Energy in Israel
Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co. is considered by clients to be 'the number one energy team in Israel', but perhaps even more impressive is the similar level of praise it attracts from peers in the market. The firm is strong in every segment of the conventional and renewable energy markets, though the energy team is best known for its work in oil and gas exploration and cross-border energy transmission and distribution mandates, which often involve highly sensitive geopolitical aspects. The department is headed by the 'superbly talented' Dan Hacohen, who is advising the partners of the Leviathan gas reservoir on agreements for the sale of gas to customers in Jordan and Egypt. Eddie Ashkenazi is also recommended.
‘Number one energy team in Israel. Dan Hacohen is truly great.‘
‘We appreciate the attentiveness we receive from each and every member of Agmon’s team. Agmon’s lawyers know how to reach out for one another for assistance in order to provide us with a wholesome picture of the issue at hand thus allowing us to benefit from their knowledge.‘
‘Agmon & Co., Rosenberg Hachohen & Co would always be the first firm I turn to in Israel and are the only firm I’ve come across who really understand and have experience of the energy space and exposure to major international energy transactions.‘
‘Dan Hachohen is a superbly talented, experienced and a formidable negotiator with that rare blend of intellectual horse power allied to emotional intelligence and work ethic – there is no one I’d trust more to get a deal across the line throughout the Eastern Mediterranean.‘
Leviathan Consortium (NobleEnergy, Delek Drilling, Ratio Oil Exploration)
Tamar Consortium (NobleEnergy, Delek Drilling, Isramco, Tamar Petroleum, Dor Gas, Everest Infrastructures)
Doral Renewable Energy
Ratio Oil Exploration
Palestinian Electricity Transmission Company
- Represented Noble and Delek in their discussions with the other partners in the Tamar consortium and the Leviathan consortium and the negotiations with third parties for the cross-border transportation of the gas to Egypt.
- Acting for the partners in the Leviathan project in the negotiations for the export sale of gas from the Leviathan reservoir to NEPCO, the national electricity company of Jordan. This transaction is the first agreement for the export of natural gas from the Leviathan project and is paramount for financing the development of the Leviathan project. The deal is valued at more than $10bn.
- Acted for Delek Drilling as borrower in a $300m financing transaction with a consortium of international banks, intended to fund the client’s operations, including it’s acquisition of shares in EMG and related cross-border transmission activities.
Erdinast, Ben Nathan, Toledano & Co. has expertise across a huge range of energy sector mandates from corporate transactions to power plant development, but is especially well-known for its regulatory practice, which one client called 'the best-informed in the country'. The practice group is jointly headed by Uri Noy and Nadav Olgan and was recently won a tender to serve as external legal adviser to Israel Natural Gas Lines, the government monopoly that controls the Israeli natural gas transmission system. Also of note, the team is highly rated for its strength in renewable energy sector, where it has advised on the development of a huge share of solar power plants. Finance partner Roy Gross joined from Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary in January 2019. Bat El Elias Zada is a promising associate in the team.
Other key lawyers:
‘Erdinast energy team is probably the best in country. They are knowledgeable, well connected and well regarded and very much transaction oriented. The team has experience in all aspects of the industry – from regulatory to financial details of all levels.‘
‘Uri Noy’s knowledge is second to one in the field and his personal characteristics allow him to lead transactions with wit and authority. Bat El Elias Zada is our direct day-to-day contact – she is diligent and is now regarded as one of our team.‘
‘EBN has a great regulatory practice which is the best informed in the country.‘
Bright Source Energy
Dor Alon Group
Israel Natural Gas Lines
EDF EN Israel
Afcon Holdings Shlomo Group
Dr. Eli Barnea
Sigma Epsilon Group
Zodiak Western Wind Farm
El-Mor Renewable Energy General Partnership
Shikun and Binui Energy
Manufacturers Association of Israel
Bayside Land Corporation
REIT 1 Management Services
- Advising US company Invenergy on its entry into the field of commercial energy in Israel, including the development of large-scale PV solar fields, thermal power plants and the participation in IEC’s tender for the sale of Alon Tavor power plant, as part of a consortium with Noy Fund, and in the IEC’s tender for the sale of Ramat Hovav power plant as a single bidder.
- Acted for Shikun & Binui Energy on the tender to buy IEC’s Alon Tavor power plant, which has a net capacity of 583MW. The bid is part of IEC’s forced divestment of five power plants.
Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co is rated firm-wide for its strengths across a range of corporate, financing, and litigation matters, all of which combine to provide end-to-end legal support on infrastructure developments, financing and investment deals, and regulatory negotiations. Headed by Gilad Winkler, the team acts for domestic and international energy companies and project developers, banks, alternative lenders, and investment funds. Of particular note, the team has begun acting for the rights holders in the Tamar gas reservoir, the only operational natural gas reservoir at the time of writing. Another key partner in the team is Hagit Horowitz, who handles contentious and non-contentious issues relating to large-scale infrastructure and energy projects.
‘We work closely with FBC’s Infrastructure, Energy and Project Finance practice. They understand the legal aspects of the sector, and more importantly, they understand the business aspects of the sector and what clients are looking to achieve. They advise on the largest and most sophisticated infrastructure projects in Israel in recent years. This allows the practice to provide relevant, valuable and comprehensive advice on all aspects relating to infrastructure matters.‘
‘Gilad Winkler and Hagit Horowitz are very knowledgeable of all aspects relating to infrastructure projects, from procurement to completion (and all phases in between). They are familiar and always up to date on developments in the field, and provide relevant and comprehensive advice on all aspects relating to infrastructure matters. The team is excellent, very responsive, and great to work with.‘
JP Morgan Securities
Clal Insurance Group
Migdal Insurance Group
Harel Insurance Group
EDF Energies Nouvelles Israel
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation
Shikun & Binui
Mivtach Shamir Holdings
Avner Oil Exploration
Mashav Initiating and Development
Quadro National Infrastructures
El Mor Renewable Energies
Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Company
Starplast Industries (1987)
- Acting for Zomet Energy on an approximately $368m financing transaction for the development and construction of natural gas power station with an installed capacity of 396MW located near Kiryat Gat, Israel.
- Advising Migdal Insurance Company and Harel Insurance Company, as lenders, on a NIS800m transaction to finance the 120MW photovoltaic power plant project being built by Shikun & Binui in Zeelim, Israel.
- Acting for the entities that hold petroleum rights in the reservoir Tamar Partners, including Noble Energy, Isramaco and Delek Drilling on various aspects of the day-to-day operations of the reservoir including gas marketing in the Israeli local market (GSPAs etc.) and liaison with various regulatory authorities include the Natural Gas Authority, the Electricity Authority, the Computation Authority and others. In addition, advising on all matters concerning export of gas.
Gornitzky & Co. has considerable strengths in every segment of the energy market. Indeed, the team is regularly involved in multibillion-dollar energy transactions and power plant and energy infrastructure developments, and is also 'well versed in the regulatory framework governing energy in Israel'. Jack Smith has an enviable reputation in the country's power and electricity market, and, in addition to his transactional work, he represented multiple gas consumers in legislative deliberations concerning the Natural Gas Economy Law. Itay Geffen is a contact for energy infrastructure development mandates, and Ronit Rozenstein-Barel is taking key roles in several of the team's largest instructions, including a bid for the purchase of the Alon Tavor power station.
‘The level of service is the highest you can find, even in international standards.‘
‘The team is well versed in the regulatory framework governing energy and gas and oil exploration in Israel, and consists of talented lawyers, such as Jack Smith.‘
‘Ronit Rozenstein-Barel is the partner I recommend in this firm. Extremely professional, hard working partner, with hands-on approach for every deal she’s working on.‘
‘Jack Smith is a highly knowledgeable energy and infrastructure lawyer, with smart solutions and practical approach we highly appreciate.‘
Mekorot Water Company
Shikun & Binui – Renewable Energy
I.P.M. Beer Tuvia
- Acting for OPC Energy on the tender for the purchase of the Alon Tavor power plant as part a privatisation initiative that will see the IEC’s divestment of five power plants.
- Acting for Ratio Oil Exploration on a transaction with the Leviathan reservoir partners involving an agreement for the sale and transmission of natural gas from the Leviathan reservoir through the EMG pipeline to the Egyptian market.
- Assisting Oil Refineries, Israel Chemicals, OPC Rotem, and OPC Hadera, with a financial closing with Energean Israel and its lenders involving pledge of GSPAs and execution of direct agreements.
Herzog Fox & Neeman's project finance practice is consistently involved in the development of the country's largest energy infrastructure projects, acting both for lenders and sponsors. In addition, the firm is a key adviser to the Israel Electric Corporation (IEC), and as such Mark Phillips has been heavily involved in the privatisation of Israel's electricity market, which will see the IEC sell five large-scale power plants. Another key contact is Adam Eytan, who specialises in energy infrastructure projects in Israel and abroad, and has recently acted in the development of several major renewable power projects. Also recommended are Zara Gold and Eran Wagner, two slightly more junior partners in the project finance and energy practice.
‘Another level of analytical skills from most of their peers combined with the commercial and emotional intelligence that some of the other large firms lack.‘
Clal Insurance Company
Enlight Renewable Energies
Israel Electric Corporation
Migdal Insurance Company
Mizrahi Tefahot Bank
Star Pumped Storage
- Advised the Israel Electric Corporation on the NIS1.9bn sale of the Alon Tavor power plant as part of IEC’s forced divestment of five power plants.
- Advised Emek Habacha on the development and finance of the approximately 100MW wind farm project in northern Israel, the largest wind farm in Israel to date.
- Acting for Bank Hapoalim in connection with the financing of the approximately 400MW power plant to be constructed by Zomet Energy.
Krispin Rubinstein Blecher Law Offices is one of the leading firms in Israel's power generation market. Indeed, the team acts for 12 of only 18 companies with conditional licenses for electricity generation, and also acts for major license holders including Dorad Group (which provides electricity to the southern half of Israel) and Edeltech (which operates one of the largest conventional power plants in Israel). The practice group also has expertise in project finance and energy infrastructure development in the conventional and renewable power sectors. Founding partner Amit Krispin is one of the leading figures in Israel's electricity market, and Sagit Chen has expertise in complex corporate transactions in the energy and infrastructure space.
Alon Energy Centers Gat
Hadassah Medical Organization
Menora Mivtachim Energy
The Independent Power Producers (IPP) Forum
Etgal Power Plants
I.P.M. Beer Tuvia
I.P.P Alon Tavot
Alon Energy Centers
Tamar (Misur Rotem Power Plant)
Nesher Pumped Storage
Emek Habacha Wind Energy
Nesharim Leading Energy (2014)
I.P.P. Delek Sorek
Ramat Negev Energy
Negev Natural Gas
Darom Natural Gas
- Acting for Canadian Solar and Menora Mivtachim Energy in a joint venture for the establishment of solar projects in Israel estimated at NIS750m
- Acting for Edeltech Group in relation to the NIS500m GSPA with the Leviathan reservoir partnership to supply the Ashdod and Ramat Negev power plants (operated by the client) for a period of two years.
- Advising Dorad Energy on GSPAs with Energean for the purchase of natural gas from two reservoirs: the Karish-Tanin reservoir and the Tamar reservoir. In addition, our firm represents Dorad Energy in PPAs with its consumers, and before the regulatory authority with respect to licensing matters.
Lipa Meir & Co's energy and project finance team is instructed by project entrepreneurs, start-ups, and other conventional and renewable energy companies, as well as public sector tendering and financing bodies, in energy infrastructure development mandates and corporate transactions. Key figures in the team include Zuriel Lavie, who advised a bidding group in the Alon Tavor power station tender as part of the IEC's forced divestment of five power stations, and Michal Schwartz, who is acting for the Ministry of Finance in relation to the establishment of a 600MW solar farm in southern Israel. Corporate head Uzi Mor handles acquisition, investment, and financing deals in the energy sector, and David Weinstein acts for a variety of corporates and kibbutzim in green energy projects.
The Israeli Ministry of Defense
The Israeli Water Desalination Administration
The Ministry of Finance
Dalia Power Energies
Alon Tavor Group
Meshakim & Partners
Meshek Solar Energy
The Kibbutz Economies Group
Ramat Hovav Energy
Kibbutz Beit Keshet
A.V. Infrastructure and Mobility
Ganir & Gan Shmuel
- Acted for the Ministry of Finance in a project, which will include the establishment of a solar energy farm in southern Israel (Dimona). This solar energy farm will produce more than 600MW of energy.
- Advising Dalia Power Energies since the inception of the 900MW gas-fuelled power station project, which recently included negotiating an agreement for converting senior shares to mezzanine and capital notes, in excess of $250m.
- Advised Tavor Energy Group on its bid for the purchase of the Alon Tavor power plant as part of the IEC’s forced divestment of five power stations.
Meitar Law Offices is among the market leaders in project finance and oil and gas law, and is considered by more than one client to be 'the top energy team in Israel'. The energy practice is led by Renelle Joffe, who is highly rated for her expertise in upstream energy regulation, cross-border oil and gas transactions, and energy-related government tenders. Joffe is instructed by a number of international oil and gas companies and Israeli subsidiaries, including Energean Israel, which is developing the Tanin and Karish offshore natural gas fields. Key figures in the project finance practice include department head Jonathan Finklestone, Tani Zahavi and Guy Kles.
‘Top energy team in Israel, led by the phenomenal Renelle Joffe, Israel’s leading oil and gas lawyer.‘
‘The team provides excellent service, is highly responsive and enjoys an excellent reputation among regulators and counter parties. Also, excellent work when there is a need to combine advice from other practices of the office.‘
‘Renelle Joffe brings amazing value to us as a client. She deeply understands both the world of regulation and the commercial and business world. She has unique and unmatched expertise in gas contracts. She is very customer oriented and would always smartly utilise all Meitar resources in our benefit. It is a real pleasure to work with Renelle.‘
Bank Leumi le-Israel
Megalim Solar Power
Shapir Engineering Cross Israel North
Super NG Natural Gas Distribution Company
Super N.G. Hadera and the Valleys Natural Gas Distribution Company
Migdal Bat Yam Magistrate Court
Israel Discount Bank
Harel Insurance Company
Alstom Transportation Israel
Cross Israel Highway
Ashkelon Economic Co.
Israel Electric Corporation
- Acting for Energean Israel in several capacities, including regulation and contracts, antitrust and tax. Also advising on the purchase of rights in Karish and Tanin licenses from the Delek Group.
- Acting for international oil and gas companies in a transboundary purchase from Tamar gas field. Together with international law firms, Meitar provides regulatory and other advice and support for transactions for export of Israeli gas to East Mediterranean countries.
- Advising the project company Megalim Solar Power on the development of a 121MW solar energy thermal power station in Ashalim (Plot B), Israel.
Acting for domestic and international energy companies and financiers, Shibolet & Co. has experience in the establishment of conventional and renewable power projects in Israel and abroad. The team is instructed by project companies such as Telemenia, which it advises on the financing and development of power plants in Europe, Africa and South America. In addition, the team advised a key bidder for the purchase of the Alon Tavor power plant as part of the privatisation of the Israeli energy generation market. A key figure in the team is Alon Ziv, who has extensive experience in the development of energy infrastructure and advises a number of Israeli institutional investors on cross-border energy investments. Other names to note include David Magriso, Revital Ben-Artzi and Orit Marom-Albeck, who specialises in environmental law.
Sapir Civil & Marine Engineering
Paz Ashdod Refinery
Meitav Dash Investment
Menora Mivtachim Insurance
China State Construction Engineering Corporation
Phoenix Insurance Company
Rafael Advanced Defence Systems
Shikun & Binui
Ellomay Pumped Storage (2014)
Helios Energy Investments
NTA – Metropolitan Mass Transit System
Blue Sphere Corporation
Global Sun Israel
Eilat Eilot Renewable Energy
F.K. Generators and Equipment
- Acting for Ellomay in various major aspects of the development of a 340MW pumped-storage project in Manara Cliff in Israel.
- Advising Paz Ashdod Oil Refinery on all legal aspects concerning the tenders and bidding process, acquisition, development and operation of power plants acquisitions under the reform in the Electric Authority and the Israeli Electric Corporation, including the current pre-qualification process in Ramat Hovav Power Plant and the bid for Alon Tavor plant.
- Advising Telemenia on the development of power plants worldwide, including the construction of a 376MW combined cycle power plant in the Ivory Coast.
Tadmor Levy & Co.'s project finance and tenders practice is well known for advising state tenderers in major infrastructure projects; however, in the energy space, the team is perhaps even more active in the private sector, where it acts for project developers and financiers. A key contact in the team is Yotam Leshem, who regularly advises Israeli banks on high-value project finance transactions and is acting for the largest Israeli insurance company in relation to a unique equity finance initiative for renewable and conventional power pants. In the public sector, Leshem and Asher Bichoonski are advising the State on the establishment of a large-scale waste-to-energy facility. Noa Meidan heads the practice and is instructed by project companies, investors and government bodies.
Israel Discount Bank
State of Israel (Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Environmental Protection)
Bank Mizrahi Tefahot
Phoenix Insurance Company
Ramat Negev Energy and Ashdod Energy
E.A Ben-Dov Wind Energies
Psagot Investment House
- Represented the State of Israel in the process of a petition that has been filed against it as well as in two tenders for the construction of further waste processing facilities and preparing a “Waste-to-Energy” tender for the establishment of another similar waste processing facility.
- Acting for Bank Leumi and the senior financiers in relation to the construction of the OPC power station in Mishor Rotem, in the Negev as well as the first private power station operated in Israel.
- Acting for Phoenix Insurance Company, one of Israel’s three largest institutional investors, in its innovative move to invest in infrastructure projects in Israel via the purchase of equity in project companies, both in the renewables and conventional energy sectors.
Leveraging a wealth of international experience, Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co. advises a number of domestic companies and high-profile multinationals on the development of energy production and transmission infrastructure, and corporate transactions in the energy sector. Headed by Simon Jaffa, the practice group has had several standout years in the oil and gas and conventional power sectors, and has also developed a strong track record in the renewables space, where it acts for project companies and kibbutzim. Of particular note, the team acted for China Harbour Engineering Company as a member of the winning bidding consortium for the purchase of the Alon-Tavor power station. Inon Yogev is another contact in the team.
‘Barnea’s team has a lot of experience and know-how in the energy market and they provide high-quality level of service.‘
‘The team is very engaged and supportive and try to assist in any way they can. Inon understands our needs and has a broad view on the goals to be achieved.‘
China Harbour Engineering Company
- Acting for Israel Natural Gas Lines in a variety of matters, including the negotiation and conclusion of an agreement with Greek oil and gas company Energean for the construction and transfer of an offshore open access pipeline, as part of the infrastructure from the Karish and Tanin FPSO to the Israeli transmission system. The consideration to be paid by INGL to Energean is $100m.
- Acted for China Harbour Engineering Company in the preliminary selection process and competitive process for the purchase of the Alon-Tavor power station from the Israel Electric Corporation. China Harbour beat six bidders to win this giant tender. The station will be sold for NIS1.9bn. This is the first time a Chinese company has entered conventional electricity production in Israel.
- Advising Belectric Israel on EPC and O&M agreements for the construction of various solar power plants, at a total scope of hundreds of MW, in Ashalim, Kalia, Tze’elim, Mashabei Sadeh, and more.
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM) is particularly standout for its experience in international project finance and development mandates, where it acts for developers and EPC contractors, especially in the renewables sector. In addition to its development and financing work, the firm has recently been involved in several high-profile corporate energy transactions. Key figures in the team include practice head Amnon Epstein, who has experience in corporate and financing deals in the conventional and renewable energy sectors, and Lior Aharon, who specialises in renewable energy. Also recommended is Asaf Rimon, who developed experience in oil and gas law, having previously worked in the London-based energy team of a large international firm.
‘Asaf Rimon has great experience and sector knowledge.‘
‘It’s a cohesive, well-briefed team; they all know what is being done and what needs to be done.‘
‘Amnon Epstein brings good insight and has a good understanding of clients’ needs.‘
‘Asaf Rimon is a quality lawyer with outstanding skills in managing large projects and a good deal of international experience.‘
N.T.A – Metropolitan Mass Transit System
The Phoenix Group
Kibbutz Economies Group (Mishkei Hakibbutzim)
Evoqua Water Technologies
Veridis N K.N. Solar
Hutchison Water International
- Advising Solaer on a EUR20m financing agreement from Kommunalkredit Austria for the construction of several solar projects in Israel.
- Advising Tahal on the financing of a large-scale agriculture and energy project in Angola. The financing banks include Hapoalim, Discount and the African Development Bank.
- Acting for Doral Group in the mezzanine financing of the acquisition of renewable energy company Solarit and in the partial financing of the existing renewable projects of the Doral Group.
A full-service firm with a strong international reputation, Goldfarb Seligman & Co. advises domestic and international energy companies, lending institutions and entrepreneurs on a wide range of legal issues spanning corporate and financing transactions, planning and construction, antitrust, and litigation. The practice group is led by Dubi Zoltak, who heads the firm's corporate and capital markets department and has expertise in international commercial transactions. Also in the corporate and capital markets team, Oren Reif acts for a number of clients in the electricity sector, and Rayek Khoury specialises in tender law, infrastructure and project finance. Ariel Rosenberg heads the banking and finance practice, and also has experience of project finance in the energy sector.
‘The firm provided us with comprehensive legal services that according to our specific needs, given the fact that we are not an Israeli company and we need a lot of assessment according to local rules and regulations.‘
‘The firm’s attorneys possess extensive expertise and experience in various fields of law and provide comprehensive and creative legal services. We would like to point out Mr. Oren Reif acknowledgement and professionalism.‘
Israel Electric Corporation
Morgan Stanley Bank International
Morgan Stanley Senior Funding
Citigroup Global Markets
Citibank, London Branch
Stifel Financial Corp.
Poalim I.B.I. – Managing & Underwriting
Shikun & Binui – Solel Boneh – Infrastructure
Mekorot Development & Enterprise
Oficina Técnica de Estudios y Control de Obras
Alon Energy Centers
TEN – Petroleum Company
Negev Natural Gas
Darom Natural Gas
SolelAben EPC Ashalim
Isa Khoury Metal Industry
SBges EPC JV
K.N Solar Holdings
Hadar Hatsafon Engineering & Construction (1995)
V.I.D. Desalination Company
Hod Assaf Industries
Majdal Shams Local Council
Kfar Saba Water Plant – Cooperative Agricultural Society
- Acting for Alon Energy Centers in all legal aspects relating to the development and construction of a natural gas-based power plant in Kiryat Gat.
- Acting for Isragas-Ofek in a transaction for the sale of its activity in the gas field to Sonol Israel.
- Providing ongoing counsel to Amisragas regarding an innovative, pioneering project for the distribution of natural gas to residential areas in Be’er Sheva.
Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg, Shenhav & Co. is particularly strong in the power sector, where it provides comprehensive legal support to clients including Israel's largest private electricity producer and JDECO, the electricity supplier for East Jerusalem and nearly half of the Palestinian Authority. The firm also has strengths in construction, project finance, and infrastructure tenders, and regularly acts for project sponsors and O&M and EPC contractors in the development and operation of large-scale power plants as well as cogeneration plants. The energy practice is headed by Anat Klein, who acted for a bidder in the tender sale of the Alon Tavor power plant - the first of five power plant auctions as part of the privatisation of the country's electricity market. Klein is currently advising the same client on its bid for the second tender.
‘Attorney Anat Klein and the GKH Energy & Infrastructure department team provide on-going legal services for us on energy issues, such as the construction of a cogeneration plant, natural gas purchase agreements, electricity agreements, conversion of dairies to natural gas, etc.‘
‘Anat Klein and her team are always available, knowledgeable, and ready to help.‘
‘I have been greatly impressed with the quality of representation that we have received from Anat Klein and the team at GKH. They have handled complicated legal issues and negotiations in an intelligent, thorough, and energetic manner. I would strongly recommend their services and look forward to working with Anat and her team in the future.‘
‘We work with only the best law firms in Israel. No doubt that GKH is one of them.‘
‘They have been responsive and attentive to our needs, and have been extremely effective in finding solutions for our problems and helping us reach our goals.‘
Addleshaw Goddard (Hong Kong)
Dalia Power Energies
Dor Alon Gaz Technologies
EFACEC Power Solutions
Enlight Renewable Energy
Herbert Smith Freehills (China)
Jerusalem District Electricity Company
Palestinian Energy & Natural Resources Ministry
Palestinian Power Generation Company
Pasadim Recycling Institute
Paz Refinery Ashdod
Phoenicia Glass Works
SHAPIR Civil & Marine Engineering
Solel Boneh – Shikun Binui
Tel Bar Industries (and the entire Clalit medical group)
The Manufacturers Association of Israel (MAI)
Tiv Tirat Tzvi
Zemach Feed Mill
Zoko Power Gas
Zorlu Energy Group
- Acting for Dalia Power Plants (Israel’s largest private electricity producer) in all ongoing activity, including in various agreements for the construction of a new power plant, and also in the production of PV electricity.
- Advised Shapir in a tender published by Israel Electric Corporation for the sale of a large power plant to the private sector (a privatisation process). Currently advising on the tender for a second power plant divestment by IEC.
- Acting for the Palestinian Power Generation Company (PPGC) in the construction of a large natural gas power plant in the Palestinian Authority’s territories (~480MW).
S. Horowitz & Co has a deep-seated reputation for 'professional excellence' and 'prudent advice' on large-scale project finance and development, energy-related government tenders and corporate energy transactions. Of particular note, the team is a key adviser to the Israel Electric Corporation, which it is advising on the tender sales of several state-owned power plants as part of the privatisation of the country's energy market. The firm also distinguishes itself by its market-leading dispute resolution team, which represents major energy companies such as Paz Oil Company. Yehoshua Horesh and Eran Bezalel are key contacts for energy and infrastructure disputes; Aharon Bloch advises bank lenders on project finance transactions; Shlomi Delgo has experience corporate transactions in the energy space; and Benny Sheffer specialises in infrastructure development projects.
‘Trusted advisor, commitment and involvement are unique with professional skills and high levels of expertise in our business issues.‘
‘Mr Horesh the leading partner is a leader committed to my company interests and goals and share our values. Horowitz is known for their professional excellence and prudent behavior and Mr. Horesh’s team is to my judgment the best.‘
‘Vast knowledge, very responsive, every task, even the most residual one, is performed with the highest attention to details and in a structured and orderly manner (It is very clear that the company has a structured code of conduct that all its lawyers are committed to). S Horowitz & Co is one of the two best law firms we have been working with in Israel and probably the most professional one.‘
‘The primary lawyers we have dealt with are Adv. Amit Steinman and Adv. Shlomi Delgo. They are both highly professional, reliable and affable to work with. They have many years of experience and a lot of legal and business knowledge.‘
Paz Oil Company
Syndication of lenders led by Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank
Israel Electric Corporation
Israel Infrastructure Fund
Solelaben EPC Ashalim
Super NG Natural Gas Distribution Company
Electra, Solel Boneh – Pumped Storage Gilboa
IVM – Minrav Sadyt
- Acted for a syndication of lenders led by Mizrahi-Tefahot Bank in a refinancing transaction to replace loans and credit lines granted in connection with the construction of two private power plants – Ramat Negev Energy and Ashdod Energy.
- Acting for the Israel Electric Corporation in all aspects of the privatisation initiative, including an international tender for the sale of the Alon Tavor power station.
- Acting for Solelaben EPC Ashalim Limited Partnership in several matters relating to the engineering, procurement and construction of the Solar Energy Thermal Power Station in Ashalim.
Yehuda Raveh & Co. has a longstanding reputation in high-value project finance mandates, where it acts for major domestic lending institutions, prolific project developers and investors. In the energy space, the project finance team is especially active in the renewables sector, including involvement in significant solar and pumped storage projects. The department is headed by a leader in the Israel's project finance market, Ron Vered, who has wide-ranging experience in the financing and development of energy, transportation and water desalination projects.
Enlight Renewable Energy
Gas Natural Fenosa
- Advised Enlight Renewable Energy on several projects and transactions, among others, financial closing and construction of five mid-scale 12MW power stations (NIS100m project), financial closing of three mid-scale 2.5MW power stations, sale of appx. 90 small scale (50KW) power stations in two partnerships, wind farm development projects, wind farms and PV projects in Europe.
- Advised Denham Capital on its investment in an energy field in Israel.
- Acting for Gas Natural Fenosa in relation to the operation and maintenance of Alon Tavor and Ramat Gavriel power stations.
Yigal Arnon & Co is known in the market for its track record in high-profile infrastructure projects, acing both for project companies and state tenderers. In addition, the team has experience acting for domestic and international lenders in oil and gas transactions and other infrastructure deals. Key contacts in the team include David Schapiro and Micha Tollman, who are acting for an EPC contractor in the development of a 186MW conventional power plant in Israel, and are also advising Solaer Israel on various commercial transactions and projects in Israel and abroad. Also recommended are Doron Tamir, who has expertise tender law, energy and environmental matters, and Simon Weintraub, who specialises in cross-border finance transactions.
SuperNG Natural Gas Distribution Company
Rimon Consulting & Management Services
Rimon Renewable Energies
Hyundai Engineering & Construction
Alliance Tire Company
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Acting for STC Group in the construction of a 120MW power plant in Soreq near Ashdod.
- Acting for Solaer Israel in a JV merger with Energix for the acquisition, financing and progression of existing and new solar PV energy projects in Israel.
- Acting for Unilever Israel Group in its mega project to convert to the use of natural gas in its factories, as an environmentally friendly corporation.
Yossi Levy & Co is a standout performer in the development of energy infrastructure in Israel, acting for domestic and multinational EPC contractors, Israeli lending institutions and multinational investors. Headed by Uri Mandel, the project finance team is regularly involved in large-scale conventional and renewable PPP projects, which have recently included major solar and pumped storage developments. In addition to his project finance and development work, Mandel has also been involved in one of Israel's most transformative energy-sector initiatives.
The Israel Airport Authority (IAA)
Harel Insurance Company
- Acting for PSP Investments, a license holder that is engaged in the execution of a pumped storage hydro-electricity power plant in Maale Gilboa, with installed capacity of 300MW. When constructed, the power plant will be the first in Israel using the pumped storage technology. Financing for the NIS1.8bn project was arranged by Bank Leumi.
- Acting for the Israel Airport Authority in a project for the construction of an energy generation facility at the Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Advising Menolead on projects for the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of two power plants utilising cogeneration technology located in northern Israel.