Fox Mandal & Associates > Bangalore, India > Firm Profile
Fox Mandal & Associates Offices
FM House 6/12 Primrose Road
Fox Mandal & Associates > The Legal 500 Rankings
India > Corporate and M&A Tier 3Operating primarily in the mid-market, Fox Mandall’s corporate and M&A practice handles mandates ranging from commercial negotiations, regulatory and compliance to joint ventures and corporate acquisitions, including domestic and multijurisdictional M&A in the energy (including renewables), logistics, TMT and e-commerce sectors. Jeevanandham Rajagopal (who leads operations across the south and west regions) recently advised on strategic corporate restructurings involving cross-border security issuances. Purnima Kamble and Sathya Prasad T lead on investment-related mandates for established and growth businesses.
‘Genius, genuine and generous.’
Hubilo Technologies Inc.
HKR Roadways Ltd
- Assisted Hubilo Softech Private Limited; Hubilo Technologies Inc in negotiating and effecting restructuring of the organisation, strategising and effecting exit of angel investors and induction of new investor.
- Assisting Randa India in structuring and strategising a joint venture for manufacture and sale of belts and other allied products for domestic and export markets.
- Assisted an infrastructure client in a transaction valued around 750 crore involving divestment of the promoter’s 74% equity interest in the client company to Kotak Special Situations Fund and an investment by the aforementioned fund through debt route for the purpose of refinancing.
Intellectual property Tier 3Fox Mandal & Associates is home to ‘agile experts’ who provide a full range of IP maintenance and exploitation services, with an emphasis on the IP aspects of transactions such as acquisitions together with patents cases in the electronics and IT sectors. Santosh Vikram Singh‘s skills range from corporate advisory matters and portfolio management to enforcement and disputes. He is also known for his handling of sports, media and entertainment law matters such as the production, acquisition and distribution of media contents. Rajesh Vellakkat also covers a broad range of IP matters, especially in the IT/tech sectors, data privacy and e-commerce. Sripirya Padmanaban, who heads the Bengaluru office, is highlighted by clients for her IP expertise combined with broader commercial work.
Other key lawyers:
‘They provide in-depth analysis of provisional refusal instructions referred and sound advice.’
‘We work with Sripriya Padmanaban (associate) and Santosh Vikram Singh (partner). Both lawyers are well versed in the IP field and their turnaround time to respond to our queries have been good.’
Reyocto Agrimation Private Limited
Global Consumer Products
- Assisted Matrimonial Platform, one of India’s leading matrimonial platforms, in IP advisory, protection and enforcement.
- Assisting Healthcare Devices Company in protecting their IP, including patents and designs for their various healthcare devices in India and abroad.
- Assisting one of the world’s largest providers of food and beverage services for travellers in managing their entire IP portfolio in India.
India > Projects and energy Tier 3On the energy side of Fox Mandal‘s practice, Chennai-based co-head Jeevanandham Rajagopal brings a long line of experience in wind and solar projects, continually assisting major OEMs and IPPs with project funding, EPCs and land acquisitions. Ramanathan Chandrasekaran and Bangalore-based Prashantha Kumar round off the leadership, fielding expertise across the transport infrastructure, mining, water management and urban infrastructure sectors.
Eagle Wardha Highways Pvt Ltd
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)
BRB Buildcon Pvt. Ltd.
Meenambakkam Realty Private Limited
Invent Assets Securitisation and Reconstruction Private Limited
CSB Bank Ltd
Tamil Nadu Housing Board
Mahindra Life Space
House of Hiranandani
- Advised a logistic company on the acquisition of land parcels for warehouse projects in Bangalore.
- Assisted a Dubai based HNI Investor with a commercial development proposed to be developed by way of share purchase and subscription to compulsory convertible debentures of the company that owns the land on which the commercial development is proposed.
- Advised Concorde Group on the acquisition of the land parcels for the residential project in the heart of Bangalore city through a joint development.
‘As compared to other firms, the labour and employment lawyers at Fox Mandal stand out due to their depth of practical knowledge about the industry, in addition to being excellent legal experts.’
‘Kaustuv Chander is an expert in the field – accessible, solution-oriented and with a good reputation.’
Dr Agarwal’s Eye Hospital
- Assisting a client with establishing an environmental and social management system, and framing various policies.
- Assisted a client with legal issues arising out of the Factories Act and West Bengal Factories Rules in respect of the development of three sewage treatment plants, along with some associated infrastructure undertaken by the company as a concessionaire under the Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority.
- Advising a client on the transfer of employees within the group company pursuant to a merger of companies, the review and drafting of the employee handbook and policies, inquiry procedures, the tripartite agreement between the employees, transferor and transferee company, consent and appointment letters, and so on.
India > Tax Tier 4Fox Mandal‘s tax practice expanded in 2020 with the arrival of Mumbai and Pune-based international tax specialist Sandip Mukherjee, previously a tax partner at Deloitte India, as well as Bangalore-based Gopala Rao, a former chief commissioner of income tax. Mukherjee and Rao lead the practice with indirect tax specialist Pramod Banthia and director Ranganath Harirao, both also in Bangalore. Matters typically involve GST claims, tax incidence and transfer pricing regulations and the structuring of share purchase agreements.
- Represented a well-reputed infrastructure company in proceedings before the Commissioner of Income Tax (Appeals).
- Advised an aerospace and aviation client on the implications of customs duty on the import of aircraft into India.
- Advised an international telecoms company on the taxability of royalty payments made under a product licence agreement under the extant provisions of Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.
Fox Mandal & Associates > Firm Profile
Established in 1896, Fox Mandal is among the oldest full-service law firms in India.
Fox Mandal & Associates came into existence from its predecessor Fox & Mandal in 1996 when it expanded to Southern India and established its Bangalore office. Now, with pan-India presence and more than 250 professionals, Fox Mandal & Associates has the privilege of catering to a wide range of legal requirements of a diverse clientele.
The firm consistently enables clients to successfully navigate through the maze of complex and rapidly changing law in a world that is being continually transformed by globalization, technology, and a blurring of conventional boundaries. Fox Mandal has been carrying a legacy of quality and integrity through the years by offering a comprehensive range of legal services pertaining to 80+ practice areas:
|Corporate M&A / Real Estate/ Private Clients||Shuva Mandalemail@example.com||+919880974882|
|Competition & antitrust/ Insurance & re-insurance||N L Mitra (Prof)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Labour/Litigation / Arbitration||Kaustuv Chunderemail@example.com||+919836791212|
|Corporate M&A / Labour & Employment/Real Estate||Purnima Kamblefirstname.lastname@example.org||+919848027520|
|Corporate M&A/ Project Finance/Investment Fund||Jeevanandham Rajagopalemail@example.com||+919841166670|
|Corporate M&A/ Banking &Finance||Shourya Mandalfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919830038367|
|Labour & Employment / Litigation||Shyamal Mukherjeeemail@example.com||+919901044688|
|Intellectual Property/ Sports Law||Santosh Vikram Singhfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919901311622|
|Real Estate & Infrastructure||Jayaprakash Padmanabanemail@example.com||+919884217191|
|Litigation / Arbitration||Vijaya Kumar Reddy Tfirstname.lastname@example.org||+918008447849|
|Corporate M&A/ Compliance / Insolvency||Sathya Prasad Temail@example.com||+919741699155|
|Real Estate/ Litigation||Prashantha Kumar S Tfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919880162142|
|TMT/ Data Protection/ IP||Rajesh Vellakkatemail@example.com||+919449837538|
|Litigation / Arbitration||Shyam Sundarfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919686660528|
|Infrastructure/ Project Finance||Chandrasekaran Ramanathanemail@example.com||+919444398172|
|Infrastructure / COO||Ramaswamy Bfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919972471100|
|Taxation||G V Gopala Raoemail@example.com||+919483512333|
|Indirect Tax||Pramod Banthiafirstname.lastname@example.org||+919845088696|
|International Tax||Sandip Mukherjeeemail@example.com||+919890036292|
|Real Estate / Corporate||Sumit Dharfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919830045497|
|Banking & Finance, Corporate M&A||Orijit Chatterjeeemail@example.com||+919831042949|
|Family Business, Real Estate||Prerona Silfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919831058183|
|Dispute Resolution / Litigation||Sreya Basu Mallickemail@example.com||+919830448753|
|Banking & Finance, Litigation||Arindam Guhafirstname.lastname@example.org||+919830146274|
|Real Estate||Ashish Sharmaemail@example.com||+919830068130|
|Dispute Resolution, Litigation||Saurabh Bindalfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919953858787|
|Corporate M&A, PE, VC||Rohan Singhemail@example.com||+919167223387|
|Mr Ranganath Hari||Director||View Profile|
|Mr Prashantha Kumar Shimoga Thayappa||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Shyamal Mukherjee||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Sathya Prasad Yadav Tekumatla||Head – Corporate Compliance||View Profile|
|Mr Santosh Vikram Singh||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Shyam Sundar H V||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Rajesh Vellakkat||Partner||View Profile|
Staff FiguresPartners : 28 Lawyers & Other Professionals(CA/CS/Technical Experts) : 250+
LanguagesEnglish all regional Indian languages Chinese
MembershipsABA (American Bar Association) Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA) Bar Council of India Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa The Inter Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) International Bar Association (IBA) International Trade Mark Association (INTA) IFA (International Fiscal Association) ITechLaw Association
At Fox Mandal, diversity is not just a matter of compliance with the letter of the law or a statistic to be reported. We believe that innovation can occur only when we empower our people to openly express their views. We craft eclectic approaches, solutions or even best practice from these diverse thoughts and ideas to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and other stakeholders.