Firm Profile > Singularity Legal > Mumbai, India
Singularity Legal Offices
113-B, Mittal Court
Mumbai - 400021
Singularity Legal > The Legal 500 Rankings
Led by Prateek Bagaria, Singularity Legal's team specialises in cross-border arbitration proceedings in various sectors, including energy, construction, media and entertainment and financial services. The group also demonstrates expertise in third party funding, complex investigations and litigation across numerous jurisdictions, including Singapore, Egypt and the UAE.
Lex Sportel Vision Pvt. Ltd.
Lex Entertainment & Media Pvt. Ltd.
Aircon Biebers FZE
Lahoti Overseas Limited
National Agricultural Cooperation Federation Bank, South Korea
Daelim Industrial Co. Limited
FTI Consulting Inc.
Anwesha Engineering and Projects Ltd.
ISGEC Heavy Engineering Limited
Oorja Holding Pte Limited
Mercator Oil and Gas Limited
Mercator Offshore (P) Pte Ltd
Mercator Energy Pte Limited
Mercator International Limited
PT Karya Putra Borneo
Singularity Legal > Firm Profile
Singularity Legal is an Asia and Africa focused international dispute resolution firm, established in August 2017.
Since then, Singularity has handled claims of over US$ 2 billion in cross-border disputes in various sectors including energy and resources, construction and infrastructure, shipping and maritime, sports and entertainment, international trade and business, and private equity and finance. These disputes have arisen out of business relations and projects in various parts of the world including Singapore, India, Israel, Indonesia, Nigeria, Egypt, Sierra Leone, Malaysia, the Philippines, Turkey, The Bahamas, Italy, the United Kingdom, the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates.
Singularity has been widely recognised, including by Legal 500 which ranked Singularity as a Tier 2 firm for its arbitration practice in India, by the Financial Times as Top 5 firms for innovation in dispute resolution in Asia-Pacific, and by India Business Law Journal and Asian Legal Business as the Rising Law Firm of the Year.
|International Dispute Resolution||Prateek Bagariafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prateek Bagaria||Partner||View Profile|
Notable cases/work highlights include:
- Representing a Singaporean and an Indian company in an arbitration concerning breach of a consortium agreement for a rig conversion project against an Abu Dhabi shipyard (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Singapore law)
- Representing an Indian company in an arbitration concerning the termination of a contract for the construction of an ethanol and power plant in Philippines against an Australian employer and Filipino co-contractor (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, English law)
- Representing two Singaporean companies in an arbitration against its ex-managing director of the oil and gas division and his companies for breach of fiduciary duties and non-compete agreement (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Singapore law)
- Advising an Indian company for its dispute against the Turkish employer for its dispute under an EPC contract relating to the construction of a circulating fluidized bed combustion boiler in Istanbul (ICC Rules, Turkey seated, Turkish law)
- Representing two Indian companies in an arbitration under a joint-venture agreement for construction of a thermal power plant against a Korean sovereign company (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Indian law)
- Advising a Turkish company in an arbitration concerning termination of a contract for renovation of highways in Kazakhstan against a Kazakh state-owned enterprise (SIAC Rules, Singapore seated, Kazakh law)
- Advising an Olympic boxer to defend doping charges a few months before the Tokyo Olympics
- Advising an American company, one of the largest trading houses in the world, in cross-border white collar and regulatory dispute relating to the Rotomac scam in India
- Advising an Indian company in an insurance litigation against an Indian underwriter under a hull and machinery insurance policy (UK High Court, Queen’s Bench Division)
- Representing an angel-investors in an investigation for fraud and breach of trust against a British Company and its promoter (London seated, English law)
- Representing a leading global litigation funder for its investment in a portfolio concerning construction projects in India (India seated, Indian law)
CLIENT: Mr Tom Glasgow
COMPANY/FIRM: Chief Investment Officer (Asia), Omni Bridgeway
TESTIMONIAL: “Prateek Bagaria leads an exceptional up-and-coming team with a commercial and highly strategic approach to complex international disputes. One of the best international disputes offerings in India.”
TESTIMONIAL: “Prateek Bagaria is a very driven individual and a good lawyer who handles clients well.”
TESTIMONIAL: “Responsive and dynamic” practice head Prateek Bagaria specialises in representing clients from a broad range of sectors in international commercial arbitrations such as ICC and UNCITRAL arbitrations.