CORE Attorneys > Zurich, Switzerland > Firm Profile
CORE Attorneys Offices
CORE Attorneys > The Legal 500 Rankings
Switzerland > Competition Tier 4Boutique law firm CORE Attorneys specialises in competition, regulatory and distribution law. Swiss and international clients instruct the group in matters such as anti-competitive conduct, merger control proceedings, risk assessments and preliminary strategic considerations, compliance programmes and internal investigations as well as unfair competition law, public procurement and price surveillance matters. The key contacts are ‘subject matter expert‘ Mario Strebel and Fabian Koch who has ‘in-depth knowledge.‘
Mario Strebel; Fabian Koch
‘Fantastic team, very dynamic and progressive.’
‘The team thinks out of the box and provides tailor-made solutions.’
‘CORE Attorney is a fairly young boutique-style competition practice that is also active in the area of regulated markets. It is a small, young, dynamic and hardworking team of experienced and knowledgeable competition lawyers.’
‘Mario Strebel is a well-known figure in the Swiss competition law market and a very knowledgeable and well-connected competition lawyer. In addition to competition law, Mario is also experienced in network regulated industries and distribution law matters.’
‘Fabian Koch is an emerging partner in the Swiss market with a good reputation and in-depth knowledge of competition law and connected areas such as public procurement.’
‘Very accessible. A small and agile team which is very fast in answering requests. Simple access to senior partners; they are just a phone call away, which is great – even for small questions, you get easy access to the best-suited partner.’
‘Small, but highly dedicated and experienced team. Strong focus on competition law and regulation.’
‘Mario Strebel is an outstanding lawyer with a clear focus and overview of his cases. You’ll be in good hands with him!’
Medela AG (Olle Larsson Holding AG)
- Advising Breitling on distribution law and day-to-day compliance matters.
- Assisted STRABAG AG with day-to-day competition compliance matters, including respective training sessions.
- Advising Olle Larsson Holding AG and, in particular, its subsidiary Medela AG on distribution law and day-to-day compliance matters.
CORE Attorneys > Firm Profile
CORE Attorneys is a Swiss boutique law firm focusing on competition law, regulatory matters and distribution law.
- [CO] Competition law: We advise and represent national and international clients from a broad range of industries throughout Switzerland in particular regarding all aspects of competition law, including all forms of anti-competitive conduct, merger control proceedings and the coordination of multijurisdictional filings, commercial agreements and all forms of cooperation, initial risk assessments and preliminary strategic considerations in M&A transactions, competition law support in the due diligence process and compliance measures for integration planning, compliance programmes and internal investigations as well as unfair competition law, public procurement and price surveillance matters.
- [RE] Regulatory: We support clients in resolving their regulatory issues, in particular at the interface of sector-specific regulation and competition law. We have special expertise in various industries, including media and telecommunication, infrastructure and transport, postal services, energy, finance and FinTech, pharma and healthcare and waste management.
- [+] Distribution law: For our clients, we assess, negotiate and draft various forms of agreements. Furthermore, we represent them in commercial disputes, pre-trial and in court, that inter alia relate to agency, exclusive and selective distribution as well as franchise agreements, sale and purchase agreements, licensing agreements, cooperation agreements, including R&D-partnerships and joint ventures, and product safety and regulation.
What sets CORE Attorneys Ltd apart from other firms
- Boutique approach: What sets us apart in particular from big law firms is the lean, flexible and entrepreneurial set-up of a boutique law firm. While guaranteeing the same quality level, this allows us to dedicate ourselves even more rigorously and with even greater focus to the cause of our clients. We offer our clients efficient and effective advice and representation at all times and stand for uncompromised and solution-oriented support.
- Deep understanding of various industries: Based on our experience and expertise, we have a deep understanding of various industries and markets. Our practice is based on a long standing experience in all focus areas and in various roles such as law clerks, authority members, in-house and external counsel.
- Strong and loyal clients: Even though CORE Attorneys is a rather young law boutique, it has a legacy with strong and loyal clients that have followed us into the new set-up. Hence, we are repeatedly sought after by Swiss and international companies faced with complex competition law/antitrust and regulatory issues.
- Strong presence with publications, presentations and seminars: CORE Attorneys are recognized experts in their fields and have written several publications on competition law and related matters. In particular, they author the Switzerland chapters of Lexology | Getting The Deal Through with regard to Cartel Regulation, Dominance as well as Telecoms and Media. CORE Attorneys regularly hold presentations on competition law, distribution law, public procurement and related matters at renowned domestic and international seminars.
For more information about CORE Attorneys, please visit CORE Attorneys’ website.
Staff FiguresPartners : 2 Associates : 1 Legal Assistants : 2
LanguagesGerman English French