Regional coverage: Jiangsu Province: Nanjing in China
Nanjing is one of the key cities in Eastern China and the Yangtze River Delta region. The rapid economic growth of the city has had a strong impact on the development of the Jiangsu and neighbouring Anhui provinces. The pillar industries of Nanjing include electronics, automobiles, steel manufacturing and petrochemicals. Notable law firms active in the region include King & Wood Mallesons, Zhong Lun Law Firm, Jingtian & Gongcheng, AllBright Law Offices, and Grandall Law Firm.
AllBright Law Offices handles a range of practice areas from its Nanjing office with a particular focus on dispute resolution, securities and capital markets, corporate, commercial and M&A. Growth areas of the firm include intellectual property, international trade and real estate. Ni Tongmu specialises in dispute resolution and advises a range of government agencies, state-owned enterprises, domestic and foreign listed firms. Sun Zuan focuses on M&A, banking and finance, capital markets and securities. Xi Qing is also noted.
Guo Rui Technology Co., Ltd.
Guotai Junan Securities (Hongkong) Co., Ltd.
China International Capital Corporation Limited
Huatai Securities Co., Ltd.
Zhengzhou Urban Construction Group Investment Co., Ltd
Nanjing Yangzi State-owned Investment Group
Jiangsu Huihong International Group Zhongtian Holding Co., Ltd.
- Assisted Guorui Technology with issue of shares to counterparties, cash payment to purchase assets, raise supporting funds and related transaction projects.
- Assisted Zhengzhou Urban Construction Group with issuing USD $300 million overseas senior fixed-interest bonds in Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Assisted the Yangzi State-owned Investment Group with issuing various types of bonds as the attorney of the issuer.
G&D Law Firm
G&D Law Firm has a broad range of expertise including banking and finance, construction engineering, real estate, bankruptcy and M&A. The practice has a good working relationship with local government agencies and has a strong client offering in relation to government legal services. Shaowei Guo and Jimin Xue are key names to note. Guirong Chi is also noted and displays expertise in dispute resolution.
Grandall Law Firm
Grandall Law Firm has a sizeable practice with specialists in capital markets, cross-border M&A and dispute resolution. Other key areas of expertise include banking and finance, private equity and real estate. The practice displays in-depth industry knowledge in chemicals, media and pharmaceuticals. Ma Guoqiang has a strong background in financing, investment and M&A. Che Jie focuses on litigation and Liu Xiangming handles IPOs. Pan Mingxiang, Jing Zhong and Zhou Shijun are also noted.
Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co.,Ltd(Nanjing)
Jiangsu Industry Technology Research Institute
Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.,Ltd.
Jiangsu Zhengdan Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd
Jiangsu Broadcasting&Television Group Co.,Ltd.
China Greatwall Asset Management Corporation（Jiangsu）
NanJing XinJieKou Department Store Co.Ltd
Jiangsu Guoxin Corp. Ltd.
Omnijoi Media Corporation
Jiangsu Everyday Network Co.,Ltd
Jiangsu Hiteker High-tech Co., Ltd.
Suzhou Maxwell Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Advised Jiangsu Expressway Company Limited on acquiring 51 percent stake in Turkish infrastructure company ICA.
- Advised Kunming Dianchi Investment Co., Ltd. on issuing U.S.$300,000,000 notes.
- Advised Kunming Municipal Urban Construction Investment & Development on issuing U.S.$300,000,000 notes.
Jincheng Tongda & Neal
Jincheng Tongda & Neal opened its latest branch in Nanjing in 2018. This expansion was the result of the merger with Hongye Law Firm. Key areas of strength for the Nanjing team include corporate, finance, intellectual property, litigation and real estate. Hong Wei and Xie Yuhao have a strong background in corporate M&A and capital markets. Xiaojun Wang focuses on corporate compliance and intellectual property.
Nanjing Metro Group Co., Ltd.
Bank of Nanjing Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Tenghai Holdings Group Co., Ltd.
Nanjing Branch of Bank of Nanjing Co., Ltd.
Bank of Communications Co., Ltd. Jiangsu Branch
Nanjing Wentou Equity Investment Management Co., Ltd.
Nanjing Transportation Construction Investment Holding (Group) Co., Ltd.
Nanjing Anju Construction Group Co., Ltd.
Nantong High-tech Industrial Development Zone Corporation
Huafu Securities Co., Ltd.
Guotai Junan Securities Co., Ltd.
Zijin Rural Commercial Bank Co., Ltd.
Guosheng Securities Co., Ltd.
China Merchants Bank Co., Ltd. Nanjing Branch
- Assisted Micro-Tech (Nanjing) Co. Ltd’s IPO on the STAR Market.
- Assisted Nanjing Metro Group with the issuance of CNY 10 billion high-quality corporate green bonds.
- Assisted Nanjing Metro Group with the issuance of an ABS product – “China Investment Securities- Nanjing Metro Trust Beneficial Right Asset-Backed Special Plan Series II”.
King & Wood Mallesons
King & Wood Mallesons has a rapidly growing presence in Nanjing with expertise in corporate investment and financing, commercial dispute resolution, debt restructuring and capital market. The practice advises a range of leading household names in industries such as travel, industrials, finance and construction. Zhang Mingyuan heads the practice and is a key name to note. Janet Gu is also recommended who specialises in banking and finance.
Other key lawyers:
China Baowu Steel Group Corporation Limited
JIANGHAI SECURITIES CO., LTD.
China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited
Shun Tak Group.
YuanBio Venture Capital
Suning Finance Service Co., Ltd
Jiangsu Provincial Overseas Cooperation and Investment Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Jiaruicheng Construction Management Co., Ltd.
- Advised China Baowu on controlling Masteel and indirect acquisition of A + H shares of Masteel.
- Represented China Securities Co., Ltd. and Jiang Hai Securities Co., Ltd. (as joint underwriters) as their Chinese counsel in connection with the private issuance of CNY1,000,000,000 China (Shanghai) Free Trade Zone & Offshore Bonds by Nanjing Southeast State Owned Assets Investment Group Co., Ltd. as issuer.
- Assisted Shun Tak Group in acquisition of Suhe Bay Project in Shanghai
Zhong Lun Law Firm
Zhong Lun Law Firm has a recognised presence in real estate and construction, advising clients on both transactions and disputes. The practice has a wide client base with medium to large-sized companies in a range of sectors from industrials and finance, to real estate and logistics. It also advises a range of government agencies. Jianhui Tang heads the practice as well as the finance team and focuses on bankruptcy and debt restructuring. Zhiqiang Wei is also noted and has a strong background in construction.
Other key lawyers:
Yangzhou Guangli Steel Pipe Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Nanjing Wanjia Real Estate Development Co., Ltd
Jiangsu Longken Group Co., Ltd.
Nanjing Huaneng South Industry Development Corp.
Jiangsu Branch of the Export-Import Bank of China
Jiangsu Kaijin Online Financial Assets Exchange Center Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Sumec Group Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Dongfang Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Huizhong Gete’er Air Conditioning Co., Ltd.
Nanjing Weige Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd.
Administrator of Jiangsu Huiyu Logistics Co. Ltd.
Administrator of Nanjing Jianwei Real Estate Development Co. Ltd.
Administrator of Nanjing Yicheng Real Estate Co. Ltd.
Administrator of Nanjing Yicheng Ocean World Co. Ltd.
Administrator of Nanjing Ningcheng Electric Co. Ltd.
Administrator of Nanjing Huadong Automobile Arrester Co. Ltd.
Shanghai Construction Engineering First Construction Group Co., Ltd.
Phoenix Publishing & Media Group
- Acting as debtor’s legal counsel for the debt restructuring of Sanpower Group Co., Ltd. and its affiliates.
- Acting as debtor’s legal counsel for the debt restructuring of Nanjing Fullshare Industrial Holding Group Co., Ltd. and its affiliates.
- Acting as legal counsel of Xiaoguang Zhou (actual controller of Neoglory Group Co., Ltd.) for debt restructuring of Neoglory Group Co., Ltd.