Daverio & Florio Studio Legale > Milan, Italy > Firm Profile
Daverio & Florio Studio Legale Offices
Corso Europa, 13
Daverio & Florio Studio Legale > The Legal 500 Rankings
Italy > Employment Tier 4Daverio & Florio Studio Legale is described as a ‘leading employment practice in Italy’ with skills ‘of the highest level’ in particular in the healthcare and banking sectors. The latter belongs to Salvatore Florio‘s specialisms, while his counterpart Fabrizio Daverio specialises in general labour and social security law matters. Litigator Bernardina Calafiori is highly reputed. Stefano Piroso and associate Anna Cozzi stand out.
Fabrizio Daverio; Salvatore Florio; Bernardina Calafiori
Other key lawyers:
Stefano Piroso; Anna Cozzi
‘Bernardina Calafiori, Anna Cozzi, Graziana Alo’ are all brilliant, incredibly knowledgeable, commercially minded and responsive.’
‘Very knowledgeable advisors who are always respectful and fast delivering.’
‘Bernardina Califiori has very business-focused mindset, high availability, ad-hoc fast guidance if needed and always works with clients with a lot of empathy.’
‘Within the Firm there is a team made up of highly specialized professionals in the field of Labor Law. They provide wide-ranging assistance, both in and out of court. The team has shown particular attention to the customer in the management of each case, addressing it with particular analyticity, timeliness and seriousness.’
‘Founding partners Fabrizio Daverio, Salvatore Florio and Bernardina Calafiori confirm themselves as professionals of the highest standing, who are personally dedicated to the management of the numerous practices that the firm deals with. This commitment and dedication constitute the peculiarity of this study. The professionals stand out for their ability to understand the client’s needs and thus create a strong relationship of trust. Among these are Antonella Lo Sinno, Stefano Piroso and Graziana Alò.’
‘Good reaction speed in focusing on the problem promptness in providing answers to the questions posed ability to better advise the customer trying to find practical solutions, minimizing risks.’
‘Boutique of highly qualified specialists. Very good market presence, also very well-connected internationally. Fast response, very hands-on. Particularly noteworthy is also the pronounced commitment to the interests of the client.’
‘Bernardina Calafiori is very experienced and creative. Anna Cozzi is also an excellent professional, smart and focused. Graziana Alo is also a top-notch lawyer who can handle very complicated issues.’
Daverio & Florio Studio Legale > Firm Profile
Our firm: The law firm of Daverio & Florio specialises in labour law, trades union law, and social security law. We provide legal counsel and assistance in Italy and all over the world.
Daverio & Florio is Co-Founder of INNANGARD https://innangard.global/ an international employment law alliance which brings together leading employment law specialists from around the world to collaborate on international and cross-border employment law and HR issues. Many members of INNANGARD are ranked in The Legal 500.
Staff figures: The firm has four founding partners, Salvatore Florio, Fabrizio Daverio, Bernardina Calafiori and Teresa Florio, two full partners, Stefano Pavan and Vincenzo Ferrante, and five equity partners: Maurizio Bertola, Massimiliano Freddi, Antonella Lo Sinno, Stefano Piroso and Pasquale Zumbo. There are fourteen lawyers. Vincenzo Paolucci is our of counsel in Naples.
The firm’s partners are all members of the AGI, the Association of Italian Labour Lawyers.
As well as our head office in Milan, we also have offices in Turin, Rome and Naples, and work with other firms both in Italy and elsewhere.
We also have a dedicated research department, headed by Professor Vincenzo Ferrante, who holds a professorial chair in Labour Law at the Catholic University of Milan, and who, amongst other works, in 2009 published his “European Employment Code”, the first collection of the most important European Union laws in this field.
- We participate in numerous publishing and training initiatives, such as the “Advanced Training School in Labour, Trades Union and Social Security Law”, organised by the AGI; and articles in legal periodicals and publications;
- We work closely with the Order of Accountants and Auditors of Milan on numerous training initiatives.
- We offer our clients regular updates on labour and social security law, and organise exclusive conferences here on the most pressing issues.
- We provide our clients with legal advice (for our Italian clients and those abroad) and legal counsel on various issues in labour law, trades union law and social security law;
- We specialise in particular in the law on contracts of employment (permanent, fixed-term, and part-time contracts etc.) along with other different forms of employment contract (project contracts, supply of personnel, subcontracting, agency contracts etc.);
- We undertake due diligence work in relation to the field of employment;
- We work on procedures connected with effects on the workforce of restructurings, mergers, transfers of business, transfers, outsourcing, subcontracting; redundancy procedures; unemployment insurance procedures, personnel management in general (use of information technology systems and the internet, hours of work, availability, holidays, absences, transfers, assignments, placements and changes to duties, disciplinary proceedings, dismissal both individual and collective, salary and legal payments, the relationship between employment and the norms on privacy; job security and accidents at the workplace).
- We dedicate particular attention to work that requires close cooperation with our clients in the drafting of policies and communications to state bodies, public authorities and trades union organisations.
- Our ethos is to base our legal advice on our in-depth knowledge of the needs of our clients, which means we can act swiftly and positively to any given situation.
- We offer our legal advice in the whole of Italy in conjunction with an prestigious network of associates, while dealing with any court appearances directly.
Our way of working: After first contacting us, we are able to provide our clients with:
- an initial working opinion within two or three working days;
- a definitive opinion within the two to three working days following any comments or revisions our clients may make.
Naturally, more complex cases – either presented as such at the outset by our clients or which turn out to be so after examination – require more time. Our clients may ask us to make a case one of urgent need, in which case we can make more time available.
Our clients: The majority of our clients are:
- Multinational companies (for example, from the industrial, pharmaceutical and informatics industries etc.)
- Hospitals and healthcare groups
- Italian companies of all sizes and in all sectors
- Senior executives
|Bernardina Calafiori||Founding Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Fabrizio Daverio||Founding Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Salvatore Florio||Founding Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Graziana Alò||Lawyer at Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Maurizio Bertola||Equity Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Anna Cozzi||Lawyer at Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Vincenzo Ferrante||Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Avv Teresa Florio||Socio Fondatore||View Profile|
|Giordano Franchi||Lawyer at Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Massimiliano Freddi||Equity Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Antonella Lo Sinno||Equity Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Stefano Pavan||Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Stefano Piroso||Equity partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
|Pasquale Zumbo||Equity Partner Daverio & Florio||View Profile|
Staff FiguresFounding Partners : 4 Partners : 2 Equity Partners : 7 Lawyers : 14 Of Counsel : 1
LanguagesEnglish Spanish French
CLIENT: DHL Express Italy S.r.l. (Head of Industrial Relations & Litigation: Pierluigi d’Agostino)
COMPANY/FIRM: Daverio & Florio
TESTIMONIAL: We boast a long-standing relationship with the Daverio&Florio Law Firm, one that can be defined a well-established professional alliance. Great ability in understanding our company’s needs, knowledge of the processes and a very high level of cooperation make Daverio & Florio an essential partner of DHL in the management of labour issues. The Firm’s knowledge, experience and reliability are supplemented by a human approach that is strongly in line with our corporate values. We would like to thank the Firm for the daily and valuable support it offers to the team members and to our company as a whole.
CLIENT: MARSH S.p.A. (HR Director: Maddalena Rigo)
COMPANY/FIRM: Daverio & Florio
TESTIMONIAL: We have chosen to work with the Daverio&Florio Law Firm because of their great professionalism and quickness in finding the best ways to address complex situations regarding work-related issues. The Firm is a valuable partner that knows how to assist us in defining effective strategies, specifically when the issue is brought to the point of legal proceedings.