Due to an impressively broad interdisciplinary service offering, CMS is able to advise any kind of involved party across the entire life cycle of a project development. The client base, which is predominantly composed of project developers, architectural offices, industrial corporations as well as general contractors, instructs the team around Martin Krause with project management, general planning and general transfer agreements, land acquisitions, project financing as well as user-relevant and litigious matters; Nicolai Ritter in particular increasingly advises on integrated project development as well as on multi-party agreements. While the group generally acts across all asset categories, it has particularly deep expertise in the development of technical plants in the oil, gas, chemical and energy industries.
Project development in Germany
GSK Stockmann's client base, which is predominantly comprised of project and property developers, can rely on the extensive expertise of the firm's real estate project development sector group: it advises on legal issues pertaining to property and development areas, planning and construction services, financing as well as investment matters related to real estate and infrastructure projects. The team is composed of experts in public construction and planning, environmental, architectural and engineering law and is also well versed in risk and cost management, tax optimisation as well as in construction and planning disputes. Furthermore, the group has particular experience in intra-urban project developments, especially with regards to housing construction. Stefan Dorn and practice head Jan Kehrberg stand out for their longstanding experience in advising on construction aspects of large-scale project developments.
Other key lawyers:
Actris Henninger Turm GmbH & Co KG
Athora Real Estate S.à r.l.
Instone Real Estate Development GmbH
KARL München GmbH & Co. KG
PATRIZIA Gruppe, PATRIZIA Deutschland GmbH
Siemens Real Estate
STADT UND LAND Gruppe
Tegel Projekt GmbH
Art-Invest, Art-Invest Real Estate Management GmbH & Co. KG, Niederlassung München
- Siemens Real Estate: Ongoing legal planning support for the Siemensstadt 2.0 project.
- Actris Henninger Turm GmbH & Co KG: Advising the client in the context of a legal dispute with a TGA general contractor about compensation claims in the double-digit millions with numerous third parties.
Kapellmann und Partner
Kapellmann und Partner pools its expertise in real estate, corporate and financing law to comprehensively advise on the development and realisation of real estate and infrastructure projects, whereby Werner Langen and Claus von Rintelen's team has developed legal project management as its own brand with standardised decision making processes. Therefore, the team regularly assists project managers, planning offices as well as contracting authorities with the entire spectrum of project-relevant matters, including land acquisitions, architectural, engineering and project management agreements, construction and planning disputes as well as the lease and sale of planned and completed objects. While the expertise spectrum generally comprises all asset categories, the group has particularly wide-ranging experience in the plant engineering space which it utilises in both national as well as cross-border projects and frequently in relation to claim, anti-claim and risk managements, if necessary also in court or mediation proceedings.
Arnecke Sibeth Dabelstein permeates real estate projects across all asset categories, as well as specifically in the plant engineering and industrial construction spheres, and hereby often advises along the entire life cycle of a building with the help of several teams: the group assists with land acquisitions and adjustments, financing and building law, planning and construction issues as well as, if necessary, with the utilisation of the completed object. The practice, which is led by Thomas Krall and Thomas Richter, also possesses specific expertise in cooperative construction models in agreement with public authorities, in projects handled via building information modelling, as well as in project-related adjudication.
Other key lawyers:
BPD Immobilienentwicklung GmbH nebst diversen Objektgesellschaften
Fiduciary Capital GmbH
Meixner + Partner Projektentwicklung Projektsteuerung GmbH
München Karstadt am Bahnhof S.à r.l.
Projektgesellschaft Großherzog-Friedrich-Höfe, Saarbrücken mbH
Wüstenrot Haus- und Städtebau GmbH
- BPD Immobilienentwicklung GmbH nebst diversen Objektgesellschaften: Supervision of all projects in the Munich region.
- BTI Bogenhausener Tor Investment S.àr.l.: Supervision of the Bavaria Towers project.
- BWBG - Berliner Wohnbau GmbH: Supervision of the Mein Falkenberg project, currently primarily advice on conservation issues.
Hogan Lovells International LLP demonstrates its project development expertise in extensive, often international plant engineering projects in the energy, utilities, disposal, infrastructure and transport sectors. Hereby, the infrastructure, energy, resources and projects practice group assists both industrial corporations as well as project development companies with all legal and contractural issues pertaining to planning, financing, project development and project-related M&A as well as potential disputes and claim management. Tobias Faber's focus rests on advising German and international clients on energy and infrastructure projects abroad.
Other key lawyers:
Silenos Energy Geothermie Garching a.d. Alz GmbH & Co. KG
- Konsortium unter der Leitung von WTE Wassertechnik für das Kläranlagenprojekt Umm Al-Hayman in Kuwait: Advising the consortium as a successful bidder for the Umm Al-Hayman wastewater project in Kuwait with a construction volume of around USD 1.8 billion.
- Eine weltweit führende multinationale Gesellschaft: Advice on various international disputes in the field of plant engineering, e.g. B. because of a construction delay in connection with the delivery of components for the construction of a gas-fired power plant in Poland, and various disputes over offshore wind projects in the German North Sea and in Denmark.
- Silenos Energy Geothermie Garching a.d. Alz GmbH & Co. KG: Advice on project financing for the “Bruck” geothermal power plant in the municipality of Garching ad Alz, Bavaria, as well as in negotiations on project contracts.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH particularly stands out for the close linkage between its construction and procurement expertise, which particularly comes into effect while advising the public authorities on project developments, although general contractors as well as private contracting authorities equally benefit from the real estate and infrastructure industry group's holistic approach that also includes transactional advice. Aside from new city quarter developments, Achim Meier's practice also assists across the entire life cycle of numerous power plant projects as well as project developments in the healthcare sector.
Quartier Heidestraße GmbH
- Quartier Heidestraße GmbH: Advising the investor on the preparation and negotiation of planning and building contracts as well as legal advice on a new construction project in EuropaCity with approx. 4,300 m² office space and 130 2-5 room apartments as well as 17 retail and service units for a project volume of approx. € 800 million .
- Bundesanstalt für Immobilienaufgaben / Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnologie (BSI): Comprehensive procurement and contract law advice for the new building of the BSI in Bonn with general planning, construction and operational services.
- Della S.à r.l.: Advising the investor on the negotiation and conclusion of a GMP contract with Züblin for the construction of a high-rise building in Berlin and the construction of the excavation pit, including legal advice accompanying the project
For Noerr's real estate practice, comprehensive project-related assistance with intra-urban quarter developments, campus buildings and infrastructure as well as specialist property projects in the logistics, research and manufacturing sectors constitute an integral part of its advisory work. The team predominantly acts for national and international contracting authorities and advises on public law aspects such as urban development agreements, the entire range of project agreements, financing as well as project management and is further adept in assisting with post-construction matters such as facility management and utilisation issues. Volker Bock is the key contact for construction and real estate matters related to industrial and commercial building projects and Peter Bachmann focuses on planning, permitting and securing commercial sites.
Other key lawyers:
Catella Project Management
- Catella Project Management: Advice on the realization of the “Grand Central” quarter in Düsseldorf and the agreement of a related partnership with CG Gruppe AG.
- Landeshauptstadt München: Advice on the expansion of the airport connection for S-Bahn line 8 in public law and on issues relating to real estate, financing and project management.
Under the roof of its projects, energy and infrastructure practice, Taylor Wessing commits itself exclusively to national and international large-scale projects in the industrial plant engineering sphere as well as to infrastructure and technology-heavy construction projects, thereby advising with comprehensive expertise in project agreements, construction and operation stages as well as project and claim management; with a focus on advising contracting authorities, the team around Michael Baumhauer is also well versed in litigious disputes and can further rely on the expertise of the firm's procurement, financing and corporate practices. Janina Pochhammer and André Guskow particularly often assist with project developments for processing, manufacturing and energy plants, while the construction of data centres is another core competence of the practice.
In the project development sphere, ADVANT Beiten's core competence rests in advising national and occasionally also international project developers on all stages of construction and infrastructure projects, including procurement procedures, urban development agreements, construction matters as well as financing and sales. The asset expertise of Klaus Beine's team spans the categories residential, logistics, office and healthcare; furthermore, the group also assists the public authorities with large-scale project developments on conversion sites as well as city quarter developments.
alstria office REIT-AG
dataform Dialogservices GmbH
Netze BW GmbH
Stadt Hofheim am Tanus
Mohammad Omar Bin Haider Holding Group Dubai
Groß + Partner GmbH
- Lakeward: Project development for residential properties in Berlin (residential area with affordable living space).
- Dataform Dialogservices GmbH: Comprehensive advice on setting up a logistics location, including the sale and rental, in advance.
- Stadt Hofheim am Taunus: Supporting the development of a new district on an area of around 28 hectares.
BRL BOEGE ROHDE LUEBBEHUESEN's advice to project developers ranges from procurement, construction, architectural and engineering aspects of land-use procedures and project structuring to project management and acquisition agreements. Alongside construction and plant engineering projects, the group particularly often advises on large-scale projects for mixed-use purposes. Marc Biebelheimer heads the team, which further possesses experience in in and out-of-court disputes.
Aurelis Asset GmbH
Dignus Immobilien GmbH
- Enercity AG: Advice on the new building project development of the future company headquarters on own land in Hanover.
- Dignus Immobilien GmbH: Advice on the purchase of a development area Philosophienviertel Forchheim near Nuremberg for approx. 330 apartments as well as various sports field replacement areas in Forchheim (sports field Jahn and ATSV including new construction), including advice on comprehensive project development including project-related development plan procedures, building and architectural contracts. Advice on construction contracts for the construction of the ATSV new building, on project structuring and advice on the sale of construction sites.
- Agrarfrost GmbH: Constant support of various plant construction projects including advice on project management, architecture, engineering and plant construction contracts as well as construction-related advice.