Leroy si Asociatii > Bucharest, Romania > Firm Profile
Leroy si Asociatii Offices
10-12 MAIOR GHEORGHE SONTU STREET
Leroy si Asociatii > The Legal 500 RankingsLeroy si Asociatii has good experience across a wide range of banking products and forms of financing. Structured products such as derivatives feature prominently on the agenda, and the team is also strong on acquisition, real estate and project finance. Regulatory advice is another area of strength, as demonstrated by its ongoing advice to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association on related Romanian legal issues. The firm also has strong connections to the French market and regularly acts for BNP Paribas. Lead partner Andreea Toma has over 20 years’ experience in the market.
- Advised BNP Paribas Dublin Branch / BNP CIB on extending the international trade receivables asset-backed commercial paper (ABCP) securitisation programme of Teva Pharmaceuticals, the leading generic drugs manufacturer, to its Romanian subsidiary.
- Assisted Coresi Business Park, part of the Ceetrus Group, on a €31m real estate financing granted by BRD-Groupe Société Générale.
- Ongoing advice to Expert Petroleum, on securing financing from commercial banks and amending the financing documents with Syntaxis, a mezzanine fund.
Romania > Capital markets Tier 3Leroy si Asociatii has a well regarded ‘client focused practice, with fast delivery‘. The firm is especially experienced in debt capital markets work where it advises an impressive range of financial institutions and trade bodies. The practice has carved out a strong niche in structured products such as derivatives, as demonstrated by its ongoing work for International Swaps and Derivatives Association. Practice head Andreea Toma has almost 20 years’ experience in the market. She is ably supported by Cristina Togan and up-and-coming associate Cristian Bumbac, who is a ‘rising expert in the derivatives field‘.
‘Client focused practice, with fast delivery.’
‘Cristian Bumbac – a rising expert in the derivatives field.’
International Capital Market Association (ICMA)
International Securities Lending Association (ISLA)
International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
Bundesverband deutscher Banken / Association of German Banks
- Assisting the ICMA in connection with updating the industry opinion in connection with repurchase transactions and buy/sell-back transactions contemplated under the 2000 and 2011 Global Master Repurchase Agreements (GMRA), published by ICMA on its website for the benefit of all its members.
- Assisting the International Securities Lending Association (ISLA) in connection with updating the industry opinion on the securities lending transactions contemplated under the Global Master Securities Lending Agreement (GMSLA) published by ISLA on its website for the benefit of all its members.
- Assisting the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) in connection with the issuing of an opinion covering the enforceability of certain close-out, set-off and default provisions of the ISDA/FIA Client Cleared OTC Derivatives Addendum (the Addendum) when used in conjunction with any of the 1992 or 2002 ISDA Master Agreements.
Romania > Dispute resolution Tier 3Leroy si Asociatii has a busy and varied disputes offering that covers plenty of ground. The firm has invested heavily into the team in the past year with the recruitment of new practice head and managing associate Vincentiu Constantin and experienced of counsel Nela Petrisor from Musat & Asociatii. This is in addition to the expertise of founding partner Bruno Leroy who handles a broad range of disputes for international clients. The practice is especially experienced in high profile public procurement and projects-related claims, as well as fiscal and tax disputes against the relevant authorities.
Other key lawyers:
Albalact S.A. (Lactalis Group)
Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Universita Degli Studi di Roma ”La Sapienza”, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, alsyom s.a.s, acp systems s.a.s.u., comeb srl, scandinova systems ab (members of the EuroGammas Association)
CRH Ciment (Romania)
ETI European Food Industries
Vitalia Servicii Pentru Mediu
AIC Land Development
Safege S.S. Nanterre France
- Representing Albalact, one of the largest dairy producers in Romania, in a damages claim arising from the proposed sale of a logistics company owned by the Albalact group.
Romania > Employment Tier 3Leroy si Asociatii has strong relationships with major employers from across several sectors, including consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, infrastructure and logistics. The team regularly assists with individual and collective labour issues, company reorganisations, and employee benefits and social security schemes. The firm’s extensive international clientbase, including several major French companies, also ensures a strong flow of immigration and expatriation matters. Bruno Leroy leads the team. Senior associate Andreea Bibu is praised for her ‘customer service,‘ and ‘willingness to walk the extra mile when needed‘.
Other key lawyers:
‘I have been directly working for three and a half years with Andreea Cojocaru Bibu and I am completely amazed by Andreea’s customer service, willingness to walk the extra mile when needed, capacity to understand the exact business need and the capacity to be very creative when needed.’
Eti European Food Industries
LVMH (Louis Vuitton)
- Assisting Eti European Food Industries with post reorganization and restructuring issues, as well as broader employment matters.
- Advised LVMH on various employment related issues, including amendments to internal regulations and drafting mutual termination agreements.
Bruno Leroy; Andreea Toma
‘Good collaboration with the team, which has an excellent understanding of this regulated sector. Leroy si Asociatii Law Firm is also excellent at understanding fields connected to the main domain specific to our core business, whether it is financing, corporate or labor law – Andreea Toma, Andreea Cojocaru.’
Airbus Helicopters Romania
- Represented ENGIE Romania SA in a claim against the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority concerning natural gas tariffs.
- Representing Expert Petroleum in a dispute concerning a request to declassify the contents of the petroleum agreement, which the client was awarded, for the Curtici Exploration Block.
- Advising Expert Petroleum on day-to-day matters linked to its upstream oil and gas operations including ongoing petroleum concessions.
Andreea Toma; Bruno Leroy
‘Leroy si Asociatii Law Firm is excellent at understanding matters connected to the main domain specific to our core business, whether it is financing, corporate or labor law.’
- Advising Expert Petroleum on day-to-day activities linked to its oil and gas concessions, as well as a dispute linked to the Curtici Exploration Block.
Bruno Leroy; Andreea Toma
‘Very efficient, French language, easy relationship with our firm, very serious.’
‘Good and efficient relationship with our firm’
- Advising Groupe Rocher on the acquisition of a controlling stake in a Romanian cosmetics company.
- Advising Snetor on the Romanian aspects of a share capital increase.
- Advising Dexco Global on the indirect acquisition of a Romanian subsidiary of Italian electronics manufacturer.
Leroy si Asociatii > Firm Profile
The firm: Leroy si Asociatii is one of Romania’s leading independent law firms. With over 20 years of experience in the Romanian market, the firm has gained national and international recognition for its contribution on some of the most significant investments and transactions in Romania.
From the very beginning, Leroy si Asociatii has had an important impact on the Romanian legal advisory market. The firm’s teams have worked efficiently on ground-breaking transactions across multiple practice areas, notably in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, banking and finance, real estate and projects and infrastructure. Having advised on several major privatisations, the firm subsequently successfully structured high-profile acquisitions, and were instructed to act on the first Romanian law governed syndicated credit facility, the largest real estate financing in Romania, as well as the first motorway concession project in the country at that time.
Leroy si Asociatii has extensive expertise advising on high-profile transactions. The firm has established practices in all areas of business law (competition, regulatory, employment, dispute resolution, intellectual property), and assists clients on day-to-day business by taking a cross-disciplinary approach, along with a thorough understanding of the clients legal and commercial needs.
The firm’s diversified portfolio of international and national clients includes leading corporations, credit institutions, international financial institutions, investment funds, small and medium-sized enterprises and state-owned companies. In addition, the firm’s legal capabilities enable it to advise international associations on various legal matters, and the Romanian government on legislative projects in highly regulated sectors.
Areas of practice: The firm’s team of 20 lawyers has first-rate legal skills, in-depth market knowledge, and the experience of providing innovative legal solutions to business ambitions.
With comprehensive legal knowledge and excellent practical skills, its lawyers deliver high-standard, business-oriented advice across a wide range of disciplines. Furthermore, the firm’s lawyers’ multiple specialisations enhance the quality of its services in several industries, enabling the delivery of a customised response to each of its clients’ particular needs and objectives.
Additionally, Leroy si Asociatii works closely with reputable international law firms on cross-border transactions and is able to deliver integrated legal advice at all times on any transaction.
The firm provides multinational, international institutions, SME, and local company clients with the full range of services to meet their specific legal and business needs, so as to facilitate smooth interaction with the Romanian authorities and other essential stakeholders.
The firm assists investors wishing to settle in Romania, as well as companies already established, in relation to their day-to-day business activity.
Leroy si Asociatii has a departmental structure covering all the main branches of business law:
Corporate and M&A; banking and finance; capital markets; competition, distribution and consumer law; real estate; energy and natural resources; projects and infrastructure; intellectual property and data protection; employment; dispute resolution; insurance and aviation.
|Corporate M&A||Bruno Leroyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+40212330310|
|Banking and finance||Andreea Tomaemail@example.com||+40212330310|
|Real estate||Bruno Leroyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+40212330310|
|Energy and natural resources||Andreea Tomaemail@example.com||+40212330310|
|Projects and infrastructure||Andreea Tomafirstname.lastname@example.org||+40212330310|
|Capital markets||Andreea Tomaemail@example.com||+40212330310|