The competition practice group at Boyanov & Co. has been praised for operating at the ‘highest level in the country’. The team excels in the full suite of competition law and is particularly distinguished by its extensive track record of handling merger control processes for high-value acquisition deals. In a recent highlight, the practice group represented CVC Capital Partners in obtaining merger clearance for its proposed $1.3bn investment in Razer. Complex antitrust matters, unfair competition cases and day-to-day compliance work are also among the department’s key competencies in the space. Practice head Peter Petrov is a pre-eminent competition lawyer in the Bulgarian market and he continues to focus his extensive expertise on merger control, antitrust investigation procedures and litigation. Kina Chuturkova is another key point of contact, and is notably active in high-profile litigation.
EU and competition in Bulgaria
Other key lawyers:
‘The practice operates at the highest level in the country, keeping in mind the regulations and current practice in Europe as well. I can rely on the professionalism of the team; this is the most important advantage that we always look for when we need services in this field.’
‘The team that I work with is distinguished by competence, thoroughness, correctness, careful assessment of the issues and, last but not least, excellent judgement on a business level, which is very useful.’
Procter & Gamble
Jacobs Douwe Egberts
Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
CVC Capital Partners
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on obtaining Bulgarian merger clearance for its proposed investment in Razer.
- Advised Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) in relation to its proposed acquisition of Serbian non-GMO soy protein manufacturer Sojaprotein.
- Advised a large number of major local and international groups on antitrust, unfair competition and abuse of economic dependence issues, dawn raids, internal compliance, internal investigations and other matters.
Adept at handling complex competition work at both domestic and EU level, CMS lends sector-specific knowledge to mandates that arise out of the energy and renewables, banking and finance, telecoms, media, retail and healthcare industries. The team’s caseload frequently spans multi-jurisdictional merger control, cartel investigations, abuse of dominance and unfair competition cases, compliance issues and litigation. ‘Perfect adviser’ and team leader Nevena Radlova is well regarded in the field. Counsel Anna Tanova is another point of contact in the team, praised by one client as the ‘one of the best specialist in competition law in Bulgaria’.
Other key lawyers:
Anna Tanova; Assen Georgiev
‘CMS Sofia is our preferred legal adviser for competition law. The competition law experts in the CMS team that we work with are Anna Tanova and Nevena Radlova. CMS Sofia’s industry knowledge is of particular value for us.’
‘Nevena Radlova provides comprehensive, clear and workable solutions for the business. Nevena is able to translate complex regulations into clear, comprehensive and legally sound advice. Anna Tanova knows the audio-visual media industry particularly well and has been involved as an attorney in most of the competition cases in this area.’
‘We have been working with CMS and especially with Anna Tanova and Assen Georgiev for the last few years. They represent us in our most important litigation in the competition area. They have handled significant cases in relation to the abuse of dominance position.’
‘Without exaggeration, I can say that we feel like they are part of our team, and like we can entrust our most important matters to them without hesitation.’
‘Anna is the type of specialist who likes to enter deeply into the detail, with the ability to find different approaches to the case that are in our best interest. She is dedicated to the matter and the client and quickly finds clever and creative solutions that are guaranteed to succeed. Assen is a very balanced, knowledgeable lawyer and an exceptional litigator. Anna and Assen always respond promptly to all questions, regardless of the hour.’
‘Nevena Radlova has been the key contact for our organisation for years. She is the perfect adviser and an expert who has a lot of passion for her work, providing the ideal feedback on commercial points.’
‘I have known Anna Tanova for many years and have had the chance to follow her career development almost from the start. She has always been very hardworking, intelligent, inquisitive and very resourceful. On top of all that, she has qualifications from a top university. I believe she is one of the best specialists in competition law in Bulgaria.’
Association of Bulgarian Radio and TV Broadcasters
- Advised IBM on various day-to-day competition law matters.
- Advised EKO Bulgaria on various day-to-day matters, with a strong focus on ensuring compliance with competition law, and in particular with the new directive on unfair trading practices.
- Advised the Association of Bulgarian Radio and TV Broadcasters (ABBRO) on various day-to-day matters, with a strong focus on ensuring compliance with competition law.
The ‘knowledgeable and hardworking’ practice group at Dimitrov, Petrov & Co has a roster of major corporate clients in the media and life sciences areas, notably Google, Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer, which the team advises on a diverse range of contentious and day-to-day advisory matters. Chiefly, the team handles cases related to abuse of dominance, collusive agreements, incompatible state aid and unfair competition. Noted practitioner Zoya Todorova heads up the competition practice group with Donka Stoyanova, who dedicates much of her time to cases concerning abuse of dominance, collusive agreements, cartels and other unfair trade practices.
Zoya Todorova; Donka Stoyanova
‘We are very pleased to have worked with Dimitrov, Petrov and Co. What makes the team so great is how determined they are to find the best solution to your needs, and they keep you updated every step of the way. We were most impressed by how knowledgeable and hardworking they are and always available to provide you with any information necessary.’
‘We have worked with Donka Stoyanova on several regulatory and competition cases which were significant to our organisation both in terms of the potential financial implications and legal impact. I am impressed with the knowledge and persistence that she invested in trying to find the best solution. She has helped me out of many difficult situations and is very responsive to my questions – she explains everything in detail and with a lot of patience.’
Johnson & Johnson
- Аdvised Google on compliance with competition rules and specific local issues relating to the launch of new campaigns, competitions, games and other commercial practices.
- Advised Yettel Bulgaria on a number of matters, both contentious cases and ongoing competition assessments and advice.
- Provided day-to-day legal support to Pfizer on various competition law matters arising from the activity of the company in Bulgaria.
As home to one of the oldest and most established competition practices in the domestic market, Djingov, Gouginski, Kyutchukov & Velichkov is well placed to advise both multinational and Bulgarian clients on a host of differing issues, spanning all aspects of merger control, antitrust proceedings regarding horizontal and vertical trade restraints and abuse of dominance, and industry-specific compliance issues. Among the team’s key clients are Nikon Europe, Visa Europe and OMV Bulgaria. Name partner Nikolai Gouginski co-heads the practice and is notable for his impressive track record in proceedings brought before the Bulgarian Commission on Protection of Competition. Co-head Violetta Kunze and senior associate Dessislava Iordanova are also key members of the team.
Nikolai Gouginski; Violetta Kunze
Other key lawyers:
Vladislav Antonov; Dessislava Iordanova
Mayoral Moda Infantil
British American Tobacco Trading
Forum Film Bulgaria
- Advised Visa Europe on antitrust and unfair competition rules applicable to its local operations and relationships with merchant banks.
- Represented Mayoral Moda Infantil, a Spanish manufacturer of children’s clothes and accessories, and its Bulgarian subsidiary Mayoral Bulgaria EOOD in two sets of proceedings initiated by a complaint from a former commercial partner.
- Provided competition law compliance training to Devnya Cement, including mock dawn raid training, and drafting various operational policies and guidelines for relationships with consumers and other market actors.
The inter-disciplinary competition practice group at Kambourov & Partners regularly advises a vast portfolio of clients from a wide range of sectors, including energy, TMT, aviation, financial services, healthcare and engineering. As preferred counsel for several major domestic and multinational companies and private equity fund managers, notably Vivacom, Lidl and United Group, the team excels in merger control mandates. In a recent highlight, the team advised Abris Capital Partners on merger control clearances for the sizeable acquisitions of two leading dental distributors in Bulgaria. Antitrust proceedings are also very much within the team's capabilities, with a solid track record of advising on abuse of market dominance, cartels, vertical restraints, dawn raids and market investigations. Practice head and senior associate Plamen Yotov is noted for ‘his exceptional expertise in EU legislation and competition matters’. He is supported by Stefan Tzakov and associate Elena Apostolova.
Other key lawyers:
Stefan Tzakov; Elena Apostolova
‘The team provides prompt and high-quality services where the motivation of the lawyers and their level of expertise are constantly demonstrated. We consider the level of service to be excellent and the answers to our legal questions were provided by Kambourov & Partners in good time. Their responses were accurate and always provided in close cooperation with our company’s in-house lawyers.’
‘We would like to highlight Plamen Yotov because of his exceptional expertise in EU legislation and competition matters. He always demonstrates problem-solving abilities and he is extremely dedicated to getting results for his clients, with excellent knowledge of our industry.’
‘The team is highly qualified in the area of EU and competition law and is available to provide competent legal support in the required timeframe.’
‘The members of the team stand out for their deep expertise and knowledge, as well as their precise and punctual performance of the assigned work.’
‘The lawyers respond to requests promptly and they try to find solutions which correspond to our legal requirements and business strategies. The lawyers provide useful training for the business.’
‘Stefan Tzakov and Plamen Yotov have extensive experience in implementing the legal requirements related to competition law in business environments. Their experience and good theoretical and practical knowledge helps in negotiations with potential business partners.’
‘The EU and competition practice at Kambourov & Partners has been advising our company for many years. They simply understand our business like nobody else on the market could and continuously exceed our expectations. The advice is always targeted to our needs and we feel supported. They are great communicators, always on time, flexible and proactive.’
‘Plamen Yotov is a brilliant lawyer. Extremely knowledgeable and greatly experienced, he has a solution for every issue and an answer to every question. His approach is a mix of technical and creative skills and we greatly appreciate that about him. He is a true pleasure to work with.’
Abris Capital Partners
The Kapsch Group
European federation of Energy Traders
Robert Bosch GmbH (Bosch)
Specialized Hospital for Active Treatment in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Selena
Consultancy Engineering Group
Bulgarian Telecommunications Company
- Obtained merger control clearances for the acquisitions by Abris Capital Partners of two leading dental distributors in Bulgaria, Dentatechnica and Dentstore.
- Advised retailers Kaufland, Lidl and Maxima on the full range of competition law matters.
- Representing the Bulgarian Telecommunications Company (Vivacom) in the judicial review of merger clearances issued by the Bulgarian competition authority.
Andrey Delchev and Partners - Eurolex Bulgaria predominantly advises clients from the energy, fuel supply and insurance industries on the full suite of competition matters, including alleged abuse of market position, price fixing and vertical agreements. Severina Liubenova acts as practice head, and focuses on merger control, abuse of dominant position and restriction of competition cases. She is supported by founding partner and ‘very experienced professional’ Andrey Delchev.
Other key lawyers:
‘The law firm provides highly professional services from experienced lawyers who have the expertise and motivation to meet the highest standards for quality of the work. Andrey Delchev and Partners – Eurolex Bulgaria delivers timely, exhaustive and competent legal advice discussed from different perspectives. The law firm reacts very quickly to legal changes.’
‘The law firm has a solid team of professionals in various fields of law. We have worked closely with Boriana Shotekova who has significant experience in the representation of clients before the Commission on Protection of Competition of the Republic of Bulgaria.’
‘We have worked with the firm for many years. Throughout that time, Severina Liubenova and her team have proved to be on top of rapid developments in the field, adapting to the changes and finding the best possible outcome in each and every situation. Our sector is quite complex and requires vast knowledge, and we are completely satisfied with the service provided by our lawyers.’
‘We work with Severina Liubenova and we are pleased that our communication is always timely and outstanding. Her personal touch, knowledge and expertise is unprecedented and deserves to be highlighted. The final product that the team delivers is always excellent.’
CEZ Group Bulgaria
National Trust EcoFund
Fresh Media Group
Allianz insurance group
Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works
Bulgarian Petroleum and Gas Association
Orbelus Organic Winery
- Represented Treger, one of the biggest hotels in Sofia, in a claim against the local water supply and sanitation services operator for abuse of dominant position.
- Advised Fresh Media Group on competition and regulatory issues related to the broadcasting of radio programmes in Bulgaria.
- Advised the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works on whether the public procurement procedures for the “Regions in Growth” programme funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Bulgaria complied with competition law.
Dinova Rusev & Partners undertakes a diverse range of competition mandates, chiefly merger control, market reviews, antitrust proceedings and compliance issues arising out of the advertising industry. Among other highlights, the team is representing EKO Bulgaria in a complex cartel investigation involving compliance with domestic unfair trading and consumer protection legislation. Milen Rusev heads up the practice group, and is noted for his background working for the Bulgarian Commission on Protection of Competition. Elsewhere in the department, Ivelina Cherneva is another key point of contact, with a focus on competition issues emanating from M&A transactions.
Other key lawyers:
‘Milen Rusev is an outstanding competition specialist. Working with him is a pleasure. He is friendly and cooperative.’
‘Reliability and efficiency.’
Sofia South Ring Mall
Imerys Minerals Bulgaria
Daskalantonakis Group of Companies
- Assisted Daskalantonakis Group in a successful group restructuring exercise in Bulgaria, which included the preparation of an application for merger clearance and representation of the client before the Bulgarian regulator.
- Representing EKO Bulgaria in an ongoing cartel investigation involving all major fuel retail and wholesale operators in Bulgaria.
- Providing a wide range of litigation services to Kaliakra Wind Power aimed at putting an end to alleged unfair trading practices, including abuse of dominant position, by the state-owned National Electric Company.
The bulk of the competition and EU law practice at Georgiev, Todorov & Co centres on the group’s core expertise in handling unfair competition cases regarding exclusionary distribution practices, monopolies and cartels, trade mark infringement and public procurement procedures. Whilst the team’s specialism is evident, it is also frequently instructed on non-contentious matters, providing day-to-day advice on both domestic and EU regulatory issues and assistance with compliance across a range of different sectors. Lawyers of note include head of practice Alexander Pachamanov, who specialises in competition mandates in the telecoms and transport industries. He is supported on international and EU-level antitrust cases by associate Tsvetelina Dimitrova, who has ‘outstanding communication and negotiation skills‘.
Other key lawyers:
Miglena Peneva; Tsvetelina Dimitrova
‘The team advises us on various legal matters in the field, including ongoing compliance with EU law. The team is very diverse, with excellent partners and new lawyers with very good research skills and an eye for detail.’
‘On EU and competition matters, we regularly work with Tsvetelina Dimitrova, who is a diligent lawyer, with outstanding communication and negotiation skills, and always considers all the possible risks for our business.’
Agriculture State Fund
Albena Sport 2000
BMF Port Burgas
Bulgarian Telecommunications Company EAD (BTC)
Dolna Mitropoliya Municipality
METRO Cash & Carry Bulgaria
Sofia Bikes Association
- Represented Silistra Municipality in an appeal against a decision on financial corrections for an EU-funded transport project.
- Successfully represented Port Burgas before the Supreme Administrative Court in a dispute between the licensed grid operator, the supply company and the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (where the client is an interested party) concerning whether Bulgarian law on transmission and distribution system operators is in accordance with EU law.
- Protected the interests of Albena Sport 2000 before the Commission for Protection of Competition in relation to a concession procedure for operating commercial activities on a beach territory at the Black Sea.
Hristov & Partners
Hristov & Partners acts for a client base that spans the technology, automotive, life sciences, food and beverages, and energy industries, advising on a range of matters including abuse of dominance, vertical and horizontal agreements, merger control proceedings and unfair competition. The team also has an active international referral network, having collaborated in the past with major law firms in various jurisdictions on complex cross-border mandates. Founding partner Pavel Hristov heads the team, with support from senior associate Dragomir Stefanov.
Other key lawyers:
‘This is an excellent and very responsive team of extremely competent lawyers who offer our company high-quality competition law advice on various issues related to our distribution model and promotional campaigns.’
Integrity Capital Investments
ALD Automotive No
- Advised Reckitt Benckiser on all the competition law aspects of its operations in Bulgaria, including the termination and execution of distribution agreements and marketing campaigns compliance.
- Advised IWG on the competition and commercial law issues related to the rollout of a new client and franchising model in Bulgaria.
- Advised DMG Bulgaria on general competition matters related to its distribution network in Bulgaria and the compliance of marketing and promotional campaigns with unfair competition rules.
The steadily expanding client roster of Jordanov, Ignatov, Ivanov Law Firm includes multinational corporations, government bodies and major domestic players, including Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company, the Bulgarian Ministry of Energy and Mundus Services, to name but a few. Among other work highlights, the team is representing Mundus Services in a high-stakes unfair competition case, after the Supreme Administrative Court set aside the first-instance decision. Practice head Dimitar Ivanov is a dispute resolution specialist, and is supported by senior associate Svetlana Valeva.
Other key lawyers:
Svetlana Valeva; Nikolay Ignatov
‘Jordanov, Ignatov & Ivanov has an excellent team of experts. They have a deep and pragmatic knowledge of the area.’
‘Individuals are highly qualified and knowledgable.’
‘The team has deep industry knowledge and assists us with complex competition issues. I believe the key advantage of the team is its unique combination of knowledge of the law and knowledge of our business.’
‘I would like to highlight Nikolay Ignatov as well as Dimitar Ivanov for competition issues. They should be noted for their in-depth knowledge of our industry, their immediate responses and ability to offer clients tailored solutions. Combined with their solid legal practice, this makes them the perfect partners for us to work with.’
‘They manage to protect us perfectly from any compliance risks without burdening the sales process. In addition, the team at Jordanov, Ignatov & Ivanov undertakes all the tasks assigned to it with a dedication to pursuing the best result for the client. They offer excellent value for money.’
‘The team deliver timely, exhaustive and competent legal advice on EU and competition law. They react very quickly to legal changes and observe the highest standards in this area.’
‘We would like to single out Svetlana Valeva from the EU and competition practice. During our years of working together, she has always demonstrated that she is a trustworthy and reliable professional who is dedicated to her work and provides a top-quality service to her clients. Svetlana has a personal and professional approach to every specific request from the client, taking into account its business and practices.’
Ministry of Energy
Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Company
UVI United Vision
Genik Kafe Reshenia
Respiron East Europe
BPD Ring Road
BPD Industrial Real Estate Fund
- Represented Mundus Services before a new panel of the first-instance court in the appeal of a complex and high-stakes unfair competition case against a competitor for unfair market practices.
- Advised Varna Logistics on the potential sale of its portfolio of warehouses to an investment, insurance and banking group, including obtaining clearance for the transaction from the Bulgarian Commission on Protection of Competition.
- Advised BPD Ring Road, the owner, developer and operator of Sofia Ring Logistics Park comprising nearly 25,000 sq m of warehouses and offices, on the potential acquisition by a major foreign investment fund and all aspects of the transaction clearance by the Commission on Protection of Competition.
Penkov, Markov & Partners fields an established team of ‘experts in EU and competition law’. The bulk of the team’s work comprises advice on merger control relating to high-value transactions, and it successfully advised CEZ on the sale of its Czech assets to Inercom, in a significant, multi-jurisdictional case that saw the first instance of the Bulgarian competition authority blocking a merger. Chairman and name partner Vladimir Penkov co-heads the competition team alongside senior associate Smilena Hrusanova, who is regularly engaged on merger control and antitrust matters.
Vladimir Penkov; Smilena Hrusanova
‘Penkov, Markov and Partners are excellent experts in EU and competition law. They provide pragmatic and business-oriented advice to their clients.’
‘Penkov, Markov and Partners’ team members are easy to work with, outstanding experts in their area and always on time with assignments.’
CEZ Bulgarian Investment
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company
Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetique Bulgaria
Toto Costruzioni Generali
Casa del Caffè Vergnano
- Acted as local counsel to ČEZ Group on the sale of its Bulgarian assets to Inercom, and assisted with obtaining clearance for the merger.
- Represented Toto Costruzioni Generali before the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) in a case concerning the rights of contractors under public procurement contracts.
- Acted as Bulgarian counsel to Bulgartransgaz on obtaining merger clearance for the acquisition of a stake in Gastrade, the operator of a liquified natural gas terminal in northern Greece.
Schoenherr adopts a cross-sectoral approach to advising on the full suite of competition law matters, drawing on its expertise in, most notably, technology, manufacturing, retail, transport and energy. The firm’s international standing means it is well placed to handle complex, cross-border mandates; in a recent highlight, the team advised MET Group on competition law issues and merger clearance for the multi-jurisdictional acquisition of a large-scale wind park. The team is jointly led by associate Galina Petkova and Ilko Stoyanov.
Ilko Stoyanov; Galina Petkova
‘Galina Petkova and her team are knowledgeable and will always help you. They carefully listen to the client and take a pragmatic approach to resolving any issues.’
Carrier Global Corporation
Hisense Europe Holding
Bulgarian Telecommunications Company
Bosch Software Innovations
UNIQA Real Estate
- Advised IBH in relation to obtaining clearance for the acquisition of sole control over Bonatti.
- Advised Carrier Global Corporation in relation to obtaining merger clearance for the acquisition of Toshiba Carrier Corporation.
- Advising Vivacom on matters of antitrust law and unfair competition law.
Abuse of dominance, unfair trade practices, vertical and horizontal agreements, merger control, competition litigation, state aid and public procurement matters are but a few of the key focuses of the competition practice group at Wolf Theiss. The team acts for a litany of both international and domestic clients, and has a wealth of experience in cases in North Macedonia. The team has a robust track record of advising clients on multi-jurisdictional competition law matters. Anna Rizova heads the group, and is supported by ‘extraordinary lawyer’ Hristina Dzhevlekova.
Other key lawyers:
‘What makes Wolf Theiss unique is its people – a diverse (and united) group of strong individuals and knowledgeable professionals.’
‘Wolf Theiss lawyers stand out for their expertise, in-depth knowledge and approach to clients. Hrsitina Dzhevlekova is particularly worth noting – Hristina is responsive, efficient and able to meet tight deadlines. Her tailored approach to the client’s needs combined with a deep understanding of the client’s business is remarkable.’
‘The team members are excellent professionals and hardworking lawyers. They are very dedicated and are available 24/7.’
‘I have been working with Hristina Dzhevlekova on competition matters for many years. She is an extraordinary lawyer – client-oriented, efficient and precise in the works she does and the advice she delivers. You feel comfortable and confident with her work.’
‘Wolf Theiss are our longstanding and trusted adviser in Bulgaria for all competition mandates. The team comprises senior and highly skilled competition lawyers which is rare for the market. Hristina Dzhevlekova and Anna Rizova are truly experienced lawyers who understand the business background behind a project and strive to achieve the best solution. Hristina is our go-to lawyer – very responsive, totally meets client expectations and very professional.’
‘Both Hristina Dzhevlekova and Anna Rizova are excellent lawyers and highly recommended. They have the business background and industry knowledge which makes their advice practical and straight to the point. They are different from local law firms with deeper knowledge and more elegant solutions. Hristina makes working with her very easy for the client and handles highly complex projects and tight deadlines.’
Three Seas Investment Fund
Raiffeisen Bank International
Nis A.D. NOVI SAD (Gazprom Group)
DuPont de Nemours
- Assisted Three Seas Investment Fund SICAV-RIF with the preparation and filing of the merger notification for the acquisition of a significant shareholding in the Bulgarian Port of Burgas before the Bulgarian Commission on Protection of Competition.
- Acted as seller-side counsel to Raiffeisen Bank International in the process of obtaining merger clearance from the Bulgarian Commission on Protection of Competition for the sale of 100% of the shares of Raiffeisenbank (Bulgaria) EAD, comprising the client’s Bulgarian banking operations, to KBC Bank.
- Advising on and coordinating the merger notification proceedings in North Macedonia in relation to the merger between DuPont de Nemours and Rogers Corporation.
Ernst & Young Law Partnership offers clients expertise in merger control matters, but also handles contentious antitrust cases. The firm’s global status means that the team is in a good position to regularly handle cross-border mandates arising in the space. Three practitioners jointly head the practice: associate partner Svetlin Adrianov and senior associates Yura Mincheva and Irina Yaneva.
Svetlin Adrianov; Yura Mincheva; Irina Yaneva
Zlatna Panega Cement
DMK Deutsches Milchkontor
- Successfully defended Iventas before the Supreme Administrative Court in a case related to fines imposed on the client by the Bulgarian competition authority for prohibited vertical agreements.
Popov, Arnaudov & Partners
Popov, Arnaudov & Partners is known for its focus on merger control matters arising from M&A, abuse of dominant position, unlawful competition and cartel cases. The team possesses deep knowledge of EU law and regularly assists the government with the transposition of EU directives into local legislation. In a recent highlight, the team advised software company Sirma AI EAD on potential competition issues arising out of the acquisition of Saiunt, a fellow specialised technology company. In terms of key personnel, Hristo Koparanov jointly leads the practice alongside Emiliyan Arnaudov.
Hristo Koparanov; Emiliyan Arnaudov
SIRMA AI EAD
- Advised Sirma AI on the competition law aspects of the acquisition of Saiunt.
- Represented UniCredit Bulbank in a case involving EU law issues.
- Advised the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works on a case involving the EU law issues surrounding public procurement.
The EU and competition practice at boutique firm PPG Lawyers continues to grow, advising on antitrust matters relating to vertical restraints and abuse of dominant position, as well as advising on unfair competition cases. Merger control is also an increasing focus for the team, which is led by Mariya Papazova.
‘The experienced team of PPG Lawyers managed to set the whole process in motion and systematically worked through the transaction until it was accomplished.’
‘I worked with Mariya Papazova from PPG Lawyers, and her ability to handle matters with effective leadership and strong communication skills, as well as her capacity to keep us continually updated, made her stand out.’
‘The members of the PPG Lawyers competition team are experts with many years of experience in competition law and economics. The team is very well organised and offers great alternative billing models. They have a clear vision of how to develop the case from the very beginning and know which facts and pieces of evidence to emphasise. They explain complex matters in a clear and simple way so that it is easy for the client to understand the problem, the strategy and the solution. The team’s response time is almost immediate and each member of the team is very resourceful and reliable.’