Polsinelli PC > Kansas City, United States > Firm Profile
Polsinelli PC Offices
700 WEST, 74TH STREET
KANSAS CITY, MO 64112
Polsinelli PC > The Legal 500 RankingsPolsinelli PC is known for its strength in acting on behalf of large health systems. The team’s transactional skill is particularly noteworthy, with the team’s Los Angeles office notably representing InTandem Capital Partners in its acquisition of the San Diego Fertility Center. It also acts in False Claim Act litigations, privacy cases and compliance matters for health tech companies. The team is co-led by five partners out of various offices: Chicago's Matt Murer, Jane Arnold in St Louis, Colleen Faddick in Denver, Dallas's Sherri Alexander and Stuart Pape in Washington DC. Also key is well-regarded DC-based privacy attorney Iliana Peters.
Matthew Murer; Jane Arnold; Colleen Faddick; Sherri Alexander; Stuart Pape
Other key lawyers:
Iliana Peters; Ryan Thurber; Jeffrey Fitzgerald; Jennifer Evans
‘Highly collaborative group of lawyers who are willing to involve others on the team with a required area of expertise. Lawyers in the health care practice are not “dabblers” or generalists who will use client money to learn a new area of law. Rather, the Polsinelli health care team has people with deep practical experience in traditional and emerging issue areas, coupled with a culture and work style/expectations that help to ensure that the right people are involved.’
‘Iliana Peters — superior practical expertise on HIPAA compliance strategies. Colleen Faddick — unbelievable depth in reimbursement and COVID related issues. Matthew Murer — highly effective on bridging legal and operational challenges in cross-state laboratory licensing in two highly regulated states. Jennifer Evans — superior understanding and ability to apply Medicaid law and operations to client business needs. Ryan Thurber — Highly skilled new shareholder who is able to connect the dots in multiple issue areas including structure, strategy, Medicaid, reimbursement and other highly technical issue areas, while also providing effective project management. Jeffrey Fitzgerald — practical, pragmatic approach to health care fraud and abuse compliance issues and strategies.’
InTandem Capital Partners/Fertility (ITC) Services, LLC
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Institute
Deerfield Healthcare Technology Acquisitions Corp
- Represented InTandem in the acquisition of San Diego Fertility Center.
- Advised the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Institute on research contracts for the conduct of phase III COVID-19 vaccine trials.
- Represented Deerfield Healthcare Technology Acquisitions Corp in the combined acquisition of two separate chains of medical centers.
Frank Ross; William Mahood; Jonathan Henderson
Other key lawyers:
Jane Arnold; Phillip Guttilla
‘The collaborative aspect of the firm is tremendous. You honestly have zero doubt that you are working with a national firm that has the expertise in any area of business that you find yourself in. And they genuinely come across like they are part of your team and the success of your project, not just paid legal. They want you to succeed and it is their professionalism that will get you there.’
‘Phillip Guttilla is a standout professional. He is amazing with people, works in a timely manner, and has the ability to see his clients vision and puts together a team that sits beside you, so to speak, in a way that you feel the firm is an extension of your team.’
‘Knowledgeable, responsiveness, professionalism, flexibility, inclusive and collaborative approach to solving problems.’
‘Likeable personalities, easy to communicate with, strong background, great communication skills.’
- Represented Cavco Industries, Inc. in its acquisition of assets and equity of certain subsidiaries of a large independent builder of modular and manufactured homes throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest markets in the U.S.
Jeffrey Bell; Denise Drake
Other key lawyers:
- Advising national and regional health care systems on obtaining hundreds of J-1 visa waivers for health care clients ranging from national and regional health care systems, community hospitals, to private practice groups.
- Advising a large U.S. non-profit on its immigration visa program.
Real estate Tier 4Polsinelli PC has a strong presence in the Midwestern real estate market, coupled with a strong track record handling sophisticated transactions and developments across the country. In Chicago, Eric Greenfield has a specialty in development and financing for student housing, public-private partnerships, senior housing, office, entertainment and education complexes. Benefiting from her Denver location, national practice chair Amy Kiefer Hansen specializes in resort and hospitality assets, in addition to her diverse transactional and private equity practice. Korb Maxwell in Kansas City is another key partner.
Amy Kiefer Hansen
‘Amy Hansen is without a doubt the best attorney we have ever worked with. She acts as our liaison to Polsinelli. She understands our needs and then assembles the right team within the firm to address the specific need. Everything from real estate, M&A, environmental, construction law, etc.’
‘Excellent team. Always available when time is of the essence. They put the appropriate team member forth for each task.’
Polsinelli PC > Firm Profile
Polsinelli’s Miami office rounds out our geographic footprint in the Southeast. As the economic, financial and cultural center of Florida, Miami offers our local and national clients access to cutting-edge business innovation. Our Miami attorneys serve clients in the health care, real estate, financial services, logistics and entertainment industries and provide a range of legal services including:
- Health Care
- Senior Living
- Health Care Fraud and Abuse
- Health Care M&A
- Corporate and Transactional
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Retail Leasing and Development
Our commitment to our clients is matched by our commitment to Miami. In an effort to further the community, our attorneys are dedicated members of local business and civic originations, including:
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida International University College of Medicine
- Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
- Nova Southeastern University
- Home Care Association of Florida
- Florida Bar’s Health Law Certification Committee
- Florida Association of Medical Equipment Services
- FIU Embrace
- Riverside House (a not-for-profit housing organization)
- American Red Cross
- Health Foundation of South Florida
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of South Florida
- Special Olympics Miami-Dade
- Victory Living Programs
LanguagesEnglish Espanol Spanish
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)