Humphrey & Helfrich > Douglas, Isle Of Man > Firm Profile
Humphrey & Helfrich Offices
THE OLD COURTHOUSE
Isle Of Man
- Go to...
Humphrey & Helfrich > The Legal 500 Rankings
Isle of Man > Commercial property Tier 1Humphrey & Helfrich, which recently rebranded from its former identity of Long & Humphrey, continues to be active in the commercial property space. Mark Humphrey has assisted a number of major hospitality clients in the acquisition and sale of properties. He also advises private clients on the management and sale of their land. Shona Quayle has experience in dealing with rural and urban properties.
Other key lawyers:
Shona Quayle; Beth Greenhalgh; Stacey Meakin
‘The partners and staff know and appreciate our business and give relevant, cost-effective advice.’
‘Mark Humphrey is our main contact and we are grateful for his experience and advice.’
Isle of Man > Dispute resolution Tier 2Humphrey & Helfrich offers a comprehensive service in dispute resolution, representing clients in matters pertaining to, among others, commercial and contract disputes, personal injury, trusts and estates, debt recovery, reputation management, civil fraud and land disputes as well as judicial reviews. Director Oliver Helfrich has a focus on private client, employment personal injury and medical negligence claims as well as judicial reviews. Clients appreciate the Helfrich is committed to them and assists them ‘through the whole process’.
‘Individual attention – the client is a person, not a number passing through’
‘Oliver Helfrich is professional and very knowledgeable, but listens and adjusts his advice to suit the client’s needs.’
‘Showed an instant understanding to the situation and frustrations with our request for support. Oliver Helfrich was both ambitious in further understanding the pro e-sport sector as well as showing a unique understanding of the personal effects it was having and was able to provide guidance over and above what we would have expected.’
‘Oliver Helfrich even though a senior partner within the company deal directly with us, was always available and worked tirelessly to support us throughout. Oliver did not pass us down the chain to a less senior member of staff but fully committed to us and we dealt with Oliver through the whole process.’
Peel Town Commissioners
Castletown Town Commissioners
Garff Parish Commissioners
Braddan Parish Commissioners
Isle of Man Enterprises (Shoprite brand)
British Cycling instructed through Leigh Day UK
British Triathlon instructed through Leigh Day UK
- Acted for the claimant in a successful statutory challenge to part of the Isle of Man Area Plan for the East, brought pursuant to section 5(2) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1999. The claim involved a novel point of law; the First Deemster’s reviewed the relevant authorities and made findings in favour of the claimant.
- Acted for the Claimant in a land / right of way dispute, part of a wider more complicated land dispute (heard together, but not consolidated) in which a number of points of law were argued. Successfully argued that the principle of “lost modern grant” is part of the Manx common law.
- Acted for the joint liquidators of New Earth Recycling and Renewables (Infrastructure) Plc (in liquidation) and associated companies regarding the collapse of a £171m fund.
Isle of Man > Employment Tier 2Humphrey & Helfrich provides clients with a range of contentious and non-contentious services, including before the High Court and Employment Tribunal. Joint department head Oliver Helfrich is active in assisting public and private bodies involved in employment disputes and also regularly appears before the Employment Tribunal.
‘Oliver Helfrich was fantastic to deal with, the company was a breath of fresh air and we can’t thank them enough.’
‘Oliver Helfrich – amazing, just amazing!’
Manx Financial Group plc / Conister Bank
Isle of Man Enterprises plc (including, Shoprite brand)
Peel Town Commissioners
Fedelta Trust Company
Manx Internet Commerce
Isle of Man Opportunities
Trident Trust Company (I.O.M.) Limited
- Ongoing advice and assistance to Isle of Man Enterprises plc in relation to a broad range of employment issues (both contentious and non-contentious) to this PLC.
- Ongoing advice and assistance to Manx Financial Group PLC in relation to a broad range of employment issues, both contentious and non-contentious.
- Ongoing advice and assistance to Fedelta Group Limited in relation to a broad range of employment issues, both contentious and non-contentious.
Isle of Man > Corporate and commercial Tier 3Humphrey & Helfrich, which until February 2022 was known as Long & Humphrey, combines extensive corporate and commercial expertise with significant experience working in-house at clients such as owner managed businesses and financial services providers. The firm works across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on tech clients from the worlds of e-gaming, blockchain and multimedia. Key names include advocate Matthew Kinrade and solicitor Eleanor Heywood Jones, who ‘provide a responsive, high-quality service.’
Other key lawyers:
‘We have been using the practice since its formation. They have unique strenth in corporate work as we are at the present using them for a sale of our buisiness.’
‘I have always dealt with the company at partner level and have found them to be extremely efficient’
‘The firm take a pragmatic approach in their advice specialising in corporate and commercial.’
‘Eleanor Heywood-Jones is our ‘go-to’ person in the practice. She is very personable and approachable and if she is unable to advise on the matter to hand she will ensure that another Advocate in the practice is introduced.’
‘Matt Kinrade and Eleanor Heywood-Jones provide a responsive, high-quality service.’
‘They whole team are wonderful to work with.’
Manx Financial Group Plc
Cavendish Trust Limited
Conister Bank Limited
Aston International Limited
Sterling Trust Limited
Horizonte Minerals Plc
- Acted as Isle of Man advisor in the main market de-listing and AIM admission of Emmerson Plc.
- Advised AIM and TSX listed Horizonte Minerals Plc in relation to a USD346,000,000 re-financing.
- Assisted the founders in relation to the establishment of a Metaverse and associated token issue.
Isle of Man > Private client, trusts and tax Tier 3
- Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution