Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > Sofia, Bulgaria > Firm Profile
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski Offices
111 EVLOGI & HRISTO GEORGIEVI BLVD
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > The Legal 500 RankingsStoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski counts multinational pharmaceutical producers, distributors, as well as individual healthcare practitioners and pharmacists, among its roster of key clients; the team handles public procurement procedures, healthcare disputes and regulatory and compliance matters. Irina Stoeva leads the practice group and acts for notable clients including GlaxoSmithKline and Perrigo, on account of her 21 years of experience in this sector. Of counsel Vania Todorova and senior associate Miroslava Iordanova are key members of the team.
Other key lawyers:
Vania Todorova; Miroslava Iordanova
‘Irina Stoeva is an outstanding lawyer with impressive knowledge and experience in healthcare and commercial litigation. She is very responsive, business-oriented, flexible and persuasive. Due to her business-oriented, practical approach we have succeeded in reaching, in my view, the optimal outcome in several commercial cases. Additional STZ team-members to praise are Vania Todorova and Miroslava Iordanova, both very knowledgeable, dedicated and precise lawyers.’
‘This is a team of excellent lawyers, who perfectly collaborate and provide back-up to each other. They always respond on time and with high quality work.’
‘I have worked with Mrs. Irina Stoeva for more than 15 years. During these years, I have always relied on her professional legal advice. She has excellent knowledge of commercial law, as well as the legal framework of many industry areas (i.e., pharmaceutical industry, insurance. etc.). Following her legal advice and legal representation provides a successful outcome for her clients in very complicated cases.’
EU Pharmacia Bulgaria,
Sofia Regional Pharmaceutical Association
Ekan – Lubomir Subev
Periodontics and Oral Implantology Society
Dr. Mark Danan
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline in relation to the change in Bulgaria of the commercial model and the outsourcing of the distribution, promotion and market access activities for the group pharmaceutical products to the new local partners.
- Advising EU Pharmacia Bulgaria on regulatory issues related to the registration of a food supplement with Bulgarian Food Safety Agency.
- Advising members of the RPAS on transferring their retail permits and business activity and obtaining approval from Bulgarian Drug Agency.
‘The team at STZ represents a unique combination of professionalism, experience and dedication that I have experienced on numerous occasions and project we were working on together. Their genuine attitude and commitment to every project undertaken is impressive and highly satisfactory. The STZ team are precise and fast. Customer needs are at the centre of their model and the results of their assignments are always above my expectations.’
‘Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski (STZ) is a highly reliable firm with very experienced partners who have a profound understanding of issues they are dealing with. There are not so many Bulgarian law firms who know in detail the capital markets and finance law, as well as insurance. STZ lawyers have proved that and can stand the pressure of cross-border legal work. Their responses to our queries are always prompt and the advice is practical and tailored to the circumstances. When the client is in need, they will work all night to solve the issue.’
‘Our main point of contact is Natalia Yordanova – she is a brilliant lawyer and a trustful person. She is highly respected among the local investment community for her successes in challenging before court regulatory penalties and compulsory measures. Irina Stoeva is also a highly respected lawyer with deep expertise in insurance and commercial law.’
‘STZ are one of the very few Bulgarian law firms that know in depth the capital markets law. Iordan Tchompalov and Natalia Yordanova have been active in the market for a long time, and they have gained huge experience. Their response to our queries is always prompt and the advice is market-oriented and tailored to the circumstances.’
Central Cooperative Bank
Alfa Finance Holding
The Bulgarian Association of Insurance Brokers
Global Invest Holding B.V.
Expat Asset Management
Axion Swiss Bank SA
Dealing Financial Company
Investment Firm Bulbrokers
Alfa Finance Asset Management
EuroFinance Investment Firm
Balkan and Sea Properties ADSIC (REIT)
Specialized Logistic Systems
Investment Firm Real Finance
Invest Capital Asset Management
- Advising Eurohold and its Dutch subsidiaries in the financing phase of the acquisition of CEZ Bulgaria group.
- Advising a Dutch issuer of bonds on the amendment of terms of the €65m 4.5% secured bonds.
- Advised Specialized Logistic Systems (as borrower) on the €70m German law governed Promissory Loan (Schuldschein) and on the €70m Pass Through Notes.
Iordan Tchompalov; Irina Stoeva
‘We have cooperated with STZ from the beginning of their establishment. We highly appreciate their personal approach to the clients. We consider team’s strengths are its flexibility, access to services and out-of-the box advice. They cover wide range of problems in the fields of commercial, corporate and M&A law. Their advice is always result-oriented, flexible and aiming to meet clients’ practical needs.’
‘Iordan Tchompalov is very experienced and his impressive legal and organisational skills contributed to the positive outcome on numerous cases he advised us on. He proved to be very effective and always able to deal, in highly professional manner, with challenging amount of work.’
‘Cooperation has always been smooth. The lawyers are very pleasant, proactive, with a pro-client approach.’
‘Irina Stoeva – remarkable scope of knowledge and experience in corporate and commercial law. Successfully advises on complex and time-critical legal issues.’
‘Extensive knowledge of and long-term experience in corporate and commercial law, efficient and market-oriented advice and 24 hours availability.’
‘Iordan Tchompalov – distinguished practitioner with communication skills and very good tactical approach to dealing with tough situations.’
Nielsen Admosphere Bulgaria
Sofia Business Consulting Group
- Acted as local counsel alongside Morrison & Foerster advising Eurohold on its €335m acquisition of CEZ’s Bulgarian assets.
- Assisting Covington & Burling in London on the liquidation of the GlaxoSmithKline subsidiary in Bulgaria and the Bulgarian aspects of the change of the GlaxoSmithKline commercial model to distributorship.
- Representing Bulgarian renewable energy producers in compensation of damages claims against the Bulgarian State arising out of infringement of the EU law.
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > Firm Profile
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski is a boutique law firm founded in November 2017. The firm is built on its partners’ top-tier experience and focuses on what its lawyers do best. The firm’s principal practice areas are related to litigation and disputes resolution, on one hand, and on non-contentious matters, advising clients on certain legal, regulatory, and transnational matters.
At Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski our entrepreneurial culture is based on:
- More Efficient Business Philosophy. We have the “big-firm” expertise without the “big-firm” hourly rates and overhead. We do not occupy expensive office space or maintain a large complement of administrative personnel. We only deploy experienced lawyers whose billing rates are quite affordable. Rather than incentivizing our lawyers to increase time spent on a matter, we reward efficiency.
- Commercially sensible approach. Clients not just expect their lawyers to understand the law, but also to understand clients’ business, goals and priorities first before step ourselves into the legal aspects. This is what we do. Furthermore, we are flexible enough to offer to our clients on a case-by-case basis the best fee structure for their needs, whether that’s fixed fees, contingency fees, blended rates, or other innovative arrangements. In certain personal injury court cases, we front all expenses and only receive a fee if our client recover.
- First class service. We are committed to technical excellence in our work and to providing proactive, agile, and practically oriented advice. Our referrers and clients know that we are accessible and responsive. We strive to give our clients the very best legal representation in the most professional, courteous, and cost-efficient manner.
- Sustained senior focus. Our partners are uniquely across every aspect of clients’ matters. Our clients benefit from senior-level attention from start to finish.
- Clients’ trust. We recognize that we must earn our clients’ trust every day by placing their interests and needs first. We intentionally keep accepted cases to a manageable level so that we can form true longstanding relationships with our clients.
|Ms Miroslava Iordanova||Senior Associate||View Profile|
|Ms Irina Stoeva||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Iordan Tchompalov||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Tihomir Todorov||Associate||View Profile|
|Ms Vania Todorova||Of counsel||View Profile|
|Ms Mariana Velichkova||Of Counsel||View Profile|
|Ms Natalia Yordanova||Junior partner||View Profile|
|Mr Peter Znepolski||Partner||View Profile|
Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolskis values are at the core of our business: we strive to give our clients the very best legal representation and advice in the most professional, courteous and cost-efficient manner, and to furthering justice and the public interest. Diversity is another fumdamental value of our firm. We acknowledge that people differ in ways such as age, gender and ethnicity, education, social background, religion, sexual orientation, personal experiences and perspectives.
We believe that everybody has the right to fair treatment and equal opportunities at work. We recognise the importance of creating an environment of equality, inclusion and mutual respect, in which people with different views, experiences and backgrounds can fulfil their potential. We aim to establish long term working relationships with our staff, positive working environment and to create an atmosphere in which each individual can develop his or her potential to the fullest extent possible
Our firm is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in our policies, practices and procedures and in those areas in which we have influence in the wider community.
At Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski we further believe that as a business we have a responsibility to play a positive role in our community and to contribute in a wider social context. As an example, by drafting its charter and assisting its court registration, our partner Irina Stoeva has supported a not-for-profit organization, devoted to improve the local community environment in Oborishte region of Sofia (where the firms office is located). Same pro bono services have been rendered by Iordan Tchompalov to the Bulgarian branch of the English-Speaking Union. We encourage our lawyers to continue being engaged in pro bono and volunteer work, charity fundraising and community opportunities.