Joffe & Associés > Paris, France > Firm Profile
Joffe & Associés Offices
5, rue Marietta-Albon
Joffe & Associés > The Legal 500 RankingsJoffe & Associés, a full-service law firm, advises on the entire life cycle of a luxury product from its creation to its distribution. The caseload therefore includes matters regarding manufacturing, promotion, and advertising of luxury goods as well as commercial contracts and distribution law, competition law, IT and IP law, corporate law and employment law. Thomas Lepeytre is highly recognised in the French market for commercial law and transactions as well as for his knowledge of distribution matters. Véronique Dahan is another notable practitioner in the luxury goods sector at the firm, acting as counsel and litigator for French and international clients on commercial, IP and IT matters, trade marks, copyrights, software, designs and customs seizures.
Other key lawyers:
‘Soiron has always shown great availability. His experience, his listening skills make him an expert in contract negotiation, capable of providing original solutions to complex situations.’
‘A responsive team that listens to its clients.’
‘Romain Soiron knows how to make himself available to ensure rigorous follow-up of files. It is very nice to work with someone who is passionate and dedicated!’
FEDERATION FRANCAISE DE FOOTBALL
LIGUE DE FOOTBALL PROFESSIONNEL
FEDERATION FRANCAISE D’ATHLETISME
FOOT IN ARENA
LIGUE NATIONALE DE HANDBALL
- Initiated legal proceedings against Rojadirecta, one of the biggest streaming websites, before the French courts on behalf of the French Professional Football League in order to protect the value of the French Professional Football League’s TV rights.
- Assisted Fight Nation with the negotiation of the media contract with the local organisers and with the OTT platform called Sportall for the live broadcasting of several boxing, karate, MMA and judo events.
- Advised an investment fund wanting to invest in the sports sector to help sports entities to recover from the pandemic.
‘A very available and agile team.’
‘Good consideration of the context in which the client operates and the objectives pursued.’
‘Particularly available and dynamic team, alert and expert on the various subjects dealt with and proactive as to the solutions to be provided. The fluidity of contacts is particularly appreciable and makes it possible to lead to documentation or shared solutions which correspond precisely to the legal but also operational issues encountered by the company.’
‘Great flexibility and availability of the partner in charge of the department (Mathieu Gaudemet). High listening skills in order to present and use the legal rules and reasoning as solutions rather than focusing on the constraints they may induce. A pragmatic vision of things which makes dialogue very fluid with both lawyers and operational staff.’
‘The team has all the qualities expected: great responsiveness, unfailing professionalism, fees adapted to its clients and to the challenges of each case.’
‘I have the opportunity to work with Mathieu Gaudemet and his teams. I particularly appreciate his availability, his legal skills in public business law, his understanding of both legal and operational cases. He also knows how to show great combativeness in the contentious cases entrusted to him.’
‘Very high availability of the team, the written briefs are both precise and synthetic allowing a powerful argumentation, very good strategic advice based on an in-depth knowledge of litigation in public law.’
‘Responsive and innovative team. I particularly appreciate their ability to find operational solutions and their good knowledge of the constraints of my company and my sector of activity.’
AÉROPORTS DE PARIS
CLUB MED SAS
GIP SANTÉ NUMÉRIQUE HAUTS DE FRANCE
FCC MEDIO AMBIENTE SA
AGENCE NATIONALE DE LA RECHERCHE
- Assisted SNCF Voyageurs’ Transilien branch with the renegotiation and execution of rail operating agreements.
- Assisting SNCF Réseau with the implementation of the new legislative reforms.
- Assistance to Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas (FCC).
‘The arrival of Véronique Dahan is a significant development. She brings huge experience and knowledge of IP protection and exploitation, particularly in fashion.‘
‘Véronique Dahan is clever, strategic with incomparable industry knowledge. And a delight to work with.’
‘My interaction with Véronique Dahan has allowed me to appreciate her listening skills, her proactive attitude to propose solutions not just in a legal context. Her extensive experience gave me the pleasant impression that her solutions are tried and trusted.’
ADP (Aéroports de Paris)
Bpifrance Innovation – Large Venture
- Advised Aéroports de Paris on its project to acquire the entire capital of BTA SAS France, in cooperation with the firm’s other departments.
- Advised Bpifrance Innovation – Large Venture on the IP aspects of its investment in Cubyn, in cooperation with the other departments of the firm.
- Assisted Les Corpographes with trade mark and image right matters for its clients’ advertising campaigns, including research of prior trade mark registrations, filing and prosecution of trade mark applications, and strategic advice.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm is medium in size, which makes access to partners very easy. They are always available. In addition, the overheads are lower than in large firms, which allows us to benefit from a very good quality of work/price ratio.’
‘Olivier Dumas, with whom we work regularly, is a recognized professional in the private equity market in France, with extensive experience in teams, transactions and legal and tax regulations.’
‘Extremely helpful and knowledgeable team, who always are able to assist very competently with our queries.’
‘Olivier Dumas has a lot of knowledge and technicality & very good availability and rapid feedback.’
SWEN CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Advised Elaia Partners on the creation of the DELTA II Fund, now DV4 Fund, a €150 million venture capital fund: €200m.
- Advised Altis Capital on obtaining approval of the AMF in order to conduct PE activies, obtained in March2021: €150m.
- Advised Pergam on the structuring of the new Pergam Aurickx 3 Fund, a growth capital and small LBO PE fund: €100m.
Other key lawyers:
‘Great responsiveness and handling of an innovative international deal venture.’
‘High availability, ability to spontaneously grasp the issues of negotiation and the defense of the interests of the investor.’
A PLUS FINANCE
BNP PARIBAS DEVELOPPEMENT
NCI – CEN
- Advised Bpifrance Large Cap on its Vestiaire Collective fundraising: €178m.
- Advised Demeter on its Verkor fundraising: €100m.
- Advised Bpifrance (Innobio 2 Fund) on Series B fundraising of Alentis Therapeutics Ltd.: €55m.
Fabrice Hercot; Tehani Goy
France > Employment Tier 4Joffe & Associés
Géraldine Lepeytre; Blaise Deltombe
‘There is excellent responsiveness and a 360-degree view over the possible options.’
‘There is real expertise which is explained in an accessible way, with good business orientation (understanding of the challenges of the company and identification of the legal solutions which result from it).’
‘There is a very fluid collaboration between the different departments of the firm, which allows for a coordinated response on complex legal matters. Excellent interpersonal skills. Very good value for money.’
‘Excellent understanding of client expectations, both in terms of deadlines and operational issues. Responsiveness and adaptation to changes in the case. Blaise Deltombe is appreciated by both legal and operational teams, which is remarkable.’
‘Very strong client sense, availability, accessibility.’
‘Very good advice and constant search for a solution.’
‘The team is small, but works very well in that they are interchangeable and very responsive.’
‘Responsiveness, precision, transparency and above all an ability to understand the reality of a business.’
France > Private equity: LBO Tier 4Joffe & Associés
Aymeric Dégremont; Virginie Belle; Romain Soiron; Thomas Saltiel; Christophe Joffe; Thomas Lepeytre; Olivier Dumas
La Compagnie des Veterinaires
Compagnie du Catamaran
A Plus Finance
- Advised Bpifrance on the sale of Ovrsea to Groupe Bolloré.
- Assisted Socadif Capital Investissment with the LBO of Cab Stores.
- Acted for FrechFood Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake, alongside the founders, in the capital of Sophie Lebreuilly.
Aymeric Dégremont; Virginie Belle; Romain Soiron; Thomas Saltiel; Thomas Lepeytre
‘Efficiency, pragmatism and adaptability.’
‘Availability, subtlety and involvement.’
LA COMPAGNIE DES VETERINAIRES
COMPAGNIE DU CATAMARAN
A PLUS FINANCE
- Advising managers and sellers on the sale of their shares in the Cie des Vétérinaires, in addition to a substantial investment in the company. Matter value: €150-250m.
- Advising Bpifrance on the sale of Ovrsea, an online platform for organising international transport, to Groupe Bolloré, one of the leaders in traditional freight. Matter value: €50-150m.
- Advising Daco Bello, holding a leading position in France on the healthy snacking market, on the acquisition of Balarama, a specialist in nutritional bars.
Joffe & Associés > Firm Profile
Joffe & Partners was founded in 1996, on a simple premise: taking a comprehensive approach to each case by providing a multi-disciplinary and cross-divisional solution.
One of its first clients was a Japanese group, initiating since the outset the international fabric of the firm. Joffe & Partners offers French and international clients legal outsourcing solutions respectful of their internal dynamics.
Trust, cohesion and sharing are the core values of the firm.
Fostering synergy and sharing, the firm’s teams offer pragmatic, clear and innovative solutions in all areas of business law.
Proud of the loyalty of its clients, the firm accompanies them in their development projects in France and abroad.
Located in Paris and London, the firm has a network of international correspondents with whom it collaborates daily.
|Fund formation||Olivier Dumasemail@example.com|
|EU cOMPETITION and Distribution||Olivier Cavezianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative and Public Law||Mathieu Gaudemetemail@example.com|
|Real Estate||David Tavernierfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Intellectual Property/Information Technology||Véronique Dahanemail@example.com|
|Intellectual Property/Information Technology||Emilie De Vaucressonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs Virginie BELLE||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Olivier CAVEZIAN||Partner||View Profile|
|Mrs Véronique DAHAN||Partner||View Profile|
|Mrs Virginie DAVION||Partner||View Profile|
|Mrs Emilie DE VAUCRESSON||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Aymeric DEGREMONT||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Blaise DELTOMBE||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Olivier DUMAS||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Mathieu GAUDEMET||Partner||View Profile|
|Mrs Tehani GOY||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Alvyn Gobardhan||Of Counsel||View Profile|
|Mr Fabrice HERCOT||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Christophe JOFFE||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Thomas LEPEYTRE||Partner||View Profile|
|Mrs Géraldine LEPEYTRE||Partner||View Profile|
|Mrs Stéphanie MILANO||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Thomas SALTIEL||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Romain SOIRON||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr David TAVERNIER||Partner||View Profile|
Staff FiguresPartners : 18 Counsels : 6 Associates : 31
LanguagesEnglish French Spanish Italian
MembershipsIACF (Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux) AVOSIAL Chartered Insitute of Arbitrators
- Administrative and public law
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Private equity: Fund formation
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- EU, competition and distribution
- Private equity: LBO