Enlighten Law Group > Taipei, Taiwan > Firm Profile
Enlighten Law Group Offices
11/F, 391 Xinyi Rd Sec. 4
Enlighten Law Group > The Legal 500 Rankings
Taiwan > Banking and finance Tier 3Enlighten Law Group routinely acts for various regional players in energy, fintech, venture capital, and economic policy, advising on a host of banking and finance matters. In recent months, the team has handled regulatory reviews for fast-growth startups, and variable interest entity structures for significant cross-border investors. Kunchou Tsai specialises in blockchain, financial regulations, and investment disputes regarding high-risk derivative products. Futures specialist and former TWSE commissioner Jingfan Chen is also recommended.
‘The boutique sized team has a broader professional scope in terms of specialised services. They went above and beyond to understand my case, despite the fact that there were very few precedent cases in Taiwan. The team is willing to take on new challenges in emerging fields as well, such as recent regulatory changes related to cryptocurrency.’
‘Leading Partner Kunchou Tsai is a highly efficient, responsive, and knowledgable professional who treats each client with a high level of dedication. He is highly observant towards human nature, often correctly anticipating the following actions of counter parties long before they occur.’
‘Enlighten Law is a firm with an international focus. Enlighten’s partner, Mr. Kunchou Tsai, is well-versed in Taiwanese as well as U.S. and English law. The Enlighten Law team is very responsive and easy to collaborate with. It is a privilege to work with them.’
Bureau of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs
Cadesigner Engineering Sp. z o.o.
Global Wind Service A/S
Hong Kong Sujitech Holding Limited
How Invest Co., Ltd.
iKala Interactive Media Co., Ltd
Jinxin Fertility Group Limited
K-Hands Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
Ministry of Health and Welfare
New Crop Capital
Offshore Wind Consultants Limited
Pelith Technology Co., Ltd
Samarkand Global Limited
TECO Electric & Machinery Co., Ltd.
Tien-Li Offshore Wind Engergy
Trading Technologies International, Inc.
UserXper Digital Consulting Co., Ltd.
Wei-Wei Electronics Co., Ltd.
Enlighten Law Group > Firm Profile
About Enlighten Law Group: The name of the law firm comes from the motto of the University of California Berkeley and the Law School, “Let There Be Light” (Latin “Fiat Lux”).
The first meaning of this name is “bring the light”. We believe that installment of the law for the parties in need of legal assistance, functions like the introduction of light into the dark, or bringing in the hope in despair. The second dimension of its meaning is “enlightenment”. We believe that the rightful and innovative legal concepts are of significance to the enlightenment of society and the public. It is also an important driving force for social progress. The third level means that we believe that the progress of the legal system and practical matters, need more creativity and new knowledge, in order to light up the ancient traditions of legal professional areas.
A cutting-edge law firm: Enlighten Law Group, established by Mr Kunchou Tsai, Esq, aims at cross-border and cutting edge legal and financial issues. We are experts in finance, banking, M&A, capital markets, arbitration and transnational matters. We strive to function as the interface between legal, finance and technology, with our official logo representing the element of Blockchain, and we are recognised by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific as one of the top tier Fintech law firms.
We are invited to give speeches about Fintech and Blockchain in the official conferences of International Bar Association (IBA) and Law Society of Hong Kong (HK Solicitor Association), as the first ever Taiwanese law firm.
A seasoned and quality law firm: Our partners and counsel have long-standing legal and lawyer experience and are highly recognized by this industry and clients in their respective fields. We look forward to providing efficient and quality services in an innovative manner, especially in emerging and interdisciplinary areas, such as Fintech, Economic Crime or Forensic Accounting. Our goal is to bring a brand new wave to Taiwan’s legal services market and provide appropriate, efficient, and high quality services for customers with various needs.
A global and cross-border law firm: Due to the recent changes in the global economy and the New Southbound Policy of the Taiwan government, Belt and Road Initiative in mainland China, we attach importance to cross-border capacity, whether through international cooperation, or through active participation in international organizations, more active deployment and use of international networks, but also through such an international network to support our customers around the world, and to assist our clients to globalize their development.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Leading firm: Enlighten Law Group is recommended by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific as a 2019 & 2020 Leading firm in Banking and finance , and the managing partner Mr Tsai is recommended as the prominent lawyer with such endorsement. The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific recognizes our efforts and achievement for the following international commercial cases and matters:
- Advocated the French semiconductor equipment vendor in international lawsuits against the listed company and submitted the bankruptcy proceedings against the counterparty (May 2016)
- Appointed as the Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (May 2017)
- Conducted cases of transnational derivative financial commodity disputes (November 2017)
- Managed the M&A and breach of contract disputes in the Norwegian courts (December 2017)
- Represented the Taiwan Bar Associations in the International Bar Association conference in Hong Kong (January 2018)
- Appointed by the Chinese Arbitration Association as the chief arbitrator, presided the government procurement and public-private-partnership disputes case (February 2018)
- The very first law firm participated in Computex Taipei (June 2018)
- Conducted the dispute case of the letter of credit at the French Commercial Court (August 2018)
- Represented the Taiwan Bar Association as the speaker in the seminar of “ABC to Building a Smart Belt and Road: Law and Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Cloud” Conference of the Law Society of Hong Kong (September 2018)
- Appointed Lecturer on “Digital Legal, Policy and Ethics Issues” at the Institute of China Business, the University of Hong Kong (December 2018)
- Invited to participate in a delegation of the Taiwan Startup Team of the Taiwan External Trade Association to visit Israel (February 2019)
- Participated as the speaker on cryptocurrency issues in the biennial conference of the International Bar Association in Tokyo (February 2019)
- Successfully obtained the approval of the financial regulatory sandbox experiment FUNDSWAP, a weakly centralized fund exchange platform, for our Fintech client (July 2019)
- Represented clients in an international arbitration between Taiwan and Singapore, and filed the first emergency arbitration ever in Taiwan (August 2019)
- Represented Taiwanese offshore wind blade manufacturer in negotiating the Master Agreement with Danish MVOW, the world’s largest wind turbine generator supplier (August 2019)
- Represented the Taipei Bar Association in the “2nd ASEAN and South Asia Economic and Trade Law Forum” as the moderator in the electronic payment session (September 2019)
- Represented the Taipei Bar Association in the 32nd Lawasia Annual Conference, co-organized by the Law Society of Hong Kong, as the speaker in the virtual assets and capital market session
- Invited to serve as the judge of the CIETAC International Arbitration Moot Court in Beijing (November 2019)
- Invited by the Institute of China Business of the University of Hong Kong to give lectures on “The Opportunities and Legal Challenges of Digital Innovation in Blockchain” in HKU Shenzhen and Shanghai Campuses (December 2019)
- Appointed by 500 Startups as one of the 500 Mentors, specialised in Fintech and Legal (July 2020)
|Banking and financial regulations||Kunchou Tsai|
|Blockchain and cryptocurrencies||Kunchou Tsai|
|Blockchain and cryptocurrencies||Katt Gu|
|Fintech and regulatory sandbox||Kunchou Tsai|
|Fintech and regulatory sandbox||Meng-Hsiang Lin|
|Financial compliance and anti-money laundering||Kunchou Tsai|
|Capital markets and corporate finance||Kunchou Tsai|
|Capital markets and corporate finance||Jing-Fang Chen|
|Securities and company laws||Kunchou Tsai|
|Securities and company laws||Jing-Fang Chen|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Kunchou Tsai|
|International trading and foreign investments||Kunchou Tsai|
|International trading and foreign investments||Laurence Kao|
|Trusts and property||Adam Lin|
|Intellectual property||Laurence Kao|
|Licensing strategy and IP litigation||Laurence Kao|
|Trade secrets and privacy||Laurence Kao|
|Trade secrets and privacy||Alice Yang|
|Arbitration and ADR||Kunchou Tsai|
|International litigation management||Kunchou Tsai|
|International litigation management||Laurence Kao|
|Civil litigation and criminal defense||Andy Chen|
|Civil litigation and criminal defense||Daniel Tseng|
|Marriage and family laws||Daniel Tseng|
|Forensic accounting||Adam Lin|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 16 at Taipei office : 12 Taipei office address : 11/F, 391 Xinyi Rd Sec. 4, Xinyi Dist. Taipei 110 Taiwan Other offices : Shanghai, London
LanguagesEnglish Japanese Chinese (Mandarin)
MembershipsChartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission IBA (International Bar Association) Taipei Bar Association International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) British Chamber of Commerce
- Banking and finance