Asher Heled & Co. advises and represents a wide range of clients in sensitive employment disputes, including precedent-setting cases before the National Labour Court and the High Court of Justice. Currently, the firm is advising Bezeq Group and its subsidiaries in relation to a major restructuring of its operations that will affect approximately 7,000 employees. Asher Heled has over four decades of experience in employment disputes across various sectors, including telecoms, insurance and banking. Elisha Shor specialises in pension funds and social security matters. Yaron Lestrel is also a key member of the practice.
Employment in Israel
Asher Heled & Co.
Asher Heled; Elisha Shor
Other key lawyers:
Veridis Contaminated Soil
Hadarom Container Terminal Ltd.
Madanes Insurance Agency Ltd.
One in Nine
- Representing the pension fund of Egged members in a NIS2bn lawsuit against the company, and defending the fund in a counterclaim for NIS400m.
- Advised three of Israel’s leading telecoms companies (DBS Satellite Services, Pelephone Communications and Bezeq International) in negotiations with different workers’ organisations related to the signing of three collective agreements.
- Advising Hadarom Container Terminal on all the legal aspects of establishing a human resources system for current employees, and for future employees after the harbour begins its operations.
With a particular focus on labour law in the US and Europe, Efrat Deutsch & Co specialises in class actions and disputes spanning various matters, including termination of employment, strikes and collective negotiations. Recently, the team defended Castro in a high-value class action brought by an employee regarding overtime and vacation payments. Efrat Deutsch specialises in complex reorganisations, individual and collective negotiations, and arbitration proceedings regarding employment law.
Other key lawyers:
Inbal Palmor Dori
‘All individuals in the firm that I have encountered have been professional and friendly. They have always demonstrated expertise in mediation procedures and gone the extra mile to ensure both the success of the process as well as their client’s best interests.’
‘Highly professional, down-to-earth team, always delivering correct and practical solutions, while understanding the commercial aspects of the business.’
‘All team members I’ve encountered were professional and attentive. When urgent attention is needed I am always pleased to see how the team understands the urgency and makes themselves available to us.’
‘The focus of the team is always on our needs. Efrat Deutsch’s team always gives us a practical answer. They always reflect the risks, and state their professional opinion, after fully understanding our situation.’
‘The team has excellent legal skills, including litigation and negotiation skills, and a vast knowledge of Israeli labour and employment law.’
‘The team we work with is truly extraordinary. They are extremely professional, they know every legal aspect of the issues at hand and have excellent litigation skills.’
‘I am working mostly with Efrat Deutsch and Inbal Palmor Dori. They are both highly professional, available and friendly.’
‘I have been working with Efrat Deutsch & Co for many years now. They are a boutique law firm dealing only with labour law issues. They are highly specialised, knowledgeable, professional and enjoyable to work with.’
Matrix IT Ltd.
Sodexo – Israel
Phibro Animal Health Corporation
El Al Pilots’ Union
Nestlé – Osem
S.B. Shmira Ubitahon Guarding Group
The Israel Women’s Network
Shirbit Insurance Company
Nissan Nativ Acting Studio
- Representing the El Al pilot’s union in an objection filed against the Histadrut labour union and El Al for having entered into a new collective bargaining agreement, forcing them to accept significant pay cuts and layoffs, without involving and engaging the pilots’ union.
- Represented Castro in a class action certification arguing for the inclusion of sales commissions in the calculation of overtime and vacation payments.
- Represented Tomer in a class action certification motion in the amount of NIS17m filed against the client, IMI Systems and an additional company, claiming equal parental rights in the workplace.
Ehud Shilony & Co.
Ehud Shilony & Co. represents three divisions of the largest workers' union in Israel, showcasing its leading expertise in the area of employment rights and reforms. In addition, the team is well known for advising companies on the employment aspects of acquisitions, disputes, restructurings and criminal law matters. Ehud Shilony has represented clients in precedent-setting disputes throughout his career, spanning labour, employment and human rights law. Yael Shilony has particular strength in public sector employment law and disputes involving unequal pay. Recently, the firm successfully represented the workers' committee of Teva Kefar Sava in multiple cases regarding workers' welfare rights, bonuses and industrial relations.
Ehud Shilony; Yael Shilony
Other key lawyers:
The ‘Histadrut’ – ‘New General Union for Workers in Israel’, Division of Professional Unions – Southern Division
The ‘Histadrut’ – ‘New General Union for Workers in Israel’, Division of Professional Unions – Transportation Workers Union
The ‘Histadrut’ – ‘New General Union for Workers in Israel’ – ‘Histadrut HaMAOF’
Israel Professional Firefighters Union
TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Kfar-Saba Workers Committee
Rotem Amfert Employees Committee
Magen David Adom (Israeli Red Cross) Employees Committee
Reut Association – Women’s Social Services
Tel Aviv University Junior Academic Staff Union
Afeka College – Academic Staff Union
Hulon City Institute of Technology Senior Academic Staff Union
Kimberly-Clark Israel Employees Committee
‘ORT’ – Te
Be’er Sheba Municipality Workers Committee
‘Victor Brothers’ Workers
- Represented an individual firefighter, Mr. Alex Zorochov, in a very significant case that affected the financial outcome of 170 firefighters, regarding wage infringements of over NIS15bn.
- Assisted Reut Association with a ‘mobbing audit’.
- Advised academic staff workers’ committees in various universities and academic institutes on collective agreements.
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) advises clients on employment disputes, corporate transactions, redundancies, internal management and compliance. It also has a strong track record of representing foreign employees in Israel and advising clients on major collective agreements. Shay Teken has extremely broad expertise, spanning labour disputes, strikes, employment agreements, due diligence and various other related areas. In an ongoing mandate, Teken is advising Channel 13 and Reshet Media in relation to redundancy procedures and restructuring matters necessitated by the Covid-19 pandemic. Senior associate Moran Friedman stands out for her expertise in a diverse array of employment disputes and commercial agreements. Associate Amit Bechler is noted for his role in assisting large multinationals with the process of hiring and relocating foreign employees.
Other key lawyers:
Moran Friedman; Amit Bechler; Hilla Sachs
‘Highly professional team, responsible and attentive to the client’s requests and provide information and technical support in a timely manner.’
‘Knowledge, availability, professionalism, ability to provide practical solutions based on the company’s needs without jeopardising legal requirements.’
‘Their employment practice is among the very best in Israel. They advise us on all employment law matters in our business, including employment contracts, employment policies, severance matters, and employment-related litigation. The team is very knowledgeable in all aspects of employment law in Israel, they are very responsive, and are very respected in the market.’
‘Moran Friedman is a super employment lawyer, with a lot of experience and knowledge.’
‘Moran Freidman is always available and ready to assist. She has the required technical knowledge and shares it when necessary. It is a pleasure to work with her.’
‘Hilla Sachs advises us regarding labour law and employee-employer relations. She is the best lawyer we have met and worked with in several offices to date; her ability to characterise the problem and our requirements, and ability to adapt a proper solution is unique in our view.’
Israel Discount Bank
Hadassah Medical Center
Tadbik – Packing Equipment Company
The Drisco Hotel
The Israel Football Association
The Israel Bar Association
Israeli Organization of Cleaning Companies
Matan Welfare Services Ltd.
- Advising Histadrut on negotiations and drafting a precent-setting general collective agreement with the Manufacturers Association on the reduction of the work week in the Israeli market from 43 to 42 hours.
- Advising the Newrest Group on employment law matters in connection with its NIS130m acquisition of inflight catering services from ISS Israel Comprehensive Business Services Ltd.
- Represented teachers and retirees of the Israeli Ministry of Education in a NIS440M class action, claiming that the Ministry of Education did not include certain salary components in their pension allowance.
Herzog Fox & Neeman's team is unique in its ability to advise clients on international employment law. Besides this, the firm has a strong reputation for acting for public sector employers in Israel regarding contentious and non-contentious matters. Orly Gerbi specialises in complex employment litigation throughout Israel's court circuit and before various tribunals. Currently, she is leading the firm's representation of Israel Railways in several different disputes relating to disruptions caused by industrial action. Chagai Vered has a varied caseload, which includes representing clients in individual and collective disputes, mediation and arbitration proceedings. Liat Shaked-Katz often advises clients on the employment aspects of M&A and other large corporate transactions. The team was bolstered by the arrival of associate Dorit Rachamim from FWMK (Furth, Wilensky, Mizrachi, Knaani) in April 2020.
Other key lawyers:
Liat Shaked-Katz; Chagai Vered; Michal Haberfeld; Asaf Beker; Grigory Danovich
Academic Center For Law and Business
Ashdod Port Company Ltd.
Edgewell Personal Care
General Electric Healthcare Israel
Haifa Port Company Ltd.
Israel Airports Authority
Israel Electric Corporation
Israeli Employment Service
Jewish National Fund
L&T Technology Services Ltd.
Maccabi Health Services
Max (Maxstock) Ltd.
MDA Israel (Magen David Adom)
Meuhedet Health Fund
Merck Sharp & Dohme (Israel 1996) Company Ltd.
National Insurance Institute
Siris Capital Group
Taro Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
Tel Aviv University
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Advising numerous clients on novel matters relating to the Covid-19 crisis and on issues regarding their continued operation in light of regulations and subsequent laws enacted in order to contain the virus, which have been changing on a daily basis.
- Represented Ziv Kitchens with regard to a motion submitted to the Regional Labour Court for the approval of a class action.
- Advised Checkmarx in relation to the employment aspects of its sale to Hellman & Friedman for $1.15bn.
M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries advises and represents a varied roster of clients, including numerous transport and healthcare companies, in relation to class actions, sexual harassment and bullying claims, and corporate transactions, among other areas. Currently, Tamar Golan is leading the firm's representation of Clalit Health Services in various sensitive disputes, including termination and sexual harassment claims. Galit Golan-Rottem stands out for her work for Shlomo Group in two major ongoing class actions. Guy Golan is also a key member of the team.
Other key lawyers:
Galit Golan-Rottem; Guy Golan
S.L.H. Medical Services Ltd
Dan Hotel’s chain
The College of Management Academic Studies
Rinchem Company (Israel) Inc.
Clalit Health Services Organization
Shlomo Transportation Group
Min Hateva beeroteim
Tapuz Fuel Services Ltd.
- Representing Rinchem in all litigation and negotiations with Histadrut, the largest labour union in Israel, regarding the unionisation of the company’s employees.
- Representing Shlomo Group in class action suits filed against it, claiming that the extension order regarding import, export, and wholesale and services applies to Shlomo and its employees.
- Advising and representing Clalit Health Services in relation to all labour law matters, including various negotiations with the Israeli Medical Association.
With a strong focus on the technology and pharmaceutical sectors, Meitar Law Offices is well versed in employment disputes, M&A transactions, collective bargaining, IP rights and commercial agreements. Also of note is the firm's immigration and foreign expert relocation team, which supports immigrants looking for work and refuge in Israel. Rami Landa's expertise includes advising clients on the labour law aspects of M&A transactions, carrying out due diligence, structuring executive compensation arrangements and advising multinationals on adopting Israeli HR policies. Hila Silverstein often assists clients with the employment law aspects of corporate transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Hedvat Yanko Wollman; Lilach Shacham Kaneti; Neta Fuhrmann; Hila Silverstein
‘The team is knowledgeable, highly professional and knows how to find the best solutions to meet the needs of your business while maintaining compliance with the applicable laws.’
‘They are highly responsive, and it is a pleasure to work with them on an interpersonal level.’
‘The firm is a great to work with as they represent many of the exciting new companies that are breaking through in Israel.’
‘Extremely accessible with on-the-spot legal solutions for our myriad of legal questions during these confusing times of lockdowns. Excellent detail-oriented litigators. It is a pleasure to work with the entire employment law team.’
‘Ram Landa is a trusted adviser and leads a ‘Delta Force’ of employment lawyers. No-nonsense, business-oriented and practical advice. Outstanding availability and in-depth knowledge of all new and emerging employment law issues.’
‘Hedvat Yanko Wollman is a top-notch employment law litigator who leaves no stone unturned. Highest level of professionalism and intimate knowledge of the law.’
Habana Labs Ltd
- Advising many companies and start-ups in the high-tech field (including Salesforce and Francisco Partners) on the employment aspects of their significant transactions in Israel.
- Advising Pfizer regarding all aspects of labour law, including employment and employment termination, and the implementation of new working procedures and hiring procedures as part of acquisitions.
- Advised Taboola and Outbrain on the employment aspects of their merger.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary specialises in labour crisis management, which has led to an influx of work related to the pandemic. It is also very experienced in regulatory compliance and in handling the employment aspects of corporate and commercial deals. Recently, the team represented the Manufacturers Association of Israel, the Association of Craft and Industry in Israel and The Israeli Organisation of Cleaning Companies in a dispute before the Supreme Court, resulting in the precedent-setting declaration that the state, rather than employers, is responsible for sick leave paid as a result of self-quarantine during the pandemic. Rachel Harari-Lifshits and Na’ama Babish jointly head the team.
Rachel Harari-Lifshits; Na’ama Babish
Palram Industries (1990) Ltd.
Ayalon Insurance Company Ltd.
The Education, Culture and Neighborhood Renewal Company in Tel Aviv
Reshet Media Ltd.
Tidhar Construction Ltd.
Match Retail Ltd.
Israel Railways Ltd.
Meitav Dash Investment House Ltd.
Bitan Wines – Supermarket and Retail Chain
Shlomo Sixt Group
- Represented the Manufacturers Association of Israel, the Association of Craft and Industry in Israel and The Israeli Organisation of Cleaning Companies in a successful Supreme Court challenge to the legality of the decision of the head of Public Health Services in the Israeli Ministry of Health to classify the mandatory self-quarantine days of employees exposed to a confirmed Covid-19 carrier as paid sick leave payable by the employers.
- Represented Palram Industries (1990) and its subsidiaries in a precedent-setting claim concerning an employer’s obligations when some of its workers object to a labor union representing them.
- Advised the Hebrew Scouts Movement in Israel in relation to the unionisation of the efforts led by the General Federation of Workers, also known as the Histadrut.
Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co.'s employment practice recently hired Netta Bromberg from Erdinast, Ben Nathan, Toledano & Co. as its new department head, bringing in a string of new clients, including several major technology companies. It tends to handle work with cross-border elements, including major compliance projects, collective agreements and class actions. Bromberg is currently serving as lead counsel to Azrieli Group in relation to numerous transactions and employment disputes, showcasing her broad expertise in the field. Associate Lee Alter Kizis is recommended for his knowledge of the employment law aspects of M&A.
Other key lawyers:
Lee Alter Kizis
‘Netta Bromberg is dedicated, intelligent, and – most of all – she delivers!’
‘Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co stand above the competition with regards to their labour law department. The professionalism, the dedication to their customers, and the hands-on approach is something that is not seen very often.’
‘Netta Bromberg has been excellent to deal with.’
‘The firm understands international business. My company employs workers outside of Israel, and sometimes I require not only employment law advice, but also counsel from someone who understands international operations.’
‘I have been a satisfied customer of Barnea’s office for about 20 years, in my various positions as CEO of companies and site manager of international companies.’
‘Netta Bromberg helped us a lot in resolving dismissals that require special approval. The proposed solution was with the consent and satisfaction of all parties: the employer, the dismissed workers, and the regulator. Despite this, the cost of the solution was almost minimal.’
Azrieli Group Ltd.
Amadeus IT Group
Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd
Palace Tel Aviv and Palace Raanana
- Advising Azrieli Group Ltd., the largest publicly traded commercial real estate company in Israel, in relation to all of its employment matters.
- Advising Amadeus IT Group, a major Spanish IT provider for the global travel and tourism industry, in relation to all of its employment law matters.
- Advising FieldCore on all ongoing employment matters.
Erdinast Ben Nathan Toledano & Co. with Hamburger Evron specialises in the employment aspects of M&A and administrative procedures, showing particular expertise in major industries such as infrastructure, food and drink, and healthcare. Additionally, the team has a niche in providing advice to international law firms regarding employment and labour law in Israel. Over the review period, the team was involved in the largest management buyout transaction in Israel to date. Miriam Kleinberger-Attar has regularly served as counsel to clients affected by the economic impact of Covid-19, covering such matters as furloughing staff and data privacy. Associate Dafna Albeck is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘Personal attention, great knowledge.’
‘Miriam Attar has great understanding and a practical approach.’
‘They are very thorough, eloquent in their arguments (both orally and in writing) and confident during litigation in a way that makes judges listen.’
‘Very pleasant and attentive to client’s needs and business limitations and offer advice accordingly.’
Israel Electric Corporation
Gazit Globe Ltd.
Invenergy Investment LLC.
Keshet Prima Israel Ltd.
Gaash Lighting Ltd.
Waterfall Security Solution Ltd.
Carasso Motors Ltd.
Dor Alon Energy Ltd.
Blue Square Real Estate Ltd.
Musashi AI Ltd.
Anecdotes A.I. Ltd.
Vayavision Sensing Ltd.
Arbe Robotics Ltd.
Ramet Trom Ltd.
Synamedia Technologies Israel Ltd.
Getty Images Inc.
D.B.S. Satellite Services (1998) Ltd.
Shikun & Binui Ltd.
Mey Eden Ltd.
The Culture Trip Ltd.
Beeper Communications Israel Ltd.
Bright Source Industries Israel Ltd.
Dip Tech Ltd.
Yelin Lapidot – Mutual funds management Ltd.
College of Management Studies
Galil Software and Technology Services Ltd.
The Israel Volleyball Association
- Represented Direct-Insurance in a significant collective dispute.
- Represented Israel Electric Corporation in an approximately NIS250m class action regarding salary deduction reimbursement.
- Advised Hellman & Friedman on the employment aspects of the acquisition of Checkmarx Ltd. from Insight Partners for $1.15bn.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co. has a strong reputation for employment litigation, relocation and immigration matters, and transactions involving the transfer of employees. It is also well known for providing full-service employment advice to international corporations looking to enter the Israeli market. Ofer Ravid specialises in collective and private labour law, encompassing labour rights, hiring and termination practices, and M&A transactions. Orit Zilony-Klinman is regularly involved in employment litigation before all of Israel's courts, with a particular focus on advising companies in the hi-tech and transport sectors. Liam Schwartz is a noted expert in US corporate immigration law.
Ofer Ravid; Orit Zilony; Liam Schwartz
Other key lawyers:
The Arison Group
Warburg Pincus LLC
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Morgan Stanley (Israel) Ltd.
Lockheed Martin Israel
Marlin Equity Partners
Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
IMI Systems Ltd.
- Represented Mrs. Natali Gutman in an appeal of the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission’s decision to approve the termination of her employment, resulting in a precedent-setting ruling by the National Labour Court regarding the legal protections for women undergoing fertility treatments.
- Assisted various Israeli professionals with obtaining US relocation visas.
- Advising Comtech Telecommunications on its acquisition of Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. for $532.5m, including all employment aspects of the transaction.
S. Horowitz & Co is very active in matters related to the coronavirus pandemic, including terminations and social insurance benefits. It is also well versed in all forms of individual and collective employment disputes, and the employment aspects of corporate and commercial agreements. Ofir Pozner has a strong track record of advising clients in relation to individual and collective employment terms, redundancies and various contentious matters, such as discrimination and whistleblowing claims. Former practice head Shoshana Gavish left the firm in January 2020.
Hadassah Medical Organization
Haifa Port Company Ltd.
HaMossad LeBituach Leumi
Minrav Holdings Ltd,
Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center
Procter & Gamble Israel Ltd.
British Embassy (Tel Aviv) and the British Consulate (Jerusalem)
Brimag Systems Ltd.
The British Council
HCL Technologies Ltd.
Israel Cancer Association
Karnit – Road Accident Victims Compensation Fund
The Weizmann Institute
Beiersdorf AG, BEI
Redwood International Sports
Robert Bosch Technologies Israel Ltd.
Aroma Espresso Bar Ltd.
Wobi Insurance Agency Ltd.
The Academic College – Ramat-Gan
Thomson Reuters Israel Ltd.
H. Meitar Ltd.
- Advising and representing Hadassah Medical Organisation in connection with all ongoing employment matters, contentious and non-contentious, including claims arising from the 2003 national economic revival plan.
- Advising Haifa Port Company Limited in relation to dispute management, legal opinions, collective disputes, claims to halt disciplinary procedures, motions for temporary measures and interlocutory relief, and various other matters.
- Advising Bituah Leumi, Israel’s national social security agency, on an application for temporary measures, and in relation to a claim by a former employee of a subcontractor who was later hired by the client, and is now claiming the differences in salaries.
With notable expertise in the hi-tech, medical cannabis and renewable energy sectors, Shibolet & Co. is best known for its experience in union matters, relocation and immigration issues, employment litigation and staff transfers. Hadas Raccah-Dvir, who specialises in labour relations and human resources, has dedicated a substantial amount of her time in the last year to dealing with gig economy issues on behalf of various companies, including start-ups. Keren Maimon-Sandler stands out for her expertise in employment issues affecting the Kibbutz Movement and its commercial activities.
Other key lawyers:
‘Keren Maimon-Sandler provides efficient and practical advice and is always responsive and attentive to clients’ needs.’
‘They complement our daily work with legal work when needed and help us with legislative updates.’
‘The team I have worked with is very knowledgeable. You can count on them to answer short questions over the phone but also to provide very comprehensive and complex legal opinions, as well as strong representation in labour disputes. It is really a one-stop shop for all employment issues, and you feel you are in good hands.’
‘Hadas Raccah is just great! Highly responsive, very clever, very knowledgeable and provides to-the-point legal advice and support. A real partner to all in-house counsels.’
‘Hadas will always be attentive and available – her advice is unquestionably professional and helpful.’
CAF Investment Projects
Delta Galil Industries Ltd.
Aragon Real Estate Technology Solutions
Inter-Disciplinary Center Herzliya
Kav Manche – Hashavim
Ramat Hagolan Winery
The Trendlines Group
Water Corporation – Kiryat Gat
Yafora Tavori Ltd.
Boston Consulting Group
- Advised CartiHeal on the employment aspects of its equity investment in Bioventus, including the drafting of employment-related agreements and the resolution of sensitive issues.
- Advised Vonage on the employment aspects of a strategic acquisition, which included carrying out due diligence, drafting new executive employment agreements and dealing with foreign workers’ visa applications.
- Advised Livestock Improvement Corporation on the employment aspects of its acquisition of 50% of F.F.2 – Afimilk, including advising on the special relations with Kibbutz members and changing their status to employees while protecting their rights.
Tadmor Levy & Co. is particularly well known for advising and representing the labour unions in Israel regarding all of their legal matters, including collective negotiations. It also represents various private companies, including major financial institutions, in relation to the employment aspects of their business ventures and contentious matters. Tal Keret frequently advises international and Israeli clients on the employment issues surrounding liquidation, foreclosure and suspension proceedings. Shira Cohen-Mazor often assists Keret with important mandates.
Other key lawyers:
‘Capable of providing quick responses and incredible expertise and knowledge.’
‘Shira Cohen-Mazor is capable of responding immediately with great expertise and creative solutions. She is simply phenomenal to work with.’
‘I wish all of the experts I approach would be as knowledgeable and professional as the partners at Tadmor. I started working with them about four years ago, and never looked back.’
Assuta Medical Centers Ltd. and Assuta Ashdod Ltd.
Malam Team Ltd.
Credit Suisse Financial Services
Sonol Israel Ltd. Sprint Motors Ltd.
Rafael Advanced Defence Systems
Labour Union of Arkia Israeli Airlines Ltd.
Alpha Bio Tec. Ltd.
Association for the Wellbeing of Israel’s Soldiers
Azrieli Group Ltd.
Israel Shipyards Ltd.
SIPG Terminal Bayport Co. Ltd.
EL AL ISRAEL AIRLINES LTD
MRC Alon Tavor Power, Ltd.
Oranim Academic College
Adler Chomski & Warshavsky
I.B.C. Israel BroadBand Company (2013) Ltd.
- Advising and representing Assuta in relation to various employment matters, including arbitration proceedings related to the termination of a significant employee, and the negotiations for a new collective work agreement for its employees and the renewal of an existing collective agreement.
- Representing Malam – Team Ltd. in labour disputes, including a class action lawsuit filed against a member of the client’s group, claiming alleged fictitious wage components.
- Advising the Israeli and European management of Credit Suisse on day-to-day labour law issues and agreements, including drafting employment agreements, advising on termination proceedings, sexual harassment protocols, breaches of obligations, and key advice regarding amendments to its global employment policies.
With notable strength in the construction, hi-tech and hospitality sectors, AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co predominantly acts for employers in contentious, commercial and regulatory matters, including highly sensitive mandates involving sexual harassment, equal opportunities and termination of employment. It is also a go-to practice for clients engaged in shareholder disputes. Helit Simhoni has standout expertise in acting for labour unions in important disputes. Former judge Yigal Plitman is also a key member of the team, providing invaluable consultancy services on labour law and assisting clients with arbitration and meditation proceedings involving employment issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘What stands out is the availability of the team to provide the requested advice promptly, and the fact that the leading senior attorney is the one providing the advice.’
Ono Academic College
The National Israeli Restaurants Organization
Maccabi Haifa Football Club
Danya Cebus Ltd
Diamond Capital Management Services
Cnaan Center LTD
A.A. Shidurit Telepage (1989)
Gaon Holdings Group
Gaon Holdings Group
- Representing Leverate in legal proceedings against several high-ranking employees of the company, including the former CEO, in relation to a scheme to form a rival business using the claimant’s sensitive and privileged information.
- Representing Eran Schiller, a shareholder in Moran Schiller Engineers, in a dispute with another shareholder.
- Representing defendants SCC Nigeria Ltd and Yuval Levi in a claim alleging breaches of employment agreements, namely in terms of non-payment of social rights.
FWMK (Furth, Wilensky, Mizrachi, Knaani) primarily focuses on providing day-to-day advice to its clients regarding employment issues, encompassing recruitment, outsourcing, pension plans, restructuring, termination and various other matters. Yael Ben-Naim specialises in advising clients on staff transfers and restructuring as a result of M&A. In addition, Ben-Naim represents clients in disputes before the labour courts and governmental authorities in Israel.
‘Very intelligent, open-minded and innovative.’
‘Very motivated, loyal, hard workers and professionals.’
‘Excellent service, accurate and professional work, commercial and practical point of view.’
‘Very easy to work with, professional, always on top of their work.’
Access Layers Ltd
Ace Capital Retail (2016) Ltd.
Avanan Research and Information Security Ltd.
Aviation Links Ltd.
Binah . AI Ltd.
Biobeat Technologies Ltd
Edmond de Rothschild Group
Gil-Car Systems (98) Ltd.
Hapoel Ramat Gan Givataim F.C.
ICMC- Israel Crisis Management Center
Innovid Media Ltd.
King David Tower Hotel Ltd.
KTE Trading and Services Company Ltd.
Magen – Construction Engineering Works Ltd.
Medica Excel Group
Morphisec Information Security 2014 Ltd.
Notal Vision Ltd.
P.T.C. Pan Trading Company Ltd.
Points of You Ltd.
Powermat Technologies Ltd.
Prometheus Financial Advisory Ltd
Rachip Verification Ltd
Redis Labs Ltd.
Restaurant Cheetah Group Ltd
Ruden Corp Ltd
Securing Sam Ltd.
Shamir Optical Industry Ltd.
Sintec Media Ltd.
Source Defense Ltd.
Sqream Technologies Ltd
- Advising Alum Eshet (Oman) Ltd. on a transaction, negotiating the continued engagement of key employees, and drafting new senior employees’ agreements.
- Advised Avanan Research and Information Security Ltd. on the revision of its employment agreements.
- Advised numerous clients on the implementation of various solutions, including the reduction of workforces and adaptation of work processes, under the special circumstances of the Covid- 19 pandemic.
Focusing predominantly on the hospitality and leisure sectors, Gornitzky & Co. covers a range of employment services, including conducting litigation in Israel's labour courts, drafting employment and separation agreements, and managing complex collective procedures. Michael Ayalon, who sits as chairman of the Labour Law Legislative Committee of the Israeli Bar Association, has expertise in labour law litigation, arbitration and mediation, including class actions. Associates Sagi Padureanu and Roni Sharon Aviram are very active members of the team due to their ability to advise clients on contentious and transactional matters.
Other key lawyers:
Sagi Padureanu; Roni Sharon Aviram
‘Michael Ayalon is very professional, creative, shrewd and efficient. He has a very good reputation in the employment market in Israel. Highly recommended.’
‘The team is professional, experienced and responsive.’
Ford Motor Company Ltd.
HYUNDAI Motor Europe Technical Center GMBH
Venus Concept Ltd.
Enercon Technologies Ltd.
Baby Star Motzarei Tinokot Ltd.
The Floor Ltd.
Cobwebs Technologies Ltd.
Perimeter 81 Ltd.
International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc.
Dan Public Transportation Group
Fattal Hotels Ltd.
- Advising Fattal Hotels in relation to all employment law matters.
- Advised Dan Group on the labour law aspects of a complex investment deal with Dan Europe Israel and the Value Base Group, which included drafting senior employment agreements and work procedures, in addition to managing all employees rights’ issues.
- Advising Frutarom Ltd. on all matters related to employment law in Israel, including the drafting of employment agreements, employee benefits, options plans and senior employee agreements.
Gross Law Firm – GKH's 'dedicated and pioneering team' shows particular strength in employment matters arising from M&A transactions, including relocation, termination and compensation agreements. Additional areas of expertise include unionisation, collective labour law disputes, collective agreements and negotiations. Yael Dolev, who serves as co-chairman of the National Labour Forum of the Bar Association, has a strong track record of advising a broad spectrum of clients on all aspects of private and collective labour law.
‘A dedicated and pioneering team. It is eager to find the path for new precedents that will emphasise the right of workers to choose their representation.’
‘Yael Dolev is a dedicated and courageous lawyer and an extraordinary litigator. Whenever she speaks, the court is under her control.’
Neto Melinda Trade Ltd.
Israel Postal Company
The Israel Airports Authority
Shamrock Capital Advisors
Egged Transportation Ltd.
Yandex Israel Ltd
Maccabi Healthcare Services
The Boston Consulting Group
- Advised Ribbon Communications on its acquisition, for cash and stock, of ECI Telecom Group, including all employment law aspects.
- Advised Insight Partners on its $1.1bn acquisition of Armis Security, including all employment law aspects.
- Acting for Gett in an ongoing consultation related to all fields of labour law, including hearings, recruitment, the preparation of labour agreements, retirement agreements and compensation plans, as well as representation before the Employment Committee of the Ministry of Defence.
Lipa Meir & Co has notable expertise in collective bargaining, in addition to a strong track record of advising employers on union-related matters. Recently, the team has been highly active advising clients on crisis management in light of Covid-19. Shabi Michaeli specialises in individual and collective labour law, including disputes before the labour courts and ADR.
‘Multi-talented practices that combine together smoothly.’
‘They offer a very professional, dedicated, 24/7 service.’
Mega Retail Group
Israel Shipyards Ltd.
Israel Shipyards Port Ltd. & Cement
Bitan Wines Retail
The Carmel Winery
Ginegar Plastics Limited
Tata Consultancy Services Israel
Kibutz Beit Oren
Peretz Boney Hanegev
Shekel Scales 1998 Ltd.
Jumbo Stock Net
Vic Worldcom Financial
Israel Land Development Company
Community Centers Net Ramla
Municipal Environmental Association of Ashkelon
- Representing Mega Retail Group in a high volume of debt claims filed by hundreds of its employees, worth hundreds of millions of shekels.
- Advising Clalit Health Services on all of its employment law matters, including the labour law aspects of tender and commercial agreements.
- Advising Israel Shipyards and its subsidiaries on a range of issues, including the drafting of private and collective employment agreements, and regularly updating its collective bargaining agreements.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. is particularly well known for its expertise in the employment aspects of corporate restructurings, employment litigation and collective bargaining. Tommy Manor specialises in collective bargaining agreements and collective and individual labour disputes. Pnina Broder Manor often assists clients with the formation and updating of employment policies.
Tommy Manor; Pnina Broder Manor
‘Very professional, experienced, know their material, highly responsive.’
Taldor Computer Systems
Leumit Health Care
Derech Eretz Highways
The Plant Production & Marketing Board
Oxygen and Argon Works
Gilat Satellite Networks
Bet Shemesh Engines
Migdal Insurance Company
Ham-Let (Israel-Canada) Ltd
Simplivia Healthcare LTD.
- Represented Neviot-Teva Hagalil Ltd. in a dispute between workers’ organisations filed by the Histadrut against the Histadrut Leumit and the client.
- Advising various entities of the CBC Group on negotiating amendments to the existing collective agreements in order to adapt them to the consequences of the Covid-19 crisis.
- Representing Nativ 2 Ltd in a class action filed by a foreign employee.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz predominantly advises and represents clients in relation to individual contracts and sensitive disputes, spanning such areas as unlawful dismissal and sexual harassment. The team also has a good track record of advising on the employment and due diligence aspects of M&A in Israel, particularly in the hi-tech sector. The 'highly professional' Kalia Klein has over 30 years of experience in employment law.
‘Kalia Klein is highly competent, available, easy to work with and forward-thinking.’
‘Kalia is highly professional and well regarded, with extremely deep knowledge in her area of practice. She makes efficient use of associates’ time and knows how to allocate and prioritise work. Kalia provides practical advice and enables the client to work through difficult employment matters in a smooth and primarily non-confrontational way. I highly recommend her.’
‘Kalia Klein was very professional, responsive and sharp, and worked with us through this difficult period of time where we had to make layoffs.’
Ormat Technologies Inc.
Bait Balev Ltd.
Brand Industries Ltd.
Hilti (Israel) Ltd.
Aspect Imaging Ltd.
- Advising Ormat Technologies on a raft of labour and employment issues, such as the drafting of contracts, including individual contracts, conducting negotiations and resolving sensitive employment litigation.
- Advising Bait Belev Ltd on a range of employment issues, especially in relation to the harsh impact of the coronavirus on the company.
- Advising and representing Brand Industries in relation to a range of employment issues, including a dispute surrounding the signing of a collective agreement and a claim by the Histadrut union that the company was required to hire the previous chairman of the workers’ union.
S. Friedman & Co. Advocates & Notaries focuses on assisting clients with employment agreements, compensation plans and labour law issues, including collective disputes and negotiations with unions. Throughout the pandemic, the team has advised numerous clients on unpaid leave, termination of employment and various other matters. Tal Enat-Ben Arieh has particular strength in handling collective bargaining agreements and pension arrangements.
Tal Enat-Ben Arieh
‘S. Friedman’s team includes very experienced and competent individuals; they do their work thoroughly and professionally.’
‘S. Friedman’s team are always kind and accommodating and at the same time professional and thorough.’
‘I would especially like to mention Tal Enat-Ben Arieh who is the head of the department and does wonderful work.’
ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd.
Milouot Haifa Bay Settlements Development Co. Ltd.
Hamashbir Department Stores Ltd.
Netivei Israel – National Transport Infrastructure Company Ltd.
Super Pharm (Israel) Ltd.
Weizmann institute of science
Qualcomm Israel Ltd.
Ort Braude College
Palram Industries (1990) Ltd. (PALRAM)
Ralco Agencies Ltd.
I. Sade Projects
Levinsky College of Education
Plasson Ltd. (TASE: PLASSON)
Rekah Pharmaceutical Industry Ltd.
Overseas Commerce Ltd.
Rom Geves Casing and Covering (1997) Ltd.
Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Haifa and the North
- Representing Chemothal Ltd. in a class action lawsuit in the regional labour court and filing a successful request for leave to appeal in the National Labour Court.
- Represented a former employee of ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd. in a successful claim for declaratory relief and financial remedies.
- Represented ORT Braude College of Engineering in a dispute regarding its decision to fire an employee for misconduct.
Salomon, Lipschütz & Co.
Salomon, Lipschütz & Co. often advises employers and employees regarding collective bargaining negotiations and unionisation processes. It is also a strong firm for clients engaged in litigation relating to organisational handling fees and claims of sexual harassment in the workplace. 'Excellent' practice head Einat Carmi-Barak often advises international companies on the effect of employment and labour laws in Israel on their corporate activities.
‘I work with the head of the department, Einat Carmi-Barak, most often. From the start it has been obvious that she is an excellent lawyer, but the more we have worked together I have realised that she is much more than that. She is a real professional, and an absolute master in labour law. Even though she is the head of the department, she personally handles numerous cases, which is a big advantage for clients. Her experience and expertise is immense, and her contribution to the cases is priceless, both in the office and in the courtroom.’
‘Einat Carmi Barak is in a league of her own. She has one of the sharpest minds in the labour law field. I have collaborated with her in the past and got a front-row seat to see her in action.’
‘A highly professional team, with a high level of service and a 360-degree overview of the case. They combine legal skills with a strong business understanding.’
‘Responsiveness and creative thinking.’
Tapuz Fueling Services Ltd.
Paz Oil Company
Motorola Solutions Israel Ltd.
Dor Alon Retail Sites Management
Shlomo Sixt (of Shlomo Group)
Quik (Bring Bring Solutions Ltd.)
Yeruham Economic Development Company
Yeruham Local Council
Reckitt Benckiser (Near East) Ltd.
Retail and Wholesale Chains CFO Forum
Afcon Holdings Ltd.
Leto Group Ltd.
Focus On Eyes Ltd.
Mobileye Vision Technologies Ltd.
Gilat Satellite Networks
TAT Technologies Ltd.
Coffee Organization Ltd.
Helios Developments (HK) Ltd.
EMET Computing Group
Mevushelet (CIP Mevo Horon Ltd.)
General Mills Israel Ltd.
My Pension Ltd.
Dikla Insurance Company Ltd.
- Representing Tapuz in a request to approve a class action lawsuit filed against it alleging breaches of the 1979 Gas Stations Sector Extension Order, which provides for additional benefits for employees working certain shifts.
- Representing Motorola Solutions Israel Ltd. in a claim submitted by an employee who was brought to a hearing due to exceeding his powers.
- Representing AM:PM in a dispute with Tnufa LaOved, regarding Tnufa’s attempt to unite the client’s employees without its consent.
Tulchinsky Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. is particularly well versed in employment matters affecting clients in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Michal Markovitz-Blachar's significant ongoing work includes advising the Caesarea Rothschild Foundation on various matters, including employment agreements regarding senior members of the company and agreements with contractors. Associate Ariel Shanon is recommended for his expertise in labour disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Jerusalem Venture Partners
The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation
The Developmental Company for Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Corporation
Eyeway Vision Ltd.
Boehringer Ingelheim Israel Ltd.
Sam Spiegel Film and Television
Sanara Ventures Ltd.
Eretz Israel Museum Tel Aviv
Yozma Leumit (Israel Initiative) Association
Advanced Vision Technology (A.V.T) Ltd.
Mantis Informatics IsraelLtd.
JR-Heinemann Duty Free Limited Partnership
Civan Advanced Technologies Ltd.
- Advising Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. with regards to a raft of employment and labour matters, including employment agreements, terminations and other sensitive and contentious matters.
- Advising Jerusalem Venture Partners in relation to a range of employment issues, including the labour aspects of transactions and managing employment disputes.
- Advising the Caesarea Rothschild Foundation on a range of employment matters.
Weksler, Bregman & Co., Advocates has the ability to advise clients on contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including highly sensitive disputes, collective bargaining agreements and the incorporation process in Israel. Of particular note, however, is the firm's strong track record of representing both employers and employees in claims regarding sexual harassment at work. Igal Kolof and Limor Argov-Shenhav, who frequently represents clients before the labour courts and various civil and criminal judicial fora, jointly lead the team.
Limor Argov-Shenhav; Igal Kolof
‘The firm stands out for the people who work at this practice and their commitment to their clients. They are available 24/7.’
Negev Ceramics Ltd.
Africa Israel Investments Ltd.
Africa Israel Hotels ltd. – Crowne Plaza Israel
Africa Israel Residencies ltd.
Safra Bank Ltd.
Rapac and Intergamma Groups
PM – Partner Manufacturing Ltd
Gottex-Zara Israel Group
Top Ramdor Systems and Computers (1990) Ltd
Aminach Furniture & Mattresses Industries Ltd.
Samurai Trade Ltd.
Rom Geves Ltd.
JICA – Japan-Israel Commercial Association
Delta Digital Ltd.
The Czech Republic
Health Direct Medical Services Ltd.
- Advising Negev Group, including before the labour courts at all levels, on all employment-related matters pertaining to its 800-plus employees in Israel.
- Advising Africa Israel Hotels Ltd. on all employment-related matters involved in its ongoing operations, including the labour law aspects of the sale of five large-scale hotels for a consideration of NIS1bn.
- Advising Gottex-Zara Israel Group on all of its employment-related matters, including establishing comprehensive compliance systems and methods within the group, and drafting and negotiating all employment and incentive agreements.
Yigal Arnon & Co specialises in advising international and domestic companies on various employment aspects of M&A, including HR matters, executive compensation and employee benefits. Ben Sandler often advises media and entertainment companies on a wide range of employment law matters. Shira Lahat's standout work includes providing legal services to Google regarding employment issues such as incentive plans, terminations and reorganisation processes.
Ben Sandler; Shira Lahat
‘The team provides quick, practical advice. I have been really happy with the quality of the work.’
‘I have worked the closest with Ben Sandler. I am very appreciative of his quick responses and practical advice. Since he has provided us with advice for multiple years, he has developed an understanding of our company and risk profile. He provides bottom-line responses and does not recommend extra work that could unnecessarily increase costs. He tells me what I need to know to manage the team.’
‘Very professional. Great working relationships.’
Holmes Place International
Israeli Basketball Association
- Advising Netflix on special employment issues arising from the production of a high-profile TV series in Israel.
- Representing Holmes Place in a class action claim submitted by a foreign employee of a subcontractor, claiming employment relations with the client and asking for certain payments that allegedly were not paid to him.
- Advising Google on employment matters such as incentive plans, terminations and reorganisation processes.