Tijuana-based partner and ‘extraordinary environmental lawyer’ Federico Ruanova, who garners praise for being ‘totally accessible to the client who needs to understand environmental complications’, heads the six-strong department at Baker McKenzie Abogados, S.C., which handles environment and climate change law, waste management and disposal, audits, regulatory compliance, contentious administrative proceedings and environmental litigation. Recent mandates include advising Black & Decker on the establishment of a new industrial facility in Mexico, and Shell on compliance with the environmental impact requirements in its offshore exploration platforms. A second line of practitioners includes senior associate Mario Facio, a seasoned litigator who also has a high level of expertise in obtaining environmental permits.
Environment in Mexico
Baker McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
‘Federico Ruanova is an extraordinary environmental lawyer, an expert in his field but totally accessible to the client who needs to understand environmental complications. He is clear and straightforward in his approach, and produces confidence and reassurance’
‘Federico Ruanova collaborates extraordinarily well with clients when the points of contact are not lawyers, but technicians in the field, due to his deep knowledge of the subject matter as well as his clarity and simplicity in dealing with the complexities’
Black & Decker
Valero Energy Company
The Williams Company
- Provided legal advice and support to Black & Decker on the establishment of a new industrial facility in Mexico.
- Advised Shell on complying with environmental impact requirements in its offshore exploration platforms.
- Provided legal advice to Edgewell Personal Care on complying with state regulations on the marketing of single-use plastics.
Carvajal Machado Abogados
Carvajal Machado Abogados, an environmental law boutique established after the dissolution of SOLCARGO, was launched in December 2020, maintaining its entire team and expertise within its ranks. The team earns applause from clients for its ‘high technical capabilities’, and for its notable track record in project development, permitting and audits, as well as litigation. Heading the department are experienced partner Gustavo Carvajal, who handles both contentious and non-contentious issues, and environmental regulatory expert Carlos Del Razo, considered by a client to be ‘one of the best environmental lawyers’. Administrative litigation expert Juan Pedro Machado stands out for his work in contentious environmental matters. Jorge Gómez DeSilva is a name to note at the associate level; he also focuses on administrative and environmental matters, in addition to anti-corruption and anti-money laundering (AML).
Gustavo Carvajal; Carlos del Razo
‘Excellent team with high technical capabilities. They have a great knowledge and understanding of the needs that we raised with them’
‘The team is very knowledgeable and diligent, their response times are very good. They are very up to date on energy issues’
‘Carlos del Razo is one of the best environmental lawyers I know. Gustavo Carvajal is very experienced and knows many people in the field, his advice is always timely’
‘They stand out for their moral solvency, their professionalism and their academic presence in the most recognised national forums’
Sistemas de Tratamiento Ambiental
Nautilus Explorer México (Icarus Aviation)
Aceros Camesa (Wire Co World Group)
Atlas Renewable Energy
Ministry of Economy
- Advised Zuma Energía on the acquisition of new environmental warranties.
- Advised Grupo SADASI on engagement with several ejidatarios north of Mexico City to acquire their communal plots of land once they incorporate their property into private ownership.
- Advised Valeo on the status of the prohibition of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), a substance heavily used in the automotive industry, agreed under the Stockholm Convention.
Celis Aguilar Álvarez, Guzmán Sarti y Asociados, SC
Highly regarded environmental law boutique Celis Aguilar Álvarez, Guzmán Sarti y Asociados, SC handles the gamut of environmental matters, both contentious and non-contentious, with regulatory advisory, compliance, audits and concessions, licenses and permitting among its areas of strength in the latter. Well-known partner Humberto Celis leads the overall department, while Cancún office head Cristina Sánchez leads the firm’s engagement with the tourist industry, and Roberto Antonio Guzmán Sartí directs the consulting and litigation areas related to environmental impact, residues, emissions, remediation, citizen participation, indigenous consultations and climate change. Also of note is the team’s talented pool of associates, with Gabriela Espir (who specialises in administrative, civil constitutional and environmental litigation) and David Salgado López (who is particularly active in the mining sector) as key contacts.
Maintaining steady growth in recent years, the eight-strong environmental practice at Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, S.C. is well known for its expertise assisting on the environmental aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings and other real estate and business transactions, as well as in energy and infrastructure projects. With environmental and real estate expert Carlos de Icaza at the helm, the team also shows good capabilities handling regulatory matters, compliance and administrative litigation. Recent work highlights include advising Grupo Celanese on the environmental law aspects of closing a manufacturing facility in Poncitlán, Jalisco. Mid-level associate Alejandro Castelló is another key member of the team.
Carlos de Icaza
‘Creel is open to listen and review the client’s situation, needs and look for practical solutions. Availability, knowledge of international environmental standards, familiarity with corporate policies’
‘Responsive, pragmatic, smart’
‘Carlos de Icaza is an outstanding environmental partner. Impressively responsive, he’s up-to-date, direct, and commercial. Good about making sure he clarifies and understands what we’re after and focuses his efforts on responding to that, rather than what he guesses we might find useful, and he gets his team similarly aligned’
Aurora Capital Partners Management
Altamont Capital Partners
Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Tec de Monterrey)
China Power Holding International Limited
White Summit Capital
Korea Electric Power Corporation, and Sprott Global Renewable Private Equity Fund III.
- Advised Legacy Vulcan on various environmental aspects of CALICA’s operations in Mexico, including regarding an international investor-state claim arbitration.
- Acted as counsel to Grupo Celanese on all federal, state and municipal environmental legal requirements applicable to the shutdown of its industrial manufacturing complex located in the municipality of Poncitlán, Jalisco.
- Acted as Danfoss’s local counsel in Mexico in the purchase of the Mexico portion of Eaton’s Hydraulics business; globally, the deal was worth $3.3bn.
The team of ‘deeply experienced and talented lawyers’ at González Calvillo, SC handles the full range of preventative and advisory environmental work, as well as all related litigation, with a notable track record representing clients before environmental ministry SEMARNAT, water agency CONAGUA, and the Federal Environmental Protection Prosecutor (PROFEPA). The department, which boasts particular expertise in energy, water management and hazardous waste control, is headed by seasoned partner Leopoldo Burguete-Stanek, widely regarded in the market, who draws on over 30 years of experience advising on the gamut of environmental matters, with a particular emphasis on regulatory, due diligence and project development in relation to cross-border deals. Counsels Enrique Muñoz Guízar, who has a focus on environmental law and regulatory matters, especially those related to national waters, public bids and administrative procedures; and Carlos Castilla, who handles contentious administrative environmental matters, bring in key expertise to the practice. A constitutional and regulatory specialist with particular expertise in social impact assessment matters, Julia González Romero is also noted. Since publication, González has been raised to counsel – effective as of January 2022. However, sadly, in March the firm announced the untimely loss of Burguete-Stanek; a member of the firm for over 15 years, he will be sadly missed.
‘Excellent knowledge of the hydrocarbon sector’s environmental and industrial safety regulations. They keep us constantly up to date with regulations. One of the best teams in the market’
‘They propose solutions to the problems with a solid technical-legal support and with the vision of short-term solutions, and warn very well of the possible risks’
‘They stand out for their availability and service vocation with knowledge, innovation, quality and corporate vision’
‘Enrique Muñoz has been key for us. He has good contacts with the environmental authorities and makes a good match, which allows him to handle the matter well and move it forward’
‘They send communications on environmental issues (noise, water, soil, air), and changes in legislation. Carlos Castilla Cruz is one of their specialists’
‘The practice has a wealth of deeply experienced and talented lawyers, which allows them to provide top notch advice on a range of topics, especially in a time where there are many changes in the regulatory and legal landscape’
‘They have great knowledge of the various environmental reforms and the extent to which they are being applied in practice. Excellent service from Georgina Zavala’
‘Deep knowledge of the new class action procedures and good relationships with the relevant regulators. Leopoldo Burguete and Julia Romero are impressive practitioners. Julia gave a top notch presentation to a regulator; she is a rising star’
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Development Agency dependant of the German Ministry of Environment)
M3 Resources Mexico
Gas y Petroquímica de Occidente (GPO)
Qualtia Alimentos Operaciones
Restaurante San Francisco Palancar
M & M Desarrollos
Operadora Playa Virrey
Pacific Lifestyle Properties
Selina (Dekel Hotels)
Viceroy Los Cabos and Riviera Maya
Promociones e Inversiones Almendro
- Advised Deutsche Gesellschaft Für Internationale Zusammenarbeit regarding the implementation of an emissions trade system in Mexico (based on a pilot programme of the Mexico emissions trading scheme launched January 2020 for a three-year term).
- Advised Symrise on obtaining an exemption of environmental impact authorisation for the development of a project.
- Representing Chemours in an amparo trial before a District Court in Torreón, Coahuila, regarding environmental permits and/or authorisations granted in favour of Chemours for the Project Chemours Laguna.
Vera y Asociados
Vera y Asociados is a well-established environmental law boutique in Mexico. The firm is well equipped to assist clients operating in relevant industries, from energy and mining to tourism and manufacturing, on the gamut of environmental matters. Names to note include Alejandro Aldana, who maintains a focus on water law, environmental impact assessments, and environmental matters connected to energy projects; Cancún office head Gerardo Freyre; and Gabriel Bustamante, who directs the environmental consultancy department. Senior associates Daniel Gómez Ramírez and María de Lourdes Bello Sánchez, who coordinates the social and indigenous consultation group, are also key contacts. The firm also counts on a technical team including engineers, biologists and industrial, forestry and renewable resource engineers. In addition to its Mexico City and Cancún offices, the firm also has a presence in Guadalajara (Jalisco) and León (Guanajuato).
The ‘excellent environmental team’ at Galicia Abogados S.C. is led by environmental law expert Mariana Herrero, who draws on over 20 years of experience and boasts notable expertise in the environmental aspects of transactional and project development, corporate and liability management, and administrative permitting. The eight-strong practice, which is also highly experienced in contamination, water, hazardous waste management and litigation issues, includes other key practitioners like Carlos Escoto, who was promoted to partner in January 2021 and shows a particular dexterity when handling regulatory issues concerning oil, gas and renewables, and environmental impact and risk assessments. Lucía Manzo is a name to note at the associate level.
‘An excellent environmental team. They respond quickly with timely answers and practical options’
‘I really like the fact that there is a woman leading the area’
KPS Capital Partners
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Grupo Farmaceutico Somar
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Credit Suisse Securities (USA)
Citigroup Global Markets
JP Morgan Securities
New Fortress Energy
Korean Export-Import Bank
Nacional Financiera, Sociedad Nacional de Crédito, Institución de Banca de Desarrollo
Bunge Foods Mexico
Pan-American (Hokchi) Energy
- Advised Abertis and GIC on the acquisition of 72.30% of Red de Carreteras de Occidente (RCO), including on the environmental aspects.
- Advised Citigroup and J.P. Morgan as representatives of the initial purchasers, for the offer and sale by Kimberly-Clark México of $500m aggregate principal amount of its 2.431% notes due 2031.
- Carried out the environmental due diligence of the Mercedes mining complex after Equinox’s acquisition of a 50% stake of Premier Gold Mines interests in the Hardrock project and Hasaga properties in Ontario.
Headed by founding partner Adrián del Paso, a seasoned practitioner with nearly 20 years' experience in the field, Ibarra, del Paso y Gallego's standalone environmental practice is one of the firm's core areas. Particularly strong in handling strategic advisory and transactional matters, the team has also seen an increase in its environmental litigation capabilities in recent years following the arrival of senior associate Mauricio Sandoval. Well known for its expertise in regulatory matters that deal with environmental impact and risk, the department's recent work includes environmental due diligence mandates (both internal and transaction-related), along with issues ranging from hazardous waste disposal and environmental impact assessments, statements and authorisations, to administrative litigation against PROFEPA, CONAGUA and SEMARNAT resolutions.
Adrián del Paso
‘The firm has extensive knowledge of environmental matters and this complements the day-to-day work of the in-house lawyers very well’
‘They offer a personalised service and total availability’
‘The firm’s lawyers, in addition to knowing the legislation well, start to know the business and its particularities and this makes the work flow in an unbeatable way’
According to one client, Jones Day's environmental law experts are ‘total superheroes’ who are able ‘to solve the work that others can't’. The five-strong department has proven experience across the gamut of environmental and health and safety legislation, with an emphasis on compliance, environmental damage liability, climate change, and energy projects. At the helm is Mauricio Llamas, an expert in environment-related administrative and regulatory law, who garners praise for being an ‘impeccable professional’. Key associate support comes from the very active Mauricio Villegas, who has a focus on environment and health and safety. In recent work highlights, the group continues to advise construction group Elementia in relation to remediation procedures and ongoing environmental litigation.
‘In addition to their knowledge of legal and regulatory material, they have solid technical expertise’
‘Very assertive in communication, friendly and sensitive to the client’s needs in terms of response time and understanding of the requirement’
‘They are amazing to work with. They know the legislation and are always looking for easy to implement solutions. They are able to solve the work that others can’t. Total superheroes.’
‘Their assessments are always quite optimistic, they don’t try to scare you into hiring them’
‘Mauricio Llamas is an impeccable professional, friendly and very knowledgeable. Together with Mauricio Villegas, they are friendly and know the environmental legislation perfectly’
‘They never give problems, their work is impeccable’
‘Mauricio Llamas and Mauricio Villegas offer excellent treatment and disposition, solid legal knowledge and extraordinary availability’
Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental
Bio Pappel Scribe
Sensata Technologies Holding plc
- Represented Bio Pappel in constitutional litigation against Mexico’s energy regulators.
- Acts as regular advisor to Iberdrola for inspection visits and administrative proceedings on environmental matters.
- Assists Newmont Goldcorp in day-to-day regulatory and environmental matters, and on the development of a regulatory, sanitary and environmental strategy facing a potential operation lockdown in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Pontones & Ledesma
Recognised for its expertise in environmental law and litigation, boutique firm Pontones & Ledesma maintains a broad practice, providing advice on impact assessments, risk and auditing; air, water and noise pollution; and waste and soil remediation issues, among other areas. Leading the practice are the firm's two founding partners: environmental specialist Luigi Pontones, who focuses on environmental audits, licensing, authorisations and permitting, land use, air emissions and waste management; and Arturo Ledesma, who boasts particular expertise in amparo cases (as well as criminal law) and focuses his environmental practice on issues related to audits, water, hazardous waste, soil remediation and defence against administrative and/or criminal charges of environmental liability.
Hector Garza, an ‘expert in environmental matters’ who has vast expertise in social impact and indigenous consultation matters, heads the six-strong multi-disciplinary environmental and social impact department at Ritch, Mueller y Nicolau, S.C. Garnering praise for its ‘out of the box solutions’, the team, which includes noted senior associates Estuardo Anaya and Christian Rosales, remains busy advising on the environmental aspects of refinancings and corporate transactions, along with environmental and regulatory due diligence, impact assessment matters, and the development of energy projects. Recent work highlights saw the practice advising Itzel on the strategy to build a storage oil and gas unit, and regarding its zoning implications.
‘The team is very complete; with both technical and financial knowledge. The practice stands out in project development and for its out of the box solutions’
‘Hector Garza is an expert in environmental matters, with a full understanding of the common issues that hold back projects. His understanding of different areas of law makes him an excellent collaborator for complex and highly integrated projects’
‘Excellent management of legal matters, according to the needs. Constant communication, appropriate use of technological means and timely follow-up’
Itzoil – Invex Infraesctructura
Ainda, Energía e Infraestructura
- Advised BHP Billiton on the due diligence process to identify key risks and material issues associated with the legal workstream of a concession granted to Fieldwood and Petrobal of two oil fields located in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Acts as environmental advisor in the expansion of the Energía Sierra Juarez project, which is an operating 155MW wind generation project located near Tecate, Baja California.
- Advised Itzel on the strategy to build a storage oil and gas unit and its zoning implications.
Highlighted by clients for its ‘real commitment to the environment’, Von Wobeser y Sierra, SC houses a seven-strong practice, which offers contentious and non-contentious environmental law support to numerous major international corporations, including BMW, BHP and Grupo Modelo. Edmond Grieger, who is well versed in litigation and arbitration, and ‘always offers very creative solutions’, heads the practice, which boasts additional expertise in compliance issues – particularly those relating to water supply and wastewater – and environmental impact assessments. Also of note is its work relating to municipal, state and federal environmental and social permits in the context of project development, particularly in the energy sector. Ariel Garfio, who was appointed counsel in January 2021, and associate Rebeca Márquez are other key members of the practice. Since publication, Garfio has been raised to the partnership - effective December 2021.
‘They are unique in their extensive knowledge of energy law and their negotiation skills’
‘Edmond Grieger and Ariel Garfio represent the best of the team: friendly, available, extremely knowledgeable, good negotiators and legally sound. Highly recommended’
‘They have a great expertise and team in the area of environmental law that have demonstrated their great capacity and mastery of the subject’
‘Edmond Grieger always offers very creative solutions’
‘They have a real commitment to the environment, something that is reflected in the great pro bono work done by Edmond Grieger, Eugenio Chinchillas and Andrés Nieto in particular’
Benteler de México
BMW de México
The Coca Cola Company
Anheuser Bush InBev (Cervecería Modelo del Centro)
Enersys de México
Faurecia Sistemas Automotrices
- Provideds day-to-day environmental legal advice to Grupo Modelo to secure full compliance with the relevant water and environmental matters in its operations.
- Advised Invenergy to obtain environmental and social authorisations and permits for the successful development, construction, and operation of all its energy generation projects located throughout the Mexican territory.
- Provided legal advice to BMW Group related to compliance with national air emission standards, environmental compliance audits from the Federal Environmental Agency, to the development and operation of its facility in San Luis Potosí.
The four-strong practice at Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C. offers a good regulatory practice, although it is arguably best known for its knowledge of and track record in administrative litigation and contentious proceedings in the environmental arena. This is a major area of expertise for senior associate Ricardo Evangelista, who coordinates the department. Recent work saw the firm assisting Ermitex in obtaining the environmental licenses required to implement a project focused on the extraction of stone material. Additional partner-level experience is provided by Juan Carlos Serra and Daniel Del Rio.
PPG AP Resinas
Volkswagen de México
Givaudan de México
Jaguar Land Rover
Lindt & Sprungli de México
- Advising subsidiaries of an automotive-sector company on the sale of 100% of shares of a company; the work included the analysis and review of the environmental documentation of the target entities.
- Assisted a well-known company by preparing a comprehensive analysis of the legal dispositions in force in Mexico governing biodiversity and access to genetic resources.
- Advised Ermitex on obtaining the environmental licenses required to implement a project focused on the extraction of stone material in a site located in the north of Mexico.
Particularly active in the renewable energy and hospitality sectors, Garrigues maintains a small environmental practice and acts as advisor to renowned companies including Enel and Veolia. The department focuses on helping clients manage potential environmental liabilities and detect irregularities in projects in the abovementioned sectors. Environmental, regulatory and public law specialist Roberto Torres, who has extensive experience in licensing and environmental due diligence for energy, real estate, infrastructure, industrial and tourism projects, heads the practice, which can draw on the resources of its extensive international network, and also shows additional skills in social impact evaluations.
‘They have great professionalism, good analysis of complex issues, practical solutions, attention to detail and quality of work. The team has an exceptional treatment’
‘Roberto Torres and María Paola Aguilar are an extraordinary team, professional, with great quality in their work, and very conscientious’
ENEL Green Power México
Talesun Solar Switzerland
Grupo El Fuerte
DHL Supply Chain Mexico
P&T Global Renewable Energy Limited
- Assisting Veolia with administrative procedures related to the operation of certain assets in Mexico before federal environmental authorities.
- Advised CCLA in the negotiation and acquisition of water rights for a new development in Mexico City.
- Assisted DHL Supply Chain in due diligence on environmental matters with respect to the purchase and sale of land intended to be used as a logistics facility.
Hogan Lovells' environmental department is co-led by partner Brenda Rogel, who is highlighted for having ‘project management skills that make any project flow smoothly’, and counsel Jeanett Trad, and is noted for providing 'comprehensive solutions to the client'. The department boasts particular expertise in water-related litigation, soil and sub-surface contamination (and associated remediation strategies), air emissions, hazardous substances and chemicals (handling, labelling and transportation), facilities expansion and new project development. Also of note is its transactional support, and its ability to advise on issues related to Mexico's energy reform.
Brenda Rogel Salgado; Jeanett Trad
‘They have a technical expertise that combined with legal expertise, offers comprehensive solutions to the client, not just administrative solutions. The practice has a great technical understanding of environmental matters’
‘Jeannet Trad has not only the technical knowledge, but also the ability to transfer that knowledge to clients and users, which makes it a pleasant experience to work with her. Brenda Roguel has project management skills that make any project flow smoothly’
Procter & Gamble
Ford Motor Company
Compañia Embotelladora del Fuerte
Energía Nueva Energía Limpia
Grupo de Telecomunicaciones de Alta Capacidad
Ever since the arrival of partner Erick Hernández Gallego, Greenberg Traurig, S.C. has been establishing a solid presence in the Mexican environmental sphere, particularly in relation to the energy sector and associated project development. Gallego, who heads the five-strong department, has a proven track record advising on the environmental aspects of project mandates, in addition to urban development, soil contamination, emissions reductions, climate change, green project finance and the management of hazardous materials, among other areas. Senior associate Luis Jorge Akle is another active member of the practice.
Erick Hernández Gallego
Globos Qualatex de Pioneer
Envision Energy International
Envision Energy Jiangsu
Sum Desarrollo Inmobiliario
- Represented Globos Qualatex de Pioneer before the Ministry of Environment in Mexico City to prepare and negotiate the official standard for regulating the use and commercialisation of single-use plastic products in Mexico.
- Assisted in the reparation and filing of amparo lawsuits and injunctions for a group of renewable energy companies against the policies enacted by the federal government.
- Advised Idesa and Braskem on the negotiation with Pemex for the amendment of its ethane agreement.
IDEAS Iniciativa para el Desarollo Ambiental y Sustentable, SC
IDEAS Iniciativa para el Desarollo Ambiental y Sustentable, SC is a well-established boutique drawing on the expertise of both lawyers and environmental technicians. The firm is well versed across sustainability programmes, environmental impact studies, risk, regulations, waste management, water and air pollution, among other sub-specialties. Founding partner Daniel Basurto González leads the practice, with support provided by key associates Gabriela Palacios Mejorada and Gilberto Fabela Ramírez.
Mijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes S.C. houses a young practice, created around counsel and department head Gabriel Calvillo and senior associate Paula Pérez. The team has a focus on transactional matters, particularly in energy-related deals, and also advises on matters ranging from environmental M&A due diligence, compliance with environmental regulations (including water exploitation, wastewater discharge and handling of waste), to environmental litigation, environmental risk evaluations, and environmental damage and liability. Its client roster includes key players from the infrastructure, renewable energy and real estate sectors.
‘The team is business oriented, and they generate a lot of confidence in the client because they do things right’
‘Lorenza Langarica supported us together with the young environmental area of the firm in an operation. The report was clear and objective, focusing on the important issues, including the environmental part. Both were extraordinary, warm, practical and client-focused’
‘Paula Perez and Moises Grinberg are absolute allies for the business’
Arauco Industria de México
Bayer de México
FRV Potrero Solar
- Advised Arauco on the strategic environmental aspects of the shutdown process of an industrial facility in Mexico, including in matters of remediation of soil and groundwater contamination.
- Advised Ascenty on the environmental aspects of its expansion in Mexico, including an extensive environmental due diligence.
- Advised Atlas on assessing the legality and validity of all permits and licenses of renewable energy projects in Mexico.
Senior associate Juan Carlos Aguirre, who joined the practice in October 2019, coordinates the environmental department at Santamarina y Steta. The department primarily focuses on environmental and regulatory due diligence, hazardous waste management, compliance audits and the regularisation of environmental obligations. Aguirre is closely supported by seasoned partner Aarón Levet, who regularly advises domestic and international clients on the environment aspects of transactional matters, particularly in the hospitality and industrial real estate sectors; and senior associate Isaac Zatarain, who specialises in environment and natural resources, renewable and clean energy and real estate, among other matters.
Juan Carlos Aguirre
Tesla Automobiles Sales and Service Mexico
BDF Manufacturing México
Innophos Fosfatados de México
- Assisted Martinrea International in the acquisition of the structural components for the passenger cars division from Metalsa.
- Assisted Tesla Automobiles Sales and Service Mexico with the review of applicable environmental and urban laws, and the performance of pre- and post-operational environmental due diligence to confirm the level of environmental and urban compliance of its facilities.
- Assisted BDF Manufacturing México in environmental due diligence to confirm the level of compliance with the applicable laws with respect to transport, management and final disposition of waste.
International full-service firm White & Case S.C. houses a small Mexican environmental practice, which works seamlessly with the firm’s global offices, regularly participating in the environmental and regulatory aspects of significant transactional matters. Counsel Pedro Morales, who also has notable expertise handling environmental impact assessments, heads the practice, which draws additional partner support from other areas of the firm. However, since the conclusion of research, Morales has left for Grepe, Lavin & Zavaleta, SC, effective as of September 2021.
Kansas City Southern Mexico
Climate Action Reserve of California
Pernod Ricard Mexico
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
EIG Global Energy
AINDA Tecnologia e Infraestructura
- Representation of CAR with regard to the development and implementation of a protocol for projects related to reforestation and the preservation of forests.
- Representing Pernod Ricard México in all of the environmental issues relating to its acquisition of and investment in the capital stock of the subsidiaries of Casa Lumbre.
- Advising Kansas City Southern Mexico on environmental matters relating to the development of its activities and railway infrastructure relating to the transportation of oil (and other) products.