Firms in the Spotlight Intellectual property
Intellectual property in Norway
Established in early 2019, IP and technology boutique ADVOKATFIRMAET GJESSINGREIMERS AS acts on the full range of patent, trade mark, copyright and trade secret mandates, as well as handling unfair competition matters, employee rights work and life sciences regulatory issues. The practice is also singled out for its international expertise, particularly multi-jurisdictional patent and trade mark disputes, and counts notable global companies as clients including GSK, Pharmaq and Orkla. The team, comprised of former Advokatfirmaet Grette AS practitioners, is led by Felix Reimers and includes high-profile patent and trade mark litigator Ida Gjessing, Amund Brede Svendsen and senior associate Yngve Øyehaug Opsvik.
‘The team acts with the utmost professionalism in marketing law and IP. They hold a very high level of legal expertise, which is clearly reflected in their advice. They are always available and always provide the most suitable legal assistance. Their availability combined with the highest level of legal expertise makes this team unique in Norway.‘
‘Only IP boutique in Norway. Extensive expertise and knowledge about the IP sector. No one knows more about IP and IP litigation than these partners together.‘
‘Ida Gjessing is a star litigator.‘
Pharmaq / Zoetis
TMK A/S (TCM Group A/S)
Norwegian Film Workers’ Association
- Representing Pharmaq/Zoetis in a case against Intervet relating to damages for the enforcement of an invalidated supplementary protection certificate.
- Successfully represented Celltrion in a patent revocation action against Biogen relating to the use of rituximab in the maintenance treatment of low grade B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Acting for Glaxo Group in an appeal against the Norwegian Industrial Property Office’s refusal to register a 3D mark representing the shape of Glaxo’s diskus inhaler.
BAHR is singled out for its patent litigation expertise and counts several high-profile patent originators as clients including Bayer, Novartis and Merck Sharp & Dohme. The team is also a key name in the market for transactional IP work including M&A and the establishment of joint ventures; soft IP matters and media-related work. Practice head Are Stenvik is a patent expert, deputy head and senior associate Knut Sverre Skurdal Andresen focuses on pharmaceuticals patent disputes, Gunnar Sørlie handles patent litigation, Lars Norheim specialises in licensing, franchising and retail-related work; Helge Stemshaug is a competition law expert, and Beret Sundet is the key contact for trade mark issues in the life sciences and TMT sectors.
‘A strong team of careful, legally astute practitioners, with excellent courtroom skills and attention to detail.‘
‘Highly professional and knowledgeable team providing trustworthy client support.‘
‘Knut Andresen is a senior associate with a very bright future ahead of him. Personable, impeccable, a superb advocate, and a pleasure to work with.‘
‘Knut Sverre Skurdal Andersen is analytical and provides well thought through advice. As a client, you can trust that he always has taken the full perspective and next step into account.‘
Reitan Convenience (Scandinavian master franchisee/licensee 7-Eleven)
Norsk Kylling AS
Umoe Restaurants (Scandinavian master franchisee/licensee Starbucks, Burger King, Leon)
Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Acting for CamelBak in a preliminary injunction action for the continued seizure of counterfeit drinking bottles by the Norwegian Customs Authorities.
- Acting for Merck Sharp & Dohme in preliminary injunction proceedings against Sandoz relating to its launch of a pharmaceutical drug for lowering cholesterol levels.
- Represented Equinor in a patent dispute regarding oil and gas well technology against Neodrill.
The 'analytical and solution-oriented' practice at Advokatfirmaet Thommessen AS is a go-to name in the market for high-profile and complex IP disputes spanning patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright and unfair competition claims, regularly acting in the Supreme Court. The group is also highly active in major IP transactions and stock exchange listings; the team recently advised Kongsberg Gruppen on the IP aspects of its acquisition of Rolls Royce's commercial marine business. Camilla Vislie heads up the practice, which also fields the highly regarded Eirik W Raanes and managing associate Magnus Hauge Greaker, who focuses on industrial patent law.
‘Thommessen has a good IP team with Eirik Raanes and Magnus Greaker. They work well together and have a good knowledge of IP issues. In addition, they have a good understanding of the industry and know what it is about. That means that they can give good advice.‘
‘Dedication is top notch, flexibility in terms of finding ways forward under difficult circumstances is very good, and competence in relevant fields of expertise is superb.‘
‘I have mainly worked with Camilla Vislie. She is highly skilled, provides reliable advice on the basis of thorough assessments of the relevant matter.‘
‘High theoretical skills and legal knowledge.‘
‘Eirik Raanes is a very experienced lawyer and is able to value the issues on their merit and is therefore well able to focus on the issues that matter. He does this in a very relaxed and calm manner with a good sense of humour.‘
‘Magnus Greaker knows the issues very well and will go the extra mile for you. He is a no-nonsense person and will provide clear advice.‘
‘Professional, friendly, in-it-together feeling, at the same time arms-length distance in terms of providing advice.‘
Dagens Næringsliv AS
BioMar Group AS
Eli Lilly and Company
Zimmer Biomet Norway AS
Enhanced Drilling AS
Telenor Digital AS
Equinor (formerly Statoil) ASA
Kongsberg Maritime AS
Krogh Optikk AS
Patogen Analyse AS
Rolex (Gros & Waltenspühl)
Intervet International BV (MSD)
Tetra Pak AB
Beerenberg Corp. AS
Nexans Norway AS/Nexans SA
Video Communications Services AS
- Represented Tono in the Supreme Court in a landmark copyright dispute against RiksTV relating to the clearance and remuneration of music rights holders for linear distribution of 24 broadcast channels.
- Acting for Dagens Næringsliv in a dispute against Retriever regarding copyright infringement and unfair competition issues relating to digital media.
- Representing Enhanced Drilling in a patent dispute relating to the validity of two patents protecting its drilling technology following a claim of invalidation brought by IKM Cleandrill.
At Wiersholm, the practice focuses on IP rich industries with substantial expertise in the media, retail and technology sectors; the group's client roster includes Monster, Visma and Orkla. The team is also a key name for IP matters relating to the digital arena and sports rights, and also handles copyright, patent, trade secret and trade mark litigation. Hans Erik Johnsen is singled out for his broadcasting, media and sport expertise; and Rune Opdahl focuses on the media, technology, pharmaceuticals and offshore industries. The practice also fields Magnus Hellesylt, who handles IP litigation, and Kai Thøgersen, who focuses on corporate work.
‘The team had an efficient approach. They distributed the different areas of the case to the individuals with special expertise in the actual question. They gave specific and clear advice during the process.‘
‘The individuals we worked with had the ability to understand the scope of the issue very quickly. They were interested and showed a lot of engagement in the cases.‘
Nordic Nanovector ASA
Aller Media Group
Novamedia Norsk Postkodelotteri AS
Helly Hansen AS
- Represented Rimfrost in a major patent dispute against Aker relating to a family of patents for several unique processes for the manufacturing of krill products.
- Acted for Visma in three disputes regarding the use of trade marks and domains in the Netherlands, Germany and South Africa.
- Represented Telenor in a dispute before the Norwegian Appeal Court against an international copyright holder, which had requested the disclosure of IP addresses for 23,000 internet subscribers to be used as evidence in copyright infringements.
Wikborg Rein's IP practice sits as part of the firm's technology and digitalisation team, led by Line Coll. Specialist counsel Hanna Beyer Olaussen heads up the IP practice area and is 'always extremely well prepared'; she is notably active in the technology sector, specialising in trade mark, marketing and copyright law. Clients also praise Gunnar Meyer as 'one of the most experienced IP litigators in Norway'; he focuses on patent and trade mark disputes. Other key areas of expertise for the practice span trade secret work, unfair competition issues, IP transactions, and technology transfer, licensing and R&D agreements. Lars Erik Steinkjer moved in-house at PGS.
‘Wikborg Rein deliver a variety of intellectual property work including trade marks and business name protection and enforcement of designs and database rights. The overall level of service is excellent, with quick response times and strong industry knowledge. The team is very good at advising when the position is unclear. Compared to other firms I have experienced, Wikborg Rein delivers with quick response times, and never complicates things.‘
‘Gunnar Meyer is one of the most experienced IP litigators in Norway.‘
‘Specialist counsel Hanna Beyer Olaussen is service minded and has an enormous knowledge of intellectual property law, especially in the area of trade marks and business name protection. She has got a solution oriented approach, is very efficient, always extremely well prepared and ready to help out. Nora Sandvik Bratheim is an associate to watch.‘
‘Gunnar Meyer’s way of presenting the arguments in court is elegantly convincing. Furthermore, when carrying out examination in chief and cross examination, he manages to get the points needed and nicely fit them with the legal arguments.‘
Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Kristian Gerhard Jebsen Skipsrederi AS
Kavli Holding AS
Toppindistrisenteret / Digital Norway
Vygruppen AS (former NSB)
Norsk Medisinsk Syklotronseter AS
- Represented Siemens in a patent infringement dispute with Subsea Solutions relating to a subsea hydraulic power unit developed by Siemens and Statoil.
- Acted for Teva Europe in a patent dispute with Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma relating to its blockbuster drug Spiriva.
- Assisting Jotun with the IP elements of a new technology and R&D and cooperation agreement with a major industrial partner.
Advokatfirmaet Schjødt advises on the full spectrum of IP matters spanning patents, copyrights, trade marks and trade secrets; and is particularly noted for its contentious expertise. In a recent highlight, highly regarded litigator Sigurd Holter Torp acted for Wingtech in a patent infringement case, which was reopened following an incorrect conviction. Halvor Manshaus and Kaare M Risung jointly lead the practice, which also fields transactional specialist Tord Fondevik, who focuses on the technology sector, and Thomas Hagen.
‘The team stands out for its deep domain expertise, availability to us as a client, ability to communicate hard legal problems with clarity, and ability to write well.‘
‘Efficient and straight forward approach.‘
‘Halvor Manshaus is a very skilled litigator with an eye for putting Norwegian IP and procedural law in an international context.‘
‘Tord Fondevik is absolutely fantastic to work with.‘
Bartec Technor AS
Fedem Technology AS (SAP)
Rile Invest AS
IKM Cleandrill AS
Brun og Blid AS
TGS-Nopec Geophysical Company ASA
Mustad Autoline AS
Cappelen Damm AS
- Represented Wingtech in a patent infringement case, which was reopened following an incorrect conviction.
- Acted for Elopak and Elopak Systems in a patent infringement claim relating to new technology for producing cartons.
- Representing IKM Cleandrill in a patent dispute against Enhanced Drilling relating to Enhanced Drilling’s patent for offshore technology.
The IP team at Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS leverages the firm’s wider media sector strength to act for a high-profile client roster including The Norwegian Film School, Filmkameratene and AGICOA. Tom Eilertsen is highly regarded for his knowledge of copyright law in the film, television, museum, theatre, music and publishing sectors; Kristin Haram Førde focuses on the technology sector, and Bente Holmvang specialises in trade mark, copyright, anti-counterfeit and design work. Clients also praise practice head and consumer goods specialist Jenny Sveen Hovda as ‘a true clients lawyer’.
‘Bull & Co offers timely and practical advice at a modest rate, compared to many other firms.‘
‘Great mix of associates and senior personnel, capable of serving a wide range of legal needs. Sees the full picture while being able to pick up on the smallest details.‘
‘Jenny Sveen Hovda is a true clients lawyer. She knows the business and is able to provide value, not only in head-to-head negotiations but also in internal matters.‘
‘Rune Nordengen is thorough, precise, delivers advice quickly and is capable of quickly understanding the matter at hand.‘
Amer Sports Corporation
Nobel Peace Center
The Norwegian Film School
Virke – The Enterprise Federation of Norway
- Advising Varier Furniture on its IP portfolio including its IP strategy, infringement matters and distribution contracts.
- Assisting the Nobel Peace Centre with IP issues including freedom of speech, human rights and brand work.
- Acting for Swims on its IP infringement and trade mark matters.
Advokatfirmaet Haavind AS’ technology, media and IP practice is led by Leif Eirik Thrane and Vebjørn Krag Iversen heads up the IPR group. The team is a key name in the market for contentious IP work regularly handling high-value patent, trade mark, trade secret and copyright litigation in the media, pharmaceuticals and offshore technology sectors. In a recent highlight, Andreas Bernt represented RiksTV in the Supreme Court in a claim relating to the copyright of music included in digital TV broadcasts. The department also assists with the IP elements of technology transactions. Håkon Bleken is recommended for contentious work, and senior associate Håkon Austdal specialises in pharmaceutical patents.
‘Friendly, easy-going, knowledgeable team. Always delivers really high-quality work on time.‘
‘Haavind has an excellent team including some younger members who have attained some excellent experience in pharma patent litigation.‘
‘Impressive ability to process and understand new technical fields, highly focused on the tasks that need to be done, understands the needs of the client, and passionate about providing the best legal advice to their clients.‘
‘Haavind understand the legal side perfectly, but can also bring great business value to our content negotiation deals.‘
‘Vebjørn K. Iversen is experienced, commercially sound and manages to always grasp the issue at hand really quickly.‘
‘Vebjørn Krag Iversen is among the top IPR lawyers in Norway. Highly specialised and capable. Provides sound advice and sees angles not contemplated before.‘
‘Andreas Bernt knows our business very well, both internally in our company as well as industry trends and perspectives. He is a great lawyer with an impressive knowledge of the intellectual property field, but also understands his clients’ business very well.‘
‘Håkon Bleken is very experienced in court. What is also impressive is his ability to dig into the arguments presented with a constructive critical gaze, resulting in an efficient selection of the strong and successful arguments to be presented before the court.‘
‘Vebjørn Krag Iversen is becoming star. Although still young, he has been involved in an impressive amount of cases within a large spectrum of IP litigation matters. He is hardworking and efficient.‘
Æra Strategic Innovation AS
Broadnet / Global Connect
- Represented RiksTV in the Supreme Court in a music copyright clearance dispute against copyright collecting society Tono relating to the level of clearance of music in broadcasts relayed from UK-based and international broadcasters.
- Defending Sandoz in patent litigation against Merck, Sharpe & Dohme regarding issues of supplementary protection certificates covering a product for reducing cholesterol.
- Representing Stim in a patent litigation claim relating to the infringement and validity of fish feed patents.
Kvale Advokatfirma DA is a key name in the market for matters in the life sciences, technology, consumer goods and retail sectors; it counts Tine, Sandoz and Siemens as clients. The group advises on all IP issues with notable expertise in trade marks, patents and IP disputes. Anne Marie Sejersted heads up the department and is praised as ‘one of the most experienced IP litigators in Norway’, Ingvild Hanssen-Bauer is noted for her pharmaceutical patent litigation expertise, Marie Vaale-Hallberg handles retail and food-related matters, and Lars Trygve Jenssen has experience in copyright, trade mark, unfair competition and licensing mandates.
‘Pragmatic yet thorough, highly skilled in IP and litigation.‘
‘The IP team from Kvale is very knowledgeable and responsive. They also have sector-specific knowledge, in particular in relation to the food and life sciences industries.‘
‘The team is truly dedicated, engaged and provides custom-made advice reflecting a high degree of understanding of the business’ needs. A great combination of commercial understanding and professional legal expertise.‘
‘Impressive collection of partners with excellent competence within IP litigation and IP matters. Their IP team has an exceptional balance between IP litigation and previous in-house industry experience, making them an exceptional strong team for Norwegian industry, as well as clients from abroad.‘
‘Marie Vaale-Hallberg is highly skilled in IP and litigation, and a pleasure to work with.‘
‘Alexander Daae is a rising star.‘
‘Anne Marie Sejersted is a highly professional and senior IP expert, with great experience also with patent litigation. She is a highly service-minded professional with a high degree of intelligence. She stands out as “rock solid”, both as a legal and strategic adviser.‘
‘Marie Vaale-Hallberg is highly commercial with a great understanding of the food industry. She is also very competent and has great experience with IP strategy work.‘
‘Kaia Bugge Fougner stands out as a highly professional and hands-on lawyer with great experience within IP portfolio work. She answers promptly, is always available, service minded, and detailed yet able to draw the big lines.‘
‘Ingvild Hanssen-Bauer is one of the most experienced IP litigators. One of a few lawyers who manage to understand very complex technical issues at a level of detail that is exceptional. This ability renders her almost unbeaten in cross examination of expert witnesses.‘
‘Anne Marie Seiersted is also one of the most experienced IP litigators in Norway, and her strength is her ability to identify the strong arguments and present these in a very convincing way in court.‘
Jaguar Land Rover
The National Museum
- Acting for Mylan and Synthon in a patent dispute against Teva Pharmaceuticals relating to a product for the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
- Representing Sandoz in a patent claim relating to the pharmaceutical compound, rituximab against Biogen.
- Assisting Tine with all trade mark matters including portfolio management issues, prosecutions and infringements.
As a leading firm for online content protection work, Advokatfirmaet Simonsen Vogt Wiig handles enforcement issues for content owners, advises on legislative changes and assists with content protection matters in the music and publishing industries; the group also recently advised the Motion Picture Association on anti-piracy issues. Rune Ljostad and associate partner Cecilia Orheim jointly lead the group, which has also been increasingly active in patent infringement cases, licensing and IP transfer agreements, and IP litigation. Senior associates Nicholas Foss Barbantonis and Hedda Baumann Heier also receive praise.
‘Dedicated to IPR and enforcement and able to communicate a message in a very nice way.‘
‘Simonsen Vogt Wiig’s intellectual property team is unique in that they have a highly collaborative approach both towards their clients as well as towards their partner law firms abroad. They show a high level of dedication, and an ability to quickly grasp the technical and commercial aspects of the case at hand.‘
‘A strong team, who are practical and thorough in their approach; readily takes on board your requirements and goals.‘
‘Rune Ljostad and Hedda Bauman Heier work great as a team, and are able to research complicated matters. They are not afraid to challenge established “truths”, and effectively build up a clear case with solid arguments.‘
‘Hedda Baumann Heier is dedicated and impressively thorough in her approach; not afraid to give an honest opinion of the merits of a case.‘
‘Rune Ljostad is very knowledgeable and great at developing an ideal strategy to see a matter through to the end and achieve the goal.‘
Motion Pictures Association
Norwegian Air Shuttle AS
Magnus Carlsen, World no 1 chess player/MagnusChess AS/Play Magnus AS
Louis Poulsen A/S
Berit Nordstrand Smarte Nytelser
- Represented Eureka Shipping and SMT Shipping (Cyprus) in a patent dispute relating to the infringement and validity of a patent for a system and method for the discharge of bulk material from a ship.
- Advising the Motion Picture Association on its anti-piracy work in Norway.
- Acted for Caprino Filmcenter in a high-profile copyright, breach of contract and marketing law case relating to the Il Tempo Extra Gigante theme park ride.
At Arntzen de Besche, Andreas Nordby and Tommy Dahlen jointly lead the group following Espen Sandvik’s departure to take up a judicial role. Dahlen, who re-joined the firm in mid-2019 from an in-house role, is the key contact in the firm’s Trondheim office and is singled out for his patent expertise. The practice also regularly handles licensing agreements, development agreements, privacy issues and domain and company name matters alongside IP litigation and transactional work. The team’s sector expertise spans the oil service and offshore, technology, retail, telecoms, life sciences and media sectors.
Baxter International, Inc
Petroleum Geo-Services ASA
Helse Midt-Norge RHF
Bilfinger Industrier AS
- Representing Smart Reamer in cease and desist proceedings against four companies in the National Oilwell Varco group relating to patent infringements and the abuse of trade secrets.
- Acting for Tono in a claim relating to the alleged manipulation of figures for the streaming service Tidal.
- Advising Shearwater GeoServices on its acquisition of the marine seismic acquisition assets and operations of WesternGeco including its global patent portfolio.
Advokatfirmaet CLP DA’s IP strength lies in its contentious expertise and the group fields noteworthy litigators including Kyrre Eggen. The practice also assists with licensing matters, contract drafting work and transactional issues for a roster of technology companies including Vivaldi Technology and View Software. Team head Stephan Brodschöll acts for clients in the internet, telecoms, technology, biotech and life sciences sectors; and Kjetil Vågen focuses on assisting retailers and franchisors.
‘Technically very strong and commercially aware with good sector knowledge.‘
‘The team is very capable, responsive and approachable.’
Agder Energi Kraftforvaltning AS
View Software AS
Agder Energi/ Los Energy AS
Vivaldi Technology AS
- Assisting Agder Energi Kraftforvaltning with a software development project for new software based on AI.
- Handling the IP elements of an energy-sector software development project.
- Providing ongoing IP advice to browser company Vivaldi.
With ‘very strong litigation skills’, Advokatfirmaet Hjort’s contentious expertise encompasses copyright, trade mark, design and marketing law, and the team is increasingly active in patent cases. The group is also a key name for media and telecoms sector clients and counts Telenor, Kabel Norge and HBO Nordic as active clients. Monica Syrdal leads the department and is noted for her media copyright expertise. Other key names include litigators Rolf Chr. Trolle Andersen and newly promoted partner Nils Christian Langtvedt.
‘Very strong litigation skills and IP experience. Also amazing ability to deal with tight litigation deadlines.‘
‘Rolf Trolle Anderson has excellent communication skills and provides good strategic advice.‘
‘Nils Christian Langtvedt has excellent organisation skills and is good at dealing with large amounts of documents.‘
Telenor including subsidiary Canal Digital
Asian Food Import AS
Oil States International
Samlerhuset Norge AS
- Representing M-Brain Norge in a civil litigation dispute relating to allegations of copyright infringement and the interpretation of copyright licensing agreements.
- Acting for Royal Streaming in a dispute with the copyright society Gramo relating to whether Gramo is entitled to collect fees from Royal Streaming customers.
- Advising Samlerhuset Norge on IP issues relating to the motifs used on the coins and medals it produces and distributes.
IP remains a key growth area for Kluge Advokatfirma AS, which is notably active in patent matters in the energy and petroleum sectors; the group recently represented NeoDrill in a patent infringement and unfair business claim against Equinor. Group head and litigator Thomas Rieber-Mohn is particularly noted for his copyright expertise in the technology and media sectors; Kyrre Tangen Andersen is ‘young, ambitious and highly intelligent’, Steffen Asmundsson focuses on contentious work, and Stian Oddbjørnsen handles software-related copyright issues.
‘IP team based in three Norwegian cities. Young up-and-coming group of attorneys, led by partner Kyrre Tangen Andersen.‘
‘Kyrre Tangen Andersen is a newly appointed partner who is young, ambitious, highly intelligent and outstanding in litigation procedures. Our no. 1 pick of all IP attorneys in Norway.‘
The University of Oslo
The University of Tromsø
Schlumberger Norge AS
Norsk Tipping AS
Norwegian National Rail Administration
The Brønnøysund Register Centre
Government Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (DIFI)
- Representing NeoDrill in a patent infringement and unfair business claim against Equinor.
- Acting for Norsk Tipping in a claim relating to the protection of its Lotto trade mark.
- Handling Mowi’s global IP strategy.
Katrine Malmer-Høvik heads up the department at SANDS, which handles the full range of contentious and non-contentious IP mandates with particular expertise in the aquaculture and fishing, energy, natural resources and retail sectors. The group is also active in trade mark matters and assists clients in the media and entertainment sector including artists and labels. Vidar Johnsen is the key contact for patent disputes and Ketil Sellæg Ramberg is active in the music sector.
‘The people I work with at SANDS are skilled and efficient, and able to provide results, often in out of court settlement. In cases with full litigation they are also very efficient.‘
‘Vidar Johnsen is a preferred attorney at law for IPR based agreements across jurisdictions.‘
‘Katrine Malmer-Høvik is well prepared and gives an impressive performance in litigation.‘
Oslo Cancer Cluster
Norway Health Tech
Three members of Highasakite
- Advising Nofima on various IP issues including the protection of its rights in multiple jurisdictions and the preparation of consortium agreements.
- Acting for Retriever Norge in a copyright infringement and breach of marketing law dispute with Dagens Næringsliv regarding the media surveillance of the newspaper’s content.
- Representing three members of the pop band Highasakite in a high-profile dispute over the rights to the band and its name.
DLA Piper handles IP matters at domestic, Nordic and global level and has notable expertise in trade mark portfolio issues, domain name work and unfair competition and market abuse mandates. Group head Petter Bjerke regularly advises on distribution issues related to digital and paper platforms, and also assists clients in the electronic communications and life sciences sectors. Competition expert Kjetil Haare Johansen is also a key name to note.
‘Commercial and proactive approach to brand enforcement issues.‘
Sjømatrådet / The Norwegian Seafood Council
XXL Sport & Villmark
Qapital (The Factory -Fintech and Insuretech)
- Advising Qapital and Factory on the Factory accelerator programme for fintech start-ups including the related IP agreements.
- Assisting Perx Folkefinansiering with its establishment and structuring work including IP protection and management work and data privacy issues.
- Acting for a global life sciences client on its distribution contracts and research and development contracts relating to clinical trials.
Advokatfirmaet Føyen Torkildsen AS’ practice leverages the firm’s technology and media strength to advise a client roster, which includes Google and the Norwegian National Opera and Ballet. The group regularly assists with IP protection and enforcement mandates with notable expertise in copyright and trade mark matters including copyright licensing, contractual work and portfolio management issues. Lars Folkvard Giske leads the team, which includes Knut Glad, who heads up the ICT and media department; and Øyvind Eidissen Ransedokken, who acts for technology companies.
Google LLC and Google Norway AS
Baker & McKenzie LLP
United Bakeries Norway AS
The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet
Anzyz Technologies AS
Bluebit Digital AS
- Advising Google and Google Norway on all their IP matters including copyrights and trade marks relating to its Norwegian business.
- Assisting United Bakeries Norway with its IP strategy including IP protection issues and portfolio management work.
- Advising Norsk Toppfotball on contract negotiations relating to the usage of image content owned by the clubs.