The dispute resolution practice at Gleiss Lutz has extensive expertise in the advice and representation of companies, especially from the automotive, healthcare and real estate sectors. The team is very active in conflicts and follow on proceedings pertaining to antitrust law, due to its traditional focus on the area. Here, Andrea Leufgen is a point of contact, among others. The group also handles corporate liability claims as well as commercial disputes. Practice head Stefan Rützel is a highly regarded procedural lawyer and Eric Wagner often advises on contentious insolvency law matters. Other team members are David Quinke and Stephan Wilske, who are well versed in post-M&A disputes, whereas Tobias Boecken frequently assists with construction and plant engineering disputes.
Commercial litigation in Germany
‘Tobias Boecken is very solution-oriented; quick reaction and processing of time-critical issues.’
Hengeler Mueller impresses with a track record of commercial court proceedings and frequently handles disputes involving multiple jurisdictions and legal areas; the team often cooperates with its corporate, insolvency, antitrust and financial law experts. Markus Meier is an established defence lawyer domestically and Philipp Hanfland is a key figure for clients from the finance and energy sector as well as the manufacturing industries. Carsten van de Sande, Viola Sailer-Coceani and Henning Bälz are further key contacts; Antonia Hösch and Maximilian Bülau were made partners in January 2020.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very experienced law firm in complex international disputes including arbitration. Excellent team performance in large cases in which several partners and associates have to work together. Extremely responsive.’
‘A fantastic experience in terms of collaboration, knowledge and development. The HM team is characterised by international experience.‘
‘Philipp Hanfland is an excellent partner. He has mastered the technical matters and learns very well and quickly. He’s very smart and strategic.‘
‘Excellent know-how and expertise.’
Baker McKenzie has a 'very strong, multi-talented' dispute resolution team with a focus on proceedings in construction, plant engineering and infrastructure as well as post-M&A. Heiko Haller is a key contact for pharmaceutical companies and jointly heads the practice with Günter Pickrahn, who impresses with his expertise. Jörg Risse has know-how in price adjustments as well as warranty claims and Ragnar Harbst focuses on disputes in the railway sector. All team members regularly act in arbitration proceedings.
‘Very strong, diversified and relatively large team in Frankfurt with expertise in very different areas.‘
‘Günter Pickrahn has extensive experience in disputes with a technical background; Ability to familiarise oneself so deeply with the subject that the conversation with technical experts takes place on an equal footing.‘
‘Jörg Risse is an impressive personality and very opinionated.‘
Ideal Automotive GmbH
- RWE AG: Representation in an appointment procedure.
- Ideal Automotive GmbH: Advice on possible claims for damages in connection with a fine imposed by the Federal Cartel Office.
The dispute resolution practice at Clifford Chance advises on three cornerstones: commercial, corporate and antitrust litigation. The team defends national and international companies from a variety of sectors in often cross-border proceedings; here the firm's network proves to be useful. Practice head Michael Kremer is known for his expertise in contentious infrastructure and industrial plant projects, whereas Christine Gärtner's focus is on D&O liability as well as post-M&A disputes. Uwe Hornung, Burkhard Schneider and Sebastian Rakob are procedural lawyers with extensive experience, and counsel Jan Conrady recently focused on disputed data protection issues.
Hogan Lovells International LLP has a pronounced focus on the automotive, life sciences, plant engineering, energy and consumer goods sectors. The team is experienced in mass and single proceedings as well as class actions with regard to antitrust, corporate, insolvency as well as trade law and cooperates closely with the firm's adjacent practice groups in contentious situations. Practice head Tanja Eisenblätter who has 'a very good eye for the essential problems of a legal dispute and proceeds very solution-oriented', delivery chain specialist Detlef Haß, well-versed corporate expert Olaf Gärtner and Kim Lars Mehrbrey are all key figures of the established practice. Among other internal promotions at the beginning of 2020, especially noteworthy are Christian Ritz' promotion to partner as well as Michael Penners' promotion to counsel.
Other key lawyers:
‘Detlef Haß is a very experienced lawyer; calm, serene and persistent; always pragmatic; is also accepted and appreciated by the contact persons in the departments.‘
‘The law firm stands for outstanding quality. In addition to the legal expertise that is undoubtedly available in this law firm, emotional balance and character suitability for practicing the profession of lawyer should not be underestimated.‘
‘Tanja Eisenblätter is a particularly hard-working lawyer who has a crystal clear eye for the essential problems of a legal dispute and who is very solution-oriented. You don’t waste time with it. Your assessments of the development of the dispute are always correct. She is a winner and a creative thinker.‘
‘You are open to good exchange and very solution-oriented. Different experts who are drawn on in a well-coordinated manner on various issues.‘
‘Broad expertise with depth.‘
‘Michael Penners is competent, and very clear and structured in fact clarification and research. He brings arguments and briefs to the point.‘
Confiserie Rabbel GmbH
Daiichi Sankyo Europe GmbH
Danube Private University
Honeywell International Inc.
NDT Global GmbH & Co.KG
- NRW.BANK: Representation in two proceedings against the “Single Resolution Board” of the European Union in connection with contributions to the “Single Resolution Fund” and the obligation of the SRB to give preferential treatment to not only the development business of NRW.BANK, but also its subsidy business.
- Multinational society: Advising on various international disputes in the field of plant construction, for example due to a construction delay in connection with the delivery of components for the construction of a gas power plant in Poland, and on various disputes about offshore wind projects in the German North Sea and in Denmark.
Latham & Watkins LLP has a 'dedicated and strong team which works across several offices without any friction losses'. Led by the experienced Christoph Baus, the group handles contentious bonds and trade matters, shareholder disputes and professional liability proceedings as well as corporate and antitrust proceedings. After several departures, Stefan Patzer was made counsel at the beginning of 2020. At associate level, the team includes Alena McCorkle and Anne Löhner.
‘A very competent team, excellent support, high academic level.’
‘Alena McCorkle is characterised by proactive action, high professional competence and quick reactions.’
‘A very committed, highly professional, pragmatic, quick-reacting and very pleasant, unpretentious team that makes the client’s affairs its own. Both the team composition as such and the smooth and seamless coordination and transfer of knowledge across locations is valued.‘
‘Christoph Baus is a brilliant strategist, but what has impressed most recently is his ability to motivate large teams and prepare them for success like a coach.’
‘Christoph Baus is legally outstanding and has a convincing appearance.’
‘Alena McCorkle deserves special mention, certainly one of the best lawyers of her generation and an extraordinary talent. Legal top class in argumentation and factual penetration and with unbelievable commitment to the client.‘
‘Latham has a strong team that works closely together across multiple locations without any friction. The team is always approachable and excellently prepared. In terms of technological equipment and the use of software tools, further than most of the competition.‘
‘Anne Löhner is very experienced and can easily assert herself even in proceedings with several dozen participants.‘
Scholz Holding GmbH
Liberty Global plc/Unitymedia GmbH
Weider Germany GmbH
- Scholz Holding GmbH: Defense against prospectus liability claims by bond creditors.
- Daimler AG: Advising in connection with a coordinated securities class action lawsuit in the United States regarding alleged tampering with exhaust systems in diesel vehicles.
- Liberty Global plc./ Unitymedia GmbH: Representation in a high-profile compensation proceeding against Deutsche Telekom regarding abusive practices in the use of cable channels.
The practice group at Linklaters is particularly well versed in international disputes with regard to energy and insolvency law, D&O liability matters and antitrust claims; the team mainly represents companies from the sectors life sciences, automotive as well as financial institutions and the manufacturing industries. Practice head Alexandros Chatzinerantzis focuses on energy and corporate disputes, while Rupert Bellinghausen is a procedural lawyer with extensive experience. Antitrust specialist Daniela Seelinger, Kirstin Schwedt and Kerstin Wilhelm are further key figures. Julia Grothaus was promoted to partner in May 2020.
In addition to its strong product liability and arbitration practice, Noerr also impresses with dispute resolution expertise in the course of mass and class action proceedings with focus on contentious insurance, antitrust tort and corporate matters. Michael Molitoris is particularly experienced in the automotive industry and Christine Volohonsky frequently handles insolvency claim proceedings. The team is under the joint leadership of insurance expert Oliver Sieg and arbitration specialist Anke Meier.
Magna Management AG
Deutsche Bank AG
Berthold Brinkmann als Insolvenzverwalter
TÜV SÜD AG – Engineering Company
Bundesverband der Deutschen Volks- und Raiffeisenbanken e.V. (BVR)
PACCAR Inc. / DAF Trucks NV / DAF Trucks Deutschland GmbH
The team at White & Case LLP represents national and international companies and frequently assists with proceedings in the technology, automotive, energy and natural resources sectors. Another focus of the group is on disputes with regard to insolvency law. Practice head Markus Langen predominantly handles corporate disputes and Sonja Hoffmann focuses on collective legal protection. Christian Wirth advises clients from the banking, finance and insurance sectors and Thomas Burmeister is well versed in energy law.
Other key lawyers:
Kornelia Gless-Kieserling – Bremer Stiftungsstreit
systaic AG, systaic cells GmbH, systaic Technologies GmbH
WGF Westfälische Grundbesitz und Finanzverwaltung AG
u.a. Amprion GmbH, Open Grid Europe, Energienetz Mitte, Westfalen Weser Netz
EnBW Baden-Württemberg AG
- Facebook: Providing advice on all civil litigation outside the United States.
- State of Baden-Württemberg: Representation in proceedings before the Stuttgart Administrative Court against a claim asserted by Deutsche Bahn AG for reimbursement of additional costs incurred in the implementation of the Stuttgart 21 construction project in the state capital.
- Insolvency administrator of Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehr KG and airberlin technik GmbH: Representation in national and cross-border legal disputes.
Allen & Overy LLP
Led by Marc Zimmerling, the team at Allen & Overy LLP regularly advises management consulting and auditing companies as well as service providers on contentious matters. The group is particularly experienced in professional and D&O liability as well as D&O and contractual disputes. Zimmerling also has noteworthy expertise in disputes with regard to insurance law. Senior associates Charlotte Willemer and Angélique Pfeiffelmann are active team members.
‘Extremely good preparation for both economic and legal issues. A team tailored precisely to the questions – not too much and not too little either.‘
‘Marc Zimmerling knows how to extract the facts in an excellent way, to develop solvent and argumentation options and to present complex relationships very clearly and logically.’
‘An extremely thorough team that works together effectively.‘
- KPMG: Advice and representation in several judicial and extrajudicial disputes with a large number of parties due to alleged breaches of duty in the context of the preparation of a restructuring report for a large German industrial company.
- German service provider for energy systems: Advice in connection with claims due to partial termination of a plant dismantling contract with a pan-European energy supply company.
- International automotive supplier: Advice in various disputes, including questions of contractual law in the context of delivery relationships with various customers, the enforcement of claims for damages against a contractual partner and the structuring of further business relationships with an international automobile manufacturer.
One of the best-staffed practices in Germany, CMS assists with a multitude of different proceedings. Among the clients are medium-sized companies, hidden champions and also increasingly large corporations. Recently, the team advised on corporate, post-M&A, D&O liability and infrastructure disputes, which often had cross-border components. Thomas Lennarz is experienced in proceedings pertaining to climate change; he co-heads the practice with Nicolas Wiegand, who divides his time between Hong Kong and Munich. Matthias Schlingmann, Tilman Niedermaier and Claus Thiery are further points of contact.
DLA Piper is 'very competent, high-performance and established' and has several German offices. The team advises on numerous legal matters, but particularly stands out with expertise in mass proceedings as well as corporate and D&O disputes; Thomas Gädtke is a key figure for the latter. Frank Roth and practice head Ludger Giesberts are experienced procedural lawyers at the Cologne office; and the 'intelligent and strategic' Wolfgang Jäger frequently handles criminal proceedings. Additionally, counsel Sebastian Schneider is experienced in contentious banking and capital markets issues.
Other key lawyers:
Thomas Gädtke; Frank Roth; Wolfgang Jäger; Christian Schneider; Sebastian Schneider; Daniel Buntenbroich
‘The team around Thomas Gädtke has a high level in issues such as manager liability, D&O coverage and litigation.’
‘Thomas Gädtke rightly has an excellent reputation in the area of liability manager and D&O policies. His experience is very broad and he also has important contacts and personal relationships in this area.‘
‘Pragmatic weighing of all possibilities with good preparation of potential financial impacts. High level of “translation skills”.‘
‘Wolfgang Jäger is a top lawyer, very intelligent and strategic. He and his team prepare appointments and court mail in an excellent and timely manner. For a lawyer, he takes the trouble to understand even difficult technical issues, on the other hand he is able to make complicated legal matters clear to the layman.‘
‘Thomas Gädtke’s litigation / arbitration team is very competent, efficient and well-rehearsed, especially when it comes to managing complex and large-scale legal disputes.‘
‘Sebastian Schneider stands out very positively with his experience and competence.‘
‘Despite the complex issues, the team quickly got used to it, quickly recognised the weak points in the plaintiff’s arguments, and argued itself in a very well-founded and targeted manner.‘
‘Constant availability, competent contact persons for the most varied of problems paired with professional competence and a high level of commitment.‘
- Lawyer Axel Bierbach as insolvency administrator: Representation in a model declaratory action brought by the Federation of German Consumer Organizations about the assets of BEV Bayerische Energieversorgungsgesellschaft mbH in connection with the inclusion of a new customer bonus in energy supply contracts.
- Accountants and tax advisers: Representation in two lawsuits with a value in dispute of € 10 million each against the insolvency administrator of EN Storage, which is represented in the media as one of the largest pyramid schemes.
SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
SZA Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH has expertise in resolution defects, approval and preliminary proceedings as well as antitrust, post-M&A and contractual disputes. The client portfolio of the 'professionally prepared and efficient' team includes numerous German DAX30 and medium-sized companies. Jochem Reichert has experience in corporate disputes and co-heads the practice with 'strong negotiator' Thomas Liebscher. Stefan Zeyher and Christoph Nolden are also active in corporate disputes and Ben Steinbrück was promoted to partner at the beginning of 2020.
‘SZA is unique in its mixture of the highest professional qualifications and forensic rigor and assertiveness.’
‘A technically good and efficient team.’
‘Stefan Zeyher is not only very good professionally, but also very pleasant personally.‘
‘Thomas Liebscher is a very good lawyer and strong negotiator.‘
‘Highest professional competence with great commitment, also in areas of law outside the usual. Perseverance even when researching remote questions. Highest expertise in corporate law.‘
‘Qualified associates and adequate discussion partners – no porters.’
‘Jochem Reichert combines technical excellence with a confident and convincing appearance in disputed proceedings. Always available.‘
Deutsche Bank AG
Deutsche Bahn AG
ISARIA Wohnbau AG
Dr. Michael Jaffé as Insolvency Administrator over the assets of Qimonda AG
Dr. Jürgen Großmann
Herbert Bodner (former CEO of Bilfinger SE)
Società Italiana per le Sviluppo dell‘ Elettronica, S.I. SV.EL., S.p.A. (Torino, Italy)
INTER Krankenversicherung AG
- Volkswagen AG: Advice and legal representation in connection with around 2250 claims for damages by investors against VW and its main shareholder Porsche Automobile Holding SE due to alleged breach of disclosure obligations in the context of the diesel scandal.
- Deloitte NL: Function as a German lawyer in a group of leading national law firms under the management of NautaDutilh to defend the client against allegations in connection with the Steinhoff claims.
- Vossloh AG Group: Defense of alleged claims for damages due to agreements in violation of antitrust law against several of the client’s companies following the investigation by the Federal Cartel Office.
WACH UND MECKES und Partner Rechtsanwälte PartGmbB
Wach + Meckes LLP is an established dispute resolution boutique in Munich, which has particular strong expertise in post-M&A proceedings as well as disputes with reference to trade, antitrust, insolvency and corporate law. The client portfolio consists of different industrial corporations, financial institutions and service providers. Frank Meckes, Karl Wach, Tom Petsch and Robert Straubmeier are the key contacts.
Etihad Airways PJSC
- Etihad Airways PJSC: Representation against claims by the insolvency administrator of a German airline for damages.
The dispute resolution team at Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek is 'perfectly positioned'. With numerous lawyers at different seniority levels, the team regularly handles proceedings pertaining to trade, insurance, corporate and distribution law. On behalf of Volkswagen, the group is strongly involved in the defence against customer lawsuits in connection with the 'Diesel-Gate'. Elke Umbeck and Thomas Wambach jointly head the team. Daniel Froesch is a busy procedural lawyer and salary partner Alexander Weiss joined the Munich office in October 2020 from Clifford Chance. Ulrike Gantenberg founded her own boutique Gantenberg Dispute Experts in March 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Norton Rose Fulbright's team has expertise in disputes with regard to patent, real estate and insurance law, but also represents companies and financial institutions in post-M&A and trade disputes. The group also increasingly assists with contentious matters pertaining to climate change and sustainable financial products. Jamie Nowak heads the practice group, which also includes Christian Wolf, Sven Förster and the 'strategically well-versed' Constanze Bandilla-Dany who was promoted to partner in January 2020.
‘The team offers effective legal representation in commercial lease disputes, primarily in retail, pleasantly calm and without pretending to be extravagant.‘
‘Constanze Bandilla-Dany is deservedly finally a partner, strategically clever, materially great.‘
Credit Suisse International
Depo Auto Parts Industrial Co. Ltd
INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH
Private Equity Fonds mit Sitz in London
Stukeley Capital Ltd.
Tochterunternehmen eines weltweit führenden internationalen IT Service Providers
- Credit Suisse International: Representation in damages proceedings with a value in dispute of over € 1 billion before the Regional and Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main.
- AIG: Advice and representation in connection with a potential loss of more than € 300 million from warranty and liability insurance.
- Ishida Co. Ltd.: Enforcement of a European patent on multihead weighers before the competent infringement courts and defense of the patent before the Federal Patent Court and the Federal Court of Justice.
The focus at Taylor Wessing is on trade, distribution, corporate as well as post-M&A disputes. The team represents clients from a variety of industries such as energy, life sciences, consumer goods and increasingly from the technology sector. Practice head Philipp Behrendt is well versed in liability matters, whereas Jörg Wimmers is a technology, media and telecoms specialist.
‘The Taylor Wessing team is distinguished by its extensive expertise not only in product liability cases, but also in international legal issues and questions of discovery. Fast processing times, availability at all times.‘
‘The size of the team is flexible and can be expanded at short notice as required. The team members are characterised by their high level of commitment and forward thinking. Resources are used cost-consciously. Price-performance ratio is appropriate.’
- Volkswagen: Mandated in the context of defending against consumer lawsuits due to the diesel issue.
- Rewe: Advice in disputes.
WilmerHale has noteworthy experience in contentious matters at the intersections with regulatory and civil law. Clients are predominantly German companies and cross-practice cooperation is evident in connection with competition or patent law, among others. The group is also active in corporate disputes and liability proceedings. The team is under the joint leadership of Vanessa Wettner, who is focused on procedural law, and antitrust specialist Stefan Ohlhoff as well as data protection expert Hans-Georg Kamann.
‘The team works very collegially and has flat hierarchies.‘
Becton Dickinson B.V.
Bundesinnung der Hörakustiker KdöR
Bundesverband Öffentlicher Banken Deutschlands
Deutsche Bahn AG
Deutsche Telekom AG
Katjes Fassin GmbH & Co KG
- Facebook: Representation in numerous proceedings, in particular on the GDPR, the NetzDG and the data protection law issues of the proceedings initiated by the Federal Cartel Office against Facebook.
- Deutsche Bahn AG / Stuttgart 21: Advice and representation in litigation against the state of Baden-Württemberg, the state capital Stuttgart and others before the Stuttgart Administrative Court on claims for further financial contributions of around € 2.5 billion to cover additional costs for the Stuttgart 21 project.
- OPAL Gastransport GmbH & Co. KG: Regulatory advice and representation in connection with the change in the conditions for the exemption from regulation granted for the OPAL pipeline in accordance with Section 28a EnWG.
Eversheds Sutherland handles trade and corporate disputes at national and international level. Besides court proceedings, the team also takes on arbitration proceedings and product liability matters, the cooperation with its international network is on a continuous basis. Practice head Joos Hellert's expertise in dispute resolution is further enhanced by his compliance and preventive counselling know-how; the team also includes Ralf-Thomas Wittmann and Stephan von Marschall who joined the practice at the end of 2019 from Taylor Wessing.
‘Pragmatism, industry experience, eloquence, strategic planning.’
‘Joos Hellert is a great strategist.’
‘A reliable, experienced and available team.’
- COR seating: Successful defense in a cartel damages lawsuit against Reuter online shop.
- alliance: Advice in connection with the PIP scandal about possibly defective breast implants.
- Two former managers of a German stock corporation: Representation against claims for damages by your former company.
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
The team at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP combines its expertise in dispute resolution with other legal areas such as corporate, employment and antitrust law. Among others, the client portfolio includes companies from the financial, automotive and energy sector. Markus Rieder, who joined the group in November 2019 from Latham & Watkins LLP, has additional experience in internal investigations, Finn Zeidler is well versed in white-collar crime proceedings and Mark Zimmer has a focus on employment law.
‘A strong team – “argumentative” in the best sense of the word.’
‘Markus Rieder is known as an excellent litigator with bite, vision and stamina as well as a great understanding of process strategy and tactics. A top litigator and an excellent advisor for all disputes and arbitration proceedings.‘
Essity Group Holding B.V.
- Daimler AG: Advice on the coordination of consumer disputes in Germany.
- UniCredit SpA: Representation in shareholder claims in several jurisdictions following a restructuring.
Jones Day represents several international companies from sectors such as telecoms, aviation and construction in contentious proceedings. The team often handles disputes with reference to tax and antitrust law as well as commercial legal protection; here the clients can count on the expertise from adjacent practice groups. Dieter Strubenhoff and Johannes Willheim jointly head the practice, both have a focus on the energy sector.
The team at Kantenwein Zimmermann Spatscheck & Partner advises on a wide range of contentious matters, but is particularly experienced in disputes regarding the financial and energy sector. The recently extended group is headed by Alexander Kröck, who is frequently active in issues pertaining to D&O and advisor liability. Stefan Hackel and Nico Köppel were promoted to equity and salary partner respectively in January 2020 and Marcus van Bevern is also a key figure.
- Foreign bank: Representation in the civil law processing of high-volume cum-ex transactions.
- Executive Partner: Out-of-court and pre-judicial advice in connection with the contentious, large-volume acquisition and resale of respiratory masks
- Real estate company: Representation in a potential lighthouse case against a leading retail group due to corona-related payment arrears.
Pinsent Masons Germany LLP
The team at Pinsent Masons Germany LLP has grown continuously over recent years, with the latest additions of Johanna Weißbach and Christian Schmidt in March and April 2020 from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. Under the leadership of the 'innovative, combative and cooperative' Sibylle Schumacher, the team is regularly active in mass and other court proceedings for national and international corporations, family-owned companies as well as public institutions. Mandates originate from a variety of sectors, among them are energy, infrastructure and manufacturing engineering. Martin Eimer is well versed in disputes regarding plant engineering.
‘The entire team at Pinsent Masons takes a very practical approach to all topics, but in no way neglects all legal issues. As a company, you feel very well looked after.‘
‘The practice group has a remarkable team spirit, which is seldom found in large law firms, especially in partnership. We do not work against each other, but with each other and always for the benefit of the clients.‘
‘Strong, internationally experienced team with plenty of experience!‘
‘Sibylle Schumacher – innovative, combative, collegial.‘
‘Sibylle Schumacher succeeded in welding the rapidly growing practice group into a powerful team within a very short time. In addition, Sibylle Schumacher is characterised by an extremely strategic and creative approach to case processing.‘
‘Very strong young partner team, around Martine Eimer, Johanna Weißbach and Christian Schmidt.’
‘Martin Eimer, Christian Schmidt and Johanna Weißbach are all excellent experts in their respective fields. They have the highest demands on the quality of their work and on their availability for their clients.‘
Katjes Fassin GmbH & Co. KG und Piasten GmbH
Fieldcustom S.à.r.l. (Luxemburg)
Städtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus und Kunstbau, München
AGC Glass Europe SA
f | solar GmbH
Rixen Cableways GmbH und Herr Bruno Rixen
- Volkswagen AG: Leading a large number of tort law damages litigation before German local, regional and higher regional courts.
- Katjes Fassin GmbH & Co. KG and Piasten GmbH: Representation in three proceedings before the regional courts of Hanover and Stuttgart, which deal with the defense against claims for damages under competition law
- Fieldcustom S.à r.l. (Luxemburg): Representation in the defense of broker and project developer claims in connection with the purchase and sale of the property at Bahnhofplatz 1 in Munich.
SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte focuses on disputes with regard to trade, liability and coverage law as well as on civil proceedings. The team especially has experience in proceedings following the disruption of delivery chains, a particular advantage in recent times with regard to the corona crisis. Practice head Arndt Tetzlaff advises insurance companies and banks on disputed situations. Oliver Korte and Andreas Seidel are also key contacts.
‘Very good technical competence, tactical skills, careful litigation.‘
‘In addition to excellent legal expertise, Arndt Tetzlaff has a very good understanding of the industry and the realities of a commercial enterprise.’
GEHE Pharma Handel GmbH
Home Away Inc.
Telekom Deutschland GmbH
Signal Iduna Gruppe
- Deutsche Geothermische Immobilien AG: Representation in a stock corporation law challenge against the resolution of the general meeting.
- Deutsche Geothermische Immobilien AG: Representation in a recourse action against the former board member.
- Telekom Germany GmbH: Legal representation to defend against a claim in the high single-digit million range with counterclaim.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP mainly handles disputes with regard to corporate, insolvency and antitrust law, and the team recently noted an increase in contentious IT as well as IP matters. Practice head Britta Grauke puts a predominant focus on national and international procedural law.
- Companies: Representation in the context of an insolvency challenge.
- Daughter of a listed company: Representation in a post-M&A dispute.