Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > Sofia, Bulgaria > Firm Profile
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski Offices
111 EVLOGI & HRISTO GEORGIEVI BLVD
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > The Legal 500 RankingsStoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski counts multinational pharmaceutical producers, individual healthcare practitioners and pharmacists among its clients, the most notable of which are GlaxoSmithKline, Perrigo and EU Pharmacia Bulgaria. Dispute resolution and regulatory, compliance and public procurement issues comprise the bulk of the team’s work in the healthcare and life sciences field. Practice group leader and founding partner Irina Stoeva is praised as ‘an outstanding lawyer with impressive knowledge and experience in healthcare’.
Other key lawyers:
Vania Todorova; Tihomir Todorov; Miroslava Iordanova
‘Good understanding of the healthcare environment.’
‘STZ has a unique combination of partners with longstanding practices and young, highly motivated lawyers. We consider that their main qualities are: swift and practical advice, the ability to work under challenging deadlines, and the flexibility and strength-in-depth of the team.’
‘For me, Irina Stoeva is an outstanding lawyer with impressive knowledge and experience in healthcare and commercial litigation. She is very responsive, business-oriented, flexible and persuasive. Due to her business-oriented, practical approach we have reached, in my view, the optimal outcome in several commercial cases. Other STZ team members we would like to praise are Vania Todorova, Tihomir Todorov and Miroslava Iordanova, all of whom are very knowledgeable, dedicated and precise lawyers.’
‘They work very efficiently to provide high-quality services, meet deadlines and save costs for their clients.’
‘Irina Stoeva is our main contract. She is an extremely competent and knowledgable lawyer, who is continuously up to date with changes in legislation and legal practice. She proactively provides information to her clients about important changes in the relevant legislation. She has a high level of professional integrity and a very sharp mind.’
EU Pharmacia Bulgaria
Sofia Regional Pharmaceutical Association
Ekan – Lubomir Subev
Periodontics and Oral Implantology Society
Dr. Mark Danan
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline in relation to the change of its commercial model in Bulgaria and the outsourcing of the distribution, promotion and market access of the group’s pharmaceutical products to new local partners.
- Advised EU Pharmacia Bulgaria on regulatory issues related to the registration of a food supplement with the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency.
- Advised SottoPelle Bulgaria on the regulatory requirements applicable to the provision of hormone replacement therapy in Bulgaria by bioidentical pellet implants.
Iordan Tchompalov; Irina Stoeva
Other key lawyers:
Natalia Yordanova; Peter Znepolski
‘Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski have a long-standing practice in capital markets. Two lawyers – Iordan Tchompalov and Natalia Yordanova – have been in that market for more than 20 years. The team continuously upgrade their knowledge in line with the developing financial services legal framework. One could always rely on their legal advice and in addition, STZ are very responsible, respond promptly, do high quality work and really care for the client’s best interest.’
‘Natalia Yordanova is the lawyer we mostly work with. We are fully satisfied with her expertise, dedication to win the case and attention to the client. I do not think there is a better securities lawyer in Bulgaria in the field of regulatory work and penalty appeals.’
‘I have worked closely with Irina Stoeva and her legal team on a variety of projects related to the regulation of the insurance market. Whenever I have asked for guidance and explanations, I have always received clear, correct and fast replies to my questions. I have worked with other lawyers in the past, but none as knowledgeable, cooperative and willing to help you understand even the most complex legal matters as STZ lawyers are. STZ comprises of very diligent and trustworthy lawyers with extensive legal expertise and experience, who are dedicated to providing top quality legal services to their clients.’
‘I have worked with Irina Stoeva for many years. She stands out as very precise, practical and responsive lawyer and is notable for her profound knowledge and extensive experience in complex and challenging insurance and regulatory matters. Irina is business-oriented and approaches all commercial matters with a view to the client’s business needs.’
‘Iordan Tchompalov is an excellent practitioner with an outstanding experience in finance and capital markets matters, who provides competent and timely advice, taking into account the particularities of each project.’
‘My experience with the partner Mr. Tchompalov was very effective. The delivery of the legal products was on time and of exceptional quality.’
‘The team in Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski consists of highly knowledgeable professionals with broad lines of knowledge on diversified legal issues which makes the expertise the company provides complex and broad covering all aspects of the matter in discussion.’
‘Iordan Tschompalov is a person with rich and broad knowledge in the matters concerned who is able to provide timely and sophisticated advice on the issues raised.’
Central Cooperative Bank
Electrorazpredelitelni Mreji Zapad
International Investment Bank
The Bulgarian Association of Insurance Brokers
AVUS Bulgaria International Claims Handling
Dealing Financial Company
Investment Firm Bulbrokers
EuroFinance Investment Firm
FFBH Asset Management
Investment Firm Real Finance
Invest Capital Asset Management
- Acted as local advisor of Eurohold and its Dutch subsidiaries regarding the post-closing amendments of the €470m facility agreements related to the acquisition of CEZ assets in Bulgaria and the fulfilment of post-closing obligations of Eurohold group companies.
- Advised Varengold Bank AG on Bulgarian law aspects on the funding for a €35m loan to Specialised Logistic Systems.
- Advised Electrorazpredelitelni Mreji Zapad on the restructuring of its €116m loan agreement of 2018 extended by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Iordan Tchompalov; Irina Stoeva
‘Natalia Yordanova is our point of contact with the firm. She is punctual and always with bright ideas how to challenge regulators’ coercive measures and penalty decrees – and these ideas very often work. We have used the services of the firm also in relation to shareholders’ meetings, related parties’ transactions, directors’ conflict of interests and other corporate advice. I would like to praise also Miroslava Iordanova and Tihomir Todorov, who are smart young knowledgeable lawyers and who work very hard for the firm’s clients and ultimately for the success of the firm.’
‘The law firm provides highly professional services from experienced lawyers having the expertise and motivation to meet the best criteria for quality of the work. Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski delivers timely, exhaustive and competent legal advice discussed from different perspectives and observing the highest standards in this area. The law firm reacts very quickly to legal changes.’
‘STZ team is a successful amalgamation of experience and youth. The team offers a great deal of creativity in solving our legal problems. I have never thought to look for other lawyers, because of my complete satisfaction with Irina’s team service, their accurate and practical advice rendered at very competitive rates. STZ advise on all business law areas that may concern our activity – public procurement, contractual and corporate law, employment law.’
‘I would like to strongly recommend Irina Stoeva and also Vania Todorova. Both have profound legal knowledge and remarkable analytical qualities for identifying the legal issue and deal with it in a challenging short term. I can also recommend Miroslava Iordanova and Tihomir Todorov as thoughtful and competent professionals, energetic and eager to improve themselves.’
‘The entire team is highly responsive, responsible, with attention to the detail, highly professional and with in-depth competences in the field of capital markets, corporate law and M&A.’
‘Iordan Tchompalov definitely stands out with his high professionalism, timely advice, flexible and out of the box approach.’
‘Natalia Yordanova is extremely good, I have worked mainly with her in several challenges of penalties imposed by the Financial Supervision Commission of Bulgaria. She is supported by younger lawyers, Miroslava Iordanova and Tihomir Todorov who look very knowledgeable, ambitious and available at any time for advice. We have also used the firm for general corporate work and my impressions for the deliverables are perfect.’
‘Very good service. STZ lawyers understand in depth corporate and commercial issues and are efficient and trustworthy. In contrast to other law firms in Bulgaria STZ combine the non-contentious advice with successful commercial dispute resolution practice. The work very well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. High quality for good value!’
Eurohold Bulgaria AD
Industry Development Holding
We Love Digi
Bolkan & Sea Properties
- Advised Eurohold Bulgaria on the mandatory and voluntary tender offers addressed to the minority shareholders in its listed energy subsidiaries.
- Assists Covington and Burling in London on the liquidation of the GlaxoSmithKlaine’s subsidiary in Bulgaria and the Bulgarian aspects of the change of the GSK commercial model to distributorship.
- Advised a leading Bulgarian insurance broker and its shareholders on the contemplated sale of the company to the largest Polish insurance broker.
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > Firm Profile
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski is a boutique law firm founded in November 2017. The firm is built on its partners’ top-tier experience and focuses on what its lawyers do best. The firm’s principal practice areas are related to litigation and dispute resolution, on one hand, and on non-contentious matters, advising clients on certain legal, regulatory, and transactional matters.
At Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski our entrepreneurial culture is based on:
- More Efficient Business Philosophy. We have the “big-firm” expertise without the “big-firm” hourly rates and overhead. We do not occupy expensive office space or maintain a large complement of administrative personnel. We only deploy experienced lawyers whose billing rates are quite affordable. Rather than incentivizing our lawyers to increase time spent on a matter, we reward efficiency.
- Commercially sensible approach. Clients do not just expect their lawyers to understand the law, but also to understand clients’ business, goals and priorities first before stepping into the legal aspects. This is what we do. Furthermore, we are flexible enough to offer our clients on a case-by-case basis the best fee structure for their needs, whether that’s fixed fees, contingency fees, blended rates, or other innovative arrangements. In certain personal injury court cases, we front all expenses and only receive a fee if our client recover.
- First-class service. We are committed to technical excellence in our work and to providing proactive, agile, and practically oriented advice. Our referrers and clients know that we are accessible and responsive. We strive to give our clients the very best legal representation in the most professional, courteous, and cost-efficient manner.
- Sustained senior focus. Our partners are uniquely across every aspect of clients’ matters. Our clients benefit from senior-level attention from start to finish.
- Clients’ trust. We recognize that we must earn our clients’ trust every day by placing their interests and needs first. We intentionally keep accepted cases to a manageable level so that we can form true longstanding relationships with our clients.
|Ms Miroslava Iordanova||Senior Associate||View Profile|
|Ms Irina Stoeva||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Iordan Tchompalov||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Tihomir Todorov||Associate||View Profile|
|Ms Vania Todorova||Of counsel||View Profile|
|Ms Mariana Velichkova||Of Counsel||View Profile|
|Ms Natalia Yordanova||Junior partner||View Profile|
|Mr Peter Znepolski||Partner||View Profile|
Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolskis values are at the core of our business: we strive to give our clients the very best legal representation and advice in the most professional, courteous and cost-efficient manner, and to furthering justice and the public interest. Diversity is another fumdamental value of our firm. We acknowledge that people differ in ways such as age, gender and ethnicity, education, social background, religion, sexual orientation, personal experiences and perspectives.
We believe that everybody has the right to fair treatment and equal opportunities at work. We recognise the importance of creating an environment of equality, inclusion and mutual respect, in which people with different views, experiences and backgrounds can fulfil their potential. We aim to establish long term working relationships with our staff, positive working environment and to create an atmosphere in which each individual can develop his or her potential to the fullest extent possible
Our firm is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in our policies, practices and procedures and in those areas in which we have influence in the wider community.
At Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski we further believe that as a business we have a responsibility to play a positive role in our community and to contribute in a wider social context. As an example, by drafting its charter and assisting its court registration, our partner Irina Stoeva has supported a not-for-profit organization, devoted to improve the local community environment in Oborishte region of Sofia (where the firms office is located). Same pro bono services have been rendered by Iordan Tchompalov to the Bulgarian branch of the English-Speaking Union. We encourage our lawyers to continue being engaged in pro bono and volunteer work, charity fundraising and community opportunities.