The ‘excellent’ team of ‘capable lawyers’ that make up Marval O’Farrell Mairal's dispute resolution practice are praised for their ‘detailed experience and knowledge’ and ‘wide network’. The practice is a consistent presence in the biggest and most complex disputes in Argentina and has a stellar track record handling all types of litigation as well as local and international arbitration work. The firm litigates before all levels of Argentina’s courts and acts as counsel in commercial and investor-state arbitrations. Constitutional and administrative matters, as well as bankruptcy litigation, are also covered. Ricardo Ostrower, who is singled out for his ‘exhaustive legal analysis’ and ‘vast experience in litigation’, leads a deep bench of talent. The ‘extraordinary’ Julio César Rivera (h) focuses on commercial litigation, international and domestic commercial arbitration, insolvency and constitutional law; while Martín Campbell has expertise in commercial, business and labour law litigation. Santiago Soria has a strong energy and natural resources disputes practice, with civil and commercial litigation expert Rodrgio García and Elias Bestani -who has expertise in insurance, reinsurance, aviation and maritime disputes- also noted. The ‘extremely diligent’ litigation ‘guru’ Facundo Viel Temperley, who has a strong consumer practice, is also singled out by clients. The senior bench was further reinforced with the August-2022 appointment of arbitration and litigation practitioner Fernando M Alemany to the partnership; Martín Vainstein moved to Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton as an international associate the same month.
Dispute resolution in Argentina
‘The best law firm in Argentina for arbitration matters. The team of partners and associates is excellent.’
‘Ricardo Ostrower is simply excellent. A true team leader and one of the smartest lawyers I have ever worked with anywhere in the world. Julio Rivera Jr is an extraordinary lawyer who is extremely attentive to his clients. Julio has proven to be one of the stars of arbitration in Latin America.’
‘We hired Marval to handle a complex dispute with a third party in Argentina. Ricardo Ostrower’s exhaustive legal analysis of the case, his deep knowledge of the law and his vast experience in litigation were key factors in positioning us robustly in the dispute.‘
‘The complexity of the work carried out by Ricardo Ostrower and his team has been very high. The service provided is outstanding.’
‘Ricardo Ostrower is without a doubt the best trial lawyer in Argentina and Latin America. He defines the standard of professionalism and excellence in his area of practice.‘
‘Guillermo Pefaur is a highly professional and detail-oriented attorney.‘
‘A team of capable lawyers with a broad breadth of knowledge and expertise. Detailed experience and knowledge of the judicial system and a wide network.‘
‘Facundo Viel Temperley has immense gravitas and is a guru of litigation and associated legal procedure. Extremely diligent and a stickler for detail. Always up for the fight but cognisant of the commercial position.‘
Pan American Energy
- Representing Credit Suisse, as defendant, in a class action related to the world-famous Madoff fraud, involving the potential liability of Credit Suisse for negligence in its advisory services to its clients.
- Representing INC in a litigation related to the debt restructuring proceedings of real estate developer Rivera Desarrollos.
- Representing ATR in the repossession of two aircraft sold to Avian Lineas Aereas with retention of title.
‘Very orderly and methodical’, Beccar Varela has extensive dispute resolution and arbitration experience, advising plaintiffs and defendants. The firm handles complex litigation and corporate disputes across all stages of litigation, covering class actions and commercial and civil matters for domestic and global clients across multiple sectors. In arbitration the team is experienced in local and international arbitration, including investment cases. The practice is led by a quartet of partners. Gonzalo García Delatour handles civil and commercial litigation, insolvencies, bankruptcies and arbitrations; Eduardo José Güemes is an expert in complex civil and commercial litigation; Martín Gastaldi is a restructuring specialist and Federico Sosa‘s practice is centred on complex litigation, class actions, and insolvency and bankruptcy. A deep bench of disputes-specialised senior associates includes Pilar Lodewyckx Hardy, Fernando Kreser, Rocío Alejandra Labán, Sofía Deferrari, Victoria Rabasa and Máximo Capón.
Eduardo Güemes; Gonzalo García Delatour; Martín Gastaldi; Federico Sosa
‘The team gives excellent support and shows an understanding of the problems.’
‘Very orderly and methodical.’
‘Excellent customer service. A team of polite and considerate people.‘
Cooper Tire & Rubber
ENAP Sipetrol Argentina
Slade Gorton & Co
- Supporting Slade Gorton & Co in defence against a complex claim for freight on board invoices related to seafood shipped from Argentina.
Bomchil‘s ‘super professional’ dispute resolution practice advises multinational and domestic clients across a range of industries on litigation and international arbitration matters. The firm handles a broad range of work, including regulatory, commercial, civil and contentious administrative matters that include tariff controls, emergency measures, state market intervention and early termination of public contracts. International arbitration is an area of particular strength, with the firm playing a key role in Argentina’s adoption of legislation to regulate and promote modern arbitration in Argentina. ‘Professional performer’ Federico Campolieti co-leads the team alongside electricity and international arbitration expert María Inés Corrá and accomplished litigation lawyers Martín Torres Girotti and Francisco Gutiérrez , who also has a strong TMT practice. At senior associate level, Santiago Peña focuses on complex litigations and arbitration; and Melisa Romero on trial litigation, complex commercial conflicts and class actions in the areas of consumers law, banking, environmental and insurance law. The group has seen some churn at more junior levels but has nevertheless grown by three associates during the last 12 months.
Francisco Gutiérrez; Maria Ines Corrá; Federico Campolieti; Martin Torres Girotti
‘The team works very decisively and very quickly. Responsive and client focused.‘
‘Excellent advice and super professional analysis.’
‘Lawyers who take a holistic view of a company’s problems bring creative alternatives to the negotiating table.’
‘Federico Campoliieti is a very professional performer who demonstrates excellent knowledge arbitration proceedings.‘
ENEL (former Endesa)
Wintershall DEA Argentina
Peugeot Citroën Argentina
Aeropuertos Argentina 2000
PECOM Servicios Energía
Stoneway Capital Corporation
- Representing PECOM Servicios Energía in a post-M&A dispute with a state-owned company under UNCITRAL arbitration rules.
- Representing Amarilla Ingeniería del Valor in an arbitration against Vicentin Desarrollos involving a claim under a construction agreement for building a luxury residential tower in the province of Santa Fe.
- Advise Tallo Verde on several parallel legal actions initiated before both administrative bodies and federal courts related to a project to extend the largest uncovered landfill in the country, located in Luján.
Bruchou & Funes de Rioja advises on a broad range of dispute resolution and litigation matters coming before administrative authorities, judicial courts and arbitration tribunals. Contractual, bankruptcy, environmental, insurance claims, criminal cases, company-law conflicts and torts claims are all covered by a team that is particularly noted for the strength of its arbitration practice. The firm is regularly called on to support clients in complex international arbitration proceedings under ICC, ICSID, and UNCITRAL rules, and also handles the recognition and enforcement of international arbitration decisions before Argentine courts. Additionally, the practice frequently takes on matters coming before the permanent tribunal sitting at the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange. The team is led by former commercial court official Martín Beretervide, who is experienced in corporate and commercial bankruptcy litigation, with key support from respected litigator and arbitration expert, former judge Carlos Rotman; and Ignacio Minorini Lima, who works with clients on commercial and investment treaty disputes. Seniors Victoria Nadal and Martín Freier are the key associate contacts; the practice has, however, seen a number of associate departures, with Luis Tamborini, Emilia Rodríguez Rohwain and Martina Monti all undertaking their LLMs in the United States, and Tomás Ambrosini moving in house.
‘A team with a lot of knowledge of arbitration and always up-to-date on the latest developments in the field.’
‘Ignacio Minorini Lima is always accessible and understands the intricacies of arbitrations.‘
The AES Corporation
Minera Andina del Sol, Linecorp, Barrick Exploraciones Argentina
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Johnson & Johnson Medical
Envision Energy International
AES Argentina Generación
Papel del Tucumán
HSBC Private Bank
Hydro Extrusion Argentina
- Advising Minera Andina del Sol, Linecorp and Barrick Exploraciones Argentina in a dispute related to the construction of electricity transmission infrastructure from the international border with Chile to the Veladero Mine.
- Advised Goldwind on the pre-dispute stage and in five arbitration proceedings before the ICC related to the construction of five wind farm projects.
- Assisting AES Corporation in an ICSID arbitration filed against the Republic of Argentina in connection with AES’s investment in several power generation companies.
‘Exceptional litigator’ David Gurfinkel and experienced arbitrator Cristian Fox co-lead an Allende & Brea dispute resolution practice that is best known for its work on complex litigation and commercial arbitration matters. The firm is particularly strong in class action suits, with a focus on the financial and insurance sectors. Clients note the team’s ability to provide ‘innovative solutions for resolving legal conflicts’. Other areas of expertise include shareholder and commercial conflicts, antitrust-related litigation and intellectual property disputes and litigation. Experienced senior associate Diego Paz Saravia has left the practice to take up a position with the Juez Nacional de Primera Instancia (commercial).
David Gurfinkel; Cristian Fox
‘David Gurfinkel is an exceptional litigator capable of developing different lines of argument.’
‘The lawyers at Allende & Brea are highly capable and prepared professionals. They are very dedicated and attentive, and constantly seek to provide innovative solutions for resolving legal conflicts.‘
‘A well organised team of highly trained lawyers who are always up-to-date.‘
‘David Gurfinkel has a dedicated and excellent relationship with his clients. Diana Mascheroni also provides great service.‘
BBVA Banco Frances
Caja de Seguros
Chubb & Son
ATM Compañía de Seguros
Minera del Altiplano – Livent Corporation
Mastercard Cono Sur
- Representing Metlife Group in several class action lawsuits filed by consumer protection associations regarding claims and payouts.
- Advised Chubb Argentina de Seguros in a conflict related to the determination of damages arising from the termination of construction and concession agreements with SOCMER.
- Representing and assisting Caja de Seguros in a class action claim filed by a consumers association.
Baker McKenzie handles complex litigation, domestic and international arbitration, and insolvency and bankruptcy matters. The ‘business-driven’ team also undertakes compliance investigations and is well known for its preventative and post-litigation reviews, helping clients to avoid or reduce litigation costs. Construction cases and energy disputes are two key practice segments, with media, pharmaceuticals and retail among the other industry sectors where the firm is active. Luis Dates, who represents clients in complex, multidisciplinary litigation, leads the practice. Santiago Maqueda Fourcade, who was made partner in 2021, and Fernando Goldaracena, who heads the firm’s white collar crime division, are other notable names.
‘The team is business-driven and ready and willing to act quickly and support the clients on the matters that require their attention.’
Wal-Mart, Carrefour and La Anónima
Procter & Gamble
Tonichi Travel Service Co
Companhia Vale do Rio Doce
- Representing Twitter in a multimillion-dollar defamation lawsuit filed by a former model and public figure.
- Acting for Biogen Argentina, as defendant, in a complaint filed by a private medical insurer.
- Counselled and advised supermarket chains Wal-Mart, Carrefour and La Anónima in seeking to suspend and nullify an ordinance passed by the Municipality of Puerto Madryn.
‘Extremely professional’, Martínez de Hoz & Rueda's dispute resolution practice is led by ‘superb’ founding partner José Martínez De Hoz, an arbitration specialist, and the ‘brilliant’ Francisco Amallo, who focuses on international and domestic commercial arbitration, investment arbitration and international law. The team represents clients in high-stakes disputes that involve complex transactions and multiple contracts, not infrequently involving parallel proceedings in different jurisdictions. The firm is particularly strong in international investment and commercial arbitration and is comfortable handling cases under a range of different arbitration rules, including ICC, AAA/ICDR, LCIA, ICSID and UNCITRAL. The energy sector is a key area of work, with the team advising global energy companies on landmark international litigations in Argentina related to the annulment and enforcement of arbitral awards.
José Martínez de Hoz; Francisco Amallo
‘Francisco Amallo is a brilliant lawyer who is extremely responsive and very easy and pleasant to work with. In particular, he is a very good arbitrator.‘
‘Jose Martinez de Hoz has a great reputation and is a superb lawyer. Francisco Amallo brings a fresh energy into the team. I have seen them in action in arbitration proceedings and other projects and highly recommend their work.’
‘They are extremely professional, always available and have always sound legal judgment.’
‘Jose Martínez de Hoz and Francisco Amallo are outstanding.’
‘The lawyers understand processes in detail and are experienced in the design of the procedural strategy.‘
Pan American Energy
Petroquímica Comodoro Rivadavia
Task Force Argentina
Task Force Argentina
- Advise and represent YPF in an ongoing claim initiated by TGN in relation to YPF payments under a gas transportation agreement.
- José Martínez de Hoz was appointed as arbitrator by the Mexican telecom company América Móvil in an investment dispute against Colombia under ICSID rules.
- José Martínez de Hoz is acting as arbitrator appointed by a group of US investors in the petroleum industry in a dispute with Nicaragua before ICSID.
Mitrani Caballero & Ruiz Moreno Abogados litigates on civil and commercial matters and advises clients across a range of administrative procedures. The team also undertakes contentious work related to labour, IP, regulatory issues, insurance and tax, and is often sought out to defend clients in class actions initiated by consumer associations. The practice handles matters at all levels of the Argentine justice system and is also active in domestic and international institutional arbitration proceedings. Conflict prevention and management is another strong area. The practice is co-lead by Horacio Ruiz Moreno, who specialises in administrative law, public services regulation, arbitration and mediation; and Cristian Krüger, an expert in administrative law, public contracting and regulation. Experienced public law specialist Rafael González Arzac provides additional partner-level support, with corporate partner Carlos Trogolo Eliçabe, who also has an active civil and commercial litigation practice, another key name.
Horacio Ruiz Moreno; Cristian Krüger
Manufactura de Motores Argentinos
Robert Bosch Argentina Industrial
Svitzer / Maersk
Bankruptcy and dispute resolution boutique Naveira Truffat Martínez Abogados (NTMA) focuses primarily on commercial litigation in relation to bankruptcy and restructuring cases. Commercial litigation lawyer Daniel Truffat leads the firm’s dispute resolution practice alongside Oscar Martínez, an expert in advisory, corporate assistance and disputes matters. Valentín Tomás Martínez is another notable team member, handling contentious and non-contentious corporate, bankruptcy and reorganisation proceedings.
Daniel Truffat; Oscar Martínez
Cladd Industria Textil Argentina
King & Spalding
Franco Siciliano Y Renzo Siciliano
- Assisted Inversora Recoleta in a lawsuit against various banks related to a share transfer.
- Retained by Euro, a producer of natural casings for processed food products, to represent them in their defence of a dmages lawsuit initiated in 2019 by Syntex for improper termination of contract.
- Represented Pekos in a claim against the Automovil Club Argentino for the unlawful termination of a 30-year concession contract.
O’Farrell ‘s disputes offerings a full array of conflict resolution, including litigation, arbitration processes, mediation and negotiation, and extrajudicial conciliation. The firm has a strong roster of clients in the energy, healthcare and automotive sectors and has also developed a track record for advising start-ups on contentious matters. The team is particularly noted for handling class actions, damages claims, automotive product-liability matters and industrial patents disputes. Experienced litigator Francisco Astolfi fronts the team with key support from public law partner María Agustina Fanelli Evans and an experienced second line of associates that includes Federico Daurat, Dolores Soler and Juan Matienzo.
Ford Motor Company
Plan Ovalo De Ahorro Para Fines Determinados
Medicus De Asistencia Médica Y Científica
Grupo Concesionario Del Oeste
Cuore Consumer Research
Cuore Consumer Research
Brown International Corporation
Latinoamericana De Energia
Set Logistica y Transportes
- Representing Transener in claims regarding damages caused by electricity transmission infrastructure.
- Represented Brown International Corporation as a plaintiff for the alleged violation of the rights protected by an industrial patent; the mandate involved initiating lawsuits in different provinces against manufacturers and several companies that acquired machines in violation of industrial property rights.
- Assumed the defence of Latinoamericana de Energía (and its related companies) in legal proceedings and an arbitration process for warranty breaches in renewable energy supply contracts stipulated by the Ministry of Economy and Mining.
‘Highly professional’, Pérez Alati, Grondona, Benites & Arntsen's dispute resolution practice stands out for its ‘excellent service’. Investment arbitration and domestic and international commercial arbitration are key areas of focus for the practice, which also handles complex litigation proceedings in a broad array of commercial and public law disputes, at both federal and provincial levels. The team is co-led by litigation expert Lautaro Ferro; Luis Incera, who focuses on litigation, insolvency and bankruptcy, and family law; and Arnaldo Cisilino, who is known for his work across civil and commercial litigation, class actions, technology, data protection and privacy matters. Guillermo Quiñoa, who displays ‘technical and conceptual clarity’, is another key name. The firm added to its second line with the hire of Jonathan Lopez Quinteros from Grispo & Asociados, although associate Raquel Rodriguez left to join Barreiro, Oliva, De Luca, Jaca, Nicastro.
Lautaro Ferro; Luis Incera; Arnaldo Cisilino
‘The team is highly professional and stands out for its excellent service. The department emphasises diversity and personalised customer service.’
‘Guillermo Quiñoa is an exceptional lawyer who displays technical and conceptual clarity.‘
Molinos Rio De La Plata
Old World Industries
Honda Motor De Argentina
Hewlett Packard Argentina
Louis Dreyfus Commodities Argentina
Sinopec Argentina Exploration and Production
Banco Santander Rio
Central De Restaurantes
Johnson & Johnson
Papelera Del Plata
Petrolera El Trébol
- Advised Genneia on the fulfilment of a contract and collection of exchange differences relating to the Mercado Eléctrico Mayorista contracts executed with Cammesa.
- Represented Mercado Libre in several key litigation cases in the Commercial Court of Appeals, regarding liability for products offered on its online platform.
- Assisted Cencosud in filing a legal action and a precautionary measure against the government challenging Decree No. 2021/21, which ordered the suspension and closure of shopping centres and shopping malls in Buenos Aires.
Salaverri, Burgio & Wetzler Malbran
Salaverri, Burgio & Wetzler Malbran handles a full range of dispute resolution mandates, covering litigation at all levels of the court system, domestic and international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. Clients praise the practice, which is particularly strong in the energy and financial services sectors, for its ‘high analytical capacity’ and ‘ability to respond to complex problems’. Name partner and ‘outstanding’ litigation and arbitration expert Damián Burgio co-leads the team alongside fellow founding partner Germán Wetzler Malbrán, whose practice is focused 0n litigation, commercial arbitration and commercial law. Administrative law, economic regulation and energy law specialist Santiago Garcia Mira is another key name, with Matías Rivera, who handles dispute resolution, litigation, commercial arbitrations and commercial law matters, also prominent.
Damián Burgio; Germán Wetzler Malbrán
‘The team provides high quality service and is effective in dispute matters.‘
‘Damian Burgio and Matías Rivera are outstanding professionals in the firm. Their experience and the value they offer makes them a team that is difficult to match.‘
‘The team takes a comprehensive view of a case that extends beyond the legal aspects. They consider all the different aspects and implications for the client.‘
‘Excellence in litigation matters. The team solves problems efficiently and quickly.’
‘They stand out for their deep knowledge and extensive experience in litigation. The team has a high analytical capacity, and ability to respond to complex problems.‘
Orígenes Seguros de Retiro
Invertir en Bolsa
- Counsel to the defendant, Edenor, in restructuring proceedings.
- Counsel to defendant, Orígenes Seguros, in a collective action initiated by a non-profit association.
- Counsel to Metrogas regarding a breach of contract litigation against Transportadora de Gas del Norte.
Tavarone, Rovelli, Salim & Miani represents clients in all types of litigation, including domestic and international arbitration, class actions, insolvency proceedings and general commercial litigation. The team is noted for its work with financial services and energy clients, and is especially strong in contract breaches emerging out of bankruptcy scenarios; and in seeking recognition and enforcement of international arbitration rulings before Argentine courts. Experienced commercial and civil litigation lawyer Mariano Rovelli, who also has expertise in arbitration and shareholder litigation, co-leads a tightly-knit team alongside administrative proceedings and commercial litigation practitioner Eugenia Pracchia, who also provides preventative and regulatory advice.
Mariano Rovelli; Eugenia Pracchia
‘The partners work with great professionalism and responsibility, providing advance information on legislative and jurisprudential developments.
‘The firm stands out for its professionalism and pragmatism. All the professionals are excellent.’
‘Mariano Rovelli and Eugenia Pracchia stand out for their professionalism and pragmatism when dealing with any defence. They go the extra mile and always act with responsibility and ethics’
AON Risk Services
BACS Banco de Crédito y Securitización
Compañía Financiera Argentina
HSBC Global Asset Management Argentina
Termoeléctrica José de San Martín
Termoeléctrica Manuel Belgrano
- Counsel to a domestic agribusiness company in a matter before the Central Bank in a highly complex FX criminal proceeding against the company and its directors.
- Advise a number of banks and financial institutions, including BBVA Argentina, Banco Macro and Banco Industrial, in class action cases filed against them related to interest rates, fees and credit life insurance matters.
- Advise several banks and companies in general administrative proceedings filed with national and local authorities, as well as criminal FX claims before the Federal Courts.
Abeledo Gottheil Abogados
The ‘first-rate’ Abeledo Gottheil Abogados advises a range of high profile clients on international and domestic arbitration and litigation. The firm’s arbitration practice is a key area of focus, with the team securing favourable awards before ICSID tribunals and assisting clients in ICC hearings, as well as before the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange Arbitral Tribunal. The practice is co-led by experienced energy and dispute resolution lawyer Luis Erize, litigation expert Rodrigo Blas Hernández and the ‘consistently outstanding’ Hernán Martín Oriolo, who has a strong track record in arbitration and litigation work in the oil-and-gas, infrastructure and construction sectors.
Luis Alberto Erize; Hernán Martín Oriolo; Rodrigo Blas Hernández
‘A team of lawyers who are technically very solid. A first-rate firm when it comes to complex litigation matters.’
‘The enormous experience they have in litigation, combined with their interaction with internal legal teams, is very difficult to match.‘
‘We have an excellent and extensive professional relationship with the firm. Hernán Martín Oriolo has an excellent understanding of a client’s needs, assisting not only in dispute resolution but also in corporate matters. His performance has been consistently outstanding.‘
Compañía General de Combustibles
SA San Miguel Global
- Assisted Total with an ICSID international investment treaty claim against Argentina concerning upstream and mid-stream oil and gas, and thermal and hydro-power generation.
- Legal advice to the Asociación del Fútbol Argentino regaring the termination of a soccer television contract and rights granted in favour of Fox, due to the merger of 21st Century Fox and the Walt Disney Company.
- Legal advice and representation of YPF in several lawsuit filed against the company.
Barreiro, Oliva, De Luca, Jaca, Nicastro
Barreiro, Oliva, De Luca, Jaca, Nicastro is known for its ‘extensive experience in complex litigation’ and ‘innovative’ approach to addressing client requirements. The team handles a broad range of litigation and commercial and investment arbitration work, advising on all aspects of a disputes including negotiation strategy, dispute resolution clauses, precautionary judicial measures, local judicial proceedings and settlement agreements. Technology, commercial contracts, telecommunications and construction have accounted for much of the firm’s recent work, but the team has also been active in energy disputes, debt restructurings and digital payments. Founding partner and arbitration expert Juan Pablo De Luca leads the practice, which strengthened its ranks with the early-2022 hire of associates Fernando Ayala and Raquel Rodriguez from Kuehne + Nagel and Pérez Alati, Grondona, Benites & Arntsen, respectively.
Juan Pablo De Luca
‘The firm provides an excellent service, The team is innovative and always trying to put itself in the client’s shoes.‘
‘The firm provides creative solutions, stays current and understands customer concerns.’
‘Clear and empathetic communicators, who try to solve situations in a simple way.’
‘An excellent team with extensive experience in complex litigation.‘
‘The practice shows resilience and the ability to continually adapt and improve.’
‘The lawyers anticipate problems and respond quickly.‘
‘Notable experience in construction disputes and Argentine law.‘
‘R Barreiro: profound knowledge of the construction sector and its legal problems; JP de Luca – an expert litigator who transmits calmness and great knowledge.‘
Beretta Godoy represents clients before judicial, administrative and arbitration courts and tribunals. The practice also advises on strategies to expedite settlements through alternative dispute resolution platforms. The team stands out particularly for its experience in the protection of foreign investments under bilateral investment treaties, as well as its international and domestic commercial arbitration work. Complex commercial and natural resources litigation before Argentine courts is another strong area. The practice is led by founding partner Federico Godoy, who has a strong track record in power, energy, toll road and mining disputes; and Juan Sonoda, a specialist in energy and natural resources, foreign investment, international business transactions and dispute resolution.
Federico Godoy; Juan Sonoda
‘Beretta Godoy’s lawyers demonstrate solid knowledge in debt collection and Argentine procedural law.‘
‘Joaquín Carrillo is kind, attentive and studious.‘
República Federativa del Brasil
Perfect Vision Manufacturing
Compañía Minera Solitario
Litio Minera Argentina
Minera Agua Rica
Proyectos Pastos Grandes
- Representing Estelar Resources in an ‘amparo’ action filed against the state to declare the imposition of an export duty on certain minerals unconstitutional.
- Assisted Litio Minera Argentina on a lithium mining project, helping to prevent the unlawful application of export duties.
- Represented Minas Argentinas in an ‘amparo’ action filed against the state to declare the imposition of an export duty on certain minerals unconstitutional.
Brons & Salas
Brons & Salas' dispute resolution team handles domestic and international arbitration, as well as advising clients on litigious matters, where the firm’s work in electricity and power disputes is of particular note. The practice covers all phases of the dispute process, including pre-trial negotiations and mediation. The trio of exerienced litigator Pablo Brusco, arbitration expert Joaquin Vallebella and administrative law specialist Sebastián Alvarez co-lead the team, which clients praise for its ‘commitment, dedication, and openness to carry out highly complex analysis’.
Pablo Brusco; Joaquín Vallebella; Sebastián Álvarez
‘A team that shows commitment, dedication, and openness to carry out highly complex analysis. Very good client interaction.‘
‘Guillermo Malm Green is extremely receptive when evaluating a case. Sebastian Alvarez gives opinions based on well-founded judgment and criteria.‘
Mercedes Benz Argentina
WPP Group Companies
Hyundai Motors Argentina
Fortescue Metals Group
- Advised Cammesa on a lawsuit filed against the Province of Neuquén’s distribution company claiming payments for electricity provided.
- Advising Cammesa in an UNCITRAL arbitration brought against it by Enerlimp.
- Assisted the Gallifrey Foundation with a class action to have the Argentine government take measures to avoid marine ecosystem damage and fisheries depletion by industrial fleets in Argentine waters.
Bulló Abogados' dispute resolution practice has experience across a range of disputes but is best known for its specialist expertise in the insurance sector, where it advises insurers and reinsurers across a variety of matters including product liability and medical malpractice. Class action work is another active segment. Gastón Gómez Buquerín, Diego Alonso and Gustavo Torassa are the main points of contact for contentious matters.
Gastón Gómez Buquerín; Diego Alonso; Gustavo Torassa
CDC Capparelli, D‘Angelo & Caputo Abogados
CDC Capparelli, D‘Angelo & Caputo Abogados' dispute resolution team is led by a trio of experienced practitioners who provide a boutique service focused on complex commercial law disputes. Name partner Leandro Caputo has more than 25 years' dispute resolution experience and worked in Argentina’s commercial courts for a number of years before moving into practice and building up an impressive track record in international arbitration. Fellow name partner Santiago Capparelli is also experienced in arbitration matters, in addition to handling disputes coming before federal and provincial courts. Name partner Florencia D’Angelo is the youngest of the firm’s founders and is strong in commercial litigation; he has particular expertise in the pharmaceuticals sector. Since its April 2020 launch, the practice has advised clients in the oil-and-gas, energy, pharmaceuticals, port logistics and air cargo sectors, among others.
Leandro Caputo; Santiago Capparelli; Florencia D’Angelo
Cerolini & Ferrari Abogados' dispute resolution practice is led by firm co-founder Matias Ferrari, who has extensive dispute resolution experience advising on class actions (primarily against consumer associations), administrative proceedings and complex litigation and arbitration for damages and breach-of-contract. The team advises clients from a range of sectors – including life sciences, technology and financial services – on matters ranging from class actions and torts to litigation, arbitration and administrative proceedings. Associates Julieta Santillan and Camila Di Marino provide key support, although senior associate Josefina Dantur moved to Lisola Abogados in December 2021.
American Express Argentina
Banco de Servicios Financieros
- Advising Biosidus on several commercial matters, including litigation related to export contracts, unpaid invoices and addressing conflicts in pre-judicial and judicial stages.
- Represent AMEX, the local branch of American Express, in commercial and consumer law disputes.
- Represented Mercado Libre in various commercial and consumer law disputes.
The DLA Piper Argentina dispute resolution practice represents local and foreign entities in a broad range of disputes. The team handles civil, commercial and administrative litigation, as well as advising on domestic and international arbitration. Shareholder disputes are a particular area of expertise. Litigator Alberto Rubio -who also has extensive labour law experience and has advised on debt restructurings and bankruptcies- heads the practice, with support from associates Florencia Fabio and María Florencia Labarile. Mariana Lozza moved to the public sector as a Director at the Treasury's Attorney General's Office.
Empresa Argentina de Navegación Aérea
Lumen Technologies/ Century Link
Aires del Sur
Juan Pablo Guaita
Trust & Investment Administration
TIG Insurance Company
- Represented NASA (the owner of three nuclear power plants in Argentina), in arbitration proceedings against Argentine construction company TGLT regarding related to a complex construction project.
- Represent dairy company Lactalis International in a dispute against Goodies, a company distributing Lactalis products in Argentina since 1997.
- Represented EANA, a company belonging to the Argentine Ministry of Transport, in an UNCITRAL arbitration proceeding related to a dispute over the leasing of two aircraft.
ECIJA Argentina represents Argentine and international clients in all stages of litigation before federal and local courts. The practice advises on civil, commercial, tax, and labour and employment litigation, and also handles administrative proceedings with federal, provincial and local agencies. Bankruptcy, extrajudicial pre-emptive schemes of settlement, and debt restructuring are additional areas of coverage, with the team also known for its expertise in the recovery and protection of assets. The practice is co-lead by Diego Martinotti, who litigates in commercial, civil, labour and administrative cases; corporate and commercial litigation lawyer Angeles Bernachea and Santiago Viglierchio, who handles civil and commercial litigation, debt negotiation, corporate disputes, consumer protection and anti-trust law.
Diego Martinotti; Angeles Bernachea; Santiago Viglierchio
‘They are an agile team that is close to the client and results-oriented.‘
Matisa Materiel Industriel
CGM Leasing Argentina
Trumpf Finance (Schweiz)
Deutsche Autoteile und Zubehor Argentina
Rockwell Automation Argentina
- Advised Matisa Materiel Industriel on litigation related to payment terms against three public contractor companies.
- Advised Enerray in litigation with the Argentine government related to contract terminations.
- Advised CGM Leasing and its majority shareholders in a dispute with board members and minority shareholders.
Estudio Bunge represents national and international clients before federal and provincial courts, as well as in domestic and global arbitral proceedings. The practice has experience handling contractual breaches in relation to public works, damage claims, medical malpractice, tort liability and company and shareholder disputes. The team has also, on occasion, represented the Argentine state in civil and commercial disputes. Litigation expert and name partner Diego Bunge co-leads the disputes group with Eduardo Puig, who handles litigation, arbitration and bankruptcy proceedings. Carlos A Nogueira, whose expertise lies in civil and commercial contract law and general corporate matters, is another key name. The firm also recently raised litigation and arbitration specialist Juan Cornejo to the partnership.
Diego Bunge; Eduardo Luchia Puig
Sociedad italiana de Beneficencia
Dragados y Obras Portuarias
Sisteco Sistemas de Computación
Inversiones en Clubs de Campo
Valle de Las Leñas
San Eliseo Management
Hope, Duggan & Silva
Experienced arbitration lawyer Hugo Vivot leads a Hope, Duggan & Silva dispute resolution practice that handles investment treaty and commercial arbitration disputes. Partner Juan Duggan and Jose Bo are additional key names in a practice that also has expertise in civil actions emerging from liquidation proceedings. The team has also worked on labour union and tax disputes, and is called on by clients for ongoing advice on disputes with national, provincial and local government agencies.
DDB Worldwide/TBWA Worldwide/Omnicom Group
JP Morgan Chase Bank National Association
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA)
Banco BBVA Argentina
Buongiorno My Alert
Pyxus International/Alliance One International
Sikeston/VR Capital Group
International Container Terminal Services
- Counsel to JP Morgan Chase Bank as a shareholder of Banco General de Negocios.
- Advising Sikedon and VR Capital Group in arbitration related to the drafting of a shareholder agreement.
- Advising International Container Terminal Services (ICTSI) in an array of disputes.
Lorente & Lopez Abogados
Lorente & Lopez Abogados‘s strength in bankruptcy and restructuring sees the firm advise clients on disputes emerging from bankruptcy and restructuring processes, with the practice particularly noted for its expertise in side proceedings involving dispute resolution with creditors. The team’s work in this specialised area is co-led by highly respected insolvency lawyer Javier Armando Lorente; Ariel Di Bártolo, who advises companies on complex corporate reorganisations; and experienced dispute resolution and restructuring practitioner Mariana Russo.
Javier Lorente; Ariel Di Bártolo; Mariana Russo
Necxus Negocios Informáticos
Costruzioni Meccaniche Luigi Bandera
Compañía Argentina de Alimentos
Grupo Uno Medios
- Advising Costruzioni Meccaniche Luigi Bandera in an ongoing arbitration proceeding related to a breach of contract.
- Assisted Veinfer in excluding the vote of a creditor to allow the company to reorganise its liabilities and achieve approval of the preventive agreement.
- Handles litigation across various cases for Sancor Seguros and Prevención ART.
Nicholson y Cano Abogados advises clients across a broad range of dispute resolution matters, acting in anti-trust, insurance litigation, bankruptcy and creditor rights matters. The team also handles civil and commercial litigation, administrative proceedings and alternative dispute resolution, as well as the enforcement of foreign arbitral judgements and awards in Argentina. The experienced quartet of Luis Bullrich, Juan Santiago Mollard, Juan Manuel Sampietro and Gonzalo Esses co-lead the practice.
Luis Bullrich; Juan Santiago Mollard; Juan Manuel Sampietro; Gonzalo Esses
Noetinger & Armando
Best known for it IP focus Noetinger & Armando also advises clients on consumer law, dispute resolution and complex litigation, with the financial services, aviation and retail industries among its key sectors. Miguel Armando co-leads the practice alongside Juan Pringles. Armando handles complex litigation and class actions and is particularly known for his expertise in industrial and intellectual property disputes; while Pringles specialises in consumer rights litigation and class actions, and also coordinates the firm’s appearances in administrative and judicial proceedings.
Miguel Armando; Juan Pringles
Pozo Gowland Abogados
Pozo Gowland Abogados is experienced in handling contentious matters in administrative, extrajudicial, judicial and arbitration proceedings. The firm’s dispute resolution practice, co-led by energy and litigation lawyer Ramón Zubiaurre and damages law specialist Gustavo Campobassi , represents clients in all types of civil, commercial and administrative litigation and has a particularly strong track record in energy and power disputes. The practice also handles domestic and international arbitrations.
Ramón Zubiaurre; Gustavo Campobassi
Transportadora de Gas del Sur
Central Dock Sud
Norte Grande Eléctrico
Enel Generación Chocón
Enel Generación Costanera
Integración Energética Argentina
Termoeléctrica Manuel Belgrano
Molino Juan Semino
Caminos del Río Uruguay
- Representing EDENOR in a lawsuit filed by National Electricity Regulatory Authority (ENRE) for the payment of fines.
- Advised Caminos del Río Uruguay, a concessionaire of road corridor 18, in a lawsuit requesting the rescission of its contract and compensation for damages produced.
- Represents Cincovial in a lawsuit against the national government for the breach of a road concession contract.
Wiener Soto Caparrós
Wiener Soto Caparrós handles a range of dispute resolution matters for local and international clients, including international arbitration, business torts, intellectual property, distribution and agency disputes, consumer lawsuits, and tax and antitrust litigation. The team, led by litigation and arbitration lawyer Gonzalo Soto, is also known for its specialist expertise in employment litigation and collective bargaining disputes.
Coca-Cola Andina Argentina
Helmerich & Payne
McCain Argentina and McCain Foods
Giumarra International Berry
Regus Management de Argentina
- Representing Rai Europe, a distributor of European rail products, in a dispute with a local travel agency for payment default related to commissions for train ticket sales.
- Representing Franco-Argentine agro seed company RAGT Seeds as lead creditor in a dispute against Agropecuaria Norte for dishonoured checks.
- Represent Coca-Cola Andina Argentina in administrative claims and consumer and product liability cases in Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Entre Ríos, Mendoza, Neuquén, and Río Negro, many of which involve alleged bottle tampering.