DMH Stallard LLP > Horsham, England > Firm Profile
DMH Stallard LLP Offices
DMH Stallard LLP > The Legal 500 RankingsDMH Stallard LLP’s corporate/M&A team at Gatwick is led by Jonathan Grant and John Yates. The regional team has seen a significant increase in PE deals as well as deals with a value exceeding £20m. On the corporate side, Jonathan Grant, Abigail Owen, Helen Mead, and the newly recruited Mark Diamond are well known for being able to ‘fully understand the aims of the transaction and where they can add value’. On the commercial side, John Yates’ previous career in the music industry enables him to establish strong relationships with many media clients. Debbie Venn has strong expertise in the travel sector.
Jonathan Grant; John Yates
‘The firm has a unique strength in the way project work is handled collectively using the skills on each project. For instance, for a transaction we used the firms partners’ skills in tax, HR, data protection and although a partner was only involved in part of the transaction he/she was always fully briefed. We never had to start again or get other partners up to speed.’
‘The DMH Stallard team are innovative thinkers who are ready to work under pressure in order to meet client deadlines. They offer robust feedback and advice to important and potentially contentious issues, drawing on the expertise of other members in the company to access the best advice.’
‘Debbie Venn managed our initial interview in a very professional and friendly way. She showed a genuine interest in the needs and goals of the client, in order to conducting a deep thorough analysis needed, to produce a quotation. In comparison, other solicitors I had vetted for the work failed to gain my confidence because they were too quick to issue a quotation when they had not understood the full scope of work to be done.’
‘Their key strength was that support was always available, but they also spent time to fully understand the aims of the transaction and where they could add value.’
‘Debbie Venn is good at looking at the commercial aspect behind the contract and is able to use simple language to explain technical terms.’
‘Excellent knowledge sharing and communication. Mark Diamond and his team is capable of picking up most challenging situations.’
‘Mark Diamond has always applied a professional approach. Great communicator and understands the issues quickly. I will continue to use his services throughout my career. Excellent support through a share purchase amongst other things.’
‘Mark Diamond goes the extra mile to understand our business. He is flexible in arranging meetings and sets things out simply in non legal language.’
E-zec Medical Transport
Grob & Co Holdings Ltd/Hotchkiss
Canon UK Ltd / Canon Europe Ltd
Aspen Pumps Ltd
Straumann UK Ltd
Roja Parfums Holdings Ltd
- Acted for the successful Independent Financial Advisory and Wealth Management business, Skerritt Consultants Limited (‘Skerritts’) and its founder, Richard Skerritt, on a significant investment by private equity ‘buy and build’ specialists, Sovereign Capital Partners.
- Acted for the shareholders of Gutter Games Ltd, a fast growing Dorset-based games publisher and creator which launched in August 2017, in relation to the sale of shares to US giant, Perch (Whale LLC).
- Advising Canon UK in relation to sale/lease of its printing equipment and complex print machines, drafting contracts relating to the sale and use of the equipment and software / services, TUPE and staffing matters, deeds of indemnity, lease arrangements for IT equipment and advising on data protection matters.
Oliver Jackson; Simon Elcock
Other key lawyers:
‘Friendly and personal service.’
‘Advice is based on the best possible results for our company.’
Allard Bailey Family Law
Bailey Total Building Envelope
Banque et Caisse D’epargne De L’Etat Luxembourg
CAE (UK) Plc
Gemini Print Southern Limited
Glass’s Information Services Limited
Heidelberg Graphic Equipment Limited
Kensington & Chelsea
MSR Partners LLP (formerly Moore Stephens LLP)
Penfold Verrall Limited
HGS Southern Ltd
Leica Camera UK
POP Retail Limited
Rossetts (UK) Limited
STA International Ltd
- Assisting joint administrators with book debt collections.
- Undertaking debt recovery in respect of a company’s own unpaid professional service fees.
- Acting as sole provider for debt recovery services in respect of a company’s unpaid invoices for debtors based in England and Wales.
‘Breadth and depth of knowledge, there is always someone who is an expert in their field.’
‘I have always found that DMH Stallard have been very approachable and always offer practical and useful solutions to any issues I have.’
‘The DMH team have provided us with outstanding service for several years. Despite being a large firm they know us well and provide a personalised service.’
‘DMH Stallard’s team is based on proven expertise which is judiciously applied to resolve intractable legal issues – particularly around a long-running employment dispute. Their willingness to maintain a resolute legal response to the challenges of a serial litigant-in-person with good humour and a client-first approach is to be commended.’
‘Abigail Maino understands us as a client, knows what our challenges are and has a pragmatic, scalable approach.’
‘Abigail Maino is very pragmatic and understands how we operate. She is always willing to put herself out and is often available at very short notice. Her advice is always very reliable and she uses other contacts to assist us with matters that she cannot advise on.’
‘Adam Williams: – accessible – strong professional knowledge – capability to translate law discourses in understandable and adaptable content – capability to connect law and business purposes’
‘Adam Williams great at advisory and lays out approach in an easy to understand fashion, makes him a great collaborative referral.’
The National Lottery Heritage Fund
Sussex County Cricket Club
Change Grow Live
- Advised Eatbigfish LLP (London-based marketing and brand agency with clients across the globe) and its founding members, on the exit of the individual who led their US operation and was a member of their UK LLP.
- Advised an international manufacturing business with a complex project to integrate and transpose into UK law existing bonus plans and handbook policies, and to introduce new UK terms of employment for UK country manager and its most senior sales staff.
- Advised Roja Parfums Holdings Ltd, a luxury perfume brand, with the appointment of a new CEO of the business and with the transitioning of the existing board of directors into non-executive roles as part of a complex succession plan for the business.
Arbuthnot Commercial Asset Based Lending Limited
- Acted for a leading UK bank in relation to preparing two development facility agreements.
- Advised a client in the social housing space on a new CBILS facility provided by a UK Bank.
- Acted for Arbuthnot Commercial Asset Based Lending Limited in relation to the provision of facilities to UK Security Doors.
Lorna Fairbairn; Michael Derrick
Other key lawyers:
Bryan Dean; Kerry Young; Stuart Price; Marian Merritt
‘Accessible, well-resourced and probably more strength in depth than most of the Surrey/Sussex competition. Willing to think “tax”, which many firms just are not.’
‘The practice has been prompt and attentive to our needs throughout. They have proactively advised and guided us through the technical aspects of probate but have always been respectful and sensitive to the emotional side of the process.’
‘Always prompt in answering queries and initiating and following up action with the appropriate authorities. There is a range of partners so between them they can provide specialist knowledge in a wide range of legal areas.’
‘All the work that has been carried out for me, both personally and for the clients which I have introduced, has been handled in a first class and professional manner. In over 30 years there have been no problems, issues or negative comments.’
‘Lorna Fairbairn – extremely professional, helpful, informative and supportive.’
‘Kerry Young (Associate) is always available when I want her and is very good at replying to phone and email messages.’
‘Bryan Dean’s level of understanding, support and ability to make sure that the work is done correctly and on time is excellent. When needed he has involved colleagues but makes sure that the work is still transacted to his standards.’
‘Marian Merrit was very helpful, patient and good at explaining complicated legal documents to me and guiding me through the completion process. She was also very helpful and patient in explaining the same documents to my 91-year-old mother. I particularly valued her calmness, kindness and professionalism in the situation.’
‘DMH Stallard are exceptional. I have only praise from my dealings with them.’
‘Heidi Copland has been amazing. She is very approachable and personable. I cannot fault her.’
‘Chloe Karamian is really on top of things – a pleasure to work with and always good at picking up on key points of detail.’
‘Heidi Copland and Peter Rainier continue to front a reliable team of planning experts.’
‘Heidi Copland is hugely knowledgeable and effective at resolving planning disputes. Chloe Karamian is a strong litigator.’
‘Heidi Copland inspires total confidence. Totally across the detail and a great pleasure to work with. Chloe Karamian is a total star. Completely dedicated to achieving the best outcome for the client. A fantastic eye for detail – a perfectionist.’
‘They are a great team to work with.’
‘Their dynamic group of solicitors work with in-house planners are always great fun to work with. Highly competent, but also innovative and creative – willing to have a go on difficult matters, and win. Heidi Copland is a steady hand with huge experience and ability, Chloe Karamian is a clear thinking lawyer with an excellent legal brain.’
Astoria Brighton LLP
Barton Bridging Capital Ltd
Basin Properties Ltd
Bluebird House Developments Ltd
Boughtonwood Homes Ltd
Chartwell Land and New Homes
Crawley Borough Council
Cross Homes (Sussex)
Dalehurst Developments Ltd
David Appleby Engineering Limited
English National Opera
Gleeson Strategic Land
Greenplan Designer Homes
Greymoor Homes Ltd
Henry Construction Projects
Keepmoat Homes Ltd
Kier Construction Limited
Millwood Designer Homes
Muse Developments Limited
Newhaven Port and Properties Limited
New Place Associates Ltd
OCL Regeneration Ltd
Oxted Residential Limited
Roffey Football Club
Round Tree Development Ltd
Sancus Lending (Jersey) Ltd
Shanly Homes Ltd
The Community Stadium Limited / Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
Trade Skills4U Ltd
Trail Riders Fellowship
Verizun Land and Developments
Wealden & Rother District Councils
Welbeck Strategic Land
Withdean Commercial Property Ltd
Woking Borough Council
- Acted for and advised on the section 106 agreement required for the redevelopment of an existing social housing site at Stroudley Walk in Tower Hamlets, a scheme comprising 4 buildings (including a 25 storey building) with 274 new homes for (50% are affordable), commercial use and new public space.
- Secured the quashing of a traffic regulation order insofar as it related to motorcycles by consent, pursuant to a Statutory Review.
- Acted for the joint legal service team in respect of a considerable number of s106 agreements concerning major redevelopment projects or housing schemes involving complex bespoke drafting and negotiation.
‘Every engagement with the team at DMH has given me full confidence in their capabilities and ability to assist and deliver. They bring a scale and depth of knowledge to the table that is reliable, comforting and I know that when we engage with them on projects, that they will not only listen to the issues, but understand the importance, timescales, and needs – and deliver on them all.’
‘Offering expertise across the wide spectrum of property litigation, DMH Stallard is a first-class regional operation.’
‘Very well balanced practice with specialists in all fields. Our experience is that they are approachable and efficient and keep one appraised of progress and costs.’
‘Emily Wood is extremely efficient and personable. She has a depth of knowledge in non-domestic rating and is brilliant at communicating difficult issues to clients. An excellent lawyer.’
‘Vanessa Joll is calm, measured and experienced. She gets results through being a top-drawer lawyer and a clever litigator. Kristine Ng is conscientious and sensible. She looks after her clients well and provides a first-rate legal service.’
‘James Picknell is excellent, he explains the options in an understandable way, and generally works very efficiently and quickly. He keeps one appraised of the case all the time.’
‘I have worked with Kristine Ng on numerous cases over several years now. She is extremely capable in her practice areas, handles difficult matters with great calmness and her client management is second to none.’
‘Cheraine Williams, a senior associate at DMH, has consistently provided an amazing and reliable service, and also understands the need to balance costs on a project as well. She is level headed, always responsive to calls and emails, and always thorough in the work delivered. Her property litigation experience is exceptional and I cannot commend her enough.’
Crawley Borough Council
Dorrington Investment PLC
Wealden & Rother District Council
Cats Protection Trustees Limited
St Catherine’s Hospice Limited
Newhaven Port & Properties Limited
Cadogan Estates Limited
Liverpool and Victoria (LV)
Roffey Homes Limited
- Acting for a residential developer in relation to a substantial claim for professional negligence against a firm of architects which involves complex issues of expert evidence, steps taken in mitigation, and valuation of loss.
- Represented an original party to a qualified restrictive covenant in a case which has received significant legal attention.
- Advising a consortium of companies in an action challenging the current valuation model for business rating in the niche area of green energy.
Tim Ashdown; John Yates
‘The team we work with at DMH Stallard SE was extremely thorough and diligent, their strategic approach is significantly above average.’
‘Tim Ashdown and Hannah Balameh have been fantastic in servicing our account. There is a level-headedness among the team that inspires confidence in the client, but also keeps potentially tense situations calm. Strategically, they are very sharp and Tim in particular is quite tuned in to opportunities that present themselves.’
‘Very professional. Made the journey through the complexities of registering various trade marks comfortable and smooth.’
‘Attention to detail- accuracy of response – understanding of our lack of knowledge on their playing field.’
Inspiration Healthcare PLC
Brighton Dome & Festival Ltd
Reddie and Grose
CSL Behring UK Ltd
Viviana London Ltd
Cavadore Limited and Magenta Black Trading Ltd (together “Cavadore”)
Delicious Digital Ltd
- Acting for Grohe Ltd on IP matters, general commercial contracts, including influencer agreements and general consultancy for freelance design consultants.
- Advising Viviana Ltd on use of trade marks, existing license agreements, and potential patent infringement in respect of an electric perfume dispensing device.
- Acting for Delicious Digital in relation to a dispute with Performing Right Society Limited in relation to royalty payments, contractual breaches, and copyright issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘We have been working with DMH Stallard for a number of years on a wide range of litigation.’
‘The dedication and technical knowledge of the team is second to none.’
‘Simon Elcock: Clear and robust litigator with excellent client handling skills. Very user friendly and builds trust and confidence with the client very well.’
‘James Colvin: James is meticulous and exceptional on the detail of the case. Initial judgment is rarely wrong. Great team player and has a way of making complex matters simple.’
‘Jonathan Compton and Cathryn Culverhouse are excellent commercial litigators. Jonathan goes the extra mile for his clients to ensure that the best possible outcome is achieved.’
A J Walter Aviation Limited
CAE (UK) Plc
Greater Brighton Metropolitan College
Heidelberg Graphic Equipment Limited
National Westminster Bank plc
RSM Restructuring & Advisory LLP
Suzuki Motor Corporation
T C Facilities Management Limited
WPM Education Limited
Employment > Immigration Tier 2DMH Stallard LLP‘s team has a deep level of experience in business immigration, with team head Adam Williams providing long-term advice to numerous high-profile clients; he is especially well-versed in advising multinational clients on entering the UK market following Brexit and the end of free movement. The team has recently seen significant growth, and the recruitment of Bermeet Chhokar has enabled it to branch out from providing solely business immigration advice to advising individual clients, including a niche offering for cases where immigration status collides with domestic violence. The team draws on expertise from across the firm, including in employment and family law.
Other key lawyers:
‘Dealings in the main with Adam Williams. Incredibly proactive and able to provide solutions that mean client gets great service and answers to all problems in easy to understand steps.’
‘Adam Williams is very much the go to person for clients having immigration queries and requiring assistance through the process.’
English National Opera
Ambipar Response Limited
- Advised an international engineering business based in Bulgaria on the transfer of more than 40 workers to the UK to provide installation services for the construction of a new large scale solar power plant.
- Advised the English National Opera in relation to Skilled Worker visa sponsorship for critical management roles and on the visa sponsorship of performers under the T5 (Creative) visa route.
- Advised US post-production accounting company, Trevanna INC., on the extension of a ‘Representative of an Overseas Business’ visa for its head of UK operations.
Other key lawyers:
‘Extremely experienced, reliable and highly motivated staff.’
‘Tessa Grayson has always been extremely responsive and available. Tessa always responds and acts as agreed and on time. Tessa is extremely professional and reliable. Even during the pandemic Tessa has always available both in and out of regular office hours. Tessa has strong communication skills and always ensures everything is clear.’
‘They immediately put me at my ease in what is a very emotive issue for me. Very professional, explained everything exactly and very personable’
‘Lucienne Westbrook always returns my calls in a timely manner and keeps me exceptionally well informed on the progress on my case.’
‘As a person with very little knowledge of the legal system, I found everyone who has been involved extremely helpful, understanding and very very patient. Proving your case can be a frustrating time and this team have gone the extra mile explaining that although one might have a case there are certain perimeters that have to be adhered to.’
‘Tessa Grayson has given 120%, reassuring me that she is always available to deal with any queries or problems that are causing me concern. Not only a true professional who knows the law, she understands the pain and frustration a non-legal person can feel.’
‘From my first contact about a claim, the team were very professional about passing it on to the right individual and seeking out further information from me about the accident in order to clarify how to proceed. The response was timely and efficient.’
‘I have regular contact via telephone, email and post, ensuring I have all the information about the case at each stage and understood what would happen next. I was able to ask questions and received timely responses and I have felt extremely well supported during what can be a very stressful time.’
Mark Rennie; Philip Morton; Joanna Potbury; Samantha Jago
Other key lawyers:
‘Their handling of my divorce case was outstanding. Their understanding of divorce law, empathy and excellent cost effective advice allowed me to negotiate a very fair and amicable settlement with my ex-wife. The team is incredibly responsive, compassionate and provide excellent value for money in the advice they provide. ‘
‘I can not speak highly enough of Mark Rennie and his team. They supported me during a horrible time and were always on hand to offer support – during the days, evenings and even at weekends. They were very organised, professional and always wanting to help.’
‘Mark’s caring, empathetic and hard working nature was key for helping and supporting me.’
‘I have been working with Joanna Potbury at DMH Stallard LLP for over two years now and she has guided me and my family through the very trickiest of times. I have found Jo’s support and concern to be incredibly professional at all times yet she is kind and compassionate and there is no one else I would choose to share my legal journey with.’
‘I was represented by Samantha Jago and her team. They were all completely reliable and transparent. Faultless service.’
‘Nigel Winter has a great understanding of family law and is confident in his skills as a family solicitor.’
‘Philip Morton is particularly impressive with clients.’
Other key lawyers:
Richard Pollins; Tina George; Anne Milne; Ben Price; Cathy Searle; Ian Greenfield; Jonathan Crook; Nick Pentecost; Becky Miller; Tom Trowbridge; Tom Watkins; Michelle Broscombe; Michael Daniels
‘Ben Price has been an exceptional partner to deal with. He guided us very carefully with every challenge we faced and ensured we got the best outcome. I valued his explanations of risk and quantifying the options available to address them. Great listener, very patient and professional at all times. I would recommend Ben and his practice without any reservation.’
‘Jonathan Crook provides sound technical knowledge (and shows an engaging interest in the subject) and delivers outstanding service while being excellent value for money. City of London quality and service for a fraction of the price.’
HSS Hire Limited
Motoring & Leisure Services Limited
Crawley Borough Council
Concept Developments Land Limited
LV (Liverpool Victoria)
Friday Media Group
Roffey Homes Limited/Westbrooke Developments Limited
Orbit Housing Association
PIB (Group Services)
- Undertaking significant property advice and enforcement work on Dorrington PLC’s behalf, as well as some transactional property matters.
- Acting for a number of LV’s entities including Namulas and ReAssure and undertaking substantial property work including new leases and sales of properties within SIPPS/Pension funds, sales of their Equity Release portfolio and general advice on commercial property across their portfolio.
- Advised Sigma Strategic Land Ltd on the impact of a historic s106 agreement that incorporated an agricultural tie to the owner’s adjacent home.
Tim Ashdown; John Yates
Other key lawyers:
Debbie Venn; Robert Ganpatsingh; Rebecca Leeves; Josie Appleyard
‘Very knowledgeable and diverse team. Easy to find the right expert to help and support the legal needs. From different shareholder agreements to employment law, SLAs to bespoke contract arrangements.’
‘Debbie Venn, she’s just exceptional! She’s able to distil and deliver complex convoluted framework agreements in a simple clear way that helps everyone involved to understand the key points easily and well detailed.’
‘Highly experienced people.’
‘I’ve found their commercial skills to be a real value added.’
‘Just great service; in terms of communication and delivery. Great turnaround as well in very challenging circumstances.’
‘Debbie Venn and Rebecca Leaves.’
Motoring and Leisure Services Ltd
Canon UK Ltd and Canon Europe Ltd
WPM Education Ltd / WPM Group Ltd / WPM Payment Security Services Ltd
Sunrise Software Ltd
Extech Technology Ltd
F3 Systems Ltd
- Advising Canon UK on the sale/lease of its printing equipment, sub-contracting, TUPE, staffing, and data protection.
- Advising BestatDigital on all its contractual and data protection matters, preparing template documents for use with customers, suppliers and consultants.
- Advising WPM on its payment service provider agreement, including data protection, IT security policies, retention processes, and service provider contracts.
Transport > Travel Tier 2The travel department at DMH Stallard LLP demonstrates notable expertise in matters relating to package travel and ATOL regulations, as well as advising on commercial agreements for agencies and suppliers. With a focus on technology, department head Debbie Venn is particularly well versed in the e-commerce, data protection and cyber aspects of the travel industry. Rebecca Thornley-Gibson and Abigail Maino bring extensive employment experience, while Helen Mead’s strengths in corporate and M&A round out the team.
‘Nothing was ever too much trouble whenever I called for advice, whoever it was I spoke to. Everyone made me feel special and that nothing I was going through was to difficult to work through.’
‘We went through the very stressful process of selling our business. The team at DMH Stallard were always there to help (any time day or night). They were so helpful, professional and knowledgeable. They always had time for me, day or night.’
‘Debbie Venn has specialist industry knowledge for the travel industry.’
Specialised Travel Ltd
Airborne Representation Ltd
Global Leisure Expedition Cruise Company
Peligoni Booking Services Ltd
Themis Advisory Ltd
- Advised Hovertravel Ltd in relation to its customer booking T&Cs, completing a full review and update of terms and arrangements in line with updated consumer laws. Advice given on copyright licensing issues and data protection matters. Also advised on interpretation of the Solent Exclusion order brought in during the pandemic.
- Providing services to Themis Advisory as a client on a white-labelled basis and to clients of Themis under direct instructions. Advising Themis in relation to marketing services and digital marketing agreement.
- Advising TravelLocal Ltd on its trading arrangements as an agent selling packages put together by companies based outside of the EU, and compliance with the Package Travel Regulations 2018 and the Package Travel Directive. Also advised on liability issues resulting from the pandemic.
‘Great insolvency team.’
‘Keith Pearlman takes a fair and pragmatic approach and just gets the job done’
‘This practice is of the size where personal service is maintained at a senior level , with enough support to provide an efficient and affordable service. The practice provides services in a wide range of commercial, litigation and specialist areas.’
‘My chief contact is Keith Pearlman, who brings a wealth of experience to property, insolvency and other corporate matters. Keith is responsive and personable and I have enjoyed a great working relationship with him over many years.’
Kreston Reeves LLP
WSM Marks Bloom
Insolvency and Recovery Limited
- Acted for FRP Advisory in relation to a number of LPA receivership appointments and administration appointments.
- Acted for Begbies Traynor in a wide range of instructions including administration appointments, antecedent claims against directors on behalf of office-holders and a wide range of bankruptcy applications.
- Acted for Kreston Reeves in a wide range of insolvency applications and claims on their behalf as office holders.
Private client > Family Tier 5DMH Stallard LLP is ‘really well-respected and for good reason’. Philip Morton heads the department that is well placed to advise on a whole host of issues from pre/post nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements to TOLATA and Children Act 1989 Schedule 1 cases. It often acts on higher-value financial proceedings where there are complex corporate or trust assets. The practice was pleased to also add Natasha Slabas to its ranks from Sears Tooth.
Other key lawyers:
Talitha Brookman; Kevin Danagher; Henry Brookman; Natasha Slabas
‘What was apparent from the beginning was that Talitha really listened, took note on the complications that this case could bring forward and was able to word a detailed synopsis of the case when confirming by letter received after our first free consultation conversation. She came across as professional, to the point and was really able to cut through the chase’.
‘Kevin Danagher was empathic, knowledgeable, committed and had a great way of strategising with me which made the biggest difference. I wish marriages didn’t have to end, but all I can say is that if they do you need a good lawyer who has empathy, knowledge and time. Kevin had all of this and worked extremely hard to ensure that I had a good relationship with him and his team’.
‘Henry Brookman – oversaw my case and showed real empathy throughout. His experience shone through when it came to making appropriate decisions at key times’.
‘Phil Morton is excellent. He recognises the economic realities and will do deals where appropriate and fight where appropriate’.
‘Philip Morton leads an excellent team of associates. He has a steady flow of local and international clients, is completely committed to his clients going the extra mile to ensure that their interests are protected, and is calm, kind, and able to get along with anyone’.
‘Natasha Slabas is a star: clever, punchy, astute. She has terrific judgement and is really good with the client.’
‘Philip Morton is an excellent lawyer. His family law knowledge is unrivalled, but he remains accessible and always happy to help.’
‘Philip Morton is just fantastic. He is relaxed and personable and a real problem solver. I respect him enormously and have referred many a client his way and they have always been impressed by his sense of calm amid the stresses of the family process’.
L and M, the First and Second Respondents
Insolve Plus Limited
- Represents the Applicant husband in a financial application. The Husband is a French national and his wife is an American national and a founder and CEO of an e-finance company. Sensitive and complex matter involving multiple assets including the potential sale of the wife’s business for $225,000,000, as well as other significant assets held in Bitcoin/crypto currencies which are yet to be determined in full.
- Advised a wealthy Hedge Fund owner and manager on the contents of a pre-nuptial agreement as part of his Estate Planning. The team prepared, negotiated and signed the final pre-nuptial agreement valued at £60,000,000, protecting the client’s pre-marital wealth from any future divorce whilst ensuring the “Wife” has a reasonable and fair outcome.
- Acts for the mother in private Children Act 1989 proceedings issued by the father. Matter is extremely sensitive and involves allegations of historic domestic abuse, coercive controlling behaviour, attempted rape, as well as other incidents directly witnessed by child (who is of Moroccon/British decent).
DMH Stallard LLP > Firm Profile
DMH Stallard delivers successful outcomes for businesses and individuals by providing tailored legal services with energy and creativity, backed by technical expertise. A compelling alternative to ‘Big Law’ for larger corporates and a natural partner for ambitious entrepreneurial businesses, the firm also has thriving family, private client and personal injury practices.
The firm has experienced significant growth in recent years, both organically and through a series of mergers that reinforced the firm’s standing and service offering in the region, extended the office network, and increased the number of partners.
DMH Stallard takes pride in being approachable and its ability to build lasting relationships with clients enjoying partner-led service with prompt, clear communication.
Its responsiveness and flexibility means that it can offer a range of pricing approaches according to client requirements. The firm is also closely involved in the communities in which it works.
Key market sectors: for the firm include public sector, charities, property developers and investors, banking and finance, technology, media and telecommunication, education, creative industries, professional services, manufacturing, utilities, travel and aviation, and wine.
Types of work undertaken
Banking and finance: Working in partnership with national and international banks and businesses on a full range of banking and financial matters.
Corporate and commercial: Expertise includes corporate finance; capital markets; M&A and alternative assets such as private equity and property finance. Also includes drafting and negotiating commercial agreements dealing with every aspect of business including supply chain management, procurement and routes to market.
Dispute resolution: Expertise includes corporate and commercial, banking and finance and real estate disputes; fraud, defamation and reputation management; insolvency and corporate recovery; professional negligence; intellectual property and judicial review. The team also has expertise in alternative dispute resolution, with several qualified mediators within the team.
Employment: Technical excellence and in-depth knowledge of client organisations combine to provide operational support and to advise on strategic and complex issues. Also able to provide full representation including advocacy in Tribunals.
Planning and environment: A unique multi-disciplinary team of planning and environmental lawyers and chartered town planners delivers one of the leading services in the South of England.
Private client: Provides care and protection for families and their assets ranging from estate management and wealth protection to contentious matters, family succession, divorce and children’s welfare; also personal injury services and residential conveyancing.
Real estate: With significant commercial and residential transactional capability, expertise includes property asset management, development, investment, housebuilding, construction, regeneration and leasehold matters. There is also a dedicated real estate dispute resolution team.
Technology and intellectual property: Expertise includes IP disputes, IT disputes, data protection, freedom of information, competition law, OFT investigations, procurement, regulatory advice and commercial contracts.
Office locations: Brighton, Horsham, Gatwick, Guildford, London
|Managing partner||Richard Pollins|
|Banking & Finance||Sarah Naylor|
|Dispute Resolution||Simon Elcock|
|Planning & Environment||Heidi Copland|
|Private Client||Lorna Fairbairn|
|Real Estate||Tina George|
Staff FiguresNumber of UK partners : 64 Number of other UK fee-earners : 110
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Travel