BAHR‘s construction practice stands out for handling non-contentious work, in particular infrastructure and development projects, with a notable emphasis on Government building issues. Onshore construction and real estate work is handled by Sam Harris, while the offshore construction and shipbuilding sector are also key areas of expertise for the practice. The team also includes Jan Einar Barbo, who is recognised for his work in the energy sector. Former group head Øystein Myre Bremset joined Advokatfirmaet Grette AS in late 2021.
Construction in Norway
Other key lawyers:
Jan Einar Barbo; Sam Harris
‘Care for their client, and try to deliver the best risk/reward advice.’
‘Flexible and available, high competence and good insight into client cases.’
‘Jan Einar Barbo is very experienced and has a good understanding of the business.’
‘The team is very dedicated to the tasks and their clients. They are knowledgeable, but seek new knowledge when needed. They are easy to work with and communicate well.’
Aker Solutions ASA/Aker ASA /Akastor ASA /Aker BP ASA
Bane Nor SF
Oslo Fortum Varme KEA AS
Joint Venture consisting of Acciona Construccion S.A.S, VINCI Construction Grand Projects S.A.S and Implenia Norge AS.
Ava Eiendom AS
Steen & Strøm AS
- Acting as legal adviser to Statsbygg on the construction of the new National Museum in Oslo – the largest Government building project currently ongoing in Norway, at a cost of NOK6bn.
- Assisting Sporveien AS with various infrastructure projects as part of a framework agreement.
- Advising a joint venture comprising Acciona Construccion S.A.S, VINCI Construction Grand Projects S.A.S and Implenia Norge AS on the tender stage of one of the largest infrastructure projects in Norway, at a total cost of NOK17bn.
DLA Piper is 'beyond doubt one of the top firms in Norway within construction law', according to clients. The team demonstrates strength in construction projects at a global level, an area in which Are Hunskaar stands out, and is also noted for its expertise in disputes, with a particular focus on liability cases. Hans Christian Brodtkorb is 'outstanding in court', and Arne Engesæth is a highly regarded mediator. Practice head Helge Neraal and Fredrik Verling, who were promoted to partner in mid-2020, are experts in the infrastructure, offshore and energy sectors; and contract drafting, negotiations and disputes, respectively.
Other key lawyers:
Hans Christian Brodtkorb; Arne Engesæth; Fredrik Verling; Are Hunskaar
‘DLA Piper Norway has a very strong team and is beyond doubt one of the top firms in Norway within construction law. They are highly competent and professional with great knowledge about the business and how things work. They stand out providing excellent legal advice together with a focus on the commercial aspect. We appreciate the technical knowledge and also knowledge of the industry.’
‘Hans Christian Brodtkorb has a very high level of knowledge and competence within construction law. He understands clients needs and is great in negotiations, as he possesses great social skills together with professionalism. He understands the business very well and is an experienced lawyer who can give advice in any situation needed. Hans Christian Brodtkorb is outstanding in court.’
‘Know the industry well, have a good overview of previous cases and outcomes and very skilled employees. The people who work there are good with the customers and respond quickly to all their inquiries.’
‘Hans Christian Brodtkorb is detailed and good at seeing cases from several sides. He is quick to give feedback and follow up on matters. He has extensive experience in the construction industry and treats clients with respect and professionalism.’
‘Exquisite combination of top legal expertise and professional insight with a customer perspective that is realistic in relation to the case you are facing.’
‘Are Hunskaar has an exquisite ability to approach matters in a strategic way that is supported and reinforced by a necessary level of detail.’
‘The team has great availability, does high quality work and is very efficient and thorough.’
‘The DLA team is very competent, high energy, very short response-times, focused, fighting spirit in court, creative in finding good solutions.’
‘Excellent understanding of design and engineering contracts and business understanding.’
Marti Group AG
Sichuan Road and Bridge Group
- Representing Marti Nordnes in claims for NOK320m from Statens vegvesen (SVV) for the Indre Nordnes – Skardalen tunnelling project in northern Norway.
- Represented COWI and AIG Europe in a complex and wide-ranging dispute between COWI and agricultural co-operative, Nortura.
- Acting for SRBG in various disputes regarding the construction of Hålogalandsbrua, the second-largest suspension bridge in Norway, with a final contract value of NOK1.4bn.
Advokatfirmaet Glittertind AS is a boutique firm specialising in construction, dispute resolution and oil and energy mandates. The firm's expertise in construction law was bolstered by the promotion of Therese Kristiansen to the partnership in early 2020. The team, which is led by Asbjørn Lyséll Dølvik, focuses exclusively on representing contractors. Nils-Henrik Pettersson has longstanding experience in construction disputes, including handling cases before the Supreme Court; and Peter Vagle acts as litigator and arbitrator and covers procedural, public law and public procurement matters.
Asbjørn Lyséll Dølvik
Other key lawyers:
Therese Kristiansen; Marius Borgen; Nils-Henrik Pettersson; Peter Vagle
‘Glittertind is a highly competent firm within construction law. The team is efficient, skilled and highly experienced.’
‘Therese Kristiansen has knowledge, competence and the ability to adapt and give advice in any situation needed. Highly recommended.’
‘Marius Borgen is a brilliant litigation lawyer, highly competent within construction law.’
‘Quick responses, good dialogue, well-founded advice.’
JV Acciona-Implenia (MossIA)
Marthinsen & Duvholt
Vassbakk & Stol
- Represented contractor Skanska and the Norwegian construction union EBA in a principal dispute regarding the interpretation of the final account regulations in the Norwegian Standard Form construction contracts.
- Acted for Hæhre in a substantial final settlement dispute relating to the ‘FP3’ project.
- Representing Implenia Norge in a final settlement dispute relating to the construction of Lysebotn powerplant.
Advokatfirmaet Haavind AS' construction team is predominantly focused on construction litigation; with the majority of partners admitted to appear before the Supreme Court, the team represents clients in disputes arising from a wide range of projects, with notable expertise in the infrastructure, real estate, energy and aquaculture sectors. Henning Nordtvedt heads up the team and is an expert in the healthcare industry. Arve Martin Hyldmo Bjørnvik specialises in contract and construction law, and litigation and arbitration proceedings, and Johnny Johansen is involved in major railway construction and water power plant projects.
Other key lawyers:
Johnny Johansen; Johan Remmen; Arve Martin Hyldmo Bjørnvik
‘They have extensive experience in handling complex and high-value disputes, which is easily seen in their preparations, pleadings and especially in the hearing. They are well-prepared and far better prepared than their competitors at presenting the case in the hearing. They not only understand the law, but they are also willing to learn the facts in depth in order to present this in Court in a convincing way.’
‘The team is very professionally skilled, quick with feedback and always gives good and realistic suggestions for solutions.’
‘Very dedicated, systematic approach and strong knowledge of the law and business.’
‘Johnny Johansen is a very experienced lawyer with expert courtroom skills.’
‘Johan Remmen always delivers in court and uses his extensive experience in the strategic discussions when preparing the case.’
The Norwegian Public Road Administration
Norwegian Directorate of Public Construction and Property
Nye Veier AS
Otra Kraft DA
Agder Energi AS
Polarsirkelen Lufthavnutvikling AS
- Represented Danish contractor Gråkjær in a lawsuit regarding the legitimacy of Fredrikstad Seafoods’ termination of the construction contract for the first full-scale land based salmon table-fish-farm in Norway.
- Acting for a private real estate developer in a complex dispute related to the prestigious and exclusive Ramsalt project (combined residence and business) located in the inner harbour of Bodø City Centre.
- Represented the Norwegian Public Road Administration in a substantial dispute regarding the RV4 Gran grense – Jaren road and tunnel construction.
CMS Kluge‘s construction team acts both for contractors and owners, as well as engineering houses. The team, which is divided between Oslo, Bergen and Stavanger and led by PPP expert Espen Nyland, offshore projects specialist Samuel Skrunes and litigator Grethe Gullhaug respectively, has a wealth of experience, particularly in Norwegian onshore infrastructure projects. Lars Ivar Nyland and Arild Skage, who handle infrastructure matters and disputes, are also key names to note.
Espen Nyland; Grethe Gullhaug; Samuel Skrunes
Other key lawyers:
Arild Skage; Lars Ivar Nyland; Nicolai Nielsen; Fredrik Aadahl
‘Very knowledgeable, not only from the legal and contract aspects but also regarding in-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of construction. This gives them the advantage compared to other firms to advise strategically on cases, giving clients the confidence that they are in control.’
‘They are unique in personal service, knowledge, flexibility and courage to create the best result for us as their client. Their quick response and fieldwork behind the scenes, combined with their efficiency and strategic thinking in meetings and negotiations combined with offensive and structured work in the court really gives exceptional results.’
‘They are great at investigating each case brought before them. If a claim looks weak, they give advice not to further the cause into that particular claim. If a claim looks valid, they help find and collect the necessary documentation, and in written communication to formulate a pointed and well formulated argumentation. Furthermore they investigate each claim under discussion thoroughly, identify weak points, and assist with a strategy for how to go forwards, and how to strengthen the claim.’
‘CMS Kluge has a lot of excellent lawyers, and some very good ones. They are adapt at internal mentoring fostering the young and promising.’
‘The time of response is outstanding. Even though we do not expect it the team delivers what we need in just a matter of hours/days.’
‘Espen Nyland’s knowledge and experience within the standard legal construction framework is outstanding. From the disputes he acts in, it’s clear that he is superior to his peers from other competing law firms when it comes to the interpretation of the standards, reference cases, having his facts straight and being fully prepared on what he can expect coming from the counterpart.’
‘Arild Skage is an excellent litigation lawyer, one of the best in Norway, also when it comes to construction contracts and dispute resolution.’
‘Lars Ivar Nyland provides excellent advice on a range of topics, and is often able to provide new insights and perspective on complex issues. His experience and understanding is of great value for us in dispute resolution and lawsuits, as he provides sound legal advice, but at the same time challenges our perspectives and positions to identify weaknesses, and prepare responses to counterarguments.’
‘Nicolai Nilsen possesses unique knowledge. Gets to the core of legal issues quickly and has excellent analytical skills. Great in negotiations.’
‘Swift and smart replies. Samuel Skrunes is truly anticipating the clients’ needs and delivering to the point. He can easily switch between English and Norwegian, making him very valuable for international clients. So an excellent partner on your side if you go into a construction dispute.’
‘Fredrik Aadahl has a good understanding of complex issues, and has proved a valuable discussion partner in relation to dispute resolution. He has contributed as our legal adviser in several negotiation meetings, and has provided timely and sound legal advice and comments on those instances.’
Bane NOR SF (Norwegian National Rail Administration)
Implenia Norge AS
AF Gruppen Norge AS
Kruse Smith AS
Nordic Aquafarm AS
PNC Norge AS
Elnett Group, including Vintervoll AS and JM Hansen AS
Kaefer Construction AS
GL Prosjektservice AS
Bertelsen & Garpestad AS
Maskinentreprenørenes Forbund (MEF)
Total Betong AS
Askim Entreprenør AS
DS Stålkonstruktion A/S
- Acted for Fredrikstad Seafoods AS, a subsidiary of Nordic Aquafarms AS, in a major dispute before the courts against Gråkjær AS, the Norwegian branch of major Danish construction company Gråkjær A/S.
- Represented Sykehusbygg in a case against Hibas AS regarding the establishment of project facilities for a new hospital in Vestfold. The dispute was related to compensation for the construction of project facilities.
- Providing strategic and legal support on Statnett SF’ infrastructure projects in Norway.
Advokatfirmaet Schjødt is recognised for its cross-practice approach to construction law and draws experience from the firm's real estate, M&A, finance, oil and gas and public procurement departments to advise constructors, architects, consultants and owners on construction matters. Ole Christian Hyggen focuses on contract drafting issues, construction projects and risk assessment work, and also represents clients in disputes and professional liability cases relating to engineering contracts. He leads the team together with Erlend Holstrøm, who advises on onshore and offshore construction projects and specialises in contract litigation.
Ole Christian Hyggen; Erlend Holstrøm
Other key lawyers:
‘Competent and pragmatic.’
‘Very strong team and a leading firm within construction law. Knowledge, competence and ability to adapt and give advice in any situation needed. They also have a strategic overview looking forward.’
‘Ole Christian Hyggen can pick up small details and understand the importance of them even if others don’t.’
‘A good, experienced team within construction law.’
‘Good understanding of the industry.’
AF Gruppenrge AS
ÅF Engineering AS
- Representing Peab in a dispute with the builder and the owners of 21 private homes in Strømsgodset hageby, Drammen.
- Representing Veidrift AS in a dispute over the termination by the Norwegian Roads Administration (SVV) of two contracts for the operation and maintenance of public roads in Follo and Vestfold nord.
Arntzen de Besche excels in construction work relating to onshore and offshore projects. With geographical coverage nationwide, the team, led by Ole Skeidsvoll Moe in Trondheim and Knud Jacob Knudsen in Oslo, provides advice on planning and building law as well as proposals, tenders and contract negotiations; it also representing clients in disputes. The group also has additional strength in PPP projects, integrated project deliveries and the hospital and healthcare industries. Stian Heimdal is a key contact for developers, contractors and suppliers for procurement matters and contractual issues.
Ole Skeidsvoll Moe; Knud Jacob Knudsen
Other key lawyers:
Stian Heimdal; Jon Gresseth
‘Very good insight into subject area and reference matters. Extremely good response and advice in relation to the expected outcome in connection with the solutions achieved by the counterparty.’
‘They provide quick and good feedback and have a great understanding of risk. They have also had a great positive impact on the negotiations in which they have participated.’
‘Stian Heimdal is very technically good, and has a unique understanding of the client’s reality, in addition to the law.’
‘Respond quickly, deliver thorough answers, are solution-oriented and show good knowledge of the industry. ’
‘Stian Heimdal has a deep and thorough understanding of every aspect of construction law in our experience so far. Beyond that, Stian has a passion for, and understanding of the industry that allows him to communicate with our organisation in a way that ensures the very best possible outcomes.’
‘What makes this team unique is the combination of efficiency, availability, and their ability to get a complete understanding of the case.’
‘Jon Gresseth is hard-working, honest and personal.’
Nye Veier AS
Veidekke Entreprenør AS
Borg Havn Eiendom AS
Veidekke Eiendom AS
Stor-Oslo Eiendom AS
Leif Grimsrud AS
St Olavs Hospital
Norwegian Fishfarming Technologies
- Advising Nye Veier AS, a state-owned company, on the construction of several four-lane roads in several projects in Norway.
- Acting for St Olavs Hospital, one of the largest hospitals in Norway, in a mediation with Statkraft Varme AS regarding remuneration for the delivery of district heating and cooling power to St Olavs Hospital in Trondheim.
- Advising Sykehusbygg HF, a state-owned health care organisation, on several new construction projects regarding hospitals in Norway.
Advokatfirmaet Føyen AS handles matters encompassing the construction and purchase of property, developments, building regulation issues, and property letting and management work. Alongside acting in a stream of dispute work for public sector clients, the team, which is led by Hans-Jørgen Arvesen, also assists private clients, particularly with PPP projects. Litigator Per Gustav Lilleaasen and construction and real estate specialist Stede Georg Nilsen are also key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Per Gustav Lilleaasen; Stede Georg Nilsen; Thomas Strömbom
‘Føyen offers good legal services with professional standing. All lawyers have good insight into the construction industry, which makes them capable to offer good and precise advice.’
‘Føyen has good digital solutions that makes it possible to conduct meetings and trials in a seamless way.’
‘Per Gustav Lilleaasen is a pleasure to work with. He has extensive experience and in-depth industry knowledge.’
‘Thomas Strömbom has an extreme commitment and a curiosity to understand the client’s industry and business models. He combines this knowledge with a very sharp legal judgment and an understanding of the industry mechanisms.’
Akershus County Municipality
Asker Entreprenør AS
Asker og Bærum Boligbyggelag
Backe Prosjekt AS
Bjørn Gruppen AS / Jessheim Vest Bolig og Næring AS
Bravida Norge AS
Biltema Real Estate Norway AS (former Buffin Real Estate Norway AS)
DNB Bank ASA
Fabritius gruppen AS
GE Tinghushaven AS
Hathon eiendom AS
Hellvik Hus Romerike AS
HR Prosjekt AS
Inhouse Geoteknik AB
JM Norge AS
Moderne Byggfornyelse AS
Municipality of Askim
Municipality of Aurskog Høland
Municipality of Bamle
Municipality of Drangedal
Municipality of Hamar
Municipality of Horten
Municipality of Kragerø
Municipality of Kåfjord
Municipality of Lørenskog
Municipality of Oslo
Municipality of Porsgrunn
Municipality of Sandnes
Municipality of Siljan
Municipality of Skien
Municipality of Ullensaker
Municipality of Volda
Municipality of Ås
- Represented NPRA in a £10m dispute regarding E39 Lavik-Skei.
- Acting as legal adviser for NPRA on three PPP projects.
- Represented COWI AS in a £17.3m dispute with PNC Norge AS.
Advokatfirmaet Grette AS handles high-profile work relating to contract law, compliance issues, public tenders and procurement mandates, as well as real estate matters, cultural monuments and planning law. The team is active in the infrastructure sector, which is a key area of expertise for Anders Myhre, who joined in mid-2020 from Advokatfirmaet Hjort. Large contractors, state-owned companies, country authorities, project management consultants and insurance companies feature on the group’s client roster. Practice head Line Wefald is a key name for construction litigation, including cases before the Supreme Court. In late 2021, Øystein Myre Bremset joined the group from BAHR.
Other key lawyers:
Anders Myhre; Kristine Sveen Halvorsen; Øystein Myre Bremset
‘The team has broad and solid expertise in the field. They work effectively and keep progress in the cases they assist. Agreed deadlines are met and clients are continuously informed about the work that is carried out.’
‘Anders Myhre has solid expertise in construction and contract law. Myhre works effectively, is available at all times and responds quickly to inquiries. He is easy to work with and easy to discuss ongoing issues with.’
‘Line Wefald is extraordinary, not only in the way she works and meet clients, but also as a person. She has the ability to get her team to work together.’
‘The Grette construction team are trustworthy and have a great overall understanding of construction contracts and can draw from extensive experience. They are very hands-on.’
‘Kristine Sveen Halvorsen impresses with great writing and an overall good understanding of the typical problems that arise.’
‘The work done by the team is very thorough and high quality. The availability is also excellent.’
‘Service minded and flexible team. ’
‘Very professional team that express a good internal cooperation.’
Moelven Industrier ASA and subsidiaries
Nye Veier AS
Norwegian Public Road Administration
Leonhard Nilsen & Sønner AS (LNS)
Hordaland County Council (Hordaland Fylkeskommune)
Bybanen in Bergen
Olav Thon Gruppen ASA
- Representing HENT AS in a dispute against Frogn municipality in connection with the construction of a new swimming facility and the rehabilitation of a sports hall in Frogn municipality.
- Acting as key contractual and procurement adviser for The Norwegian Public Roads Administration on the construction of a new road connection between Bergen and Sotra, becoming one of the largest DBFO-contracts on land in Norway, with a value of NOK10bn.
- Advising Avinor AS on contractual matters relating to the Project BHS T1 at Norway’s largest airport, which includes the development of a new luggage handling facility at the airport’s Terminal 1.
SANDS' construction team regularly advises on infrastructure projects in the road, rail and air sectors, and also handles public-private partnerships as well as contractual issues and disputes, especially in the oil and gas industry. Practice head Alf Johan Knag advises a range of key construction companies and contractors in Norway, while Geir Frøholm is singled out for his PPP, construction, infrastructure, planning and building law expertise.
Alf Johan Knag
Other key lawyers:
‘They are easy to get in touch with and always respond. Solution oriented and understand us.’
Webuild (formerly Salini Impregilo)
Carl C. Fon
- Advised Atea, the leading technology infrastructure player active throughout the Nordic region, on a project linked to media screens for Media City Bergen, a new media cluster in Bergen.
- Assisting Cloudberry Develop, the major energy and natural resources sector player in Norway, with its design, engineering, procurement and construction of a civil and electrical works contract regarding the development of the 54MW Marker wind farm.
- Advising SaPiNor, a joint venture formed by Webuild (formerly Salini Impregilo) and Impresa Pizzarotti, in its role as the contractor, with Bane NOR as the employer, on the €360m railway project contract for Barkåker-Nykirke, a part of the Vestfold Line.
Advokatfirmaet Selmer AS fields an onshore construction team with a focus on disputes, led by experienced litigator Mads Fuglesang and deputy head Johannes Meyer-Myklestad. The team's clients include medium and large-scale companies and contractors at a domestic and international level. On the contractor side, the group is particularly focused on infrastructure matters in relation to road, rail and power grid projects. Public procurement expert Karen Anne Rekkedal was promoted to partner in early 2020.
Other key lawyers:
Johannes Meyer-Myklestad; Karen Anne Rekkedal
‘They have the ability to quickly address quite complex discussions in an outstanding way. They are quick to react and help out at almost all hours.’
‘Johannes Meyer-Myklestad is an outstanding lawyer and very pleasant to work with. He is confident, nice and skilled.’
‘They are very clear and understanding, and give the client great confidence and trust.’
‘Johannes Meyer-Myklestad always responds quickly and precisely on all tasks. He also has outstanding skills in understanding our business and challenges.’
‘ They have a large team working on construction. They are thorough, professionally strong and pleasant colleagues.’
‘Mads Fuglesang is very concerned about the interests of his clients. He shows enthusiasm in promoting the Norwegian market to foreign contractors, making him a natural local contact point for cases that need to be referred.’
‘Johannes Meyer Myklestad is a pleasure to work with on a personal level because of his standing integrity and great sense of justice.’
‘The construction team at Selmer combines legal and commercial advice. They understand the industry drivers which makes them easy to communicate with and find viable solutions.’
‘Mads Fuglesang is knowledgeable, hard-working and very pleasant. Mads is at the top among peers in his industry. He answers questions quickly and precisely, without too much complexity, delivering balanced opinions and advice. It is a true pleasure to work with him.’
‘The team is well equipped with the support of Mads Fuglesang. He and Johannes Meyer-Myklestad really stand out against competitors regarding their insight and experience handling large and complex contracts. The response time is fast, and they deliver great responses on large topics in the shortest possible time.’
The Roxel Group
P. Abrahamsen Transport
- Advised Rebaioli and Rebaioli Norge, the leading Italy-based construction company and its Norway-based subsidiary, as main contractor for Statnett SF on the continuation of the central grid even further north, from Balsfjord to Reisadalen.
- Acting for Refsnes Gods, a Norway-based property developer, on the development of a large housing project in Moss, Norway, with Backe Østfold as the design and build contractor.
- Advising OPF, a Norway-based pension fund, on its development of one of Oslo’s largest real estate and construction projects, Økern Portal, which is situated just outside Oslo city centre.
Advokatfirmaet Thommessen AS is recognised for its focus on development and construction projects in the energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors. The renewables industry is a particular area of expertise, with recent projects involving hydropower plants, wind farms and interconnectors. The team is led by Jacob F Bull, who focuses on offshore and onshore construction matters, and includes litigator and senior associate Alexander Stulien, who also handles supply contracts including wind turbine and rolling stock contracts. Kristine Hyldmo Bjørnvik was promoted to partner in early 2020.
Jacob F Bull
Other key lawyers:
Bendik Christoffersen; Svein Aage Valen; Alexander Stulien; Kristine Hyldmo Bjørnvik
‘Swift response time. Legal knowledge and constructive advice with a solution-oriented mindset. Practical construction experience.’
‘Jacob Bull is very experienced, fast, creative and a very good man to have on your side of the table.’
‘Jacob Bull has an exceptional insight in, and is able to combine, the commercial and technical issues of complex construction contracts. He is highly skilled in identifying and focusing on the core issues that really matter.’
‘Senior associate Alexander Stulien grasps the practical and technical issues in construction work without difficulty, adding value to his legal advice.’
‘Deep knowledge and experience of the wind industry.’
Lyse Produksjon AS
Midtfjellet Vindpark AS.
Bremangerlandet Vindpark AS
Lutelandet Energipark AS
Odal Vindkraftverk AS/Akershus Energi Vind AS
Elektrizitätswerk Stadt Zürich (EWZ)
Eidsiva Energi AS
Sira-Kvina Kraftselskap DA
Watrium Eiendom AS
Yara International ASA
Universitetet i Bergen
K21 Holding AS
Neptune Properties AS
Mustad Eiendom AS
Statens Vegvesen (Norwegian Public Road Authorities)
Agder OPS Vegselskap AS
Engie/Tonstad Vindpark AS
Jølstra Kraft DA
Westcon Yards AS
Haram Kraft AS
Alf Brekken og Sønner AS
Green Investment Group
- Advised Green Investment Group on the purchase and development of Tysvær and Buheii wind farms.
- Advised NorthConnect on the proposed establishment of an HVDC interconnector between Norway and the UK.
- Advised Lutelandet Vindpark AS and Bremangerlandet Vindpark AS, wholly-owned by SFE Produksjon AS, on the development of Lutelandet and Bremangerlandet wind farms.
Wiersholm has a broad construction department, which provides advice on the full range of issues relating to tender processes, contract negotiations and project executions. Co-head Hans Augun Parmann was recently involved in several projects acting for the Norwegian government, including a matter relating to carbon capture and storage. Fellow co-heads Ronny Lund and Sondre Dyrland focus on public procurement and real estate law; and contractual and administrative matters related to oil exploration and production respectively. Helge Morten Svarva regularly acts as an arbitrator in national and international disputes, and is also a certified mediator.
Hans Augun Parmann; Ronny Lund; Sondre Dyrland
Other key lawyers:
Helge Morten Svarva
‘Ability to understand government processes and tailor contractual frameworks for complex commercial issues. The team provide clear advice and are not afraid of speaking their minds.’
‘Sondre Dyrland and Hans Augun Parmann have deep knowledge of government processes and the ability to simplify complex issues.’
AF Gruppen AS
Nord Trøndelag Elektrisitetsverk AS
Skanska Norge AS
Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE)
WeWork International Ltd.
Leonhard Nilsen & Sønner AS
Johs. Granås AS
BMO Entreprenør AS
- Representing Veidekke Entreprenør AS in a dispute against its subcontractor Alf Brekken og Sønner AS relating to the construction of part of the transnational E10 highway in Lofoten.
- Assisting the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy as sole legal adviser with its full-scale carbon capture and storage project.
- Represented Leonhard Nilsen & Sønner AS in a dispute concerning the final settlement of a major highway construction project (Bjarkøyforbindelsen).
Wikborg Rein is recognised for its contentious expertise, with key individuals including co-head Ola Nisja and stand-out practitioner Ola Haugen. Fellow co-head Marius Egeberg specialises in contract law, onshore construction work and infrastructure projects. Kristoffer Lerum joined the practice in early 2020 from Advokatfirmaet Torstrup AS.
Marius Egeberg; Ola Nisja
Other key lawyers:
Lars Erik Skjeide; Kristoffer Lerum; Ola Haugen
‘High quality of services and deliverables, quick responses and strong follow up.’
‘Marius Egeberg is outstanding due to his ability to quickly understand the challenge at hand, his swift approach to how issues should be addressed and his ability to produce complete and well-founded responses to problems. In addition, he has the competence in construction law to provide good advice on contract matters prior to entering into contracts.’
‘Lars Erik Skjeide demonstrates strong skills on contract law with excellent follow up skills.’
‘Extensive experience in international construction law and construction disputes, dispute resolution and arbitration. High degree of availability, pragmatic and to-the-point advice. Easy to have good informal discussions on a day-to-day basis to solve and conclude small and large matters.’
‘Good humoured and humble approach with an excellent understanding of day-to-day life at site, in combination with high skills on theoretical and practical use of the construction contracts during project execution.’
‘They have a very good understanding of our business strategy and our processes. They provide advice tailored to our needs in a clear and precise manner.’
‘Extensive professional knowledge. The team assists in very demanding negotiations with highly appreciated/beneficial results.’
‘We have been working closely with Kristoffer Lerum. He is always available, possesses in-depth knowledge of the industry, and is academically very strong. His ability to find solutions is unique.’
The municipality of Oslo
- Assisted BundeBygg with developing an innovative contract structure for the NOK2bn construction of one of the largest building projects ongoing in the greater Oslo region – at Meierikvartalet in Lillestrøm.
- Advising Siemens AS on its joint venture with Veidekke AS, which has been awarded the NOK6.8bn contract to build transformer substations at Sauda, Saurdal, Ertsmyra and Kvinesdal in south-western Norway.
- Defending the municipality of Stavanger against a lawsuit brought by the contractor, Risa, relating to costs associated with the construction of the new hospital in Stavanger.
Under the leadership of Liv Zimmermann, Advokatfirmaet Hjort's construction practice predominantly acts in real estate and construction litigation. The group also provides advice in relation to real estate transactions and construction projects, with particular emphasis on acting for contractor clients.
Røa Utvikling AS
Skanska Norge AS
HAB Construction AS
Kruse Smith AS
High Street Shopping AS
LPO Arkitekter AS
Midtre Romerike Avløpsselskap – MIRA IKS
SGP Finans AS
- Representing Peab AS in a dispute with Horten municipality related to the building of ‘Sentrum school’.
- Representing developer Røa Utvikling AS in a lawsuit brought by 54 buyers of apartments in the project Røa Bad.
- Assisting the Asker municipality with the construction of a velodrome, including commercial premises.
Advokatfirmaet Simonsen Vogt Wiig's construction practice is spread across its nationwide network of offices, giving it direct links to Norway's largest contractors and builders. The team has significant expertise in construction disputes relating to housing, public amenity and infrastructure projects, and is active in the real estate and oil and gas sectors. Kjell Sagen Berg is the key contact for construction, real estate and litigation work.
Kjell Sagen Berg
‘Kjell Sagen Berg is very professional and solution-oriented.’
‘The firm’s pragmatic approach to the matter, as well as the unique ability to quickly illuminate the actual conditions is outstanding.’
‘Kjell Sagen Berg’s professionalism and knowledge of construction law makes him a safe choice in any case.’
‘Kjell Sagen Berg is simply a unique person with a great working capacity.’
‘They are efficient, available and reliable.’
‘They are hands on and dedicated to the problems they are set to solve.’
‘Extremely competent. Swift response. Providing strategies and advice that helps our firm solve problems in the best possible way.’
‘Kjell Sagen Berg is a superb lawyer, always able to combine his well-known legal skills with a rare understanding for highly technical issues in construction. An expert in communicating with both workers and executives.’
Skanska Norge AS
Heimdal Gruppen AS
EC Dahls Eiendom AS/Britannia Eiendom AS
Betonmast Trøndelag AS
Municipality of Bergen
Overvik Utvikling AS
Ruta Entreprenør AS
Consto Eide AS
- Represented Kruse Smith Entreprenør AS in an arbitration concerning the renovation and expansion of an apartment complex in Oslo.
- Assisting Helse Fonna HF with the construction phase of the new hospital in Haugesund (Project ByggHaugesund2020).
- Assisting Britannia Eiendom AS, a regional real estate developer, with all legal aspects concerning the renovation and rebuilding of the venerable hotel property Britannia Hotel in Trondheim city centre.