K&L Gates > Sydney, Australia > Firm Profile
K&L Gates Offices
1 O'CONNELL STREET
K&L Gates > The Legal 500 RankingsK&L Gates provides tailored solutions to advise major local and international banks, non-bank financial institutions, debt funds, and multinational corporates on matters such as acquisition and leveraged financing transactions in addition to asset, property, project and infrastructure-related finance. In addition, the group is equipped to support on restructuring and insolvency mandates, owing to the dedicated expertise provided by team head Jason Opperman; he operates from the Sydney office which recently saw the arrival of Richard Hayes from Hogan Lovells, a move which bolsters the group's general corporate finance, funds financing and acquisition finance capabilities.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Banner Asset Management
Centennial Property Group
Wiluna Mining Corporation Limited
Tanarra Credit Partners
- Advised J.P. Morgan on the structuring, negotiation and documentation of an AU$735m financing for Infrabuild Australia comprising an AU$250m asset-based revolving facility and US$325m senior secured bond issuance.
- Advised Scentre Management Limited on a $1.5bn 144A note issue; an update to €10bn program and on an issue of $HK notes; and a new A$ medium term note program.
- Advised Canadian Solar on the 189MW Suntop Solar Farm and 154MW Gunnedah Solar Farm projects which have a total value of approximately AU$400m. The team also supported on all aspects of the projects, including the property, planning, corporate, EPC, O&M and project financing.
‘K&L Gates Competition Law practice is strong in resale price maintenance, ACCC investigations and litigation. It also has excellent experience in consumer law and practical applications of the law.’
‘Ayman Guirguis always strives to understand his client’s businesses so he can provide relevant and practical advice. His advice is always well considered, detailed and with risk ratings to assist in-house counsel to make well-informed, strategic decisions with the business.’
‘Ayman Guirguis (head of practice) has worked at Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) and draws on this background knowledge of how the ACCC works when providing strategic legal advice.’
‘Ayman Guirguis (Partner) has incredible attention to detail, and will run down every last fact or legal argument when providing advice. Despite this, his advice is never otiose, and Ayman has the knack of accurately conveying difficult legal concepts in language that is readily understood by non-lawyers, without sacrificing legal nuance.’
Nutrien Ag Solutions/Landmark
National Pharmaceutical Services Association (NPSA)
Quadrant Private Equity
- Advised Sinch on merger clearance aspects and seeking clearance on the $1.3bn acquisition of MessageMedia.
- Advised National Pharmaceutical Services Association (NPSA) and the four major pharmaceuticals wholesalers in Australia, namely API, Symbion, Sigma and National Pharmacies, on receiving authorisation from the ACCC allowing the above applicants to collaborate and if required limit supplies of certain medicines in the face of spikes in demand due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Advised Visy on obtaining merger clearance from the ACCC for its proposed acquisition of Owens and Illinoi’s glass bottle manufacturing and associated businesses in Australia.
‘Acting for a range of clients from individuals to multinational corporations, the litigation group are commercially savvy.’
‘Down to earth and technically proficient, the K&L Gates litigation team are accessible and responsive to client needs.’
‘I have found them to be commercial, thorough and responsive. They have been very good at keeping me informed throughout the matter in relation to substantive matters and costs.’
‘John Kelly is commercial and strategic in his advice, which has been greatly appreciated by me and the business.’
‘A highly regarded and respected firm. K&L Gates has specialised expertise across the various areas of law that my organisation required advice and action on. It is a reliable, accessible and committed team (available all hours!), with an excellent documentary standard. Instructions are always activated promptly.’
‘They make us feel like we are the only clients they act for. We truly mean that. They are caring and attentive. They engage various levels of legal resources as necessary so that we are provided value for money and efficiency. They have acted pro bono on an array of matters as well – and always promptly and led by senior specialists as required. The stand-out partner is Christien Corns. He embodies all of the above and clearly instils it into the wider teams.’
‘Very capable team with a very personable approach. You feel like you are in a safe pair of hands. Very practical commercial advice provided in a very efficient way which is tailored to the audience. Capacity/bench strength to assist with high priority, urgent matters at short notice and deliver in full on time to spec.’
‘Alongside the competence and quality sought by in-house counsel, the team are very good at establishing and building strong relationships to become trusted and relied upon advisers. They are very much a safe port in a storm.’
Fortius Funds Management
Energy Resources of Australia Limited
James Hardie Industries Limited
Caledonian Sky Shipping Inc
Morris Property Group
Doma Property Group
Amalgamated Property Group
- Representing Honda Australia Pty Limited in the Takata airbag consumer class action where significant losses are claimed alleging that vehicles supplied with Takata airbags were defective and unsafe to drive.
- Representing the directors of Dyldam Developments in relation to a range of allegations of breach of board of directors’ duties and diversion of funds.
- Acting for a high net-worth individual, Zhenya Tsvetnenko, who is resisting a request by the United States of America to extradite him to the United States to face wire-fraud and other charges.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is efficient, knowledgeable, practicable and cost sensitive.’
‘Kirstie Richards is one of the best partners I’ve every worked with. She is efficient, cost sensitive, practicable and knowledgeable. She understands the client’s needs and works hard to assist the business in achieving their objectives. She is truly an asset.’
Newtricity Developments Biala Pty Limited
Lendlease Samsung Bouygues Joint Venture
Great Southern Waste Technologies
Generator Property Management
- Acted for Great Southern Waste Technologies Pty Ltd in relation to their proposed waste-to-energy facility at 70 Ordish Road, Dandenong, including successfully defending a merits appeal brought in relation to their works approval application.
- Acted for VE Property in relation to the remediation and divestment of a number of major industrial sites associated with the legacy operations of Shell (now Viva Energy) in Australia.
- Assisting Tilt to obtain successfully approval to a significant modification to the $700M Rye Park Wind Farm to increase the size of the turbines and modify the project layout as required to take the project to construction.
Australia > IT and telecoms Tier 3The technology, outsourcing and privacy group at K&L Gates has a strong focus on undertaking highly complex outsourcing projects and also assists the firm’s corporate team with some of its major transactions in the sector. The firm’s international presence allows the team to utilise a wide network of knowledge and experience, as well as gain global cross-referrals. Melbourne-based Cameron Abbott leads the team, as well as the firm’s global corporate group. The arrival of Richard Chew to the Sydney office from Sparke Helmore Lawyers has significantly benefitted the practice, with his background in IT and computer science proving advantageous to his clients.
‘K & L Gates are experts in IT & IP and we use them exclusively. K & L Gates also have a global reach which complements our strategy and work flows as more and more matters have international scope and application.’
‘Richard Chew is very hard working and easy to work with. I would highly recommend him.’
‘Richard Chew has a very broad understanding of what is best practice in IT contracts, as well as the APRA regulations around outsourcing, providing us with timely and very cost-effective advice on both our compliance obligations and our contractual requirements. Richard’s depth of understanding of IT service providers, and insight into how they work, made his advice to us invaluable in our negotiations. We found him engaging to deal with, very accessible and a tough negotiator on our behalf. We would happily recommend him to others needing advice in the IT and telecoms space.’
BlueScope Steel Limited
The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd
Oil Search Limited
VCS Foundation Ltd
Verrency Holdings Pty Ltd
- Providing technology advice for Verrency, a global start-up, which through its platform provides clients with streamlined access to its own, as well as third-party, market place services.
- Advising Ansvar, an Australian insurer of churches and historic buildings, in relation to a project to replace its existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, including software that covers claims intake and management.
- Acting for Hydro Tasmania on its procurement of a generation management system to replace its legacy energy control system.
Ardent Leisure (Dreamworld Employees)
- Defended one of Queensland’s largest workplace health and safety prosecutions on behalf of a major Queensland Government-Owned Corporation involving catastrophic failure of infrastructure.
- Advising clients on the workplace health and safety, and migration laws applied to the dynamic working conditions enforced by governments and regulators in response to Covid-19.
‘The Labour and employment team has an intricate knowledge of the sports industry and take a practical approach to providing legal advice and services. The team collaborates with their clients and other practice groups within K&L Gates to deliver legal advice and services.’
‘Michaela Moloney has strong technical expertise and a great radar for the underlying interpersonal dynamics of disputes, which helps her to provide strategic and effective advice on litigation strategy.’
‘Michaela Moloney is approachable and available to her clients. Michaela takes the time to listen to the needs and requirements of her clients to devise a strategy and plan for providing the legal advice and practical tools. Michaela is one of the leading sports employment partners in the country.’
‘John Monroe, Senior Associate, is diligent and practical in his approach to legal advice. He has a genuine interest in achieving best outcomes for his clients. John is able to unpack issues and problem solve appropriate outcomes – his thorough understanding of case law and legislation is impeccable and assists in the navigation of modern employment law issues.’
‘Stephen Hardy is a trusted adviser and business partner who is responsive, practical and down-to-earth. His advice is solution-driven and he is very pragmatic in resolving disputes.’
‘John is always our first point of call! He is considered and thorough when providing advice, and incredibly knowledgeable about current issues and findings that may be pertinent to a particular situation. He also consults with the partners and refers on appropriately. Michaela is knowledgeable and professional, as well as being personable and relatable. Both have good knowledge of and are integrated into our industry, so their advice is relatable and appropriate, therefore helpful.’
Victorian Managed Insurance Authority
Department of Education
Commercial Passengers Vehicles Victoria
Australia Football League
Australian Red Cross Society
- Advised clients on the dynamic working conditions enforced by governments and regulators in response to Covid-19.
- Advised clients in the retail sector to navigate the entitlements of the General Retail Industry Award 2010 and the Clerks–Private Sector Award 2010.
- Advising Australia’s major sporting codes on the full scope of employment law advice from employment agreements, to review of application of modern awards, through to dispute resolution.
Luke Westmore; Zac Kerr
‘I have had the pleasure of working with Zac Kerr and his team (predominantly in Melbourne) for three years. Zac is eager to put our business first and work with us in an integrated way. He is capable of providing agile, commercial advice – which includes advising on accepting contract drafting in an effort to support a successful tender. He is a safe pair of hands.’
Serco Australia Pty Ltd
Seymour Whyte Constructions Pty Ltd
MM Capital Partners
Sterling and Wilson Australia Pty Ltd
Suzlon Energy Australia Pty Ltd
Canadian Solar (Australia) Pty Ltd
Venn Artibir Group Pty Ltd
Greenup Resources Pty Ltd
Doosan Gridtech, Inc.
Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios S.A.
Nekon Pty Ltd
- Advised Canadian Solar on the successful financial close of the 146MWp Gunnedah solar farm project.
- Advising ISS on its bid, with John Holland Group, John Laing and Tetris Capital, for the New Footscray Hospital PPP.
- Advising the joint venture of Ferrovial and Acciona on their bid for the design and construction of the longest section of the Inland Rail mega-PPP.
The experienced group at K&L Gates advises international, national, regional, and commuter airlines, major airports, high-profile corporations, and private individuals on a broad spectrum of aviation issues. These include aircraft acquisitions and finance, regulatory compliance, environmental matters, insurance defence litigation, aviation employment matters, and drone-related law. The team is led from the Brisbane office by regulatory expert Tom Young, who joined the firm in April 2021 from Norton Rose Fulbright, along with special counsel Julie Brown. The team’s client portfolio features key hubs Sydney Airport, Brisbane Airport, and Cairns Airport.
Other key lawyers:
‘The practice’s team consists of experienced, well-versed professionals. They make cogent arguments with respect to legal frameworks and suggest reasonable solutions to complex matters.’
‘Tom Young and Julie Brown have been primary points of contact. Both Tom and Julie are consummate professionals regarding aviation matters. Both are approachable and easy to deal with, and attentive to discussions, requirements, and outcomes while seeking specialist guidance for matters beyond the pure legal argument.’
‘My main contact was Tom Young. His strengths are an ability to grasp a range of complex issues that are outside of his normal expertise and manage a diverse group of experts across various disciplines to achieve a timely outcome.’
Brisbane Airport Corporation
Western Sydney Airport
- Advising Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited in connection with the redevelopment of the Brisbane Airport Domestic Terminal Building.
- Advising Sydney Airport on the leasing of terminals, airside sites and landside sites at the airport.
Cluey Learning Pty Ltd
EdApp Pty Ltd
The Optical Company Pty Ltd
Pioneer Credit Limited
Poko Holdings Pty Ltd
Radio Rentals SA
United Global Logistics Pty Ltd (VISA Global Logistics)
- Advised Swedish company, Sinch Holding AB, on its A$1.7bn Melbourne-based SMS marketing technology company MessageMedia.
- Advised the shareholders of VISA Global Logistic on the sale of its shares to New Zealand company, Milan FF Group Limited.
- Advised Pioneer Credit on its A$120m acquisition by the Carlyle Group.
‘The team is very practical in forming their legal solutions, and has always worked collaboratively with us.’
‘Daniel Knight is great to work with because he has really good industry knowledge and is practical in forming legal solutions that could be applied by us. In addition, Daniel is always professional and genuinely a nice person.’
‘Jim Bulling and Felix Charlesworth are very responsive, clear and decisive in their advice.’
‘The team provide a very personalised service in that they are always available to advise on a whole range of matters that are important to our company. We never feel like we are asking silly questions, even if they may seem straightforward to experienced lawyers. They take the time to explain things in very simple and easy-to-understand terms, with no legal jargon within their advice. During the pandemic they have really used technology to their advantage and have made themselves even more available than before by using online meeting platforms.
‘Daniel Knight is the most helpful partner I have had the pleasure of working with. He is always available to answer calls and emails and will always make time for our queries. He was available for a last-minute meeting with a third party with very little notice and was able to present our side very well. In the advice he provides to us, he considers not only the questions we have asked but is also forward-thinking and provides advice for other possible scenarios that could arise in the future too.’
‘This firm and practice has deep domain expertise in the field where we’ve required advice. They are pragmatic and deliver high-quality advice in a timely fashion. The partners understand the business, its challenges and as such feel like an extension of our team.’
‘Dan Atkin operates as an extension of our core team, offering up strategic insights and pragmatic solutions to challenges we face. Kane Barnett has been very thorough in delivering outstanding quality work.’
EML Payments and Novatti Group Limited
Medibank Private Limited
Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
Patrizia AG & Phoenix
Kingfisher Mobile Limited
Columbia Threadneedle Investments
Stafford Capital Partners
CSIRO) and CSIRO Financial Services Pty Ltd trading as Main Sequence Ventures (CSIROFS)
- Advised Kingfisher Mobile Limited (KMA) in relation to the financial services implications of certain elements when it entered into a significant service agreement with a major Australian Telco company for the provision of service continuity programs including mobile device upgrade replacement and repair.
- Advised Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and CSIRO Financial Services Pty Ltd trading as Main Sequence Ventures (CSIROFS) in relation to the structuring, offering and operation of its funds and on the recent launch of CSIRO Innovation Fund 2, LP, an early-stage venture capital limited partnership.
- Advised TrueLayer about the regulatory options for launching its open banking and payments products into the Australian market.
Australia > Real estate Tier 4Based in Sydney, K&L Gates has expertise in commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use developments, providing comprehensive support which includes handling capital transactions, planning and environment issues and tax structuring. It is particularly invested, however, in assisting clients with their expansion programmes, capital reallocation strategies and strategic divestments. Jennifer Degotardi has a strong practice in government-led real transport and infrastructure projects, in which she advises on a wide range of corporate and regulatory matters. Samuel Brown is recommended for his experience in the investment and project development space.
‘The practice can handle large matters and small matters. Regardless of the scale or size of the matter, the practice treats all matters with the same attentiveness and level of expertise.’
‘The practice is also our ‘go to’ practice for complex matters, or transactions that require a bespoke, robust, and commercial approach. This is of great comfort for a client, as we know we can go to the practice for all our matters.’
‘K&L Gates has invested in technology enabling the use of e-contracts for large-scale apartment buildings. It allows all stakeholders to access a dashboard and view the progress of apartment projects in real-time. It’s a more efficient way of doing business and has also brought down the cost of conveyancing significantly. It also increases productivity for us as the client so we can focus on our core business expertise rather than legal administration. It also provides a very accessible and cost-effective level of transparency.’
‘Will Grinter has provided top-tier, seamless service. What is most impressive is that when we brief Will and K&L Gates, we know that we are being represented by the smartest people. There is great comfort in knowing that when entering into a transaction worth millions of dollars. ’
‘The team understands our corporate risk structure and provides advice accordingly.’
‘K&L Gates are good performers and represent reasonable value for money.’
‘Our main contact is Randall Gerkens (Melbourne). Randall has a wealth of experience in property transactions and is an outstanding negotiator bringing a laser-like focus to solving the critical issues.’
NSW Government (including the Transport cluster, Land and Housing Corporation and DPIE)
Local Government Super
Sydney Fish Market Pty Ltd
RATCH Australia Corporation
NSW Ports Pty Ltd
Port of Brisbane
Telstra Corporation Limited
Bensons Property Group
National Australia Bank
City of Sydney
Evolution Trustees Limited
Springfield City Group
John Hancock Financial Services Inc.
Nutrien Ag Solutions Ltd
Generator Property Management
Opal Aged Care
- Acted for NSW Ports, the owner of Port Kembla, to negotiate agreements to enable the development and operation of a liquid natural gas (LNG) import facility at Port Kembla in NSW.
- Advised on The Moonee Valley Racecourse Redevelopment, an unprecedented urban renewal project comprising 9 hectares of land in close proximity to Melbourne’s central business district.
- Acting on the development of the M-City project in Melbourne’s south east – a mixed use project outside the Melbourne CBD including over 600 residential apartments a retail centre, office component and a hotel with an end value in excess of A$1000m.
‘Great tacticians and fantastic with clients.’
‘The K&L Gates restructuring and insolvency team is very knowledgeable across different jurisdictions and takes a keen interest in delivering advice that is relevant for our industry and business needs.’
‘Strong people skills.’
‘Build quick rapport with witnesses.’
‘I have direct access to partner Jason Opperman. He has many years experience and understands the culture by which we operate and provides advice and support giving consideration to our needs. Through his efforts, we have achieved many outstanding results. He is supported by a good team who work to achieve our outcomes.’
‘From Partner through the team, there is good access to whoever is working on our matters. K&L Gates provides a high level of service and understands our needs and outcomes and work with us to provide the best outcomes possible. The team are friendly and helpful.’
Administration of Virgin Australia – JP Lease, Aviation PLC, Chorus Aviation, Stellar Aviation, and Lunar Aviation
St George Bank Limited
Bentleys (Qld) Pty Ltd
American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc
RIVI Opportunity Fund, LP
American Express International Inc
KordaMentha and ARK Mines Ltd
Deloitte Financial Advisory Pty Ltd
RSM Australia Pty Ltd
- Advising KPMG as administrator of Halifax Investment Services on a complex multi-jurisdictional winding up involving over A$200m of assets and 12,500 investors.
- Advising five of the aircraft lessors of Virgin Australia: JP Lease, Aviation PLC, Chorus Aviation, Stellar Aviation, and Lunar Aviation which equates to around a third of the Virgin Australia fleet.
- Advised St George Bank (part of the Westpac Group) on its exposure to Ralan Group, including intercreditor arrangements between St George Bank and Wingate.
Australia > Tax Tier 4K&L Gates works on a wide range of tax structuring matters on behalf of domestic and international corporates, investment funds, high-net-worth individuals and accountants. The team enjoys productive relationships with the Big 4 and other consultancies, and handles cross-border work, integrated closely with the firm's global platform. Betsy-Ann Howe leads the Sydney-based team, and is praised by clients for her cross-border international tax and corporate tax expertise. Matthew Cridland focuses exclusively on indirect taxes, including GST, land tax and stamp duty issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘Knowledgeable, efficient, responsive.’
‘Matthew Cridland is a leading practitioner in the area of indirect tax. He is a wealth of knowledge, helpfully, legally creative and consistently meets deadlines.’
‘Excellent on cross border transactions.’
‘Betsy-Ann Howe is technically strong and always delivers clear advice on complex structures.’
Centennial Property Group Limited
Cluey Learning Ltd
Employee Retirement System of Texas
Dicker Data Limited
Omni Bridgeway Limited
Pioneer Credit Limited
Wingate Group Holdings Limited
- Advising CalPERS along with consortium partners Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC), Australia’s Future Fund, OMERS pension fund, and Global Infrastructure Partners in the successful bid to acquire a 50-year lease of the Port of Melbourne.
- Advising Cluey Limited on its successful initial public offer and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Advising litigation funder Omni Bridgeway on a variety of tax issues.
Australia > Construction Tier 5K&L Gates’ Sydney practice primarily focuses on construction litigation and adjudication proceedings, drawing on the team’s former in-house experience in the construction, engineering and building materials sectors. Sandra Steele, who leads the team, has particular strength in contract drafting, litigation and ADR, with an emphasis on supporting clients engaged in construction, engineering and infrastructure projects. Simon Ashworth has a strong reputation in public sector-led projects, including significant transport, education and healthcare developments.
Other key lawyers:
Fletcher Construction Limited
Icon Constructions Australia (NSW)
Illawarra Retirement Trust
Loreto Kirribilli Limited
Opal Aged Care
Seymour Whyte Constructions
Marubeni Corporation and its infrastructure fund
MM Capital Partners
Sterling and Wilson Australia
Suzlon Energy Australia
Canadian Solar (Australia)
Venn Artibir Group
Doosan Gridtech, Inc.
Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios S.A.
AMP Power Australia
- Advising the joint venture of Ferrovial and Acciona, as the construction entity in the G2Konnect Consortium, who are shortlisted bidders for the design and construction of the longest section of the Inland Rail mega-PPP, which will run through three states (Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria).
- Assisting Serco on its bid as facilities management contractor in the redevelopment of the existing Frankston Hospital on the Mornington Peninsula (the Project) as a Public Private Partnership.
- Assisting Seymour Whyte Constructions, who was selected by the Port of Melbourne (PoM) to enter into an Early Contractor Involvement Agreement (the ECI) for the Port Rail Transformation Project (PRTP), which will involve rail infrastructure works and a new rail operating framework inside the port worth approximately AUD125m.
‘The K&L Gates IP team has long been one of the leading IP practices in Melbourne, particularly in copyright and trade mark matters. They are fierce in the pursuit of their clients’ interests.’
‘The partners specialise in the sectors they target and provide value add discussions on market movements, status of the industry and initiatives implemented by similar organisations. This generates new work for the firm and provides me insight into the sector. The service provided is efficient and accurate.’
‘Jonathan Feder is exceptional in his advice. He is direct and commercial. His team innovates processes so they have clear processes and procedures. They are organised and can operate with little input/direction from me. I see and value them as part of my team.’
‘Patrick Sands, partner, I’ve worked with for many years. He is an outstanding lawyer, technically excellent, very client-focussed and commercial. A pleasure to work with.’
‘Chris Round has a very strong practice in trade marks and copyright. He is an astute practitioner, with an unstinting commitment to achieving the right outcome for his clients.’
Australian Football League
Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Directed Electronics Australia
First Sentier Investors
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical
Seafolly (L Catterton)
- Advised A2B Australia in litigation against Lime scooters and bicycles.
- Advised Deckers Outdoor, the owner of the UGG trade marks globally, in relation to the opposition of a number of Australian trade marks featuring the word UGG.
- Advising the AFL on its global brand portfolio (since 2006) including in relation to securing registration of trade marks and playing uniforms as registered designs for the 2021 season.
Roberta Chang; Betsy-Ann Howe
Other key lawyers:
K&L Gates > Firm Profile
The Firm: K&L Gates’ Australian operations provide vast knowledge of the Australian legal marketplace across a wide spectrum of industries. With lawyers located in four established offices in Australia’s leading financial and commercial centers—Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney—we act for industry leaders, major corporations, capital markets and venture capital participants, major financial institutions, and governments on groundbreaking legal transactions, both domestically and internationally.
With the extraordinary inbound investment into Australia from the Asia-Pacific region, especially from Australia’s largest trading partners (China, Japan, South Korea, and the United States), we have the resources on the ground to handle local and cross-border matters, projects, and transactions.
Australia Managing Partner: Nick Nichola
Australia: Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney. Asia: Beijing, Hong Kong, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo. Europe: Berlin, Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Milan, Munich, Paris. Middle East: Doha, Dubai. United States: Austin, Boston, Charleston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Fort Worth, Harrisburg, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York, Newark, Orange County, Palo Alto, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Research Triangle Park, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C., Wilmington. South America: Sao Paulo.
Taiwan: Employment & Labour Law
Published: March 2022
Authors: Jacqueline Fu Cecilia Lee
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Employment & Labour Law laws and regulations that may occur in Taiwan.
Taiwan: Mergers & Acquisitions
Published: April 2022
Authors: Jacqueline Fu Joseph Tseng
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Mergers & Acquisitions laws and regulations that may occur in Taiwan.
Singapore: International Arbitration
Published: November 2022
Authors: Narayanan Sreenivasan S.C. Raja Bose Robert Houston
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to International Arbitration laws and regulations that may occur in Singapore.
China: Renewable Energy
Published: June 2022
Authors: Cindy Ha Christopher Tung
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Renewable Energy laws and regulations that may occur in China.
- Banking and finance
- Competition and trade
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Environment and planning
- IT and telecoms
- Labour and employment: workplace health and safety (WHS)
- Labour and employment
- Project development
- Transport: aviation
- China > Tax: foreign firms