Squire Patton Boggs > Singapore, Singapore > Firm Profile
Squire Patton Boggs Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#03-01/02, OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
Squire Patton Boggs > The Legal 500 RankingsSquire Patton Boggs has a broad geographic emphasis covering India, ASEAN and North Asia. It has a strong recent record in corporate restructuring and retrenchment initiatives, along with Covid-response programmes and diversity and inclusion projects. Julia Yeo is a genuine labour, employment and immigration specialist with strong credentials in Singapore and across Asia Pacific.
Sailpoint Technologies, Inc.
N3 Group / Accenture
Barry Stimpson; Chris Swart; Jessica Kenworthy; Kate Sherrard
‘Barry Stimpson is always available and makes the necessary call in a timely manner when trade timelines require. Great knowledge of the area and always a pleasure to use.’
‘Our working experience with Mr Swart/Mr John Rollason [London] and the team has been excellent. Mr Swart and Mr Rollason are highly experienced senior lawyers and apart from having been provided with very helpful and constructive legal advice, they also understand our business very well so they are able to connect the legal side of things with commercial considerations and practices. They are always available for phone- and video calls or for in-person meetings. We have not made out any weaknesses so far.’
‘We have worked with Mr Swart and Mr Rollason for a longer time now and are very confident not only of their professional capabilities but also appreciate their personalities and good characters which we value and trust.’
Berlian Laju Tankers/Shipowners’ Protection P&I Club
Mercantile & Marine
Vale International SA
Asia Coal Energy / Argyle Street Management
- Acted for Berlian Laju Tankers in claims against Petronas and Schlumberger relating to the detention of the vessel MT “Celosia” and her crew by Thai customs authorities in connection with the alleged smuggling of a cargo of oil by Schlumberger.
- Acted for Asia Coal Energy Ventures Limited (ACE), the successful first defendant, in a $70m claim brought by Raiffeisen Bank International AG arising out of ACE’s takeover in 2015 of Asia Resource Minerals plc, the indirect owner of PT Berau Coal.
- Advised the lenders in respect of the financing of the conversion of the LNG carrier Gimi into an FLNG vessel, to be operated by BP on the Greater Tortue / Ahmeyim Project located on the Mauritania and Senegal maritime border.
- Advised China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone Holdings on its joint venture with Viking Cruises to establish China’s first Chinese-flagged luxury cruise company, China Merchants Viking Cruises.
The South Asian subsidiary of a multinational renewable energy company
An Australian mining services company operating in India
Government of India
Government of Guatemala
Government of Colombia
Government of Bolivia
- Represented an Australian mining services company in an SIAC arbitration over the breach of a long-term services contract at an Indian mine site arising out of the Covid-19 pandemic and involving issues of force majeure.
- Representing the Government of India in proceedings brought by the Government of Italy under the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea before a PCA arbitral tribunal arising out of the shooting by two Italian marines stationed on an Italian oil tanker off the coast of India that resulted in the death of two Indian fishermen.
John Adam; José Ricardo Feris; Raúl B Mañón
‘José Ricardo Feris is a magnificent lawyer and outstanding arbitrator.‘
‘John Adam has exceptional knowledge of international arbitration and local affairs in Latin America. He has an exceptional grasp of detail and at the same time can step back and assess the strategic picture.‘
- Representing Peru in three ICSID arbitrations arising out of Peru’s alleged breaches of a concession agreement with a Spanish-Italian-Korean consortium for the construction of a metro line in Lima.
- Acting for Costa Rica in an arbitration arising from claims by a Spanish investor who initiated bankruptcy proceedings for a chicken farm business after permits were revoked following a Ministry of Health inspection.
- Defending Ecuador in a UNCITRAL investment arbitration against a claim for damages sought by WorleyParsons International related to the upgrade and construction of crude oil refineries in Ecuador.
Squire Patton Boggs > Firm Profile
|Banking and finance|
|Corporate and commercial transactions|
|Energy and natural resources|
|Hospitality and leisure|
|Infrastructure development and construction|
|Mergers and acquisitions|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 1,500+ at this office : 8
LanguagesBahasa Chinese (Cantonese Mandarin English Korean
OtherContacts : Ignatius K Hwang
Squire Patton Boggs > Firm Profile
Squire Patton Boggs is one of the world’s strongest integrated law firms, providing insight at the point where law, business and government meet.
We give clients a voice, support their ambitions and are committed to working alongside them to achieve successful outcomes.
With a multidisciplinary team of more than 1,500 lawyers in over 40 offices across four continents, we provide unrivalled access to expertise, guidance and invaluable connections on the ground. We deliver a seamlessly connected service that operates on any scale – locally or globally – and encompasses virtually every matter, jurisdiction and market.
We offer solutions shaped by a clear, commercially focused understanding of clients’ business. Our robust and open culture enables us to find the right answers quickly and effectively from committed teams who understand the geographic, sector or issue-specific challenges at hand. Recognizing the impact of politics and regulation on businesses across the world today, we have a unique mix of world-renowned lobbying and political capabilities supporting clients across Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
We advise a diverse mix of clients – from long-established leading corporations to emerging businesses, startup visionaries and sovereign nations – whom we place at the core of everything we do.
|Ken Kurosuemail@example.com||+81 3 5774 1800|
|Dan Roulesfirstname.lastname@example.org||+86 21 6103 6309|
|Campbell Davidsonemail@example.com||+61 2 8248 7878|
|Tony Chongfirstname.lastname@example.org||+61 8 9429 7688|
|Barry Stimpsonemail@example.com||+65 6922 7870|
|Joon Yong Kimfirstname.lastname@example.org||+82 2 2010 8848|