individual approach to the needs of the client and the selection of the necessary specialists, which are necessary to achieve the desired goal.’
‘Anzhela Makhinova devotes enough time for communications, assistance with resolving issues related to international trade, and, if necessary, involves other specialists in resolving issues in other areas.’
‘We have been working with Sayenko Kharenko’s international trade practice for about 5 years on different projects. The team always delivers top quality and acts quickly and in a very solution-oriented manner, even in difficult situations. The team definitely stands out because they always go the extra mile and come up with creative ideas.’
‘The team has vast experience and top-notch knowledge. They are quick, reliable, focused on the client’s interests and very hands-on. Sayenko Kharenko’s lawyers are very resourceful, with a deep understanding of legal and factual matters, and they work very efficiently and flexibly as a team. The lawyers are very accomplished.’
‘I highly appreciate our cooperation with Anzhela Makhinova. Her strengths lie in technical competence, client-oriented commercial understanding and strategic negotiation and professionalism. Anzhela is also extremely efficient and a consultant in the truest sense of the word. She is a commercially-thinking strategist who not only determines the legal tactics but always sees the whole picture, and thus achieves the goal desired by the client.’
‘Anzhela Makhinova is a very intelligent person, with excellent communication and drive towards her team and clients. She’s very strong in breaking down complex problems into understandable, more digestible solutions. She has sensitive negotiation skills and a strong economic focus, and is a comprehensive adviser.’
AB metal Group
AKSER GROUP LLC
Association “Greenhouses of Ukraine”
Aluplast Sp. Z.o.o.
Aluplast Ukraine LLC
International Trade Facilitation Centre
JSC “Tele-Fonica Kable”
Kronospan UA LLC
PJSC “Central Mining and Processing Plant” (Metinvest)
PJSC “Northern Mining and Processing Plant” (Metinvest)
Profine Ukraine LLC
SIP Ukraine LLC
Slavyanska Sol LLC
Sweetondale Plant LLC
Ukrainian Association of Furniture Manufacturers
Ultra Play LLC
Zhejiang Longda Stainless Steel Co., Ltd
- Representing AKSER GROUP and Association Greenhouses of Ukraine in an anti-dumping investigation related to imports into Ukraine of heat insulation materials originating in Belarus and Russia.
- Representing Tele-Fonica Kable and TF-K in a safeguard investigation related to imports of wires.
- Representing Ultra Play and Kronospan UA in an anti-dumping investigation related to imports into Ukraine of plywood originating in Belarus.
Sergii Koziakov & Partners
Other key lawyers:
Sergii Koziakov; Yuri Prokopenko
‘Nataliia Isakhanova and Sergii Koziakov and Yuri Prokopenko are the best in trade!’
‘Very professional firm. They have a broad knowledge of international trade and use it extremely well.’
‘We had the pleasure to work with Nataliia Isakhanova and Yuri Prokopenko – both are great.’
The Istanbul Chemicals and Chemical Products Exporters Association (IKMIB)
HUIDA SANITARY WARE CO., LTD
Zhongan Huali Construction Group Co., Ltd.
“Klinkier Przysucha” S.A.
Shanghai Prime Machinery Co., Ltd.
Grupa Azoty S.A.
Chinese Commercial Association
Compo Expert GmbH
Gdanskie Zaklady Nawozow Fosforowych “Fosfory” sp. z o. o.
Grupa Azoty Zakłady Chemiczne “Police” S.A.,
Honghua International Ukraine Co., Ltd.
- Advising, as deputy chair of the Committee on Export-Import Activities of the Chinese Commerce Association, on a range of trade-related issues.
- Defended Belarusian manufacturer and exporter SOYUZ-KABEL in a safeguard investigation on imports of wires to Ukraine, regardless of the country of origin and export.
- Successfully defended Zhejiang Aopeng Industry and Trading in an anti-dumping investigation concerning the import to Ukraine of aluminum ladders originating in the People’s Republic of China, the Slovak Republic, the Republic of Poland and the Republic of Belarus.