Moore & Van Allen, PLLC > Charlotte, United States > Firm Profile
Moore & Van Allen, PLLC Offices
100 NORTH TRYON STREET
CHARLOTTE NC 28202-4003
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Lawyer Profiles
Moore & Van Allen, PLLC > The Legal 500 Rankings
Finance > Commercial lending Tier 4Moore & Van Allen, PLLC is very active in the lending middle market and works with a number of banks as well as non-bank lenders on leveraged financing transactions. Due to its presence in Charlotte, the firm regularly works with Wells Fargo and Bank of America on deals which span structured finance unitranche financing, subscription finance and asset-based lending. Tom Mitchell and Wayne McKinzie lead the practice, which also includes serial dealmakers Meredith Reedy and Tripp Monroe. Sandra Lazorcheck joined the team from King & Spalding LLP in June 2021.
Tom Mitchell; Wayne McKinzie
Other key lawyers:
Bank of America, N.A./BofA Securities, Inc.
Wells Fargo Bank, National Association/Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
Fifth Third Bank
TIAA/Nuveen/Churchill Asset Management
PNC Bank, National Association
U.S. Bank, National Association
- Represented BofA Securities, Inc. as left lead arranger, and Bank of America, N.A. as administrative agent, in connection with a $2bn revolving credit facility to Flex Ltd.
- Represented Bank of America, N.A. and BofA Securities, Inc. in connection with a $750m syndicated Revolving Credit Facility for Sonoco Products Company.
- Represented a Japanese bank in connection with a $350m syndicated Revolving Credit Facility for Packaging Company of America.
Industry focus > Energy transactions: electric power Tier 4The multidisciplinary practice at Moore & Van Allen, PLLC advises energy companies, investors and lenders across the energy industry. The practice represents traditional and renewable energy facilities in acquisitions and divestitures, as well as advising private equity funds on the purchase and sale of energy companies and facilities. Another area of strength is assisting electricity generating projects with engineering procurement and construction agreements. Joe Fernandez leads the team from Charlotte and his expertise runs the gamut of transactional matters, including M&A, project finance, project contracts and the development of new facilities.
Heelstone Renewable Energy
GreenGo Energy US
National Grid USA
Cogentrix Energy Power Management
Brookfield Power US Asset Management
- Advised Fortune 150 publicly traded company Nucor in connection with the negotiation and execution of a long-term virtual power purchase agreement with EDF Renewables North America for 250MWac of solar energy in Texas.
- Advised investment funds managed by Ares on acquiring the exclusive right to purchase and monetize lease and royalty payments from wind energy generation.
- Represented Nucor in connection with the negotiation and execution of a long-term virtual power purchase agreement with Ørsted Onshore North America for 100MWac of wind energy from the Western Trail wind farm in Texas.
Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) Tier 1
Finance > Financial services regulation
Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
Moore & Van Allen, PLLC > Firm Profile
Moore & Van Allen is a full-service law firm that serves international, national, regional, and local clients in a wide range of industries and areas of focus, including corporate, financial services, commercial real estate, health care, manufacturing, retail, individual wealth management, and technology. Our focus on our clients has led to steady growth as one of the largest law firms in the Southeast with nearly 400 attorneys and professionals in over 75 areas of focus. We are strategically structured to nimbly provide clients with a comprehensive suite of legal services, collaborating across disciplines on their behalf.
Clients consist of 7 of the 12 Fortune 500 companies headquartered in North Carolina, over 30 of the current Fortune 200 companies, and almost 60 of the current Fortune 500 companies.
Nationally recognized, culturally inclusive, and community-spirited, we understand that success for our clients comes from investing in the strength of ideas and the power of collaboration.
Moore & Van Allen is also resolute in our commitment to charitable and pro bono service. We believe the legal community is uniquely poised to serve the underprivileged and our attorneys and staff continue to uphold our values of service and corporate social responsibility. We are firm in our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity, with our leadership dedicated to recruiting, developing, and promoting lawyers and staff of different backgrounds and experiences.
Areas of focus:
- Asset-based lending
- Bankruptcy and financial restructuring
- Class actions
- Closely held business and tax planning
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial real estate
- Commercial transactions
- Commercial, technology, service, and supply contracts
- Communications and media
- Compliance, controls and risk management
- Corporate governance and shareholder relations
- Data security and privacy
- Direct lending and private capital
- Economic development and incentives
- Employee benefits and compensation
- Employment and labor
- Environmental, social and corporate governance
- Family office and private investment
- Farm credit lending
- Financial regulatory advice and response
- Fund finance
- Fund formation and investment management
- Global services
- Government relations
- Health care
- Intellectual property
- Intellectual property disputes
- International estate planning
- Joint ventures and strategic transactions
- Junior debt and equity investments
- Litigation, regulatory and white-collar
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Nonprofit organizations and charitable giving
- Private equity
- Project and equipment finance
- Public affairs
- Public finance and tax-exempt lending
- Real estate finance
- Securities and capital markets
- Securities and capital markets litigation
- Small business investment companies
- Sports law
- Structured finance and securitizations
- Swaps, derivatives and structured products
- Syndicated lending
- Trademark and copyright
- Transportation, infrastructure and logistics
- Wealth, trust and estate planning
- White-collar and government enforcement defense
- Zoning, entitlement and land use
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)