Aziz & Kaye Business Law > Mexico City, Mexico > Firm Profile
Aziz & Kaye Business Law Offices
EDIFICIO REFORMA PLUS
PASEO DE LA REFORMA, #2620 INTERIOR: 304, COL. LOMAS ALTAS, DEL. MIGUEL HIDALGO
C.P. 11950, CIUDAD DE MÉXICO
Aziz & Kaye Business Law > The Legal 500 Rankings
For some, Aziz & Kaye Business Law, sits among the ‘best antitrust law firms in Mexico’. Founding partner Luis Aziz, a seasoned practitioner with over 20 years' experience, heads a practice that has been involved in numerous significant merger notifications and investigations carried out by the COFECE, and also has a solid track record designing and implementing legal audits and compliance programs. The expertise of Ismael Henestrosa (promoted to the partnership in 2020) has allowed the practice to further bolster its capacity in the sector; he is particularly strong in the antitrust segment, primarily regarding investigations. Moreover, the practice was further strengthened with the arrival of senior associate Mauricio Marín -a former deputy director general of contentious affairs at COFECE- who specialises in antitrust litigation.
Luis Alberto Aziz Checa
‘It is a very capable team that mixes extensive technical expertise from the view of the competent authority and outstanding negotiation skills.’
‘They always maintain a close relationship with the client.’
‘They are very willing and knowledgeable lawyers, dedicated to the work entrusted to them and always willing to collaborate.’
‘They are among the best antitrust law firms in Mexico. Not only do they have solid knowledge and experience, but they care about understanding their clients’ business/industry.’
‘Luis Aziz and Ismael Henestrosa are always willing to understand before issuing any opinion.’
‘Very dynamic team, they always respond efficiently.’
‘Ismael Henestrosa always gives excellent service and is very knowledgeable. He is a person with an excellent attitude and kindness.’
Bardahl de México
Avícola Glez Glez
Avícola y Porcícola los Altos
- Advised Santander México on a COFECE investigation related to cartel activities in the market for debt-securities issued by the Mexican government.
- Advised and represented Controladora Prosa in an investigation aimed at determining the existence of barriers to competition or essential facilities that could generate anticompetitive effects in the payment-systems sector.
- Advised and represented Mexico City-based healthcare provider, Dicipa, in a COFECE investigation regarding cartel activity in the integrated medical services market.
Mexico > Corporate and M&A Tier 5
Founding partners Luis Alberto Aziz and Allan Kaye head the eight-strong corporate and M&A practice at boutique firm Aziz & Kaye Business Law. Aziz brings notable expertise in transactional and competition mandates to the table, while Kaye's practice focuses on transactions involving share and asset purchases and sales and joint venture structures, along with shareholder agreements and other commercial transactions. Senior associate Rebeca Sánchez Pérez left the firm in 2020.
Luis Alberto Aziz Checa; Allan Kaye Trueba
Biomedica de Referencia
Palacio de Hierro
- Advising Grisi Hermanos in relation to an agreement with British multinational pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline for the acquisition of three over-the-counter brands in Mexico.
- Advised Biomedica on the implementation of a strategic alliance with Grupo de Diagnostico Aries.
- Advised Integrated Gas Services de México on the acquisition of 55% percent of the capital stock of a special purpose vehicle for the acquisition of an energy co-generation plant located in Zacatecas, México.
|Kaye Trueba Allan||Founding Partner||View Profile|
|Henestrosa Pérez Ismael||Partner||View Profile|
|Aziz Checa Luis Alberto||Founding Partner||View Profile|
|Marin Valdez Mauricio||Senior Associate||View Profile|
|Pedro Reynoso Ramín||Senior Associate||View Profile|
|Mariana Santillan||Senior Associate||View Profile|