Firm Profile > Kieltyka Gladkowski KG Legal > Kraków, Poland
Kieltyka Gladkowski KG Legal Offices
SW. ANNY 9
Kieltyka Gladkowski KG Legal > The Legal 500 Rankings
Private client Tier 2
KG Legal Kieltyka Gladkowski is focused on cross-border and multi-jurisdictional private client matters, with a strength in international family and guardianship law, real estate, immigration, wealth planning and tax. Founding partners Kazimierz Jakub Gładkowski and Małgorzata Kiełtyka are the names to note.
Kazimierz Jakub Gładkowski
‘Fast response to any legal or administrative issues raised during the conduct of the case. Co-operation within the team to deal with the issues fast and most importantly efficiently. Confidence that any enquiries and questions will be responded to fully and professionally.‘
‘Willingness to go beyond normal call of duty; being available and keen to get involved even in the most complex and unusual matters. Always very friendly and full of courtesy. Providing legal solutions to the problems where others could not see the way out.‘
‘Honest, understanding, hardworking, diligent respectful, resourceful.‘
The Kraków-based team at KG Legal Kieltyka Gladkowski is praised by clients for being 'much more flexible than large firms' in relation to its main focus, which is advising on data protection and privacy issues arising from bio-IT projects. The team, jointly headed by Jakub Gładkowski and Małgorzata Kiełtyka, handles a variety of work, including GDPR implementation; data processing agreements; audits in relation to data protection officers; and assistance with data retention and destruction. The group also handles complaints made to the Data Protection Authority, data breach issues and reporting, as well as transactions involving databases.
Jakub Gładkowski; Małgorzata Kiełtyka
‘Very skilled and proactive team.‘
‘Małgorzata Kiełtyka and Jakub Gładkowsk are very talented in data protection in Poland. It is very reassuring to have their contact.‘
‘Strong local expertise, well-versed in international norms, strong communication, diligent in execution, good big picture and detail.‘
Healthcare and life sciences Tier 3
KG Legal Kieltyka Gladkowski is a life sciences and healthcare boutique, which handles matters spanning product labelling, licensing and regulations, as well as assisting clients with regulatory and data protection issues. The group has developed a specialism in medical cannabis law and regulation, advising foreign clients on their entry into the Polish market. Małgorzata Kiełtyka jointly leads the team alongside Kazimierz Jakub Gładkowski.
Małgorzata Kiełtyka; Kazimierz Jakub Gładkowski
‘Very skilled and proactive team.’
‘Małgorzata Kiełtyka and Kazimierz Jakub Gładkowski are very talented in all areas of life sciences in Poland.‘
‘Małgorzata Kiełtyka is a true expert in her field and has a perfect understanding of the life sciences sector.‘
Kieltyka Gladkowski KG Legal > Firm Profile
KIELTYKA GLADKOWSKI KG Legal is a Polish law firm, with offices in Warsaw and Krakow. KIELTYKA GLADKOWSKI KG Legal handles cross border cases. It has a dedicated corporate and private client desk. We advise international and domestic clients on the basis of Polish law, in litigation and in non-contentious matters.
Our particular focus is on cross border and multi-jurisdictional matters, primarily within the technology; fintech & blockchain; cybersecurity; media & telecom; healthcare and life sciences; financial institutions; fintech; real estate, construction & infrastructure; transport & logistics; manufacturing; retail & distribution sectors.
We represent domestic and international clients within the full range of size, stage of development and scope of business: investors, start-ups, entrepreneurs, seed and angel venture funds, growing companies, small and mid-size companies, large global corporations.
The primary focus areas of Kieltyka Gladkowski KG Legal are:
- Dispute resolution, conflict resolution and civil litigation;
- Commercial and corporate law, including corporate governance, financial reporting, mergers and acquisitions;
- IT law and new technologies, with a particular emphasis on e-commerce, video games, e-sports, blockchain, fintech, e-health, AI, AR/VR, mobile;
- Intellectual property;
- Employment law, including cross-border employment;
- Business to business contracts;
- Competition and antitrust;
- EU law;
- Data protection and data privacy;
- Regulatory law;
- Polish and international trademark law, copyright, licences;
- Private equity and venture capital;
- Insolvency law, restructuring, property management, business continuation, preparation and implementation of insolvency plans;
- Real estate project development;
- Residential property law;
- Real estate transactions (legal due diligence, legal advice on buying and selling real estate and real estate portfolios);
- Public procurement and PPP;
- Advising start-ups / companies and investors on company formation, funding rounds and transactions.
KIELTYKA GLADKOWSKI LEGAL developed its Private Client desk services for HNW individuals and their businesses and Next Gen Wealth, including legal advice in wealth management; succession planning; investments across different asset classes; legal support in creating trust funds and tax optimization as well as advice and support on business and corporate structuring (MORE)
All of our lawyers have studied and / or worked abroad. In our daily practice, we often work closely with foreign affiliated lawyers.
Kieltyka Gladkowski KG Legal is the member of a number of international organisations, including BioLawEurope F.m.b.A., LifeScience Cluster, International Intellectual Property Law Association, Deutsch-Nordische Juristenvereinigung E.V., Deutsch-Niederländische Rechtsanwaltsvereinigung E.V., Advantage Austria (International unit of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce), Netherlands-Polish Chamber of Commerce, through which KG Legal develops its cross border legal and business capabilities.
ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA, International Department of the Vienna Chamber of Commerce of Austria (Wirtschaftskammer Österreich – WKÖ) has entered the partners of KG Legal to the list of trusted lawyers (Vertrauensanwalt).
In connection with coronavirus epidemy, KIELTYKA GLADKOWSKI KG Legal has developed legal measures to assist its Clients, entrepreneurs and employers in order to minimise the negative effects of COVID-19 outbreak.
Selected recent legal projects and cross-border services within the IT and Life sciences industries:
- contract for the maintenance and modification of the ICT system, including technical support services, system development and a series of trainings for internal users;
- legal service for an innovative IT project for an entity from the pharmaceutical, health care and well-being services sector;
- legal service of the Big Data project in the field of automation of the process of exercising rights from medical documents; legal protection of the software contract in the microservices architecture;
- representation of a pharmaceutical entity in negotiating a claim resulting from improper performance of an IT Big Data project due to the disadvantage of inadequate optimization of data operations speed, computing power and minimizing the failure rate of software providing real time data to physicians;
- legal protection of the company dealing in software development in the form of an analytical platform and algorithm. Creating a legal framework enabling adequate settlement of patients’ rights, collecting required signatures and archiving documents for the purposes of auditing;
- API license agreement with securing rights to the API source code, including processing, decompiling, modifying or disassembling APIs.