Energy and natural resources in Dominican Republic
The team at OMG is well equipped to handle prominent, cross-border energy transactions and investment mandates, where it often works closely with the finance and corporate departments to provide a broad service. The team is particularly notable in the renewable energy space, having recently been involved in several projects involving biomass, wind and solar power plants. Esperanza Cabral, well known for her corporate expertise, director and energy project specialist Michelle Abreu and Leonel Melo, whose practice spans corporate, finance and tax, jointly lead the practice.
San Pedro Bio-Energy SRL
Venture Funds LLC
- Assisting a venture fund entity with the construction and development of a solar power project, with an aggregate value of $1.1bn.
- Advising San Pedro Bio-Energy on entering into a power purchase agreement with the Dominican Republic government.
Operating since late 2018, Pellerano Nadal is especially active in the mining sector; oil and gas mandates are another key area of instruction. Public bids, project finance, cross-border transactions, corporate matters and regulatory work are key strengths for the group, which is jointly led by Luis Rafael Pellerano and environmental law expert Gustavo Mena. Other key names include senior counsel Urania Paulino, senior associate Belkys Génesis Rodríguez and associate Eduardo Pellerano.
New Fortress Energy
Tullow New Ventures
- Advising Tullow New Ventures on the bidding process for oil exploration contracts in the Dominican Republic.
- Assisting CHT Energy with the development of a 58MW solar power project worth $98m.
- Assisting investment management firm Petersen & Partners (via mining company Belfond Enterprise) with a range of mining-sector matters.
Experienced in handling high-value transactions and energy-related project finance, Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández's practice is jointly led by Marisol Vicens and Eileen Jiménez. Together with corporate law expert Mary Fernández, Jiménez is advising three development banks on a $60m financing to Montecristi Solar FV for the construction of a 57MW solar power plant in the Dominican Republic. Associate Elizabeth Silfa is also noted.
- Advising three development banks on the $60m financing to Montecristi Solar FV for the construction of a 57MW solar power plant.
Environmental law forms the core pillar of the practice at Santroni Parsons. Renewable energy matters have been prominent in the team's recent workload, with practice head Romina Santroni leading the advice to clients on wind power and biomass projects. Regulatory work and environmental compliance are also areas of particular strength for the firm. Guily Shemer and Franchesca Soto are names to note at the senior associate level.