Construction in Norway
As ‘one of the top firms in construction in Norway’, BAHR is highly regarded for its non-contentious construction mandates and regularly handles the market’s top matters; it is advising Statsbygg on the construction of the new National Museum in Oslo and also assisted Aker BP with the tender process for the development of infrastructure at the Alvheim, Valhall West Flank and Snadd fields. The group is also singled out for its contentious expertise with key practitioners including Sam Harris, energy, oil and gas specialist Jan Einar Barbo, Gunnar Sørlie and practice head Øystein Myre Bremset. The team counts domestic and international developer and investor clients on its roster and also has expertise in projects in the healthcare, education, offshore and transport sectors.
‘Excellent – very good knowledge.’
‘The BAHR team assists us with great competence and service on contractual matters and when we have contractual discussions with our clients. The team at BAHR is always well prepared when representing us in court. I would rank BAHR as one of the top firms in construction in Norway.‘
‘Øystein Bremset is a master in this field. He is exceptional in court and also a very nice person to work with.’
‘Gunnar Sørlie has shown outstanding competence and performance in all our cases. He has great strategic skills and is very good in negotiations.‘
Aker Solutions ASA/Aker ASA /Akastor ASA /Aker BP ASA
Storebrand Eiendom AS
Coop Norge Handel AS
Coop Eiendom AS
Höegh Eiendom AS
Westcon Yards AS
ROM Eiendom AS/ Bane NOR Eiendom AS
- Assisted Aker BP with the tender process and award of contracts for the development of infrastructure for the Alvheim, Valhall West Flank and Snadd fields.
- Advising Statsbygg on the construction of the new National Museum in Oslo.
- Representing Rosenlund Kontorbygg, a joint venture between Coop Eiendom and Møller Eiendom, in a dispute against NCC Construction relating to cost and compensation claims regarding the construction of an office building in Lillehammer.
DLA Piper has ‘outstanding flexibility and availability’ across construction projects and disputes at a national and international level under the leadership of Are Hunskaar. Other noteworthy individuals include Arne Engesæth, who focuses on offshore mandates; and litigator Hans Christian Brodtkorb. In a recent highlight, the group acted for Hent in a dispute against Sporveien relating to the final settlement for Hent’s construction of a new subway station in Oslo; other key clients include Veidekke, AIG and Cowi. Kjell-André Honerud departed to consultancy Marstrand and Bjørn Erik Mørkved joined Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS in late 2019.
Other key lawyers:
‘We wish to highlight the outstanding flexibility and availability that they provide whenever deemed necessary. In addition, access to a strong network has also been of importance for our company.’
‘They maintain good quality and a high service level.‘
‘Hans Christian Brodtkorb has provided great support in a variety of important matters. Our firm has, with the assistance of Hans Christian, also gained access to other firms within the network in order to achieve great results.’
Sichuan Road Bridge Group
Marti Group AG
- Represented Hent in a dispute against Sporveien relating to the final settlement following Hent’s construction of a new subway station in Oslo.
- Acting for Sichuan Road and Bridge Group in a final settlement dispute relating to the construction of Hålogalandsbrua, the second-largest suspension bridge in Norway.
- Acting for Marti Nordnes in a claim against the Norwegian Public Roads Administration relating to the Indre Nordnes-Skardalen tunnelling project in northern Norway.
Construction boutique Advokatfirmaet Glittertind AS is ‘a leading firm’ fielding ‘a very strong team’, which is ‘professional, precise, available and highly competent’ and has ‘the courage to raise critical questions and to be tough and honest’. The group focuses on high-profile contractor clients with its roster including NCC and Veidekke; the team also recently represented Skanska in a claim against the Norwegian rail authorities relating to disruption costs regarding the construction of a new railroad from Larvik to Porsgrunn. Asbjørn Lyséll Dølvik heads up the practice, which also includes the highly regarded Nils-Henrik Pettersson, litigator Peter Vagle and managing partner Aron Solheim. Therese Kristiansen was promoted to the partnership in early 2020.
‘Very strong team and a leading firm within construction law.’
‘Glittertind is professional, precise, available, quick at responding, and highly competent. When you cooperate with Glittertind you clearly get the feeling that you are working with the best team.’
‘The courage to raise critical questions and to be tough and honest with the client if the client has a “weak hand” (but without overruling the client, and also without being stuck with that “first impression” of the “weak hand” if new details surface).’
‘Nils Henrik Pettersson has great capacity.’
‘Knowledge, competence and ability to adapt and give advice in any situation needed. They also have a strategical overview looking forward.’
‘Very impressive how fast Dølvik is able to understand the “big lines” of a construction project, and especially all the details of each claim that is disputed.‘
‘Pettersson can pick up small details and understand the importance of them even if others don’t see it at first.‘
JV Skanska Strabag ANS
Skanska Norge AS
JV Veidekke Hochtief ANS
NCC Norge AS
Veidekke Entreprenør AS
BetonmastHæhre Entreprenør AS
Aldesa Entreprenør AS
Implenia Norge AS
AF Gruppen Norge AS
Jm Norge AS
Hab Construction AS
NRC Rail AS
Marthinsen & Duvholt AS
Vassbakk & Stol AS
- Representing Skanska Norge in a disruption claim against the Norwegian rail authorities relating to the construction of a new railroad from Larvik to Porsgrunn.
- Acting for a joint venture between Veidekke and Hochtief in a final account claim relating to the construction of a new motorway and a new double track for the neighbouring railroad.
- Representing Implenia Norge in a final settlement dispute relating to the construction of Lysebotn power plant.
Advokatfirmaet Haavind AS ‘knows the construction industry very well’ thanks to ‘a very strong team, which is quick to respond and always offers good solutions’. The practice is notably strong across contentious and non-contentious mandates and regularly handles the market’s top infrastructure projects and construction disputes. In a recent highlight, the team advised the Norwegian Public Road Administration and Bane Nor on the construction of a joint project for a new European route E6 and Dovre railway line in Hedmark County. Henning Nordtvedt heads up the practice, which also fields litigator and infrastructure specialist Johnny Johansen, Arve Martin Hyldmo Bjørnvik, who is ‘extremely committed and dedicated’; and Mikal Brøndmo, who primarily focuses on the energy sector. Andreas Rostveit and Olav Bergsaker are also key names to note.
‘Haavind has a very strong team in construction. They have first-hand knowledge of issues which are of importance to builders as well as entrepreneurs.‘
‘Haavind knows the construction industry very well, they have a very strong team and are quick to respond, which, compared to some of their competitors, is a huge advantage. Haavind have always offered good solutions.’
‘The team stands out for its engagement, knowledge and skin-in-the-game approach, providing clear opinions and recommendations.‘
‘Mikal Brøndmo has an excellent ability to identify critical details from a large amount of data. Always available, and a great discussion partner. Provides an excellent overview on a large amount of case-relevant data.‘
‘Both Johnny Johansen and Pål Martin Abell have a very high level of knowledge in construction law. They are both very confident. They understand the client and are also skilled in analysing the bigger picture in contractual relationships. These are important characteristics when trying to help the client solve complex and difficult matters.‘
‘They are fast to respond, both via email and phone. I have been in contact with Mikal Brøndmo for more than 10 years, and am extremely happy with his support along the way.‘
‘Arve Martin Hyldmo Bjørnvik and Johnny Johansen pay attention to the details, and are versatile, flexible and excellent communicators. They demonstrate team-building behaviour and are extremely committed and dedicated.’
The Norwegian Public Road Administration
Nye Veier AS
Otra Kraft DA
Agder Energi AS
Polarsirkelen Lufthavnutvikling AS
- Advised the Norwegian Public Road Administration and Bane Nor on the construction of a new joint project for a new European route E6 and Dovre railway line in Hedmark County. The team also acted in the subsequent disruption claim.
- Represented Oppland County in the Supreme Court in a case relating to the construction of a two-lane road and the conditions for awarding global claims.
- Acted for EMAS in a claim against Statoil Petroleum regarding an EPCI subsea contract on the Norwegian continental shelf.
At Kluge Advokatfirma AS, Espen Nyland leads the Oslo team while Samuel Skrunes heads up the Bergen-based practice and Grethe Gullhaug is leader of the Stavanger group. The department ‘consistently provides market leading advice and problem-solving skills’ and is ‘a definitive top pick for legal advice’; it is particularly singled out for its construction litigation experience and recently acted for Bane Nor in a disruption claim against Skanska relating to the rail line between Larvik and Porsgrunn. Other key practitioners include litigator Lars Ivar Nyland, Arild Skage, who focuses on infrastructure projects, and newly promoted associate partner Nicolai René Nielsen.
‘Kluge’s construction team has consistently provided market leading advice and problem solving expertise, and is regarded by us as a definitive “top pick” for legal advice or assistance.‘
‘They have a particularly good ability to get into the case’s complexities and analyse the case’s development in light of underlying motives.‘
‘Kluge is our preferred legal firm regarding construction law. Kluge has excellent expertise in construction law as well as litigation. Compared to others I would highlight that they know the most common Norwegian construction contracts extremely well. They also give added value to our company by advising and educating our in-house personnel. In my opinion they are, if not the best, among the two or three best firms for construction in Norway.‘
‘Lars Ivar Nyland contributes consistently with great involvement, always providing both legal and strategic advice that is market leading. Additionally, his impressive ability to extract, sort and present the facts and details of large and complex cases very effectively makes him one of the top litigators within the industry.’
‘The newly-made partner Nicolai René Nielsen has a very sharp analytical approach, providing great value in large and complex negotiations or disputes.’
‘Arild Skage has excellent personal capabilities and skills. His work capacity, skill and availability is highly appreciated in our company. Furthermore, he has built up broad experience through the years of working in construction law. I would give Skage my best recommendations.’
Bane NOR SF (Norwegian National Rail Administration)
Implenia Norge AS
AF Gruppen Norge AS
Kruse Smith AS
PNC Norge AS
Bertelsen & Garpestad AS
- Acted for Bane Nor in a disruption claim against Skanska relating to the rail line between Larvik and Porsgrunn.
- Advising Implenia Norge on the Eiganes project in Stavanger including acting in a related dispute.
- Representing Statnett in two disputes over the final accounts for high-voltage upgrade projects.
Focusing on construction projects, Wiersholm’s ‘service-minded’ department also leverages the firm’s strength in litigation and procurement mandates to handle matters which connect these areas of expertise; the team recently represented Skanska Norge in a damages claim for loss of profit against Bane Nor following breaches of the procurement rules relating to a major railway contract. Ronny Lund leads the practice, which also fields group co-head Sondre Dyrland, who advises on petroleum exploration and production mandates; Helge Morten Svarva, who focuses on the energy and real estate sectors; and procurement expert Morten Goller. Hans Augun Parmann is also recommended for contentious work.
Other key lawyers:
‘This practice offers a variety of competencies in all fields we need to get support to our company. They are service minded and offer transparency in how they execute their work.‘
‘The associates stand out in their field, always giving honest advice, working efficiently and also keeping us updated on their progress.‘
AF Gruppen AS
Skanska Norge AS
Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE)
Thales Norway AS
Leonhard Nilsen & Sønner AS
Johs. Granås AS
BMO Entreprenør AS
- Represented Skanska Norge in a damages claim relating to breaches of procurement rules in a competition for a major railway contract.
- Acting for Veidekke Entreprenør in a dispute against a subcontractor relating to the construction of part of the transnational E10 highway in Lofoten.
- Reaching a settlement for Multiconsult in a dispute relating to the renovation of the Norwegian Parliament.
Advokatfirmaet Schjødt advises its client base of constructors, architects, consultants and owners on all stages of the construction process and has notable expertise in construction litigation. The group is jointly led by Ole Christian Hyggen and Erlend Holstrøm; Hyggen handles building and infrastructure projects and Holstrøm focuses on project work and contract law litigation. Clients praise senior lawyer Marthe Stømner Smestad, who is ‘a very skilled lawyer, who produces great work’. Noteworthy clients include Veidekke, NCC Norge, AF Gruppen, Implenia Norge and Peab.
‘Erlend Holstrøm is service minded and shows great responsibility and skills.’
‘Marthe Stømner Smestad is a very skilled lawyer who produces great work.‘
Veidekke ASA, incl. subsidiaries
NCC Norge AS
Implenia Norge AS
Rambøll Norge AS
ÅF Engineering AS
- Acting for Rambøll Norge and Zurich Insurance in a damages claim relating to alleged negligent advice regarding a new waste management facility project.
- Acting for Sorgenfri Trondheim in a dispute relating to the termination of a design and build contract for the construction of an office building in Trondheim.
- Acting for Veidrift in a dispute relating to the termination of a contract by the Norwegian Roads Administration for the operation and maintenance of public roads in Follo.
Under the leadership of Hans-Jørgen Arvesen, Advokatfirmaet Føyen Torkildsen AS is a key name in the market for public sector clients and advises a client roster which includes various municipalities, the Norwegian Public Roads Administration and Nye Veier. The practice, which is ‘highly capable at handling complex issues’, also fields ‘invaluable partner’ Stede Nilsen, Per Gustav Lilleaasen, who handles contract law and disputes; and Thomas Oskar Strömbom, who advises on the planning, tendering and contract phases of construction projects. Other clients for the team include Cowi, Aspira, DNB Bank and VHV Algemeine Versicherung.
‘They are highly capable at handling complex issues and are cost efficient.‘
‘Stede Nilsen is very sharp in complex disputes and is an invaluable partner for our in-house team.’
Akershus County Municipality
Municipality of Askim
Municipality of Hamar
Municipality of Lørenskog
Municipality of Oslo
Municipality of Ullensaker
Municipality of Volda
Nye Veier AS
Stavanger Utvikling KF
Asker Entreprenør AS
Asker og Bærum Boligbyggelag
Backe Prosjekt AS
Bjørn Gruppen AS / Jessheim Vest Bolig og Næring AS
Bravida Norge AS
Buffin Real Estate Norway AS
DNB Bank ASA
GE Tinghushaven AS
H.F. Wiebe GmbH & Co KG
Horten Medisinske Senter KF
HR Prosjekt AS
Inhouse Geoteknik AB
JM Norge AS
Moderne Byggfornyelse AS
Municipality of Aurskog Høland
Municipality of Bamle
Municipality of Drangedal
Municipality of Horten
Municipality of Kragerø
Municipality of Kåfjord
Municipality of Porsgrunn
Municipality of Siljan
Municipality of Skien
Nedre Romerike Avløpsselskap IKS
Norwegian Public Roads Administration (All Regions)
NSW Arkitektur AS
Oxer Eiendom AS
Peyma Entreprenør AS
Staticus Norge AS
Storegga Entreprenør AS
The Robbins Company
Troms County Municipality
Tryg Garanti NUF
VHV Algemeine Versicherung AG
Voksenkollen Utvikling AS
Ø M Fjeld AS
- Advised the Norwegian Public Roads Administration on three PPPs for highways in Norway.
- Assisting the municipality of Lørenskog with the rebuilding of a road.
- Advised Nye Veier on the initial contract design phase for its first two road construction contracts.
Advokatfirmaet Grette AS focuses its efforts on its contractor client base, which encompasses private and state-owned companies including Hent, Nye Veier and Bravida Norge. The practice is particularly noted for its infrastructure construction and road project expertise and also handles contentious construction work, procurement issues, and matters in the real estate, energy and offshore sectors. Newly promoted partner Line Wefald heads up the group, which also fields contract law and procurement specialist Harald Fosse, litigator Rolf Markussen, road and infrastructure expert Jørgen Aardalsbakke, Marius Svendsvoll Langnes, procurement partner Marie Braadland and Torgeir Myrstad. Anders Myhre joined from Advokatfirmaet Hjort in 2020.
‘Dedicated and competent lawyers with great focus on the commercial aspect. Provides sufficient legal advice.‘
‘Line Wefald has unique industry knowledge.‘
‘Competent attorneys who possess exceptional social skills as well as professional competence. In addition, they are available if needed.’
Moelven Industrier ASA and subsidiaries
Nye Veier AS
Norwegian Public Road Administration
Leonhard Nilsen & Sønner AS (LNS)
Hordaland County Council (Hordaland Fylkeskommune) – Bybanen in Bergen
Bravida Norge AS
Olav Thon Gruppen ASA
- Representing Atlant Entreprenør in the Supreme Court in a dispute relating to the restoration works of a building owned by the University of Oslo.
- Assisting the Norwegian Public Roads Administration with the planning, procurement and contract phases of two PPP road projects.
- Acting for the Norwegian Public Roads Administration, region south and Vest-Agder county in a dispute against NNC Construction relating to the construction of a new road in Kristiansand municipality.
Bergen-based Alf Johan King heads up the department at SANDS, which is notably active in the infrastructure space and handles matters across the road, rail and air sectors. The practice handles the full spectrum of construction mandates including PPP work, contractual issues and disputes, and also recently expanded its offering in Stavanger, which focuses on the oil and gas industry. Geir Frøholm is a key contact for PPP issues, Morten Hugo Berger focuses on construction litigation, and Tor Anthon Christiansen handles a substantial amount of cross-border work.
‘Competent team with a number of specialists within construction law.‘
‘Very easy to work with. Thorough – put effort into getting an in-depth understanding of the cases that we discuss.‘
Roxel Group with subsidiaries
Carl C. Fon
- Representing Atea in a dispute relating to the projection of media screens for Media City Bergen, a new media cluster in Bergen.
- Advising Scanenergy on the design, engineering, procurement and construction of a civil and electrical works contract for the development of the Marker wind farm.
- Assisting Roxel Infra with a contract for electromechanical works for the Solbakk tunnel in the Stavanger area.
With expertise across onshore and offshore construction work, Advokatfirmaet Selmer AS acts for mid and large-sized contractors, owners and developers on projects, developments, procurement issues and construction litigation. The group is also particularly active in advising international contractors with Eltel Networks and Rebaioli as key examples, and recently expanded its offshore expertise through its merger with Kyllingstad Kleveland Advokatfirma DA in 2019. Practice head Mads Fuglesang primarily focuses on industry and infrastructure projects, Svein Sulland handles all stages of construction projects, and Johannes Meyer-Myklestad is an experienced litigator.
‘With their hard work, which exceeds expectations, we find great comfort in Selmer as our legal adviser.’
‘They have specialists in all types of issues and work strategically in teams for the best interests of the customer. Always available when you need help.‘
‘This practice has by far the best team in construction. They have the experience and the understanding of the main objectives in the construction industry in Norway. Compared to other firms, Selmer’s strength is that they have a great understanding of how things work and they try to avoid unnecessary conflicts.‘
‘Johannes Meyer-Myklestad has shown profound dedication in his work with our company. Through his personal involvement, he ensured that our need of Selmer’s broad expertise were met in full. We highly regard his opinion and advice in negotiations.‘
‘They take clients seriously and do everything to help you as quickly as possible – whether it’s daytime, evening or weekends, as well as being incredibly skilled in their profession. And if they have no answer, they quickly find a colleague who is a specialist to help. In addition, they are nice and informal and we can talk to them about anything. Would especially like to mention Mads Fuglesang who serves us in an incredibly good way.’
‘Those who I’ve been in contact with have such a great understanding of the problems that the industry is facing. You don’t need to spend a lot of time explaining the issue. They are very helpful, knowledgeable, open, fair and solid lawyers. Johannes Meyer-Myklestad is a well-known figure in the industry and is part of Selmer’s team. His engagement in the industry is priceless.‘
VIA Vika (Aspelin Ramm Gruppen and Storebrand)
- Advising Rebaioli on the construction of a power line from Ofoten to Kvandal including acting in related litigation.
- Assisting Refsnes Gods with the development of a large housing project in Moss.
- Acting for Eltel Networks in a dispute against Bane Nor relating to the construction of power lines for the Ofoten Line railway project.
Advokatfirmaet Thommessen AS leverages its ‘very knowledgeable and diligent’ team to advise on large development and construction projects in the renewable energy, infrastructure and transport sectors. The group is currently advising NorthConnect on the proposed establishment of a high-voltage direct-current interconnector between Norway and the UK and is assisting Mustad Eiendom with a property development project in Lilleaker. Jacob F Bull leads the practice, which also includes litigator Svein Aage Valen in the firm’s Bergen office. Asle Bjelland is now a judge.
‘The Thommessen team are very knowledgeable and diligent. They are fast working and always to the point. They have remarkable knowledge in technical matters and quite often ask critical questions in meetings. Their extensive experience in construction contract work has in many instances avoided legal disputes.‘
‘Very client-oriented. Understands clients needs.‘
‘Kristine Hyldmo is perceptive and delivers well. Jacob Bull always has a solid, well thought through and efficient way of providing advice.‘
‘Fast working, always available, knowledgeable and very friendly.‘
Lyse Produksjon AS
Midtfjellet Vindpark AS.
Eidsiva Energi AS
Sira-Kvina Kraftselskap DA
Watrium Eiendom AS
Yara International ASA
Universitetet i Bergen
K21 Holding AS
Neptune Properties AS
Mustad Eiendom AS
Statens Vegvesen (Norwegian Public Road Authorities)
Agder OPS Vegselskap AS
- Assisting Mustad Eiendom with a property development project in Lilleaker.
- Advising NorthConnect on the establishment of a high-voltage direct-current interconnector between Norway and the UK.
- Acting for Zephyr on the development of the Guleslettene wind farm project.
Wikborg Rein is singled out in the market for its contentious expertise; the practice includes litigators Ola Nisja (who also co-heads the team) and Ola Haugen. Department co-head and newly promoted partner Marius Egeberg also contributes to the practice and specialists in contract law and onshore construction work including infrastructure projects. The team also advises on project structure issues and construction contract negotiations. Noteworthy clients for the practice include Storebrand, Peab, the Norwegian Parliament, Digiplex and Bundegruppen.
‘Dedicated and skilled team.’
‘WR understands our business strategy and processes, which is very helpful. Advice is tailored to our needs and straight to the point. They also have very good response times.’
‘Ola Nisja is an excellent lawyer, who is also able to add value by providing strategic advice to his clients. I have also worked closely with Marius Egeberg, and he is an excellent lawyer within the area of construction law.‘
The Norwegian Parliament (Stortinget)
- Represented the Norwegian Parliament in a dispute against Multiconsult relating to the refurbishment of Prinsens gate 26, the establishment of a new post office and a new underground garage entrance.
- Acted for Magne Sveen in a Supreme Court case relating to the interpretation of construction contracts and the distribution of risk and responsibility within contracts.
- Acting for Pead in a dispute against Statnett relating to the final account for the construction of three substations, which supply electrical power to the mid-Norway region.
Arntzen de Besche handles a range of onshore and offshore construction projects and advises on the full lifecycle of projects including financing work, planning issues, building law, contract negotiations and litigation. The group has notable expertise in infrastructure projects, PPP projects, offshore mandates and issues in the hospital and healthcare sectors. Knud Jacob Knudsen leads the department and counts builders, contractors and engineers as clients. The team also has a strong presence in Trondheim, which includes Trondheim group head Ole Skeidsvoll Moe, healthcare expert Jon Reidar Gresseth and litigator Tor Kristian Lånke. Oslo-based litigator Wenche Maartmann-Moe joined the team from Wiersholm in 2019 and Stian Heimdal was promoted to the partnership in 2020.
Nye Veier AS
Veidekke Entreprenør AS
Universitetssykehuset Nord-Norge HF
Stor-Oslo Eiendom AS
Leif Grumsrud AS
- Advising Nye Veier on several projects for the construction of four-lane roads.
- Assisting Stor-Oslo Eiendom with Meierikvartalet, a property development and construction project outside Oslo, which includes offices, commercial properties and apartments.
- Acting for Sykehusbygg HF on several new construction projects relating to the construction of hospitals in Norway.
Liv Zimmerman leads the practice at Advokatfirmaet Hjort, which acts for its contractor client base in construction litigation. Noteworthy clients include KLP Eiendom, Skanska Norge, Peab and Kruse Smith. The team also assists with real estate transactions and construction projects and handles construction contracts. Zimmerman is an expert in planning and building law, and Frank Almås assists with litigation and contract work. Anders Myhre joined Advokatfirmaet Grette AS in 2020.
‘The lawyers at Hjort understand our business and are able to look at legal problems from a broader perspective, considering all the possibilities when counselling us.‘
‘They respond rapidly and are accurate in their counselling. They are a resourceful legal firm and use their expertise in the areas that are needed.‘
KLP Eiendom AS
Malthus Uniteam AS
Skanska Norge AS
HAB Construction AS
Kruse Smith AS
Selvaag Bolig ASA
Midtre Romerike Avløpsselskap – MIRA IKS
SGP Finans AS
Nyhavn Pluss AS
High Street Shopping AS
LPO Arkitekter AS
Røa Utvikling AS
- Represented Nyhavn Pluss and Selvaag Bolig in a dispute relating to the responsibility for the clean-up of contaminated land.
- Advising Avinor on a variety of construction mandates.
- Assisting Sundveien 13 with obtaining building permits for six high-end town houses on an island near central Oslo.
Advokatfirmaet Simonsen Vogt Wiig has a strong regional presence with its construction team including Trondheim-based practice head Kjell Sagen Berg and Jon Oppedal Vale, Atle Berentsen in Kristiansand and litigator Olav Johansen in the Tromsø office. The group’s client roster spans contractors, developers and construction companies; examples include Skanska Norge, Heimdal Gruppen and EC Dahls Eiendom. The practice also leverages its regional strength to handle projects in the oil and gas sector, and also counts multiple regional municipalities as clients.
‘They are dedicated, service-minded and understand the client’s commercial point of view, offering high-quality construction expertise along the way with litigation expertise when it is not possible to solve the dispute amicably. The litigators work closely together with colleagues in other departments during the process leading up to the court hearing, including experts Kjell Sagen Berg and Jon Oppedal Vale, ensuring the best quality in important decisions.’
Skanska Norge AS
Heimdal Gruppen AS
EC Dahls Eiendom AS/Britannia Eiendom AS
Veidekke Entreprenør AS
including their subsidiary Grande Entreprenør AS
Municipality of Bergen
Municipality of Trondheim
Ruta Entreprenør AS
Tverås Maskin & Transport AS
- Acting for Kruse Smith Entreprenør in a damages claim against Geotechnical Engineering relating to the renovation and expansion of an apartment complex in Oslo.
- Advising Helse Fonna HF on the construction of a new hospital in Haugesund.
- Representing Spennarmering in a final account settlement against a developer relating to a new office building in Trondheim.