Firm Profile > Neupane Law Associates > Kathmandu, Nepal
Neupane Law Associates Offices
2ND FLOOR, CENTRAL BUSINESS PARK
Neupane Law Associates > The Legal 500 Rankings
Leading firms Tier 1
Neupane Law Associates litigation and corporate work primarily in M&A, project finance, banking, and dispute resolution, especially regarding high-value, complex international transactions and disputes. Corporate and finance leader Anjan Neupane is known for his work litigating in the Nepalese High Court and Supreme Court, while commercial litigation leader Balkrishna Neupane provides specialist advice in joint financings, joint ventures, and M&A.
‘Neupane Law Associates was responsive and helpful. The team provided advice not just about Nepalese law but also local practice.’
‘Anjan Neupane was hands-on and ready to hop on calls to answer queries to move the transaction forward.’
OPEC Fund for International Development
Tetrapak India Pte. Ltd.
Bupa Health Insurance
Nepal Princess Plan
The Export-Import Bank of China
China Export and Credit Insurance Corporation
Equicap Asia Pte. Ltd.
Visa International Pte. Ltd.
Ant Financial (Alipay)
Japan Bank of International Cooperation
Millennium Challenge Corporation
Saisan Co. Ltd.
CIB Finance and Leasing
Power China Sino Hydro
Kansai Electric Power Company
Neupane Law Associates > Firm Profile
Neupane Law Associates is a leading corporate law firm in Nepal. Lawyers of the firm specialize in banking, foreign investment, dispute resolution, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, project development, and cross-border transactions. Its lawyers have been advising clients in many notable transactions and complex disputes for over 35 years.
The firm is consistently ranked as a top-tier practice by leading international publications such as The Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR1000. The firm combines best international standards and extensive local expertise of the Nepalese market. The firm caters to both domestic and international clients and often work as local counsel to international law firms.
|Corporate & Commercial||Anjan Neupaneemail@example.com||+977-1-4101631|
|Litigation & Arbitration||Anjan Neupanefirstname.lastname@example.org||+977-1-4101631|
|Banking & Finance||Anjan Neupaneemail@example.com||+977-1-4101631|
|Mergers & Acquisitions||Anjan Neupanefirstname.lastname@example.org||+977-1-4101631|
Staff FiguresPartners : 3 Of Counsel/Consultants : 3 Associates : 10
MembershipsIBA (International Bar Association)
Banking and Finance
- Bank of China and other lenders in $200 million financing for the Hongshi-Shivam Cement Project
- FMO, DEG, OFID, and other Nepali lenders in $142.5 million financing for 82MW Lower Solu Hydropower Project
- International Finance Corporation, NIC Asia Bank and HIDCL in $90 million financing for 37MW Kabeli A Hydropower
- Deutsche Bank in undertaking various banking transactions with Nepalese counterparties
- Julius Baer Banking Group in undertaking banking and derivative transactions with counterparties involving various Nepalese commercial banks
- SAARC Development Fund in drafting of its standard loan documentations for use in Nepal
M&A and Joint Ventures
- Closure System International in the sale of its Nepal subsidiary to Pact Group
- Daraz Group in the sale of Daraz Nepal to Alibaba Group
- CCK Power Group in the acquisition of 138MW Upper Marshyangdi-1 hydropower project
- Saisan in the acquisition of 51% stake in NL Gas Udhyog Ltd., a leading gas company in Nepal
- Himalayan Infrastructure Fund in joint venture with Tibet Airlines and Yeti World Investment to form the largest aviation joint venture in Nepal Himalaya Airlines
- Euronet Worldwide in the acquisition of global operations of IME, largest remittance company in Nepal
- A leading A-class commercial bank in Nepal and its key shareholders in the potential sale of 15% stake to a foreign multilateral strategic investor
- Viettel Telecom in the potential acquisition of a majority stake in one of the largest telecom companies in Nepal
- Marriott International in undertaking management and licensing agreements for Marriott and Fairfield brand hotels
- Hilton in undertaking management and licensing agreements for DoubleTree hotels
- Uber in market entry and establishment of subsidiary in Nepal
- Milvik in market entry and establishment of subsidiary in Nepal
- Kansai Power in regulatory aspects of electricity business in Nepal
- ICBC Financial Leasing in leasing of two Aribus-A320s to Himalaya Airlines
- China Development Bank Leasing inleasing of two Aribus-A320s to Himalaya Airlines
- Patron Spirits in undertaking distribution agreements with Nepalese distributor
- Nissan Motors in defending various lawsuits filed by previous distributor following non-renewal at District Court, High Court and Supreme Court
- Northern and Western Insurance Company in defending reinsurance claim filed by a Nepalese insurance company
- Mesra Saksama in connection to shareholder dispute claim at the High Court against an internet service provider
- Marriott International in trademark protection and enforcement issues related to its trademarks
- Pernod Ricard in advice on disputes related to termination of its agreement with a Nepalese distillery
- Ganpati Tobacco in dispute relating to the ownership of Raj Niwas trademark
Anjan Neupane, PartnerPartner Anjan Neupane explains how the firm is adapting to changing needs of clients.
What do you see as the main points that differentiate Neupane Law Associates from your competitors?
The international quality of work, in-depth expertise of the market we operate in, commercial approach, and proactive service offered by Neupane Law Associates is the key difference between us and other law firms.
Which practices do you see growing in the next 12 months? What are the drivers behind that?
Key practice area growing in the next 12 months is venture capital. Main driver behind that is the growth in start-ups in Nepal and a massive interest in investing in growth companies. Other practice areas that are expected to grow is international project finance of power and infrastructure project.
What’s the main change you’ve made in the firm that will benefit clients?
Nepalese law is currently changing rapidly with federalism and new constitution being implemented. Therefore, we are sending out updates to all clients on the rapidly changing legal developments.
Is technology changing the way you interact with your clients, and the services you can provide them?
Yes, use of technologies such as email, videoconference, teleconference, cloud computing is changing interaction with our clients.
Can you give us a practical example of how you have helped a client to add value to their business?
We are adding value to our client’s business in every work we do, otherwise client’s would not hire us at all. Recently, we helped a very innovative startup raise capital from international sources. It was the first time the client was entering into such transactions and did not have any knowledge. They highly appreciated our hands on approach.
Are clients looking for stability and strategic direction from their law firms – where do you see the firm in three years’ time?
Neupane Law Associates is currently a leading corporate law firm in Nepal. Our aim in the next three years would be to maintain this position and also to be clearly recognizable as head and shoulders above the rest. We also plan to increase the size of our firm by promoting existing associates into partners or through lateral hire.