Private equity: PRC firms in China
Fangda Partners advises on the full range of private equity-driven M&A transactions, representing private equity investors, consortiums of private equity and strategic buyers, seller, financing providers, independent directors and independent financial advisers of listed companies. The practice's expertise spans exiting investments together with financings at different stages, including seed, start-up and subsequent equity financing and bridge loan arrangements. Doris Tang advised Local Services Holding, the holding company of Ele.me and Koubei, on its latest $3bn equity financing with Alibaba, SoftBank, and other third-party investors; and Jeffrey Ding and Michael Han advised Anta Sports and Chinese private equity house FountainVest Partners on their €4.6bn acquisition of Amer Sports. Norman Zhong, Jonathan Zhou, Helen Fan and Peng Tan are also highly regarded.
Local Services Holding
CITIC Private Equity Funds Management
- Advised a Cayman SPV fund sponsored by Envision Group on its $1bn leveraged acquisition of AESC.
- Assisted a consortium of investors led by the chairman of eHi, and MBK Partners with the going-provate transaction of eHi Car Services.
- Advised for Boyu in its investment in Waterdrop as the lead investor in the latter’s Round C financing, involving a transaction price of $1.2bn representing 13.5% shares being subscribed.
- Acted for CITICPE and its affiliates in the Series A financing of JD Health International.
Han Kun Law Offices is very well known for assisting prominent names in the private equity and venture capital industry with high-value, complex investment and fundraising matters. It has represented over 100 foreign and domestic private equity and venture capital firms, and successfully closes hundreds of investments per year. Among them, Chaoying Li and Sheng Li acted for the lead investor SoftBank Vision Fund in its $1.9bn financing of Manbang Group and handled Guazi.com's Series D financing transaction, in which SoftBank Vision Fund invested $1.5bn in the company. Yijun Chao and Ying Yang advised Missfresh on its Series E financing from over 11 new investors, including financial and strategic investors.
‘The team responds swiftly and the solutions it provides is always beyond client’s expectation‘.
‘The team can always provide flexible solutions from multiple perspectives‘.
‘Sheng Li has deep private equity knowledge and is fluent in English‘.
- Assisted TPG with the spin-off transaction of the Financial Services Group of Baidu Group.
- Advised Tencent on its RMB10bn investment in Cango, a leading auto finance fintech company.
- Handled China Renaissance Healthcare Fund’s RMB2bn investment in Chemlin.
- Advised China Broadband Capital as the lead investor on its participating in Shenzhen Qianhai Xinxin Finance Management’s series B equity financing.
- Acted for Esquared Capital on its series D financing, which Sequoia China dn Boyu Capital jointly led the funding.
King & Wood Mallesons
King & Wood Mallesons has a wealth of experience in the establishment, investment, and exit of domestic and overseas funds, and its client list ranges from global buyout funds to smaller first time funds. Mulong Gong and Yi Zhang jointly lead the 20-partner team. Zhang advised CQY Capital in its Series C financing of MicroPort CardioFlow Medtech Corporation; Richard Nie and Hanyu Zhang acted for Pingduoduo on its Series D financing of $1.4bn from Tencent, Sequoia and other investors and the subsequent IPO and listing on the US Stock Exchange; Rocky Lee assisted Horizon Robotics, a start-up company focused on Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) chips and AI edge computing, with completing its Series B financing from a group of established domestic and multinational investors. Zhijun Lin focuses on advising private equity houses on their investments in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and TMT sectors and Jing Hu specialises in the area of private equity financing, red-chip restructuring and overseas listing.
Mulong Gong; Yi Zhang
‘The team has an excellent practice for inbound investments and knows the local market very well‘.
‘Richard Nie is excellent in his support of client’s objectives‘.
Ant Small and Micro Financial Services Group
Shanghai Golden Education Training
Suzhou Admera Health Biotechnology
One Smart International Education Group
Shanghai Shenma Chuxing Information & Technology
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
Beijing SenseTime Technology Development
- Advised Pingduoduo on its series D financing of $1.4bn from Tencent, Sequoia and other investors and the subsequent IPO and listing on the US Stock Exchange.
- Advising Horizon Robotics, a start-up company focused on Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) chips and AI edge computing, in completing its Series B financing from a group of established domestic and multinational investors.
- Acted for TutorGroup Holding on its Series D financing which was invested by Macquarie Group, an Australian multinational investment bank, as well as All-Stars Investment Cayman, a hybrid fund focused on Greater China internet and consumer brands, and Gamnat Pte., a Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund.
- Advised Qiming Capital and Hillhouse Capital on their financing for Jacobio Pharmaceuticals.
- Assisted Beijing SenseTime Technology Development with the Series D financing for Moviebook’s proposed overseas listing through the establishment of VIE structure.
Zhong Lun Law Firm handles the full remit of private equity work including fund formation, fundraising, investment, project management and fund exit. Anthony Zhao advised SoftBank Group on its $6bn investment in We Company; Lefan Gong assisted CDH Investments with its pre-IPO investment in Ascentage Pharma Group International; and Victor Yu advised Supermonkey Fitness on its Series D financing by Yao Capital and Starquest Capital. Luke Zhang, Kejun Guo, Catherine Chen and Ting Gao are highly recommended. The team is also 'excellent at associate level', in which John Shen, Raphael Liu, Summer Huang and Roy Zheng are noted.
Limin Chen; Zhong Zhang; Catherine Chen; Lefan Gong; Jiyong Feng
Park Place Real Estate Group
SEAVI Advent Private Equity
DHL Logistics (China)
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica GmbH
Softbank Vision Fund
HSBC Qianhai Securities
LaSalle Investment Management
- Advised SoftBank Group on its $6bn investment in We Company.
- Acted for Tencent on its series E investment in Wuhan-based Douyu, China’s largest live-streaming platform.
- Assisted SoftBank Vision Fund with its $1.5bn Series E investment in Guazi.com, a leading Chinese developer and provider of online platform for C2C and C2B trades for used and new automobiles.
- Acted Blackstone Group on its subscription of H-share convertible bonds issued by YiChang HEC ChangJiang Pharmaceutical Co.
- Advised Joyson Electronic on its auto safety division’s USD 300 million equity financing made by PAG.
Global Law Office 'gives very constructive advice' and it 'offers clients best solutions that are both compliant and highly practical'. Its client roster features a number of global leading private equity houses including Warburg Pincus which it recently handled its Series D financing of Mofang (China) Service Group. It also advises the invested companies in a broad range of sectors in their financing transactions. Shenzhen-based Cheng Li and Jihong He advised Hive Box on its Series A+ financing round. Steven Yu has over a decade experience of advising international and domestic private equity and venture capital firms, as well as e-commerce giants in their investments in China-based TMT companies. Yu advised Tencent on its Series D preferred share investment in Kuaikan World (Cayman). Michael Yu advised CITIC Capital on its RMB3.65bn investment in Beijing Century Kangrui Medical Management. Other recommended individuals are managing partner Jinrong Liu and Huawei Lin.
Jinrong Liu; Michael Yu
‘Always responds to client’s needs efficiently‘
‘Always take the extra time to understand the background information of client’s needs‘
Shenzhen Qianhai Linklogis Financial Services
Shenzhen Hive Box Technology
Mangrove Bay Capital
- Advised Primavera Capital on the Series C financing of Shanghai Lujiazui International Financial Asset Exchange, alongside other co-investors including without limitation Softbank, Qatar Investment Authority and Macquarie.
- Acted for Shenzhen Qianhai Linklogis Financial Services in its Series C financing led by Government Investment Corporation.
- Advised Hony Capital in its $220m Series C Investment in I-Mab.
- Acted for CITIC Capital in its investment in Beijing Century Kangrui Medical Management.
- Advised Tencent on its $170m Series D preferred share investment in Kuaikan World (Cayman).
JunHe LLP's broad client base includes private equity and venture capital funds, general partnerships and limited partnerships of funds and fund management companies, as well as investment companies and banks. The team is particularly active in automotive and pharmaceutical sectors. Highlights include advising a consortium of investors including CPE China Fund, CICC Capital and Baring Private Equity Asia on the $1bn Series A financing for JD Health, acted for Advantech Capital on its $102m Series B financing for TOT Biopharm Company, and advised Miniso on its RMB1bn investment by Tencent and Hillhouse Capital Group. Binxue Sang is a prominent practitioner within the team which also includes Nelson Zhou who has notable experience in leveraged buy-out transactions, and Wenjun Jiang who handles private equity investment and restructuring transactions.
CICC Emerging Fund
SoftBank Vision Fund
- Acted for a consortium of investors including CPE China Fund, CICC Capital and Baring Private Equity Asia on the $1bn Series A financing for JD Health.
- Acted for Advantech Capital on its $102m Series B financing for TOT Biopharm Company, including advising on debt-to-equity swap transaction between the investors of the previous round of financing and the current investors.
- Advised Zhongjin Qiyuan National Emerging Fund in its investment in Yaowei Equity Investment Partnership.
- Advised Miniso on its RMB1bn investment by Tencent and Hillhouse Capital Group.
Commerce & Finance Law Office 's recent caseload include a steady flow of multimillion-dollar financing mandates, representing both domestic and foreign private equity funds, as well as the invested companies. Xinyang Zhang and Jianhai Luan are recommended.
Xinyang; Jianhai Luan; Lingyun Dai
Haiwen & Partners is widely considered as 'a trusted adviser', particularly by US investment funds. Recommended for fund formation, portfolio investments and management as well as exits, the team counts a number of well-known domestic and international private equity funds as its major clients. The 20-partner team operates from its Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong offices, and includes a number of experienced practitioners with a solid record in handling big-ticket private equity and venture capital financing and investment, M&A and capital markets transactions. Jiping Zhang and Shuangjuan Wei are key names to note.
Other key lawyers:
Shuangjuan Wei; Xuemei Lv; Jian Mu; Jiangshan Tang
‘The team has strong professional skills‘.
‘Jiping Zhang is excellent all round- he is commercial, technical and collaborative‘.
Han Yi Law Offices
Private equity and M&A boutique firm Han Yi Law Offices has 'solid professional skills and rich practical experience'. It counts global private equity and venture capital funds, industrial investment funds, and hedge funds as its major clients which it advises on a large number of high-value investment transactions in healthcare and life sciences, TMT and education sectors. Founding partner Linda He has 'solid comprehensive strength' and 'her deep knowledge of the domestic market ensures her to give high quality trusted advice'. Richard Xu advises leading international banks and investment firms, such as Blackstone, Goldman Sachs and Trustbridge partners. Lynn Zhang and Anna Yu are also recommended.
‘The team can accurately grasp the trends and can keep it with the changes in the legal environment‘.
‘Richard Xu and Lynn Zhang responds quickly and always provides practical solutions’.
- Acting for a consortium of Investors, including Carlyle Group, Meinian Healthcare Group and others, on their acquisition of Adicon Clinical Laboratories.
- Acting for Carlyle Group on its RMB720m strategic investment in Luolai Lifestyle.
- Represented the lead investor GIC in the pre-IPO Series C investment in Ant Financial.
- Assisted Trustbridge Partners and Temasek as lead investors with their $500m Series B investment in WeWork China.
Jingtian & Gongcheng reinforced its position in the China private equity market with the hire of the highly regarded Victor Wang and six other experienced practitioners from AllBright Law Offices. The team is regularly instructed by domestic and foreign companies on the full cycle of private equity financing spanning angle round to pre-IPO. Among its recent mandates, Zhengzheng Hu advised Know Box on a series of financing from investors including Delian Capital, BAI GmbH, Source Code Capital and YF Fund, and assisted Mininglamp Technology, a unicorn enterprise in the field of big data and AI with various rounds of financing; Jinjin Chen counts Missfresh as a major client which the team assisted with over ten rounds of its financing; and Yusheng Ye handled Fengchao's Series A+ financing. Capital markets specialist Xiang Gao and Xiaojin Zheng who joined from Zhong Lun Law Firm are further names to note.
Suning Holdings Group
Gold Endeavor Capital
Beijing Bytedance Technology
- Advised Yao Capital on its RMB360m investment in Shenzhen Supermonkey Fitness Management Company.
- Acted for Sequoia Capital on its strategic investment in Beisen, a company providing SaaS software and solutions for the whole process of talent management.
- Advised SenseTime on its Series C financing led by Alibaba, and followed by Temasek and Suning, with a total investment amount of $600m.
- Advised Huashenghaoche Group Holdings on the $210m investment led by Asia-focused private-equity firm Crescent point.
- Acted for Beijing Jindi Techonology on its pre-B financing.
Llinks Law Offices advises domestic and international angel investors, and venture capital, private equity and industry funds as well as strategic investors. It also assists domestic and international companies from a broad mix of industries during their rounds of fund raisings from initial start-up stage to pre-IPO stage. Recent highlights include advising Shanghai Xinjin Venture Capital Centre on its investment in Fangjing Culture Studio (Beijing), and acting for Autojome on its strategic investment in TTP, an online auction platform for second hand vehicles. Colin Shi and Selena She are names to note.
David Yu; Nicholas Lou
Wm Smart Mobility (Shanghai)
Shenzhen SenseTime Technology
Shanghai Cell Therapy Group
Red Pepper Limited
Beijing Cheerbright Technologies
Beijing Qi Wo Bo Guan Investment Management Partnership (Limited Partnership)
Infotech New industry Investment Fund Management Co., Ltd.
Beijing Chang Ke Jin Investment
Shanghai Xinjin Venture Capital Center (LLP)
Shanghai Premium Bright Global Captial
Beijing Cheerbright Technologies
Shanghai Yiguo E-commerce
- Advised Wm Smart Mobility (Shanghai) with its RMB3bn series C and C+ financing.
- Acted for SenseTime on its $1.22bn series C and C+ financing
- Assisted Shanghai Cell Therapy Group with its RMB925m, led by China Pacific Life Insurance, Haier Capital and China Industrial Asset Management.
- Advised Shanghai Xinjin Venture Capital Centre on its investment in Fangjing Culture Studio (Beijing).
- Advising Shanghai Yiguo E-commerce as one of the investors on its investment in Yimutian’s series C-1 financing.
Private equity and venture capital boutique firm Shihui Partners strengthened its position in the market with the hire of Steven Zhao and Darren Liang from Fangda Partners and Han Kun Law Offices respectively, followed by the hire of two senior associates. The team is particularly active in the technology space and has seen an increasing caseload in advising red-chip companies' return to the PRC market. Demonstrating this, George Niu and Vicky Gong advised JD Group on the restructuring and $1bn Series A financing of JD Healthcare, and acted for JD Logistics on its $2.5bn Series A financing from a large consortium of investors, including Hillhouse Capital, Sequoia China, China Merchants Group, Tencent, China Life among others. Miranda Jiang counts many start-ups as her major clients and is recommended alongside Hilda Li and Zan Zhu who was promoted to the partnership in 2018.
George Niu; Miranda Jiang; Vicky Gong
now JD Digital
China Renaissance New Economy Fund
Huaxing New Economic Fund
Huaxing Medical Industry Fund
Zhuo Li Capital
- Acted for JD Logistics on its $2.5bn Series A financing from a large consortium of investors, including Hillhouse Capital, Sequoia China, China Merchants Group,Tencent, China Life among others.
- Acted for JD Finance on its RMB13bn Series B financing from a group of state owned institutional investors.
- Advised IDG Capital in PingAn Medical & Healthcare Management’s $1.15bn Series A Financing.
- Advised Baidu on its $130m Series C1 and C2 financing from Tiger Global Fund, source code capital, Chengwei capital, Yunqi Partners and Bull Capital Partners.
- Assisted China Renaissance New Economy Fund with its$90m Series B Financing of Weshare.
DaHui Lawyers has notable experience in RMB funds, US funds, parallel funds, and cross-border investment funds and it advises private equity, venture capital and hedge funds on domestic and cross-border investment transactions. It continues to handle a number of high value work for clients in the TMT and healthcare sectors. Demonstrating this, Zheng Zha and the 'detail-oriented' Chris Chen advised Viva Biotech on a number of series seed and A financings in drug discovery start-ups in the US and China; Julia Dai assisted Mobike Japan with investment from Line, Japan's most popular messaging app; and Brendon Wu acted for the lead investor GSR Ventures on its investment in LSMcook and handled BluePay's Series C financing, invested by Source Code.
‘Chris Chen is very experienced in venture capital and tech investment areas‘.
China Growth Capital
Matrix Partners China
Sequoia Capital China
Source Code Capital
- Advised Source Code on its participation in BluePay’s Series C financing.
- Advised GSR Ventures on its investment in LSMcook, a catering supply chain management service platform.
- Advised Genesis Capital on its $130m investment in Meiri Etao, a Chinese social commerce platform.
- Acted for Yunfeng Capital on its $300m investment in Xiaozhuduanzu, an online platform for house sharing and accommodations.
- Assisted Mobile Japan on its capital raising from Line.
DeHeng Law Offices regularly handles big-ticket fund formation and investment transactions. Weifeng Guo and Zengli Li are key names to note from its Beijing and Shanghai offices respectively, which also includes Hongbao Mu focuses on cross-border private equity, market-oriented debt-to-equity swap, perpetual bonds mandates, and Zhiwei Hou who recently advised China Internet Investment Fund on its RMB250m Series C and C3 financing for Beijing Unisound Information Technology.
Chinese Academy of Sciences Holdings
China Xiongan Group Fund Management
China Resources Pharmaceutical
Capital Venture Capital Fund
Beijing Shunxi Equity Investment Fund Management
China Internet Investment Fund
Beijing Shun Equity Investment Fund Management
- Advised China Internet Investment Fund on its RMB250m Series C and C3 financing for Beijing Unisound Information Technology.
Dentons focuses on advising private equity and venture capital houses on their investments in the pharmaceutical and TMT sectors; it also advise the invested companies. Recent highlights include advising Starquest Capital on its fund of funds (FOF) investments, and acted for Guangzhou ChinaLife Urban Development & Industry Investment on the transfer of its right to returns of lock-up shares of SOEs through a non-public transfer agreement. Beijing-based Bruce Li and Guangzhou-base Bin Jiang are key names to note.
Shoushuang Li; Pei Qiu
China Merchants Capital
Grandall Law Firm
Grandall Law Firm's Jing Zou is experienced in advising private equity and venture capital houses and asset managers on their investments, and is particularly experienced in advising private equity fund managers on compliance issues. Mengjun Zhou is active in the real estate and infrastructure sectors. Tianjin-based Naijin Liu is also recommended for advising state-owned asset funds.
Jing Zou; Naijin Liu; Mengjun Zhou
‘The team has rich knowledge in the private equity space, and a very dedicated attitude‘.
Jincheng Tongda & Neal advises leading venture capital and private equity funds and strategic investors on their investments in the China market. Its practice spans fund structuring and raising, compliance, portfolio company investment, and exits through domestic and overseas IPOs and M&A activities. Lingyan Peng handled CDH Investments' RMB500m financing in Hainan Gaodeng Technology and assisted Cloud Walk, an AI-products supplier for PRC Banks, with completing its RMB1bn Series B+ financing; Annie Wu advised Guoxin Guotong Fund, a Chinese sovereign fund, in its proposed acquisition of 33.3% equity interest in Redexis Gas; and Wenwen Zhao advised GP Investment Fund on its financing of RMB508m of eight Chinese technology companies.
Lingyan Peng; Lingyan Peng
Other key lawyers:
Annie Wu; Yinhong Liu; Fei Ye
‘The team has strong business capabilities in the field of equity investment, especially when the transaction structure involves both domestic and foreign companies‘.
‘Annie Wu is able to combine the actual cases of the Chinese mainland and the country where the project is located, and put forward very constructive opinions on the contract terms of the investment projects, and participate well in the negotiations‘.
‘Understands the business requirement and provides constructive advice’.
‘Lingyan Peng is good at grasping business priorities and seeking simple solutions in complex legal relationships to provide clients with maximum convenience and protection of interests‘.
‘Lingyan peng has strong negotiation skills‘.
Guoxin Guotong Fund
Ascentage Pharma Group International
GP Investment Fund
China International Capital Corporation Limited-Qixiao (Shanghai) Investment Centre
Ping An Ventures
China Resources Capital Management
- Advised Guoxin Guotong Fund, a Chinese sovereign fund, in its proposed acquisition of 33.3% equity interest in Redexis Gas.
- Acted for Oriza Seed in Series B financing and restructuring of CStone Pharmaceuticals.
- Acted for Ascentage Pharma Group International in the completion of its RMB1bn Series C financing.
- Advised GP Investment Fund in a series of investments in eight technology companies.
- Assisted CDH Investments in its RMB500m investment in Hainan Gaodeng Technology, a tax SaaS provider.
Merits & Tree Law Offices further strengthened its position in the market with the opening of its Shanghai office in 2018. The group has solid experience in fund formation, fund raising and fund compliance, private equity investment and financing as well as red-chip return and equity incentive transactions. Founding partner Youyuan Jin heads the group from Beijing office, and acts for investment institutions and financing enterprises in a large number of investment, financing and M&A projects at different stages and rounds. Jin advised Riverhead Capital on its RMB1bn financing forShiqiao Group. Yueping Zhong and Shanghai-based Jiang Tao are also recommended.
‘Both the senior lawyers and the young lawyers, without exception, show extremely responsible dedication and excellent professionalism, which means on any given project, no matter which lawyer we deal with, the team can maintain its high-quality and high-efficiency consistently‘.
Blue Mobile Capital
Zhihan (Shanghai) Investment Center
Shanghai Hui Arena Capital Investment Centre
Shanghai Jing Arena Capital Investment centre
XVC Venture Capital
Tsinghua Holdings Capital
- Advised Blue Mobile Capital on its $50m series D financing.
- Acted for Dragon Cloud on its series B financing for Koolearn Technology.
- Advised Hypersonic’s subsidiary Beijing Sonspeed Prodigy Technology on the wholly-owned acquisition by Ant Financial.
- Advised Sequoia Capital on its $950m investment in Yonghui Caishixian Development.
- Acted for Shanghai Hui Arena Capital Investment Centre and Shanghai Jing Arena Capital Investment centre o their investment in Shanghai Qudong Network Technology.
Tian Yuan Law Firm's clients spans a broad spectrum of industries, including education, healthcare, TMT, fintech, new energy and Media which it advises both the private equity and venture capital firms as well as the invested companies in high value investment, restructuring and M&A transactions. Recent highlights include assisted Sequoia Capital with its participation in VIPKID's Series D+ financing and advising Sequoia Capital on its Series C financing for Burning Rock Biotech, a Chinese company specialising in next-generation sequencing diagnostics solutions for precision medicine in oncology. Jiayun Xie, Zhihua Xia andXiaohui Zhu are highly recommended.
Jiayun Xie; Zhihua Xia
Other key lawyers:
Xiaohui Zhu; Jianhui Li; Guanxiong Wu; Lei Zhou
Silver Lake Partners
- Assisted Sequoia Capital with its participation in VIPKID’s Series D+ financing.
- Advising Sequoia Capital on its Series C financing for Burning Rock Biotech, a Chinese company specialising in next-generation sequencing diagnostics solutions for precision medicine in oncology.
- Advised Silver Lake in its participation, among other investors, in Ant Financial’s $14bn fundraising.
AllBright Law Offices is singled out for its rich expertise in trust funds space. Recent highlights saw Yanchun Zhao advising Shanghai international trust on establishing an equity trust plan, and assisting Anda Biopharmaceutical Development Corporation with its seed financing from a major shareholder of a listed company.
Anda Biopharmaceutical Development Corporation
Zhibao Technology (Shanghai)
Shanghai International Trust
Beijing Langzi Hana Asset Management
Minsheng Wealth Investment Management
Hengqin Pingyi Real Estate Equity Investment Management
AnJie Law Firm advises private equity and venture capital firms as well as corporate companies in TMT, education and gaming sectors. Jeremy Dai advised Shanghai Jiuye Supply Chain in its successful strategic investment from Charoen Pokphand Group and acted for LB Investment in its series B investment in Chuanpuke, a sino-foreign joint venture engaging in food court management business. Shanghai-based Hang Cai is another name to note, and recently assisted Morningside Venture Capital with its RMB500m Series A+ and RMB4bn B+ financing of Xiaopeng Motors.
Other key lawyers:
Catherine Guo; Hang Cai
Morningside Venture Capital
Northern Light Venture
- Advised Shanghai Jiuye Supply Chain in its successful strategic investment from Charoen Pokphand Group.
- Advised Nice App Group Holding on its strategic investment from Vision Plus, TPG, Matrix andInvention Capital.
- Advised Easy Time on its Series A financing from Joy Capital.
- Assisted Fusi Capital with its $33m invstment in AKD.
Guantao Law Firm advises private equity, hedge funds, real estate and venture capital funds as well as fund of funds, investment firms, sponsors, institutional investors and portfolio companies. Managing partner Liguo Cui counts TechFaith Wireless Communication Technology, Acorn International and ARC Capital Holdings as his key clients, and Alan Huang handles fund formation, financing and investment transactions.
Chengdu-headquartered Tahota Law Firm's client roster features a large number of local and regional state-backed funds and asset management firms which it advises on a range of fund formation, financing, and exit transactions. Fei Xiang recently advised Chengdu Huaxing Pharmacy Chain on its investment made by Gaoji Pharmaceutical company, a subsidiary of Hillhouse Capital Group.
Fei Xiang; Zelong Qiu; Lei Wang
Other key lawyers:
Zhiyuan Xu; Chenggang Guo
Sichuan Investment Fund Industry Association & Sichuan Investment Future Industry Association
Sichuan Industry Revitalization and Development Investment Fun
Sichuan Juma Enterprise Management
Chongqing Yukang Equity Investment Fund Management
Chengdu Lihang Technology
- Advised Sichuan Juma Enterprise Management on its RMB650m series C financing from a consortium of investors.