Borenius is known for its ‘excellent knowledge and experience‘ in all IP-related matters, including advising on trade mark portfolio management issues, representing clients in major IP disputes, and advising on regulatory matters, especially in the pharmaceuticals and healthcare industries. The team is also a key resource regarding IP-related transactions in the technology sector and has satellite offices in New York and London. IP disputes practice leader Ben Rapinoja is ‘a true expert‘ in patent and trade mark litigation and is particularly strong in IP and technology law, especially in Market Court proceedings. He works alongside IP and commercial team leader Lasse Laaksonen, who focuses on IP-related arbitration and transactions. Senior associate Hanna Pohjola is another name of note regarding trade mark disputes, and also provides trade mark portfolio advice.
Intellectual property in Finland
Ben Rapinoja; Lasse Laaksonen
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent knowledge and experience, good set-up, hands-on support, practical advice and the team is matched to client’s needs. Reasonable pricing, which is also important.’
‘Ben Rapinoja is a true expert, lengthy experience, practical and hands-on. A real pleasure to work with.’
‘We have worked especially with Ben Rapinoja. He’s known for excellent and prompt communication, a holistic approach to solve problems, and written material (statements, claims etc) are always impeccable and usually the first draft version is practically the same as the final version.’
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
SodaStream International B.V.
Oy Karl Fazer Ab
Detection Technology plc
Aalto University Foundation
- Represented SodaStream in a trade mark infringement dispute which is pending at the Supreme Court of Finland which has referred the case to the Court of Justice of the European Union for a preliminary ruling.
- Represented Teva in a patent litigation case against InterMune, Inc. which belongs to the global Roche group. The Market Court’s patent revocation proceedings concerned InterMune’s three European patents.
- Represented multinational engineering company Sandvik at the Market Court in appeal proceedings against an opposition filed by its competitor Epiroc, a global manufacturer of mining and infrastructure equipment.
Castrén & Snellman
Castrén & Snellman provides a wide array of IP-related services to its international clients, ranging from IP protection and commercialisation advice to IP disputes. It is particularly noted for handling global trade mark portfolio management for international corporates; its experience extends to IP audits, drafting matters and corporate transactions. Head of the IP practice Sakari Salonen ‘shows deep IP expertise‘, especially regarding IP enforcement rights, including patent licensing and litigation matters in the R&D and life sciences sectors. Nina Mikander heads up the IP prosecution team and frequently appears in high-profile IP proceedings, and life sciences team head and counsel Hanna Paloheimo covers patent litigation and distribution agreements. IP disputes and digital regulatory expert Kim Parviainen was promoted to partner in February 2022.
Sakari Salonen; Nina Mikander; Hanna Paloheimo
Other key lawyers:
‘Our company has been assisted by Sakari Salonen, partner at the firm, leading the IP department for many years. Sakari shows deep IP expertise, knowledge of the industry and a practical approach in handling matters for our company. Sakari and his colleagues are easy to reach, responsive an deliver high-end legal advice with a practical solution.’
‘Our company has been with Sakari Salonen due to his in depth IP knowledge, fast and effective action and understanding the needs of the client. Sakari is a very solution driven IP expert who delivers consistently.’
Finnish Olympic Committee
Johnson & Johnson (Janssen-Cilag Oy)
Merck KGaA and Merck Oy
OP Financial Group
Tactic Group Oy
The Finnish Composer’s Copyright Society Teosto
- Represented Google in all its day-to-day legal matters in Finland. Our IP team acts for Google on IP advisory, trade mark enforcement, customs seizure, copyright and marketing law matters, as well as data privacy and technology related work.
- Represented BMW AG before the Market Court in a complex trade mark and design infringement case that also included a trade mark prosecution track before the Finnish Trademark Office and an appeal phase before the Market Court.
- Advised Valio Ltd in brand protection and intellectual property enforcement matters globally, as well as managed Valio’s global trade mark, design and copyright portfolio.
Roschier has an ‘impressive technical understanding‘ regarding all patent, trade mark and copyright matters, extending to cover trade secret litigation and enforcement issues across multiple jurisdictions. The team is experienced in IP licensing work and transactions, as well as handling IP auditing and due diligence work for its impressive client roster. Practice head Rainer Hilli has represented international corporations before the Finnish Market Court and Supreme Court involving major trade mark infringement cases and patent invalidation proceedings. Mikko Manner is an experienced copyright litigator, while Johanna Flythström and Johanna Lilja advise on establishing joint ventures and technology-related licensing matters.
Other key lawyers:
Mikko Manner; Johanna Flythström; Johanna Lilja
‘Roschier team takes the time to be proactive and to understand its client’s business and pain points. They provide state-of-the-art deliverables, but at the same time advise on a practical level. In addition to legal know-how, Roschier’s team has impressive technical understanding that has been a considerable advantage.’
‘Johanna Flythström has an exceptional talent to translate business objectives and technical details into contracts. Her negotiation skills have been valuable to us. Her approach is collaborative and empathic, which has proved to be very effective in complex negotiations. Johanna is a legal star and we are happy to have found her to support us.’
‘Roschier’s intellectual property practice is capable to lead and manage complex cross-border IP litigation. Their IP lawyers are pragmatic and able to communicate with non-lawyers and, especially, with the management.’
‘A wonderfully talented team with great legal minds and business acumen. The leading intellectual property practice in Finland and a key part of our multi-jurisdictional patent dispute teams. A truly trusted adviser.’
‘Johanna Lilja is simply superb! She smoothly deals and adapts as new complex legal issues arise. She is a key part of our team handling a multi-jurisdictional patent dispute.’
Merck Sharp & Dohme
The Telia Company
Procter & Gamble
Fiskars Oyj Abp
Moomin Characters Oy Ltd
Metso Outotec Oyj
HERE Global B.V.
Rovio Entertainment Corp.
Stora Enso Oyj
Gilead Sciences Inc.
Eli Lilly and Company Limited
Deutsche Telekom AG
- Represented ICOS / Eli Lilly in patent invalidity proceedings related to Eli Lilly’s product CIALIS (tadalafil).
- Represented Gilead Sciences Inc in two invalidation actions against Teva/Actavis and Mylan. The matter relates to validity of Gilead’s SPC. There were also three parallel Main Infringement and Preliminary Injunction proceedings against Mylan, Teva and KRKA before the Market Court.
- Advised Mobidiag Ltd. and its shareholders as lead counsel in the €668m sale of the company to Hologic, Inc. in 2021. Also advised Mobidiag on various technology licensing matters following up on the advisory work in establishing a joint venture agreement with Autobio Diagnostics and with negotiating an exclusive license to the joint venture (Automobi Molecular Diagnostics).
Based in Helsinki and Stockholm, the cross-border practice at Hannes Snellman has both ‘wide and deep experience‘ in trade mark, patent and copyright disputes, particularly in the media, entertainment and sports, healthcare and pharmaceuticals sectors. Its expertise also extends to high-value IP-related transactions and brand protection work. Practice co-heads Panu Siitonen and Jesper Nevalainen cover both IP-related transactions and IP disputes, while ‘very talented‘ managing associate Sarita Schröder specialises in IP, consumer law and marketing issues, with a focus on litigation and brand protection matters.
Panu Siitonen; Jesper Nevalainen
Other key lawyers:
‘Wide and deep experience with a proven concept – what more can you say?‘
‘I have had the pleasure of working with Sarita Schröder, who is very talented and has a keen awareness for the business realities underpinning the legal considerations. It results in relevant, on-time and actionable advice, whether the issue is a regulatory or a contentious one. When push comes to shove, you will want Sarita in your corner.’
Scandic Hotels Group
Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)
- Acted as counsel to Altia, a leading alcoholic beverage brand company operating in the wine and spirits markets in the Nordic and Baltic countries, on its merger with Arcus, Norway’s largest wholesaler of wine and liquor, to form Anora Group, including IP matters in relation to the transaction as well as the sales of certain brands.
- Acted as counsel to Wolt – a fast-growing technology company operating a food and retail delivery platform across 23 countries and more than 129 cities – on various consumer law matters.
- Acted as counsel to Altia, a leading alcoholic beverage brand company operating in the wine and spirits markets in the Nordic and Baltic countries, on various regulatory matters relating to product labelling requirements.
Krogerus provides ‘practical, to-the-point advice‘ to international clients in the TMT and copyright space, as well as covering contentious trade mark and other IP disputes, IP commercialisation and licensing issues, and trade mark portfolio management work, especially in the media and telecoms sectors. Practice head Kalle Hynönen is particularly strong in IP and IT transactions and advisory work for clients operating in the digital services and media arenas. Senior associate Jussi Häyrinen specialises in handling extensive trade mark portfolios, while senior associate Alexander Bützow, who joined from the University of Helsinki in May 2021, focuses on life sciences-related work related to licensing and data use. Henri Kaikkonen departed to lead the IP team at Bird & Bird.
Other key lawyers:
Jussi Häyrinen; Alexander Bützow
‘Practical, to the point advice.’
‘Kalle Hynönen is very knowledgeable, nice to work with and always gives a clear recommendation on the proposed course of action. I can always trust that he has the matter under control.’
Oy Hartwall Ab
FCG Finnish Consulting Group
Technology Industries of Finland
Herantis Pharma Plc.
- Advised Rabbit Films, a leading Finnish television and film production company, on copyright and trade mark licensing, copyright and trade mark clearance and trade mark prosecution matters.
- Advised Finland’s largest beverages company Hartwall (part of Royal Unibrew group), on trade mark and other IP matters as well as marketing law matters.
- Advised Mezzoforte Oy, provider of Finland’s largest and most popular online auction platform, Huutokaupat.com, before the market court in significant litigation concerning consumer rights on an online platform.
Properta Attorneys Ltd
Boutique IP firm Properta Attorneys Ltd ‘has a broad and deep knowledge’ in both contentious and non-contentious IP matters including trade mark disputes, design rights, as well as litigation in the Finnish Market Court and Supreme Court. Its clients often operate in the retail, fashion, sports, and consumer goods sectors. Practice co-heads Hanna-Maija Elo and Kukka Tommila deal primarily with IP infringement work and general IP advice, while senior associate Emilia Hodge is known for her work in IP-related litigation. European trade mark and design attorney Sassa Svahn is particularly strong in trade mark and design prosecution matters.
Hanna-Maija Elo; Kukka Tommila
Other key lawyers:
Emilia Hodge; Sassa Svahn
‘Our company has worked with Hanna-Maija Elo for over 20 years now. Hanna-Maija Elo has provided us with straightforward legal advice on all kinds of intellectual property issues. Service level is excellent and industry knowledge as well. All matters handled have had the outcome we have expected. The firm has for instance been very good with complicated trade mark registration processes like registering shapes of sweets, registrations of which are very hard to obtain, as well as with intellectual property related disputes. These matters have been handled with the utmost professionalism.’
‘In depth knowledge of these matters have been apparent and obvious and that is why we have stayed with Hanna-Maija Elo. Hanna-Maija Elo has a broad and deep knowledge in the area of intellectual property rights. She has always been able to provide correct and liable opinions and advice on all matters pertaining to this area. She is an excellent negotiator and skilled lawyer in matters of intellectual property disputes. Would recommend warmly.’
‘Kukka Tommila and the team in Properta manage our trade marks world-wide. They take care of the application proceedings, oppositions as well as negotiations and agreements. They always give us thoughtful recommendations taking into consideration our individual business needs. They have been able to obtain registrations also in the most difficult cases. We appreciate their independent way of working and punctuality. They are hard-core professionals and it is truly a joy to work with them.’
Oy Suomen Apteekkiyhtiöt Ab
Döner Harju Oy
Block solutions Oy
Confederation of Finnish Industries
Food Folk Suomi Oy (McDonald’s Finnish licensee)
Lidl Suomi Ky / part of Global Lidl Group
adidas AG / adidas International Marketing B.V.
Rapala VMC Oyj (including Rapala group’s subsidiary companies)
Reebok International Limited
Luhta Sportswear Company (also L-Fashion Group Ltd)
Paulig Group (including Gold & Green Foods Oy)
Kalevala Koru Oy
ETS Nord AS
R/H Studio / Riiheläinen-Hernesniemi Oy
Kaiko Clothing Company Oy
Nuppu Print Company Oy
Oy Halva Ab
RxD Sports Oy
Wistec Training Oy
The Association of Finnish Work
Solid House Ltd
Fafa’s Plats Oy
Method Putkisto Finland Oy
Food & More Oy (FAT LIZARD restaurants)
- Represented Mysoda Oy in a high-profile trade mark dispute against SodaStream Group before the Market Court, the Finnish Supreme Court and ECJ. The legal question is related to exhaustion of trade mark rights.
- Successfully represented Suomen Apteekkiyhtiöt Ab before the Market Court in a domain and trade mark dispute against Kesko Oyj.
- Represented Luhta Sportswear Company in IP disputes and provided strategic advice on wide range of questions related to IP, data protection, agreements and consumer/marketing law matters.
Avance Attorneys Ltd
Avance Attorneys Ltd covers both day-to-day IP advice and strategic IP counselling and representation for clients in the entertainment, med tech, healthcare and pharmaceuticals sectors. Practice head Topi Siniketo deals with IP litigation and arbitration proceedings, as well as IP-related transactions, while Mikko Alkio focuses on IP and competition law, especially in regulated industries.
Anders Floman, Sonja Heiskala
‘Great team to help with especially R&D and innovation policy related matters.’
‘Mikko Alkio has unmatched experience when it comes to Finnish innovation policy. He has also exceptional understanding of public private research partnerships.’
Streamr Network AG
Snowprint Studios AB
Freska Finland Oy
Seriously Digital Entertainment
Day 2 Media Oy
Orla DTx Oy
Renita Medical Oy/Ltd
- Represented a mobile gaming company in a case concerning an application for injunction before the Finnish Market Court.
- Advised Paptic Oy, a Finnish technology company focused on sustainable packaging, on IP licensing negotiations concerning Paptic’s technology, as well as negotiating distribution and joint development agreements with significantly larger competitors.
- Advised Swedish game developer Snowprint Studios AB on negotiations concerning licensing arrangements of the client’s games in the global markets. Recent licence arrangements include a licence to the Warhammer 40K global franchise with IP pioneer Games Workshop.
Backström & Co
The ‘true professionals‘ at boutique firm Backström & Co represent international and Finnish clients involved in major IP litigation before the Market Court and handle corporate arbitrations. Its clients generally are active in the technology and pharmaceuticals sectors. Practice head Petri Eskola is a ‘pragmatic and experienced‘ IP expert, especially regarding competition and contract law and complex IP litigation. Markus Lampinen is also noted for his focus on TMT and IP matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm is responsive and helped with success in a cross boarder patent case adapting easily to the coordination needs, meeting deadlines and understanding the client’s needs.’
‘They are true professionals who meet the deadlines and understand client’s needs. The also are cost-conscious.’
‘I have had the pleasure of working with Petri Eskola in a Finnish patent litigation. Petri is a pragmatic and experienced lawyer and is a great asset for the defence team in the litigation matter.’
‘Petri’s experience and knowledge results in a cost-efficient handling of the matter, which is something that I believe that clients appreciate.’
Harley-Davidson Europe Limited
Philip Morris International
Nordic Investment Bank
Relax Gaming Ltd
Seagen Denmark ApS
- Represented Sandoz A/S before the Market Court in various patent infringement and preliminary injunction matters.
- Represented Kuljetus-Savolainen Oy before the Market Court as the defendant in patent and utility model infringement matters.
- Represented Peikko Group Oy before the Market Court as the claimant in patent infringement and trade mark infringement matters.
Bird & Bird
Often collaborating with other offices to provide global coverage to its clients, Bird & Bird covers multi-jurisdictional trade mark and patent-related matters, primarily on behalf of tech start-ups and mid-size corporates in the life sciences, retail, healthcare and media sectors. New practice leader Henri Kaikkonen joined from Krogerus in May 2021, and specialises in contentious IP matters and digital asset commercialisation work, while Mikko Nurmisto focuses on copyright and trade mark disputes, as well as strategic IP protection issues. Previous practice head Ella Mikkola left the practice in March 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘Bird & Bird was a great partner for us. As a company with a very small team dedicated to building product they were able to guide us through the complexities of how to protect our IP. Additionally, they had a very proactive take on suggestions on what to do and didn’t just reactively wait for input from us.’
‘Mikko Nurmisto had an excellent ability to step into our shoes and see the world from our perspective. This allowed for our conversation to go deeper than in a lot of my previous efforts in working with IP related matters at similar companies.’
Tempur Sealy International
Peek & Cloppenburg
- Represented Monster Energy in trade mark opposition matters.
- Represented Isojoen Konehalli, a Finnish hardware importer and reseller with international business operations, in its trade mark matters.
- Represent Mainframe Industries, a leading Finnish gaming studio, in trade mark matters.
Dittmar & Indrenius
Dittmar & Indrenius covers a broad range of trade mark, patent and copyright transactions and enforcement proceedings, especially for Finnish technology clients. The team is also noted for its work in IP-related cross-border disputes and brand protection work. Practice co-head and experienced IP litigator Anna Haapanen also covers IP portfolio management, licensing and commercialisation issues. She works alongside Iiris Kivikari, who focuses on IP portfolio management work. Technology specialist Juli Mansnérus joined the team from Hannes Snellman in August 2021, and IP and technology transaction specialist Gabrielle Dannberg was promoted to partnership.
Anna Haapanen; Iiris Kivikari; Juli Mansnérus
Other key lawyers:
Helvar Oy Ab
Peanuts Worldwide LLC
- Advised Hexagon AB on the IP intensive acquisition of Immersal Oy.
- Advised Helvar Oy Ab on the implementation of a new, data-driven digital services offering, as well as preparing and negotiating technology, patent, domain and trade mark licensing agreements, ICT outsourcing agreements, manufacturing and software development agreements and value added reseller agreements.
- Advised CMI on updating its intellectual property portfolio.
DLA Piper Finland Attorneys Ltd
DLA Piper Finland Attorneys Ltd is noted for advising both Finnish and international clients on cross-border trade mark and patent filings, as well as representing clients in disputes involving trade secrets and IP infringements. Practice co-head Markus Oksanen focuses on IP-related commercial contracts for clients in the industrial and financial sectors, while co-head Sami Rintala deals primarily with patent licensing and IP outsourcing work.
Markus Oksanen; Sami Rintala
‘Business understanding combined with deep juridical knowledge. Solutions to solve real business and commercial problems.’
LähiTapiola Mutual Insurance Group
Varma Pension Insurance Company
LähiTapiola Mutual Insurance Group
- Drafted and negotiated a Patent Assignment and Access Agreement for Picosun, which will acquire the full ownership of a number of patents in various countries from IHI Hauser Techno Coating B.V.
- Assisted Picosun with negotiations of a distribution agreement with a Fortune 500 listed company, Applied Materials Inc.
- Advised Spinnova Oy on all legal work, including negotiating New Product Agreements, Joint Development Agreements, License Agreements and Joint Venture Agreements with leading global brands.
Eversheds Asianajotoimisto Oy / Eversheds Attorneys Ltd (a member of Eversheds Sutherland)
Eversheds Asianajotoimisto Oy / Eversheds Attorneys Ltd (a member of Eversheds Sutherland) is noted for the breadth of its IP services, covering trade marks, patents, copyright, and trade secrets. It is particularly strong covering industrial property rights protection and registration work, and IP litigation before the Market, Court, Supreme Court and Supreme Administrative Court. Head of the IP team Petteri Häkkänen often covers complex trade mark and patent infringement cases, while Tiina Ashorn leads the ICT and contract law team and advises on international contract negotiations.
Petteri Häkkänen; Tiina Ashorn
‘They jump to your side, openly tell what they would do if they ran my business. Their knowledge around legal and patents are superior.’
‘Professionals, direct guidelines, understand the customer’s differ situations like start up financial challenges.’
Arla Foods amba
CRYOTECH NORDIC A.S.
Enersense International plc
Gutsy Animations Oy
Icare Finland Oy
Jean Sibelius Estate
Luteiden torjunta Helle Oy
Natural Resources Institute Finland
Posti Group Corporation
The Procter & Gamble Company
SGN Group Oy
Svenska Österbottens förbund för utbildning och kultur
Urho Tuominen Oy
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Successfully represented a Finnish athlete before the Market Court against Alma Media Suomi Oy and Sanoma Media Finland Oy in cases concerning photograph rights.
- Assisted The Procter & Gamble Company with the brand protection of its trade marks, as well as the protection and defence of its designs.
- Assisted Posti Group Corporation with the renewal of its brand visual which was launched in September 2020.
Merilampi Attorneys Ltd
The ‘highly skilled team’ at Merilampi Attorneys Ltd often represent clients before the Market Court in IP matters. It is particularly strong in advising real estate companies and leading international corporates on trade mark, patent and copyright portfolios, and often works alongside major European law firms on IP-related matters. Practice head Henrik af Ursin is noted for his breadth of experience in IP law, ranging from day-to-day advisory work to cross-border trade mark prosecution and transactional matters. He works alongside Mika Pakarinen, who is a specialist in litigation and arbitration proceedings as well as entertainment and media law.
Henrik af Ursin
Other key lawyers:
‘Henrik af Ursin who leads the firm IP practice is an outstanding IP lawyer. Excellent client communicator and IP legal strategist. Great knowledge of the material law and has always delivered strong outcome in our cases. I had no reason to test any other alternatives in Finland since starting with him.’
‘The practice has a very structured, client-friendly approach which is probably the firm’s recipe for attracting more and more new clients. The firm has established sizeable trade mark and patent licensing programs and is very well managed by head of trade mark practice Henrik af Ursin.’
‘Henrik af Ursin, who is heading the trade mark practice of Merilampi, is a trade mark expert with a veritable cornucopia of case and even court experience. This is something particularly hard to find in Finland where trade mark court cases are counted. Henrik is highly professional, always super-prompt in responding, extremely diligent and always nice to work with.’
‘Proactive and very reactive team. Highly skilled team in trade marks and patents.’
‘Henrik af Ursin provides very efficient strategies in IP.’
‘The team is a gem to be found for those who know the Finnish IP market. It is fairly new and fairly small, but still very experienced with a high level of specialization. Although not comparable to size, its advice given has the highest quality and stands strong in the competition with other Finnish firms.’
‘Henrik af Ursin is head of practice and he leads the way. For trade mark law his is today No. 1 in Finland. He has an impressive global reach acting for foreign clients in Finland and he keeps up with the demands set by the most demanding in-house teams.’
Swedish Tourism Association
The Finnish National Rescue Association
- Represented a Swedish tourism entity in a case against a Finnish company.
- Worked on several complex patent and utility model-related matters for a client related to a number of enforcement matters as well as dispensed combined strategic legal and technical advice to clients with regard to product portfolios and other strategic decisions related to IP portfolios.
- Set up a technology licensing scheme for a Finnish technology company.
Waselius & Wist
Waselius & Wist focuses primarily on copyright, trade mark, patent, trade name and trade secret enforcement and defence work, with specialist expertise in assisting clients accused of IP rights infringements. It is often involved in cases before the Finnish Market Court acting on behalf of clients in the pharmaceuticals and gaming sectors. Practice co-head Bernt Juthström is particularly experienced in advising on the misuse of trade secrets, while co-head Åsa Krook deals with strategic IP management work and complex franchising arrangements.
Bernt Juthström; Åsa Krook
Other key lawyers:
‘Waselius has an execellent IP team of which I know Åsa Krook best. The firm has solid. knowledge of trade marks, designs and copyright. The team is skilled in dealing with counterfeit goods.’
‘Åsa Krook has a longstanding reputation. Åsa is very knowledgeable and also has a great ability to arrive at practical solutions.’
‘Åsa Krook and Bernt Juthström complement each other within the field of IP.’
‘Theoretically outstanding, pragmatic, and in addition really nice to work with!’
‘I am working on a regular basis with partner and attorney-at-law Åsa Krook at Waselius & Wist. We are mainly cooperating in various trade mark related matters, and I would say that every time I work with Åsa, I know that any trade mark related questions and challenges that involve Finland are in the best hands. Åsa Krook is a trade mark expert whom I completely rely on for any trade mark related questions in Finland.’
Pernod Ricard Group
Loomis AB and Loomis Value Solutions Oy
Samsung Electronics Nordic AB
Essity Hygiene Products AB, Oy Essity Finland Ab
Eltel Group Oy
Lune Group Oy Ltd
Peptonic Medical AB
Louis Vuitton Malletier
- Successfully represented a German company and its Finnish subsidiary in the automotive industry in a trade name and trade mark dispute against a Finnish company in the Market Court.
- Advised Loomis AB on its acquisition of Automatia Pankkiautomaatit Oy from present owners with the deal value of €42m. The transaction involved a number of IP intense issues relating to complex licensing arrangements.
- Handled the Pernod Ricard Group’s trade mark portfolio in Finland, and continuously advise and represent the company group in trade mark, marketing, labelling, contractual and regulatory matters and procedures in Finland.
Dottir Attorneys Ltd.
Dottir Attorneys Ltd. advises start-up and scale-up companies active in the technology and entertainment sectors on strategic IP matters, with particular strength in brand enforcement work including patent and copyright litigation. New practice leader Rasheka Scott joined from Fondia Ltd in September 2021; she specialises in copyright work, design rights registration and trade mark issues, while managing partner Johanna Rantanen deals with IP acquisitions and licensing work.
Other key lawyers:
Billebeino Clothing and Accessories Oy
Compensate Operations Oy
M Company Oy
Minna Parikka Shoes Oy
Nordic Urban Oy
Startup Foundation sr (SLUSH, JUNCTION, Startup Sauna)
- Advised Nordic Urban Oy on its intellectual property and contractual matters.
- Assisted Sulapac with all legal matters, especially in the fields of trade mark registration, design protection and IP disputes.
- Assisted TrueMed Oy with all legal matters, especially intellectual property matters as well as managing its trade mark portfolio.
Lexia Attorneys Ltd
Lexia Attorneys Ltd is an experienced team in strategic IP matters, as well as licensing work, transactions, and brand protection and trade mark enforcement issues. Its clients include international brands and software, entertainment and game companies. Practice head Markus Myhrberg covers IP licensing, franchising, and distribution matters, and also deals with IP litigation, while Susanna Sariola is noted for her expertise in IP licensing issues and procurements.
Markus Myhrberg; Susanna Sariola
‘The team is coherent and nice to work with.’
‘A wide set of skills needed for our business. Leadtime from inquiry to starting to work is always short. Responses are prompt.’
Aito Media Ltd.
Varjo Technologies Oy
Axopar Boats Ltd. / Axopar Holdings Oy
Kotipizza Group Oyj
Family in Music
- Supported Axopar in creating its IP strategy and handling design protection work, domain name related infringement issues, infringement of trade marks and infringement of design rights.
- Advised Varjo broadly on all its business agreements, including technology, IP and IT related contracts.
- Assisted Premix with creating new global licensing models for the PREXELENT Antimicrobial technology.
Attorneys-at-law Trust. Ltd
The IP team at Attorneys-at-law Trust. Ltd specialises in traditional IP matters, litigation, and transactional work, particularly relating to collaboration agreements, franchisings and joint ventures. Practice co-head Jan Lindberg focuses on patent licensing work, trade mark filings and disputes, while Harri Jussila specialises in IP arbitration and litigation. Counsel Leena-Maija Marsio is an expert in IP rights protection and defence work.
Other key lawyers:
Harri Jussila; Leena-Maija Marsio
ALM Partners Oy
eCraft Oy Ab
Encore Ympäristöpalvelut Oy
Lahti Precision Oy
Lapex Inter Oy
Loihde Oyj (Viria)
LRV Corp Oy
Sisua Digital Oy
Tietokeskus Finland Oy
- Advised Suunto on its strategic collaboration and distribution agreement with Tech Data.
- Advised a packaging company on a patent licensing transaction with a Finnish forestry sector company.
- Advised Loihde on its brand change project relating to Viria and the related trade mark work.